McPeak92
07-11-2010, 07:13 PM
jeez nets

Master Mind
07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
The Nets are going in

Oakley's Fist
Ladies and gentleman the true winners of the 2010 Free Agency Frenzy.

JNA17
lol Jordan Farmar said when he left the lakers because he wanted to start on another team. I would love to see how he would start over devin harris. Why not the Bobcats, or the Pacers?

TheHoopsProphet
unbelievable even cheaper than Blake, lakers will regret this decision once Phil retires next year, and the Triangle Offense with him. Blake's defense is overrated. Farmar is quicker, better ballhandler, can finish at the hole much better, is more athletic. The only difference between him and Farmar is consistency, but Farmar has yet to get CONSISTENT playing time in the league, so even that will even eventually be an advantage.

VinceCarter
Amazing pickup. More and more looking like a playoff contender.

gbpackers12
07-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Farmar goes from first to worst.

KB24PG16
he'll do better in nj than in LA. the triangle wasnt for him

Swashcuff
so they let Dooling go in the hopes of making a big splash, they don't so they decide to give Farmar 3/12.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
lol Jordan Farmar said when he left the lakers because he wanted to start on another team. I would love to see how he would start over devin harris. Why not the Bobcats, or the Pacers?

:facepalm: i know! i wanted him on the pacers badly... stuck with tj ford :facepalm:

Melo15
07-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Like it for the Nets don't quite understand it for Farmar. Didn't he say he wanted to start somewhere?

Swashcuff
unbelievable even cheaper than Blake, lakers will regret this decision once Phil retires next year, and the Triangle Offense with him.

Steve Blake is going to prove you wrong... if its one thing that dude can do well is play the point. Lakers so badly wanted Hinrich got a poor man's version of him and you upset?

JNA17
unbelievable even cheaper than Blake, lakers will regret this decision once Phil retires next year, and the Triangle Offense with him.

blake is infinity better then farmar and brown combined. Farmar left because supposedly he wanted to start on another team. But instead of choosing a team that needs one now like the bobcats or the pacers, he chooses a team that has devin harris. Does not make sense at all but i wish him the best with all that said.

NYYCowboys
07-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Ladies and gentleman the true winners of the 2010 Free Agency Frenzy.

Is that being sarcastic?

TheHoopsProphet
07-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Steve Blake is going to prove you wrong... if its one thing that dude can do well is play the point. Lakers so badly wanted Hinrich got a poor man's version of him and you upset?

They say that usually the best offseason move to do is no move at all. Lakers just wanted a new face to play the point. All farmar was asking for was becoming a starter (which he should have, considering Fisher SUCKED). Farmar is a much more skilled player. I'll admit he's too cocky and thinks he's better then he is, but you could say that about a lot of players. Lakers should have resigned him and promised him a starting job. He won't be an all-star, but in his prime, he could be a starter for any contender.

JNA17
07-11-2010, 07:25 PM
(which he should have, considering Fisher SUCKED).

you lost all creditability with this post :facepalm:

zambo4president
Farmar, Outlaw, man the Nets are gonna be scary next season :laugh:

Giants-49ers-Ws
just another indication of fisher goin back to la

SaimoNETS
07-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Farmar, Outlaw, man the Nets are gonna be scary next season :laugh:

Yupp :up:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Good luck Jordan!
Hope you do well!

TheHoopsProphet
07-11-2010, 07:30 PM
you lost all creditability with this post :facepalm:

I'm sorry, has Fisher not been on the steady statistical decline every season for the past three years? Do you seriously not remember Fisher literally being the worst point guard in the league last year? He had a great playoff run, and I want to resign him, if nothing more then to keep kobe and the team at bay, but Fisher was terrrrrrrrrrrrribbbblleeeeeee last regular season.

iggypop123
07-11-2010, 07:33 PM
farmar is a gs type of player. he needs to run to do anything otherwise in a half court offense he is useless.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry, has Fisher not been on the steady statistical decline every season for the past three years? Do you seriously not remember Fisher literally being the worst point guard in the league last year? He had a great playoff run, and I want to resign him, if nothing more then to keep kobe and the team at bay, but Fisher was terrrrrrrrrrrrribbbblleeeeeee last regular season.

its truly not about the stats.. its about how awesome he is when it counts

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Farmar said he wanted to start, but I dont blame him that much, because he's got his rings and now its time to get paid.

