PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports: LeBron booed outside Melo's wedding in New York

JordansBulls
07-11-2010, 05:27 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-booed-outside-Carmelo-Anthony-wedding-071010

NBA star Carmelo Anthony tied the knot with actress LaLa Vazquez in New York Saturday — but the event was almost upstaged by guest LeBron James.

James was greeted by a round of loud boos from angry New Yorkers outside the wedding in Cipriani 42nd Street when he arrived with his girlfriend Savannah Brinson, myFOXny.com reported.

The basketball player star has attracted plenty of criticism since his televised announcement Thursday to join the Miami Heat.

The self-proclaimed "King James" spurned the New York Knicks, as well as the Chicago Bulls and most bitterly his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers in the high-profile television spectacle.

James received a scathing letter from Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert who accused the star of quitting on the team in last year's playoffs.

Gilbert called him heartless, callous and narcissistic after James did not talk personally to the owner before making his decision.

James’ was undoubtedly the star at Anthony’s wedding despite other high-profile guests including Kim Kardashian, Serena Williams, Ciara, Kelly Rowland and Ludacris.

Denver Nuggets player Anthony, 26, wed “You Got Served” star Vazquez, 31, after a five-and-a-half-year engagement. They have a three-year-old son, Kiyan Carmelo Anthony.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-11-2010, 05:32 PM
:laugh2:

They were cheering the guy every time he went to NY and now they booing him.

Avenged
07-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Lebron should get use to this because it's going to follow him throughout.

Not very appropriate to do at a wedding though.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Seriously I feel that Lebron gets booed everywhere except in miami next season

Jays Claw
07-11-2010, 05:40 PM
This doesn't surprise me.

nickdymez
07-11-2010, 05:42 PM
:laugh2:

They were cheering the guy every time he went to NY and now they booing him.

Because he tricked them into thinking he was going there..

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 05:42 PM
haha this guy's sig..... not even the andrea b sig... rest in peace to the cavaliers franchise!! your right!

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 05:43 PM

NEVER did he say he was going there... pretty funny that you guys dont think its okay for lebron to wear his favorite baseball team's hat.... that means nothing.. especially when... EVERYONE WORLDWIDE GETS YANKEE HATS... smh at the ignorance

Melo15
07-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Dang lol I almost feel bad for LeBron. He went from being arguably the most loved basketball player in the country to being the A-Rod of basketball in a day.

VinceCarter
07-11-2010, 05:46 PM
NEVER did he say he was going there... pretty funny that you guys dont think its okay for lebron to wear his favorite baseball team's hat.... that means nothing.. especially when... EVERYONE WORLDWIDE GETS YANKEE HATS... smh at the ignorance

You can't make that as one of your points. He wears their hat because the Yankees are actually his favorite team unlike a lot of people who just wear them for no reason.

Reyes6
07-11-2010, 05:48 PM
A-Rod is much more loved than LeBron.

Problem is LeBron's ego went from him thinking he was a great player, to thinking he was the best human to ever live.

shep33
07-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't know if we've ever seen a player who is going to get booed as bad as LBJ next season... in multiple cities mind you.

I know I'll be watching their game vs the Cavs, haha its going to be a warzone. But it ain't just Cleveland, NYC, Chicago, NJ are going to give it to him the worst (besides Cleveland).

It'll be fun to watch those games in particular next season... and if the Cavs play Miami in the first round... wow.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-11-2010, 05:52 PM

Come on now.

You acted like he committed a crime.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 05:52 PM
You can't make that as one of your points. He wears their hat because the Yankees are actually his favorite team unlike a lot of people who just wear them for no reason.

i absolutely can... people thought he was going to new york simply because of the fact he wore yankee hats... here in dallas i see dumbasses every day wearing those hats.. therefore... it meant NOTHING that he wore the hat

dodie53
07-11-2010, 05:53 PM
cavs are lucky if they make the playoffs
;)

Raps08-09 Champ
07-11-2010, 05:54 PM

How did he trick them?

