PDA

View Full Version : Chris Broussard rips Gilbert

Agar81
07-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Dan Gilbert's real name is Benjamin Button. You know, the character from the smash hit movie, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,'' who looks old when he's young and young when he's old.

How else to explain a 48-year-old man -- an intelligent, accomplished, incredibly wealthy 48-year-old man -- sounding off like an acne-riddled 13-year-old who'd just been jilted by his first love?

LeBron James has been roundly criticized for the stunning way he handled his departure from the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday, and rightly so. James should have informed the team of his decision to leave in person and as soon as he could, thus giving it the chance to formulate a practical Plan B rather than having to react to such devastating news on the fly.

He dumped them -- and northeast Ohio -- on national TV, making the ending unnecessarily dramatic and harsh.

But James is 25 years old. And though in some ways he's unusually mature for his age, he's still 25 years old. No excuses, but at that age, we can all be self-absorbed and unaware of, if not flat-out defiant of, proper protocol.

But Gilbert's nearly twice James' age. And when you're two winters away from 50, you should know better than to act off of pure emotion. If you want to react spontaneously in your living room, ranting and raving like a heartbroken teenager, immaturely pointing out flaws in the one you'd gladly spend the rest of your life with, issuing ridiculous threats that are about as likely as purple rain, and -- get this -- casting spells (apparently, like many teens, Gilbert's a Harry Potter fan), go right ahead.

But to do that publicly? Uhh, two words:

Grow up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=broussard_chris&page=gilbertlbj-100709

I don't know if there is already a thread about this but wow, Chris Broussard with some strong feelings towards Dan Gilbert. I agree with him also.

black1605
07-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Gilbert needs to relax.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:04 PM
that was basically my feeling too. LeBron should have handled it differently. But for Gilbert to be acting like a 7th grade girl is way worse.

prodigy
07-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Last thing on Gilberts mind is what Chris Broussard has to say...

Broussard is aware he himself has pimples correct? lol.

I like the Harry Potter movies.

marlinsfan24
07-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Yeah Gilbert acted like a little ***** about this whole thing. May hurt his chances signing FA's in the future.

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 12:06 PM
It's funny how Lebron gets criticized for acting like an immature spoiled brat, but when the owner of the Cavs who is almost twice the age acts just as, if not more, immature than a player everyone thinks it's so funny and moves on. Gilbert made himself the bad guy in this situation when all he should of done is kept his mouth shut like all other owners in sports.

Melo15
07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Dan Gilbert had to say what he said for the Cleveland fans to hear. In my opinion it was the right thing to do, and the fatheads thing is just hilarious.

That being said he needs to move on. This is starting to get very childish. Yet, if anybody has the right to rip anybody i'm not sure Chris Broussard has earned that right. He was wrong about almost everything he predicted so maybe he should focus more on his job and stop trying to get involved in the Gilbert and LeBron fiasco.

Jaji
07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah LeBron could have done it differently but Gilbert is straight up embarrassing himself. It's absolutely ridiculous. I never thought a grown man could act that way. I wonder if the league will fine him.

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
that was basically my feeling too. LeBron should have handled it differently. But for Gilbert to be acting like a 7th grade girl is way worse.
You have got to be kidding me...

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:15 PM
You have got to be kidding me...

um, Gilbert is acting like a child. Period. And Cleveland will probably have a knee jerk reaction and send a ton of their exception and picks away for a 3rd tier player who will help them get into the playoffs and get smashed.
Gilbert's actions are not helping Cleveland at all.

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:17 PM
um, Gilbert is acting like a child. Period. And Cleveland will probably have a knee jerk reaction and send a ton of their exception and picks away for a 3rd tier player who will help them get into the playoffs and get smashed.
Gilbert's actions are not helping Cleveland at all.
Because LeBron didn't act like an attention-whoring child himself, right?