TheHoopsProphet
07-11-2010, 07:37 PM
its truly not about the stats.. its about how awesome he is when it counts

I think if we replaced Fisher with just a solid point guard (Felton, Chalmers, Ridnour, Blake) we would have won 5-10 more games. Like I said, I want Fisher resigned, but he shouldnt be a starter.

Swashcuff
07-11-2010, 07:38 PM
They say that usually the best offseason move to do is no move at all. Lakers just wanted a new face to play the point. All farmar was asking for was becoming a starter (which he should have, considering Fisher SUCKED). Farmar is a much more skilled player. I'll admit he's too cocky and thinks he's better then he is, but you could say that about a lot of players. Lakers should have resigned him and promised him a starting job. He won't be an all-star, but in his prime, he could be a starter for any contender.

sure he may be more skilled but Blake is more fundamentally sound. He is a above average defender who can guard multiple poistions, good 3 point shooter and a real leader. If you watched him play in Portland you'd realize that he was an intricate part of that team's success. Steve Blake is Legit. And c'mon what has Jordan Farmar proven in the NBA to demand a starting PG position? Why do you think he eventually decided to go to the Nets. No want wanted him as their starting PG. Farmar is a decent NBA backup.

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 07:39 PM

I dont agree here. Farmar has proven nothing, but inconsistency and trouble with the triangle offense, so we sign Steve Blake, who can shoot the 3 better and not get beat off the dribble all the time like Farmar. Farmar wasnt gonna start next season, which he said was a key, but he lied with that and we were'nt gonna pay him 4 mil to stay either. We wont miss him.

Swashcuff
07-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I think if we replaced Fisher with just a solid point guard (Felton, Chalmers, Ridnour, Blake) we would have won 5-10 more games. Like I said, I want Fisher resigned, but he shouldnt be a starter.

Fisher was/is great for the triangle and he has proven that for years. How could you say that Chalmers or any of those pgs could have gotten you guys 5-10 more wins? They are not Chris Paul/Deron Williams/ Rondo etc. Dude get realistic.

S-Dot
07-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Great signing. That Russian guy may not have gotten LBJ, but he and Thorn are doing a very good job this offseason. They may not have signed any superstars, but they're getting solid players to surround their young nucleus. Avery will get the best out of them.

Go Dodgers!
07-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I hope it works out for Farmar in NJ, I guess he wanted a fresh start with a new team..

_KB24_
07-11-2010, 07:46 PM
****, I really wanted him to stay, but I wanted for him to start. He's really going to leave to go play backup in NJ? :pity:

Jays Claw
07-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Jordan Farmar wasn't meant to play the triangle offense.

gbrl
07-11-2010, 07:51 PM
pacers couldnt have offered him this contract

Lakersfanla24
07-11-2010, 07:51 PM
peace the **** out biotch. Dude wasnt ment for the triangle, he is absolutley useless in the halfcourt. As for whoever said when phil leaves so does the triangle is out of their mind, why would LA ditch a system that brought them 5 titles in 10 years?and to be technical a system that has accounted for 11 titles in the last 20 years? Some people on this site are complete morons.

kblo247
07-11-2010, 08:06 PM
unbelievable even cheaper than Blake, lakers will regret this decision once Phil retires next year, and the Triangle Offense with him. Blake's defense is overrated. Farmar is quicker, better ballhandler, can finish at the hole much better, is more athletic. The only difference between him and Farmar is consistency, but Farmar has yet to get CONSISTENT playing time in the league, so even that will even eventually be an advantage.

Shaw has said the triangle will stay, so why would they regret letting a guy who didn't want to be there and never played well on the road or after the all star break consistently go?

bbcmillionaire
07-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Great signing. That Russian guy may not have gotten LBJ, but he and Thorn are doing a very good job this offseason. They may not have signed any superstars, but they're getting solid players to surround their young nucleus. Avery will get the best out of them.

Yea 1 player would help them tremendously

STL/Mizzou/DZ
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
The Nets r stupid as hell they give money 2 a point guard and t-Will is playing good in the summer league.

Bruno
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Good luck Farmar.

bleedprple&gold
07-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Farmar left because supposedly he wanted to start on another team. But instead of choosing a team that needs one now like the bobcats or the pacers, he chooses a team that has devin harris. Does not make sense at all but i wish him the best with all that said.

I'm sure he would have preferred to go to one of those teams, but he cannot "choose" the team he wants if they don't offer him a contract. I don't think those teams want Farmar as their starter...

strokeman
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM

:clap: read me mind! :facepalm:

-Big-Baby-
07-11-2010, 08:24 PM

I believe so.

NY-FLmagicknick
07-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Jay-z was pushing hard for farmar once lebron anounced Miami.Billionaire owner expected to fly to Chicago and offer jannero pargo a max deal. Good sign for what's left in the market otherwise... cheaper and better option then what Otis Smith gave Chris Duhon!!!

netsgiantsyanks
07-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Yea 1 player would help them tremendously

travis outlaw, anthony morrow, jordan farmar, and johan petro. i believe thats more than one player my fair sir

lavilevi23
07-11-2010, 08:34 PM
lol Lakers are left with no PGs...

-Big-Baby-
07-11-2010, 08:38 PM

Steve Blake, most likely Fisher is coming back, I really don't see him leaving the Lake Show

JNA17
07-11-2010, 08:42 PM

your not an nba fan. That is all.

-Big-Baby-
07-11-2010, 08:49 PM
your not an nba fan. That is all.

+1

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Mikhail Prokorov is really assembling a good bench for the future!!! lol

JIDsanity
07-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Its interesting reading these comments. A lot of you have no idea what your talking about, the others are split between the Nets offseason moves. Either dogging them, or giving them praise. Personally I think they have done an excellent job, after losing out on LeBron. The roster looks pretty good.

xxseven72ducexx
07-11-2010, 08:56 PM
i wonder if he's gonna wear number 5 or give respect to J-Kidd....nonetheless it's a good signing for New Jersey, confusing since Farmar said he wanted to start and he won't here but he will be the main back-up and should get hefty minutes plus there's always a chance Devin Harris gets injured considering it's happened each of the past few years but good for the Nets, getting ish done after not getting LeBron (even though they knew they never were)

RaiderLakersA's
07-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Best of luck to Jordan.

He said that he wanted to start, so maybe the Nets assured him that he'd have a fair chance to compete for the starting job? No, I don't see him unseating Devin, so Farmar will have to come off the bench...assuming the Nets don't try to move Devin somehow.

Mplsman
07-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Nice pick up. I'm a big fan of Farmar's game.

JIDsanity
Mikhail Prokorov is really assembling a good bench for the future!!! lol

Well actually yea he is

GeekInThePink
...and some people though the LeBron-Wade-Bosh thing was the best move of the off-season :D

Swashcuff
07-11-2010, 09:00 PM

:facepalm:

why do ppl like you even join an NBA forum?

bkmikeyy
07-11-2010, 09:01 PM
nice signing

dimedrpr
07-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Haven't been this happy to see a player leave my Lakers since Kwame left town. I would have traded Farmar for a bag of doritos and a big gulp. I feel for Avery man. This is not going to be a good team.

Swashcuff
07-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Is 17 million for Outlaw, Petro, Farmar, Morrow really that much of an improvement over 9-10 million for Dooling, CDR, Yi, Boone?

Outlaw and Morrow alone are an improvement. Not by that much though but you also have to remember that they drafted Favors.

RaiderLakersA's
07-11-2010, 09:19 PM

We still have Blake on the roster. If Fisher doesn't return, we can still pick up someone, if we feel that we need to.

For what it's worth, the triangle offense doesn't require a traditional point guard. One of the reasons why Fisher has always been open to hit clutch shots or unexpectedly make great plays going to the basket is because the triangle lulls defenses into thinking that the PG isn't a primary threat.

JOSKOMANG4
07-11-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm hoping, if Cleveland becomes sellers, if we can gnab A.Jamison for expiring contracts!!!

- Jamison to Nets in exchanged for PF K.Humphries, SF/SG Q.Ross, & future 2nd rd pick.

LINEUP:

C) BROOK LOPEZ
PF) A.Jamison
SF) T.OUTLAW
SG) C.LEE
PG) D.HARRIS

BENCH:

PF) FAVORS(ROOKIE)
SF) D.James(rookie)
SG) B.MORROW
PG) J.FARMAR
C) J.PETRO
C/PF) J.BOONE
SF) T.WILLIAMS
C) B.Zoubek(rookie)
SG) B.Uzoh(rookie)

With Avery Johnson coaching, we're looking at a new look team. IMO, a 45 win team and a playoff-caliber team. Possibly 7th seed 44-38.

VinceCarter
07-11-2010, 09:32 PM
LINEUP:

C) BROOK LOPEZ
PF) FAVORS(ROOKIE)
SF) T.OUTLAW
SG) C.LEE
PG) D.HARRIS

BENCH:

SG) B.MORROW
PG) J.FARMAR
C) J.PETRO
C/PF) J.BOONE
PF) K.HUMPHRIES
SF) T.WILLIAMS
SF/SG) Q.Ross
C) B.Zoubek(rookie)
SG) B.Uzoh(rookie)

With Avery Johnson coaching, we're looking at a new look team. IMO, a 45 win team and a playoff-caliber team. Possibly 7th seed 44-38.

They look like a playoff contender.

People are blinded by the misfortunes they went through last year.

JOSKOMANG4
07-11-2010, 09:37 PM
They look like a playoff contender.

People are blinded by the misfortunes they went through last year.

Even if we do not trade for Jamison & stick with Favors to start at PF, we would look like a playoff caliber team.

celtsballa21
07-11-2010, 09:40 PM
He will be great, and will make things a lot easier for Devin Harris and Courtney Lee.

LA_Raiders
07-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Good luck NJ...

Storch
07-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Good Luck to you farmar, I was always a fan.

nickdymez
07-11-2010, 10:00 PM

You dont get "consistent" playing time when your garbage.

TheHoopsProphet
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
You dont get "consistent" playing time when your garbage.

Fisher did

Avenged
07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
He has the rings and now wanted to get paid, good for him.

Hopefully he can excel with a much larger role in New Jersey.

-Big-Baby-
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Don't get too exited Nets fans, you guys aren't playoff bound yet....

ayuntalo
07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
team still doesnt look scary..
signed mediocre players this summer..should have just stayed with their youngs and try to develop them

CarniifeX
07-11-2010, 11:36 PM
I like this lineup better.

PG Devin Harris
SG Courtney Lee
SF Terrence Williams
PF Derrick Favors
C Brook Lopez

Bench:
F Travis Outlaw
G Jordan Farmar
G/F Anthony Morrow
F Kris Humphries
F/C Josh Boone
C Johan Petro
G Quinten Ross
C Brian Zoubeck
G Ben Uzoh

Looks really good. Great second unit.

nanablvd
07-11-2010, 11:56 PM

First off, it's not the Lakers' decision not to sign him; it's Farmar's decision to leave the team at the exit interview no matter what. Also, Phil's retirement after next year doesnt necessarily mean the end of the Triangle if one of their assistants gets promoted to replace Phil, especially IF they succeed in three-peating. Lastly, yes Blake is less athletic but he's a much better shooter and ballhandler and is less turnover-prone. Yes the Lakers need to get someone else athletic and speedy to replace Farmar and Shannon, but having Blake is definitely an upgrade, especially so when Fisher is now not a guarantee to return. Good move, Mitch.

Giantwarrior
07-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Free Agency Grade for the Nets, A+....lol

nickdymez
07-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Fisher did

I dont know man, Fisher plays way above average in the playoffs.. And since this is about winning in the playoffs, i disagree with your comment

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Free Agency Grade for the Nets, A+....lol

I hope your being sarcastic? I didn't know this was gonna be the "blueprint for greatness"

nickdymez
07-12-2010, 12:34 AM
I hope your being sarcastic? I didn't know this was gonna be the "blueprint for greatness"

I think the whole "lol' means he's being sarcastic

dimedrpr
07-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Some nets fan said they were winning 45 games this year. I hope he goes back on his meds soon. That is not a good team they have there and Farmar, Morrow, Outlaw, and Petro are NOTHING to be excited about. 12 win team adds mediocre players and somehow they are going to win 33 more games???

