PDA

View Full Version : Lakers make 2nd offer to Fisher

showtime24
07-11-2010, 08:02 PM
ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5369580)

Ramona Shelburne that the Lakers have made a second offer to Fisher, stronger than the one-year, $2.5 million deal that was originally reported.

2 years $10 mil?

Oaktown R8ers
07-11-2010, 08:04 PM
we need him now since farmar is gone.

Dirty4
07-11-2010, 08:05 PM
I think there's 0% chance that their second offer is 2yr/$10M. At best, they match whatever offer he brings back from MIA.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 08:08 PM
My guess is 1 year 3.5 millions or 2 year 6 millions

Tymathee
07-11-2010, 08:09 PM
we were never bringing back Farmar.

and I agree, I think Fish is going to use the Heat for leverage. We thougth we could get fish for a discount cuz we knew no one else would give him more than we would but now that the Heat are in, we'll give him about 3-4 mil.

BigGuy951
07-11-2010, 08:19 PM
My guess is 2 yr 7 mil.

gerber
07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
just trade for jose calderon.

BigGuy951
I'm glad though. I hope it's enogh to get 'er done!

Vinylman
2/$8 million

no way he gets less per year than blake... it might be incentive laden but he definitely will get as much as blake.

Raidaz4Life
07-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I would assume its a 1 year 4 mil contract or a 2 year 7 mil contract

I'd hope for the first.

LA_Raiders
07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
2yrs $7.5M

Kobe's Disciple
07-11-2010, 08:31 PM
The contract is 2 years, $7.5-8M.

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Man I wish we traded for Kirk when we had the chance. The guy is a perfect fit for our team. it doesnt egt any better.

lakersrnumber1
07-11-2010, 08:44 PM
The contract is 2 years, $7.5-8M.

sounds about right come on fish sign the damn paper your holding us up in gettin other free agents to take down those heat and our journey to 3peat

showtime24
07-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Man I wish we traded for Kirk when we had the chance. The guy is a perfect fit for our team. it doesnt egt any better.

If only the FO did not overpaid luke kirk would have been a laker by now.

Go Dodgers!
07-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Come on Fish please sign!

Storch
07-11-2010, 09:40 PM

You, like many other PSD laker fans are mistaken. He is severely overrated and could not perform at a high level on a mediocre team. He is NOT as good and as perfect as everyone says he is. Overrated. I'll take Dfish + Blake over Kirk any day.

Rocco007
07-11-2010, 09:52 PM
You, like many other PSD laker fans are mistaken. He is severely overrated and could not perform at a high level on a mediocre team. He is NOT as good and as perfect as everyone says he is. Overrated. I'll take Dfish + Blake over Kirk any day.

If Heinrich was that good Chicago wouldn't have drafted Rose...But they found out that he was over rated...
Blake will give you equal value at half the cost...

Tymathee
07-11-2010, 09:56 PM

the guy we got is every good as Kirk is except he didn't play on a team that needed him to shoot. Hinrich is good but he's not a game changer, or he wouldn't have been traded. Can we leave the "i wish we had kirk hinrich" stuff alone already, sick of hearing about it.

btw, yall like my new siggy :D

Penetra8r
07-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I hope the new offer is a deal he will sign

BigGuy951
07-11-2010, 10:03 PM
the guy we got is every good as Kirk is except he didn't play on a team that needed him to shoot. Hinrich is good but he's not a game changer, or he wouldn't have been traded. Can we leave the "i wish we had kirk hinrich" stuff alone already, sick of hearing about it.

I agree man, and hell yes i love the sig! haha :hi5:

lakers4sho
07-11-2010, 10:05 PM
One trophy is missing.

BigGuy951
07-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah i noticed that too, but it's probably from last year.

Bruno
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
2 years, 7.5 million. Championship incentives, 5k for every single change he takes.

lakers4sho
07-11-2010, 10:37 PM
2 years, 5 million

6 million is pushing it

kobebabe
07-11-2010, 10:44 PM

Love ur sig man!:cool:

LifeLongLaker
07-12-2010, 12:11 AM
My guess is 2 yr 7 mil.

Why should he take LESS than Blake???

No way. Given I just arguably won Game 3 and helped a lot in Game 7 of the finals, if I was Fish I'm walking if the Lakers don't pay me at LEAST the same.