By wearing Yankee hats? Or MSG inspired shoes?

geraptor
07-11-2010, 05:56 PM

this

shep33
cavs are lucky if they make the playoffs
;)

I'm not even a Cav fan, but I'll be rooting for them to play against the Heat in the playoffs. I think they can still make it, they definitely would have if Lebron woulda told them about his decision earlier so at the very least they could have signed some other pieces...

I still think they make it.

magichatnumber9
I am happy for Melo

LA_Raiders
07-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Thats just the start of a booing carrer...

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I guess that rules out season tickets at Yankee Stadium.....he better get a luxury suite and security to get him in and out of the building.

And every team was on his dick...not just us. Its unfortunate he decided to be a front runner but.../shrug

Its gonna be fun watching him hit the floor in every NBA city outside Miami. And believe me everybody will be gunning for him. That boy has a bullseye on his back. I hope his Bubble Gum Gang management team has a plan to comfort him when the rest of the NBA turns on him. They'll probably turn on the ole PS3 and let him beat them in 2k11

netsgiantsyanks
07-11-2010, 06:02 PM
LOL havent they been riding his dick for the past 2 seasons??

Evolution23
07-11-2010, 06:02 PM

Yeah never did we say we're getting Lebron... its the media that hyped it up. WAlsh created cap space to get better players not just Lebron. BTW its front runners from around the world that rock a Yankee hat, many from Dallas. But New Yorkers never wear cowboy hats.

TheGsw
07-11-2010, 06:03 PM
hahaha

NeutralFan
07-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah never did we say we're getting Lebron... its the media that hyped it up. WAlsh created cap space to get better players not just Lebron. BTW its front runners from around the world that rock a Yankee hat, many from Dallas. But New Yorkers never wear cowboy hats.

naked cowboy?

LA_Raiders
07-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I guess that rules out season tickets at Yankee Stadium.....he better get a luxury suite and security to get him in and out of the building.

And every team was on his dick...not just us. Its unfortunate he decided to be a front runner but.../shrug

Its gonna be fun watching him hit the floor in every NBA city outside Miami. And believe me everybody will be gunning for him. That boy has a bullseye on his back. I hope his Bubble Gum Gang management team has a plan to comfort him when the rest of the NBA turns on him. They'll probably turn on the ole PS3 and let him beat them in 2k11

lol

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:10 PM

i wouldnt either if a team in my division had such a dominance over me... WE WIN SUPER BOWLS! yall cant even win the world series with 10X the salary of the eventual winners each year

Hugbees
07-11-2010, 06:11 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
btw the dude above me sells propane and propane accessories.

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:14 PM
i wouldnt either if a team in my division had such a dominance over me... WE WIN SUPER BOWLS! yall cant even win the world series with 10X the salary of the eventual winners each year

Im sorry when was your last Super Bowl win? I think the Giants won just recently. Beat the greatest team of all time too if you believe the media. You havent sniffed the Bowl since 93. I think thats 17 years and counting.

Dont be mad. 27 World championships can have that effect. And another this year is pretty discouraging. Keep your head up you just got Cliff Lee to help you to another 1st round exit.

PolishXperiment
07-11-2010, 06:16 PM
lol.

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:17 PM
And seeing as your team is going broke we'll take him off your hands next year no worries

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Im sorry when was your last Super Bowl win? I think the Giants won just recently. Beat the greatest team of all time too if you believe the media. You havent sniffed the Bowl since 93. I think thats 17 years and counting.

Dont be mad. 27 World championships can have that effect. And another this year is pretty discouraging. Keep your head up you just got Cliff Lee to help you to another 1st round exit.

if you think the giants are gonna be better than the cowboys this year you are on crack... i worry about total dominance and now... you can say all you want about a lucky catch that you had...

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:19 PM
LOL havent they been riding his dick for the past 2 seasons??

Its one thing to ride his dick...its another thing to ride his dick blow up your team in 1 off season and come away with ......

TRAVIS OUTLAW!!! OH ****!! MAKE WAY! THE BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESS IS COMING THROUGH!!

netsgiantsyanks
07-11-2010, 06:21 PM

whens the last time the rangers have won a world series?? i thought so. its not our fault that the yankees literally stole a-rod from your team and we have a great team that is most likely getting #28 this season

now back on topic

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:23 PM
if you think the giants are gonna be better than the cowboys this year you are on crack... i worry about total dominance and now... you can say all you want about a lucky catch that you had...