Look; LeBron has EVERY RIGHT to choose where he wants to play. He's a grown man and can make his own decisions. However, the guy made a public spectacle of taking a **** on the entire state of Ohio, where he was born and raised, during a self-imposed one-hour special on national television. How in the world is Gilbert's reaction worse than that?

prodigy
07-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Gilbert has moved on, He made a statement that the team will no longer talk about anyone not on the roster. He just wanted to get his last rips in there. Loved it!!!! Don't cross the Boss.

bigsams50
07-10-2010, 12:20 PM
LOL He called him a Harry Potter fan :laugh:

avrpatsfan
07-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Gilbert was a real douchbag.

C-ross12
07-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Gilbert may have sounded immature.. But I bet Cavs fans appreciate it.

RulerSlick
07-10-2010, 12:25 PM
my biggest beef is that if Gilbert had all of those negative thoughts about lebron that he let out after Lebron left, why is dude getting so emotional and whiny like a little ***** after lebron decided to leave?:D:facepalm:

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Look; LeBron has EVERY RIGHT to choose where he wants to play. He's a grown man and can make his own decisions. However, the guy made a public spectacle of taking a **** on the entire state of Ohio, where he was born and raised, during a self-imposed one-hour special on national television. How in the world is Gilbert's reaction worse than that?

Because Lebron is a PLAYER and Gilbert is an OWNER. Those two postions come with two different responsibilities. It also doesn't hurt that Gilbert trashed Lebron when Lebron didn't say one bad thing about Cleveland. Also, Gilbert is twice his age and shouldn't be acting this way as an owner. Not only does he set up himself up in a bad light, this reflects very poorly on the organization

artest_kobe
gilbert was totally right in everything he said

m26555
Because Lebron is a PLAYER and Gilbert is an OWNER. Those two postions come with two different responsibilities. It also doesn't hurt that Gilbert trashed Lebron when Lebron didn't say one bad thing about Cleveland. Also, Gilbert is twice his age and shouldn't be acting this way as an owner. Not only does he set up himself up in a bad light, this reflects very poorly on the organization
So in other words, it's okay for players to act like immature, attention-starved adolescents?

Hawkeye15

its a no brainer LeBron approached it wrong. There is no argument there. But LeBron did not go on a tirade calling the owner and fans names, and acting like a child.
Gilbert is a 48 year old man acting like a 13 year old girl. He is not doing his franchise any good. Free agents are not going to go there if they know the owner is a crybaby. Cleveland's team is headed straight downhill, part of that being LeBron's fault, the majority being the owner/front office's fault.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:28 PM
So in other words, it's okay for players to act like immature, attention-starved adolescents?

did LeBron call Gilbert, any fans, or anyone in the Cleveland organization names?

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:30 PM
did LeBron call Gilbert, any fans, or anyone in the Cleveland organization names?
Did Gilbert schedule a one-hour show on ESPN to trash LeBron like LeBron did to trash the state of Ohio?

Stop it.

prodigy
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Gilbert wrote a letter to CAVS FANS. Yes everyone can go see it but was only meant for cavs fans.

Although he loves the attention.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
It's funny how Lebron gets criticized for acting like an immature spoiled brat, but when the owner of the Cavs who is almost twice the age acts just as, if not more, immature than a player everyone thinks it's so funny and moves on. Gilbert made himself the bad guy in this situation when all he should of done is kept his mouth shut like all other owners in sports.

Thank you.

All the Laker fans out there mocking Lebron but they backing up Gilbert.

Those are waste fans to be honest. Hell I even remember them talking **** about Kobe when he almost left but now they poking holes in their Kobe posters and doing the business.

97NYer
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
And if you were a grieving Cavs fan what would you want to hear?

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Did Gilbert schedule a one-hour show on ESPN to trash LeBron like LeBron did to trash the state of Ohio?

Stop it.