Insulting.

lakers4sho
07-12-2010, 12:23 AM

No way. Given I just arguably won Game 3 and helped a lot in Game 7 of the finals, if I was Fish I'm walking if the Lakers don't pay me at LEAST the same.

Insulting.

umm because Blake is the better, younger player? :eyebrow:

Kobe's Disciple
07-12-2010, 01:17 AM

Yeah, Laker fans sure love to overrate PG's. Remember when people wanted Banks to be the starter a few years ago? :facepalm:

lakerman
07-12-2010, 01:21 AM
2 years, 5 million

6 million is pushing it

I heard it on NBA TV they said the Lakers offered 2 for 5
they will have to go up 2 more million

kblo247
07-12-2010, 01:21 AM

Insulting.

Fish could and should take 500K to 1mil less total, and LA should use logic to get him to do it. That logic would be you got that much more than Harper as his backup in your first title run.

Iron24th
07-12-2010, 01:33 AM
My guess is 2 yr 7 mil.

2 years 7.5M

Kobe's Disciple
07-12-2010, 01:35 AM
Fish could and should take 500K to 1mil less total, and LA should use logic to get him to do it. That logic would be you got that much more than Harper as his backup in your first title run.

Fish should be paid just as much or more than Blake for everything he has done for the Lakers and the community. Not a good look when your point guard who signed this off-season is making more than you and you're more important than him to your team. That's like LO making more money than Gasol or Bynum.

dru5151
07-12-2010, 03:21 AM
I agree that fish deserves more money than we are throwing at him, but at the same time Blake is a younger pointguard with a bigger upside at this stage of his career.

The question is should we pay fish for past accomplishments or for possible future ones?

MJL
07-12-2010, 03:36 AM

I think you are right!

Findor
07-12-2010, 06:56 AM
The question is should we pay fish for past accomplishments or for possible future ones?
I really think Fisher must be paid for future, not for the past, that's one big mistake Lakers made already with Sasha. Fisher is a good player, but it's not a true PG with great play vision, he's 36 and not in his prime, getting lesser stats every year.

A lot of people says that he had some clutch shots in finals and that give the Lakers a title... but I think that the whole games must be taken in account. Fish can't guard Rondo or even Allen in most times, he let a lot of holes because the loss in his defensive skills, a 3-point shot in the end could not make forget that he let Boston do a lot of points through him... I don't know if Blake can make that and I can't say is what Lakers pay him is fair or not, but I know Fish can't do anymore many things that he did, at least at the same level.

I really want him signed, but more as a role PG, to get minutes in some decisive moments and to train Blake in the triangle so he can be put in starter progresively.

lakers4sho
07-12-2010, 10:17 AM
I really think Fisher must be paid for future, not for the past, that's one big mistake Lakers made already with Sasha. Fisher is a good player, but it's not a true PG with great play vision, he's 36 and not in his prime, getting lesser stats every year.

A lot of people says that he had some clutch shots in finals and that give the Lakers a title... but I think that the whole games must be taken in account. Fish can't guard Rondo or even Allen in most times, he let a lot of holes because the loss in his defensive skills, a 3-point shot in the end could not make forget that he let Boston do a lot of points through him... I don't know if Blake can make that and I can't say is what Lakers pay him is fair or not, but I know Fish can't do anymore many things that he did, at least at the same level.

I really want him signed, but more as a role PG, to get minutes in some decisive moments and to train Blake in the triangle so he can be put in starter progresively.

:clap::clap:

strokeman
07-12-2010, 11:07 AM
2/$8 million

no way he gets less per year than blake... it might be incentive laden but he definitely will get as much as blake.

he will get less than Blake!
LA will be look to blake to play major minutes even start once they he understands the system! :cool:

Lakeshow86
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM
No way are the lakers going to give him two years and 10 million. I dont think anyone in the NBA is going to offer him more than 4 million per year. The Lakers are probably offering 3-4 million for one or two years. I think the will offer 2 years and 7 million with the second year being a team option.

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 11:20 AM
No way are the lakers going to give him two years and 10 million. I dont think anyone in the NBA is going to offer him more than 4 million per year. The Lakers are probably offering 3-4 million for one or two years. I think the will offer 2 years and 7 million with the second year being a team option.

