PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference Seeding For Next Season: How would you rank them so far?

Jays Claw
07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
3. Dallas Mavericks
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Utah Jazz
6. Portland Trailblazers
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. Houston Rockets
-------------------------
9. Phoenix Suns
10. Memphis Grizzlies
11. Los Angeles Clippers
12. Sacramento Kings
13. New Orleans Hornets
14. Golden State Warriors
15. Minnesota Timberwolves

BronBron06
07-10-2010, 12:14 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Denver Nuggets
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Portland Trailblazers
6. Houston Rockets
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. New Orleans Hornets

GoodBye Jazz and Suns

Go_NUGGETS
07-10-2010, 12:20 PM
1. LAKERS
2. NUGGETS
3. TRAILBLAZERS
4. MAVERICKS
5. THUNDER
6. JAZZ
7. SUNS
8. SPURS

Lakers will be the team to beat...Trailblazers will be healthy....Mavericks need more chemistry....Thunder will have more experience....Deron wont let Jazz miss the playoffs.....Suns lost Amare, but still have Lopez and Nash....Spurs need fire lit under their ***....And if Nuggets don't lose their coach, and have injuries like they did this past year, then I can see them bein 2 again..POSSIBLY fightin for number 1 spot.

RulerSlick
07-10-2010, 12:22 PM
West is going to suck outside of the Lakers for the most part.

celtsballa21
07-10-2010, 12:22 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Dallas Mavericks
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Houston Rockets
6. Portland Trailblazers
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. Memphis Grizzlies

Thunder may be #1 by the end of the year.

Melo15
07-10-2010, 12:24 PM
1. Lakers
2. Nuggets
3. Mavericks
4. Thunder
5. Blazers
6. Spurs
7. Jazz
8. Rockets

jimbobjarree
07-10-2010, 12:29 PM
haha another season of predictions of the Jazz being in the lottery, and another season of us competing for homecourt...bring it on

GSRaider
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Surprise Mutherf**ers!!!

Warriors are making the playoffs... We got a better squad then the suns, jazz, memph, sac...

Watch it, see it, believe it

Vincent33
07-10-2010, 12:37 PM
1. Lakers
2. Dallas
3. OKC
4. Denver
5. San Antonio
6. Houston
7. Portland
8. Golden State/Clippers

Nobody but Lakers are coming out of the West next year. OKC will be better and would give the Lakers a run. Utah is going to drop big with Boozer and now Korver gone. If Griffin and the rest of the Clippers can stay healthy, I could see them making a run for the playoffs as well as the Warriors with Monta, Curry, Biedrins, and now David Lee. They'll be fun to watch.

BronBron06
07-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Lol DAVID LEE? Mr. OVERRATED FREE AGENT

Seriously poor Warriors

NBAfan4life
07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that either Sac or the clips sneak into the playoffs.

97NYer
07-10-2010, 12:51 PM
1. LAL
2. OKC
3. Mavs
4. Spurs
5. Nuggets
6. Blazers
7. LAC
8. Sac

IDK if Phoenix or Utah will be able to overcome the loss of their all-star bigs.

ldc62
07-10-2010, 12:55 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Denver Nuggets
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Houston Rockets
6. Utah Jazz
7. Portland Trailblazers
8. San Antonio Spurs

Chacarron
07-10-2010, 01:19 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Portland Trailblazers
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Dallas Mavericks
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. Houston Rockets
8. Los Angeles Clippers

9. Memphis Grizzlies
10. Utah Jazz
11. Phoenix Suns
12. Golden State Warriors
13. New Orleans Hornets
14. Sacramento Kings
15. Minnesota Timbewolves

August
07-10-2010, 01:33 PM
1. Los Angeles
2. Denver
3. Oklahoma City
4. Dallas
5. Portland
6. San Antonio
7. Houston
8. Utah

Oefarmy2005
07-10-2010, 01:34 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Dallas Mavericks
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Houston Rockets
6. Portland Trailblazers
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. Memphis Grizzlies

Thunder may be #1 by the end of the year.

X2, maybe Utah vs Memphis though.

