PDA

View Full Version : Walsh: Knicks Will Have Space for Carmelo and Paul

JordansBulls
07-11-2010, 10:13 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/walsh_knicks_will_have_pace_for_Jv1N89gUtC6ShaWjrt Vp5M

The Knicks now can chase superstars who actually want to play in New York: Carmelo Anthony in 2011 and point guards Chris Paul or Deron Williams in 2012.
As reported exclusively in yesterday’s Post, the Knicks’ insistence on no more than two guaranteed years for Felton at $15.8 million has given them the cap-space flexibility to offer one maximum contract for 2011 and another one for 2012, Knicks president Donnie Walsh told The Post yesterday.

“It may not be as many years as I wanted it, but I’ll be 28, 29 years old and still be young in my prime,” Felton told a South Carolina television network.
Anthony and Paul could be the final two pieces to what Walsh believes could be not just a championship team but a dynasty, considering their ages.
Anthony got married yesterday in Manhattan to MTV’s LaLa Vasquez, a Brooklyn native. LeBron, Paul and new Knicks power forward Amar’e Stoudemire attended. Spike Lee was also there and as Lee passed reporters, he screamed, “We want Carmelo to come to New York"

The Knicks believe Anthony wants to marry the Knicks when he becomes a free agent next July. Anthony has a contract extension offer on the table from the Nuggets, but has not budged. According to a source close to Stoudemire, Anthony and Vasquez want to live in New York. Stoudemire said last weekend he would be in Anthony’s ear about joining the Knicks.

MiamiLoyal926
07-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I would love to see that eastern conference finals!! HEAT vs KNICKS!! Reminds me of the allen houston shot!!! Those were fun years!

krest213
07-11-2010, 10:21 AM
he's gonna go

xbrackattackx
07-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I always thought Mello was a better fit in NYC, I think NYC knew Lebron wasn't coming.

magichatnumber9
07-11-2010, 10:26 AM
My god Donnie are you putting money on this

Lo Porto
07-11-2010, 10:28 AM
This is exactly what I just posted on the NY forum before this article hit.

Raidaz4Life
07-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Good luck NY.

BronBron06
07-11-2010, 10:30 AM
I hope not

I rather keep MELO at the WEST

Cmon they are DRAFT RIVALS THEY SHOULD MEET in THE NBA FINALS

Seriously because if that happens... THE NBA FINALS = EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS

The West are gonna look like scrubs

Raidaz4Life
07-11-2010, 10:33 AM
I hope not

And yet the Lakers will still win the championship every year:D

_Supreme_
07-11-2010, 10:33 AM
I'll believe it when it actually happens.

If Melo accepts the Denver extension this NY scenario is out of the window too.

Master Mind
07-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Would be nice

ATX
07-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Didn't NY just sign Raymond Felton to a big deal? He's just a one year fit? So NY is going to look to trade him away in order to bring in Chris Paul? If bringing in Paul was the plan, wouldn't they just hold onto the cap space and sign someone cheaper...

_Supreme_
07-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Didn't NY just sign Raymond Felton to a big deal? He's just a one year fit? So NY is going to look to trade him away in order to bring in Chris Paul? If bringing in Paul was the plan, wouldn't they just hold onto the cap space and sign someone cheaper...

Felton signed a two year deal.

slynxpac
07-11-2010, 10:45 AM
If the Knicks would sign Melo next year then they will be a really strong contender in the East..

TheChamp
07-11-2010, 10:50 AM
According to sources Chris Paul is supposed to go to the heat after the 2012 season since he is part of that giant plan with Lebron, Dwayne, and Chris. Idk about Deron Williams but i think Carmelo will join the Bulls or Knicks via free agency after this season.

Lo Porto
07-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I'd love to see how Paul fits in Miami under a new CBA when Bosh, Wade and LeBron make $55 million a year.

ATX
07-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Felton signed a two year deal.

...And Paul's deal expires that year? Hmm.

MiamiLoyal926
07-11-2010, 10:59 AM
According to sources Chris Paul is supposed to go to the heat after the 2012 season since he is part of that giant plan with Lebron, Dwayne, and Chris. Idk about Deron Williams but i think Carmelo will join the Bulls or Knicks via free agency after this season.

I like your sources.... they know how to think big!

What do your sources say about Dwight Howard? Miami too?

lol... dreams to come true... but that is out of this world.

Giantwarrior
07-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Melo was born in Brooklyn. I could see it happening. The Nuggets better trade him before he bolts town.

J4KOP99
07-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I really can't see how Melo does not sign this extension... He would be throwing away a lot of money, from an anual NBA salary sense. But he would definitely make a lot more money if he came to NY.

He would probably be a better fit on the Knicks than LeBron would have been. Wade would have been the best fit IMO.

I also don't know what the Knicks would trade for him or even for Chris Paul, they would have to hope to sign them in FA. Not too far fetched but I don't see it happening.

Hellcrooner
07-11-2010, 11:43 AM
only problem is new CBA.

im pretty sure Stern wil try to do something that AVOIDS another MIAMI EXISTS EVER.

queenskid718
07-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Honestly all these rumors about Chris Paul and Melo coming to Ny is just speculation right now and I don't wanna get my hopes up. I think the Knicks should focus on making the team we have now better.

If Melo doesn't sign that extension then I think that puts the Knicks in pretty strong contention to get him. Idk how realistic Paul to NY rumors are but the Felton signing gives an opportunity nonetheless to make a move for either Paul or D. Will.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-11-2010, 11:53 AM

with what cap.........LMAO, you think he's accepting the MLE they have 3 players on their roster making 100 mil + it's not happening.

69centers
07-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Like I've been saying, Chris Paul and Melo to NY, Nowitzki and Deron to the Lakers, and Dwight Howard to the Celtics. The league can be shortened to 4 teams: Lakers, Celtics, Heat, and Knicks, and just kick the other 26 teams out of the league. These 4 teams can travel to all the cities that no longer have teams.

KnicksorBust
07-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Melo would be a great backup for Gallo.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Honestly all these rumors about Chris Paul and Melo coming to Ny is just speculation right now and I don't wanna get my hopes up. I think the Knicks should focus on making the team we have now better.

If Melo doesn't sign that extension then I think that puts the Knicks in pretty strong contention to get him. Idk how realistic Paul to NY rumors are but the Felton signing gives an opportunity nonetheless to make a move for either Paul or D. Will.i would rather have d williams than paul he fits better.

