PDA

View Full Version : How quickly people forget...

Adek011
07-11-2010, 04:34 AM
I can't believe everyone is writing Kobe in as the "White Knight" after LeBron chooses to join the Heat. Now Kobe is on the same platform and conversation as MJ where before LeBron chose the Heat, people thought it was ridiculous to consider Kobe in the same stratosphere as MJ. Everyone acts as if LeBron did something unforgivable by going to the Heat. While I don't condone the process/action (staging a 1hr special on espn) you cannot fault the guy for the decision he made. He looked at it from a pure basketball perspective and said "where can I win the most rings?" The man wants to win, simple. How quickly everyone forgot that Kobe was crying about a trade from the Lakers when they were barely making the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round. Now he's the great leader that has five rings? Give me a break. The only reason he has five rings is because Pau Gasol was gift wrapped by Jerry West and personally delivered to the Lakers. If the Pau for Kwame (yes Kwame) trade never occurred you think Kobe would have those additional TWO rings? I highly doubt it. I think Kobe would have pulled another temper tantrum and ask for another trade. How can you possibly say that Kobe was willing to stick it out with the Lakers through the bad when it is plain and obvious that he wanted out when things got rough. Same thing with LeBron. He saw how crappy the Cavs were going to be next year. When the next best player is a 33+ year old pf who mainly shoots 3 pointers you don't exactly get a good feeling about your chances to win a championship. So you can bash Lebron all you want about being scared, but take a look at the so called "white knight" of the nba.

Personally, I think it's great players are finally taking their careers in their own hands instead of leaving it to bumbling GMs who have no clue how to run a team. Gay for the max contract, Darko gets 20 million, Joe Johnson gets $120 million? I would rather have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh want to win so badly that they are willing to sacrifice shots, glory and on a smaller scale money.

J-Relo
07-11-2010, 04:37 AM
agree^

stawka
07-11-2010, 04:40 AM
Welcome to PSD - the place where haters hate and the truth is covered by a blinding light called yepp... You guessed it: Hate

cmellofan15
07-11-2010, 04:43 AM
lost cause. people are gonna hate LeBron because they're afraid he'll finally get the rings and be a lot more successful.

TheGsw
07-11-2010, 04:47 AM
in before close

OrangeDolphin
07-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Calm down, Kobe wanted to be traded or trade for someone. And they didn't just give up Kwame. They also gave up the rights to Marc Gasol who is pretty good. I don't blame LBJ for leaving tho. He needed to get out of that death trap. But now he just went and created another one. No draft picks for like 3 years, NO really money to get good role players, and NO bench. Unless The NEW BIG 3 play every minute, I doubt they get out of the second round

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 04:48 AM
in before close

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 04:49 AM
5 rings to 0 rings ! all it matters braaah

TheBay30
Dont hate the player hate the game

ElMarroAfamado
im hungry

PrettyBoyJ
07-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Kobe demanded a trade to put pressure on the organization to bring in help.. Im not saying he really wanted to leave cuz I cant speak for Kobe, but from what he said about the situation he wanted the organization to make a move so he can win.. And again with the Kobe had to get help, what player doesnt get help..?? Clearly Lebron got help in 3 allstars one being top 5 in the league.. Lakers got Pau and Kobe won 2 rings.. Lebron teamed up wit Wade and Bosh and are prob gonna get there share of rings as well.. the fact is you cant win alone on a mediocre you need help..

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 04:52 AM
MJ- had pippen
Kobe-gasol
Duncan-Parker,Ginobli

YOU CANT WIN ALONE BUDDY!!!

