PDA

View Full Version : Important TidBit about the Most Hated Man in the World

TheTakeOver24
07-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Cleveland sports writer Tom Withers:
"I was told LeBron didn't want to do TV special, but some in his camp kept pushing. He sure didn't look like he enjoyed it."
http://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/18194314990

I know this doesn't change anything but just wanted to put it out there.

btw i know im a newbie no need to point it out

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:27 PM
yah ok because we all know lebron isnt an attention whore. kind of like when "nike" had those tapes taken.:rolleyes:

h2r09
07-10-2010, 07:28 PM
he had to approve it though but it was quite clear he was extremely uncomfortable in doing it and i gottta feel for him, because no matter what he did he was going to become hated everywhere but where he went

lakerboy
07-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I wonder how he feels about it now. It was the most stupid thing in the world.

h2r09
07-10-2010, 07:29 PM
yah ok because we all know lebron isnt an attention whore. kind of like when "nike" had those tapes taken.:rolleyes:

how is he an attention whore. if he didnt want to do this and he barely said a word to anybody about his fee agency then how is he an attention whore? blame ESPN.

Cubsfan365
07-10-2010, 07:31 PM
how is he an attention whore. if he didnt want to do this and he barely said a word to anybody about his fee agency then how is he an attention whore? blame ESPN.
Are you kidding?

B-Ray
07-10-2010, 07:33 PM
after reading the thread title i was expecting to see a thread about kim jong-il

TheTakeOver24
07-10-2010, 07:35 PM
after reading the thread title i was expecting to see a thread about kim jong-il

he comes in a distant second;)

h2r09
07-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Are you kidding?

did he say anything to anyubody during the free agency period? no. thre was just a whole lot of attention on him because he is him. IF he didnt want to do this special, then how is he at all an attention whore?

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:36 PM

espn is somewhat to blame but to say hes not an attention whore is BS. the stuff he says, the way he acts, him saying he wants to be the most recognizable athlete in the world. Claiming team USA was his team, even though clearly when it mattered most we all know who really delivered. And i HIGHLY doubt he didnt want to do it. Oh yah announcing he was going to be in the dunk comp to get some attention i can go on but im done with this topic have another one i been dealing with all day.

CowboysKB24
07-10-2010, 07:37 PM
he had to approve it though but it was quite clear he was extremely uncomfortable in doing it and i gottta feel for him, because no matter what he did he was going to become hated everywhere but where he went

That is not true. He is hated more than ever because people feel he is a cop out by joining such a strong team already. He wouldn't be getting this sort of attention and hate if he went anywhere else.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:38 PM
did he say anything to anyubody during the free agency period? no. thre was just a whole lot of attention on him because he is him. IF he didnt want to do this special, then how is he at all an attention whore?

At the end of the day, as he would put it, "Lebron James has the final say":laugh:

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:39 PM
[/QUOTE=CowboysKB24;14073327]That is not true. He is hated more than ever because people feel he is a cop out by joining such a strong team already. He wouldn't be getting this sort of attention and hate if he went anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

He always will from me i cant stand that self promoting, arrogant prick.

Master Mind
07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Despite it all--everyone still watched.

There's no such thing as bad publicity...

h2r09
07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
That is not true. He is hated more than ever because people feel he is a cop out by joining such a strong team already. He wouldn't be getting this sort of attention and hate if he went anywhere else.

so he is hated because he wants to win?

I love this double standard where if he takes the money for a worse team then he willbe hated because he doesnt have a killer instinct and doesnt want to win and if he puts himself in the best position to win then he is a coward for leaving high and dry.

He really should be commended by forgetting his dream to be the best player ver all in the ske of winning. what he did is actually eally pretty incredible of him and shows what his true purpose of playing is.

gbpackers12
07-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I got the impression that he didn't want to have that big, rock-star-like introduction in Miami last night. Bosh and Wade were laughing and having a good time, but it seemed like Lebron was a bit uncomfortable.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:44 PM

not me saw it on espn.com the next day, i could barely stand to look at him when LA played the cavs. Dude is a hell of a player but outside of that he is nothing but complete trash

eibbor
07-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Cleveland sports writer Tom Withers:
"I was told LeBron didn't want to do TV special, but some in his camp kept pushing. He sure didn't look like he enjoyed it."
http://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/18194314990

I know this doesn't change anything but just wanted to put it out there.

btw i know im a newbie no need to point it out

oh never mind, I thought this thread would be about Bill Gates...

Hiphopopotamus
07-10-2010, 07:48 PM
who goes on tv nationally and takes a dump on their hometown....what douche.....

jiggin
07-10-2010, 07:49 PM
and we have now come full circle...lebron james is now the VICTIM. LOL

He made 9 million off the tv deal, which was "for the kids" and gave 2 million of that to the kids it was for...so what happened to the other money? LOL

don't be fooled, this PR posturing in reaction to the fact that he pissed off the cities of NY, CLE and CHI by dragging it out and then dissing them and their bids for his services on national tv.