TheKing23
07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
So do the Knicks have enough cap room for a max contract for Melo in 2011 and then a max contract for Paul in 2012 or just one of the two?

Imagine that lineup...

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Danilo Gallinari
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire
C: Anyone?

NYKalltheway
07-11-2010, 12:24 PM
The plan (sort of) as I picture it

2011 trade deadline:
Curry(expiring) + Chandler + a bench player for Carmelo.

2011 off season:
Felton(expiring) + Azubuike + role player for CP3.

Nuggets and Hornets would add something to balance the trade.

Carmelo must reject the contract renewal and make it appear that he only wants New York(maybe his wife can go say everytime on tv that's she's gonna move to New York).
So only a trade with the Knicks will be possible, or they will just let him go for free. If that's the case, Chandler will s&t with Knicks and be part of a possible Paul/D Williams trade.

Tony Parker is a much easier target than Paul or Deron imo, as he would be pushed to join the Knicks by his wife, unlike Paul and Deron who would only join for basketball reasons.

Carmelo to NYK 100% imo. Felton will only play for a year or maybe 1.5 to be trade at the deadline of 2012 as an expiring. The thing that matters is when does Carmelo join the Knicks, not if. It's gonna happen.

BkOriginalOne
07-11-2010, 12:45 PM
3 all stars have to play together because of the heat.

Rocco007
07-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Out of the Lebron losers, I think NYK fared the best...They didn't mortgage their entire future for a quick fix proposition...They can steadily keep improving their roster for years to come...

NYY NYJ NYK
07-11-2010, 12:59 PM
knicks are not going to sign either one

They will either resign or hit FA and sign w/ a different team

HouRealCoach
07-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Amare, Paul, Melo vs. Lebron, Wade, Bosh???? THats what we need

hugh1130
07-11-2010, 01:18 PM
This is stupid. The Knicks waited two years for a shot are LeBron and Co,

now the knicks want to waste two years for a shot at CP3 and co?

fool me once.... fool me twice.

Giaps
07-11-2010, 01:21 PM
The Knicks are 1 of the few teams that have the capability of putting together a hero team to overtake the evil empire that is the Heat.

The Jokemaker
07-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Too bad they'll both just join the Heat to make it an even bigger superteam! But hey at least they'll be able to sport the promotion of "Buy season tickets and we may let you come off the bench for a game!"

I hope at least Melo goes to NY to team with Stoudemire. That'd definitelyy be impressive. If they could land Deron or Paul too that'd be even more explosive. I think Dantoni's system would be perfect for Paul.

justinnum1
07-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Walsh didn't learn his lesson the first time?

Oakley's Fist
07-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Knicks need to stop giving away draft picks and build their team through the draft instead of hoping that free agents will join them in the future.

That said I would love to see Melo and Paul play in the Garden but I dont see it happening. Someone get on the phone with Lala and convince her she needs to get Melo to come back to new york.

Oefarmy2005
07-11-2010, 01:52 PM
It's going to be the same thing as this year. A lot of smoke, but no fire when all is said and done.

Slimsim
07-11-2010, 01:57 PM
But how many fans can say that there teams has the same option as the Knicks ? We are a young team right now most likely 7th or 8th seed. Then we can land Carmelo Next year. Not many teams have options like ours and it's a pretty good plan C.

sep11ie
07-11-2010, 02:13 PM
I guess thats what happens when you bank on a huge off season and end up with Amare and Felton. Make it seem like that was the plan all along.

Mudvayne91
07-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I just either hope Melo signs that contract soon or we trade him before the season starts. I just don't want hear these topics all the time.

The Dream
07-11-2010, 02:20 PM

what lesson?:facepalm:

Slimsim
07-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I guess thats what happens when you bank on a huge off season and end up with Amare and Felton. Make it seem like that was the plan all along.

Know that's what you call pan B or C. Something many teams including yours don't have.

Jays Claw
07-11-2010, 02:32 PM
What happens next if the Knicks miss out on both Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul? :rolleyes:

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 02:34 PM

Yeah next time he'll have the house of all FAs bugged so he can find out before hand if it was all a sham. Why people blame Walsh for a plan hatched in 2006 by 3 co-conspirators is beyond me.

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 02:35 PM
What happens next if the Knicks miss out on both Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul? :rolleyes:

We'll move to Toronto and be the second most irrelevant team in the NBA

Slimsim
07-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Dwight Howard. No one superstar is safe.

Hustla23
07-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, at least we know it's impossible for Melo and Paul to go to Miami. :laugh2:

It's actually very feasible for New York to get both of them.

The Knicks have only 3 guaranteed contracts next year with team options on almost all the other players, giving them the possibility of having upwards of up to 25 million in cap space for next season.

They can maneuver around a bit and offer another max the season after.

They can sign and trade for Melo with a trade exception and maybe a first rounder and then offer a **** load of assets that they have acquired to trade for Paul.

The Knicks could potentially build a team that can overtake Miami.

And unlike Lebron, there are many signs of Carmelo and Paul actually wanting to play for New York.

Both Broussard and Stephen A. Smith have tweeted how they're both "dying" to get here.

We'll see what happens.

But Walsh has managed his cap space almost perfectly.

DR. Pepper
07-11-2010, 02:50 PM
im hoping this happens now... Heat v Knicks in ECF would be pretty exciting

Sandman
07-11-2010, 03:06 PM
There's more than one FA PG that year. Walsh knows the team needs to make bigger steps to contend, and it may not be too out there to consider the possibility they could lure an elite PG. Elite PGs become MVPs in D'antoni's offense.

xxseven72ducexx
07-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately, I don't see both coming...of course I would like it but I see Melo signing that 3 year, $65 mil extension cause I doubt he's going to leave that much on the table...but I do see CP3 coming, New Orleans is a team in re-building mode, they had their shot a few years ago when they were one of the top teams in the West but now he's just waiting for his contract to expire so he can bolt town cause NO isn't going to trade him even if they know he's leaving, just like the Raptors did with Bosh and got NOTHING in return for him...IMO if Melo doesn't sign his extension, Denver should trade him immediately so they can start building a new team as quick as possible because keeping him for the whole year knowing he's going to be out is detrimental to the team and franchise...so I hope that both can come but I'd be happy with just 1

magichatnumber9
07-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Donnie please stop gambling and work on getting one player others want to play with.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Imagine:

Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Chris Bosh

vs.

Chris Paul
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire

The Dream
07-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Imagine:

Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Chris Bosh

vs.