OK....again....when was your last Super Bowl win? 17 years ago!!! And im not even a Giants fan. Regular season doesnt count my man. Cry all you want 17 years is a reality.

Romo is a bum. You guys dominate the regular season and get smoked every year in the Playoffs by lesser teams....

THATS A FACT!!!

Stop riding the Staubach/Aikman glory years. Until you win the big game you're team is nothing but a good regular season team with NO HEART!

netsgiantsyanks
07-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Its one thing to ride his dick...its another thing to ride his dick blow up your team in 1 off season and come away with ......

TRAVIS OUTLAW!!! OH ****!! MAKE WAY! THE BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESS IS COMING THROUGH!!

at least the nets didnt overpay a injury prone player who wasnt much different than david lee. and nice job getting anthony randolph. i bet he'll develop real well under mike d'antoni.

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:26 PM

No I dont expect the giants to be better....but I do expect the Jets defense to totally own your team! Revis on Dez Bryant makes Bryant a big 0. But I dont expect Romo to throw it to him from his great view on the turf!

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
OK....again....when was your last Super Bowl win? 17 years ago!!! And im not even a Giants fan. Regular season doesnt count my man. Cry all you want 17 years is a reality.

Romo is a bum. You guys dominate the regular season and get smoked every year in the Playoffs by lesser teams....

THATS A FACT!!!

Stop riding the Staubach/Aikman glory years. Until you win the big game you're team is nothing but a good regular season team with NO HEART!

re-read my statement... i already let you know that i dont give a **** about these past years, i care about a team's legacy as a whole for one, and the other is the present... legacy? cowboys trump any team other than the steelers (some might say packers but i disagree) and then the present??? cowboys are the best out there other than colts and saints... romo will get a ring, he's far from a bum.. i guess you didnt watch football last year huh

runforrestrunx9
07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
hhahahahahahahah thats funny as ****... he deserves it

avrpatsfan
07-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Classy New York fans.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Classy New York fans.

yep, the only fans worse than philly's... only legit and loyal knick fan=spike lee

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:34 PM
at least the nets didnt overpay a injury prone player who wasnt much different than david lee. and nice job getting anthony randolph. i bet he'll develop real well under mike d'antoni.

Last I checked everybody got overpaid. Dude the Russian is garbage. You were never players for anybody! Not even Boozer...cmon my man. You got all that cap space and you got Travis Outlaw.

We blew up our team cuz we had no choice, you blew up your team just to try to keep up....whos the bigger fool? the fool or the fool that follows?

In one off season with no Lebron we blew past you in the talent department while you guys sucked on your thumbs waiting for James.

Amare say what you want but hes better than anyone you got at any price.

Amare 5x All-Star
Randolph
Raymond Felton
Rony Turiaf
Azu
Mozgov 7'1 from Russia.

oh and we still have..
Gallinari
Chandler
Tiny Douglas
Bill Walker
And that fat bum curry who's a walking cap slot to trade.

Im sorry...who'd you get again? Oh yeah...Travis Outlaw!!

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
amare is the only player you mentioned that's worth more than travis outlaw...... not to mention devin harris and brook lopez... btw lopez will SHUT AMARE DOWN... and amare is just gonna have another eye injury somehow.... you have been proven wrong

boms-4
07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Not surprising

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
A-Rod is much more loved than LeBron.

Problem is LeBron's ego went from him thinking he was a great player, to thinking he was the best human to ever live.

This!!

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2010, 06:41 PM
It'll be sweet when ppl throw things at him. I love what greed can do to you. PPL say oh he took less money so he's a treu player lol. Lebron doesn't care about money as much as he cares about being the greatest athlete to ever live. It's not that it's a bad thing but he's doing it the cheapest way you could.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:41 PM
This!!

they call that michael jordan syndrome

flimflamman
07-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Lebron before was a man child who we all admired for going from HS to the Pros. Everyone loved him thinking he was some humble, mild mannered, mid western kid. But when he had the oportunity to show himself he showed himself to be a egotistical disloyal idiot. Most people would stay true to the City that raised him and he played in. But he ditched it for Miami. Not unlike a guy who leaves his HIgh School sweet heart when he gets a promotion and she turns fourty ? yout feel me ?

netsgiantsyanks
07-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Last I checked everybody got overpaid. Dude the Russian is garbage. You were never players for anybody! Not even Boozer...cmon my man. You got all that cap space and you got Travis Outlaw.