-Big-Baby-
07-11-2010, 04:52 AM
I can't believe everyone is writing Kobe in as the "White Knight" after LeBron chooses to join the Heat. Now Kobe is on the same platform and conversation as MJ where before LeBron chose the Heat, people thought it was ridiculous to consider Kobe in the same stratosphere as MJ. Everyone acts as if LeBron did something unforgivable by going to the Heat. While I don't condone the process/action (staging a 1hr special on espn) you cannot fault the guy for the decision he made. He looked at it from a pure basketball perspective and said "where can I win the most rings?" The man wants to win, simple. How quickly everyone forgot that Kobe was crying about a trade from the Lakers when they were barely making the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round. Now he's the great leader that has five rings? Give me a break. The only reason he has five rings is because Pau Gasol was gift wrapped by Jerry West and personally delivered to the Lakers. If the Pau for Kwame (yes Kwame) trade never occurred you think Kobe would have those additional TWO rings? I highly doubt it. I think Kobe would have pulled another temper tantrum and ask for another trade. How can you possibly say that Kobe was willing to stick it out with the Lakers through the bad when it is plain and obvious that he wanted out when things got rough. Same thing with LeBron. He saw how crappy the Cavs were going to be next year. When the next best player is a 33+ year old pf who mainly shoots 3 pointers you don't exactly get a good feeling about your chances to win a championship. So you can bash Lebron all you want about being scared, but take a look at the so called "white knight" of the nba.

Personally, I think it's great players are finally taking their careers in their own hands instead of leaving it to bumbling GMs who have no clue how to run a team. Gay for the max contract, Darko gets 20 million, Joe Johnson gets $120 million? I would rather have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh want to win so badly that they are willing to sacrifice shots, glory and on a smaller scale money.

I love you! lol, you speak the truth....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 04:54 AM
wrong

lebron leaved when his team had the best record for last 2 seasons

Kobe demanded big time help after 3 bad seasons

/thread

_KB24_
Betting a stack that OP is actually another poster who created the account just for this rant so his credibility doesn't go low.

cmellofan15
Calm down, Kobe wanted to be traded or trade for someone. And they didn't just give up Kwame. They also gave up the rights to Marc Gasol who is pretty good. I don't blame LBJ for leaving tho. He needed to get out of that death trap. But now he just went and created another one. No draft picks for like 3 years, NO really money to get good role players, and NO bench. Unless The NEW BIG 3 play every minute, I doubt they get out of the second round

they didn't trade the rights to him they traded a 2nd rounder who ended up being him. Lakers never actually had his rights. I won't even reply to the rest of your post which is just pure stupidity.

cmellofan15
07-11-2010, 04:55 AM
wrong

/thread

any idea why they had those records?

OrangeDolphin
07-11-2010, 04:55 AM
An this smaller scale of money thing is bull. All 3 are getting 100+ Mil. If they really wanted to win. They all would have signed for about 80 mil. And left room to sign some bench players

PurpleJesus
07-11-2010, 04:57 AM
white knight? I thought he was the black mamba.

but seriously

Lebron's talent > Kobe's talent
Lebron's legacy < Kobe's legacy

you talk about how Kobe wasnt anything before Pau, but you apparently dont realize MJ wasnt anything before scottie.

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 04:58 AM
wrong

/thread

this

Public Enemy #1
07-11-2010, 05:03 AM
wrong

/thread

Seriously, you can't even argue this. Kobe demanded a trade and wanted out of L.A. Don't defend something that can't be defended. lol :facepalm:

SouljahPhil...
they didn't trade the rights to him they traded a 2nd rounder who ended up being him. Lakers never actually had his rights. I won't even reply to the rest of your post which is just pure stupidity.

Care to check your facts before calling someone stupid??? MGasol was already drafted by the lakers before traded to memphis..So they gave away his rights.. Memphis did not draft gasol.. He was traded almost a year after being drafted together with J Critt..

chitownbears89
I hate Lebron because he didnt choose the bulls. And neither Kobe or lebron are anywhere near MJ. Execpt maybe Kobe a little bit.

J-Relo
07-11-2010, 05:04 AM
wrong

/thread

CEltics proved regular season means nothing

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 05:06 AM
any idea why they had those records?

what:confused:

Adek011
07-11-2010, 05:07 AM
I am actually new here, I just got sick of reading numerous posts about how great Kobe is and how comparable he is to Jordan now. I just wanted to point out that Kobe also requested to be traded. Who knows maybe it was to put pressure on the Laker's management but he seemed dead set to go to Chicago considering the only reason he vetoed it was because Chicago would have been gutted and Kobe would have been left with nothing there. Also, most of the time when players request trades, it only hurts their value and the value that their team would receive.

What I meant by "on a smaller scale money" is that I agree, they didn't really give up that much money because they can make up for most of it with endorsements and state income taxes, etc.

