PDA

View Full Version : NBA superstars who just "want to win"

ClipperfanKevin
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I love how this heap of crap gets fed to NBA fans and they eat it up. Bosh, Wade, and Lebron agree to a "pay cut" so Miller can be signed. If it really was all about winning, these players would be taking $5 million a year so their team can go out and sign players to surround them with. In comparison the average American lives comfortably off of far less than $100,000 per year. 50 times that salary plus endorsements should be enough for a person to live comfortably through his life 5 times over. Lebron took 15 million instead of 18! What a winner. Duncan took 18 million a year instead of 20! Unheard of! And all the NBA fans out there making 50-70k a year respect them for that. :clap:

:facepalm:

h2r09
07-10-2010, 12:55 PM
just because they arent taking the minimum doesnt mean it is all about money. they still all took 2 million less this year alone to help fill out the team. basketball player or not that is still a lot of money to give up in the sake of winning.

HouRealCoach
07-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah dude... They want to win or else they wouldnt be on the same team and if they took that much then Dirk and Allen wouldve joined and everyone would be *****ing harder than that

marlinsfan24
07-10-2010, 01:00 PM
His name says Clipperfan, explains a lot.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2010, 01:16 PM
"pay cut?" lol, you are right. I used to love wade vs Lebroom vs Bosh, but they are so cowards that made everything possible to end up together... WTF is that? You play to compete, its no fun when you have all the best players on your team, its fun when you are challenged to beat the best... Oh Well, I guess those three clowns want it the easy way out... Sorry NBA but LeBroom ****ed the league up...

kEviN21
07-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Insult to Kevins out there lol

Brew Crew
07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I love how this heap of crap gets fed to NBA fans and they eat it up. Bosh, Wade, and Lebron agree to a "pay cut" so Miller can be signed. If it really was all about winning, these players would be taking $5 million a year so their team can go out and sign players to surround them with. In comparison the average American lives comfortably off of far less than $100,000 per year. 50 times that salary plus endorsements should be enough for a person to live comfortably through his life 5 times over. Lebron took 15 million instead of 18! What a winner. Duncan took 18 million a year instead of 20! Unheard of! And all the NBA fans out there making 50-70k a year respect them for that. :clap:

Good stuff. I agree...And anyone who tries to come up with an argument against this must really miss the point.

ClipperfanKevin
07-10-2010, 01:25 PM
No, I hate the formation of the trio as well. I was referring to Duncan's last contract extension, where people were praising him for only taking 18 million dollars a year. Lebron screwed his legacy by jumping ship. If it was all about winning, he would have taken MLE to stay with the Cavs so they could surround him with 15 million dollars more worth of talent.

To bring things into perspective, most of you will never sniff 5 million dollars in TOTAL in your lifetime. These guys deserve 4 times that per year for doing what they love, then slap you all in the face by taking 2 million dollar pay cuts, and you defend them? Each of those three probably made 4-5 million dollar endorsement deals right afterward to make that 2 mil back. :lol:

ClipperfanKevin
07-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Good stuff. I agree...And anyone who tries to come up with an argument against this must really miss the point.

finally, someone who sees a 16.7 million dollar per year contract for how much money it really is.

Chacarron
07-10-2010, 01:30 PM
The next CBA will take care of that I'm sure.

Bornknick73
07-10-2010, 01:32 PM
LOCKOUT!!!

Get ready.

junion
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
I really like Kevin Durant.

ldc62
07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I get your point, its not all about winning otherwise they would take minimums and stack their team up. Luckily it doesn't work like that. . . .