PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Sign Raymond Felton To 2 Years/$15.8 Million Dollar Contract

R_O_W_E
07-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Point guard Raymond Felton's contract figures, finalized today, is two years, $15.8M, according to a source.

There may be a third-year team option but that has yet to be negotiated upon. The Knicks chose Felton partly because he was willing to sign for two years and give the Knicks 2012 flexibility. Donnie Walsh confirmed the agreement is in place.

Felton and the three Golden Staters from the David Lee sign-and-trade - Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelanna Azubuike - will be introduced at a press conference Monday in Greenburg's practice facility.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/felton_two_year_contract_with_knicks_J7oF0yuvxVnbb joyq15XBP?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Donnie is a genius. In 2 years Chris Paul becomes a Free Agent, if the Knicks dont think they can sign him they would still have a team option for Felton.

*Superman*
07-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Pretty solid PG, but he couldn't handle Nelson in the POs. Maybe one of those players that doesn't show up when it matters.

VillaMaravilla
07-10-2010, 05:33 PM
now thats a great deal 2 years only this guy is a good piece if some future trade pops up now im a fan of this

Sports Illustrator
07-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I like this signing. We actually get a starting PG this time around. His style of play fits well with the Knicks. If he plays really well with the Knicks, the knicks can always resign him if anything. Its similar to when the Knicks signed Duhon, but Duhon did not work out at all. He's a much bigger upgrade than Duhon for sure.

nyk4real
07-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Donnie Walsh is on point. We are improving the team while maintaining our flexibility.

wesso2008
07-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Felton>Duhon Good signing Knicks!!!

Slimsim
07-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Knicks making some solid moves. i approve.

Pharoe18
07-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Great signing for the Knicks. Felton wants a couple years on a big stage to try and get a massive contact 2-3 years from now. Knicks are taking advantage.

CharlesW
07-10-2010, 05:48 PM
felton should do much better in the knicks system opposed to the bobcats'

BigBlueCrew
07-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Knicks making some solid moves. i approve.

Approve of the signing

Love the sig!!!!!!!!!!

The ChiCago KiD
07-10-2010, 05:59 PM
solid moves knicks.......I to approve....

sincerely,

a bulls fan

TheKing23
07-10-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm really surprised Felton accepted a two year deal. He's 26 so he still has a chance for another big pay day after this contract, but with a lockout looming and loads of team willing to overpay guys, i'm surprised he didn't come away with a 5-year $35-40m kinda deal...

Still a nice piece and an upgrade over Toney Douglas... Should work well with Amar'e in the pick & roll.

Twolves88
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Good signing I'm surprised he was willing to sign that short of a contract. I was thinking more 5 years 35-40 million.

kurivaimu
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Great signing

mikedesi1004
07-10-2010, 06:11 PM
a nice solid pick up

Avenged
07-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Good signing. Amare and Felton is solid. It's a step in the right direction for the Knicks.

KB24PG16
07-10-2010, 06:14 PM
good sign didnt overpay him

Burkey3472
07-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Very nice signing that not only gives them a PG that fits well in their system but still gives them a chance to go after Paul in 2 years if he becomes a free agent.

Knickerbocker34
07-10-2010, 06:15 PM
As a Knicks fan, you have to be happy with the way things are turning out. Walsh and Co. have torn down that horrific team with bad contracts two years ago and built a strong athletic foundation for the Knicks to stand on for the next few years. On paper this team is showing great potential, and should finally show us some decent basketball. Forget about striking out on Lebron, lets think about the triple we hit with the new look Knickerbocks.

1. Knicks acquired a dominant power forward in Amare Stoudemire who is at the peak of his career.
2. Knicks get more athletic with the very promising Anthony Randolph who has shown a tremendous amount of upside. If you don't know already he is a 6'10, 215 pound pf/sf who is fast, has great ball handling (especially for his size)and can play defense and rebound. This video show a little of all of it in one game==>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgyybTWnyaY
3. Raymond Felton, a pure point guard who is fast enough to keep up with the best of the east point guards, shows great court vision and can dish the ball with the best of them. Hes young, we got him cheap with a 2 year contract, and if need be can be a valuable trade piece for a future max caliber player.
4. Depth and energy of the bench with Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike the other two that came from that David Lee stiuation.

Now you look at these new acquisitions and you may be seeing a 6th to 8th seed in the playoffs next year. But the best part is even if we don't make the playoffs next year we have the assets to go out and get the one or two pieces that can help this team contend. So oh well we didnt get Lebron, but our future looks alot brighter than it once seemed.

29$JerZ
07-10-2010, 06:15 PM
That will probably be the last signing NY does this summer.

Felton/Douglas
Walker/Rautins
Chandler/Randolph/Fields
Amar'e/Gallinari
Curry/Turiaf/Jordan

Still need to get a more reliable C but I'm loving the direction we are going, young/cheap/athletic talent with loads of flexibility.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-10-2010, 06:25 PM
That will probably be the last signing NY does this summer.

Felton/Douglas
Walker/Rautins
Chandler/Randolph/Fields
Amar'e/Gallinari
Curry/Turiaf/Jordan

Still need to get a more reliable C but I'm loving the direction we are going, young/cheap/athletic talent with loads of flexibility.

Dont forget buke :)

arlubas
07-10-2010, 06:27 PM
The knicks may have missed out on the grand prizes of this free agency but they sure did come out as winners out of it. True, they didn't become one of the favorites for the ECFs but they are a playoff caliber team that actually seems to be able to get it done in the end (get in the POs I mean). Good work by their FO.

THE MTL
07-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Smart move for both sides. Felton will finally be in a system that utilizes his speed and penetration. He will shine in D'Antoni's system and most likely command a pretty nice salary 8-11 million in two years

DMasta718
07-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Knicks are heading in the right decision. I like this signing.

GiantYankKnicks
07-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Love this signing.i wasnt big on Signing Felton but for that Amount of money and years its a steal considering guys like Travis Outlaw and Tyrus Thomas are getting 35-40 million.

Giaps
07-10-2010, 06:52 PM
I said it depended on the contract and this was a GREAT GREAT discount for the Knicks and only 2 years with a team option. Great job Walsh. Fear the Wheelchair!

The Raven
07-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Well it does seem like another quality signing for the knicks. Making all the right moves it seems

Trouble87
07-11-2010, 07:53 AM
the Chris Duhon era has been over since the Magic signed him but this is the passing of the torch

Felton is without a doubt our starting PG next year, great addition to the team