Who said they were? Definitely not the guy you quoted:rolleyes:

Lakeshow86
07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Who said they were? Definitely not the guy you quoted:rolleyes:
i wasnt quoting him when i said that. I was just saying that as a general statement for others. I wasnt realy quoting him on anything just saying thats a nice statement he made but gave my opinion.

gr824
07-12-2010, 11:55 AM
At this stage of talks, Year Two of any proposed deal may be the sticking point between Fisher and the Lakers. Blake has signed already for $4 million per year, Farmar evidently is getting an average of $4 mil/season with the Nets, and Duhon signed a four-year pact with Orlando that has a Year One salary of $3.35 million ...

In light of those other signings, the market for PGs of this ilk/tier is pretty well defined for 2010-2011 as $3.5 to $4 million. The Lakers should expect to pay Fisher roughly that amount, even without considering his past loyalty/heroics. The FO should not be haggling over that aspect of the deal ...

I believe the Lakers do not want to commit a second year on any contract to Fisher AND do not want to 'overpay' Derek for 2010-2011 to get him to drop his request/demand for a two-year pact. If that is the case, expect there to be some sort of compromise, involving 'front-loading', incentives, options, and other 'tidbits', that eventually results in a two-year pact. My best guess remains as 2 years @ $7.5 to $8 million, possibly ladened with "likely bonuses" in Year One and strapped with a team option or a limited guarantee on Year Two ...

New Power House
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
we need him now since farmar is gone.

Blake is Farmar sub. Bell could be the potential sub for Fish.

lkrfansince78
07-12-2010, 12:29 PM
who are all these people saying the lakers should give fish 3 mill. to 3.5 a year? or he shouldnt make less than than blake. I love fish but cmon, the guys almost 36 yrs old cant keep up with most of the pt. guards in the league. Hes probably only going to play 20 to 25 min. a game to save him for the post season and his valuable experience and leadership on and off the floor. If you guys ran the lakers they would be broke by the end of the season and no title. I think 2.5 mill. a season for 2 yrs is a very good offer for a guy that shot38% 7.5 ppg and 2.5 assist,so sign already fish 3peat phil for 12 off into the sunset and kobe 6 rings.

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2010, 12:41 PM
I believe the Lakers do not want to commit a second year on any contract to Fisher AND do not want to 'overpay' Derek for 2010-2011 to get him to drop his request/demand for a two-year pact. If that is the case, expect there to be some sort of compromise, involving 'front-loading', incentives, options, and other 'tidbits', that eventually results in a two-year pact. My best guess remains as 2 years @ $7.5 to $8 million, possibly ladened with "likely bonuses" in Year One and strapped with a team option or a limited guarantee on Year Two ...

What kind of "incentives" or "likely bonuses" could you envision they might include in his contract? Maybe incentives for player x number of games or x number of minutes/game? Or maybe for shooting 35% or better on 3Ps?

lakers4sho
07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
who are all these people saying the lakers should give fish 3 mill. to 3.5 a year? or he shouldnt make less than than blake. I love fish but cmon, the guys almost 36 yrs old cant keep up with most of the pt. guards in the league. Hes probably only going to play 20 to 25 min. a game to save him for the post season and his valuable experience and leadership on and off the floor. If you guys ran the lakers they would be broke by the end of the season and no title. I think 2.5 mill. a season for 2 yrs is a very good offer for a guy that shot38% 7.5 ppg and 2.5 assist,so sign already fish 3peat phil for 12 off into the sunset and kobe 6 rings.

Finally someone who makes some sense :clap:

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2010, 12:46 PM

Fisher's value can't be measured with stats. The fact that Kobe said we NEED to have him back tells me how valuable he really is...

x_notorious
07-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Some details have emerged tonight about the bidding, uh, "war" for Derek Fisher. A story filed minutes ago by Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times contains two key pieces of information. One is that the Miami Heat have indeed offered Fish a contract. It's for two years, with the second being a player option. The salary is "up to $2 million" per year, depending on what Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem will agree to. The Heat have apparently promised Fish the starting point-guard gig.

The second key update is that the Lakers are now offering Fish a deal worth $2.75 million annually. Turner doesn't know whether it's a one- or two-year offer, but in any event, it's a very slight increase from the $2.5 million contract the Lakers were reportedly offering last week. The Heat are requesting answers from Fish, Miller and Haslem by Tuesday.