This is just trying to save face...which is sad and makes the ego manic even worse. He will never be top tier star material because his true colors show each time he gets into a spotlight situation...and everyone sees it.

shep33
07-10-2010, 07:57 PM
No.. it was his fault, and this should not be argued. He called for it, even if he didn't he could've said no.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:59 PM

He made 9 million off the tv deal, which was "for the kids" and gave 2 million of that to the kids it was for...so what happened to the other money? LOL

don't be fooled, this PR posturing in reaction to the fact that he pissed off the cities of NY, CLE and CHI by dragging it out and then dissing them and their bids for his services on national tv.

This is just trying to save face...which is sad and makes the ego manic even worse. He will never be top tier star material because his true colors show each time he gets into a spotlight situation...and everyone sees it.

THIS :hi5: he took a huge dump on the city of cleveland and i have a pretty good guess where that other 7 or so mil went. Right in his bank account, douchebag used kids to cover up his need for attention. Just another thing to add to my ever-growing hatred for him.

TheTakeOver24
07-10-2010, 08:17 PM
THIS :hi5: he took a huge dump on the city of cleveland and i have a pretty good guess where that other 7 or so mil went. Right in his bank account, douchebag used kids to cover up his need for attention. Just another thing to add to my ever-growing hatred for him.

well according to this, it wasn't his idea.
but yes, definitely an egotistical move, no matter who's idea it was.

ARMIN12NBA
07-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Sounds like he is trying to clean up his image. . .

TheTakeOver24
07-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Sounds like he is trying to clean up his image. . .

yup, and a cleveland writer is gonna help him with that.
:facepalm:

REALLYYYYY?
07-10-2010, 08:50 PM

but not hated as much as he is for joining the heat

gcoll
07-10-2010, 09:58 PM
how is he an attention whore.
Dances on the sidelines.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 11:08 PM
So he's either an attention whore or he has no spine to tell his homeboys their idea is stupid. I actually say option 2. I think he is insecure - that's why he went to a superteam. He and KG are alike in that they prefer to be the best all around player on the team, but not the go-to guy. Just like Pierce and Ray took the big shots for KG, Wade will do so for LBJ.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 11:10 PM
How could he not talk to the Cavs ahead of time? I can't believe he didn't have the balls to look at the people who have kissed his *** for seven years in the eye and tell them he was leaving.

Vidball
07-10-2010, 11:11 PM
When it comes down to it the classless move was LBJ's decision (as was the decision to NOT even call CLE's owner to let him know the decision).

zambo4president
07-10-2010, 11:12 PM
That's ****in ********. Even if it were true, LeBron still did it.

daleja424
07-10-2010, 11:14 PM
say what you will but espn got more viewers for that event then they do for 95% of actualy games. People were very very interested. And I assure you that a lot of the hate is sour grapes. Would the Cavs, Bulls, Knicks fans be hating on Lebron right now for how he handled things if he had gone to them? I doubt it.

topdog
07-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I don't care if it wasn't his idea - at the end of the day, it was his decision.

I am all cool with those guys going to Miami and whatnot, but the t.v. special, his "people" telling teams to sign this player or hire that coach, his entourage, all that crap makes me "hate" Lebron. I never was a fan, but now he really has shown he doesn't care about basketball - he cares about fame and money.

h2r09
07-10-2010, 11:22 PM
When it comes down to it the classless move was LBJ's decision (as was the decision to NOT even call CLE's owner to let him know the decision).

judging by the way he reacted why should he? if he is going to be fickle and not remember the great 7 years he had there as lebron said last night "it looks like i made the right choice then"

Atownballa5
07-10-2010, 11:26 PM

i forgot grown men made their own choices :facepalm:

and btw he had a 1 hour special called the decision and he didnt have to put all the teams through that and decide to be a ***** and join a team with 2 other all stars just to win

PolishXperiment
07-10-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm surprised on the way he did it, however I'm not too surprised about why he did it. When LeBron was growing up, he was a Chicago Bulls fan, a Dallas Cowboys fan, and a New York Yankees fan. Now anyone growing up during that time knows they were the only three teams winning championships. So what does that tell you? He's been a front runner his entire life. He doesn't know how it feels to get an obscure team and build it all the way up to a championship team. He just doesn't. Especially on the way he quit this past year in the playoffs.

TheTakeOver24
07-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't care if it wasn't his idea - at the end of the day, it was his decision.

I am all cool with those guys going to Miami and whatnot, but the t.v. special, his "people" telling teams to sign this player or hire that coach, his entourage, all that crap makes me "hate" Lebron. I never was a fan, but now he really has shown he doesn't care about basketball - he cares about fame and money.

did you see the pay cut he took?