Chris Paul
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire

the all star game would be pretty interesting lol

Avenged
07-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Paul, Melo, and Amare could definitely compete with Wade, Lebron, and Bosh.

I'd actually love to see that.

IversonIsKrazy
07-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I really hope other teams don't start freeing cap space for the Melo, CP, DWill "SWEEPSTAKES"

cmellofan15
07-11-2010, 03:42 PM
isn't this hat happened with Lebron?

Reyes6
07-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Great Way to Give Felton Confidence, knowing he could be replaced in a year.

Mr LaFontaine
07-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Melo would be a great backup for Gallo.

i lol'd @ that

nykoutlaw312
07-11-2010, 03:53 PM

Its either that or he'll rise to the occasion and play real good u never know only one way to find out rite lol

CHAD27
07-11-2010, 04:01 PM
i'll believe it when it actually happens.

If melo accepts the denver extension this ny scenario is out of the window too.

which there will be a lockout after this year so if melo wants money he will take the extension

dtmagnet
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
How is this not tampering?

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 04:30 PM
1)Winning: The window for Denver to win it all has closed. Their frontcourt is decimated by injuries, they have no youthful talent to replenish the older guys(other then Lawson) or affordable contracts to trade, they have no draft picks.

2)Roster: The Knicks with a young core of Gallinari, Randolph, Walker, Felton, Tony D,Mozgov, Azu, Chandler, Jordan, Turiaf, Rautins and Stoudemire are built for the future and are the youngest, arguably the tallest and most athletic team in the NBA. Gallo, Azu, TD23 can shoot the rock from downtown as well as anyone in the game not named Ray-Ray. With someone down low to command a double team the looks will be wide open and the % will go up dramatically. Average age of the team is 24.

3)Coaching: Melo in a Phoenix type of system with STAT down low and Gallo on the wings is straight ugly! Mike may not coach defense like people say but how much D do you need scoring 120 a night? We'll address the defense in a minute.

4)Defense: The Achilles heal for years. With the additions of Randolph, Turiaf, Azu, Mozgov, Jordan to go with TD who can lock down his guy and Gallo is a lot of height to shoot over. Shot blocking which was the weakness of the Knicks is now a strength. We got 7's for days and can throw body after body out there and have like 100 fouls to hack anyone to death. The Knicks, while they dont preach D, will have plenty of players who have it in their DNA. STAT for all his defensive inconsistency can still provide intensity and the occasional blocked shot. Dont discount intensity in regards to defense. Turiaf is the poor mans Oakley.

5)Front Office: Dolans a moron but hes not cheap, Donnie is solid. He took a overpaid group of losers with 0 athletic ability and average of 26 wins a year and a 90+ million dollar payroll and turned it into a team that looks like it hasnt missed a draft in a few years. We are younger faster taller cheaper. All that in 2 years. The payroll is now 55 mil and almost every contract has a TO after the second year. We got trade assets for days and cap space to add Paul. After the Summer of 2010 not many teams can boast that. We can!

6)Financial: When was the last time you saw Melo in a commercial endorsing anything? Unlike Queen James and King Wade, Melo is under exposed. Those guys make tons of endorsement money, they dont need NYC. The market in Denver is too small and outside of Colorado hes a nobody in terms of advertising. In this case he needs us and we need him. His financial intake can double in NYC. 65 million extension will be dwarfed by the amount of money he will make on the side. He knows this. Bron and Wade didnt need this....Melo does. This is the business capitol of the World, its a fact!

7)Desire: He truly wants to be here. Unlike Bron and Wade who we were never really sure about. We had to guess about them. There is no guessing here. Melo if he was a FA today would have signed with the Knicks. His wife was born and raised here, she wants to return here as well to follow her career goals. We'll get to the family aspect in a second....

8) Family: Melo was born in NYC as was his wife. He was raised in Baltimore but chose Syracuse. During the off season him and his wife spend a lot of time in the area. They are both of Puerto Rican heritage and attend the NYC PR day parade. Try getting good PR food in Denver. You wont find a Sofrito's in Aspen. Her son Kiyan is currently living a vagabond life. He goes to school in LA then Denver during the season, If they wanted to be in Denver there would be no need for a off season home elsewhere. What mother wants that kind of instability for their children? If you are really happy your children shouldnt be up rooted every time he gets bounced from the playoffs. Did I mention out of all the exotic places in the world to get married they choose NYC? 42nd st to be exact, Cipriani's..nice place ive been there, awesome Marsala. The point is their family and friends are here they have a legitimate attachment to the area. Something which cannot be said for Wade and the Queen.

9)Collusion: Bron had Wade and now we have STAT. Reports are already surfacing Melo STAT and CP3 are plotting a Legion of Doom to go up against the Superfriends. Melo has been seen all over town with STAT in tow. Bosh followed Wade everywhere too if I remember correctly. Dont think hes not in his ear every 5 minutes to come here. Last rumor of a collusion between friends to play together turned out to be very true. And lastly.....

10)The Challenge: Playing in NYC is a challenge only the most brave can under take. Resurrecting the Knicks will not only boost careers it will boost stature and standing among the games greats. Only the people with the biggest heart and guts can play here and win. Winning here is like nothing else in the world. Ask Jeter or Rivera. Jeter can get up at 3am and go anywhere in the city at the drop of a hat and be treated like a god. Other cities can do this too but outside of LA you wont find a city that can offer as much as NYC can in terms of entertainment and excess. A winner in NYC has the world at his feet.

This isnt wishful thinking....this is gonna happen. Its just a matter of when.
Lebron was scared of his shadow, Wade wasnt leaving Miami and Bosh is...well hes Bosh and the only reason we even try for him was to get another player. The team has been assembled, the money is there, the city is waiting....Lebron couldnt take the pressure to lead so he followed. Im beginning to see it was for a reason.

NYC prodigal son is coming home and hes bringing wifey with him. Bank on it!

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Chris Paul thinking big three on Broadway?

2:31 PM By Alan Hahn

LeBron James finally made a visit to New York, but it was to attend Carmelo Anthony's wedding. Though James spurned the Big Apple for a shot at a dynasty in Miami with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, his move might still benefit the Knicks.

According to multiple sources who attended the wedding, which was held at Cipriani on 42nd St., the common theme among the best wishes to Melo and his new bride, television personality LaLa Vazquez, was that they should consider taking up permanent residence in New York and Carmelo should take the challenge LeBron passed on with the Knicks.

