PDA

View Full Version : Should Walton seriously think about retiring?

Lakeshow86
07-11-2010, 11:25 AM
He's been having back problems the last few years. His dad says that his family has a history of back problems. Papa Walton himself said that his back pain is very bad. Might be time for Walton to quit now and not make things worse. That money he still has on the table wont mean anything when your in alot of pain.

lakers4sho
07-11-2010, 11:29 AM
He's been having back problems the last few years. His dad says that his family has a history of back problems. Papa Walton himself said that his back pain is very bad. Might be time for Walton to quit now and not make things worse. That money he still has on the table wont mean anything when your in alot of pain.

Playing or not playing, he'd still have back pains. So why would he leave the money on the table giftwrapped and spoonfed to him?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Please close this post

:laugh:

But seriously another Walton's back thread!

lowdown32
07-11-2010, 01:19 PM
my back hurts from all this crying about puke

The front office is well aware of Luke and ALL of his short comings do not worry about nothig but going for the threepeat

RoyalG333
07-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Whatever anyone says, Luke's bball IQ is great not only when he is on the floor but also in the locker room. And why should he retire when hes making all that cash and winning rings? would you if you were in his shoes?

timebandit
07-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I've been to the moon 20 years ago! What the hell you worried about!!!

BlackMambaKBB24
07-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Sorry for not being informed too well with Lukes contract, but jus a few QUESTIONS about it. Exactly how many years was the contract signed for. What year into the contract will he be in next year. Last how much was the contract for??

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Sorry for not being informed too well with Lukes contract, but jus a few QUESTIONS about it. Exactly how many years was the contract signed for. What year into the contract will he be in next year. Last how much was the contract for??

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

BlackMambaKBB24
07-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Good lookin thanks bro..

gr824
07-11-2010, 09:36 PM

Walton signed a six-year, $30 million deal in Summer, 2007. The 2010-2011 season will be Year Four of the pact, which, as things stand now, 'concludes' in Summer, 2013 ...

laker2dodger
07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
I Still like Luke
hope every thing works out for him :)

Angels4Ever
07-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Wishful thinking thread just like the people who kept post threads about getting Kirk Hinrich. Haha He got trade for nothing hahaha

Anilyzer
07-12-2010, 01:06 PM
retire already. Let him be an announcer or whatever, maybe he can be the next Riley. Or not, but just clear the damn roster spot already.

The Raven
07-12-2010, 01:16 PM
He should retire. He's incapable of getting healthy it seems with his injuries probably only going to get worse. He's taking up a roster spot that could be used for someone else who could help us alot more.

lakers4sho
07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
retire already. Let him be an announcer or whatever, maybe he can be the next Riley. Or not, but just clear the damn roster spot already.

He should retire. He's incapable of getting healthy it seems with his injuries probably only going to get worse. He's taking up a roster spot that could be used for someone else who could help us alot more.

Put yourselves his shoes. Would you guys do as you say right now?

Anilyzer
07-12-2010, 06:11 PM

they can buy him out, and also give him a job in the front office. The $$ just won't count against the salary cap as much. And it will free a roster spot. It's better for him than grinding out there with no cartilage in his back or whatever. He seemed happier announcing anyways, and the kids love him.

iggypop123
07-12-2010, 08:41 PM
lol walton give away 5 million bucks? are you guys stupid?

Anilyzer
07-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Maybe trade him to Utah. He has cool hair and the Mormon kids will idolize him.

New Power House
07-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Whatever anyone says, Luke's bball IQ is great not only when he is on the floor but also in the locker room. And why should he retire when hes making all that cash and winning rings? would you if you were in his shoes?

We know that he is not that decent of a player. It is just a wish! He is not going to be able to contribute and the Lakers know that. That is why they got Ebanks and maybe Barnes too. He is going to stay and continue to ride the bus like Morrison and others have done before. :facepalm:

_KB24_
07-12-2010, 10:54 PM
I hope he does. He's just a burden on our team all around. He's not athletic and is too injury prone to help us with his supposed basketball IQ. Plus, knowing that we might lose Brown because of our financial position and him making that money, pisses me off.

KillaInstinct24
07-12-2010, 10:56 PM
walton should just go ahead and retire, get a job as an assistant coach.

off topic: did u guys hear what chris paul said about him and melo joining stoudemire in NY by 2012 to create their own "big three." he supposedly said this at LaLa and Melo's wedding. could simply have been a joke

New Power House
07-12-2010, 10:58 PM

"To be or not to be that is the question" Puke is going to ride the pine,because..
money! This is fine,because in the first place Cupcake was so foolish to gave him that kind of contract. Lakers have to live with their decision. It will be a miracle if he retires and miracles happen! If he returns and is incapable to perform then I will be asking for this miracle to happen. :D

New Power House
07-12-2010, 11:03 PM
I hope he does. He's just a burden on our team all around. He's not athletic and is too injury prone to help us with his supposed basketball IQ. Plus, knowing that we might lose Brown because of our financial position and him making that money, pisses me off.