We blew up our team cuz we had no choice, you blew up your team just to try to keep up....whos the bigger fool? the fool or the fool that follows?

In one off season with no Lebron we blew past you in the talent department while you guys sucked on your thumbs waiting for James.

Amare say what you want but hes better than anyone you got at any price.

Amare 5x All-Star
Randolph
Raymond Felton
Rony Turiaf
Azu
Mozgov 7'1 from Russia.

oh and we still have..
Gallinari
Chandler
Tiny Douglas
Bill Walker
And that fat bum curry who's a walking cap slot to trade.

Im sorry...who'd you get again? Oh yeah...Travis Outlaw!!

you forgot to mention we got anthony morrow and johan petro. we're stocking up on young talent. and we still have brook lopez, terrence williams, devin harris, etc. and to say we werent players for anybody?? you really think lebron was going to ny?? face it, he was going to miami the whole time. and amare stoudemaire... your overpaid pf with bad knees. lets see how he plays with raymond felton at the point instead of steve nash. and travis outlaw is a decent player who never got playing time because he was never given a chance. so go play with yourself or something because your starting to annoy me

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:44 PM
re-read my statement... i already let you know that i dont give a **** about these past years, i care about a team's legacy as a whole for one, and the other is the present... legacy? cowboys trump any team other than the steelers (some might say packers but i disagree) and then the present??? cowboys are the best out there other than colts and saints... romo will get a ring, he's far from a bum.. i guess you didnt watch football last year huh

I dont need to re-read it.."WE WIN SUPER BOWLS" is what you said right?
So its obvious you havent won in 17 years so you are referring to your past teams. You claim to Win Bowls but havent won in 17 years now your saying you are referring to the present but yet you havent won in 17 years.....

Which brings us back to the Staubach/Aikman years. Of which you are now saying you arent referring to but theres nothing else for you to base you comment on. Dude give it up....trying to justify your winning tradition on championships won 20-30 years ago isnt cutting it.

What have you won in the last 10 years? Last 5? Cowboys are crap. You know what winning tradition is worth bragging about?

6 titles in 8 years Chicago MJ years

27 World Championships NY YANKEES

And before Free Agency in the 70s we won 20. So dont give me the Yankees buy the series crap.

And the Yankees teams of the 90s didnt have one Super Star player on them. Not 1, not 1 All-Star player. 4 series wins and no superstar players making ridiculous amounts. So in reality the Yankees have bought only 1.

So if we exclude those teams your talking about the last World Series win...which we did buy with CC,Tex,AJ. The team of the 70's with Catfish and Reggie could be considered bought as well.

_Supreme_
07-11-2010, 06:45 PM

You must mean: the NY big city garbage media tricked gullible Knicks fans into thinking he was going there.

I have only been saying this for almost two years. It feels great being right it the end.

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:47 PM
you forgot to mention we got anthony morrow and johan petro. we're stocking up on young talent. and we still have brook lopez, terrence williams, devin harris, etc. and to say we werent players for anybody?? you really think lebron was going to ny?? face it, he was going to miami the whole time. and amare stoudemaire... your overpaid pf with bad knees. lets see how he plays with raymond felton at the point instead of steve nash. and travis outlaw is a decent player who never got playing time because he was never given a chance. so go play with yourself or something because your starting to annoy me

I'd be annoyed too....if my supposed weaker rival is no longer my weakest rival. You won 12 games last year and your best answer is...

Travis Outlaw and a bum named Petro

I wont diss Morrow, hes legit.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I dont need to re-read it.."WE WIN SUPER BOWLS" is what you said right?
So its obvious you havent won in 17 years so you are referring to your past teams. You claim to Win Bowls but havent won in 17 years now your saying you are referring to the present but yet you havent won in 17 years.....

