PDA

View Full Version : Zydrunas Ilgauskas is interested in re-joining LeBron James with the Heat.

JordansBulls
07-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Link (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/11/1725104/ilgauskas-interested-in-miami.html)

Cavaliers free agent center Zydrunas Ilgauskas told The Miami Herald on Saturday that he is ``looking into the option'' of rejoining James, his close friend, in Miami. Ilgauskas said he has been in contact with the Heat, making him one of a handful of veteran centers Miami has pursued in recent days.

BronBron06
07-11-2010, 09:49 AM
I hope he does join LeBron

He's a good offensive rebounder and a deadly 3 point shooter ONLY FROM THE BASELINE

xbrackattackx
07-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Nifty.

MiamiLoyal926
07-11-2010, 09:52 AM
A legit center!! Man and to think it was said Miami would not be able to create depth!

marlinsfan24
07-11-2010, 09:58 AM
This would be a great addition. However we need someone who can pound inside.

xbrackattackx
07-11-2010, 10:00 AM

That's what she said.

MiamiBoy77
07-11-2010, 10:04 AM
That's what she said.

Hahahaha stop talking about Ms.James like that!!!

MiamiLoyal926

He's only a rookie from the second round... but pittman can be that rough and tough surprise. Ilgauskas is the height in the lanes we need. If someone better is willing to take a paycut even better. Except shaq!

xbrackattackx
Hahahaha stop talking about Ms.James like that!!!

West is coming to the Heat...NOOOOoooo

handle
07-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Jeez, doesn't this guy have any self-respect? He follows LBJ around like a lost puppy.

MiamiBoy77
07-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Huh??

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 10:22 AM
good luck, he's the slowest player in the league

he can't do **** against bynum and gasol

krest213
07-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Big zzzzzzzzzzzzz

krest213
07-11-2010, 10:23 AM
We should go after kurt thomas, and ian mahimi

IAmKira
07-11-2010, 10:27 AM
another lapdog. i hope he signs wif the heats =]

magichatnumber9
07-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I thought Frankenstein was only loyal to the CAvs?

ATX
07-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Could be a decent stop gap center, but no the long term solution. I'd love to have him though. Another big body to absorb fouls against LA's front line at least.

BronBron06
07-11-2010, 10:33 AM
So if Z gonna be with the Heat, Should fans shout Z!!!! Whenever he touched the ball

LoL

Bosh is Wade's dog
Z is LeBron's dog

marlinsfan24
07-11-2010, 10:38 AM
That's what she said.

Should have seen that coming, lol

kntresistheheat
07-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I've been reading some of the post here since we got lebron, and some of you guys sound like Dan Gilbert!! Do you people have that much envy? Some of you guys are so weird, like if your team ended up with lebron you guys would not be talking this crap!!

Back to the point, Big Z would be a nice addition!

MiamiLoyal926
07-11-2010, 10:53 AM

isn't this a thread about a player joining the heat?

Why is a lakers fan coming in here and saying he can't compete with the lakers if at no momment did that lakers fan stop, consider, and fear the possibility of miami creating a supporting cast to compete and very possibly beat the lakers.

You made the comparison, not the heat fans... meaning you think they are at a level of comparison.

kntresistheheat
07-11-2010, 11:09 AM
isn't this a thread about a player joining the heat?

Why is a lakers fan coming in here and saying he can't compete with the lakers if at no momment did that lakers fan stop, consider, and fear the possibility of miami creating a supporting cast to compete and very possibly beat the lakers.

You made the comparison, not the heat fans... meaning you think they are at a level of comparison.

Its called fear....lol No but I do think they are right big z will be pretty slow against running teams, but he could match up with some centers but gasol bynum will kill him!

MiamiLoyal926
07-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Its called fear....lol No but I do think they are right big z will be pretty slow against running teams, but he could match up with some centers but gasol bynum will kill him!

Granted... bynum/gasol is better than bosh/ilgauskas... but wade/lebron is better than kobe/odom.

and bosh/ilgauskas is offensively better than bosh/anthony.

I am just saying its one step closer to filling a roster that can beat the lakers. And the lakers are the ones seeing that and retaliating quickly in fear.

miamiflorida
07-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Big Z would be great for big teams and anthony for the faster teams

BronBron06
07-11-2010, 11:40 AM
This is a really nice combination between rotation of Anthony and Big Z

It's just like Jaramio Moon and Anthony Parker, but because of stupid Mike Brown, phhhf potato head....

I hope if Eric / MASTER PAT RILEY will coach this team, They make the best decision always, that is... A FLEXIBLE ROSTER

toovey107
07-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Miami, you do realize Big Z is pretty much trash now right?

Thinking he is a legit center is beyond laughable.

stud2885
07-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Should have seen that coming, lol

THAT'S what she said

Nikeman
07-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Haters will always hate.

Lakers fans especially, coming in and saying Bynum and Gasol is better than Z and Bosh. Where do you see Heat fans saying Bosh and Z is better? No need to get defensive, we know the Lakers front court will be better than ours.

Big Z is not trash, for like the last 10 years, he's been an above average center, and I think he fits perfectly with the Heat. Why? Because he does not clog the lane up for Bosh and Wade and LBJ, we can habe him at mid-range, and kick out the ball to him and expect a bucket. Z has one of the best mid-range jumpers.