Hellcrooner
07-10-2010, 01:36 PM
1 Lakers

2 Spurs

3 Thunder

4 Blazers

5 Mavs

6 Nuggets

7 Grizzlies

8 Jazz

9 Rockets

10 clippers

11 Suns

12 Warriors

13 Kings

14 Hornets

15 Wolves

Reyes6
07-10-2010, 01:36 PM
1. LAL
2. OKC
3. Mavs
4. Spurs
5. Nuggets
6. Blazers
7. LAC
8. Sac

IDK if Phoenix or Utah will be able to overcome the loss of their all-star bigs.

Clippers and Kings make it over the Rockets? :speechless:

AI4MVP
07-10-2010, 01:47 PM
YES I LOVE THIS!!! keep predicting us to miss the playoffs AGAIN just like last year. amare aint gunna amount to ****! keep doubting us again! ill bumb this thread up in a few months

JordansBulls
07-10-2010, 01:55 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
3. Dallas Mavericks
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Portland Trailblazers
6. Houston Rockets
7. Utah Jazz or New Orleans
8. San Antonio Spurs

D-Amazins
07-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Some of you are counting out the Rockets and most of you have'em as a low seed. Sorry but with a healthy Yao and a starting line-up that consists of Brooks, Martin, Ariza and Scola alongside Yao and an above average bench, I see them being a top 4 seed this year. Adelman is seriously underrated.

Lakeshow86
07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Other than the Lakers the West is probably going to suck. lakers should have a cake walk to the finals.

topdog
07-10-2010, 02:24 PM
1. Lakers
2. Mavs (good regular season team)
3. Jazz (Millsap will keep them up here)
4. Spurs (always find a way)
5. Blazers (might be higher if they could ever stay healthy)
6. Thunder (progressing but still not enough to beat the elite)
7. Clippers (Blake makes his debut, Kaman in top form)
8. Suns (Amare's gone but Nash + Gentry = playoffs; Warrick will have improved #s)
9. Rockets ("overachievers": always good - better than they should be)
10. Nugs (too old and broke down, no longer the team to "shock the world")
11. Wolves (Beasley solidifies the young core of Flynn, Johnson, Beasley, Love and Darko [also see: homerism]
12. Hornets (weak prey of the west; when do Paul to HEAT rumors start?)
13. Griz (Gay's got his contract; can he and Mayo work?; how long until Randolph returns to form?)
14. Warriors (Curry, Lee, Biedrins is nice but they need much more)
15. Kings (Cousins will take up 'Reke's room to opperate, not enough shooters to make zones pay)

dimedrpr
07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
1.) Lakers
2.) Thunder
3.) Mavericks
4.) Rockets
5.) Nuggets
6.) Jazz
7.) Spurs
8.) Kings

9.) Suns
10.) Blazers
11.) Hornets
12.) Grizzlies
13.) Clippers
14.) Warriors
15.) Wolves

The west is still full of quality teams but less elite teams right now. If Yao is back and can stay healthy then the Rockets should be really good assuming they re-sign Scola. The Nuggets are hurt by a lack of bigs right now. It will be interesting to see if the teams on the rise (Kings, Blazers, Grizzlies, Clips) can move up and pass the teams on the decline this year. The teams on the decline (Spurs, Mavs, Suns) still have some really good players but are getting a little old.

Hellcrooner
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
you are all unervaluing spurs.

i got news for you SPLITTER is going to gfive wall a run for his money to win ROY.
Yes wall will win, he is AMERICAN and will socer 20 a game. BUt jaust wait and see what spurs can do with a REAL TOUGH center at the side of Dunca.

dimedrpr
07-10-2010, 03:15 PM
1. Lakers
8. Suns (Amare's gone but Nash + Gentry = playoffs; Warrick will have improved #s)
11. Wolves (Beasley solidifies the young core of Flynn, Johnson, Beasley, Love and Darko [also see: homerism]
13. Griz (Gay's got his contract; can he and Mayo work?; how long until Randolph returns to form?)
15. Kings (Cousins will take up 'Reke's room to opperate, not enough shooters to make zones pay)

Be careful not to throw up in your mouth drinking that nasty Kool-Aid. Beasley solidifies something??? Eeesh, a guy nobody wanted even though Miami was literally trying to give him away for a bag of doritos. Darko??? A rookie 2 guard and a 2nd year pg. That is trouble. If the Wolves don't finish with the worst record in the West then Don Nelson should be fired and never let back in the league. Oh wait, that should have happened already. I love that you actually put the Wolves ahead of the Hornets. That is hilarious. You realize of course that they have one of the best PG in the league and an all star PF along with Collison and Thornton who would start on the Wolves right now. At least you put in the (homerism) part.

SF25
07-10-2010, 03:19 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Portland Trail Blazers
5. Dallas Mavericks
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. Utah Jazz
8. Houston Rockets
9. Phoenix Suns
10. Memphis Grizzlies
11. Golden State Warriors
12. Los Angeles Clippers
13. New Orleans Hornets
14. Sacramento Kings

Melo15
07-10-2010, 03:37 PM
1. Lakers

:eyebrow:

Lakersho
07-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Surprise Mutherf**ers!!!

Warriors are making the playoffs... We got a better squad then the suns, jazz, memph, sac...

Watch it, see it, believe it
...come'n stop it...

Some of you are counting out the Rockets and most of you have'em as a low seed. Sorry but with a healthy Yao and a starting line-up that consists of Brooks, Martin, Ariza and Scola alongside Yao and an above average bench, I see them being a top 4 seed this year. Adelman is seriously underrated.

...with a healthy yao, they will be very good , hate to say yao usually goes down about playoff time. if he stays together they are dangerous...

Bruno
07-10-2010, 04:49 PM
1. Lakers
2. Denver
3. Dallas
4. OKC
5. Portland
6. SAS
7. Houston (if Yao can log at least 70 games)
8. Utah

but watch out for Memphis. The Wolves aren't going to make it either, but starting 2011-2012, they will contend for a playoff spot if they hold onto their young core. They're gona be the new Thunder

Flynn
Brewer
Beasley
Jefferson
Love.

Baller1
07-10-2010, 05:21 PM
The Thunder will be the two seed.

I feel it.

soonabooma
07-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I think if OKC can have some good fortune health wise again, we can challenge for the 2nd seed behind LA. They're still the cream of the crop in the West, but I think last season we proved that we can play with pretty much anybody even while being so young. But we could finish in the 8th seed again just as easily. The West is still very tough.

The_Mac22
07-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Everyone doubting the Warriors I see...

Avenged
07-10-2010, 06:16 PM
1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Thunder
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets

I expect the top 3 teams to be in a close race once again with either of 1-3 taking the top spot.

Angel2Maverick
07-10-2010, 06:18 PM
1. Lakers- nuff said

2. Dallas- we were second last year :clap: but unfortunately lost first round :cry:

3. Thunder- Durant looking to challenge for MVP and team looking better than ever

4. Denver- Talented team hopefully injuries wont happen as much :rolleyes:

5. Trailblazers- Up and coming, Brandon Roy looking to get back to the playoffs

6. Spurs- Manu, Duncan, Parker and IMO the best bench

7. Jazz- very tough team want to see what Millsap can do for a full season

8. Rockets- Ariza, Brooks, and the return of Yao should make noise

9. Grizzlies- Great Young Core :clap: they also should make some noise with
Randolph and Gay

10. Suns- The best two man pick and roll is gone but their bench should help ease Amare's leaving

11. Hornets- I dont see them putting Paul in a winning situation

12. Clippers- Lots of talent, don't now if they can stay healthy

13. Warriors- Every D-leaguers dream

14. Kings- Evan is the man but I cant see them do much out in the West

15. Timberwolves- Ive heard they have some chemistry problems

feel free to correct me if im wrong about your team

juggla53
07-10-2010, 06:21 PM
haha another season of predictions of the Jazz being in the lottery, and another season of us competing for homecourt...bring it on

then being absolutley dominated by the lakers

topdog
07-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Be careful not to throw up in your mouth drinking that nasty Kool-Aid. Beasley solidifies something??? Eeesh, a guy nobody wanted even though Miami was literally trying to give him away for a bag of doritos. Darko??? A rookie 2 guard and a 2nd year pg. That is trouble. If the Wolves don't finish with the worst record in the West then Don Nelson should be fired and never let back in the league. Oh wait, that should have happened already. I love that you actually put the Wolves ahead of the Hornets. That is hilarious. You realize of course that they have one of the best PG in the league and an all star PF along with Collison and Thornton who would start on the Wolves right now. At least you put in the (homerism) part.