Then, with a less-than-pleased Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke in attendance, Chris Paul included in his address to the happy couple that he wanted to get Carmelo to go with him to join Amar'e Stoudemire with the Knicks "and form our own Big Three."

Stoudemire, who also attended the wedding, loved what he heard. When Stoudemire first arrived in New York the previous Saturday night, he said, "I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here."

Several NBA players have said Anthony is hesitant to sign the extension with Denver because he is unsure about the franchise's future (George Karl's health, Chauncey Billups' age both play a factor) and is also intrigued by what a move to the Garden stage could do for his career. Anthony was born in Brooklyn and still has a great deal of family here, as does fellow Brooklynite Vazquez, whose own career would benefit from being in New York City.

Anthony has consistently lagged behind fellow Class of '03 stars, LeBron and Wade, in popularity. His jersey, in fact, isn't among the top 10 in sales, according to the NBA.

The concern in not taking the extension is that, with with the uncertainty of the collective bargaining process, which re-opens next summer, Carmelo could wind up losing money. That's why the instinct is to take the money while it's there. But the urge is to push for a trade, perhaps a trade-and-extend deal. At this point, the Nuggets are not considering offers for him, but if Carmelo steps forward and asks for it, then Denver will have to consider dealing him or losing him for nothing next summer.

Anthony shares the same agent as James in Leon Rose. Paul just left his agency, Octagon, to become the most significant client for James' fledgling marketing and branding company, LRMR, which he owns with business partner Maverick Carter. There could be some obvious strategy here.

Paul has an opt-out in 2012 and has told ESPN that if the New Orleans Hornets are not committed to building a championship-caliber team, he would accept a trade.

SNYmets86
07-11-2010, 04:59 PM
like i said I am real tired of pipe dreams. I say focus on what we got, stay flexible with the cap, and just play some god damn ball.

Giaps
07-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Felton already acknowledged that he didn't get the amount of years he wanted but he's happy that he'll be in his prime to get another contract. I don't think he's too upset.

i.got.the.nutz
07-11-2010, 05:24 PM
I wish Durant didn't sign that extension.

Kobe
Deron
Gasol

Wade
Lebron
Bosh

Amare
Paul
Melo

DAMN!!!!

heathonater
07-11-2010, 05:29 PM
for the knicks sake, this plan better workout or else it will be awhile before they are title contenders again. its awfully risky to try to build your team around future free agents just because you never know if the players preferences will change in the future.

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 05:44 PM
It seems to me that this isnt speculation. This looks exactly like the Heat situation when it started to pick up steam. 3 friends talking about playing together....

IT HAPPENED!

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 05:47 PM
which there will be a lockout after this year so if melo wants money he will take the extension

If he pushes to be traded before the season he'll get it regardless, so the extension thing isnt a problem. He will get extended then traded or he'll get traded and we'll extend him. This nonsense about the lock out wont reflect on that the way people think. Hes gonna get that money regardless.

Even if he gets traded mid-season the team will extend him. SO the lock out means absolutely 0%

Colangelo and Gilbert swore they would not do a S&T to Miami. And they did.

What?
07-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow another superstar who everyone in NY is certain wants to play in NY as soon as he is a FA and when he becomes a FA him and another player are going to come to NY because that's were they want to play and that's were they will get the most money and create a dynasty...I have never heard that before

NY-FLmagicknick
07-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Only jersey I want to see pauls name is on the back of a knick or magic jersey.if either team can land him then it will for sure get those 3 in miami sweating. Paul is to good he would just attract top talent to the team he lands on. Paul throwing alleys to Amare or Dwight would be sick.

dimedrpr
07-11-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't know if they are up for the "challenge" of playing in NY. I loathe listening to hometown tv announcers. Trying to watch this summer league game between the Nuggets and Knicks and Clyde Frazier and his croney are saying that Lebron apparently wasn't up for the challenge of playing in NY. That they thought he was that kind of guy but apparently he couldn't deal with the media and scrutiny that he would have received in NY.

It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that he has better teammates now in Miami. I mean I didn't like the way things went down but for all of these teams that pined for Lebron and didn't get him to be acting like sore losers now is just embarassing.

ohreally
07-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Melo was born in Brooklyn. I could see it happening. The Nuggets better trade him before he bolts town.

His wife was born in Brooklyn too. Remember, the year after next the Nets will be in Brooklyn. I think it would be tough for Melo to ignore that. I can definitely see Melo coming to New York, but I have to give the edge to the Brooklyn team.

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Wow another superstar who everyone in NY is certain wants to play in NY as soon as he is a FA and when he becomes a FA him and another player are going to come to NY because that's were they want to play and that's were they will get the most money and create a dynasty...I have never heard that before

We were never certain. We hoped. The rumors flying out of Melo's camp never flew out of the Queens court. I dont remember Wade going on record in a public place that he wanted James. CP3 said this in front of NBA ownership. I think this info is a bit more reliable then anything we heard from the Queen. Last I checked when 3 guys want to play together.......

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 06:11 PM
His wife was born in Brooklyn too. Remember, the year after next the Nets will be in Brooklyn. I think it would be tough for Melo to ignore that. I can definitely see Melo coming to New York, but I have to give the edge to the Brooklyn team.

The Nets WERE better than the Knicks yesterday, they arent better than us today. I also was born and raised in Brooklyn and if the Blueprint for Success is Travis Outlaw......:facepalm:

What?
07-11-2010, 06:20 PM
We were never certain. We hoped. The rumors flying out of Melo's camp never flew out of the Queens court. I dont remember Wade going on record in a public place that he wanted James. CP3 said this in front of NBA ownership. I think this info is a bit more reliable then anything we heard from the Queen. Last I checked when 3 guys want to play together.......

You can't be certain now either. I don't get why you think its a done deal when clearly it isn't but the way you wrote this post it makes it sound like you think this has already happened and that its a ridiculous sentiment to say it might not. There is no difference between Carmelo and Lebron right now the Knicks BELIEVE that he wants to be a Knicks just like they BELIEVED Lebron wanted to play in NY for the knicks.

when has CP3 made any inclination at all even a subtle one that he wants to play for the Knicks

What?
07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
The Nets WERE better than the Knicks yesterday, they arent better than us today. I also was born and raised in Brooklyn and if the Blueprint for Success is Travis Outlaw......:facepalm:

Why because of a very small improvement at the PF and PG position.

The knicks will be fighting for a playoff spot same with the Nets

Bruno
07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Is this coming from Walshs mouth considered tampering??