Lakers fans are beyond pissing me off now. We Heat fans have not taken many shots at your team, but you guys are constantly trying to trash the Heat. Honestly, if the Heat play the Lakers, we will own you guys. You guys talk about how Kobe is god? He almost choked away game 7 for you guys. I am sorry, but the Lakers D can NOT stop Wade and LBJ together. Maybe you can stop Bosh, but not Wade or LeBron.

KnicksorBust
07-11-2010, 11:57 AM
This is more proof that you get that stars first and fill in the pieces. Anybody whose over 30 and can't make a MLE will always :drool: to join a team like this.

Patrick Swayze
07-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Link (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/11/1725104/ilgauskas-interested-in-miami.html)

Of course he is. So am I.

Nikeman
07-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Raja Bell, Juwan Howard, Big Z, are all quality role players linked to us, along with our own Haslem and Q.

Fisher as well, but I doubt we get him

toovey107
07-11-2010, 12:02 PM
You guys have absolutely no interior defense... like what so ever.

I'm sorry but Z is beyond over the hill... you need a defensive Big, and he is far from that.

You can be excited about adding a starting C, that in reality should maybe get about 10-15 mins per game at this point in his career.

Nikeman
07-11-2010, 12:03 PM
You guys have absolutely no interior defense... like what so ever.

I'm sorry but Z is beyond over the hill... you need a defensive Big, and he is far from that.

You can be excited about adding a starting C, that in reality should maybe get about 10-15 mins per game at this point in his career.

Joel Anthony can give us some quality minutes on D man.

Avenged
I love how some fans single out an entire fan base because of one person.

Anyways, good addition for the Heat, a bit old and slow but it never hurts to have length.

Kakaroach
Yeah, you kind of figured he would be one of those veterans itching to join the super team. This would be even more sad for Cavs fans.

Nikeman
07-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Anyways, good addition for the Heat, a bit old and slow but it never hurts to have length.

Not really. Not one, but hundreds of Lakers fans have been posting **** about the Heat. Everytime I see a Laker fan post that their team is better, or the Big 3 won't mesh, or for that matter anyone, it only shows me they are scared

Avenged
07-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Not really. Not one, but hundreds of Lakers fans have been posting **** about the Heat. Everytime I see a Laker fan post that their team is better, or the Big 3 won't mesh, or for that matter anyone, it only shows me they are scared

Okay, you're right. Your team is better than the Lakers, the Heat will absolutely destroy them when they play against each other. Let's just give them the championship already because what's the point? Seriously, what do you expect?

From what I can tell, its the majority of PSD who's down talking the Heat, look around every thread. And for Heat fans to only notice Laker fans "shows me they are scared".

MiamiLoyal926
07-11-2010, 12:22 PM

I apologize for using one lakers fan as the rep for your entire fan base... this might not be the case... but there has been a lot of hate from many fans.

The Raven
07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Is this guy ever going to stop suckin Lebron's big one? He's like a child that has to follow his mother around everywhere

Avenged
07-11-2010, 12:25 PM
I apologize for using one lakers fan as the rep for your entire fan base... this might not be the case... but there has been a lot of hate from many fans.

And that's where I'm getting at with the other Heat fan.

It's not only Laker fans "hating" but for some reason (whatever it may be), we're the only ones who get singled out. :shrug:

Hellcrooner
07-11-2010, 12:26 PM
as ong as tey dont sign B Miller or Shaq im totally for It.

Parew BySol Destruction!!!!!!!!!

lakers4sho
07-11-2010, 12:27 PM
How is the Pat Riley creating cap space out of nowhere?

MiamiLoyal926
07-11-2010, 12:28 PM
as ong as tey dont sign B Miller or Shaq im totally for It.

Parew BySol Destruction!!!!!!!!!

sorry but what does your sig mean?? are for or against the heat?

MiamiLoyal926
How is the Pat Riley creating cap space out of nowhere?

jedi mind tricks

amit8700
As a Magic fan, it would be a smart signing for Miami. Not like they are going to need him to play 35 minutes a night. He's good in the pick and roll in a sense where he can roll and shoot the mid-range. He's a liability defensively now that he's old, but he'll be able to grab a couple rebounds here and there. He's not an answer to Dwight Howard or anything, but not many can guard him anyway. It would be a good signing to get some height and depth for Miami though.

MiamiLoyal926
07-11-2010, 12:30 PM
actually ilgauskas would be coming for the veteran minimum which means cap does not matter.

C_Mund
07-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Haters will always hate.

Lakers fans especially, coming in and saying Bynum and Gasol is better than Z and Bosh. Where do you see Heat fans saying Bosh and Z is better? No need to get defensive, we know the Lakers front court will be better than ours.

Big Z is not trash, for like the last 10 years, he's been an above average center, and I think he fits perfectly with the Heat. Why? Because he does not clog the lane up for Bosh and Wade and LBJ, we can habe him at mid-range, and kick out the ball to him and expect a bucket. Z has one of the best mid-range jumpers.