Trash the state of Ohio? Were you watching the same show as I was? The only thing he did was break their hearts on national TV. In no way did he say that Cleveland was a dump or he was glad to be out of there. He left for championship aspirations which I admire him for. And if you could body language or have been watching ESPN lately, you must of heard that when they talked to body language experts, they could tell LBJ looked very uncomfortable. Also, when they showed him the video of his jersey being burned, he looked like he was going to cry. So yes, he left the Cavs, but in no way did he trash the Cavs

CowboysKB24
07-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Chris Broussard would eat LBJ's butt, who takes this homer seriously? No one.

magichatnumber9
07-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Chris B looks like Ronald McDonald.

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Trash the state of Ohio? Were you watching the same show as I was? The only thing he did was break their hearts on national TV. In no way did he say that Cleveland was a dump or he was glad to be out of there. He left for championship aspirations which I admire him for. And if you could body language or have been watching ESPN lately, you must of heard that when they talked to body language experts, they could tell LBJ looked very uncomfortable. Also, when they showed him the video of his jersey being burned, he looked like he was going to cry. So yes, he left the Cavs, but in no way did he trash the Cavs
How is going on national TV to announce you are leaving the city where you were born and raised and spent the first seven years of your career NOT trashing the Cavs?

LeBron apologists are the worst. :facepalm:

Knowledge
07-10-2010, 12:43 PM
^He wasnt born in Cleveland, he was born in Akron so he is loyal to Akron. Just because he was born near Cleveland, doesnt make him from Cleveland. Also no matter what team he announced on that show, someone was going to have their feelings hurt. Knicks and Nets fans are hurt right now too, but their ownership/FO is moving on. I feel bad for Cleveland, but it is what it is.

And if you were a grieving Cavs fan what would you want to hear?

It made them feel better that day, but it doesnt change the reality that their team was Lebron. It also added fuel to a already dangerous situation.

Even though Lebron was wrong, it doesnt make Gilbert right. Gilbert is almost 50 years old and he is the owner of a NBA team, he should have some more sense.

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 12:52 PM
How is going on national TV to announce you are leaving the city where you were born and raised and spent the first seven years of your career NOT trashing the Cavs?

There is a big difference between embarrassing a team and trashing a team. Embarrassing a team is what Lebron did to the Cavs, trashing someone is what Gilbert did to Lebron. Gilbert personally attacked Lebron instead of thanking him for the best 7 years the Cavs have ever had.
Also, this tired argument of being born and raised in Cleveland, he WASN't born and raised there. He was born and grew up in a different city which happened to be in the same state.

I'm not a Lebron apologist. I'm just sick of the blind hatred toward him

AddiX
07-10-2010, 12:56 PM
All bron had to do was come out day one and say he was going to the Heat.

Instead he made a complete mockery of the NBA and it's fans. Broussard and the rest of ESPN loved the attention.

It was a joke, and the league is becoming soft.

Jordan got his *** whooped (literally) by the Pistons in his young days and never complained. Never asked for some super team or for the best players to join him. He never made anything into a big that that didn't have to be.

IMO bron has no legacy.

NYYankeesWin#27
07-10-2010, 12:56 PM
id be pissed too, lebron is a ******

thekmp211
07-10-2010, 12:59 PM

psd needs to take the facepalm off as an option.

no one is apologizing for him. he handled a public situation very poorly and hurt a lot of fans. he was probably led astray by his ego and the people around him getting caught up in the whole moment.

all gilbert needed to say was that it was an extremely tough day for the cavs franchise, maybe the hardest ever, but that management was more committed than ever to bringing a championship to cleveland.

bam. done.

he had seven years to avoid this and couldnt get it done, so he's having a tantrum and blaming the guy who just ditched his sorry ***.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2010, 01:05 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right.

1 of the simplest things to learn in life. If you don't think Gilbert is wrong, you are a dumbass.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2010, 01:07 PM
id be pissed too, lebron is a ******

Come on man. If he left for NY, you'd be way happy.

Knowledge
07-10-2010, 01:08 PM

Instead he made a complete mockery of the NBA and it's fans. Broussard and the rest of ESPN loved the attention.

Jordan got his *** whooped (literally) by the Pistons in his young days and never complained. Never asked for some super team or for the best players to join him. He never made anything into a big that that didn't have to be.

IMO bron has no legacy.

Jordan also broke his foot 18 games into his second season which allowed the Bulls to get a lottery pick and trade for Pippen. It was more than just Jordan.

Plus no one in today's NBA is close to Jordan. People need to stop with the Jordan comparisons. Is it really that bad if Lebron is #7 all time time. Is it that big of a insult. Hell, there are some peopel who would take Magic, Larry, Wilt, Robinson, Dr. J, Bill Russell, and others over Jordan if they had the chance.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM

IMO bron has no legacy.

Come on man. If he left for NY, you'd be way happy.

Angel2Maverick
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM

IMO bron has no legacy.

+1

Both handled the Situation childishly

LeBron humilated his fans, his friend (The one's in the Cavaliers),and the organization on TV

Gilbert is trying to tarnish Lebron's public image. This is something you see in Highschool between two girls

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 01:10 PM
psd needs to take the facepalm off as an option.

no one is apologizing for him. he handled a public situation very poorly and hurt a lot of fans. he was probably led astray by his ego and the people around him getting caught up in the whole moment.

all gilbert needed to say was that it was an extremely tough day for the cavs franchise, maybe the hardest ever, but that management was more committed than ever to bringing a championship to cleveland.

bam. done.

he had seven years to avoid this and couldnt get it done, so he's having a tantrum and blaming the guy who just ditched his sorry ***.

This.
If I were a Cavs fan, I would be more worried because of the tantrum than if he had taken the classy high road. His letter reeks of desperation and you can read how scared he is about the whole situation. If I'm a Cavs fan, I'd be more worried after reading this fan letter.

jetsforever
07-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Passionate owner is all I see...

Vincent33
07-10-2010, 01:13 PM
This is the greatest font ever created. Especially if you want to write an open letter destroying a former franchise player while at the same time showing your true colors and completely alienating your team from ever signing a big name free agent in the future.

Both LeBron and Dan Gilbert handled this the wrong way and I bet/hope both are regretting how they went about it. But, still his open letter is one of the GREATEST things an owner of a professional team has done. Sorry Cleveland fans.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2010, 01:14 PM

Stop it.

You are the saddest guy I've ever seen.

1st of all, he scheduled that show BEFORE he made a decision. It just so happens that he chose Miami instead. 2nd, he never trashed Cleveland.

What the **** do you expect him to do? Resign with Cleveland and not have a chance at winning then put up with the **** that you guys give him about never winning?

Mell413
07-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Broussard is right. LeBron didn't approach this well or in the way that most people would like, but Gilbert was out of line here. He has to be more mature than this and he came off looking like a child. If he's going to trash the greatest player in their franchise I don't see any marquee free agents coming in.

oak2455
07-10-2010, 01:22 PM

agreed......last i knew gilbert was pay the queen disrespectful, but what do you expect hes a 25 yr old spoiled brat I mean girl:D

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 01:23 PM

Stop it.

what am I stopping dad?

Nobody is defending LeBron's actions. He scheduled this conference, and if he decided he was leaving, should have handled it better. But he was not calling anyone names, or being a dick. He is a 25 year old man. Gilbert is a 48 year old owner, calling the only reason his fkin team hasn't been sold and moved, all sorts of names, and making guarantees he would win a title, and basically scaring any potential future free agents away with his tantrum. Its worse. He knew there was a chance LeBron would leave. That is how business works. Acting like a baby and name calling is tasteless.

Illinirob83
07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
LBJ is a narcissistic punk. He makes Brett Favre look a like a humble guy for crying out loud. Gilbert didn't handle it well...HOWEVER, LBJ strung along all of these organizations for his one hr ME ME ME ME ME ME ME everyone look and talk about ME some more...show. How does LBJ have any fans after what he has done? He didn't just take a crap on cleveland, he took a crap on all of his pursuers....and the NBA. The entire thing was an unneeded spectacle. He didn't even have the courtesy of TELLING GILBERT LONG AGO SO HE COULD HAVE SUSPEnSE FOR THIS ONE HR EGO SHOW. PATHETIC!

J-Relo
07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
LBJ is a narcissistic punk. He makes Brett Favre look a like a humble guy for crying out loud. Gilbert didn't handle it well...HOWEVER, LBJ strung along all of these organizations for his one hr ME ME ME ME ME ME ME everyone look and talk about ME some more...show. How does LBJ have any fans after what he has done? He didn't just take a crap on cleveland, he took a crap on all of his pursuers....and the NBA. The entire thing was an unneeded spectacle. He didn't even have the courtesy of TELLING GILBERT LONG AGO SO HE COULD HAVE SUSPEnSE FOR THIS ONE HR EGO SHOW. PATHETIC!

Lebron didn't owe anything to anyone, especially Gilbert, who got only richer having Lebron in town, guess he wasn't that happy when he realised he is going to get at least twice less...

Gilbert is all about money (well, that's why he's rich), the only reason he cares about people/fans is that they bring money, that's it, also was it Lebron or was it Cavs organisation who finally managed to get the supporting cast that could bring the championship, they couldn't do that in 6 years. Gilbert is a smart man, by making Lebron a public enemy he forms a fan organisation (Lebron haters), those guys won't give up on Cavs - Gilbert won't lose money. He is still a loser.

sargon21
07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
**** lebron, GO Gilbert

BullySixChicago
07-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I read that Danny Ferry and Mike Brown both advise Gilbert that he should curtail some of the things he was doing for Bron and his group of hang-ons Gilbert fired both of them thinking it was a way of showing Bron he got rid of he two guys who were against his group and their access to everything the cavs were doing. Gilbert even gave jobs to members of his group. So for Gilbert to rage against Bron is funny since he allowed him to do anything and his group of hang-oners as well. Chris (know it all) Broussard. said that was one of the mistakes that the Bulls made because Jerry Reinsdorf, told Bron by no way would his hang-oners have any access to the Bulls he also said he did not do it for Michael Jordan and he would not do it for him. Now you think Pat Riley said no, to the meal ticket boys? Dont Be surprise what comes out next through the sources network about some of the things that bron and the meal ticket boys did as well as Bron's mother's dealings. This revenge thing is not going to be over for some time.

the_jon
07-10-2010, 02:35 PM
A note to Chris Broussard....

vvv

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 02:36 PM
If I was a player, I would love to play for this guy. I hate when guys just sit their in suits and sip tea or some **** like that. Give me some fire!!!

AddiX
07-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Jordan also broke his foot 18 games into his second season which allowed the Bulls to get a lottery pick and trade for Pippen. It was more than just Jordan.

Plus no one in today's NBA is close to Jordan. People need to stop with the Jordan comparisons. Is it really that bad if Lebron is #7 all time time. Is it that big of a insult. Hell, there are some peopel who would take Magic, Larry, Wilt, Robinson, Dr. J, Bill Russell, and others over Jordan if they had the chance.

Pippin without Jordan is nobody. He was a heck of a player, but he was never considered a #1, nor should he be. He was never considered a "Max" player

All I'm saying is top players don't tell there teams what players they want to play with and than leave to play with 2 of top guys players in the NBA because it didn't work out. CLE was stacked and built for Bron to succeed, and he couldnt do it there. So He wussed out and now he is Wade's pippin.

And did you really put Bron on the all time list?

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Pippin without Jordan is nobody. He was a heck of a player, but he was never considered a #1, nor should he be. He was never considered a "Max" player

All I'm saying is top players don't tell there teams what players they want to play with and than leave to play with 2 of top guys players in the NBA because it didn't work out. CLE was stacked and built for Bron to succeed, and he couldnt do it there. So He wussed out and now he is Wade's pippin.

Nope, he didn't say that at all. He said, if Lebron ends up bein #7 all-time, is it such a bad thing

Illinirob83
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Lebron didn't owe anything to anyone, especially Gilbert, who got only richer having Lebron in town, guess he wasn't that happy when he realised he is going to get at least twice less...

Gilbert is all about money (well, that's why he's rich), the only reason he cares about people/fans is that they bring money, that's it, also was it Lebron or was it Cavs organisation who finally managed to get the supporting cast that could bring the championship, they couldn't do that in 6 years. Gilbert is a smart man, by making Lebron a public enemy he forms a fan organisation (Lebron haters), those guys won't give up on Cavs - Gilbert won't lose money. He is still a loser.

Well LBJ sure went out of his way to prove he didn't owe anyone nothing to..didn't he. The guy is a piece of garbage.

Knowledge
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Nope, he didn't say that at all. He said, if Lebron ends up bein #7 all-time, is it such a bad thing
Thank you

No, but I was just saying why does every player need to be compared to Jordan. Is it a insult if he or Kobe or whoever isnt #1 all time. My point was that their have been a whole lot of great players to play in the league besides MJ, so lets not always use MJ as the standard.

As far as Pippen goes, he was a top 5 pick so he had talent. He worked hard to master his craft and Jordan helped him to do that, but to say Pippen is nobody without Jordan is ignorant. He is a top 50 player of all time and he lead the Bulls to a 55-27 without Jordan where eventually they lost in 7 to a real good knicks team. Give Pippen a one more good player in his prime, I would bet he and Horace Grant could have one a title without Jordan

As far as Lebron being Wade's Pippen, it is way to early to say that. Lebron is 25 years old and will have plenty of time to cement his legacy. 5 years ago Kobe was a selfish ego manic who ran Shaq out of town. He couldn't lead his Lakers by himself and quit in the playoffs vs Phoenix. He was the black sheep of the league. Then he got Gasol and lost to Boston, proving he couldnt do it on his own. Now he is king, this is all within 5 years. Nobody can predict the future so to act like we know what will come of this Big 3 in Miami is wrong.

This is a new era in the NBA so comparing now to the past is pointless anyway. The Boston Big 3 have shown the league a new way to win and Miami big 3 is trying to follow that path at a younger age. This may be the way players go from now on.

TheWrightStuff5
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, Gilbert shouldn't have been LeBron's lap dog for 7 years giving all his buddies jobs and perks and such. The more you give someone, the more they are going to take. You'd be an idiot not to. LeBron made a business decision and Gilbert thought he could buy his loyalty. If anyone was a traitor to the fans it was Gilbert in the sense that he set the entire franchise up for this epic failure and it ended up happening. If the idiot didn't see it probably coming when Lebron worked out a 3 year deal to be a FA this year then maybe this idiot doesn't have the foresight to run a NBA franchise.

BullsFan_1
07-10-2010, 03:04 PM
I doubt anyone gives a **** what Chris Broussard has to say.

He may be one of the least informed analysts I've ever seen on ESPN...The guy changed his mind at least 5 times in the 3 days leading up to Lebrons decision. Then when he finds out the news that he may go to Miami 20 minutes after the news was broke, he's going to act like it was his sources that told him so...**** Broussard.

Kakaroach
07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
I doubt anyone gives a **** what Chris Broussard has to say.

He may be one of the least informed analysts I've ever seen on ESPN...The guy changed his mind at least 5 times in the 3 days leading up to Lebrons decision. Then when he finds out the news that he may go to Miami 20 minutes after the news was broke, he's going to act like it was his sources that told him so...**** Broussard. Totally agreed. I don't like Broussard at all, and I really don't care what he has to think of Gilbert. It means jack **** to me as it should to everyone really.

Lewylou
07-10-2010, 03:58 PM
If you just realized that your player intentionally threw two games in the playoffs. You would act the same way. Good for you Gilbert.

prodigy
07-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Even though Lebron was wrong, it doesnt make Gilbert right. Gilbert is almost 50 years old and he is the owner of a NBA team, he should have some more sense.

So old people should not have an opinion?

cmellofan15
07-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Too bad he didn't have the balls to say it while LeBron was in Cleveland and neither did any Cavs fans, they were to busy worshipping LeBron.