Kashmir13579
07-11-2010, 06:41 PM

not unless CP3 takes 1.1 million a year to play with them. what sources are telling you chris paul is a minimum contract player?:facepalm:

Kashmir13579
07-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Why because of a very small improvement at the PF and PG position.

The knicks will be fighting for a playoff spot same with the Nets

the knicks were, and are way better than the nets

TEXASTITAN
07-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Just like they traded away 3 first rounders if you include Jhill for tmac to clear space for lebron and wade. Im sure after planning for 2 years to get james only to have it explode in your face has your fanbase all kinds of optimistic about next year. Walsh is the problem in new york i mean doesn't anyone get that yet?

TEXASTITAN
07-11-2010, 07:06 PM
not unless CP3 takes 1.1 million a year to play with them. what sources are telling you chris paul is a minimum contract player?:facepalm:

At minimum paul wont take less than 5 million a year and thats if he's really interested in a cap strapped contender. There's no way he takes 2-3 million a year to go play with lebron and wade. Pact or no pact he's coming off an injury and he's going to want to get paid first to make sure there's security for his future and his family and win second. Pre injury id say yeah his first priority is to win but i think all thats changed at this point. There's a reason the NBA has a salary cap and the reason is NOBODY wants to play against a team like the yankees in the NBA. People already think the NBA is rigged if you start assembling all star teams and screw up the balance and parity in the league it's only a matter of time before the NBA as a whole tanks completley.

What?
07-11-2010, 07:07 PM

that's debatable especially for the future

What?
07-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Also what do the Knicks have to offer Denver am just curious both there picks for next year and 2012 first are owed to the Rockets already they could trade gallo and TD i guess but then they become Miami rejects in that they are a worst version of the Miami heat top 3

Swashcuff
07-11-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055/chris-paul-thinking-big-three-on-broadway-1.2096409

According to multiple sources who attended the wedding, which was held at Cipriani on 42nd St., the common theme among the best wishes to Melo and his new bride, television personality LaLa Vazquez, was that they should consider taking up permanent residence in New York and Carmelo should take the challenge LeBron passed on with the Knicks.

Then, with a less-than-pleased Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke in attendance, Chris Paul included in his address to the happy couple that he wanted to get Carmelo to go with him to join Amar'e Stoudemire with the Knicks "and form our own Big Three."

dimedrpr
07-11-2010, 09:09 PM
1)Winning: The window for Denver to win it all has closed. Their frontcourt is decimated by injuries, they have no youthful talent to replenish the older guys(other then Lawson) or affordable contracts to trade, they have no draft picks.

2)Roster: The Knicks with a young core of Gallinari, Randolph, Walker, Felton, Tony D,Mozgov, Azu, Chandler, Jordan, Turiaf, Rautins and Stoudemire are built for the future and are the youngest, arguably the tallest and most athletic team in the NBA. Gallo, Azu, TD23 can shoot the rock from downtown as well as anyone in the game not named Ray-Ray. With someone down low to command a double team the looks will be wide open and the % will go up dramatically. Average age of the team is 24.

3)Coaching: Melo in a Phoenix type of system with STAT down low and Gallo on the wings is straight ugly! Mike may not coach defense like people say but how much D do you need scoring 120 a night? We'll address the defense in a minute.

4)Defense: The Achilles heal for years. With the additions of Randolph, Turiaf, Azu, Mozgov, Jordan to go with TD who can lock down his guy and Gallo is a lot of height to shoot over. Shot blocking which was the weakness of the Knicks is now a strength. We got 7's for days and can throw body after body out there and have like 100 fouls to hack anyone to death. The Knicks, while they dont preach D, will have plenty of players who have it in their DNA. STAT for all his defensive inconsistency can still provide intensity and the occasional blocked shot. Dont discount intensity in regards to defense. Turiaf is the poor mans Oakley.

5)Front Office: Dolans a moron but hes not cheap, Donnie is solid. He took a overpaid group of losers with 0 athletic ability and average of 26 wins a year and a 90+ million dollar payroll and turned it into a team that looks like it hasnt missed a draft in a few years. We are younger faster taller cheaper. All that in 2 years. The payroll is now 55 mil and almost every contract has a TO after the second year. We got trade assets for days and cap space to add Paul. After the Summer of 2010 not many teams can boast that. We can!

6)Financial: When was the last time you saw Melo in a commercial endorsing anything? Unlike Queen James and King Wade, Melo is under exposed. Those guys make tons of endorsement money, they dont need NYC. The market in Denver is too small and outside of Colorado hes a nobody in terms of advertising. In this case he needs us and we need him. His financial intake can double in NYC. 65 million extension will be dwarfed by the amount of money he will make on the side. He knows this. Bron and Wade didnt need this....Melo does. This is the business capitol of the World, its a fact!

7)Desire: He truly wants to be here. Unlike Bron and Wade who we were never really sure about. We had to guess about them. There is no guessing here. Melo if he was a FA today would have signed with the Knicks. His wife was born and raised here, she wants to return here as well to follow her career goals. We'll get to the family aspect in a second....

8) Family: Melo was born in NYC as was his wife. He was raised in Baltimore but chose Syracuse. During the off season him and his wife spend a lot of time in the area. They are both of Puerto Rican heritage and attend the NYC PR day parade. Try getting good PR food in Denver. You wont find a Sofrito's in Aspen. Her son Kiyan is currently living a vagabond life. He goes to school in LA then Denver during the season, If they wanted to be in Denver there would be no need for a off season home elsewhere. What mother wants that kind of instability for their children? If you are really happy your children shouldnt be up rooted every time he gets bounced from the playoffs. Did I mention out of all the exotic places in the world to get married they choose NYC? 42nd st to be exact, Cipriani's..nice place ive been there, awesome Marsala. The point is their family and friends are here they have a legitimate attachment to the area. Something which cannot be said for Wade and the Queen.

9)Collusion: Bron had Wade and now we have STAT. Reports are already surfacing Melo STAT and CP3 are plotting a Legion of Doom to go up against the Superfriends. Melo has been seen all over town with STAT in tow. Bosh followed Wade everywhere too if I remember correctly. Dont think hes not in his ear every 5 minutes to come here. Last rumor of a collusion between friends to play together turned out to be very true. And lastly.....

10)The Challenge: Playing in NYC is a challenge only the most brave can under take. Resurrecting the Knicks will not only boost careers it will boost stature and standing among the games greats. Only the people with the biggest heart and guts can play here and win. Winning here is like nothing else in the world. Ask Jeter or Rivera. Jeter can get up at 3am and go anywhere in the city at the drop of a hat and be treated like a god. Other cities can do this too but outside of LA you wont find a city that can offer as much as NYC can in terms of entertainment and excess. A winner in NYC has the world at his feet.