Lakers fans are beyond pissing me off now. We Heat fans have not taken many shots at your team, but you guys are constantly trying to trash the Heat. Honestly, if the Heat play the Lakers, we will own you guys. You guys talk about how Kobe is god? He almost choked away game 7 for you guys. I am sorry, but the Lakers D can NOT stop Wade and LBJ together. Maybe you can stop Bosh, but not Wade or LeBron.

This is true, but there's been some accidental baiting by heat fans. Almost every thread I've gone into since the decision have stated "haters gonna hate" or "let the hate start."
As a raps fan it sucks that we lost our best player but I wish CB well. I just don't like to be called a hater in the OP when I haven't even been able to reply to the topic.
It's just that this scenario is historically unprecedented, and it although I'm not happy with it I can deal with it until I'm told that I'm a hater for defending my position.
..sorry for quoting YOU on this, because I know you're talking to the lakers fans (plus you didn't say ANYTHING wrong at all) just responding to everything, ya know? Just needed to get that off my chest. Way off topic. Sorry.
End of rant.
I feel bad for cavs fans because last year Ilgauskas was traded, waived and re-signed under the pretence that he was one of Cleveland's most beloved sports figures ever, but as soon as Lebron goes he's gone. It's just showing how much power the players have and what they're willing to do to get a ring. Where's the loyalty?
Personally, I love big Z and I'd much rather that he win a ring over some other 'chip chaser, but if he does I really hope that he has the class to go back to the cavs to finish his career because he's been shown a lot of love by that city.

ABOMB_56
07-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Haters will always hate.

This. Well to some of the Laker fans at least.
In every thread, I see a few Laker fans say the Heat are so cocky and say how sweet it will be to beat the Super team etc etc. I'm non-biased because I like neither the Lakers nor the Heat, but I find it comical that you guys (Laker Fans) are calling another fan-base cocky, yet most of your posts are spent bashing them and/or saying how nice it will be to beat them next year

justinnum1
07-11-2010, 12:46 PM
You people have no idea what kind of bench we will have:laugh: I feel bad for the lakers fans, bask in your most recent championship, it will be a while till you guys see another one.

ABOMB_56
07-11-2010, 12:49 PM
This is true, but there's been some accidental baiting by heat fans. Almost every thread I've gone into since the decision have stated "haters gonna hate" or "let the hate start."
As a raps fan it sucks that we lost our best player but I wish CB well. I just don't like to be called a hater in the OP when I haven't even been able to reply to the topic.
It's just that this scenario is historically unprecedented, and it although I'm not happy with it I can deal with it until I'm told that I'm a hater for defending my position.
..sorry for quoting YOU on this, because I know you're talking to the lakers fans (plus you didn't say ANYTHING wrong at all) just responding to everything, ya know? Just needed to get that off my chest. Way off topic. Sorry.
End of rant.
I feel bad for cavs fans because last year Ilgauskas was traded, waived and re-signed under the pretence that he was one of Cleveland's most beloved sports figures ever, but as soon as Lebron goes he's gone. It's just showing how much power the players have and what they're willing to do to get a ring. Where's the loyalty?
Personally, I love big Z and I'd much rather that he win a ring over some other 'chip chaser, but if he does I really hope that he has the class to go back to the cavs to finish his career because he's been shown a lot of love by that city.

Well, Big Z isn't that young anymore, I believe he is like 35 or 36 so this is the twilight of his career. It's not like he is 25, following Lebron. He probably has maybe 2 years left before he hangs them up. But, I don't get the hate for being a 'chip chaser. I mean if you hold Z to this regard, what about Malone or Payton who went to LA to try and win a championship with Kobe and Shaq?

C_Mund
07-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Well, Big Z isn't that young anymore, I believe he is like 35 or 36 so this is the twilight of his career. It's not like he is 25, following Lebron. He probably has maybe 2 years left before he hangs them up. But, I don't get the hate for being a 'chip chaser. I mean if you hold Z to this regard, what about Malone or Payton who went to LA to try and win a championship with Kobe and Shaq?

Haha, well I hate Malone more than anybody in the history of bball, so it didn't matter what team he played on.
'Chip chasing in general annoys me, but there are circumstances where it's not the worst thing. Again, the Z situation ONLY bothers me because of the circumstances of last years' trade-waive-re-sign, which is a turrible rule in my opinion (if traded, you shouldn't be able to re-sign with your original team until after the season). But he was billeted to be a Cleveland hero yet as soon as Lebron moves on so does Z. It just makes the whole "waiving a player just traded so he can re-sign" rule look even worse. I was trying to make more of a comment on that.
In general, if you've put in your time and want to play a role on a contender, then great. I can't hate on that. But there's a reason that there's only a few contenders a year, and that's because players follow the talent around like a puppy. Again, I'm a raps fan (I know, I know, woe is me) so it's just tough to watch veterans that could play a big role on our team and make decent coin sit on the bench for a team like the spurs or celts just to get a ring. Disparity in the NBA is reaching an all-time high.
But for Z....go for it mang.

northsider
07-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I can say I haven't hated on the situation as much as most or do I really care good for the heat but, you fans are just getting way to cocky and if there is one thing I did know about the Heat fans in PSD is there wasn't allot of you and now there is quite a few.

97NYer
07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Finish your career in Cleveland you lousy shmuck.