And yes I agree, no one person can do it by themselves, Kobe had Shaq/Pau, Jordan had Scottie, Duncan had Parker/Ginobili, list goes on and on. So why fault a person for choosing his own teammates rather than have a GM do it for him? Why let someone try when you can do it yourself and do it better/faster than them?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Seriously, you can't even argue this. Kobe demanded a trade and wanted out of L.A. Don't defend something that can't be defended. lol :facepalm:

yeah cause his teammates were cook, kwame, luke, and smush "the wallet" parker

LeBron had the best team on the NBA based on regular season

Don't get your point

The Raven
wrong

/thread

yup. end of story

TheBay30

But kobe is still in LA right? yeah thats all it matters...he didnt get traded!

Adek011
07-11-2010, 05:10 AM
I believe what Public Enemy #1 meant was regardless of the reason, Kobe demanded a trade. You can't defend the fact that Kobe did not demand a trade. He said it himself, Trade me.

SouljahPhil...
07-11-2010, 05:12 AM
I think the critics is torching him because he pick the easiest way to a title.. could have pick chi town or new york which could have been great team with him on it.. They also have great chances in winning a title..But he choose Miami with a top 5 player on it to make it more easy...But no need to bash james he did what he wanted to do..

Some were hoping he would took up the challenge...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 05:12 AM
I am actually new here, I just got sick of reading numerous posts about how great Kobe is and how comparable he is to Jordan now. I just wanted to point out that Kobe also requested to be traded. Who knows maybe it was to put pressure on the Laker's management but he seemed dead set to go to Chicago considering the only reason he vetoed it was because Chicago would have been gutted and Kobe would have been left with nothing there. Also, most of the time when players request trades, it only hurts their value and the value that their team would receive.

What I meant by "on a smaller scale money" is that I agree, they didn't really give up that much money because they can make up for most of it with endorsements and state income taxes, etc.

And yes I agree, no one person can do it by themselves, Kobe had Shaq/Pau, Jordan had Scottie, Duncan had Parker/Ginobili, list goes on and on. So why fault a person for choosing his own teammates rather than have a GM do it for him? Why let someone try when you can do it yourself and do it better/faster than them?

You people don't get it to you, so I say it again!

LeBron leaved after 2 regular season wins

Kobe wanted to be traded after 1 season with no playoffs and after 2 seasons with having the 8th seed.

SouljahPhil...
07-11-2010, 05:13 AM
just to correct you..I think he said get me help or trade me...

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 05:14 AM
I believe what Public Enemy #1 meant was regardless of the reason, Kobe demanded a trade. You can't defend the fact that Kobe did not demand a trade. He said it himself, Trade me.

Yeah but Kobe ALREADY won 3 NBA rings in LA!
LeBRON promised the fans that he wont go ring chasing and that he'll win a ring in Clevland!
Kobe did not make a promise to LA.He didn't have to he already won 3 NBA finals!
Stop trying to find ways to hate on Kobe, the dude's a hard worker

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 05:16 AM
You people don't get it to you, so I say it again!

LeBron leaved after 2 regular season wins

Kobe wanted to be traded after 1 season with no playoffs and after 2 seasons with having the 8th seed.

yeah man, no one gets it! Beginning of the year, people predicted Clevland was gonna take it all.After LeBRON chokes in playoffs "Oh james had no help"

Adek011
07-11-2010, 05:19 AM
No he said trade me, then he backed down from it.

Interview with Stephen A Smith.
"I would like to be traded. And as tough as it is to say that, as tough as it is to come to that conclusion, there's no other alternative."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927

and Kobe24-TJ19, yeah, Lebron had the best team but he did ALL the work. Look at his squad and tell me one person who is a legitimate 2nd option. Mo Williams (aka 2nd coming of smush parker?), delonte west, old Shaq, Antwan Jamison (who just never got comfortable in the system). Without Lebron, do you think they would even make the playoffs? I highly doubt it and think Cleveland will be lottery bound next year unless the owner backs up his big talk.

