PDA

View Full Version : Bell said hes still available

redthorn23
07-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Source: espn (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5369067)

Veteran free-agent forward Raja Bell refuted an Internet story that reported the 33-year-old rejected a contract offer by the Lakers.

"I have not expressed any disinterest in joining the Lakers," Bell told ESPNLosAngeles.com in a phone interview Friday. "I have not been extended an offer that I could have rejected. They are one of several teams I am in contact with."

Bell said he has received several phone calls from former nemesis Kobe Bryant recruiting his services for next season.

In a radio interview with ESPNDallas.com's Tim McMahon earlier in the week, Bell ranked his top-three preferred destinations as Florida (the Heat or Magic), New York (Knicks or Nets), or Dallas. Bell played for the Mavericks in 2002-03.

Good article about are two rookies. Hope they make the team

dru5151
07-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Hey. Raja refutes claims that he refused a lakers offer. Said he is still talking tithe lake show. That's good news I think.

whitemamba33
07-10-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't want him.

Chacarron
07-10-2010, 01:24 PM
He can guard Wade.

redthorn23
07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
i just want him in the team to play defense, so that kobe won't guard wade all game.
if he wont sign with us, i hope devin ebanks will improve as a reliable defender this season

Raidaz4Life
07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Hopefully we get lucky and can sign him.

Lakeshow86
07-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Good news. gives more options. I hope we get him. He's a great defender that can knock down threes. Excellent option off the bench. please Raja come to LA

Lake_Show2416
07-10-2010, 01:40 PM
good to hear...

he's a good defender and 3 point shooter

thats all u need to be a productive Laker role player

i would offer him the remainder of the mid-level 1.8 million a year

then get a BIG for a vet minimum like Kurt Thomas or Brad Miller

SET IT UP FOR A 3PEAT!!!

celtsballa21
07-10-2010, 01:45 PM
The Lakers can't get him. How are they going to sign him after they already used Steve Blake as their MLE. They have no money other than the veterans minimum to give Bell and he isn't going to take a multi-million dollar pay cut.

gr824
07-10-2010, 01:50 PM
good to hear...

he's a good defender and 3 point shooter

thats all u need to be a productive Laker role player

i would offer him the remainder of the mid-level 1.8 million a year

then get a BIG for a vet minimum like Kurt Thomas or Brad Miller

SET IT UP FOR A 3PEAT!!!

Brad Miller probably is not available for the minimum [ nor for even $1.8 million ]. Thomas might come on board for the minimum, but he is soon to be 38 :speechless:, so whatever he has left in the tank in terms of playing on the NBA level has to be in question ...

Lakeshow86
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
The Lakers can't get him. How are they going to sign him after they already used Steve Blake as their MLE. They have no money other than the veterans minimum to give Bell and he isn't going to take a multi-million dollar pay cut.

The best Bell is probably going to be offered is 3 million from some bad team like the wizards or nets. he is looking for a ring. He will take less money to get it im sure. hes probably deciding between Lakers and the Heat. Both can only offer 1.8 million i think. Same thing goes with alot of the other ringless free agents. They will be trying to get onto the Lakers or Heat bandwagon to get a ring. Miami is too damn hot so i hope Raja takes that into consideration and La is HOLLYWOOD! best place to be

justinnum1
07-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Guys, he's coming to the heat, hell, he lives 3 blocks from the arena, and maybe we will take fisher too:D But seriously, LAL-MIA games are going to be epic.

gr824
07-10-2010, 02:01 PM

The total MLE is $5.765 million; Blake got [ at most ] $4 million of that. Thus, the Lakers have $1.765 million of MLE $$$s left to give to someone like Bell, if they so choose ...

As far as Bell not taking a large paycut, reality is that he will take such a slashing in salary wherever he goes because he wants to play for the chance at a title and most, if not all, contenders do not have the available funds and/or the desire to give Bell a full MLE [ or equivalent ] salary [ he missed nearly the entire season in 2009-2010 and he is soon to be 34 years old ] ...

Lakeshow86
07-10-2010, 02:12 PM
The total MLE is $5.765 million; Blake got [ at most ] $4 million of that. Thus, the Lakers have $1.765 million of MLE $$$s left to give to someone like Bell, if they so choose ...

As far as Bell not taking a large paycut, reality is that he will take such a slashing in salary wherever he goes because he wants to play for the chance at a title and most, if not all, contenders do not have the available funds and/or the desire to give Bell a full MLE [ or equivalent ] salary [ he missed nearly the entire season in 2009-2010 and he is soon to be 34 years old ] ...