TheTakeOver24
07-10-2010, 11:43 PM
jesus you miami flamer fans really are just ********. what dont you get? its not THAT he left for miami, its HOW he left for miami! geting introduced to miami on a forklift like youre michael freakin jackson and talking about 7 titles and saying you can get pat riley to play point guard and it wouldnt matter is disrespectful to any champion ever. no champion ever would go out there and act like a freakin clown like that even after winning a tile. those 3 idiots looked like they were gonna break out into barber shop song and dance trio. douchebags that they are i hope teams are watching and getting ready to throw them bows. lmao

are you seriously gonna bring that up?
it was a welcome party organized by the Heat.
the fans were going crazy for them! it was by demand... it wasn't for you, it was for miami heat fans. if you dont like it close your eyes.

GSRaider
07-10-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't know if he wanted to do it or not?

But he didn't look like he enjoyed it...

It's whatever... Cavs fans, stop crying...

Atownballa5
07-11-2010, 12:11 AM
did you see the pay cut he took?

oh boy that little pay cut to ensure himself championships cause he cant win it alone, hes getting desperate

king4day
07-11-2010, 12:17 AM
If anything, it makes things worse. He can't make decisions for himself.

Immoknight
07-11-2010, 12:21 AM

Yep, burning Lebron's Jersey in Cleveland, sure made Lebron look saintly. Are you ... a heat fan per chance because you know, ignorance is bliss and all that.

dwadefan03
07-11-2010, 12:29 AM
oh boy that little pay cut to ensure himself championships cause he cant win it alone, hes getting desperate

im sick of people saying LeBron can't "win it alone", when the **** has ANYONE "won it themselves"? Kobe had the most talented team in the nba last year, he had pau and shaq, MJ had pippen and rodman, NO ONE EVER ****ING "does it themselves.

You know whats hilarious, Lebron took a completely **** team to the finals by himself just four years ago and now all of a sudden he cant "win one by himself" GTFOH bro u and all the other fools that agree with this have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

elizur
07-11-2010, 12:30 AM

That is the furthest thing from the truth. Any situation other then the one that played out(regardless if it was heat or not) would have been fine.

gbrl
07-11-2010, 04:20 AM
That is the furthest thing from the truth. Any situation other then the one that played out(regardless if it was heat or not) would have been fine.

doubt this. only reason for hating the destination is that hes gonna be playing with 2 other stars

but if he went to chi he would be playing with rose and boozer
amare and probably wouldve got someone else in new york
clippers and nets have nice pieces also leaving cleveland as the only place he wouldnt get booed.
either this or theres some sort of miami bias

valade16
07-11-2010, 04:33 AM

Do you really wish to stand by this? You honestly think he's never been a clutch player?

I guess you missed ECF's 2006-2007 Game 5 when LeBron dropped 25 STRAIGHT POINTS on the Pistons and the Cavs won the game and the series to send them to the finals...

Or how about in 2008 when the Cavs won 8 straight playoff games by 10 points or more. Or did you miss the game 1 against Orlando ECF's while, despite his team losing by 1 point, he dropped 49 points?

In my book that's pretty darn clutch. Rip on his ego all you want, but don't deny the amazing talent...

dimedrpr
07-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Wait, this thread isn't about Jim Gray? Damn.

papisupremo
07-11-2010, 04:58 AM
so he is hated because he wants to win?

I love this double standard where if he takes the money for a worse team then he willbe hated because he doesnt have a killer instinct and doesnt want to win and if he puts himself in the best position to win then he is a coward for leaving high and dry.

He really should be commended by forgetting his dream to be the best player ver all in the ske of winning. what he did is actually eally pretty incredible of him and shows what his true purpose of playing is.

i bet u and lebron like playin madden together on rookie. i play on all-madden personally. thats how i know im the best. no double standard

The Raven
07-11-2010, 05:25 AM
You got to be kidding me. They are now coming out with bulshit. Please even if it wasnt his idea, he still went full on with it. I mean if he really didnt wanna do it, then why even do it in the first place. Come on they're just making excuses at this point

MiamiLoyal926
07-11-2010, 09:15 AM
doubt this. only reason for hating the destination is that hes gonna be playing with 2 other stars

but if he went to chi he would be playing with rose and boozer
amare and probably wouldve got someone else in new york
clippers and nets have nice pieces also leaving cleveland as the only place he wouldnt get booed.
either this or theres some sort of miami bias

There has always been a Miami bias. Miami was never in the picture as the front runners until the last few days. For months now, it has been said that we have nothing and no reason to have a better chance than chicago and new york. Now that it happened, people are bitter because it was not their team that got him. Had it been chicago, new york, ect.. those fans would have not seen anything wrong with it. Even though he still opted to "quit" on his team and join other stars.

ESPN and the whole world hyped this up... and he tried to keep his mouth shut and make his decision in peace. For months he gave no indication of where and how he would make his decision. But ESPN had to find reasons to report as well as the world needed to read his reasons. Stop being blind to the fact that we are all guilty for this show that was put on. We all have waited two years for this and stopped everything to watch "the decision". We fueled the fire and for that all of you, including myself, are guilty.

Don't be blinded by your bitterness!!

I agree it was handled wrong, but it is what the world wanted to see, a "decision".

clevelandspride
07-11-2010, 09:22 AM
a real man makes up his own mind