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 05:21 AM

"I would like to be traded. And as tough as it is to say that, as tough as it is to come to that conclusion, there's no other alternative."

and Kobe24-TJ19, yeah, Lebron had the best team but he did ALL the work. Look at his squad and tell me one person who is a legitimate 2nd option. Mo Williams (aka 2nd coming of smush parker?), delonte west, old Shaq, Antwan Jamison (who just never got comfortable in the system). Without Lebron, do you think they would even make the playoffs? I highly doubt it and think Cleveland will be lottery bound next year unless the owner backs up his big talk.

so why couldnt LeBRON do all the work in the playoffs...oh yeah cause he chokedddd!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Mo Williams (aka 2nd coming of smush parker?)

You can't be serious

Adek011
07-11-2010, 05:23 AM
when did I ever question Kobe's work ethic? I am just saying Kobe wanted out when things got bad, the only difference is Lebron actually followed through with it, while Kobe was stuck under contract. So don't try defending Kobe and saying he didn't want to leave the Lakers. He would've gladly accepted a trade to the bulls if Deng wasn't included in the deal. That was the only reason he vetoed it. I'm talking about Kobe's intent, and Mitch was smart enough NOT to trade Kobe. You have to give the props to Mitch.

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Has Smush ever made the all-star team ? hahahaha

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 05:24 AM
when did I ever question Kobe's work ethic? I am just saying Kobe wanted out when things got bad, the only difference is Lebron actually followed through with it, while Kobe was stuck under contract. So don't try defending Kobe and saying he didn't want to leave the Lakers. He would've gladly accepted a trade to the bulls if Deng wasn't included in the deal. That was the only reason he vetoed it. I'm talking about Kobe's intent, and Mitch was smart enough NOT to trade Kobe. You have to give the props to Mitch.

okay bruhh so answer my question? why couldnt lebron do all the work in the playoffs then? is it cause he a choke? haha

SouljahPhil...
07-11-2010, 05:25 AM

Mo= smush parker? OMG..

way to nitpick...read the whole article...he wanted a trade because He think LA is rebuilding..

Adek011
07-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Mo Williams was the 3rd alternate for the all-star team? The only reason he got the nod was because they had the best record and the Cavaliers kept complaining. Is he really an all-star in your mind?

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 05:29 AM
He's only an All-Star in my mind if Smush is an all star in my mind...haha got to be kidding me comparing smush and mo!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Has Smush ever made the all-star team ? hahahaha

:laugh2:

kblo247

So did Magic Johnson, but some kids do not know or remember that.

SouljahPhil...
First, Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York: "I would like to be traded, yeah. Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind.

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

"[The Lakers] obviously want to move in a different direction in terms of rebuilding," Bryant said, adding he could have opted to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers or Chicago Bulls instead. "Three years ago when I was re-signing they should have told me they wanted to rebuild."

Asked if he had any preference for a trade destination, he said "At this point I'll go play on Pluto."

Bryant talked to Dan Patrick on ESPN Radio and seemed to reconsider slightly.

"I'm so tired of talking," Bryant said. "It's tough. I always dreamed about retiring as a Laker. I just hope and hope that something can be resolved. Something can be figured out. Just something so I can stay here and be in this city and be with the team I love."

Bryant told Patrick he talked to Jackson after talking to Smith and felt resassured.

"When Phil and I spoke, he was optimistic and determined that we'll both be back," Bryant told Patrick. "Phil is somebody I listen to. I lean on him a lot. He assured me things are going to be OK. Things are going to be all right. Don't go full bore just yet. Take a deep breath and let us work these things out and everything will be all right. Which was very encouraging.

"I don't want to go anywhere else. I want to be here for the rest of my career. It was encouraging to hear that."

Later Monday, he had two different messages for the Los Angeles-area media.

"I can only hope that they do something because I don't want to go no place else. I don't want to," he told radio station KLAC. "I want to stay here. I hope they can do something.

Care to read between the lines? he was so desperate for help...He wanted to compete.. the difference in both of their teams was obvious..

SouljahPhil...
First, Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York: "I would like to be traded, yeah. Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind.

"[The Lakers] obviously want to move in a different direction in terms of rebuilding," Bryant said, adding he could have opted to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers or Chicago Bulls instead. "Three years ago when I was re-signing they should have told me they wanted to rebuild."

Asked if he had any preference for a trade destination, he said "At this point I'll go play on Pluto."

"I'm so tired of talking," Bryant said. "It's tough. I always dreamed about retiring as a Laker. I just hope and hope that something can be resolved. Something can be figured out. Just something so I can stay here and be in this city and be with the team I love."