This isnt wishful thinking....this is gonna happen. Its just a matter of when.
Lebron was scared of his shadow, Wade wasnt leaving Miami and Bosh is...well hes Bosh and the only reason we even try for him was to get another player. The team has been assembled, the money is there, the city is waiting....Lebron couldnt take the pressure to lead so he followed. Im beginning to see it was for a reason.

NYC prodigal son is coming home and hes bringing wifey with him. Bank on it!

Wow, that must have taken you a long time to write all of this up. Not happening by the way. Melo will sign the extension with the Nuggets before the season starts. "Bank on it!"

dimedrpr
07-11-2010, 09:14 PM
The plan (sort of) as I picture it

2011 trade deadline:
Curry(expiring) + Chandler + a bench player for Carmelo.

2011 off season:
Felton(expiring) + Azubuike + role player for CP3.

Nuggets and Hornets would add something to balance the trade.

Carmelo must reject the contract renewal and make it appear that he only wants New York(maybe his wife can go say everytime on tv that's she's gonna move to New York).
So only a trade with the Knicks will be possible, or they will just let him go for free. If that's the case, Chandler will s&t with Knicks and be part of a possible Paul/D Williams trade.

Tony Parker is a much easier target than Paul or Deron imo, as he would be pushed to join the Knicks by his wife, unlike Paul and Deron who would only join for basketball reasons.

Carmelo to NYK 100% imo. Felton will only play for a year or maybe 1.5 to be trade at the deadline of 2012 as an expiring. The thing that matters is when does Carmelo join the Knicks, not if. It's gonna happen.

Knicks fans make me laugh. I would feel bad for them if they weren't so delusional. Kobe and Pau will be free agents in a few years guys. Are they both coming to your team too? Eeeesh

netsgiantsyanks
07-11-2010, 09:28 PM

:laugh2: what about when marbury said he was the best pg in the league that one time and then the knicks got their ***** whooped?? face it.....the nets have been better than the knicks for the vast majority of the 2000's and it will stay that way

nyknicks33
07-11-2010, 09:34 PM
:laugh2: what about when marbury said he was the best pg in the league that one time and then the knicks got their ***** whooped?? face it.....the nets have been better than the knicks for the vast majority of the 2000's and it will stay that way

The Nets won 12 games last season, and even IF they move to brooklyn they will be the least like NY team. Beter off staying in NJ

THE MTL
07-11-2010, 11:10 PM
I think Chris Paul & Carmelo Anthony def want to get on teams with other stars. Its a new era in the NBA!

JordansBulls
07-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Melo is going to NYC, I wish he would come to Chicago though.

hugepatsfan
07-12-2010, 12:13 AM
NYK should TRY to trade for CP3 now or next year (I think they would be willing to deal him if they knew he would just walk after the saeason, making a deal for him next year more likely). They can offer some good young pieces (Anthony Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker, Galinari - not all of them though) for him. They would, assuming they don't use it this year and let Curry expire w/out trading him for any long term salary, have enough space to sign Melo and make this deal. That's under this CBA though - we have to see the new one to be put in place for next year.

Blazers#1Fan
07-12-2010, 12:14 AM

it wont happen nor is it even possible 4 max contracts wont work

and my blazers have a better chance for a paul trade!

Miller,Batum,Bayless,Joel Pryzbilla,1st round draft pick + Cash is a better offer then what NYC can Offer

YourTeamSucks
07-12-2010, 12:22 AM
ok **** it let all the small market teams draft the best players and all the big market teams that cant draft for **** wait for them to become free agents so they try to appeal them with money and the city great all we need is another league like mlb

TheAkronHammer
07-12-2010, 12:23 AM
it wont happen nor is it even possible 4 max contracts wont work

and my blazers have a better chance for a paul trade!

Miller,Batum,Bayless,Joel Pryzbilla,1st round draft pick + Cash is a better offer then what NYC can Offer

Yeah..about that. NO,

Gallinari, Chandler, Toney Douglas/Reymond Felton + Cash and 1st Rounders is a better trade than that^

LOSER

YourTeamSucks
07-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Melo is going to NYC, I wish he would come to Chicago though.

i wish he would just stay in denver

Blazers#1Fan
07-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Yeah..about that. NO,

Gallinari, Chandler, Toney Douglas/Reymond Felton + Cash and 1st Rounders is a better trade than that^

LOSER

what are you like 13 kid your slow and dont know basketball you play to much nba live kid learn what your talking about before you speak you wouldnt know basketball if one hit you in your head

Miller>chandler 1 rebound less miller and less minutes and more APG SPG PPG miller wins
Felton,Douglas<Bayless 10 less MPG then both and scores more
Batum=gallinari .... Gallinari 10+ mpg then batum and slightly more points

Joel Pryzbilla a good center which do you even have hahaaa

MILLER & JOEL EXPIRING CONTRACTS WITH A TO FOR MILLER

Learn your facts before you come at me little guy only thing you got is 1st round pick which would be in the lottery hahaaaa i got kids who know more about basketball then you

i feel sorry for somebody who has a name AKRON HAMMER and is a knicks fan hahaaaa

Baldyy
07-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Melo should go to LA; Kobe, Melo, and Pau vs. Bron, Wade, and Bosh. Every finals would be epic

TEXASTITAN
07-12-2010, 01:23 AM
The NBA really doesn't need 1 or 2 ''all star'' teams because it takes the balance out of the league and will eventually push the small market teams under. The last thing you want is the NBA ran like MLB because the NBA can't survive like that. If enough of the small market teams go under your going to have a real problem and a league in trouble mabye 1 day you can say lebron's legacy was ruining the NBA. Super teams take the parity out of the league and take the competition out of the league and i suspect stern has to know this and the rest of the league will find a way to respond to have new rules implemented or the cap lowered to the point to where it makes this kind of thing less likley.

THE MTL
07-12-2010, 01:31 AM
The NBA really doesn't need 1 or 2 ''all star'' teams because it takes the balance out of the league and will eventually push the small market teams under. The last thing you want is the NBA ran like MLB because the NBA can't survive like that. If enough of the small market teams go under your going to have a real problem and a league in trouble mabye 1 day you can say lebron's legacy was ruining the NBA. Super teams take the parity out of the league and take the competition out of the league and i suspect stern has to know this and the rest of the league will find a way to respond to have new rules implemented or the cap lowered to the point to where it makes this kind of thing less likley.