J_M_B
07-10-2010, 06:57 PM

This.

prodigy
07-10-2010, 07:01 PM
people keep saying this: "If Gilbert hated Lebron so much, why did he want him back?"

My response to that is DUHHHH!!!!!!!!!

1. The fans loved him.

2. He made Cleveland a lot of money.

Thats why Gilbert wanted him back. Thought that was kinda common knowledge, guess not.

prodigy
07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
The heat could not sell-out games with Wade and a 47 win team. So I hope lebron loves playing for a bunch of front runners watching on.

Spreefor3!!!
07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
LOL I love it.

Gilbert is an IDIOT. You would think that a person of his wealth would act more maturely and come across as being intelligent.

What makes him think that he can bring Cleveland a championship if he couldnt even do it WITH Lebron? Plus, who the hell would want to play for the Cavs?

cmellofan15
07-10-2010, 07:10 PM
people keep saying this: "If Gilbert hated Lebron so much, why did he want him back?"

My response to that is DUHHHH!!!!!!!!!

1. The fans loved him.

2. He made Cleveland a lot of money.

Thats why Gilbert wanted him back. Thought that was kinda common knowledge, guess not.

:laugh2:

Gilbert and Ferry absolutely loved LeBron and did anything in their power to please him. Now Ferry is gone and Gilbert keeps ****ing about stuff he wouldn't have said if LeBron stayed.

VillaMaravilla
07-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Douchard is an IDIOT good for the CAVS owner anyone one of us would of said the same things ringless Queen James is also an idiot he had an anouncment for his anouncement what a joke in 4 year all 3 will be opting out when they win nada nothing zilch

TheBay30
07-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Chris Broussard is a wannabe Stephen A Smith

THE MTL
07-10-2010, 07:21 PM
That was UNCALLED for! Very unprofessional! Especially with talks about curses and stuff.

Oldmantrash
07-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Chris Brousard is a Lebron lackey,he shouldn't ba saying crap.

ESPN should fire him for the way he handles this whole Free agency.

zambo4president
07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I hate Chris Broussard he's an assclown

The Raven
07-11-2010, 07:19 AM
I actually applaud Gilbert for saying what needed to be said

flimflamman
07-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Someone famous from the past is quoted as saying " It is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to pass into Heaven "
Now I am not getting religious here but the fact that Gilbert who may have double crossed, embellished, and done some not nice things in his career to accuse James of the same things is funny.
However, James is guilty of betrayal of a sort. Personal loyality may not to extend to his teams owner, but to the fans and the teamates who loved him, nah that does not matter - only the paper and the praise. Now you see the relevance of the previus quote ?

magichatnumber9
07-11-2010, 07:44 AM
What Gilbert did was bad... O. k whatever but it sure doesn't offset the Lebron James 1 hour debacle.

mynameismo
07-11-2010, 07:57 AM

This.

Both sides had wrongs. But at the end of the day, it's how the fans feel that matter most. I'd rather read Gilbert's letter to the Cav's fans than any of Chris Broussards cr*p articles. Seriously, Him and His annoying voice and so-called "Sources"? Dan and the Cavs are trying moving on, and this cheap ***** writer is riding the popularity of the Letter by writing about it just to get attention. Lebron has move on, why bring this up again?

flimflamman
07-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Actually as a man of 40 I have to reflect on what might be happening to these 25 year old guys. I never having been rich, or celebrated can only imagine what lures and temptations come with being so praised and beign so rich so young. Especially for young men who did not grow up wealthy. These guys are being " Loved " they are in the laps of luxury and sorrounded by groupies, syncophats, apologists who stand by them until there is another brighter light in the sky. This move by Lebron may be the best thing he ever did or it might turn out to be the beginning of a great personal tragedy. By all accounts he was a humble grounded kid, but his acts over the last few weeks show the demanor of someone who has changed into something else. If that is the case Lebron will note how celebraties who are loved one momment are hated some time later. Then if this happens he will never be able to go home again.

greek miami hea
07-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Very well said broussard

lakerssssssss
07-11-2010, 04:34 PM
The heat could not sell-out games with Wade and a 47 win team. So I hope lebron loves playing for a bunch of front runners watching on.

