PDA

View Full Version : As A GM, I Would Wait Till 2011

celtsballa21
07-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Like if I was in the Knicks position, I would have signed Amare, and got a solid star player. Waiting a season when the Heat, Bulls, and other teams use up the majority of the cap space, makes the Knicks one of the more favorable places to go in 2011. Although there is a lack of "star" players, some of the best role players are possible free agents in 2011.

Some include:

Jamal Crawford
Al Horford
Kendrick Perkins
Glen Davis
Ray Allen
Joakim Noah
Anthony Parker
Delonte West
Caron Butler
J.R. Smith
Carmelo Anthony
Tayshaun Prince
Rodney Stuckey
Shane Battier
Aaron Brooks
Yao Ming
T.J. Ford
Troy Murphy
Mike Conley
Marc Gasol
Zach Randolph
Michael Redd
Corey Brewer
Jeff Green
Thaddeus Young
Jason Richardson
Greg Oden
Tony Parker

Personally, the number of possible FAs looks far more attractive then the few stars this past year.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
I would guess 50% of them or more are gone by free agency next year, already signed.

Melo15
07-10-2010, 12:14 PM
i would guess 50% of them or more are gone by free agency next year, already signed.

+1

celtsballa21
07-10-2010, 12:15 PM
But many of the top players there have showed interest in leaving. (i.e. Melo and Tony Parker to the Knicks)

Matrix3132
07-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Agreed. I think of a player like Michael Redd who is finishing up one of the worst contracts in basketball. He will obviously not be paid the way he has been and if he can stay healthy he could make a good team great very quickly as a third option, could see him fitting in NY really well in that system launching 3's.

gbrl
07-10-2010, 12:30 PM
melo showed interest in leaving?

SchyGuy11
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I would guess 50% of them or more are gone by free agency next year, already signed.

agreed probably more though

Mudvayne91
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
No guarentee to be a 2011. Well, there will be a 2011, but maybe not in the nba.

The Raven
07-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Frankly i hope **** like this doesnt happen again

Lindystud36
07-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Eddy Curry is a free agent also, you forgot him i think
I hear the team that signs him will have a welcome concert for him also

celtsballa21
07-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Funny how I post this a week before ESPN does

dnewguy
07-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Like if I was in the Knicks position, I would have signed Amare, and got a solid star player. Waiting a season when the Heat, Bulls, and other teams use up the majority of the cap space, makes the Knicks one of the more favorable places to go in 2011. Although there is a lack of "star" players, some of the best role players are possible free agents in 2011.

Some include:

Jamal Crawford
Al Horford
Kendrick Perkins
Glen Davis
Ray Allen
Joakim Noah
Anthony Parker
Delonte West
Caron Butler
J.R. Smith
Carmelo Anthony
Tayshaun Prince
Rodney Stuckey
Shane Battier
Aaron Brooks
Yao Ming
T.J. Ford
Troy Murphy
Mike Conley
Marc Gasol
Zach Randolph
Michael Redd
Corey Brewer
Jeff Green
Thaddeus Young
Jason Richardson
Greg Oden
Tony Parker

Personally, the number of possible FAs looks far more attractive then the few stars this past year.

You would rather have a combination of these than Lebron and Bosh? You prob will never be a GM...btw Ray Allen is not a FA anymore and the Bulls would prob sign Noah to an extension.....nothing left.

celtsballa21
07-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Yao Ming is better than Bosh. Melo, Parker, Yao would be a better team then the Heat because they would actually have money to get starter level players.

scutch11
07-15-2010, 06:11 PM
"Like if I was in the Knicks position, I would have signed Amare, and got a solid star player. Waiting a season when the Heat, Bulls, and other teams use up the majority of the cap space, makes the Knicks one of the more favorable places to go in 2011. Although there is a lack of "star" players, some of the best role players are possible free agents in 2011."

isnt this what the knicks actually did? :confused:

ChiSox219
07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
If I was NY, I would skipped Amare, signed a bunch of guys to big money one/two year contracts to contend in '10-11

In the summer of 2011, I sign Melo and some 1 yr guys.

Then I sign Dwight and CP3 in '12

JDMac80
07-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Yao Ming is better than Bosh. Melo, Parker, Yao would be a better team then the Heat because they would actually have money to get starter level players.

:punish

I don't like the super-friends idea either but melo/yao/parker better than wade/lebron/bosh??? not only are you wrong but here is a list of current trios that are better than that one (plus a few duos since yao never plays):

lakers
miami
boston
rose/boozer
roy/aldridge
durant/westbrook...just to name a few...

as a matter of fact, i like melo/billups/nene or kmart better so why would he leave for that??

Sixerlover
07-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Go look at the 2010 free agent list in 2009 around this time. Then look at who was actually available. The majority of those guys will sign extension either with their current teams, or get traded at the deadline, and agree to an extension with the new team.