Which brings us back to the Staubach/Aikman years. Of which you are now saying you arent referring to but theres nothing else for you to base you comment on. Dude give it up....trying to justify your winning tradition on championships won 20-30 years ago isnt cutting it.

What have you won in the last 10 years? Last 5? Cowboys are crap. You know what winning tradition is worth bragging about?

6 titles in 8 years Chicago MJ years

27 World Championships NY YANKEES

And before Free Agency in the 70s we won 20. So dont give me the Yankees buy the series crap.

And the Yankees teams of the 90s didnt have one Super Star player on them. Not 1, not 1 All-Star player. 4 series wins and no superstar players making ridiculous amounts. So in reality the Yankees have bought only 1.

So if we exclude those teams your talking about the last World Series win...which we did buy with CC,Tex,AJ. The team of the 70's with Catfish and Reggie could be considered bought as well.

we have won more super bowls than any team except for one.... so.... we win super bowls... thats a true statement, regardless of when it happened... and me trying to harp up old championships, YOU DID THE EXACT SAME THING! and now you guys are trying to replicate our super stadium, not gonna happen. you cant do it as big as the cowboys... and you wouldnt have won that super bowl without that LUCKY CATCH!!!

and regardless of what you think about "buying your team" its not bs.. its fact... you should win EVERY SINGLE YEAR... the fact that the yankees dont win at least every other year is a complete epic fail......

and you completely ducked my point on the knicks... or should i just say amare, because the rest of the team is trash... nets will make playoffs, knicks wont... harris, lopez and favors will go off... have fun this year spike

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:52 PM

Yeah I watched...I watched the cowboys tank again to a team they should have beat easily. And I will say it again....TANKED AGAIN for like the 4th year in a row. And you blamed one of the losses on Jessica Simpson....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Some winning tradition

VinceCarter
07-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Adding Amare doesn't magically make the Knicks a good team. The Nets will have a better record than the Knicks next year if Devin is healthy or if we sign Jordan Farmar for backup.

td0tsfinest
07-11-2010, 06:57 PM

I agree. For sure Cleveland, New York, Brooklyn and maybe Chicago will boo him every time he gets the ball.

netsgiantsyanks
07-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I'd be annoyed too....if my supposed weaker rival is no longer my weakest rival. You won 12 games last year and your best answer is...

Travis Outlaw and a bum named Petro

I wont diss Morrow, hes legit.

we'll just see this coming season

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:58 PM
we have won more super bowls than any team except for one.... so.... we win super bowls... thats a true statement, regardless of when it happened... and me trying to harp up old championships, YOU DID THE EXACT SAME THING! and now you guys are trying to replicate our super stadium, not gonna happen. you cant do it as big as the cowboys... and you wouldnt have won that super bowl without that LUCKY CATCH!!!

and regardless of what you think about "buying your team" its not bs.. its fact... you should win EVERY SINGLE YEAR... the fact that the yankees dont win at least every other year is a complete epic fail......

and you completely ducked my point on the knicks... or should i just say amare, because the rest of the team is trash... nets will make playoffs, knicks wont... harris, lopez and favors will go off... have fun this year spike

Last I checked you have to be in the game to benefit from a lucky catch, and the throw to Plax for the win was legit. If they were that good we shouldnt have even been close to benefit by 1 lucky catch, which your QB or receivers wouldnt have made cuz they got no heart.

As for buying the Series, wasnt it your team that tried to do it by giving some moron 250 million? Then some team had to bail your team out because they are going broke......

Texas is big for only 1 thing....losing big.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah I watched...I watched the cowboys tank again to a team they should have beat easily. And I will say it again....TANKED AGAIN for like the 4th year in a row. And you blamed one of the losses on Jessica Simpson....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Some winning tradition

who blamed losses on some hoe? dont be callin it out like you know me. that was a team loss.. and anyone could say the same about yall beating the patriots... a team they should have lost to... youve made another dumbass post.... and youve ducked points that ive made again

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Texas....home to George W. Bush

Thats all Ill say about that!