Bryant told Patrick he talked to Jackson after talking to Smith and felt resassured.

"When Phil and I spoke, he was optimistic and determined that we'll both be back," Bryant told Patrick. "Phil is somebody I listen to. I lean on him a lot. He assured me things are going to be OK. Things are going to be all right. Don't go full bore just yet. Take a deep breath and let us work these things out and everything will be all right. Which was very encouraging.

"I don't want to go anywhere else. I want to be here for the rest of my career. It was encouraging to hear that."

"I can only hope that they do something because I don't want to go no place else. I don't want to," he told radio station KLAC. "I want to stay here. I hope they can do something.

Care to read between the lines? he was so desperate for help...He wanted to compete.. the difference in both of their teams was obvious..

Adek011
07-11-2010, 05:30 AM
OK, Mo is not Smush (it was just an exaggeration). But how can you not remember all the news surrounding Kobe's trade request? This article was a recap of everything that had happened. He ANNOUNCED he wanted a trade then he backed down from his request.

Haha and I think Lebron didn't do all the work in the playoffs because a certain teammate (DWest) had relations with mom. He definitely wasn't playing like his normal self against the Celtics.

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 05:31 AM
good research :clap:

kblo247
07-11-2010, 05:32 AM

Don't leave out the fact that all three were all stars coming into last season, or leave out the fact that Z, Parker, West, and Moon were former full time NBA starters, or leave out the last little fact that Varejao was one of the top 6 man of the year vote getters and NBA Defensive team ;)

SouljahPhil...
07-11-2010, 05:33 AM
OK, Mo is not Smush (it was just an exaggeration). But how can you not remember all the news surrounding Kobe's trade request? This article was a recap of everything that had happened. He ANNOUNCED he wanted a trade then he backed down from his request.

Haha and I think Lebron didn't do all the work in the playoffs because a certain teammate (DWest) had relations with mom. He definitely wasn't playing like his normal self against the Celtics.

so that report was indeed true? OMG..maybe that's why he left cleveland..uggh!

Adek011
Phil. Yes or no question. Did he at any point requested to be traded?

kblo247

:clap: to all that and the fact Jeanie Buss and Phil Jackson went on the radio and backed Kobe 100% against Jim Buss and his belief that he had given LA enough help to win and they didn't need to make moves.

Adek011
07-11-2010, 05:35 AM
No clue if the report is true or not. Just seems to fit the story. Delonte had some bipolar problems and thought he would reenact terminator. Lebron takes him into his home. Those parts are true. You can connect the dots if West had any relations to his mom.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 05:35 AM

Bingo

That's why they lost, cause of leBron not his teammates

TheBay30
07-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Lebron quit in the playoffs so they can lose in purpose cause before him bosh and wade were planning to join the heat. He quit on purpose so he can find a way to leave clevland and say he wants to win now

SouljahPhil...
07-11-2010, 05:40 AM
He asks to be traded because LA does not provide him any help...You get the point? He wanted to win...AS for LBJ clevelend provided him all the help..they even got JAmison for nothing and Big Z for pennies...lol

kblo247
07-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Adek011,

Kobe also made the statement "If you get me help and I don't win, it is on me and no one else." In fact when he lost to Boston he did what Lebron wouldn't do, face the media and admitted just that throughout the summer "it was on him" and not on Pau, Lamar, or anyone else.

There in lies the difference between the two. He took the blame and backed up his claim that would win with help and raise his hand to be bashed if he lost with it. He didn't make a promise to compete in dunk contests or not to leave a city to he wins them a title and then jump ship, like Lebron did.

In fact, Kobe didn't even make the trade debate a circus as he squashed it and told the media point blank at training camp, "I'm a Laker and my job is to play basketball and none of that matters to me while I'm doing my job". At no point in that season or postseason before Bynum or Pau came in did he mention the trade request or even discuss it besides to say before the new year he was sorry for doing it and at his MVP press conference that he was wrong and Mitch was right. Lebron on the other hand, milked the 2010 talks for 2 years during the actual seasons instead of keeping the attention on his team and made it harder to get deals done as a result of it.

So at the end of the day, for all his faults you can't honestly say Lebron handled himself more professionally than Kobe when you compare the situations, can you?

