PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency Grades

Slimsim
07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
What Grades would you give teams So far in Free Agency.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Miami - A + (The trio + miller and haslem coming)
Bulls - A (Boozer & Korver)
Knicks - B + (Amare & Felton)
Clippers - F
Nets - F
Cavs - NA. not fair to grade them. they got ****ed

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Wolves- B-
Milicic for reasonable money
Pekovic is a lottery talent for $4.3 million a year
Beasley for nothing

marlinsfan24
07-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Clippers - F
Nets - F

:clap:

Couldn't have said it better. I really hope the Cavs put that TPE to good use.

celtsballa21
07-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Celtics A-
They did exactly what they needed to, replace Sheed/backup for Perk

Cavs C-
Let go of Lebron, terrible, but they are trying to make moves to bring in other top players

Raptors B
Best thing was to let go of Bosh, they werent going to win with him, might as well start rebuilding with Derozan

Heat A
Would have been better off leaving Lebron out and getting better role players so that it isnt 3 players and washed up old players

Hawks A
They needed to bring back Joe Johnson, but they didnt get another big man, lacking the A+

Knicks B+
Only landed 1 player so far, but they are in a great position for 2011

Nets C-
Needed to land a big star to make playoffs, need to start targeting Melo

Jazz C+
Not bad to let Boozer go, but they dont have a replacement yet, and might miss playoffs

magichatnumber9
07-10-2010, 02:16 PM
What can franchises do when 3 of the top 10 best players in the league conspire and take the league hostage. How about this (NBA F-)

Heater4life
07-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Celtics A-

Cavs C-
Let go of Lebron, terrible, but they are trying to make moves to bring in other top players

Raptors B
Best thing was to let go of Bosh, they werent going to win with him, might as well start rebuilding with Derozan

Heat A
Would have been better off leaving Lebron out and getting better role players so that it isnt 3 players and washed up old players

Hawks A
They needed to bring back Joe Johnson, but they didnt get another big man, lacking the A+

Knicks B+

Nets C-

Jazz C+
Not bad to let Boozer go, but they dont have a replacement yet, and might miss playoffs

A++
Signed Dynas-three and have enough room left to add mike miller and re-sign Udonis Haslem and Joel Anthony. We added the reigning two time mvp in his prime and 5-time all-star Chris Bosh and you want to get picky. lol

mpo619
07-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Warriors B

NYYCowboys
07-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Clippers - F
Nets - F

How could you give the Bulls an A and the Knicks a B+ when the knicks got better players

Heater4life
07-10-2010, 02:21 PM
What can franchises do when 3 of the top 10 best players in the league conspire and take the league hostage. How about this (NBA F-)

lmao

no team had our cap space

no team had our F.O (players said it)

no team was able to convice one of these players to sign

dont blame the NBA, blame your warriors

NY-SportsFan
07-10-2010, 02:26 PM
How could you give the Bulls an A and the Knicks a B+ when the knicks got better players

The Bulls got Boozer for a much cheaper price than Amare. That is a big deal.

And I would not say the Knicks clearly got the better players. Lets see what Amare can do without Nash setting him up.

elam83
07-10-2010, 02:27 PM
heat=A+ (wade,bosh,and lebron all in the beginning of their prime!)
knicks= B+(get rid of all of Isaiah's trash, get stoudemire, great position for 2011)
bulls= B+(get boozer, korver, lebron is out of the division so threy should dominate the central)
celtics= B(keep their big three for one more title run)
hawks=f(worst free agent signing ever plus their still weak up front
nets= f(the joke of free agency)
cavs= INC.(get screwed by lebron, but get 2 1st round pcks, 2 2nd round picks, and a 14.5 mil trade exception)

Vikes_Fan04
07-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Clippers - F
Nets - F

How could you give the Clippers an F?

IMO they made a lot of good, underrated signings with Gomes, and Foye and I don't think they over payed that much. Plus they're getting Blake Griffin back this season.

ldc62
07-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Heat: A+
Knicks: B+ (iffy about Amare)
Bulls: A

ifhmondays
07-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Bucks A: trade for maggette, trade for cdr, sign gooden, resigned delfino, signed salmons.

dnewguy
07-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Miami A+ (anyone that gets Lebron deserves A+)

Chicago A+ (Upgraded their team to 2nd best in East long-term)

Cleveland c- (For that rant, but still got 2 first round pick and 16 million trade exception)

New York A (For their efforts, the basically did their best)

Lakers B (upgrade point guard help)

Boston F (they exposed O neal, then sign him?)

Hawks F- (Johnson got more money than Lebron James...imagine)

Sadds The Gr8
07-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Cavs - F (what other grade could i give them?)
Nets - B- (drafting Favours and getting Travis Outlaw are good pickups.)
Heat - A+++++++++++++++
Bulls - B (Everyone thought they'd get a bigger name than Boozer {Bosh, Wade, Lebron, Joe Johnson}, but Boozer is still good enough)
Clippers - D (but who were we kidding? no1 was gonna go there...no offence)
Raptors - D (we haven't done jack **** all but overpay a bench player, and offer ANOTHER european a contract.)
Knicks - C+ (everyone thought they'd get more than just Amar'e in Free Agency but it didnt happen...would've given a C but they just picked up Randolph who's a great addition to the team.)

yanksknicksgmen
07-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Miami - A+
Bulls - A
Knicks - B+
Clippers - C-
Nets - D

KnicksR4Real
07-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Knicks B+

kEviN21
07-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Wolves- B-
Beasley for nothing

Sorry Hackeye we get a D+. Pekovic is not a lottery talent lol, and we signed TWO pf/c when are two best players are already pf/c's.

thescore53
07-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Wolves- B-
Beasley for nothing

:laugh:

Diggy_2
07-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Heat: A+ Got the top 3 free agents
Bulls: A Got Boozer and Korver and might get JJ
Knicks: B+ Amare and Felton good additions
Nets: C- They didnt really do alot but they have a good draft prospect
Buck: A Brought back Salmons..Added Maggette..Signed Gooden
Hawks: D- They Clearly over paid Joe Johnson point blank period
Timberwolves: B Good addition in Beasly
Celtics: B+ Keeps big 3 and add J.O

Allstar21
still plenty of time left...FA is only 3 days old!

There will prolly be a ton more moves before FA is over (hell Heat don't even have enough players on their roster yet)

Giantwarrior
I blame the state of Florida, they dont have state taxes. They went for the money as well..

I hope the BP Oil Spill spreads over South Beach, Because Lebron James has enough feathers to cover the peninsula.

ClipperfanKevin
07-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Clips B-
Haven't picked up any flashy names, but we've picked up good role players to fill team needs.

Kyle916
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Kings - A

Solely for the purpose that they didn't give somebody like a Travis Outlaw or Amir Johnson 30+ million.

nuggetsyankees
07-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Nuggets F- haven't done anything, lost Petro, gonna lose Kleiza, missed out on JO, gonna miss out on Al Jefferson through trade, our franchise player isn't sure if he wants to stay, corrupt FO, you name it...the Nuggets haven't done it

Bring The Heat
07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Nuggets F- haven't done anything, lost Petro, gonna lose Kleiza, missed out on JO, gonna miss out on Al Jefferson through trade, our franchise player isn't sure if he wants to stay, corrupt FO, you name it...the Nuggets haven't done it

That sucks.... I really liked the Nuggets thought they were heading in the right direction... You guys still have Ty Lawson he's a good young player with a bright future and learning from Billups

zambo4president
07-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Bulls get an A. Kyle Korver, Carlos Boozer, J.J. Reddick (Pending a match)

thebusnotjerome
07-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Celtics: B (Kept their core group, added O'Neal who will fill in nicely for Perkins and Wallace, but they haven't addressed the need of a shooter for the bench)

Nets: C (Lost out on the big free agents, but I like the addition of Outlaw to get them prob. 13 ppg. If the Anthony Morrow deal is true and if they are serious about getting Scola, I consider them to be the 2nd best team in the division)

Knicks: C+ (They got a big name free agent in Amare and added Felton, but still got alot of needs to address)

76ers: N/A (They are the same team as last year minus Dalembert)

Raptors: D (So long Bosh and hello to the rebuilding years starting with Amir Johnson)

Bulls: A (Lost out on the "Big 3" but added Boozer to an already great rebounding team and also added bench shooters Kyle Korver and maybe JJ Reddick)

Cavaliers: D (So long LeBron and hello to the rebuilding years)

Pistons: N/A (Have they done anything this offseason?)

Pacers: N/A (Same as the Pistons)

Bucks: B- (Great addition of veteran leadership with Drew Gooden)

Hawks: B (Kept Joe Johnson. Thats all I need to say)

Bobcats: B- (Lost Felton but kept Chandler and Thomas to remain a underrated team)

Heat: A (Got the three best players from the free agent market on your team is good, but where is the rest of the team?)

Magic: B (Same team plus Duhon minus Reddick? equals same team)

Wizards: C (Best moves occur outside of free agency)

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 03:29 PM

i only gave them an A because the Bulls filled their needs pretty nicely. The knicks did very good as well but were banking on landing 2 big FA's. the knicks did not lose out during FA im just giving the Bulls a higher mark for completing their team.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I blame the state of Florida, they dont have state taxes. They went for the money as well..

I hope the BP Oil Spill spreads over South Beach, Because Lebron James has enough feathers to cover the peninsula.

What?
07-10-2010, 03:46 PM

The knicks got a player who is only slightly better then the players he's replacing in Lee the Bulls just got 5x better at pf and got Kyle Korver for a reasonable price

What?
07-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Heat-A+ (obvious why)
Bulls-A (went from fighting for a playoff spot to easily top 4 in the east
Knicks- B- (Amar'e isn't even close to enough to bring them over the hump at the moment they will be fighting for a playoff spot
Nets- F but a C if they get Morrow for 3yr 12m
Clippers-f they did nothing

Oefarmy2005
07-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Heat - A, I am speechless about what they've been able to do

Bulls - A-, Just became much better and they were already a top 5 team in the east.

Knicks - A+, I hate them but they completely raped the Warriors by trading them Lee at 13 million per year and getting Randolph in return.

Bucks - B+, Some very solid moves by that team, which I am frankly surprised about - just turned themselves into a perrenial playoff team. Would be an A if it wasn't for the terrible contract they signed Gooden to.

Nets - C-, They were in the hunt for Lebron and end up with Morrow and nobody to play up front with Lopez for the next 2 years until Favors develops.

Celtics - Inc - They definitely need to change something else besides replacing Wallace with O'neal.

Lakers - B, Solid pick up in Blake - he is a pass fist PG that can shoot the 3, which is exactly what the triangle needs at that position.

Warriors - D, Overpaid for Lee by at least 2 million per year while having Gadzuric at 7 million per and lost Morrow who was key of the bench for them.

Memphis - C+, It's great that they were able to resign Gay, but the price was too high.

Hawks - C+, See Memphis but replace Gay with Johnson.

Clippers - D-, I don't know what they are trying to do, but recreating the Wolves is not a recipe for success.

Nuggets - F, They've done absolutely nothing considering Melo is in his contract year and publicly asked for more help.

Orlando - D, Haven't done anything - although last year showed there needs too be some improvement.

OKC - Pass, I don't know what they should have done in the free agency thus far, but they have done amazing in the draft once again.

Utah - C, They are still looking for the starting SG, and Milsap should be just fine as a starting PF.

Charlotte - C-, They lost their starting PG and have no depth at that position, while the contract they shelled out for Thomas is more than he is worth.

Dallas - C+, Not much so far here, but signing Haywood was a necessary solid move.

Spurs, Raptors, Cavaliers, Hornets, Pistons, 76ers, Pacers, Wizards, Sacramento, Houston all didn't have much cap to play with - so some moves will be coming later via trade perhaps - other wise Inc. for now.

Almost for got about my Wolves:

Wolves - C-, Picking up Beasley was what improved the grade from a D to C-. Could have signed Milicic for a million less per year, and Pekovic is another PF. If the draft day deal for Webster counts, the grade would be a solid C. This grade is definitely moving either up or down depending on what is done with the log jam at the PF position.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 03:54 PM
How could you give the Clippers an F?

IMO they made a lot of good, underrated signings with Gomes, and Foye and I don't think they over payed that much. Plus they're getting Blake Griffin back this season.

it said FA grade and Griffin does not count. Gomes is weak and i didnt know Foye signed with them. ok, so they get a c or d then.