AI4MVP
07-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Fisher
Wade
James
Bosh
Z

wow

id love to see people try to hate on that

krazylegz
07-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Jeez, doesn't this guy have any self-respect? He follows LBJ around like a lost puppy.

you do know that z was with the cavs before bron right??...and bron should be the one answering this question,dont ya think??...except..take LBJ out and put dwayne and bosh

MrBigShotBWill
07-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Big Z's days are done. Yes he is 7'3 He can hit the 18 footer. BUT

Hes maybe the slowest center in NBA. You ever wonder why he got no run vs Celts in second round. and Cavs had Shaq.......

If he goes to the heat yea they have a big guy. That's about it I don't see him running and gunning.

dtmagnet
07-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Z barely played last year, what makes you think he has any use whatsoever?

Catfish1314
07-11-2010, 04:25 PM
This would piss off Cavs fans even more because they love him in Cleveland.

Between him and Anthony, I still don't know if that would cut it at center. Z can space the floor with his range but he's usesless defensively.

LayZbone
07-11-2010, 04:52 PM
This would piss off Cavs fans even more because they love him in Cleveland.

Between him and Anthony, I still don't know if that would cut it at center. Z can space the floor with his range but he's usesless defensively.

Joel Anthony is a pretty good defender, but he's undersized. If Zeke weren't 7'3", I'd say "keep him away from our team". Kurt Thomas is another name getting tossed around. Shaq and Brad Miller are long shots.

Truheatfan
07-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Okay, you're right. Your team is better than the Lakers, the Heat will absolutely destroy them when they play against each other. Let's just give them the championship already because what's the point? Seriously, what do you expect?

From what I can tell, its the majority of PSD who's down talking the Heat, look around every thread. And for Heat fans to only notice Laker fans "shows me they are scared".

everyone is talking crap so lakers fans arent the only 1 getting "noticed" lakers have the best chance of beating us everyone elses team is on the outside looking in and i personally have been sick of lakers fans since they got gasol and even more so after they got artest. i hate kobe! lakers fans hate lebron and now the heat! do i think that we can beat the lakers yes does that mean it WILL happen no.

people are making stupid comments on bothe sides and will continue to do so until 1 team beats the other in which case it will be rubbed in that teams face! kobe is not dropping 50 on us every game which i heard some moron say :crazy: and were not blowing out the lakers by any means! but no way in hell im scared of the lakers and lakers arent scared of us both fan bases will continue to talk smack for the whole season but lets not claim that 1 team is scared of the other cause thats BS! so no were not singling out lakers fans we've just been sick of you longer than you've been sick of us!

Catfish1314
07-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Joel Anthony is a pretty good defender, but he's undersized. If Zeke weren't 7'3", I'd say "keep him away from our team". Kurt Thomas is another name getting tossed around. Shaq and Brad Miller are long shots.

Right they complement each other but neither one is a full-time starter now. Ilgauskas is past that and I think Anthony could use some more seasoning.

Granted, Kendrick Perkins wasn't ready in 2008 either.

And I would nab Kurt Thomas immediately for his post defense. That way Miami would have 3 guys who aren't full time starters but together, could man the position well enough.

tmacsc2
07-11-2010, 05:01 PM
who isnt interested in joining the heat???seriously come on!

phoenix_bladen
07-11-2010, 05:03 PM
they should get the whole roster on the cavs to go to the heat as well!

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 05:03 PM

I agree. Bgi Z isnt a bad player, but he's not gonna bang down low. He wants to take an outside jumper. Im not saying this wont be a good signing, but they should look at somebody else, because they have no [post threat and Z isnt gonna give it to you.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 05:04 PM
i knew he would, yea that would definitely be a GREAT move

cle12152433
07-11-2010, 05:05 PM
It will be tough for Z to start....Hes old....

Dwight will trash him there just like he did when Z was in Cleveland...

daleja424
07-11-2010, 05:07 PM
what is all this talk of there not being a lot of HEAT fans!?!?!?!

Yes a lot of people will join the bandwagon now, but the HEAT forum is the fifth most active on psd. We have always had a good sized fan base on here.

CountSackula
07-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Damn! Talk about overkill on CLE. :laugh2:

Cbast09
07-11-2010, 05:11 PM
what is all this talk of there not being a lot of HEAT fans!?!?!?!

Yes a lot of people will join the bandwagon now, but the HEAT forum is the fifth most active on psd. We have always had a good sized fan base on here.

Yes :clap:

cle12152433
07-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Damn! Talk about overkill on CLE. :laugh2:

Nah....We dont really want him back....

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 05:23 PM
hahahahah dont want him back?!?!? you guys need to stop worrying about the nba right about now in cleveland

majestic
07-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe you can stop Bosh, but not Wade or LeBron.

artest can defend lebron, kobe can shut down wade.. pretty simple heat bandwagoner.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-11-2010, 05:34 PM
It seems like anyone who is tied to the Heat is being shitted on.

Even Fisher is being discredited by Laker fans.