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Last I checked you have to be in the game to benefit from a lucky catch, and the throw to Plax for the win was legit. If they were that good we shouldnt have even been close to benefit by 1 lucky catch, which your QB or receivers wouldnt have made cuz they got no heart.

As for buying the Series, wasnt it your team that tried to do it by giving some moron 250 million? Then some team had to bail your team out because they are going broke......

Texas is big for only 1 thing....losing big.

im talking about david tyree you idiot....

and the same moron you guys resigned for 275?!?!? this guy.... :facepalm:

texas is big for... everything. try and hate all you want but the things you say become instantly irrelevant.. no sense is made

netsgiantsyanks
07-11-2010, 07:01 PM

seriously though, i hate when people say stuff "if it wasnt for that they wouldnt have won" just be quiet, yeah the giants wouldnt have won without that catch but it happened so move on.........i like the praise you gave the nets though:)

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:02 PM
and back to the sport we were talking about.... mavs will be a high seed in the west... and texas is going to have 2, maybe 3 teams in the playoffs... knicks wont make the playoffs AND the nets will be a higher seed than them... seems like you guys are the ones losing big

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 07:02 PM
who blamed losses on some hoe? dont be callin it out like you know me. that was a team loss.. and anyone could say the same about yall beating the patriots... a team they should have lost to... youve made another dumbass post.... and youve ducked points that ive made again

If you cant take the heat then dont come in here trying to boast this or that!! I shot you down everytime and now youre gonna throw your keyboard across the room....dude you need to chill.

Another thing big in Texas.....drinks! Go get one, sounds like you need it.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:03 PM
seriously though, i hate when people say stuff "if it wasnt for that they wouldnt have won" just be quiet, yeah the giants wouldnt have won without that catch but it happened so move on.........i like the praise you gave the nets though:)

LOL i know, i know BUT i can bring up that garbage if he can even try and bring relevance with JESSICA SIMPSON

hahah i mean come on man, be real knick fan

flimflamman
07-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Dallas TX 4 Life
I would only say that from a purely free market argument that the Yankees clearly deserve to win every year as it spends more money and earns more money than anyone else. We are the big boys/ The salary cap allows us or forces us to subsidize less grossing teams like the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros.
Now even in football the salary cap allows Dallas to survive so lay nice and remeber some yankee money helps make that possible.

Dallas Tx4Life
If you cant take the heat then dont come in here trying to boast this or that!! I shot you down everytime and now youre gonna throw your keyboard across the room....dude you need to chill.

Another thing big in Texas.....drinks! Go get one, sounds like you need it.

who's mad? you have shot down nothing.... and havent won **** in 17 years?!??! youre a knick fan... know your role my man

NYY NYJ NYK
Was he expecting a standing ovation ?

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Dallas TX 4 Life
I would only say that from a purely free market argument that the Yankees clearly deserve to win every year as it spends more money and earns more money than anyone else. We are the big boys/ The salary cap allows us or forces us to subsidize less grossing teams like the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros.
Now even in football the salary cap allows Dallas to survive so lay nice and remeber some yankee money helps make that possible.

he's the one dissing the rangers... i still havent tried to defend them.. BECAUSE THEIRS NO DOING SO.. yes the rangers suck. they always have... this is about how much better the cowboys franchise is than the giants... and how horrible the knicks are of course

Bornknick73
im talking about david tyree you idiot....

and the same moron you guys resigned for 275?!?!? this guy.... :facepalm:

texas is big for... everything. try and hate all you want but the things you say become instantly irrelevant.. no sense is made

Plax caught the TD for the win....made possible by the LUCKY catch by Tyree.

And if we wouldnt have taken Arod from you you wouldnt even have a team in Texas...Yankees saved the Rangers from bankruptcy. And we'll help you again next year with cliff lee.

We gave him 275 cuz we can. Tell your team president not to try to throw money around he doesnt have we might not be there next time to help him out.

bkmikeyy
Adding Amare doesn't magically make the Knicks a good team. The Nets will have a better record than the Knicks next year if Devin is healthy or if we sign Jordan Farmar for backup.