Its an new era in the NBA. And I guarantee you that THERE WILL BE more SUPERTEAMS to come!

But you act like this aint happen b4. Look at the 80's. Celtics, Lakers, and Sixers were STACKED!!! Lakers had three Hall of famers, so did Celtics, and so did Sixers!

mRc08
07-12-2010, 01:35 AM
how can a knick fan possibly get excited about a "free agent coming in the future" after what happend this summer. As a bulls fan, i will never bank on someone coming to my team until i see the press conference.

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Yeah I see Melo going back to NY. I dunno about Paul though.

commonsense12
07-12-2010, 01:41 AM
what are you like 13 kid your slow and dont know basketball you play to much nba live kid learn what your talking about before you speak you wouldnt know basketball if one hit you in your head

Miller>chandler 1 rebound less miller and less minutes and more APG SPG PPG miller wins

Learn your facts before you come at me little guy only thing you got is 1st round pick which would be in the lottery hahaaaa i got kids who know more about basketball then you

i feel sorry for somebody who has a name AKRON HAMMER and is a knicks fan hahaaaa

Wow talk about not knowing the NBA!

Miller is 34 about to be 35 and Chandler is 23. How much longer do you think Miller is going to play? If you are trading a star you are looking at rebuilding not a year or 2. Yeah miller loses big time and its not even close.

Bayless is young and has been a bench warmer. he has not seen any real time in his short career. He does show potential but Felton is proven and he is still young also (26). Felton is better today. Bayless could be something special, but then again Felton is also young so he could be too. Bottom line is as of now Felton is better.

Pryz has zero offensive game and he is coming off a injury he is pure filler. It would be the same as Curry in a deal.

Sorry Knicks trade is way better for the future.

commonsense12
07-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Something i dont understand. Knicks cleared cap room to get better....correct? Well they are way better today then yesterday. Now they wanted to sign 2 maxes....Correct? They got one. Also besides signing Amare they used a sign and trade which if they signed LBJ they would not be able to do, to get some good young players (Randolph,Azu and Turiaf). On top of all that they got a good PG in Felton. I hardly consider this an epic fail.

It was not Lebron or bust, which a lot of people seem to think.

esewicked13
07-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Carmelo Anthony will stay in Denver!!!!!!!!!!!! He will sign sumtime before this season's all-star break!!! But I think there's a huge chance that Chris Paul could end up in NY or Miami

nanablvd
07-12-2010, 01:55 AM
I always believe Mike Dantoni's system is the main culprit behind not being able to get Lebron or Wade. That is not a system that wins.

esewicked13
07-12-2010, 01:58 AM
i wish he would just stay in denver

he will stay in denver dont worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blazers#1Fan
07-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Wow talk about not knowing the NBA!

Miller is 34 about to be 35 and Chandler is 23. How much longer do you think Miller is going to play? If you are trading a star you are looking at rebuilding not a year or 2. Yeah miller loses big time and its not even close.

Bayless is young and has been a bench warmer. he has not seen any real time in his short career. He does show potential but Felton is proven and he is still young also (26). Felton is better today. Bayless could be something special, but then again Felton is also young so he could be too. Bottom line is as of now Felton is better.

Pryz has zero offensive game and he is coming off a injury he is pure filler. It would be the same as Curry in a deal.

Sorry Knicks trade is way better for the future.

Darren collinson ...Miller expiring contact which saves hornets money pryzbilla expiring contract saves money also

stats show bayless is better then felton and is 5 years younger and has 10mg less then felton go look at facts if bayless started he would have way more ppg then felton

forgot to add rudy fernandez

tell me what team you would want i might also add the knicks cant trade felton until december!

what team is better i see team one better

Okafor
West
Batum/Pondexter
Rudy/BaylessThorton/
Collinson/Miller/Bayless

Compared to

Okafor
West/Gallinari
Gallinari/Chandler/Pondexter
Douglas/Thorton
collinson

knicksfan23
07-12-2010, 02:22 AM
so excited to see carmelo in the garden(if he does come)next are gunna be a great team in the next couple years we just have to wait for our young prospects to flourish.stars like amare will keep new yorker happy for now

Tony_Starks
07-12-2010, 03:40 AM
hate to break it to you but theres no way in hell he leaves that kinda money on the table especially with the new collective bargaining agreement looming.

SNYmets86
07-12-2010, 03:46 AM
*Seriously, us knicks fans should collectively stop with this lovefest for the best player that-is-soon-to-be-available.* :facepalm:

mynameismo
07-12-2010, 05:28 AM
I hate these so-called "Sources", especially when it talks about next year. ..Again.

BullsFan_1
07-12-2010, 05:33 AM
The balance of power would completely shift back to the Eastern Conference if this happens.

The only two stars left out west would be Kobe and Durant. (excluding guys like Reke or Mayo who could become stars, but arent there yet)

EDIT: and Deron Williams...

BronBron06
07-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Lol West still have Lakers, Mavs, Rockets, Nuggets, and Portland as their possible participants in the NBA FINALS

Arent they tough teams to beat?

BullsFan_1
07-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Lol West still have Lakers, Mavs, Rockets, Nuggets, and Portland as their possible participants in the NBA FINALS

Arent they tough teams to beat?

Well, I meant the bigger named players in particular...wasn't really trying to take shots at any team.

Derick713
07-12-2010, 05:48 AM
The Knicks will have no idea about what they can afford until a new CBA is worked out. It remains to be seen what the Nuggets and Hornets do to improve. Walsh forgets that he still has to work out an extension for Gallanari in the near future.

alencp3
07-12-2010, 06:32 AM
and yet the lakers will still win the championship every year:d

okc?

magichatnumber9
07-12-2010, 06:43 AM
If NY could pull this off they could def give the heat a challenge

12evolution 9
07-12-2010, 06:52 AM
I hope not

Like the old west? Where basically it use to be LAKERS VS SPURS VS KINGS and which ever grp won, ended up winning the finals.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-12-2010, 07:15 AM
The balance of power would completely shift back to the Eastern Conference if this happens.

The only two stars left out west would be Kobe and Durant. (excluding guys like Reke or Mayo who could become stars, but arent there yet)

EDIT: and Deron Williams...

Brandon Roy is an elite player too..