What this story tells us is that the Lakers aren't buying Fisher's whole Miami act. They're willing to bet that he'll come back to the Lakers at a fairly modest salary, and they're willing to risk losing him if they're wrong. After a weekend in which Fish flew to Florida to chat with LeBron James, Pat Riley and Mickey Arison, the Lakers upped their offer by only $250,000. They're saying to him, in effect, "Here's a few extra bucks to help you save face, but if you really want to take less money to play for the Heat, be our guest."

I don't blame Fish for trying to extract maximum dollars from the Lakers, but he's in a losing battle here. The team has a backup plan in place in the form of Steve Blake, they're spending assloads of money on their core talent (including the best coach in the business), and they're not about to lavish another $4 million a year on a 36-year-old point guard, no matter how rich his history with the franchise. It's now Fish's decision whether to stay or go.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/7/11/1565085/the-lakers-are-calling-derek

lakers4sho
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/7/11/1565085/the-lakers-are-calling-derek

:clap:

Good move Mitch.

The Raven
07-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Well at least we seem committed to try and bring him back. Hopefully he signs this time

gr824
07-12-2010, 01:04 PM
What kind of "incentives" or "likely bonuses" could you envision they might include in his contract? Maybe incentives for player x number of games or x number of minutes/game? Or maybe for shooting 35% or better on 3Ps?

If I recall correctly, games played is not a 'legal' incentive, according to the CBA, and a MPG minimum probably is not either. However, performance benchmarks, such as scoring a minimum of 7 PPG or dishing out at least 2.5 APG or, as you say, hitting 35%+ on his 3s would all be reasonable incentives that could help 'protect' the Lakers somewhat and yet would qualify as "likely bonuses" with the league and might appease Fisher, too ...

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
If I recall correctly, games played is not a 'legal' incentive, according to the CBA, and a MPG minimum probably is not either. However, performance benchmarks, such as scoring a minimum of 7 PPG or dishing out at least 2.5 APG or, as you say, hitting 35%+ on his 3s would all be reasonable incentives that could help 'protect' the Lakers somewhat and yet would qualify as "likely bonuses" with the league and might appease Fisher, too ...

I thought I heard last year that Nate Robinson had a beef with the Celtics because they intentionally didn't play him a game because if they did they would owe him an additional million dollars? Maybe I'm just making this us but I thought I remember a story like that.

Jack Daniels
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
I thought I heard last year that Nate Robinson had a beef with the Celtics because they intentionally didn't play him a game because if they did they would owe him an additional million dollars? Maybe I'm just making this us but I thought I remember a story like that.

No you are correct, unless the CBA changed in the last couple months a games played incentive is definatly acceptable as in Nate's case and shown in the link below...
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5166870

gr824
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM

Well, I checked again and it seems that games played is not a CBA legal incentive [ in fact, the team cannot even stipulate that a player suits up for a minimum number of games ] ...

The press is notorious for getting things totally wrong or leaving out particular pieces of the puzzle important for a clear understanding of what is actually happening in a given situation. I do not know what was said about Robinson or what specific incentives Nate may have had in his contract. But let's look at a hypothetical that may have some bearing on what could have happened to Nate:

Say a player has a "likely bonus" of 10 PPG included in his contract right after he has scored 10.7 PPG the season before. He sees this as a no-brainer that he will earn that bonus because he fully expects to play more minutes in the coming season than he had the year prior with his previous team. Unfortunately, early in the season, he suffers a serious injury that requires near season-long treatment/rehab. By mid-March, he is healthy enough to be available for the last month of the season and insists that the team let him play to contribute to its playoff run. Of course, he is not in the established rotation at this point, so the coach feels he must ease him back into it slowly so as not to disrupt the team's chances at a playoff seed. The player plays in several contests down the stretch, getting some minutes, though not nearly as many as he would like. Including his appearances in March and April, he has played in a total of 10 games for the season and scored a total of 99 points [ 9.9 PPG ], going into the last game of the year. Unfortunately for the team [ and, as it turns out, for him ], it was eliminated from playoff contention the night before the final game. The player is disappointed, but realizes this could be a chance for him to play sufficient minutes in the last game to get enough points to earn his bonus [ he would need to score at least 11 point in the game to receive it ] ...