Ethix11
07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Wolves did good. They got Beasley for nothing. He will be better than Rose.

ramsizzle
07-10-2010, 04:16 PM

shut up :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Sorry Hackeye we get a D+. Pekovic is not a lottery talent lol, and we signed TWO pf/c when are two best players are already pf/c's.

Pekovic was widely regarded as a lottery talent when he was taken, and would have warranted a top 10 pick this year.
And Jefferson is gone dude, you already know this

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM

um, take a gander at what the centers around the league make, and let me know if $15 million over 3 years is really a bad deal...

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 04:23 PM

yikes. I pray to god Beasley becomes better than Rose, but I aint banking on it

AntiG
07-10-2010, 04:37 PM
if there were more pluses you can add to the Heat A, they'd get it. We all just witnessed the greatest free agency in the history of sports.

J-Relo
07-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Heat - A+ (got the best of it)
Bulls - A (got Boozer, added Korver, also may be overpaid but Redick fits nicely)
Knicks - B (got only Amare, no Lebron, made few interesting trades, Felton is a great addition)
Bucks - B+ (some solid pickups)
Nets - B- (no big names, but Morrow is going to get his name known more)
Celtics - F (signed Allen, replace Wallace with O'neil, nothing positive)
Lakers - B (Blake is solid, but they may lose Fisher, but that's just speculation)
Warriors - D (got Lee who will be great next to Biedrins, but lost Randolph and Turiaf in that trade, also Morrow)
Memphis - C+ (resigned Gay, waiting for more)
Hawks - C+ (got Johnson back, overpaid, should do something else too)
Clippers - C (added some help)
Nuggets - F (nothing)
Orlando - F (nothing plus may lose Redick)

Tufnel_11
07-10-2010, 06:09 PM

I thought Malik Rose was out of the league. If not, you are 100% correct. But if you meant Derrick Rose, you are 100% nuts! ;)

Tufnel_11
07-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Celtics A-

Cavs C-

Raptors B

Heat A

Hawks A

Knicks B+

Nets C-

Jazz C+

No Bulls love?

Tufnel_11
07-10-2010, 06:18 PM

You might be able to argue that, but I would strongly disagree. I think David Lee is actually better than Amare, not to mention Boozer. STAT is soft as a marshmallow. Amare and Curry together, LOL!

uprightciti
07-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Knicks : B
Heat : A-
Wolves : B-
Nets : D
Cavs : X
Clips : C-
Bucks : C
Suns : D
Celts : B
Bulls : B
Mavs : B
Laks : C-
Atl : D-
Okc : C
Portlnd : C-
BCats : D+
Gstate : C+

RadiantShot
07-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Magic : A++++++
:3

Slimsim
07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Knicks : B
Heat : A-
Wolves : B-
Nets : D
Cavs : X
Clips : C-
Bucks : C
Suns : D
Celts : B
Bulls : B
Mavs : B
Laks : C-
Atl : D-
Okc : C
Portlnd : C-
BCats : D+
Gstate : C+

poor cavs

J_M_B
07-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Chicago: B+
Miami: A+
New York: A-

kEviN21
07-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Pekovic was widely regarded as a lottery talent when he was taken, and would have warranted a top 10 pick this year.
And Jefferson is gone dude, you already know this

His value is way less now that teams know we HAVE to trade him. Very unfortunate lol. Pekovic to me seems like he already peaked in talent or is very close to doing so. I wanna see him go against bigger NBA guys.
Hopefully we don't trade Big Al for another pf/c and now sf. I do like Beasley and Webster but I feel Beasley won't be in town long and we will want that first rounder spot back in the future.

C- :(

Giaps
07-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't want to limit it to free agency so I will say off season in general. After Miami, I would say:

#2 Knicks:
Signed Amare Stoudemire and got a great deal on Raymond Felton. Picked up a future piece in Anthony Randolph and added 2 rotation players in Azubuike and Turiaf, all tradeable assets. They structured their contracts to keep flexibility for both 2011 and 2012.