--------

As for the Delonte and Lebron's mom stuff that is just creepy and wrong. In fact if it is true that is despicable and I can't blame him if he was pissed, just like Kobe was for Malone "hunting little Mexican girls"

Vikes_Fan04
07-11-2010, 05:42 AM

hahaha wow talk about CHECK YOURSELF before you WRECK YOURSELF. You need to look up the facts homie.

Fri, Feb. 1

L.A. Lakers acquire Pau Gasol and a 2010 second-round draft pick from Memphis in exchange for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie, the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first round picks in 2008 and 2010; Lakers sign D.J. Mbenga to second 10-day contract.

http://www.nba.com/news/transactions/2007_08/

Adek011
07-11-2010, 05:47 AM
He asks to be traded because LA does not provide him any help...You get the point? He wanted to win...AS for LBJ clevelend provided him all the help..they even got JAmison for nothing and Big Z for pennies...lol

There you go, Kobe asked to be traded. That's all I was trying to state.

I think LBJ saw the future of the Cavs, didn't like it and didn't want to end up like KG. He saw an old antwan, mo williams who disappears in the playoffs that he might as well be smush and the rest of the group formerly known as the "James gang" and then he looked at Wade and Bosh and saw the best opportunity to win multiple rings.

Adek011
07-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Adek011,

Kobe also made the statement "If you get me help and I don't win, it is on me and no one else." In fact when he lost to Boston he did what Lebron wouldn't do, face the media and admitted just that throughout the summer "it was on him" and not on Pau, Lamar, or anyone else.

There in lies the difference between the two. He took the blame and backed up his claim that would win with help and raise his hand to be bashed if he lost with it. He didn't make a promise to compete in dunk contests or not to leave a city to he wins them a title and then jump ship, like Lebron did.

In fact, Kobe didn't even make the trade debate a circus as he squashed it and told the media point blank at training camp, "I'm a Laker and my job is to play basketball and none of that matters to me while I'm doing my job". At no point in that season or postseason before Bynum or Pau came in did he mention the trade request or even discuss it besides to say before the new year he was sorry for doing it and at his MVP press conference that he was wrong and Mitch was right. Lebron on the other hand, milked the 2010 talks for 2 years during the actual seasons instead of keeping the attention on his team and made it harder to get deals done as a result of it.

So at the end of the day, for all his faults you can't honestly say Lebron handled himself more professionally than Kobe when you compare the situations, can you?

--------

As for the Delonte and Lebron's mom stuff that is just creepy and wrong. In fact if it is true that is despicable and I can't blame him if he was pissed, just like Kobe was for Malone "hunting little Mexican girls"

I'm not trying to defend Lebron's actions. I was never trying to say Lebron acted in a more professional manner than Kobe. I think the entire 1 hour special was a huge spectacle and should have never aired. It was a gigantic slap to Cleveland's face. Even if he had chosen to stay in Cleveland I don't think the 1 hr special was warranted because then every single other team that tried to recruit Lebron would've been pissed off cause he wasted their time for nothing.

I was trying to elaborate on Lebron's decision to join the Heat. The only thing I was getting sick of was all these people coming in and saying how great Kobe is because he stuck it out with the Lakers. Fact is, he requested a trade and Phil Jackson had to talk him out of it. Phil probably thought to himself, "if kobe leaves, then i'm going to really be in the crapper"

PrettyBoyJ
07-11-2010, 06:01 AM

I think LBJ saw the future of the Cavs, didn't like it and didn't want to end up like KG. He saw an old antwan, mo williams who disappears in the playoffs that he might as well be smush and the rest of the group formerly known as the "James gang" and then he looked at Wade and Bosh and saw the best opportunity to win multiple rings.

I dont understand what your saying Kobe asked for a trade.. yes, but he ends up staying and wins 2 championships.. and that made him what?? a quitter cuz he asked for a trade cuz he was tired of being in a bad situation and he was wasting the last of his prime years losing... So he's not a "white knight" becuz he didnt leave and stayed and won 2 championships.. But Lebron was entering his prime after 2 MVP seasons, with the best record in the league, and he leaves town to go team up with Wade and Bosh and that was just an opportunity to win rings?? so he's not a quitter but Kobe is and he actually stayed and won...

kblo247
07-11-2010, 06:05 AM
I'm not trying to defend Lebron's actions. I was never trying to say Lebron acted in a more professional manner than Kobe. I think the entire 1 hour special was a huge spectacle and should have never aired. It was a gigantic slap to Cleveland's face. Even if he had chosen to stay in Cleveland I don't think the 1 hr special was warranted because then every single other team that tried to recruit Lebron would've been pissed off cause he wasted their time for nothing.