1) Like I said, I'm obviously overvaluing my own team, but I do think it is a pretty nice core that just needs to grow (if Beasley can even play the 3)

2) Everybody had grand notions of getting max players and overpaying to turn good players into max players. Beasley averaged 14 and 5 last year or something like that and was the 2nd pick in his draft. The guy is only 21 and has some nice talent.

3) You bash me for talking about rookies and second year players and then you mention Collison and Thornton?! ...ummm you know they are 2nd year players, right?

4) The Hornets have 4 good-ish players. You gotta account for the possibility of a sophomore slump. They also are carrying a very overpaid Peja and Okafor and paid to get rid of Mo Pete. They are nothing special and are one injury away from a sub-.500 season.

Niro
07-10-2010, 06:29 PM

yeah curry-ellis-wright-lee-biedrins is nothing like d-leaguers:cool:

i would say

1. Lakers
2. Thunder
3. Mavs
4. Nuggets
5. Blazers
6. Spurs
7. Warriors
8. Kings (have so much potencial with evans and cousins)

topdog
07-10-2010, 06:29 PM
15. Timberwolves- Ive heard they have some chemistry problems

The "chemistry problems" you speak of are between Jefferson and Love. They play fine on offense but suck on D and Love doesn't want to come off the bench.

This is part of the reason why we are trading Al. He also does not pass or run well which, in combination with his poor defense, make him a liability in our system. He is a great offensive post player suited for half-court play.

TheGsw
07-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Who ever said David Lee is overrrated is an idiot.

RadiantShot
07-10-2010, 06:33 PM
1. Lakers
2. Mavs
3. Thunder
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Spurs
7. Kings
8. Suns

TheGsw
07-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Reggie Williams may have came from the dleague but dont be fooled, he was better than most drafted rookies last year.

ragman
07-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm totally underwhelmed at what the Mavs have done in FA so far. Re-signing Brendan Haywood just doesn't do it for me.

RadiantShot
07-10-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm totally underwhelmed at what the Mavs have done in FA so far. Re-signing Brendan Haywood just doesn't do it for me.

They will remain a strong regular season team, and fall short once again in the first or second round. That's how it always is.

Mell413
07-10-2010, 06:41 PM
1.Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Thunder
4. Nuggets
5. Blazers
6. Jazz
7. Spurs
8. Rockets

Lakers211221
07-10-2010, 06:42 PM
1)Lakers
2)Dallas
3)Thunder
4)Nuggets
5)Blazers
6)Spurs
7)Rockets
8)Clippers

cmellofan15
07-10-2010, 06:50 PM
1. Lakers
2. Nuggets
3. Jazz
4. Mavericks
6. Thunder
7. Blazers
8. Rockets

Lakers211221
07-10-2010, 06:51 PM
^^^How do you have the Jazz at #3 after losing Boozer?

nikeking711
07-10-2010, 06:52 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Dallas Mavericks
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Denver Nuggets
6. Portland Trailblazers
7. Los Angeles Clippers
8. Utah Jazz

drobe86
07-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Doesn't really matter because none of these teams will beat the Heat. I love the Mavs but boy does the big 3 linking up detour ANY teams chances of winning a championship for at least the next 5 years.....

cmellofan15
07-10-2010, 07:02 PM
^^^How do you have the Jazz at #3 after losing Boozer?

it's the Jazz. Sloan always finds a way.

Iron24th
07-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Doesn't really matter because none of these teams will beat the Heat. I love the Mavs but boy does the big 3 linking up detour ANY teams chances of winning a championship for at least the next 5 years.....