Haha your cocky dumb arrogant owner put up a blueprint for greatness sign in NYC and he thinks he is going to steal knick fans because he is aware of how miserable the nets fanbase is. Fact is you guys cleared all this cap space and struck out so now you are overpaying scrubs (petro really?! you mention petro as a signing???) just so you can meet the league minimum. You say we overpaid for Amare, you guys paid over 10 mill a year for PETRO AND OUTLAW and attempted to sign thomas for 8 mill until it got matched. That would have been the same price as Amare for 3 bums.
I don't see how a team that added a few rookies, outlaw and morrow expects to go from a 12 win team to a playoff team, your owner has you drinking the koolaid with that international team bs.
How are the nets going to be better than a team that won 17 more games than them last year and clearly added A LOT more talent than the nets this offseason.

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Its funny how when people dont agree or they talk and get put in there place they resort to name calling...like little kids

Grow up Mr. Big Texas....this is a forum. If you cant take it then dont be here. Theres no need to name call when things arent going your way.

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Haha your cocky dumb arrogant owner put up a blueprint for greatness sign in NYC and he thinks he is going to steal knick fans because he is aware of how miserable the nets fanbase is. Fact is you guys cleared all this cap space and struck out so now you are overpaying scrubs (petro really?! you mention petro as a signing???) just so you can meet the league minimum. You say we overpaid for Amare, you guys paid over 10 mill a year for PETRO AND OUTLAW and attempted to sign thomas for 8 mill until it got matched. That would have been the same price as Amare for 3 bums.
I don't see how a team that added a few rookies, outlaw and morrow expects to go from a 12 win team to a playoff team, your owner has you drinking the koolaid with that international team bs.
How are the nets going to be better than a team that won 17 more games than them last year and clearly added A LOT more talent than the nets this offseason.

Yo Mikey how soon before you think it starts to come down now? Nets fans are funny. They talk all this smack about NYC but yet they cant survive without us. Good Luck in Newark!

GOON MUSIC
07-11-2010, 07:11 PM
yep, the only fans worse than philly's... only legit and loyal knick fan=spike lee

Could be the most ignorant comment I ever seen.

Dallas Tx4Life
Its funny how when people dont agree or they talk and get put in there place they resort to name calling...like little kids

Grow up Mr. Big Texas....this is a forum. If you cant take it then dont be here. Theres no need to name call when things arent going your way.

i name call from the start buddy, you never called me out once... i agree with your rangers talk too, i never disgreed with any of it.. you havent "told" me yet... keep trying to make yourself think that though.... and what about my latest knick fact???? just gonna duck that too?

ldc62
Its not like he promised to go there...

flimflamman
07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
The Cowboys have a great history. But they are far from the greatest team in Sports. The Yankees, The Oilers, the Real Madrid, Manchester United teams have more hardware. I know in Texas Foot ball is king. but not in the rest of the States. I am a Northerner and I like my Jets, and Giants. But if they loose " Oh well " if they win " Great "
What I appreciate is fair play. Did you see the WOrld CUp final today ? Now that tournament is a great international competetion. Players take much less money and saacrifice their health to play for the pride of their nations. HollandLost but they were good losers to the Spanish. That is what makes me happy about sports.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Could be the most ignorant comment I ever seen.

you have a lot of horrible fans... this is fact

netsgiantsyanks
07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Yo Mikey how soon before you think it starts to come down now? Nets fans are funny. They talk all this smack about NYC but yet they cant survive without us. Good Luck in Newark!

i never talked smack about nyc.....I LOVE NYC just not the knicks

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
The Cowboys have a great history. But they are far from the greatest team in Sports. The Yankees, The Oilers, the Real Madrid, Manchester United teams have more hardware. I know in Texas Foot ball is king. but not in the rest of the States. I am a Northerner and I like my Jets, and Giants. But if they loose " Oh well " if they win " Great "
What I appreciate is fair play. Did you see the WOrld CUp final today ? Now that tournament is a great international competetion. Players take much less money and saacrifice their health to play for the pride of their nations. HollandLost but they were good losers to the Spanish. That is what makes me happy about sports.