Avenged
07-11-2010, 05:44 PM
everyone is talking crap so lakers fans arent the only 1 getting "noticed" lakers have the best chance of beating us everyone elses team is on the outside looking in and i personally have been sick of lakers fans since they got gasol and even more so after they got artest. i hate kobe! lakers fans hate lebron and now the heat! do i think that we can beat the lakers yes does that mean it WILL happen no.

people are making stupid comments on bothe sides and will continue to do so until 1 team beats the other in which case it will be rubbed in that teams face! kobe is not dropping 50 on us every game which i heard some moron say :crazy: and were not blowing out the lakers by any means! but no way in hell im scared of the lakers and lakers arent scared of us both fan bases will continue to talk smack for the whole season but lets not claim that 1 team is scared of the other cause thats BS! so no were not singling out lakers fans we've just been sick of you longer than you've been sick of us!

Considering your fan base is the one who keeps saying we're scared, I think I have the right (and Laker fans as well) to say the same thing to your fan base without anyone getting offended.

Since you've been "sick of us longer" than we've been sick of you, where was all the hatred by your fan base before? All of a sudden you guys are legitimate and all the trash talking towards the Lakers begin. :shrug:

And yes, Kobe may not drop 50 points all the time against the Heat but the Heat aren't winning 7+ championships "which I heard some moron say".

It goes hand in hand, the trash talk will continue, it's only natural. But again, to single out a fan base when the ones who are trash talking the Heat include pretty much EVERYONE on PSD is kind of low.

RocketPower2010
07-11-2010, 05:59 PM
For the ppl that say Big Z is slow and soft. True, but hey, last I checked dude was 7 foot 3 and the most fluent catch and shoot jump shot I've ever seen. With the Big 3 it's not like he needs to post up or drive to the basket to score.

Another thing, Laker fans that say that Artest and Kobe can completedly shut down players...I can't help but chuckle. If you play the game of basketball, you would know that on average a player has much more versatility and weapons on the offensive end than on the defensive end. If players are of the similar skill level, then the offensive player ALWAYS have the edge. Sure, defensive specialists can give offensive players a hard time, but to say that is the same as shutting down is just plain ignorant. Laker fans, think back to how well Battier defended Kobe and Kobe still drops 30 and Battier called it a good game on his part...is exactly what I'm talking about. I'll even give you guys Kobe as the #1 player in the league. I hope in exchange you will admit that LeBron and Wade are undisputed 2 and 3. To say that the 2 and 3 players in the league will be shut down by ANY 2 defensive specialists in the league is just stupid. Likewise, as well as a perimeter defender that DWade is, how would u react if I said he can shut Kobe down?

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 06:07 PM
For the ppl that say Big Z is slow and soft. True, but hey, last I checked dude was 7 foot 3 and the most fluent catch and shoot jump shot I've ever seen. With the Big 3 it's not like he needs to post up or drive to the basket to score.

Another thing, Laker fans that say that Artest and Kobe can completedly shut down players...I can't help but chuckle. If you play the game of basketball, you would know that on average a player has much more versatility and weapons on the offensive end than on the defensive end. If players are of the similar skill level, then the offensive player ALWAYS have the edge. Sure, defensive specialists can give offensive players a hard time, but to say that is the same as shutting down is just plain ignorant. Laker fans, think back to how well Battier defended Kobe and Kobe still drops 30 and Battier called it a good game on his part...is exactly what I'm talking about. I'll even give you guys Kobe as the #1 player in the league. I hope in exchange you will admit that LeBron and Wade are undisputed 2 and 3. To say that the 2 and 3 players in the league will be shut down by ANY 2 defensive specialists in the league is just stupid. Likewise, as well as a perimeter defender that DWade is, how would u react if I said he can shut Kobe down?

Nobody is saying that Kobe and Ron can shut down those two and if they are, they're stupid. Nobody is gonna lock those two down, but you have to limit them and I believe they can do that. LA has shown great team defense in the playoffs and they will need it, but its not impossible, especially since we have'nt seen these guys play yet. The Heat are gonna have a hard time guarding Kobe, because Wade and Lebron arent great defenders. maybe since theyw ill actually have to guard, they will be better, but they havent shown that yet, except Lebron blocking would be layups.

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Considering your fan base is the one who keeps saying we're scared, I think I have the right (and Laker fans as well) to say the same thing to your fan base without anyone getting offended.

Since you've been "sick of us longer" than we've been sick of you, where was all the hatred by your fan base before? All of a sudden you guys are legitimate and all the trash talking towards the Lakers begin. :shrug:

And yes, Kobe may not drop 50 points all the time against the Heat but the Heat aren't winning 7+ championships "which I heard some moron say".

It goes hand in hand, the trash talk will continue, it's only natural. But again, to single out a fan base when the ones who are trash talking the Heat include pretty much EVERYONE on PSD is kind of low.

I understand why Heat fans are excited and they should be, but they are so big headed right now its crazy. Anything somebody says about them, which is Guarding Bosh, Wade or Lebron or they havent played a game, they take as a slap in the face and try attacking people. These guys arent kings yet, especially since they havent played a game yet, so people are going to crown them yet, especially with LA being so damn good and are the 2 time defending champs. Heat fans were so humble before Lebron, but now they're acting like fools, well some of them are. They're still some good ones out there.

RocketPower2010
07-11-2010, 06:15 PM
My point exactly. But some Laker fans are going on about how Lebron and Wade will be shut down by Artest and Kobe so I had to clarify.