Mochalman
07-12-2010, 07:25 AM
doubtful but exciting if it did happen

mlisica19
07-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Is this what sports have delevoped into. Relying on only FA to improve ones team. I mean yeah the knicks are in a hole after isiah era but still, why are such teams going for big names to improve a team? And such teams are not even just going after one superstar to completet their already solid team, now they need 2 or 3. Well I'm going to keep believing that will not work. You do not make a team based on 2 or even 3 superstars and expect to immeidatley work well and win. You can say the celtics made it work, but that was differ. They went after a special experienced players who were gonna fit into a role, plus they were coming out of their prime years (someone no where on the same caliber as any of the top FA in this years or next years FA). Boston was still able to keep a strong bench and draft allowing them to receive role players and rondo. Teams like miami are gettin rid of their youth, their role players and their bench so they have 3 elite guys.

As for just the knicks,what makes u even think that teams wanna ply 4 u? Carmelo is expected to get a contract extension on a great team and a team he wishes to play for. With big £. Chris paul is expected to get traded toa team - and they want a shooter and draft picks and someone close to his caliber. Knicks have draft picks to give away? They have a shooter, yes In galo but that's ur best player by far. And after tht, then who will u get rid of?

ntat
07-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Didnt Melo just sign an extension for 3 years? I might be missinformed. Maybe there is a player option in there somewhere.

ntat
07-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Brandon Roy is an elite player too..

Roy is 2nd tier legit. I think elite is 1-5 or 6. Roy is somewhere between 6 and 12 in my opinion.

JordansBulls
07-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Roy is 2nd tier legit. I think elite is 1-5 or 6. Roy is somewhere between 6 and 12 in my opinion.

Agreed. Melo is borderline tier 1.

commonsense12
07-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Darren collinson ...Miller expiring contact which saves hornets money pryzbilla expiring contract saves money also

stats show bayless is better then felton and is 5 years younger and has 10mg less then felton go look at facts if bayless started he would have way more ppg then felton

forgot to add rudy fernandez

tell me what team you would want i might also add the knicks cant trade felton until december!

what team is better i see team one better

Okafor
West
Batum/Pondexter
Rudy/BaylessThorton/
Collinson/Miller/Bayless

Compared to

Okafor
West/Gallinari
Gallinari/Chandler/Pondexter
Douglas/Thorton
collinson

First you cant say bayless who plays 12 mins a game and avergaes 8 points is going to score 32 in a full game. Is he better then Roy because thats what you are saying? Next after his big months of dec and january in which he scored some upper 20-30 in a few games, he fell off considerably. I think he averaged what 5 points a game in April. Felton is also only 26 so 5 yrs older means nothing, he still has prob 10 or more yrs left in the league. Felton has proven year after year what he can do, Bayless one year in which he went cold towards the end. Was he a flash in the pants? Can he do it year after year. Who is the real bayless the player who dropped 20+ in a few games or the guy who disappeared at the end? Felton is young and proven. Plus Bayless would need to move to SG instead of PG because of Collision. Gallo and Chandler have played there already so there is no worries on if they can play there. So bottom line is stats show Felton is better and more likely to put them up year in and year out. Plus Felton is more likely to create shots for his players unlike Bayless who is questionable at best in that reguard. Bayless has potential but its still questionable what he is going to do.

Batum was inconsistent at best, towards the end of the year when he got more playing time his offensive point totals went down. Rudy's stock fell dramatically last year. He did not advance at all last year and many people think he got worse. Gallo on the other hand finished stronger and his numbers improved the last 3 months of the year. Actually towards the end he was putting up 20+ almost every game. He is also a complete mismatch as he is 6-10 and can shoot lights out. So him at SF or SG is an utter nightmare for other teams. Chandler before he got hurt last year was solid all year through. Look at his stats no huge ups and downs like Batum and Bayless had.

Gallo>Batum
Chandler>Rudy
Felton>bayless

Next if they trade Paul and thats a big if, they are looking towards the future. They can not expet Collision in his second season to take them as far as Paul. So Miller and Pryz are pointless, expirings are expirings and just that. Curry would serve the same purpose. They are looking for young talent then can take them further in the future. Chandler, Gallo, Douglass and Felton are way better then Bayless, Batum and Rudy.

So in terms of the future the Knicks trade is better for the long run. felton can also be a trade piece or he can tudor Collison to make sure he is ready to take over for the future.

Okafor
West
Gallinari
Chandler/Douglas
Felton/collinson

Okafor
West
Batum
Rudy
Collinson/Bayless

The GEEEEE Men
07-12-2010, 08:54 PM
During Carmelo Anthony's wedding Saturday night at Cipriani's on 42nd Street, Chris Paul, the superstar New Orleans point guard, predicted a future Knicks Dream Team.

According to a person who spoke with wedding attendee Amar'e Stoudemire, Paul made the reference during a speech of a potential union of himself, Stoudemire and Anthony, saying, "We'll form our own Big 3," Paul allegedly said.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AriiSfYoZwU9iuCB7hlIaOibvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTNjaDl pbm84BGEDMTAwNzEyIHNwb3J0cyBsZWJyb24gYm9vZWQgdARjc G9zAzEEZwNpZC0zMjM2NgRpbnRsA3VzBHBrZ3YDOQRwb3MDMgR zZWMDdGQtZmVhdARzbGsDdGl0bGUEc2xwb3MDRgR0ZXN0AzcwM Q--/SIG=13p0jstp3/**http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/LeBron-James-booed-at-Carmelo-Anthony-s-wedding%3Furn=nba,255384

cheetos185
07-12-2010, 09:04 PM

if your big 3 need chris paul to win championship than they are NBA's biggest joke

Jaji
07-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Isn't that tampering by saying that?

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 09:18 PM

No

cheetos185
07-12-2010, 09:19 PM

but he had balls to say it not secret plan behind the scene for years than call 5 teams to make him a offer than wait 1 week than decide he will throw a special 1hr show that everyone from south beach to sterns toilet know the answer :)

elizur
07-12-2010, 09:28 PM

and somehow, he is supposed to be the immature one/

elizur
07-12-2010, 09:31 PM
The Knicks will have no idea about what they can afford until a new CBA is worked out. It remains to be seen what the Nuggets and Hornets do to improve. Walsh forgets that he still has to work out an extension for Gallanari in the near future.

Haha, of coarse he understands this. You don't run a professional team and just forget about contracts. Or... you were joking. my bad.

fishfan79
07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I think melo will be a good fit in nyc, I don see paul going too but it is ineresting to consider

JordansBulls
07-12-2010, 10:05 PM

No