PDA

View Full Version : Are the Cavs royally screwed?

hovyboo
07-11-2010, 07:38 PM
So I'm no scientist (although I have a degree in biology lol) but it appears that Lebron has done the Cavaliers damage beyond what the average PSD'er is aware of. I feel it was almost criminal what he has done to them... allow me to state my case.

1. Trade deadline 2010: Cavs were in the running for Amare and Jamison, Amare being the obvious better player of the two. The Cavs has a deal for Hickson and Z in place for Amare, but they opted for Jamison because he is the one that King james desired. They also took on his enormous contract. Now rather than having both Amare and Lebron off the book and the option to start with a clean slate they must pay Jamison to be Robin... to what Batman? Thanks LBJ

2. Resiging Varejo: Ok his deal is way too high, why did they sign him? King James wanted to keep him around..... thanks King james. Varejo and Jamison are nearly 25 mil in salary... both are decent at best

3. LeBron could not lure in talent: I recall a few years ago the Cavs gave the Kings ransom (pun intended) to Larry Hughes...... only because Michael Redd wouldnt signup to play under the "King"..... appears Lebron could lure people into his court..... While Kobe has an all star in Artest accepting the MLE to be with him.... that is a TRUE sacrafice of money to win..... Larry Hughes was more than happy to accept the money though... lol... thanks King James

4. The bottom line: It appears that Lebron did the Cavs royally.... and now they have to pay, I understand the Miami crew will win a ring, maybe more, but the great ones stay home and attract people to play with them..... Wade managed to do it... he lure in two awesome players and managed to keep his face... I like Lebron but now its almost sad to see what rpoute he took to win.... even 5 rings in MIA, w wade n bosh wont be as sweet as 1 ring in Cleveland with a team he wrangled in.... sad watse of a potentially Jordan'esq legacy...

PS: there certainly are a lot more Heat fans on PSD..... ohh boy got to love the bandwagon fan

kjoke
07-11-2010, 07:40 PM
its cleveland, and most of the stuff u said is false

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:41 PM
So I'm no scientist (although I have a degree in biology lol) but it appears that Lebron has done the Cavaliers damaged beyond what the average PSD'er is aware of. I feel it was almost criminal what he has done to them... allow me to state my case.

dan gilbert had SEVEN YEARS to put a team around lebron.... he is the one the cavs fans should be mad at.. lebron has done nothing wrong... should he care about a city more than he cares about himself? he would have done a disservice to himself to stay in cleveland.

hovyboo
07-11-2010, 07:41 PM
are they really? I mean Im from NYC (not a knicks fan) and these are the things I've been hearing all over the net and news.......

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:42 PM
oh and that whole bandwagon fan stuff.... what about the opposite???? all the people that would have sucked lebron's dick last week hate him now... thats what i CANNOT STAND

Jeff Boyd
07-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Are you serious of course he destroyed the Cavs. I think they will fold. Everybody should be held accountable. LJ, Owner, GM.

hovyboo
07-11-2010, 07:43 PM
dan gilbert had SEVEN YEARS to put a team around lebron.... he is the one the cavs fans should be mad at.. lebron has done nothing wrong... should he care about a city more than he cares about himself? he would have done a disservice to himself to stay in cleveland.

Agreed, but why make the cavs pursue Jamison if you wanted to leave? That is against all common logic and he put the cavs in a terrible spot... they would be free agent contenders next year had they not traded for Jamison

RapOZo
07-11-2010, 08:11 PM
what Jordan did to the Chicago Bulls organization
what Lebron did to the Cleveland Cavaliers organization

is sad, very sad.

hovyboo
07-11-2010, 09:08 PM
what Jordan did to the Chicago Bulls organization
what Lebron did to the Cleveland Cavaliers organization

is sad, very sad.

what did mike do to the bulls other than win 6 rings n be loyal again?

cle12152433
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Why dont you all get your facts straight??? Dan Gilbert DID NOT have seven years to put a team around LeBron...HE DIDNT EVEN DRAFT HIM. Gilbert bought the team in 2005!!

Im not saying it makes a damn bit of difference but I keep seeing people say that and its annoying when in fact, it isnt the truth!

TheKing6
07-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I would blame the city of cleveland more than anything. There is probably a reason that no free agent wants to go to that town. Kobe lured ron artest to LA.. TO LA alot easier to get someone to go to LA than to cleveland that comparison is ridiculous.

also, in my opinion the trade for jamison over amare makes basketball sense. Antawn is a shooter who could spread the floor better than amare.

hovyboo
07-11-2010, 09:35 PM
yea, he bought it from Gund.... man cavs value is going to drop too...

Sly Guy
07-11-2010, 09:36 PM

you're forgetting, he also built the team with the best regular season record that year, and were the favorites to win it all come playoff time. Blaming an owner or GM for putting together a winning team doesn't make sense.

hovyboo
07-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I would blame the city of cleveland more than anything. There is probably a reason that no free agent wants to go to that town. Kobe lured ron artest to LA.. TO LA alot easier to get someone to go to LA than to cleveland that comparison is ridiculous.

also, in my opinion the trade for jamison over amare makes basketball sense. Antawn is a shooter who could spread the floor better than amare.

even though Jamison is a "spread 4", there is no arguement that amare is better. also Jamison is going to have to be MUCH more than a spread 4 now. I'd rather have the cap relief from amare and lebron leaving

Illinirob83
07-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I think they should sell sell sell sell. Get rid of West, Williams, Jamison....get rid of everyone quickly. Jump back into the lottery every year and get top 5 picks year after year....you know Stern will give them a #1 pick pretty soon anyhow. But they can't sit there and try to win 30-35 games in the East. They need to get really bad in a hurry.

Sly Guy
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I think they should sell sell sell sell. Get rid of West, Williams, Jamison....get rid of everyone quickly. Jump back into the lottery every year and get top 5 picks year after year....you know Stern will give them a #1 pick pretty soon anyhow. But they can't sit there and try to win 30-35 games in the East. They need to get really bad in a hurry.

the problem with 'sell sell sell', is that if no one wants to 'buy buy buy' you're still stuck with merchandise.

JasonJohnHorn
07-11-2010, 10:42 PM
The Cavs, once they renounce Shaq's rights or he signs elsewhere, will be under the cap, having shed LBJ and Shaq's contract. It will give them, if i heard correctly, 12 or 13 million in cap space.

What they have is this: Varajao, Hickson and Jamison starting in the front court (if Jamison doenst mind playing small forward), Mo Williams at point guard, and then they can use cap space to bring in a shooting guard to fill out a strong strating line-up (if Hickson plays to his potential), but they wont have a lot of depth. Byron Scott will be coaching them, and they have a big trade exception and draft picks, so they have enough talent to put a competative team on the floor this season, the room to sign somebody, the trade excetion to take on a contract and multiple draft picks to build over ht enext several seasons.

I actually think the Cavs are in decent shape all things considered. I mean losing a guy like James is HUGE!!!! Had he been more comitted to the team, they would have been able to sign Ariza last season (Ariza said the reason he would sign with Cleveland is because LBJ would give him no promises about where he was going to be after 2010) and the team would have been more competative. As it stands, this team essentially lost the best player in the league for nothing and still have a decent starting line up and the tools to add some depth on the bench (they do have Powe and Moon though, and Delonte, though i would try to move him since he hasnt helped the team much and has been more of a distraction to the team than anything, and I'm not talking about the LBJ's mom rumours, but the factual personal issues he had going on at the start of this past season).

If Scott gets the most out of this squad i can see them in the playoffs as an 8th or seventh seed, which means they will be playing Boston or Orlando ;-)