Stupid Lebron! Just watching this video clip,makes my stomach sick! Now he is going to be playing second filer to a player that made him look like a traitor in front of the entire world to satisfy his ego. Wade is the biggest enemy now! Kobe is going to prepare and get everybody ready for next year. Sorry to completely change the subject here,but his face:facepalm::facepalm:

Burleson81
07-12-2010, 11:09 PM

Nice sig. Where can I copy? :D

kblo247
07-12-2010, 11:14 PM

I'd take Luke over brown if the two were healthy everyday of the week because Luke is better offensively and defensively. Sadly he isn't healthy and I see him either retiring or being a victim of the Amnesty Clause when the new CBA comes up like years ago.

New Power House
07-12-2010, 11:40 PM
walton should just go ahead and retire, get a job as an assistant coach.

off topic: did u guys hear what chris paul said about him and melo joining stoudemire in NY by 2012 to create their own "big three." he supposedly said this at LaLa and Melo's wedding. could simply have been a joke

They are just copy cats! They are afraid of the Lakers and that is the only reason. Lakers will respond to these moves sooner or later. My question is,is this healthy for the rest of the NBA? The Godfather is not going to like this player controlling moves. His favorite primadona started this hold mess. Buss can and will fight back if they continue to play this kind of game. I bet!

Anilyzer
07-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Maybe we can just keep him, keep paying him or whatever, but Morrison/deactivate him so that we can put a Gerald Green or other unsigned FA on the roster... I mean I've liked his game at times in the past, but we need players that can really get it done, not ones that you're just thrilled if they didn't miss a shot or didn't turn the ball over or something.

gr824
07-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Maybe we can just keep him, keep paying him or whatever, but Morrison/deactivate him so that we can put a Gerald Green or other unsigned FA on the roster... I mean I've liked his game at times in the past, but we need players that can really get it done, not ones that you're just thrilled if they didn't miss a shot or didn't turn the ball over or something.

Morrison is no longer under contract, meaning he is gone [ unless the Lakers were to resign him, which will not happen ] and his roster spot is already vacant ...

_KB24_
07-13-2010, 04:09 AM
]I'd take Luke over brown if the two were healthy everyday of the week because Luke is better offensively and defensively.[/B] Sadly he isn't healthy and I see him either retiring or being a victim of the Amnesty Clause when the new CBA comes up like years ago.

Don't agree at all bud. Thats like saying you would pick a tall wooden chair with hobbling legs instead of a smaller steel chair thats sturdy. :laugh2:

Brown is always available and is a spark off the bench. Walton can be a burden at times on the floor. He is not decisive enough and not aggressive at all. And I believe Brown is better on both sides of the floor as well. He is just as good a shooter and drives the ball into the hoop much better.

bleedprple&gold
07-13-2010, 03:35 PM
I hope Walton gets some PT this year, make him earn that damn contract since we are stuck with him for 3 more years, I don't care if he's hurt!

kblo247
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Don't agree at all bud. Thats like saying you would pick a tall wooden chair with hobbling legs instead of a smaller steel chair thats sturdy. :laugh2:

Brown is always available and is a spark off the bench. Walton can be a burden at times on the floor. He is not decisive enough and not aggressive at all. And I believe Brown is better on both sides of the floor as well. He is just as good a shooter and drives the ball into the hoop much better.

When healthy Luke has the better shot, post game, rebounding, passing, ball handling, and man defense.

Shannon can never even say that he was good enough to be a 3rd option, 6th man, or even a starter like Luke as when he did start Shannon averaged 17 on 17 shots at 38% shooting.

omr527
07-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Give the guy a break, let's see how he comes back before we throw dirt on his career.

ldawg
07-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Is Luck i mean Luke is he even an NBA player? Talk about a free pass Lakers always have some can't play white dude and fans cheer them like they are super stars when they score a bucket. Player of the game 4pts 3rpg 2apg 3tpg smartest player if its not for him we would never win. get real dude suck big time.

bleedprple&gold
07-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Is Luck i mean Luke is he even an NBA player? Talk about a free pass Lakers always have some can't play white dude and fans cheer them like they are super stars when they score a bucket. Player of the game 4pts 3rpg 2apg 3tpg smartest player if its not for him we would never win. get real dude suck big time.

I don't think anyone has ever said that...:facepalm: