PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the 3 guys to play defense on Miami's big 3?

Pages : [1] 2

hgtiger32
07-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Just wondering which team has the best 3 guys who could guard Wade, Bron, and Bosh?

h2r09
07-10-2010, 02:07 PM
nobody can stop them and guard mike miller in the corner.

barreleffact
07-10-2010, 02:08 PM
LA followed by Chicago thanks to thibs then followed by the Celtics should they retain tony allen but idk...wade by himself caused havoc to them.

h2r09
07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
LA followed by Chicago thanks to thibs then followed by the Celtics should they retain tony allen but idk...wade by himself caused havoc to them.

la maybe. chicago not at all and boston not at all.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
the only thing that will stop this team, if they are filled out with Miller, and those types, is chemistry. How can a coach possibly plan to defend a last second play? I mean, at least one of them will have a great game every night
I understand, and totally agree, that we have to see this dream team on the floor first, before we crown then anything. But there can't seriously be a fan out there who doesn't believe deep down this will be the best team over the next 5 years.

the_jon
07-10-2010, 02:11 PM
:facepalm:

I think Heat fans should be banned from PSD. This is getting ridiculous.

pd7631
07-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Lakers

Kobe on Wade
Artest on Lebron
Pau on Bosh

h2r09
07-10-2010, 02:13 PM

why? what did i say that was wrong? how could chicago do it? besides bosh there is no way they contain both lebron and wade and considering boston couldnt even touch d wse during the playoffs im not sure they will be able to stop all 3 when they are all on the floor at the same time. i dont think anybody can in crunch time.

barreleffact
07-10-2010, 02:14 PM

I wouldnt count out chicago's chances considering they have one of the best defensive coaches in the league and some solid defensive pieces.

Boston might be a stretch but Pierce, Tony Allen, and Garnett could be an interesting matchup. Hell, a healthy perkins AND rondo too...dont sleep on them. Not saying they will but it wouldnt be too farfetched IMO if it does happen

effen5
07-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Question is who guards lamar, bynum, or gasol? Bosh? lmfao

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Rockets and Lakers probably have the best shots at it.

Ariza on Wade
Battier on Lebron
Scola/Yao on Bosh

hype707
07-10-2010, 02:17 PM
La

Hawkeye15

well, the SG matchup would be a wash, the SF would be heavily Miami, the PF a wash. So unless Bynum just destroys, and Steve Blake hits everything, not sure it matters. But I am curious to see what Miami's roster looks like this year. Those three can't play 48 minutes, and LA will have better depth if Miami has to sign a bunch of league minimums

infernoscurse
jordan on wade
pippen on lebron
horace on bosh

too bad they are retired

go heat for life!!!!

jrm2054
07-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Kobe on Wade Artest on Bron Bynum on Bosh

Thisisouryear!!
07-10-2010, 02:20 PM
easy LA

MJ-BULLS
07-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Lakers

Kobe on Wade
Artest on Lebron
Pau on Bosh

this.

any nba team is beatable.

Frezhnitz
07-10-2010, 02:22 PM
La.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Celts would put Ray on Miller, TA on Wade, Pierce on LBJ, and KG on Bosh. KG can still D up Ru Paul. Oierce has limited LBJ one on one in the playoffs before. Ray can take Kobe on D and play well - I bet he can handle MM. And TA played decent D on Wade this year (he killed us when others played him). You will never stop this team from playing well offensively - you just hope to contain them. BOS and LA can do that, IMO.

the_jon
07-10-2010, 02:26 PM
why? what did i say that was wrong?
Declaring that your team is unguardable and unbeatable when you only have 3 guys under contract and they haven't even taken the floor?

You don't see a problem with that? :rolleyes:

HallofFameKidd
07-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Portland

Roy on Wade
Batum on LBJ
Aldridge/Camby on Bosh

mikantsass
07-10-2010, 02:39 PM
LA has Kobe for Wade, Artest for James and Gasol/Odom for Bosh

Boston has both Allens for Wade, Pierce/TA for James, and KG for Bosh

29$JerZ
07-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Kobe - Artest - Pau/Bynum

Allen - Pierce - Garnett (granted they are older)

Gerald Wallace - Stephen Jackson

Joe J - Josh Smith - Horford?

You can't really stop them, they'll likely get every foul call but those names come to mind.

defender4m
07-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Lakers can. not many other teams

Jaji
07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
The Lakers. Artest on Lebron, Kobe on Wade and an array of bigs to throw at Bosh, in particular Odom.

Reyes6
07-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Rockets, Magic, Spurs.

In that order.

Hellcrooner
07-10-2010, 02:48 PM
kobe on wade artest on lebroom pau on bosh oh i forgot bynum is FREE to do what he pleaae.

and

rondo on wade, pierce on lebroom, kg on bosh oh i forgot allen convers miller and jermaine is FREE to do what he pleases.

Manu on wade, jefferson on lebroom, tim on bosh oh and i fogfrgot SPLITTER and Parker is free to do as they please.

Kidd on wade, butler on lebroom, dirk on bosh , and tery freee to doo blah blah blah.

Please be cocku Miami "fans" 29 other teams fans will be laughin at you next year.

Chronz
07-10-2010, 02:55 PM
The rox

Malz28
07-10-2010, 02:55 PM
The question should also be how are the Heat going to hang with Gasol, Bynum and other bigs in the league? Goes both ways....

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Kobe - Artest - Pau/Bynum

Allen - Pierce - Garnett (granted they are older)

Gerald Wallace - Stephen Jackson

Joe J - Josh Smith - Horford?

You can't really stop them, they'll likely get every foul call but those names come to mind.

i agree with you, those games are going to be pretty boring to watch if you ask me. Dwade drives to the lane , phantom shooting foul, Lebron drives the lane, travels and plows someone over, blocking foul. repeat process, think they will break the record for most freethrows attempted by a team in a single game whatever it is? :laugh: bet by 1/4 of the way through the season they have already attempted double what other teams have.

Frezhnitz
07-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Listen guys, it's ok to be heartbroken, sad, mad, pissed off, etc. The Lakers will cure your pain next year in June. =)

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Listen guys, it's ok to be heartbroken, sad, mad, pissed off, etc. The Lakers will cure your pain next year in June. =)

more like add to it:D

LayZbone
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Definitely the Lakers and Celtics, teams with good team defense. Bobcats, Rockets, and Magic are tough teams.

The scariest defender on the Bulls, to me, was Kirk Hinrich. He always played well against Wade, so I'm glad he's gone to a team w/o relevance. More individuals that scare me: Thabo Sefalosha, Tony Allen, Shane Battier, Ron Artest.

effen5
07-10-2010, 03:02 PM
three vaginas playing together, shouldn't be too hard for the lakers to take down.

Sadds The Gr8
07-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Raptors.

Bargnani on Bosh
Turkoglu on Lebron
Demar/Calderon on Wade.

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 03:03 PM
three vaginas playing together, shouldn't be too hard for the lakers to take down.

I love how Laker fans complain about the Heat fans being cocky, yet they are 10X as cocky.

Hellcrooner
07-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I love how Laker fans complain about the Heat fans being cocky, yet they are 10X as cocky.

16X going 17X

THanks.

Heater4life
07-10-2010, 03:06 PM

You are the most bitter bulls fan i have seen. Not only do you focus on hating the Heat. But act as if your team cant even show up to play ball. your pessimistic posts on the Bulls forum really suck the life out of being a fan. it is truly a blessing not to have you as a member of my Heat forum.

You doubted the Miami signings, enjoy.

what54!?
07-10-2010, 03:06 PM
the lakers have the best shot....but really no one. Not being cocky here

sunnydayin'zona
07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
i'd have to say houston or LA.

ariza on wade
battier on lebron
yao on bosh

kobe on wade
artest on lebron
pau on bosh

Wrench
07-10-2010, 03:08 PM

Banning of the bandwangers is fine with me :facepalm:

This is making the real Heat fans, who have supported this team for a long time look like idiots. Wish I was a Mod, ALOT of these new Heat fans would have 3 day bans for baiting.

arosen36
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
you guys will probably laugh, but nobody in the league plays lebron better than iggy, along with jrue or turner on wade, bosh is a joke, the sixers will play the heat well with doug collins coming in

Catfish1314
It will take more than 3 guys. It takes entire team defenses just to slow down LeBron. The Lakers and Celtics have the best combination of perimeter defense and big bodies inside to slow LeBron or Wade. It would be interesting to see how either tackles that now that they're together.

Assuming Thibodeau can bring his defensive tactics to Chicago, they have some of the personnel but not the brains yet.

shizzle09

well lets see, almost every thread thats created has to do with the Heat. And every single response to these threads comes from haters who talk smack about the heat and their fans. Stop with all the hating and you wouldnt have an issue with the fans of the Heat. we're just overly excited about the players we just landed. whats really funny is each fan base would be just as excited as we are if they landed the top 3. instead other fan bases choose to hate on us.

nickdymez
16x going 17x

thanks.

zing!

Kakaroach
The Rockets have the best tandem as of right now that I can think of. Chuck Hayes on Bosh, Ariza and Battier on LeBron and Wade. Still, even then they'll really do whatever they want.

Lakers, Celtics, and some other teams have the team defense to do it as well.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 03:11 PM

we have every right to be: The Lakers hold records for having (into the 200910 season) the most wins (3,000), the highest winning percentage (61.8%), the most NBA Finals appearances (31), the second fewest non-playoff seasons with five (San Antonio Spurs have four), and the second-most NBA championships with 16, behind the Boston Celtics' 17.[5][6] They also hold the record for compiling the longest win streak (33) in U.S. professional team sports (also an NBA record) in the 197172 season.[7] Fourteen Hall of Famers have played for the Lakers, while four Hall of Famers (John Kundla, Bill Sharman, Pat Riley and Phil Jackson) have coached the team. Four Lakers (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant) have won the NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP) award[8] for a total of 8 MVP awards.
How many titles have the heat won? :cricket: oh yah they only have 1. How many finals apperances? that would be 1 as well. So win before yall start getting cocky.

Heater4life
07-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Banning of the bandwangers is fine with me :facepalm:

This is making the real Heat fans, who have supported this team for a long time look like idiots. Wish I was a Mod, ALOT of these new Heat fans would have 3 day bans for baiting.

totally agree, its funny how you and me can spot the bandwagon fans. where were they when we would have discussions months ago?

in honesty lakers, rockets, bulls, magic, celtics. are all formidable, willing defenders. everyone else is going to have to bring there A games.

IversonIsKrazy
Their own egos

Oefarmy2005
I'd say the lakers. They would be ok on Wade and Bosh, but I don't see Artest being that effective on Lebron. What makes Artest effective is his size and athletic ability - and James has his number in both of those categories.

The Bulls would be in a similar position. Boozer can definitely guard Bosh, Deng may sort of defend Lebron, but they absolutely nobody to stop Wade. I like Rose, but he is too small to be effective against Wade, while Wade is quick and athletic enough to guard Rose.

As far as Celtics go. They would be able to hang with them if the big three were in their prime, but now I just don't see it.

Angel2Maverick
LA, Boston, Orlando, Charlotte, Rockets, Spurs, Hawks, Mavs, Denver

SiR Lakers III
07-10-2010, 03:14 PM
The real question is ...Who's going to stop Kobe? Bynum? Gasol? Check the game of the previous seasons on how Bynum matched up with Bosh

Frezhnitz
07-10-2010, 03:14 PM

Yes, we can. !6 championships to 1. cocky should be allowed.

Oefarmy2005
07-10-2010, 03:16 PM
The rocket could probably guard the wings although I just don't see Ariza and Battier being able to guard Wade and Lebron the whole game. They would be just fine if it was both of them guarding one or the other in split shifts, but not both of them together. Battier is a good defender, but I just don't see him being able to guard Lebron - there is nobody in the league that can - period. Wade you can scheme against due to his lack of size at the position and knee problems, Lebron is unguardable - more so than anybody else in the league except for Bryant perhaps.

VIP1349
Yeah Denver can really take those three out it really depends on who else they have. I mean you got Arron Afflalo a guy that shut down Kobe on Wade, Kenyon Martin a guy who has killed Bosh before again on him and with Melo' on LeBron as evident by this game this year they'll just match each other. I mean nobody will be able to truly stop them, but it really depends on what else they get on how well teams can do so.

Heater4life
we have every right to be: The Lakers hold records for having (into the 2009–10 season) the most wins (3,000), the highest winning percentage (61.8%), the most NBA Finals appearances (31), the second fewest non-playoff seasons with five (San Antonio Spurs have four), and the second-most NBA championships with 16, behind the Boston Celtics' 17.[5][6] They also hold the record for compiling the longest win streak (33) in U.S. professional team sports (also an NBA record) in the 1971–72 season.[7] Fourteen Hall of Famers have played for the Lakers, while four Hall of Famers (John Kundla, Bill Sharman, Pat Riley and Phil Jackson) have coached the team. Four Lakers (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant) have won the NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP) award[8] for a total of 8 MVP awards.
How many titles have the heat won? :cricket: oh yah they only have 1. How many finals apperances? that would be 1 as well. So win before yall start getting cocky.

your exactly what rational Heat fans dispise right now.

Your hating so much that you failed to realize that the guy you responded to isnt even a Heat fan!!!!!
Lakers have history, no doubt. But were coming, win or lose.

bowieinspace
07-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Their own egos

any good 1 on 1 defender since there will be no passing... just each star trying to one up the other

Oefarmy2005
07-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I didn't even think about the Hawks. On paper, they are the only team talented enough to guard the new big three IMO. Josh Smith is the best player to guard Lebron in the league, Johnson can hang with wade I'm sure, and Bosh isn't that hard to guard - so Hortford should be able to do it.

Raph12
07-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Pau vs Bosh, Ron vs Bron, Kobe vs Wade... Game over.

Bearsfan54
07-10-2010, 03:19 PM
why? what did i say that was wrong? how could chicago do it? besides bosh there is no way they contain both lebron and wade and considering boston couldnt even touch d wse during the playoffs im not sure they will be able to stop all 3 when they are all on the floor at the same time. i dont think anybody can in crunch time.

Lmao

Boozer n Noah shut down bosh
Luol Deng is a Lebron Stopper
Rose on Wade

that's good

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 03:20 PM
well lets see, almost every thread thats created has to do with the Heat. And every single response to these threads comes from haters who talk smack about the heat and their fans. Stop with all the hating and you wouldnt have an issue with the fans of the Heat. we're just overly excited about the players we just landed. whats really funny is each fan base would be just as excited as we are if they landed the top 3. instead other fan bases choose to hate on us.

Not talking smack just saying build a team around them and win before you just crown them champs. You should be excited as should all heat fans you guys are relevant again, but i for one would not want Bosh or Lebron on my team. Wade is a different story class act, and a hell of a player. dont get me wrong lebron is great as well but the biggest douche in the nba. i think yall will regret not just going with the wade bosh combo and adding some great role players. I could be wrong and hope i am because i want to see LA vs Miami in the finals but i dont think its going to work with Lebrons ego. Last time i checked they only play the game with one ball.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I personally just can't wait to see Miami average 55 free throw attempts as a team next year. That sounds super exciting

xabial
07-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Lakers.

Gasol or Bynum on Bosh
Artest on Wade or LeBron (Tough Matchup, 2 great players one great defensive player)
Kobe on whoever Artest isnt guarding

Jaji
07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
any good 1 on 1 defender since there will be no passing... just each star trying to one up the other

:sigh:

Have you ever even watched basketball? LeBron is one of the most unselfish players of all time. He could very well average 10 assists this year.

Ethix11
The Heat were a pretty good team last year without LeBron James and Chris Bosh. They always competed and beat LA and Orlando pretty evenly. Boston always had our number though.

ElMarroAfamado

Really.
I mean its one thing for Cavs fans of years passed to guarantee a title EVERYONE season and just get knocked out but HEAT fans are even more cocky with their statements I mean i think i read one comment that someone said they would win 5 in a row

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Your hating so much that you failed to realize that the guy you responded to isnt even a Heat fan!!!!!

I knew he wasnt a heat fan i was simply responding to why we have the right to be cocky over heat fans. This is a forum where other people read responses just as you did right? :rolleyes:

D-Block21-Chito
07-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Effen5 your sig is so awesome man!!!!

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Not talking smack just saying build a team around them and win before you just crown them champs. You should be excited as should all heat fans you guys are relevant again, but i for one would not want Bosh or Lebron on my team. Wade is a different story class act, and a hell of a player. dont get me wrong lebron is great as well but the biggest douche in the nba. i think yall will regret not just going with the wade bosh combo and adding some great role players. I could be wrong and hope i am because i want to see LA vs Miami in the finals but i dont think its going to work with Lebrons ego. Last time i checked they only play the game with one ball.

not sure how you think playing with the only SF in history to average over 8 apg, and a player who has assisted over 38% of his team's baskets over the past 3 years while on the floor at the SF position, is an ego who dominates the ball, and will not help them win.

Wade/Bosh/fillers is not remotely as strong as Wade/Bosh/LeBron/even cheaper fillers

Lakersfanla24
I personally just can't wait to see Miami average 55 free throw attempts as a team next year. That sounds super exciting

more like 60+ :laugh:

ElMarroAfamado

Back 2 Back Champions....you wont win 1 much less any back 2 back

thescore53
07-10-2010, 03:28 PM
i haven't seen anyone besides kg , successfully lock down bosh

footballer2369
07-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Who do the Bulls have to d up Wade again?? Do they even have a SG?

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Who do the Bulls have to d up Wade again?? Do they even have a SG?

are you going to take that quote down now that Beasley is with the Wolves?

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 03:30 PM
not sure how you think playing with the only SF in history to average over 8 apg, and a player who has assisted over 38% of his team's baskets over the past 3 years while on the floor at the SF position, is an ego who dominates the ball, and will not help them win.

Wade/Bosh/fillers is not remotely as strong as Wade/Bosh/LeBron/even cheaper fillers

I understand that and i never once said he dominates the ball, but wade bosh and bron all need the ball in their hands to be effective. How does that work when there is only one ball? Like i said i hope it does work for them i just dont see it as of now.

JNA17
07-10-2010, 03:32 PM
kobe on wade.
Artest on Lebron.
Gasol or Bynum (take ur pick) on Bosh.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 03:32 PM
I understand that and i never once said he dominates the ball, but wade bosh and bron all need the ball in their hands to be effective. How does that work when there is only one ball? Like i said i hope it does work for them i just dont see it as of now.

fair enough. Which is why I can buy into the argument that it will take time for this team. All three will have to become different players than they are used to being. I for one think Wade will be their leading scorer, and LeBron will be more of a playmaker/facilitator. Bosh will probably get the scraps, and I don't mean that in a bad way. My half assed projections for their stats

Bosh
34 mpg. 17/9

LeBron
35 mpg. 24/10/7

Wade
36 mpg. 27/6/4

td0tsfinest
07-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Lakers can matchup very nicely with Heat, one on one.

You can't forget about the Celtics. They maybe too old but they play better team defense than any other team in the league.

And I'm throw the spurs in their cause Greg Popovich is the ****ing man.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 03:36 PM
fair enough. Which is why I can buy into the argument that it will take time for this team. All three will have to become different players than they are used to being. I for one think Wade will be their leading scorer, and LeBron will be more of a playmaker/facilitator. Bosh will probably get the scraps, and I don't mean that in a bad way. My half assed projections for their stats

Bosh
34 mpg. 17/9

LeBron
35 mpg. 24/10/7

Wade
36 mpg. 27/6/4

sounds about right

HouRealCoach
07-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Houston has the best chance

Raptor4life
07-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Cleavland can obviously defend them

Delonte West will give his son, LBJ, a bunch of chores to do at home so they'll miss the game and LBJ will get his 2 other buddies to come help him.

zambo4president
L.A. Obviously. Houston could guard them, but wouldn't put up anything on the scoreboard so that cancels out. Dallas could take them. Chicago's gonna surprise some of you guys, they can hang with anyone defensively.

FOBolous
THE ROCKETS

Ariza on Wade

Battier on Lebron

Yao on Bosh

SA5195
07-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Well for Bosh, he gets intiminated by any big that weighs more than him lol.

But i'm going with LA

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Bucks had success locking down Wade with Charlie Bell. But we traded Bell and Gadz for Maggette. But anything is possible. Moute is a great defender. Delfino is ok. Bogut is good. Skiles teams always play D.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 03:44 PM
The Lakers will be the best. They will have the length to bother LeBron and Wade in the paint. But no 3 players can shut them down

NYK|NYY
07-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Knicks

h2r09
07-10-2010, 03:46 PM
The Lakers will be the best. They will have the length to bother LeBron and Wade in the paint. But no 3 players can shut them down

this post should be the end of the thread. completely correct.

h2r09
07-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Knicks

hahahahahaha. the knicks wouldnt be able to stop brian scalabrine they care abut defense so little.

thescore53
07-10-2010, 03:47 PM
kobe on wade.
Artest on Lebron.
Gasol or Bynum (take ur pick) on Bosh.

gasol and bynum cannot guard bosh at all. did you see the 2 games vs raptors,

thescore53
07-10-2010, 03:48 PM
THE ROCKETS

Ariza on Wade

Battier on Lebron

Yao on Bosh

yao on bosh are you serious.

J_M_B
07-10-2010, 03:49 PM

You really need to stop bro..

Your giving Heat fans a bad rep..

Most true Heat fans stay in our forum and don't bait in the NBA forum.

Just stop, seriously..

h2r09
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Just stop, seriously..

shut up. im not baiting. im talking about the team and having discussions. peple continue to underrate just how good these guys will be together. ill stpo after the next few days until the season starts but just watch guys.

Avenged
07-10-2010, 03:52 PM
I'd say the Lakers matchup well against the Heat. We have the defenders to atleast "trouble" Lebron. Kobe on Wade is pretty equal, I don't think any of them would get the upper hand on each other. Gasol/Bynum could contain Bosh. The only real problem would be Lebron, and no Artest will not stop him. It would really come down to which role players step up.

J_M_B
07-10-2010, 03:55 PM
shut up. im not baiting. im talking about the team and having discussions. peple continue to underrate just how good these guys will be together. ill stpo after the next few days until the season starts but just watch guys.

Shut up?

No sir, I think you need to..

I've been reading your posts and nobody knows how they are going to play together.

They have their opinions and we have ours..

Nobody is underrating this team because nobody has seen them play together on a NBA team. We can't judge their performances together through all star games, etc.

Carter305
07-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Id say boston has the best chance but ppl dont let the hyped and hate get to u! This is dwayne wade and lebron james!!! On the same team!!!...then chirs bosh down low and can run the floor and mike miller knocking down shots.....they are deadly we are deadly! Bring on the hateee we love it!!! But yea boston has the best chance chicago has te coach but not the players to stop em...hinrich was their best defensive player believe it or not

RollinDeep
07-10-2010, 03:58 PM
It's definitely gonna come down to teams that play great TEAM defense. Such as the Lakers/Celtics. If Yao's healthy that gives the Rockets a good chance, but I see Lebron's size being an issue for Ariza much like it was against Pierce. Bulls will have some strong defense this year as well.

Cubsfan365
07-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I think that the Bobcats would actually match up really well against them. Jackson on Wade, Wallace on LeBron, and Chandler/Thomas on Bosh.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 03:59 PM

9-17 18pts 13 rebs decent game

7-19 22 points 7 rebs ok game

the lakers will fare just fine against bosh

J_M_B
07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I'd say the Lakers matchup well against the Heat. We have the defenders to atleast "trouble" Lebron. Kobe on Wade is pretty equal, I don't think any of them would get the upper hand on each other. Gasol/Bynum could contain Bosh. The only real problem would be Lebron, and no Artest will not stop him. It would really come down to which role players step up.

Yeah I'll have to agree with you..

I still think the Lakers have the upper hand, but if Miami can fill out the roster with some quality role players then both these teams will be even.

It looks like Miami will sign Mike Miller and resign Udonis Haslem. Those are two very good role players that will compliment the "3 kings".

Miami now needs a center. They don't need a point guard since it is believed that LeBron will play point guard.

Jenceman
07-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Lakers
Rockets
Celtics

blacknell
07-10-2010, 04:04 PM
nobody

h2r09
07-10-2010, 04:05 PM

that is being constantly double teamed being the #1 option on a bad team. imagine him as the 3rd option now. lots of guys can guard these guys as individuals 1 on 1, but together it is going to be almost impossible if we continue to add shooters around them.

LTBaByyy
07-10-2010, 04:11 PM

Just stop, seriously..

:clap: He really is haha he'll never learn bro

I knew heat fans felt the same way as you

At first I hated just lebron but every since he's been bragging

I now officially hate the heat lol

LTBaByyy
07-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Celtics is more of a team defense!! Like they are a GREAT defense against teams with one or just 2 all stars on the other team so i wont say them ill say the Lakers easily!!!

Artest takes Lebron
Kobe takes Dwade
Bynum can take bosh, w/ Gasol on the help side

They are great defenders

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 04:14 PM
that is being constantly double teamed being the #1 option on a bad team. imagine him as the 3rd option now. lots of guys can guard these guys as individuals 1 on 1, but together it is going to be almost impossible if we continue to add shooters around them.

sorry but dont ask if people watched the game when you urself didnt. The lakers almost never double team anyone. Period. They certainly didnt double him constantly i watched both games they maybe doubled him once or twice but you FAIL. :facepalm:

Nikeman
07-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Laker fans that say Kobe, Artest and Gasol, are right. They have the best chance.. BUT- I would like to make a few points.

Gasol on Bosh- Bosh is much quicker, and I believe can take Gasol off the dribble. If Bosh has Odom on him, we can post Bosh up. If Bynum is put on Bosh, again, Bosh is much more quicker and agile.

Artest on LeBron- Artest cannot stop LeBron, he can only contain him if he can stop him at all. In the last Cavs/Lakers match-up, in a 93-87 Cavs win, LBJ put up 37 pts on 13 for 25 shooting and had 9 assists. Does not seem like he stopped LBJ at all.

In the other game, the Cavs won 102-87, and LBJ finished with 26 pts, with 9-19 shooting and 9 assists. He did have 7 TO's, so it was a decent game, but not great for LBJ.

Artest is a defender that uses his strength and quick hands to his advantage. As far as I am concerned, LeBron is stronger, quicker and much more athletic. This is not an advantage Artest does well in. Artest owned Pierce because PP is not the most athletic or strongest.

Kobe on Wade- Again, I don't think Kobe can stop him, he can only hope to contain him. I know Lakers fans may disagree, but I personally believe Kobe's D is somewhat overrated. Russel Westbrook was able to show some weakness.

Finally,

Bosh, LBJ, and Wade were the only players the Lakers had to worry about in their match-ups. Wade and LBJ often saw double even triple teams, with this new team, you cannot afford to do that, and these guys may see plenty of single coverage.

You cannot stop these guys, you can only hope to contain them, and one guy of the three will have a great game every time.

BSF101
07-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Boston, easily they've already proven they get get to the finals with an older team.

justinnum1
07-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Laker fans that say Kobe, Artest and Gasol, are right. They have the best chance.. BUT- I would like to make a few points.

Gasol on Bosh- Bosh is much quicker, and I believe can take Gasol off the dribble. If Bosh has Odom on him, we can post Bosh up. If Bynum is put on Bosh, again, Bosh is much more quicker and agile.

Artest on LeBron- Artest cannot stop LeBron, he can only contain him if he can stop him at all. In the last Cavs/Lakers match-up, in a 93-87 Cavs win, LBJ put up 37 pts on 13 for 25 shooting and had 9 assists. Does not seem like he stopped LBJ at all.

In the other game, the Cavs won 102-87, and LBJ finished with 26 pts, with 9-19 shooting and 9 assists. He did have 7 TO's, so it was a decent game, but not great for LBJ.

Artest is a defender that uses his strength and quick hands to his advantage. As far as I am concerned, LeBron is stronger, quicker and much more athletic. This is not an advantage Artest does well in. Artest owned Pierce because PP is not the most athletic or strongest.

Kobe on Wade- Again, I don't think Kobe can stop him, he can only hope to contain him. I know Lakers fans may disagree, but I personally believe Kobe's D is somewhat overrated. Russel Westbrook was able to show some weakness.

Finally,

Bosh, LBJ, and Wade were the only players the Lakers had to worry about in their match-ups. Wade and LBJ often saw double even triple teams, with this new team, you cannot afford to do that, and these guys may see plenty of single coverage.

You cannot stop these guys, you can only hope to contain them, and one guy of the three will have a great game every time.
:clap: Someone who knows what they are talking about.

Bruno
Lakers

Kobe on Wade
Artest on Lebron
Pau on Bosh

The edge with this match-up goes slightly to Miami because of Artest on James, but the Lakers have Odom and Bynum, which is HUGE. Pun intended. Miami will need more size to win.

thescore53

i dont need stats i have eyes. gasol and bynum cant guard bosh. he's wayy to quick and the only way to stop him is when they have to leave 3 pt shooters open. thats why a mediocre team like toronto isnt getting blowed out by the lakers

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 04:29 PM
sorry but dont ask if people watched the game when you urself didnt. The lakers almost never double team anyone. Period. They certainly didnt double him constantly i watched both games they maybe doubled him once or twice but you FAIL. :facepalm:

haha, the Lakers never double team down low. Why would they?

Purple&Gold24
07-10-2010, 04:30 PM

Finally,

Nike man that saids Dwanye, LeBron and Bosh, is right. They have the best chance.. BUT- I would like to make a few points

Bosh on Gasol- Not only is Gasol a proven two time nba champ but his finesse and you know what im not even going to waste your time...ill let the players game do the talking...TALENT WINS GAMES TEAMWORK WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 04:30 PM
i dont need stats i have eyes. gasol and bynum cant guard bosh. he's wayy to quick and the only way to stop him is when they have to leave 3 pt shooters open. thats why a mediocre team like toronto isnt getting blowed out by the lakers

I will say thing. They did a decent job on Bosh. But with so much attention now needing to be diverted to the perimeter players the Heat have, Bosh will have little problem handling a single defender, no matter who that is.

marj987
07-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Mario On Lebron
Kidd On Wade
Haywood on bosh
Hod Damn

Jaji
07-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Odom can give Bosh problems. No one seems to be mentioning him but he's the only one on the Lakers who can guard Bosh.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Love stops Bosh
Brewer stops LeBron
Wesley Johnson eats up Wade

this was a no brainer

Bruno
07-10-2010, 04:39 PM
So Pau Gasol can guard Dwight Howard effectively but not Chris Bosh? I'm not worried about Bosh on the block, Pau will check him on the box, IMO. What worries me is Bosh stepping out, hitting mid range jumpers, and opening the paint for Wade and James, by forcing Laker bigs out of the paint. But if that happens they have zero paint presence, if Bosh just lives on the outside all game. Wade, James and Bosh may be good enough to dominate without even having a paint presence, we'll see.

GoferKing_
07-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Tyreke - Wade
Omri Moshe Casspi - Miller
Green (he can do it ;D) - LBJ
DeMarcus - Bosh
Thompson - Joel Anthony

J-Relo
07-10-2010, 04:46 PM
mario on lebron
kidd on wade
haywood on bosh
hod damn

kidd?

97NYer
07-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Lakers

Kobe on Wade
Artest on Lebron
Pau on Bosh

This.

thescore53
07-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Odom can give Bosh problems. No one seems to be mentioning him but he's the only one on the Lakers who can guard Bosh.

ye the same problems he gave big baby right

Avenged
07-10-2010, 05:03 PM
ye the same problems he gave big baby right

Yep, thing is their weight is about 50 of a difference and Glen is a physical banger down low, something Bosh is not.

Jeremy22265
07-10-2010, 05:03 PM
bucks
jennings on wade
luc mbah a moute on lebron
bogut on bosh
salmons or maggete on miller

Angel2Maverick
07-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Lamar Odom can... there is so much depth in the Lakers team its scary:speechless:

Jonathan2323
07-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Lakers match up well, but 1 on 1 Wade, Bosh and LeBron are all unguardable and you won't be able to double team.

Young$avage
07-10-2010, 05:08 PM
People seem to have forgotten about the Lakers amid this nonsensical free agency period. None of the members of the North American Free Agent Agreement can shoot consistently, being better suited for the Lakers. Kobe on D-Wade, Artest on LeBron, and Pau/Bynum/Odom/Caracter on Overrated, I mean, Bosh. The question is, who on Miami can put up a fight against LA's 8 man rotation, soon to become 10 man rotation once we get our rookies (Ebanks and DC) in camp?

Rskinz101
07-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Kobe can take Lebron, Blake can guard Wade, Artest can guard Miller and Gasol can guard Bosh. And finally they got no one to guard Odom and Bynum so with that LA has the numbers.

Baller1
07-10-2010, 05:13 PM
You Laker fans really need to get your heads out of your *****. You guys sound unbelievable. You all give **** to Lebron and the Miami three about being egotistical, yet you seriously believe that the Lakers are still easily the superior team. It truly amazes me.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 05:16 PM
You Laker fans really need to get your heads out of your *****. You guys sound unbelievable. You all give **** to Lebron and the Miami three about being egotistical, yet you seriously believe that the Lakers are still easily the superior team. It truly amazes me.

Uhh thats probably because they are. We actually have almost a full team, not 4 players :moon:

Avenged
07-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Uhh thats probably because they are. We actually have almost a full team, not 4 players :moon:

No need to respond to a post like that. If he expects the Lakers to just lay flat because the Heat got 3 players then so be it, who cares? :shrug:

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 05:20 PM

winning back to back championships earns you the right to think your team is the best, regardless of roster moves this summer.
If Miami fills out with a balance roster, and the three mesh well, then yes, I would think Miami becomes instant favorites. But until next May, the Lakers have the right to talk all they want, and shouldn't be bashed unless they are being irrational.

DCB/LAL
07-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Im sorry you must not of witnessed the Defense the Celtics and Lakers CAN PLAY its the type of D where if you dont have solid role players and rebounding your not gonna win no matter how many stars you have.

The C's D made Lebron quit...it made Wade recruit Bosh and Lebron and well Bosh is just another star not really a superstar.

Young$avage
07-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Log off and never come back.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 05:22 PM

comical, these guys took less money to fill the roster. Mike Miller, Haslem and others will fill the roster. You act like those spots wont be filled.

Kobe/gasol/artest >>>>>>:hide::hide::hide:

Wade/Lebron/Bosh >>>>>>>:win::win::win:

Lakers211221
07-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Lakers, Boston, Chicago, and Orlando would probably be the best 4 against them

DCB/LAL
07-10-2010, 05:25 PM
comical, these guys took less money to fill the roster. Mike Miller, Haslem and others will fill the roster. You act like those spots wont be filled.

Im sorry what have Wade/Lebron/Bosh won together?? Please :shush:

What have Kobe/Gasol won tegether? 2 NBA TITLES!!

Last time I checked 2 titles>0 titles so :shush:

Baller1
07-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Log off and never come back.

No, I think I'll stay.

How about you come back down to reality and accept that your beloved Lakers aren't going to get another three-peat. Whether it be Miami or any other team, Lakers will not win the championship this season.

Yes, I'm the biggest Laker hater ever, but it's because of the egotistical, close-minded fans like yourself.

Avenged

Your little "cute" faces should really be switched because Kobe/Gasol/Artest are coming off back to back championships.

Lakersfanla24
No need to respond to a post like that. If he expects the Lakers to just lay flat because the Heat got 3 players then so be it, who cares? :shrug:

good point sorry sorry bro it just irks me with all these people annoiting the heat champs when they havent played a single game together and have a combined 2 finals appearances and one title between all 3. not to mention lebroom being swept.

DCB/LAL
07-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Your little "cute" faces should really be switched because Kobe/Gasol/Artest are coming off back to back championships.

HAHAHA :laugh: :laugh2:

HEAT fans think they've won something already!!

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 05:28 PM

i know i know, trsut me i got respect for the lakers as do the Miami Heat. They know who the team to beat is. That said we're coming for ya.

DCB/LAL
07-10-2010, 05:29 PM
No, I think I'll stay.

How about you come back down to reality and accept that your beloved Lakers aren't going to get another three-peat. Whether it be Miami or any other team, Lakers will not win the championship this season.

Yes, I'm the biggest Laker hater ever, but it's because of the egotistical, close-minded fans like yourself.

:laugh:

I heard that last year!!

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 05:29 PM

holy cow, relax there champ. This wont be an issue until the finals.

Lakers211221
07-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Heat still have to get through Boston, Orlando, and Chicago long before they can even consider challenging the defending back-to-back Champs!

shizzle09
HAHAHA :laugh: :laugh2:

HEAT fans think they've won something already!!

we did win something, the Lebron sweepstakes. We also got Bosh. If thats not the FA jackpot i dont know what is.

DCB/LAL
People need to realize the Heat need to guard LA to its not just LA guarding them and if they dont find a way to stop LA the Lakers will drop 120 on them everynight. LA has the players and D to stop Miami as shown by their D in the finals when they want to they can play GREAT D.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 05:32 PM
i know i know, trsut me i got respect for the lakers as do the Miami Heat. They know who the team to beat is. That said we're coming for ya.

best of luck to you :rolleyes:

Baller1
07-10-2010, 05:33 PM
:laugh:

I heard that last year!!

What's your point? I even admitted last year that the Lakers were probably going to repeat and were the favorites. But, they had a cake walk through the playoffs last year until the Finals. The match-ups were perfect. The Thunder hadn't ever played in the playoffs. The Jazz get **** on every year by the Lakers, and the Suns were overrated from the start and shouldn't have been in the WCF. This year will be different, and Miami WILL be the best team in the league. If you disagree, you're most likely a Laker fan because you're in denial.

DCB/LAL
we did win something, the Lebron sweepstakes. We also got Bosh. If thats not the FA jackpot i dont know what is.

Yes....you did. Congrats on winning the sweepstakes on 2 guys who haven't won anything in this league. Still doesn't make them better than LA....to be the champ you gotta beat the champ right?

shizzle09
Heat still have to get through Boston, Orlando, and Chicago long before they can even consider challenging the defending back-to-back Champs!

Sorry, its more than likely they have to come through us. The back to back champs had to battle out a victory at home against the Heat last year and lost in Miami and Wade didnt even have Lebron or Bosh so im looking forward to the matchup. Should be good if it happens

DCB/LAL
07-10-2010, 05:34 PM
What's your point? I even admitted last year that the Lakers were probably going to repeat and we the favorites. But, they had a cake walk through the playoffs last year until the Finals. The match-ups were perfect. The Thunder hadn't ever played in the playoffs. The Jazz get **** on every year by the Lakers, and the Suns were overrated from te start and shouldn't have been in the WCF. This year will be different, and Miami WILL be the best team in the league. If you disagree, you're most likely a Laker fan because you're in denial.

hmm you admitted that?? I can probably find posts where you said they weren't especially when the Thunder were playing them.

ichitownclowni
07-10-2010, 05:35 PM
No, I think I'll stay.

Yes, I'm the biggest Laker hater ever, but it's because of the egotistical, close-minded fans like yourself.Do you know how many championships the big 3 have one all togther 1 the Lakers i dont even know

Young$avage
07-10-2010, 05:37 PM

I'm quoting you on this for future reference for my sig. :facepalm:

The_Mac22
Lakers and Bulls.

DCB/LAL
Sorry, its more than likely they have to come through us. The back to back champs had to battle out a victory at home against the Heat last year and lost in Miami and Wade didnt even have Lebron or Bosh so im looking forward to the matchup. Should be good if it happens

Your talking about the regular season man?? :laugh:

Get out of here with that.....the Cavs had the best regular season team the last 2 years what did that get them? Playoffs is a different animal.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Yes....you did. Congrats on winning the sweepstakes on 2 guys who haven't won anything in this league. Still doesn't make them better than LA....to be the champ you gotta beat the champ right?

yessir and i know the Heat arent the champs. Like i said previosuly the lakers are the team to beat and this is obvious. As a Miami fan we have something that could be more than special so our sights are set high. These players havent won anything but Wade has and the core of this team is now ridiculous. if these players mesh it's scary for the league. that is all.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 05:38 PM

its called playing down to the competition something the lakers have always done.:eyebrow: And nobody and i mean nobody has to go through the heat until they win something.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 05:39 PM

Get out of here with that.....the Cavs had the best regular season team the last 2 years what did that get them? Playoffs is a different animal.

and we shall see in the playoffs when that time comes

miamiflorida
07-10-2010, 05:40 PM
People need to realize the Heat need to guard LA to its not just LA guarding them and if they dont find a way to stop LA the Lakers will drop 120 on them everynight. LA has the players and D to stop Miami as shown by their D in the finals when they want to they can play GREAT D.

wade and lebron takin turns guarding kobe... i dont know bout 120.... Ron artest is not playin enough D to stop wade or lebron. But im sure pau will work bosh all game long. Go Heat

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 05:41 PM

:hi5:

LTS
LA has best chance then celtics but they can't stop them

974life
Damn, the Heat havent even won a game and already its " how can anyone stop them"! LOL.

robdizzle3
07-10-2010, 05:43 PM

Well Deng will guard Lebron. JJ the Wade stopper will guard guard Wade lol. And Boozer or Noah can guard Bosh and do a great job.

magichatnumber9
Sorry but if the Heat play the Lakers I;;m all in for the Heat.

CowboysKB24
No one. If the Celtics bring their defense back from last year then definitely. They have shut down everyone, Kobe LBJ Wade, you name it. That doesn't mean the Celtics will beat the Heat in a series, but they will handle them to an extent defensively. Other than that no team has that dominating defense the Cs have. And Doc is extremely great at stopping what he wants to stop. Celtics held the Lakers in check all series long, but fell short in final game, some one has to win, that series could have went either way. Lakers average over 100 points a game and I think broke a 100 once against the Celtics?

But really no one is going to stop this team. Lakers have a chance, but I don't see it happening from a realistic stand point. It is just too much to ask. Mike Miller is as good, if not better than any role player on Lakers. Wade and LBJ are better than anyone on the Lakers. Kobe has the intangibles over them like clutch shots and closing out games, but overall those guys are just younger and in their primes. Bosh and Gasol are equals. So I mean how do they pull it off? They'll need some luck and some serious focus and discipline.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Damn, the Heat havent even won a game and already its " how can anyone stop them"! LOL.

its definatley getting ridiculos :bang:

footballer2369
07-10-2010, 05:44 PM
ya the Celtics shut D-Wade down...

33 7 6 on 56% shooting in the playoff series.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 05:45 PM
No one. If the Celtics bring their defense back from last year then definitely. They have shut down everyone, Kobe LBJ Wade, you name it. That doesn't mean the Celtics will beat the Heat in a series, but they will handle them to an extent defensively. Other than that no team has that dominating defense the Cs have. And Doc is extremely great at stopping what he wants to stop. Celtics held the Lakers in check all series long, but fell short in final game, some one has to win, that series could have went either way.

But really no one is going to stop this team. Lakers have a chance, but I don't see it happening from a realistic stand point. It is just too much to ask. Mike Miller is as good, if not better than any role player on Lakers. Wade and LBJ are better than anyone on the Lakers. Kobe has the intangibles over them like clutch shots and closing out games, but overall those guys are just younger and in their primes. Bosh and Gasol are equals. So I mean how do they pull it off? They'll need some luck and some serious focus and discipline.

:clap: perfectly said

_KB24_
07-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Their egos :shrug:

DCB/LAL
07-10-2010, 05:47 PM
The question isn't how are people gonna guard the Heat but what and how are the Heat gonna stop the juggernaut that is LA? What and how are they gonna guard them?? Ok so you have Wade on Kobe....Bosh on Pau.....Lebron on Odom/Artest....now what you do for Bynum?? Guy has shown he can dominate in the post already and he wasn't even healthy.

LA should play a line-up of...

PG-Kobe Bryant
SG-Ron Artest
SF-Lamar Odom
PF-Pau Gasol
C-Andrew Bynum

That way they can clog the lane these guys cant shoot make them shoot or play a zone.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 05:48 PM
its definatley getting ridiculos :bang:

its only getting ridiculous because your laker ego is being threatened. There's a reason vegas has the heat at 8/5 odds and the lakers at 11/5 with nobody else relatively close. The champs are the champs until they are dethroned. we get that. we feel we are going to win the east ill leave it at that

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 05:50 PM
The question isn't how are people gonna guard the Heat but what and how are the Heat gonna stop the juggernaut that is LA? What and how are they gonna guard them?? Ok so you have Wade on Kobe....Bosh on Pau.....Lebron on Odom/Artest....now what you do for Bynum?? Guy has shown he can dominate in the post already and he wasn't even healthy.

LA should play a line-up of...

PG-Kobe Bryant
SG-Ron Artest
SF-Lamar Odom
PF-Pau Gasol
C-Andrew Bynum

That way they can clog the lane these guys cant shoot make them shoot or play a zone.

they should play this lineup and that lineup is pretty ridiculous. The heats starting 5 will be ridiculous as well.

Bigmyyke
07-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Lakers

Kobe on Wade
Artest on Lebron
Pau on Bosh

you forgot to mention Bynum & Odom. What scrubs will miami have on the bench to match those two guys?

Sorry Miami you have a good squad no doubt. but we have a better squad, and one that have experience at winning championships.

Young$avage
07-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Zone Defense is the way to go.

-signature-

DCB/LAL
07-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Zone Defense is the way to go.

-signature-

Thats what I said they should play a Zone make these guys shoot.

thescore53
07-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Yep, thing is their weight is about 50 of a difference and Glen is a physical banger down low, something Bosh is not.

to tell you the truth there also isnt anyone that can guard bargs one on one on the lakers

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 05:56 PM
No one. If the Celtics bring their defense back from last year then definitely. They have shut down everyone, Kobe LBJ Wade, you name it. That doesn't mean the Celtics will beat the Heat in a series, but they will handle them to an extent defensively. Other than that no team has that dominating defense the Cs have. And Doc is extremely great at stopping what he wants to stop. Celtics held the Lakers in check all series long, but fell short in final game, some one has to win, that series could have went either way. Lakers average over 100 points a game and I think broke a 100 once against the Celtics?

g gs min fg% 3pt% FT% Off Def Tot Ast stl blk To Fls Pts
7 7 41.1 0.405 0.319 0.883 1.7 6.3 8.0 3.9 2.1 0.7 3.9 3.9 28.6
doesnt look like shutting down to me
Dwade 33 7 & 6 doesnt look like shutting down to me
Shut lebron down, no question but think before you speak.

As far as bosh being equal to gasol you have absolutley no way in hell they are equals. Gasol is far better offensively and defensively then bosh could ever think of being.:punish

Young$avage
07-10-2010, 05:57 PM

My friend, does that NOT represent what the Lakers were the past 3 years? :)

Westbrook36
07-10-2010, 05:58 PM
It's all about team defense to shut down a team that the Heat have at this point.

CowboysKB24
07-10-2010, 05:59 PM
ya the Celtics shut D-Wade down...

33 7 6 on 56% shooting in the playoff series.

I am sorry, I stand corrected, they shut down everyone but Wade. It was barely a competitive enough series for them to even take seriously is what I should have said. Either way the defense held the Miami offense as a whole in check. Better? LOL.

LykeOmgTommy
07-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Houston,
Ariza-Wade
Battier-Lebron
Yao/Hill-Bosh

Truheatfan
07-10-2010, 06:01 PM
L.A., boston has to play great team defense cuz 1 on 1 they cant guard wade and lbj and chicago HeLL NO! whose gonna guard wade? rose canrt and hinrichs gone and what about lebron PLZ dont say deng!

thescore53

what has gasol done before kobe :shush:

what has kobe done without shaq before gasol :shush:

bosh now has TWo ''kobe's'' 2 superstars, just wait and see

DCB/LAL
I am sorry, I stand corrected, they shut down everyone but Wade. It was barely a competitive enough series for them to even take seriously is what I should have said. Either way the defense held the Miami offense as a whole in check. Better? LOL.

So your saying you have no idea what your talking about? Yeah better now.

CowboysKB24
g gs min fg% 3pt% FT% Off Def Tot Ast stl blk To Fls Pts
7 7 41.1 0.405 0.319 0.883 1.7 6.3 8.0 3.9 2.1 0.7 3.9 3.9 28.6
doesnt look like shutting down to me
Dwade 33 7 & 6 doesnt look like shutting down to me
Shut lebron down, no question but think before you speak.

As far as bosh being equal to gasol you have absolutley no way in hell they are equals. Gasol is far better offensively and defensively then bosh could ever think of being.:punish

Okay, like I said before, they didn't shut wade down, but they shut down the team as a whole.

CowboysKB24
07-10-2010, 06:02 PM
So your saying you have no idea what your talking about? Yeah better now.

I am sorry I can admit I am not perfect, but you are missing the point and just picking out one thing that is wrong. You are just bitter right now. Go get a tissue and whip those tears. I was just trying to give the Celtics some credit, they deserve it.

DCB/LAL
what has gasol done before kobe :shush:

what has kobe done without shaq before gasol :shush:

bosh now has TWo ''kobe's'' 2 superstars, just wait and see

Kobe/Gasol 2 NBA TITLES....and.....

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

What you got??

I thought so..... :shush:

Lakersfanla24
its only getting ridiculous because your laker ego is being threatened. There's a reason vegas has the heat at 8/5 odds and the lakers at 11/5 with nobody else relatively close. The champs are the champs until they are dethroned. we get that. we feel we are going to win the east ill leave it at that

:laugh: The only way our ego gets threatened is when we dont produce and that happens uhhh almost never:D

Young$avage
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
A good team defense will always shut down Superstars. Period.

thescore53
07-10-2010, 06:04 PM
i'm some what on the bandwaggon ;)

bulldog312
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Everyone here is assuming that they are going to play against all man to man defense. If I was a coach I would play primarily zone (with the exception of a few of the best man to man defensive teams in the league). Be more prepared to help out inside on the drives and make Lebron and Wade score their points from the perimeter.. They are capable of doing it, but its the lesser of 2 evils.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM
A good team defense will always shut down Superstars. Period.

Maybe 1 but not 3

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Okay, like I said before, they didn't shut wade down, but they shut down the team as a whole.

btw forgot to label it but the top #s were Kobes so no they didnt shut him down either so :shush:

as far as kobe not winning without shaq or gasol what about jordan without pippen? stfu with that lame *** argument le***** ran to the heat cuz he had to try and win a ring somehow. Still dont see it happening tho too many egos

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 06:08 PM
:laugh: The only way our ego gets threatened is when we dont produce and that happens uhhh almost never:D

you just dont realize what Wade and Lebron on the same team will do.

everyone complaining about what Miami is doing when this is what someone needed to do to take down the lakers. the team has just started to come together. stay tuned

DCB/LAL
07-10-2010, 06:09 PM
you just dont realize what Wade and Lebron on the same team will do.

everyone complaining about what Miami is doing when this is what someone needed to do to take down the lakers. the team has just started to come together. stay tuned

Clog the lane? Neither can shoot.

prodigy
07-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Whoever takes Lebron out first.

kjoke
07-10-2010, 06:14 PM
none particularity, but if i had to say one it would be the lakers BUT....

clev beat the lakers twice last season with just lebron james
Heat came up just short with a miracle 3 by kobe and won the other just wade
toronto beat the laks ,and lost by 2 the other game with just bosh

now put all 3 on one team, and try to stop them

thescore53
07-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Whoever takes Lebron out first.

i like your sig. he also said he will not rest till he brings a championship to cleveland

thescore53
07-10-2010, 06:16 PM
lebron won 61 games with a so so supporting cast. what is he gonna do with two other superstars

Public Enemy #1
07-10-2010, 06:21 PM
This is getting annoying and its only been 2 days. The Heat aren't champions yet, they have a lot of work to do. Signing Mike Miller doesn't solve all their problems. Honestly, you guys are acting like Mike Miller is some sort of god now that he plays with Wade/LBJ/Bosh. lol Get a hold of yourselves, way to early to being cocky and overconfident.

Public Enemy #1
07-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Clog the lane? Neither can shoot.

Both can shoot. Wade has a consistent mid range jumper and Lebron has an average jumper. Team defense is important. Kind of like how the Celtics played 2 years ago, not one guy was shut down, everybody was shut down. Thats what opposing teams will have to do vs the Heat. Going to be impossible vs most teams but some could succeed aka Lakers, Magic, Rockets, and maybe the Celtics.

swl320
07-10-2010, 06:24 PM
These three guys have unbelievable talent but as a celtics fan, calling these guys on the heat the "Big Three" drives me crazy, Are people in sports that lazy and uncreative they are using a name that has literally been used three years ago. and lakers could take down the heat

TheGsw
07-10-2010, 06:25 PM
La and rockets

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2010, 06:34 PM

I'm not a Kobe fan, or a Jordan fan for that matter, but I LOVE the sig. lol

And yes, anybody who thinks that the Lakers wont be able to compete with Miami is smoking something wacky. I'm not a Kobe fan in the least, but the guy is still a monster on defense and will be able to exploit the post up on Wade, Artest will not shut LBJ down, but he will make him play less effectively (just as Pierce did in the second round this year- even when James had big scoring nights, his % was down) and Gasol can defend and outscore Bosh. Gasol is the better player of the two.

And as the quote above states: who guard Odom and Bynum while Miami's dream team has their hands full with Kobe, Gasol and Artest?

LA is still the team to beat in the west, and Orlando and Boston are still the teams to beat in the east. I got Chicago third. The Heat can even call themsleves contenders until they at least have somebody depth in the front court, i mean, they dont even have a center!

Lets wait and see who Riley convinces to take a pay-cut to play the the Olympians before we even think of calling them contenders, let alone the team to beat.

And for the record, I'd take Jordan, Pippen and Rodman over LBJ, Wade and Bosh any day of the week.

drobe86
07-10-2010, 06:35 PM
The answer here is NOBODY. The Heat have 3 of the top 5 players in the NBA. I don't care who you have. Even if you look at the Lakers it doesnt match up because they're top 3 are nowhere near the Heat.

fisher vs. chalmers = equal matchup
kobe vs. wade= Earlier in his career yea I would take kobe but not now. I'll take wade
artest vs. King James= mark the king down for another 30 8 and 5
gasol vs. bosh= this is a good matchup but statistically bosh gets the edge here.
bynum vs. n/a= doesnt matter the lakers win here but bynum not an impact player

mike miller vs. odom= is equal all the way around.

Bottom line: sure people talk about the Heat not having depth but It won't matter. If wade, james, and bosh come off the floor up 25-30 points how will it matter what bums come in? I think you people are underestimating the talents of these 3 players. Simply put they have a dream team... And they will surely make everyone else around them better. I'm no heat fan but barring injury nobody in the NBA stands a chance. I'd be surprised if this team lost a game in 2010. If 82-0 was ever thought of in the NBA this is the best chance for it.

drobe86
07-10-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm not a Kobe fan, or a Jordan fan for that matter, but I LOVE the sig. lol

And yes, anybody who thinks that the Lakers wont be able to compete with Miami is smoking something wacky. I'm not a Kobe fan in the least, but the guy is still a monster on defense and will be able to exploit the post up on Wade, Artest will not shut LBJ down, but he will make him play less effectively (just as Pierce did in the second round this year- even when James had big scoring nights, his % was down) and Gasol can defend and outscore Bosh. Gasol is the better player of the two.

And as the quote above states: who guard Odom and Bynum while Miami's dream team has their hands full with Kobe, Gasol and Artest?

LA is still the team to beat in the west, and Orlando and Boston are still the teams to beat in the east. I got Chicago third. The Heat can even call themsleves contenders until they at least have somebody depth in the front court, i mean, they dont even have a center!

Lets wait and see who Riley convinces to take a pay-cut to play the the Olympians before we even think of calling them contenders, let alone the team to beat.

And for the record, I'd take Jordan, Pippen and Rodman over LBJ, Wade and Bosh any day of the week.

Gasol being better than Bosh is absolutely absurd. Check the statistics my friend. Check the career statistics at that. and Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman aren't as good as Wade, Bosh, and James. Are you kidding me? Jordan is better than wade. But king james ***** on pippen and comparing Rodman to Bosh is borderline insane. Rodman will get you 0 pts and 15 boards. Bosh will get you 24 and 10 are you being serious? Pippen will give you 15 James will give you 30. See where I'm going? And Jordan will give you 30-35 but Wade is at 28-30 so they aren't that far off.

rapsallday
07-10-2010, 06:39 PM

Artest...Kobe...Gasol...guards big three ...Odom in the Corner on mike miller (laughing)...but now whos going to guard Bynum in the middle Haslem(now Im laughing)?? ....

ramz.n
07-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I would say a team like the Thunder...they got westbrook who would not be considered as a player to guard the heats big three but sefolosha guards wade...durant guards lebron and green guards bosh..they got the quickness

prodigy
07-10-2010, 06:41 PM
lebron won 61 games with a so so supporting cast. what is he gonna do with two other superstars

Ya, Lets see what he does with 2 superstars and no supporting cast lol.

prodigy
07-10-2010, 06:42 PM
The team with the best chance to guard the Heat, Will be the Heat. Think about it.

drobe86
07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Artest...Kobe...Gasol...guards big three ...Odom in the Corner on mike miller (laughing)...but now whos going to guard Bynum in the middle Haslem(now Im laughing)?? ....

You would have a point if Bynum were a Star but he's not. He's merely an above average center. I think James dominating artest and Bosh being better than gasol more than make up the difference bynum will give you.....

thescore53
07-10-2010, 06:45 PM
if im not mistaken these were the same things being said about the boston big 3

Lakers211221
07-10-2010, 06:45 PM

I think that the Cavs supporting cast was better than you think...I predict that they will make the playoffs this year without Lebron as a 6-8 seed

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 06:46 PM
The answer here is NOBODY. The Heat have 3 of the top 5 players in the NBA. I don't care who you have. Even if you look at the Lakers it doesnt match up because they're top 3 are nowhere near the Heat.

kobe vs. wade= Earlier in his career yea I would take kobe but not now. I'll take wade
gasol vs. bosh= this is a good matchup but statistically bosh gets the edge here.

Bottom line: sure people talk about the Heat not having depth but It won't matter. If wade, james, and bosh come off the floor up 25-30 points how will it matter what bums come in? I think you people are underestimating the talents of these 3 players. Simply put they have a dream team... And they will surely make everyone else around them better. I'm no heat fan but barring injury nobody in the NBA stands a chance. I'd be surprised if this team lost a game in 2010. If 82-0 was ever thought of in the NBA this is the best chance for it.

hahaha thanks for the good laugh ill give you the point about wade and james being top 5 but bosh c'mon man gimme some of what your smoking.

Gasol is better than Bosh on both ends of the floor. Hes the best power forward in the game right now. Sorry timmy your the best all time but you have slowed a bit still the most fundamently sound though.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 06:46 PM
The team with the best chance to guard the Heat, Will be the Heat. Think about it.

Exactly:clap:

drobe86
07-10-2010, 06:50 PM
hahaha thanks for the good laugh ill give you the point about wade and james being top 5 but bosh c'mon man gimme some of what your smoking.

Gasol is better than Bosh on both ends of the floor. Hes the best power forward in the game right now. Sorry timmy your the best all time but you have slowed a bit still the most fundamently sound though.

You say Gasol is better than Bosh but no NBA gm would tell you that. And neither would I. Considering there rebounding stats are the same, and Bosh averages 6 more pts per game. I'm not sure how Gasol is better.

gunsandtallica
07-10-2010, 06:52 PM
the real question is how those 3 guys play defense on another teams starting 5. cuz theyre gonna be playing 3 on 5 all year. screw the miami flamers and theyre gay *** fans

D Blue987
07-10-2010, 06:57 PM
You say Gasol is better than Bosh but no NBA gm would tell you that. And neither would I. Considering there rebounding stats are the same, and Bosh averages 6 more pts per game. I'm not sure how Gasol is better.

Bosh was the #1 on his team so he got fed way more. Gasol is easily the better play since he has more skills than Bosh does. Bosh wont be able to contend with Bynum and Gasol on the floor at the same time so the point is pretty moot. The heat will need more bigs to contend with the tandem as that is the main reason we have won the championship the past 2 seasons.

SANDBURG23
07-10-2010, 06:57 PM

As it stands almost every team in the NBA will out rebound the Heat. There is not the players available for the Heat to even get enough talent to get into the top third. The fast break points will down, not only for each of the players but the team they all played on last year will have gotten more than this team. They will near the bottom of the league on def boards.

I bet the lakers right now would stick them the best though. Kobe and Artest v Wade & LeBron thats a tough 2 on 2, Miami also has no help behind them if Kobe blows around them like the Lakers. Plus Bynum & Gasol will give Bosh alot of problems. Also Odom knows how to play Def.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:03 PM

I dont like to use stats but since you brought it up 6 more points last year as the #1 option on a shyte team, now that hes the 3rd option he will be lucky to average 17. plus for their career bosh shoots 49% compared to gasols 52% Bosh averages 1 block per game compared to Gasols 1.7 he averages 2.2 assists to go with 2.21 turnovers compared to Gasols 3.3 to 2.4 bosh averages 20.2 points per compared to gasols 18.8

drobe86
07-10-2010, 07:03 PM
As it stands almost every team in the NBA will out rebound the Heat. There is not the players available for the Heat to even get enough talent to get into the top third. The fast break points will down, not only for each of the players but the team they all played on last year will have gotten more than this team. They will near the bottom of the league on def boards.

I bet the lakers right now would stick them the best though. Kobe and Artest v Wade & LeBron thats a tough 2 on 2, Miami also has no help behind them if Kobe blows around them like the Lakers. Plus Bynum & Gasol will give Bosh alot of problems. Also Odom knows how to play Def.

But what you people fail to realize is that I can get 30 pts from LBJ, wade, and Bosh on most nights. That's 90 pts right there. And the nights that I don't wade or LBJ or both can give 40-50. I'm sure I can get 10-15 pts from the other 12 guys on the roster. Kobe will give you 30 gasol 20 bynum 15(thats being generous) I mean you are getting 65 from your top 3 and the Heat are getting 85-90. So all the depth in the world won't solve this problem. Bottomline: I can get more from the Heat big 3 then I can get from the Lakers starting 5......

drobe86
07-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I dont like to use stats but since you brought it up 6 more points last year as the #1 option on a shyte team, now that hes the 3rd option he will be lucky to average 17. plus for their career bosh shoots 49% compared to gasols 52% Bosh averages 1 block per game compared to Gasols 1.7 he averages 2.2 assists to go with 2.21 turnovers compared to Gasols 3.3 to 2.4 bosh averages 20.2 points per compared to gasols 18.8

Bosh would never average 17 ppg unless he was a rookie or 40 years old. I mean he averages 20 for his career that blows your dumb comment out of the water right there. Bosh puts up more shots therefore his percentage would be down considering that Gasol plays with kobe and doesnt take as many shots.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
But what you people fail to realize is that I can get 30 pts from LBJ, wade, and Bosh on most nights. That's 90 pts right there. And the nights that I don't wade or LBJ or both can give 40-50. I'm sure I can get 10-15 pts from the other 12 guys on the roster. Kobe will give you 30 gasol 20 bynum 15(thats being generous) I mean you are getting 65 from your top 3 and the Heat are getting 85-90. So all the depth in the world won't solve this problem. Bottomline: I can get more from the Heat big 3 then I can get from the Lakers starting 5......

pretty sure no 3 players on the same team have ever all dropped 30+ in a single game could be wrong but i doubt it.

kjoke
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
even when artest was guarding james, he put up an average of 31.5 pts and 9 assists
when wade played the lakers he averaged around 27 points and 11.5 assist
when bosh played the lakers he averaged 20 points 10 rebounds

they werent exactly 'shut down' were they. Plus like the 3 said, thell push one antoher to get better and play better, they are gonna work to win the chapionship, none of them had this opportunity to win, and they wont let it go.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Bosh would never average 17 ppg unless he was a rookie or 40 years old. I mean he averages 20 for his career that blows your dumb comment out of the water right there. Bosh puts up more shots therefore his percentage would be down considering that Gasol plays with kobe and doesnt take as many shots.

yah he averages that for his career as a #1 option hes going to be lucky to get 3/4 of the shots he got last year there just isnt that many possesions in a game. lets see how him and his ego deal with being third fiddle. Same goes for James playing second fiddle

THE MTL
07-10-2010, 07:13 PM
And for you losers saying Chi can guard them WHO? Korver on Wade? Boozer on Bosh? Deng on Lebron? ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakers are the only team that has a chance with one-on-one defense. Kobe, Artest, Gasol vs. Wade, Lebron, Bosh.

You play ZONE all day against this team. Which is going to leave Mike Miller/shooter open all day to break the zone...however you NEVER break the zone. Make the shooters beat you.

SANDBURG23

Your arguement is to weak. I'm picking the PF I'm choosing to show you points not the only factor just one of the components.

A List of PF that avg more pts the Dennis Rodamn but not better in there time.

C.BOSH
H.Grant
S.Kemp
L.Johnson

Ask PF form the day how they hated playing the most his name would always come up. He would wear you down def take you of your game. He made things you usually do easy seem like the hardest thing you ever did. And you felt lusky if you got a rebound. The man had 2 season avg 18 rebounds and 5 season abouve 15. If Rodamn guarded Bosh in a seven game series he would avg 13pts and 6 boards. Rodamn would still get 15 boards and be the reason Bosh and some much less.

Wade,James,Bosh would see a def pressure they have never seen if they face Jordan,Pippen,Rodman.

kjoke

exactyl there shot attempts WILL go down, but there % will go higher witht he better looks, so i can see around the same stats from all them

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:14 PM
even when artest was guarding james, he put up an average of 31.5 pts and 9 assists
when wade played the lakers he averaged around 27 points and 11.5 assist
when bosh played the lakers he averaged 20 points 10 rebounds

they werent exactly 'shut down' were they. Plus like the 3 said, thell push one antoher to get better and play better, they are gonna work to win the chapionship, none of them had this opportunity to win, and they wont let it go.

thats all fine and good but they were all playing on different teams last year werent they??? Like i already said there isnt enough possesions in a game for all of them to get 20+ shots night in and night out.

justinnum1
07-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Boston, and chicago proably have the best chance to defend against us, but even then, I can't see a team stopping all 3 of these guys. Are you going to single cover wade and lebron? If you double either of them, miller will be in an open corner hitting the 3.

justinnum1
07-10-2010, 07:15 PM

Yes.:nod:

drobe86
yah he averages that for his career as a #1 option hes going to be lucky to get 3/4 of the shots he got last year there just isnt that many possesions in a game. lets see how him and his ego deal with being third fiddle. Same goes for James playing second fiddle

This would make sense if they had to play 2nd and 3rd fiddle. What people fail to realize is all 3 could average 25-30 pts per game. I mean the average NBA team scores 90-100 pts per game. So instead of needing 12 guys to do it like most teams they can do it with 3. Nobody will have to give up shots and all that nonsense. There will be plenty to go around. Trust me. This is the year that Lebron averages a triple double also.... Count on it...

amit8700
The Lakers do have the most realistic shot at guarding those 3 straight-up, but sometimes it's best said that "your offense is your best defense". I don't think the Lakers have the energy to expend for an entire game on those 3 guys on one end of the floor, nor does any team in the league. You can only hope to limit those guys and not completely stop them. You have to be able to put up your end of the bargain on the offensive side of the ball, and make the big three DEFEND you. The Heat will play 82+ games this season, as will every other team, BUT, you can expect them to get the opposing team's best effort each night.

THE MTL
07-10-2010, 07:16 PM
AS far as the Gasol and Bosh argument. Gasol is def. more skilled! But I guarantee you if you put Gasol on the Raptors last season....they are a WORSE team.

kjoke
07-10-2010, 07:16 PM
thats all fine and good but they were all playing on different teams last year werent they??? Like i already said there isnt enough possesions in a game for all of them to get 20+ shots night in and night out.

and like i said, there gonna be alot more 'makable' shots then they had before, playig alongside one another, the floors gonna be more spread and they be more open then they were ever.

attempts will go down, % will go up

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:17 PM
And for you losers saying Chi can guard them WHO? Korver on Wade? Boozer on Bosh? Deng on Lebron? ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakers are the only team that has a chance with one-on-one defense. Kobe, Artest, Gasol vs. Wade, Lebron, Bosh.

You play ZONE all day against this team. Which is going to leave Mike Miller/shooter open all day to break the zone...however you NEVER break the zone. Make the shooters beat you.

i wish people would really stop talking like miller has already signed i mean he probably will but dont put the cart before the horse.:facepalm:

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:20 PM
This would make sense if they had to play 2nd and 3rd fiddle. What people fail to realize is all 3 could average 25-30 pts per game. I mean the average NBA team scores 90-100 pts per game. So instead of needing 12 guys to do it like most teams they can do it with 3. Nobody will have to give up shots and all that nonsense. There will be plenty to go around. Trust me. This is the year that Lebron averages a triple double also.... Count on it...

like i said before when is the last time a team had 3 players score 25-30 in a single game let alone a whole season? give me that answer and ill let that debate go

Cromedome
07-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I don't even want to talk about Heat basketball or Heat players since they ruined the NBA for years to come.

LakersWinAgain
07-10-2010, 07:30 PM
The more appropriate question is who can stop the Lakers? Everyone keeps talking about how great the heat will be offensively, but everyone forgets that offense doesn't win championships...it just looks good during the regular season (ask Phoenix).

Bosh is not known for his defense and who else does/will the Heat have to anchor their middle? Put in that context, the more relevant question is how will the Heat stop the Lakers? The Lakers' bigs will torch the Heat all day long and the Lakers will come away shooting 60% on layups and dunks. In short, the Lakers will beat the Heat on the glass and in the paint. This is all assuming that the Heat get through the Magic. That's a big IF.

Lakers to Three-peat!

bbcmillionaire
07-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Let lebron and Wade Jack up shots and stop bosh, that should slow those guys down tremendously

Nikeman
07-10-2010, 07:32 PM

The Heat have 3 top 15 players, and 2 of the top 3 players. Not 3 of the top 5. That's pushing it

drobe86
07-10-2010, 07:35 PM
The more appropriate question is who can stop the Lakers? Everyone keeps talking about how great the heat will be offensively, but everyone forgets that offense doesn't win championships...it just looks good during the regular season (ask Phoenix).

Bosh is not known for his defense and who else does/will the Heat have to anchor their middle? Put in that context, the more relevant question is how will the Heat stop the Lakers? The Lakers' bigs will torch the Heat all day long and the Lakers will come away shooting 60% on layups and dunks. In short, the Lakers will beat the Heat on the glass and in the paint. This is all assuming that the Heat get through the Magic. That's a big IF.

Lakers to Three-peat!

But what you fail to realize is this simply won't matter. The Heat big 3 will average about 85 pts per night. And thats on the low end. You seem to forget that I can get 40+ from both James and Wade on any given night. So my answer to your question is that bosh and gasol will end up statistically about even. Bynum should dominate whoever he's playing against but it wont make up for the way james dominates artest. and kobe and wade will statistically be even so whats your point? As I said before and Ill keep saying this I can get more from the Heaet big 3 than I can get from the Lakers starting 5 and possibly 6.....

Iversonfan4life
07-10-2010, 07:39 PM
The thing that scares me the most is that the cavs beat LA twice last year and won 60+ games with Lebron and scrubs like mo williams anderson verejoa. Lebron is the best player in the nba period. no matter who got hurt on the cavs they still dominated as long as Lebron played. now you add arguably the second best player in the league and a top five big man. IMO the nba is gonna be owned by the heat for the next 5/6 years. that said im gettin tix for whenever they come to philly lol.

jiggin
07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
lots of teams will be able to guard these guys...I think people are making a lot bigger deal out of this than it is. this doesn't gaurentee anything for them, other than someone is going to be taking a lot fewer shots since all 3 can't keep up their SPG they are used to.

drobe86
07-10-2010, 07:41 PM
The thing that scares me the most is that the cavs beat LA twice last year and won 60+ games with Lebron and scrubs like mo williams anderson verejoa. Lebron is the best player in the nba period. no matter who got hurt on the cavs they still dominated as long as Lebron played. now you add arguably the second best player in the league and a top five big man. IMO the nba is gonna be owned by the heat for the next 5/6 years. that said im gettin tix for whenever they come to philly lol.

+1 I've already got mine for when they come to dallas....

Kingz4L
07-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Kobe will not stop Wade
Artest will not stop Lebron
Gasol will not stop Bosh

Stop kidding yourself...if kobe was 28 and artest 25 then yes...but the thing I will be interested in seeing is how Kobe will perform now that he cant take any posessions off on defense against this team.

h2r09
07-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Kobe will not stop Wade
Artest will not stop Lebron
Gasol will not stop Bosh

Stop kidding yourself...if kobe was 28 and artest 25 then yes...but the thing I will be interested in seeing is how Kobe will perform now that he cant take any posessions off on defense against this team.

exactly. all thse teams that are being named couldnt stop these guys when they were basically the only option on their team, and you expect them to stop all of them? not gonna happen. these guys are going to have ridiculous field goal percentages

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:51 PM
But what you fail to realize is this simply won't matter. The Heat big 3 will average about 85 pts per night. And thats on the low end. You seem to forget that I can get 40+ from both James and Wade on any given night. So my answer to your question is that bosh and gasol will end up statistically about even. Bynum should dominate whoever he's playing against but it wont make up for the way james dominates artest. and kobe and wade will statistically be even so whats your point? As I said before and Ill keep saying this I can get more from the Heaet big 3 than I can get from the Lakers starting 5 and possibly 6.....

one more time maybe you will answer it this time when is the last time 3 players on the same team all averaged 25+ points? hell even make it 20+

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
exactly. all thse teams that are being named couldnt stop these guys when they were basically the only option on their team, and you expect them to stop all of them? not gonna happen. these guys are going to have ridiculous field goal percentages

I cant wait for this season to start. they might mesh together or their egos will get the best of them for now im going with the latter of the 2.