Right. none of the contenders have the ability to give bell what he's probably worth. All are over the Cap. The only teams that can pay Bell are bad teams under the cap. If he wants a ring he had better come to LA

still1ballin
07-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Mitch needs to get on the ball

New Power House
07-10-2010, 02:17 PM

If Fish goes to Miami then Buss is going to have to open the wallet,again, and sign someone like Bell. He can offer him one year contract and next yearsign him to a better contract. Or Buss can take the big contract of Turk and send Puke and Sasha to Canada. Fisher is the last piece to solve the puzzle of the lakers signing for the summer. Ebanks and Caracter look pretty decent. They are definitely an up grade to Morrison and Powell. Lakers just need either Fisher or Bell, a center and maybe a pg from the SL group.
Brad can only come if the lakers trade with Chicago. We have only Sasha's contract. Fisher can not betray the team that he said was the love of his life! But, is the NBA!

New Power House
07-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Mitch needs to get on the ball

He is waiting for Fisher to make up his mind. I hope he does not turn into a ego rat and join those in Miami. :facepalm:

WPG_LAF_DR#1
07-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I want Bell or Barnes as Kobe backup..........

Statik1
07-10-2010, 02:40 PM
First re sign Fisher

Then go after Bell or Barnes

static_inferno
07-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Guys, he's coming to the heat, hell, he lives 3 blocks from the arena, and maybe we will take fisher too:D But seriously, LAL-MIA games are going to be epic.
And LeBron was born and raised in Ohio, and I think we all know how that turned out.

nanablvd
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
not necessarily a bad news for the Lakers but I dont see him coming. We need athletic defender more anyway. Ebanks would make one but I aint sure if he's ready for prime time right away.

KillaInstinct24
07-10-2010, 03:43 PM
i still want him if we can afford him

New Power House
07-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Bell was rejected by Miami. Now if the Lakers get him,he will have something to prove to them.

evadatam5150
07-10-2010, 04:15 PM
i still want him if we can afford him

Seems to me we could afford a little more if we didn't sign Blake (or signed him for less).. I am still baffled at this acquisition as we didn't really need him (specifically a PG type).. His contract now in retrospect significantly handcuffs the Lakers with regards to dealing with other options who might have been a better fit both offensively and defensively... I truly hope he works out, I just think the Lakers jump the gun and payed too much..

KillaInstinct24
07-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Seems to me we could afford a little more if we didn't sign Blake (or signed him for less).. I am still baffled at this acquisition as we didn't really need him (specifically a PG type).. His contract now in retrospect significantly handcuffs the Lakers with regards to dealing with other options who might have been a better fit both offensively and defensively... I truly hope he works out, I just think the Lakers jump the gun and payed too much..

blake will work out fine, he fits in perfectly with the triangle. he's a tad more traditional than fisher/harper, but at the same time, he isnt as traditional as rondo, jkidd, etc. and he's a shooter and can guard the quicker pgs fisher has trouble with

Testaverde16
07-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Blake will be fine... He is a solid player that represents exactly what we need and Fisher is only going to Miami to motivate Mitch to give him more money. He will be back, and split time at the point with Blake.

Bell would be a great signing if we can get him for the rest of the MLE. Veteran that can defend an hit the open shot... perfect. I say get it done, but you never know with Mitch.

Kobe's Disciple
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM

Celtics fan? LOL!

Miami can offer him their remaining cap space, but they want to use the cap space on two players.

Bell can be Kobe's and Ron's back up and play 20-25 minutes. The Lakers can sign Bell and not re-sign Brown.

DownUnder
07-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Find it promising that Bell says Kobe is in regular contact. Shows the FO aren't sitting dormant and see Bell as a strong option.

anub!s
07-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't want him.

LoL

That's right!

Burleson81
07-10-2010, 08:54 PM
I just find it refreshing to read that Kobe does his "recruiting" behind the scenes, without all the leaked media coverage, tweeting, or powerpoint presentations. I always liked Bell, even as his Suns were beating the Lakers. Good team player, still doubtful he'll the Lakers for so little money.

teal9550
07-10-2010, 09:24 PM
bell would be a good option. We will have to be a great defensive team this year to win!!

mrknowitall
07-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Raja Bell will be a great pick-up for the Lakers to replace Shannon Brown who looks like he's on the outs. He can defend and he can drill the 3 consistently. What more can you ask for in a role player at the guard position? I hope he doesn't get convinced into playing with the Heat for the veteran minimum. He's the type of glue guy that can makes a difference in winning championships and not ala James Posey.

Mave1002
07-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Bell was rejected by Miami. Now if the Lakers get him,he will have something to prove to them.

Got links?

justinnum1
07-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Where does it say we rejected him?

BigGuy951
07-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I hope he agrees to join the Lakers.

New Power House
07-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Got links?

It is pure logic!

KobeBeatJeeesus
07-11-2010, 12:52 AM
But seriously, LAL-MIA games are going to be epic.

Yeah, for Laker fans. Back to the heat forum you go.

Burleson81
07-11-2010, 01:13 AM
It is pure logic!

What does this mean?? No link? Just conjecture?? :confused:

dru5151
07-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah, for Laker fans. Back to the heat forum you go.

Lol.