Wade is a great perimeter defender that doesnt get half the credits he deserve. Lebron is a bit shaky but we've all seen highlights of his help defense (chase down blocks).

Also don't forget that LeBron, Wade and Bosh have all been targets of double team their entire career. 3 players X 2 double team per = 6 ppl and teams can only play with 5. While you can argue that Kobe, Artest and Gasol do not need to double team, if you have coached basketball you would know that NOT having the luxury to know you CAN double team is a BIG loss. And coaching is half of the game. Teams around the league need to bolster up their rotating help defense, or I see one of the 3 going big every night.

TEXASTITAN
07-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Doesn't really matter Yao is going to eat up whoever you have down low while martin and brooks and scola are going to put up points while battier and ariza work on wade and lebron. You don't match up with Houston,La,Denver,Orlando,Chicago,Boston teams with great inside presence and athletic shooters on the outside to spread you out.

RocketPower2010
07-11-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm the biggest Rocket fan in the world, but what u just posted was idiotic.

1. We don't know who the starting point guard is yet for the Heat. For Brooks to light up an imaginary figure is...an irresponsible comment.

2. Battier lost not one but two steps last year. To think that he can keep up with either LeBron or Wade is....

3. Ariza is an overated defender who is athletic but not nearly as much as LeBron or DWade.

4. Yao will eat up the inside...from the outside!!!! Haha I love Yao Ming til the day I die, but even I will wait to see how well he readjust before making any comment. With my entire heart I hope that he gets back to his all-star form, but until then, I keep my mouth shut.

5. Scola is a good PF but not better than Bosh, I don't know what else to say. Also we havn't even locked him up yet.

6. Kmart need to gain more weight.

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
My point exactly. But some Laker fans are going on about how Lebron and Wade will be shut down by Artest and Kobe so I had to clarify.

Wade is a great perimeter defender that doesnt get half the credits he deserve. Lebron is a bit shaky but we've all seen highlights of his help defense (chase down blocks).

Also don't forget that LeBron, Wade and Bosh have all been targets of double team their entire career. 3 players X 2 double team per = 6 ppl and teams can only play with 5. While you can argue that Kobe, Artest and Gasol do not need to double team, if you have coached basketball you would know that NOT having the luxury to know you CAN double team is a BIG loss. And coaching is half of the game. Teams around the league need to bolster up their rotating help defense, or I see one of the 3 going big every night.

I agree. thats where team defense comes in and we've shown that it can be very strong, as the Celtics saw. Im prtty sure we're not gonna have to double Bosh, though we wont double team, we'll have some sort of help defense set up. Yea Wade is ok with it, but not enough to guard the likes of Kobe. Big thing that the Heat are gonna have to answer is their big man. I know Heat fans dont like it being brought up, they're gonna need it. Dwight Howard, Bynum and Gasol will have a field day if Big Z is or even Jole Anthony is guarding them, because Bosh is so skinny. I didnt notice it until he was in that suit, he looked like he just smoked a rock before getting on camera lol.

Scalphunter13
07-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Big Z did a real good job guarding D12 in the ECF last year...............I hope he goes to the heat. I think the heat are going to be hurting against teams with size. The thing about bosh is that he isn't a power post guy, I can see him having trouble trying to guard guys like Gasol.

JordansBulls
07-12-2010, 08:35 AM

You should be furious though. Bosh left Toronto to go there, why would you support Miami now?

Chronz
07-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Im pretty sure you have enough inside scorers, you need someone who can make shots from different zones on the floor that will be available because of those great slashers more than you need a banger who will only clog the lane for Wade, Bosh and Bron

JordansBulls
07-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Im pretty sure you have enough inside scorers, you need someone who can make shots from different zones on the floor that will be available because of those great slashers more than you need a banger who will only clog the lane for Wade, Bosh and Bron

Exactly, you just need someone who can hit shots and defend as the center with that team. Perkins is a good example.

Cromedome
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM

You should be mad that Bosh left the Raptors because your knees must be killing you by now.

justinnum1
07-12-2010, 01:40 PM
artest can defend lebron, kobe can shut down wade.. pretty simple heat bandwagoner.

:facepalm:

handle
07-12-2010, 01:41 PM
you do know that z was with the cavs before bron right??...and bron should be the one answering this question,dont ya think??...except..take LBJ out and put dwayne and bosh

Yeah, I know. But then CLE released him and Z wanted to come back apparently because he loved CLE so much, but in reality, it wasn't about Cleveland, it was because his butt-buddy LeBron was on the team. To prove this, LeBron goes to MIA and suddenly Z wants to go there as well. LBJ, Bosh, Z... they're all dipshits.

footballer2369
07-12-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=wadedw01

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=artesro01&p2=jamesle01

ya, looks like kobe and ron have their way with wade and lebron...

Chronz
07-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I know. But then CLE released him and Z wanted to come back apparently because he loved CLE so much, but in reality, it wasn't about Cleveland, it was because his butt-buddy LeBron was on the team. To prove this, LeBron goes to MIA and suddenly Z wants to go there as well. LBJ, Bosh, Z... they're all dipshits.