:facepalm:

TheBay30
07-10-2010, 07:22 PM
1.warriors
2.lakers
3.kings
4.grizz
5.thunder
cant predict any further

PHX2daDEATH
07-10-2010, 07:24 PM
This is really hard to tell and way too early since none of the teams in the west have made any splashes but I'll do it anyways

1. Los Angeles Lakers- If they lose Derek Fisher, I dont see how anybody can call them the clear cut favorites to win the west anymore...Steve Blake? Are you kidding me!!
2. Oklahoma City Thunder- If Mullens and Aldrich give them something, they are going to be a potential lock to grab 1-3 seed
3. Dallas Mavericks- I'll give them the 3 seed because they kept the team together barring any trades they will make, which is likely given the history.. they'll have a full year of Butler and Haywood.. but like everyone says about Nash... Kidd will be a year older
4. Portland Trailblazers-Another big IF.. If they stay healthy, (oden, Roy) they could be a top 3 contender also.. I think they need to make a deal to get a better small foward too
5. Denver Nuggets- if George Karl doesn't come back and Carmelo doesnt sign the extension it'll loom over this team and they wont make the playoffs
6. Phoenix Suns- I'll repeat what AI said, again everybody is counting them out, you did it last year also..
7. San Antonio Spurs- It won't matter how good Tiago is.. TD is declining, Parker is likely gone.. and the Spurs role players lack the magic they had the Championship years.
8. Utah Jazz- They've lost a lot of key players the last year, Boozer, Brewer, Korver and now possibly Wes Mathews we'll see how good Deron Williams and Paul Milsap really are.
9. Memphis Grizzlies- If any of the above teams falter, the Grizz will be the first ones to take the place, they are big and they are talented..
10. Los Angeles Clippers I dont think Blake Griffen comes in and makes an immediate impact, ive said it all along..
11. Houston Rockets-Rockets make the playoffs if Yao comes back injury free, no question.
12. Sacramento Kings- Another year for this team before they start contending
13. New Orleans Hornets-Free Chris Paul please.
14. Golden State Warriors- Until they get a new coach they'll be down here.
15. Minnesota T-Wolves- do i have to even write anything here?

gcoll
07-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Another year where everyone counts the Suns out?

BradyIsTheMan12
07-10-2010, 07:34 PM
4. Portland Trailblazers-Another big IF.. If they stay healthy, (oden, Roy) they could be a top 3 contender also.. I think they need to make a deal to get a better small foward too

I take it you don't know very much about Portland. Nic Batum is/and will be a stud going forward.

JRisdabest
07-10-2010, 07:38 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Dallas Mavericks
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Denver Nuggets
6. ROCKETS
7. BLAZERS
8. CLIPPERS
9. SUNS
10. JAZZ
11. MEMPHIS
12. HORNETS
13. GOLDEN STATE
14. KINGS
15 TIMBERWOLVES

Dodgers99
07-10-2010, 07:45 PM
1. Lakers
2. OKC
3. Dallas
4. Portland
5. San Antonio
6. Denver
7. Houston
8. Utah
-------
9. Phoenix
10. New Orleans
11. Clippers
12. Sacramento
13/14. Memphis/Golden State
15. Minnesota

JordansBulls
07-17-2010, 08:00 PM
1.warriors
2.lakers
3.kings
4.grizz
5.thunder
cant predict any further

:speechless:

What?
07-17-2010, 08:22 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
3. Dallas Mavericks
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Houston Rockets
6. Portland Trailblazers
7. Utah Jazz
8. San Antonio Spurs

9. Phoenix Suns
10. Memphis Grizzlies
11. Los Angeles Clippers
12. Sacramento Kings
13. New Orleans Hornets
14. Golden State Warriors

5-8 are a big toss up and anyone of them could lose a playoff spot to Suns

iggypop123
07-17-2010, 08:30 PM
1. lakers

2 rest of the west

hype707
07-17-2010, 08:44 PM
i would say the Warriors bc i dont know any better but i wont.

THE MTL
07-18-2010, 03:30 AM
I say Denver finally implodes next year. They would have imploded two years ago, but got Billups in the clutch....now with age pressing....frontcourt not healthy b4 training camp....Melo not signing the extension....coach not healthy.

THE MTL
07-18-2010, 03:46 AM
1. Los Angeles Lakers

2. Oklahoma City Thunder

3. Dallas Mavericks

4. Portland Trailblazers- if healthy they can take the West (52 games with injury ridden season last yr)

5. Denver Nuggets- team implodes..bad taste from bad playoff lost

6. Utah Jazz- Got Al Jeff now

7. San Antonio Spurs- declining but still Spurs

8. Memphis Grizzlies