But the coach 'inexplicably' benches him for the last game, leaving his average at 9.9 PPG for the season and his "likely bonus" $$$s safe in the team's vault ... Perhaps Robinson's circumstance was/is similar to the above ... :shrug:

socalpkrbkr
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Playing hardball against the Lakers FO never works. D Fish better recognize!

Lakers14
07-12-2010, 02:04 PM
The second Offer to Fisher should be 1yr 2.5 million. Players, Coaches, and Owners are always saying it's a business. Well No team out there is going to pay Fisher more then 2.5 million. Fisher need to stop playing hardball and realize that he is what 36 years old.

mstrdrk
07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I want to be sane about signing Fisher just like everyone else, but really, how much would you guys want to see the Lakers pay for a 3rd straight championship? This is a guy who has proven time and again that he can hit the clutch shots and make the clutch plays. What we really need is to sit down with Fish and say that yeah he can start but he's gonna be playing less minutes overall. He'll play part of the first and most of the fourth unless Blake can show that he can be that clutch player that Fish has been all these years. Pay him $3-$3.5 mil a year both as a reward for helping the Lakers win 5 championships and in anticipation that he will continue to hit the clutch shots and be the leader in the locker room that has helped meld this team.

For all the talk about Miami, what hasn't been proven is that they have chemistry. Actually they don't have a true center either but that's another issue. It may be easy for those guys when things are going well, but if they hit bumps on the road, it may not be pretty. That's the value of Fisher. He's someone who can calm the seas when things look dark. No matter what he does on the floor, he's a team general. The Lakers don't want to give Miami any help and Fisher going to Miami will stabilize that team. Do you imagine if they get off to a rocky start, what would happen? Spoelstra will get the quickest hook you've seen, Riley will come in, and the fireworks will start. Riley is a very tough coach to play for...just ask Magic or Cooper. After winning the championship, the next day he gave everyone assignments on what to work on for next year and he handed them out at the celebration party. You think 'the King' will tolerate that kind of pressure when he's been coddled for so long? Fisher in that locker room would be huge and losing him in the Lakers locker room would be equally huge.

Let's not dick around. Get this done then move on and hopefully find a backup big man lurking around somewhere. I know...I'm wishing on a star...but at least get Fish signed and done.

Vinylman
07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
I love how everyone is saying fisher is the problem...

purely from a negotiating point he should call the Lakers bluff...

lets say we don't sign fisher...

what kind of back up are we gonna get for $1.75 million a year?

and those of you that think a combo of blake and that would work are on coke...

bottom line... the lakers are lowballing him BECAUSE he is loyal... typical douchebag Buss move imo

LA_Raiders
07-12-2010, 02:49 PM
They are offering more than miami, so he knows his value in the league...

So stop playing games and sign already...

lakers4sho
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
I love how everyone is saying fisher is the problem...

purely from a negotiating point he should call the Lakers bluff...

lets say we don't sign fisher...

what kind of back up are we gonna get for $1.75 million a year?

and those of you that think a combo of blake and that would work are on coke...

bottom line... the lakers are lowballing him BECAUSE he is loyal... typical douchebag Buss move imo

No one is saying don't sign Fisher.

Lakeshow86
07-12-2010, 03:24 PM
wow. with the article about lakers not really upping their offer to fish really shows that they are not playing hardball with fish. they gave him another 250,000 to make him feel better but lakers are staying at their offer. They are telling him if you want to make less with heat than go on ahead. The offer stands. take it or leave it.

MJL
07-12-2010, 04:12 PM
wow. with the article about lakers not really upping their offer to fish really shows that they are not playing hardball with fish. they gave him another 250,000 to make him feel better but lakers are staying at their offer. They are telling him if you want to make less with heat than go on ahead. The offer stands. take it or leave it.

Enough is enough, stop using Heat to stack up your chips. If heat can't get it done, try Celtics too!

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2010, 04:25 PM

I think MPG is a legal incentive. I believe Erick Dampier's contract is not guaranteed this year because he didn't play enough minutes last year.

CLASSOF72
07-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Fish stays! 3 years player opt for four wow that takes him to what 39?

x_notorious
07-12-2010, 05:11 PM
http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508737