Seriously just stop, you have no idea the kind of man Z is, hes a warm hearted individual and a great humanitarian, its like hating Dikembe Mutombo. Your proof is flawed, he still loves Cleveland for all that they have done, but hes going to end his career with a contender, not Cleveland.

what54!?
07-12-2010, 01:51 PM
eh I take him as a back up big

J4KOP99
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
There is no reason, that under any circumstances, a Zydrunas Illgauskas thread should go over 2 pages.

Who cares if he goes to the Heat? He is old and can only shoot mid-range jumpers. He isn't going to bang around in the paint with anyone and can't rebound.

8kobe24
07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
:facepalm:

:facepalm:??? What he said made sense, I agree that Kobe/Artest matches up well vs. wade/james.

TylerSL
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM

lol obviously a lakers fan would say that

TylerSL
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
:facepalm:??? What he said made sense, I agree that Kobe/Artest matches up well vs. wade/james.

the Wade James combo would own Kobe/Artest nothing against Kobe not his fault but Artest is not good (for the NBA)! sure hes a good defender but thats it LBJ is the best player in the league at getting to the rim even if Artest is a good defender LBJ would go through him around him past him and everything else so Wade/James>Kobe/Artest

eibbor
07-12-2010, 02:02 PM
There is no reason, that under any circumstances, a Zydrunas Illgauskas thread should go over 2 pages.

Who cares if he goes to the Heat? He is old and can only shoot mid-range jumpers. He isn't going to bang around in the paint with anyone and can't rebound.

FAIL

At this point they just need a C that can stand there and hold there arms up for the most part. lol

Also, he might be old buy he is durable.

Besides, he will draw others teams bigs out of the paint and open it up for, ya know, those other fellas they got...

Platinumdjmix
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Lol @ Miamiloyal your a trip man

b0nk
07-12-2010, 02:18 PM
maybe Z was also banging Lebron's mom

h2r09
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
FAIL

At this point they just need a C that can stand there and hold there arms up for the most part. lol

Besides, he will draw others teams bigs out of the paint and open it up for, ya know, those other fellas they got...

this. with joel starting and being an amazing defender and z coming off the bench that is fine for the time being whike finding a banger down low over the course of the season.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=wadedw01

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=artesro01&p2=jamesle01

ya, looks like kobe and ron have their way with wade and lebron...

kobe does well against dwade but......

ron does NOT by any stretch shut down lebron

bringinwood
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
No one in the league can "stop" LeBron, Wade or Kobe...

Artest is just a shell of his former self...

He looked cracked out in the finals...

You have Kobe and Artest who actually played with each other last season... Imagine LeBron and Wade playing with each other...

Throw Bosh in the middle and you have three players that will command doubles...

What are you going to do ???

Kobe is the only player in LA that commands a double team...

kblo247
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
You people have no idea what kind of bench we will have:laugh: I feel bad for the lakers fans, bask in your most recent championship, it will be a while till you guys see another one.

I guarantee you they won't get swept in the first round trying to defend it :D

kblo247
07-12-2010, 02:39 PM
No one in the league can "stop" LeBron, Wade or Kobe...

Artest is just a shell of his former self...

He looked cracked out in the finals...

You have Kobe and Artest who actually played with each other last season... Imagine LeBron and Wade playing with each other...

Throw Bosh in the middle and you have three players that will command doubles...

What are you going to do ???

Kobe is the only player in LA that commands a double team...

Bynum has never needed help covering Bosh from Pau or Odom :facepalm:

Lakeshow86
07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I dont see how they can afford to pay him unless he takes 1.8 million vets minium. Big z is worth more alot more than that.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I dont see how they can afford to pay him unless he takes 1.8 million vets minium. Big z is worth more alot more than that.

i wouldnt count that option out though.. you know z wants that ring like the rest

J4KOP99
07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
FAIL

Well, he can hold his arms up, so I guess that will help. He won't draw big men out, as he will rarely get the ball and when he does, he won't be shooting. Stop living in a perfect world here, Illgauskus is trash at this point.

Obviously the Heat don't have the money to bring in a solid big man but don't turn this into some genius move by the Heat because he can "draw other teams bigs out of the paint."

He started 6 games and played in 64, his load is clearly decreasing and their are way too many people on here overrating the hell out of him.

fresh prince
07-12-2010, 02:50 PM

Its post like this that leads to the baiting / "hating". Why would you feel bad for Laker Fans?

We are the reigning NBA Champions. Thats like saying "Dude I feel bad for you..You just banged Megan Fox but you probably never will again".

For a team that currently has 4-5 players on their team to already make statements like this is riddiculous.

Should Heat fans be giddy about the Big 3? Hell Yea... But guaranteeing a championship (4, 5, 6, 7 in a row) and calling out the current back to back Champs is premature and just foolish.

You cats havent even filled the roster or played a game yet. Having some humility and not being so fanatical would go along way to keep things chill.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:52 PM
i think the word trash is a little harsh... z is no beast by any stretch but he's also no dampier

Chronz
07-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Well, he can hold his arms up, so I guess that will help. He won't draw big men out, as he will rarely get the ball and when he does, he won't be shooting. Stop living in a perfect world here, Illgauskus is trash at this point.
LOL wtf, so your saying the driving lanes/passing angles for Bron were the same whether he was PnR with Shaq or whether it was Big Z? You cant be serious, look I know Laker/NY stans want to downplay every move the Heat make but trying to turn a players strength into a non-existent aspect takes you into a whole new category of hate. Then again maybe your not a hater, just lacking in BBIQ. Since when does a designated outlet option NEED THE BALL TO SPACE THE FLOOR? He will draw out bigmen when he doesnt have the ball and if he doesnt he will GET THE BALL, CATCH AND SHOOT. Its what hes done for years now, where have you been?