#3 Bulls:
Signed Boozer who fits in perfectly as both a scorer and a rebounder. Addressed their other weakness in outside shooting by getting 2 good deals on Korver and JJ Redick (pending). I do wonder however, if they would undo the Hinrich trade, knowing what they know now about the big 3.

The worst summer I think is easily the Cavaliers. Just a total nightmare over there right now and I wish them the best.

Giaps
07-10-2010, 07:02 PM
You might be able to argue that, but I would strongly disagree. I think David Lee is actually better than Amare, not to mention Boozer. STAT is soft as a marshmallow. Amare and Curry together, LOL!
I understand that is your team and you will defend your signings, but you can't honestly say that Boozer or Lee are better than Amare. Amare is regarded better than Bosh by some people. Offensively he is a monster and defensively he isn't... Boozer, Lee and Bosh aren't exactly making the all-defensive team either.

THE MTL
07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Heat: A+++++ (Lebron-Wade-Bosh w/ all three taking less money...As well as expected to retain Haslem/Anthony & pick up Miller)

Knicks: B+ (Amare, Randolph, Turiaf, Azubuike, Felton- addressed several needs in 3 moves)

Bulls: B+ (Signed Boozer and Korver....maybe Reddick but Orlando expected to match)

Nets: D+ (missed all the 1st/2nd/3rd tier players with over 30 mil in cap space)

Cavs: F (lost Lebron with classless Gilbert letter)

Bucks: B+ (team picked up some pieces)

Warriors: C+ (David Lee is a nice acquisition)

Toronto: D (lost Bosh w/ no decent S&T)

Utah: C+ (lost Boozer but didnt overpay...being serious they werent going to win wit him anyway)

Celtics: C (thought they was starting a youth movement but then signed O'Neal.....also Pierce making 15 mil a year = overpaid)

Wolves: C+ (got Beasley for NOTHING, but then overpaid for of all ppl DARKO!)

Clippers: C- (Lost Blake/Outlaw/Gooden to pick up Foye/Gomes/Cook....dont know if its an upgrade or not)

THE MTL
07-10-2010, 07:07 PM
I would say the Knicks have done in SECOND BEST of all teams in Free agency. We addressed several needs and still got one of our guys as well as maintaining flexibility for the Carmelo sweepstakes next year.

LEGENDARYTURK
07-10-2010, 07:18 PM
why would a REAL knicks fan feel bad for the cavs...******* them they used to talk so much bs about the knicks. hahaha im so happy he left them, as a real knick fan i dont want the princess and im happy we can battle him through the years like we did against mj

eibbor
07-10-2010, 07:20 PM
I would say the Knicks have done in SECOND BEST of all teams in Free agency. We addressed several needs and still got one of our guys as well as maintaining flexibility for the Carmelo sweepstakes next year.

I'm right there with ya but I still think they are 3rd. Obviously Heat is 1 but I think Chicago made good moves. I don't personally like Boozer, but they added more rebounding to an already good rebounding team. I hate the guy but with the rebounds and d along with the shooting added I go with them for 2.

As much as I hate the Knicks lol I think they have done well to address obvious issues. Most ppl don't realize that they made good moves and are going to be in great shape in a year to make a splash.

Giaps
07-10-2010, 07:38 PM
why would a REAL knicks fan feel bad for the cavs...******* them they used to talk so much bs about the knicks. hahaha im so happy he left them, as a real knick fan i dont want the princess and im happy we can battle him through the years like we did against mj
I guess I'm a FAKE Knicks fan :rolleyes:. It's called empathy... more than just being competitive in sports. I'm sure there are a lot of depressed people in Ohio right now.

Tufnel_11
07-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I understand that is your team and you will defend your signings, but you can't honestly say that Boozer or Lee are better than Amare. Amare is regarded better than Bosh by some people. Offensively he is a monster and defensively he isn't... Boozer, Lee and Bosh aren't exactly making the all-defensive team either.

Some people think the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese.

The Raven
07-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Clippers - F
Nets - F

agreed

JJ81
07-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I cant wait to see Miami get knocked out of the playoffs!

magichatnumber9
07-11-2010, 07:48 AM
lmao

no team had our cap space

no team had our F.O (players said it)

no team was able to convice one of these players to sign

dont blame the NBA, blame your warriorsYou had a convincing argument until you got to the highlighted part.