PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Gilbert Arenas preinjury and gun incident

IVE GOT WOOD
07-11-2010, 05:17 PM
IMO before he got hurt Gilbert was a top player and lethal scorer in this league almost scoring 30pts a game back to back yrs.Two things i want opinions on...

1.Does anyone think he can be that player again

2.Can he do it as a 2 guard

Bruno
07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
He was one of my favorite players in the league before the injury. I was convinced he was legit when he dropped 60 in Staples against the Lakers. Kobe had 45 that same game but it wasn't good enough.

I'm probably one of the few people who's still pullin for Gilbert and hopes he turns it around. He's a great talent. I don't thnk he can be that same player again, he has to prove to me otherwise. I'm still bitter about drafting him last year in fantasy, haha.

The numbers he put up in 2005-2006 were just great.

45%FG, 10 FTA per game, at 82%, 37% from three, 29 ppg, 6.1 apg, 3.7 rpg, 2 spg.

zambo4president
07-11-2010, 06:50 PM
I hated him almost as much as any other player. He's sooooo overrated.

Melo15
07-11-2010, 06:52 PM
I still think he can be a good scorer but no I don't think he can be a good 2 guard. At this point with all his injuries I would look at him as being a 6th man who can come off the bench and provide your team with a spark and quick points.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:55 PM
he just had that unconcious year,.... he was really dope but such a ball hog that his team couldnt contend... aka.. dont like him and no he cant make much of a positive impact on a team, unless like i said in the other thread the team isnt a contender... he could easily go to the nets, twolves, etc

IVE GOT WOOD
07-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks bruno I was debating this in the Bulls forum with a few guys and my scenario had us trading Deng and Johnson for Gilbert to play the 2 guard next to Rose.Needless to say they hated the idea stating that Gilbert cant play the 2 and his contract isnt worth the risk,which i agree with to a point but wouldnt be as much a risk if we got rid of Dengs in return.Deng to me is replaceable pure scorers like Arenas are hard to come by.

Before the gun incident he was avging 22 a game which is a pretty good for someone that hadnt played much the last 2 yrs,that there shows me he can still do it.The Bulls have a good team but we need someone that can score at will like i know Gilbert can.I think everyone forgot how good he was,all they remember is the injuries and the gun incident sadly.

IVE GOT WOOD
07-11-2010, 07:14 PM
he just had that unconcious year,.... he was really dope but such a ball hog that his team couldnt contend... aka.. dont like him and no he cant make much of a positive impact on a team, unless like i said in the other thread the team isnt a contender... he could easily go to the nets, twolves, etc

He had back to back unconcious years and some pretty damn good ones before that all up until he got injured,now i guess he's just a 28yr old washed up bum.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
He had back to back unconcious years and some pretty damn good ones before that all up until he got injured,now i guess he's just a 28yr old washed up bum.

true.. haha yea he is a bum... a thuggish bum at that..

Oakley's Fist
07-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Gilbert had his moments but he was very inconsistent and was a ball hog.

Human FlameShld
07-11-2010, 07:27 PM
This guy has no place in the league so I don't care if he can play again.

Stern dropped the ball if he cared about the image of the league and the way things look to the youngest fans than Gilbert wouldn't be in the league.

You do not screw around with guns that only leads to death (eventually)