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Some kid said they are a deep playoff team, funny man funny.

ldc62
07-12-2010, 01:06 AM
How much money will the Nets have next year? This blueprint for greatness...

ldc62
07-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Over Under of 29.5 wins next year.

dimedrpr
07-12-2010, 01:08 AM

Under

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 01:11 AM
If M.P and Jay-Z are serious about this "Blue Print For Greatness" thing, they should seriously look into getting Paul and Melo

nickdymez
07-12-2010, 01:49 AM
If M.P and Jay-Z are serious about this "Blue Print For Greatness" thing, they should seriously look into getting Paul and Melo

Is this some sort of a pun?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Some nets fan said they were winning 45 games this year. I hope he goes back on his meds soon. That is not a good team they have there and Farmar, Morrow, Outlaw, and Petro are NOTHING to be excited about. 12 win team adds mediocre players and somehow they are going to win 33 more games???

there not a twelve win team somehow they managed to suck that bad but look at their roster n tell me they should not have won at least 30 games last year
add some decent roll players n maybe they get there sh it together n they'll be ok to win at least 30 this yr n have money for next

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 03:41 PM
there not a twelve win team somehow they managed to suck that bad but look at their roster n tell me they should not have won at least 30 games last year
add some decent roll players n maybe they get there sh it together n they'll be ok to win at least 30 this yr n have money for next

How does bench players all of a sudden make you guys from a 12 win team to a 30 win ream......

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-13-2010, 12:37 AM
How does bench players all of a sudden make you guys from a 12 win team to a 30 win ream......

im saying look at their roster its obvious that they deff underachived last year plus addin the role players they did they should be a 30 win team

blastmasta26
07-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Over, I think Harris will return to his form of two years ago and Lopez should be able to improve a little bit. They definitely underachieved last year, they had the talent to win atleast 25. Now their young guys will develop more and they should play better under Avery Johnson.

SP@Z.
07-13-2010, 01:38 AM

Have you even watched Farmar play? He's horrible lol

Do0msday
07-13-2010, 01:43 AM
The Net bashing on here is so ****ing stupid. Yeah, they won 12 games, but they also lost tons of close ones and even lead many of them for most of the game. I think the Nets will win 35 games next season.

1.) We had NO coach last season (Lawrence Frank and Kiki ... and Kiki didn't even do anything at all).

2.) We cut a TON of dead weight. Sure we didn't add any 'sexy' names, but we got rid of useless guys who were hurting more than helping.

- Yi
- Boone
- Hassel
- Quinn
- Hayes
- Dooling
- Battie
- Simmons

That's a ton of dead weight that is gone. We replaced those guys with Outlaw, Petro, Morrow, Farmar, etc. Plus we have an EXTREMELY experienced coaching staff. This team will definitely win 30 games at least. 45 may be a bit of a stretch, but 35 is definitely within reach.

Don't forget they've got guys like Brook Lopez, Devin Harris (who was hurt a bit last season -- damn groin), Terrence Williams, and some solid rookies (Damion James was fantastic in summer league play).

So yeah, they may not be going to the Finals this year, but they're head and shoulders better than they were last year. The front office got rid of useless guys who couldn't do anything and now we've actually got depth and some very good, young players.

Do0msday
07-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Have you even watched Farmar play? He's horrible lol

He's still an upgrade over Chris Quinn and oft injured Keyon Dooling ...

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Nets keep improving.

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 01:56 AM
^^

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 01:57 AM
100 posts!

JRisdabest
07-13-2010, 02:11 AM
farmar>blake

The Raven
07-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Come on. Didnt this man say he wanted to start. So he goes from a great situation in being a back up to an aging Derek Fisher with a chance to contend for another championship to being a back up for an all star. He's never going to start unless Harris is injured. But i guess he did get paid so good for him

xbrackattackx
07-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Come on. Didnt this man say he wanted to start. So he goes from a great situation in being a back up to an aging Derek Fisher with a chance to contend for another championship to being a back up for an all star. He's never going to start unless Harris is injured. But i guess he did get paid so good for him

Farmar would have never started for the Lakers. He is a great PG but not in the Triangle offense. Phil even announce after the season that he would wanna see Sasha more in the PG, So farmar playing time would be non-existence cause I don't think he plays sg very well.

Fisher/Blake/Sasha no room for Ears.

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah I don't think a lot of Laker fans understand that he simply was not a good fit for the triangle, I can definitely see him excelling elsewhere.

Penetra8r
07-13-2010, 10:36 AM
I wish the UCLA product the best of luck. I'm sure he will excel somewhere else but LA