Obviously the Heat don't have the money to bring in a solid big man but don't turn this into some genius move by the Heat because he can "draw other teams bigs out of the paint."
Its a move in the RIGHT direction and hes far from trash. How many 7"3 bigmen possess his IQ and can shoot like him? If you say l just him, then he does serve a purpose.

He started 6 games and played in 64, his load is clearly decreasing and their are way too many people on here overrating the hell out of him.
Like who? Certainly not the guy your quoting

fishfan79
07-12-2010, 03:42 PM
He is a nice pickup if he comes at the min, he lives down here and would fit in well. Add in Anthony back as a defensive player and shot blocker and I could live with it.

He wont the focal point of the team of course even being the 5th or 6th options are unlikely but he is a nice garbage point guy and rebounder for us. Bring them in, plus perhaps he can work with pittman. At this point I wouldnt be surprised if Zo announces he wants to make a comeback for 10 minutes a night.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 03:44 PM
He is a nice pickup if he comes at the min, he lives down here and would fit in well. Add in Anthony back as a defensive player and shot blocker and I could live with it.

He wont the focal point of the team of course even being the 5th or 6th options are unlikely but he is a nice garbage point guy and rebounder for us. Bring them in, plus perhaps he can work with pittman. At this point I wouldnt be surprised if Zo announces he wants to make a comeback for 10 minutes a night.

ok.. do you guys have any idea how good pittman might be?!? ive been watvhing him closely and i was shocked he fell that far... he's gonna be a nice player n the nba and big really could teach him some stuff along with bosh of course

Nikeman
07-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Its post like this that leads to the baiting / "hating". Why would you feel bad for Laker Fans?

We are the reigning NBA Champions. Thats like saying "Dude I feel bad for you..You just banged Megan Fox but you probably never will again".

For a team that currently has 4-5 players on their team to already make statements like this is riddiculous.

Should Heat fans be giddy about the Big 3? Hell Yea... But guaranteeing a championship (4, 5, 6, 7 in a row) and calling out the current back to back Champs is premature and just foolish.

You cats havent even filled the roster or played a game yet. Having some humility and not being so fanatical would go along way to keep things chill.

Before calling out Heat fans, go and tell your fellow Laker fans to shut the **** up.

Ever since we have gotten the Big 3, you guys have constantly talked **** about our team, coming into our forums and say the Heat won't win anything. Look at the first few threads of this topic. laker fans coming in and saying Bynum and Gasol are better than Bosh and Z. Where do you see Heat fans saying that Z and Bosh are better?

I admit the Lakers are better, but you guys are getting old man, and your window is closing.

Your hero in Mr. Bryant, a player I have always liked, almost choked away game 7 for you guys. The Lakers had so much trouble against Pierce, KG and Allen, a Big 3 on the downside of the career. Now I know that you will say Rondo was the most important part, but he did not do much that series. The Heat may have LBJ at point, with Miller at SF.

J4KOP99
07-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Before calling out Heat fans, go and tell your fellow Laker fans to shut the **** up.

Ever since we have gotten the Big 3, you guys have constantly talked **** about our team, coming into our forums and say the Heat won't win anything. Look at the first few threads of this topic. laker fans coming in and saying Bynum and Gasol are better than Bosh and Z. Where do you see Heat fans saying that Z and Bosh are better?

I admit the Lakers are better, but you guys are getting old man, and your window is closing.

Your hero in Mr. Bryant, a player I have always liked, almost choked away game 7 for you guys. The Lakers had so much trouble against Pierce, KG and Allen, a Big 3 on the downside of the career. Now I know that you will say Rondo was the most important part, but he did not do much that series. The Heat may have LBJ at point, with Miller at SF.

This is the argument I do not understand. The Celtics are getting older, but what does that mean if they are still playing well? Age means absolutely nothing unless it actually effects you. In the Celtics case, it didn't effect them at all.

You say the Lakers barely beat them. Well, The Magic, Cavs and Heat all LOST to the Celtics because they were ****ing good. Just because we all thought they were too old doesn't mean anything. We were wrong. The Celtics were not some sort of Cinderella team just because people on PSD wrote them off, they have been in the finals two out of the past 3 years. The one year they didn't make it, Garnett was out.

The Lakers were the only team in the playoffs to beat the Celtics after the Celtics went through the two best teams in the NBA, record wise.

Are the Lakers really getting "old," man? Or do you just want them to get old, man? Clearly they are increasing in age, as all human beings do over time but what makes you think it will effect them? If Kobe almost "choking" away a game 7 while out-rebounding the Celtics 3,4 and 5 players is your argument, the rest of the NBA is in trouble.

But, as you asked, I will now, shut the **** up.

JordansBulls
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm wondering though, because Big Z can't run with these guys.

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Every shallow, yellow belly coward is going to try to ride coat tails with this team. Maybe Allan Houston will come back to play with them.