great points here... world cup was absolutely awesome... except that holland played a pretty dirty game, so you were wrong there... the drop kick? was it 10 yellow cards? but i get your point and i love soccer so i'll give it to you here...

but yea football is about all that matters down here.. if the cowboys lose its huge, if we win its huge... its all that matters

people need to quit trying to hurt my feelings with downplaying the rangers hahah, i DONT CARE!!!

flimflamman
07-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Dallas
Holland played dirty but at the end of the match as Spain prepared to do its victory lap, the Dutch lined up to allow the Spaniard to pass between them to honor them. That is really cool, considering hundreds of years ago Holland fought the Spaniards for independence. The Spaniards were tyranical rulers who mistreated their Dutch subjects.
So it is in this form that I see sports. Its something to playfully argue about. Its an escape, a good hobby, helps us avoid thinking about our jobs and failures. SO play nice with everyone here, your a nice person. SPorts is fun butlets not argue disrespectfully about it. People get killed for much less. Have a great night.

nrwskinny
07-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Name another player you can think of where ESPN dedicates a one-hour special just so you can say where you will play s=next season. Sad thing is--we the fans have made LeBron bigger than the game..stop buying his merchandise and dont go to Heat games...the best way to hurt a rich man is to make him a poor man..

REALLYYYYY?
07-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Come on now.

You acted like he committed a crime.

...it is true though that he is gonna be booed everywhere

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Name another player you can think of where ESPN dedicates a one-hour special just so you can say where you will play s=next season. Sad thing is--we the fans have made LeBron bigger than the game..stop buying his merchandise and dont go to Heat games...the best way to hurt a rich man is to make him a poor man..

false... it wasnt espn it was lebrons marketing people being very smart and using the entire nation's OBSESSION of this to its advantage and to the advantage of the kids...

and that last statement... uhhh... you couldnt hurt lebron james if you tried

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Dallas
Holland played dirty but at the end of the match as Spain prepared to do its victory lap, the Dutch lined up to allow the Spaniard to pass between them to honor them. That is really cool, considering hundreds of years ago Holland fought the Spaniards for independence. The Spaniards were tyranical rulers who mistreated their Dutch subjects.
So it is in this form that I see sports. Its something to playfully argue about. Its an escape, a good hobby, helps us avoid thinking about our jobs and failures. SO play nice with everyone here, your a nice person. SPorts is fun butlets not argue disrespectfully about it. People get killed for much less. Have a great night.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Andres-Iniesta-wins-World-Cup-pays-tribute-to-D?urn=sow,255200

^^^that shows class^^^ iniesta showing respect to a fallen friend in the biggest moment of his life truly makes his celebration epic...

and good work playing peacekeeper, agree with what you said...

and yea holland did show alot of class except for the 5 or so that didnt even show afterwards but that was a nice little country history you threw in there.. appreciate the info

flimflamman
07-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Dallas
Lebron can be hurt. He did this for his legacy. He wants rings.
But if no one values them he will feel it. When chants go up in the crowds " TOni Kukoc, and Second Fidlle " He will realize no one sees him like Michael Jordan but like Scottie Pippen. When if he had done something more dificult he would have. You want to beat the best not join them. Had he tried like Malone, Like Derek Harper did, the owner of the team would have traded him with good wishes to a contender and the fans would have approved. NO one hates Barkley for Leaving Phiily no one remembers that Malone went to the Lakers for that reason. But he dumped CLeveland and lied to other teams. Chant '" Kukoc "

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:44 PM
true, except for the fact that he clearly isnt kukoc, or pippen for that matter.... if he averages a triple double next year (which truly is fathomable) then all those chants will seem pretty dumb... he did what he had to.. he didnt want to be the nba's dan marino

flimflamman
07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Dan Marino is an all time great. Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, Stocton, Ernie Banks are all great. It is really stupid that someone can argue ( not you ) that no rings means failure. Shoot Robert Horry has 6 rings right ?
There is nothing worse than potential mispent. He had potential to be special as a competetor and he shitted that away. That will never be forgotton.

zambo4president
07-11-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm wearin my Melo jersey right now congrats to him and his new family :clap: **** you LeBron!