I was trying to elaborate on Lebron's decision to join the Heat. The only thing I was getting sick of was all these people coming in and saying how great Kobe is because he stuck it out with the Lakers. Fact is, he requested a trade and Phil Jackson had to talk him out of it. Phil probably thought to himself, "if kobe leaves, then i'm going to really be in the crapper"

I can't deny what Kobe did, but I also think you have to take into account that Jeanie and Jimmy were also in a power struggle at the time that dominated LA radio. Kobe's whole thing was backed by Jeanie, Mitch, and Phil completely and as a result Jim lost power and those 3 gained it. They made deals, spent money, and paid the tax ever since that day. It was as much political as it was about basketball, just like when Magic did the same thing in the 80s to get him and his teammates the style of play and coaching they desired in Riley. Him asking for a trade can never be taken back or denied, but the motive for doing so was more than meets the eye as well asnd was frequently documented by AM 570, Mason and Ireland, and even Jeanie Buss herself on the airwaves as the whole team was a mess at the time with Jimmy trying to run the basketball side of things and handcuffing Mitch while wasting Kobe and Phil.

I'm not mad at Lebron for joining Miami. Anyone who is or gets on him solely for doing that is a damn fool. Anyone who supports the circus that was made out of his decision not just this summer, but the past couple of years though is a damn fool as well. My main beef is how he handled his business and made it a bigger spectacle than it had to be and let it leak into his regular season as a Cavs player as well instead of squashing it. Lebron made the best choice for what he thought would help him win and be best for his legacy, like may others have so I can't bash that. I'll just bash how he went about doing it all and how he single crushed the heart of all Cavs fans for the world to see, instead of just doing announcing his decision like Wade and Bosh did.

Adek011
07-11-2010, 06:26 AM
^ agreed

Vikes_Fan04
07-11-2010, 06:30 AM

In Kobe's defense there really is a big difference when you're the #1 team in the league for 2 years in a row. Rather than a 7th seed who gets beat by the Suns every year. But, I do see what you're trying to say. You're merely stating that Kobe was in a similar situation and asked to be traded. But I think the reason why Kobe is a lot more respected is because of his drive and competitiveness.

When we saw LeBron in the Celtics series, he was less aggressive, settling for jump shots and bricking and some would argue and assume that he quit. Yes, Kobe did want a trade but he never actually QUIT on the team even though they were bad. As a matter of fact if you remember the first game he played the season he requested a trade he was booed by the staples crowd. But, he still never played lazy, and still wanted to beat the Rockets really bad in that game. That's just what I think the reason Kobe gets so much more credit.

Geargo Wallace
07-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Don't forget Kobe not wanting to play for the team that drafted him unless it was the Lakers. LeBron took what he was dealt with, instead of taking the easy way out and asking to go to one of the greatest teams/franchises out there.

kblo247
07-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Don't forget Kobe not wanting to play for the team that drafted him unless it was the Lakers. LeBron took what he was dealt with, instead of taking the easy way out and asking to go to one of the greatest teams/franchises out there.

You would turn down Jerry West?

In fact, West admits that he set all that he won't play for you stuff up and did what it took to get him down to the best possible position to trade for him while also creating cap space in hopes of luring Shaq.

Besides he and the Hornets never turned one another down, they has a pre-planned deal that gave them the Center they need in Vlade and West what he wanted.

magichatnumber9
07-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Lebron did it the wrong way.

SouljahPhil...
07-11-2010, 06:56 AM

He ask to be traded coz the lakers did not do **** to help the team...He was tired of losing..that is called competitiveness..As for LBJ? his team had the best record for 2 straight seasons..So it was a whole different situation.. AS for the cavs roster I think all those moves was with james permission..They did all their best to give him that nice supporting cast..If he could had a little patience maybe they could land a gift like a gasol..haha!