Great sig.

fire2last
07-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Broussard absolutely loves LeBron...no surprise the article defends him. I love the part where CB says there is no excuse for what LBJ did but then gives an excuse for what he did...his age.

LeBron essentially destroyed the Cavs for the next few years, how else do you expect the team owner to act? Childish...sure, but you all would be pissed too.

midwestmadman
07-11-2010, 05:00 PM
For anyone against Dan Gilberts reaction, how would you feel if you just lost over 100M of your teams net worth? Gone, the guy spent over 400M for that team, without LeBron on that team it will soon be worth less that 300M. He just lost a truck load of his assets. So I don't think Gilbert was acting like a 7th grade girl (as most 7th grade girls not named Hannah Montana even have jobs), I think he acted as any of us would if we just lost 25% of our worth.

DCB/LAL
07-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Someone should RIP Chris Broussard for being completely wrong on every bit of info he had during this NBA off season.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Someone should RIP Chris Broussard for being completely wrong on every bit of info he had during this NBA off season.

hahaha, good point

BayHuStLE
07-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah Gilbert acted like a little ***** about this whole thing. May hurt his chances signing FA's in the future.

can't agree more, he's not showing the owner pressence that free agents want

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 05:36 PM
First of all, let me be clear, I am a BULLS fan. Now, how can anyone defend this madman? That was an all-out, foaming-at-the -mouth rant, if I've ever heard one. Where is it written that a player, who is a FREE agent, has to notify his former employer of his intentions?

Do any of you call your former bosses up and say where you are headed next? There have been situations in this League where players have heard from friends, via tweets, or ESPN, that they've been traded. In fact, when Miami let go of Shaq, he got the news via a phone call from either his agent or a friend. Of course, players can be treated thus. Used up and discarded when they are no longer relevant. Seven years from now, when LeBron is old and ring-less, what would Gilbert have done? Thrown him a going-away party as he traded him for a second-round pick? Ask Patrick Ewing. Ask KG. They'll tell u what its like to devote your youth and talents to a going-nowhere-fast team, only to be traded at the end of your career. WHERE IS THE LOYALTY THEN?

I wish LeBron had chosen the Bulls. We have a great young core of players that would have complimented him superbly, but he didn't. More power to him. As for Gilbert, he is a bitter, money-grubbing, THUG and a bully. His only concern is that his goose is gone with the golden egg, his cash cow has left the barn. PERIOD!

GOOD FOR LeBron!

Method28
07-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Dan Gilbert is an idiot. So he made some Cavs fans happy with stupid comments, but did you guys see the reaction from NBA players on twitter? Many of them were shocked and said they're glad their owner isn't like that. Did he not realize that this could affect some FA's from wanting to play for a ******* owner?! Idiot.

Method28
07-11-2010, 06:02 PM
First of all, let me be clear, I am a BULLS fan. Now, how can anyone defend this madman? That was an all-out, foaming-at-the -mouth rant, if I've ever heard one. Where is it written that a player, who is a FREE agent, has to notify his former employer of his intentions?

Do any of you call your former bosses up and say where you are headed next? There have been situations in this League where players have heard from friends, via tweets, or ESPN, that they've been traded. In fact, when Miami let go of Shaq, he got the news via a phone call from either his agent or a friend. Of course, players can be treated thus. Used up and discarded when they are no longer relevant. Seven years from now, when LeBron is old and ring-less, what would Gilbert have done? Thrown him a going-away party as he traded him for a second-round pick? Ask Patrick Ewing. Ask KG. They'll tell u what its like to devote your youth and talents to a going-nowhere-fast team, only to be traded at the end of your career. WHERE IS THE LOYALTY THEN?

I wish LeBron had chosen the Bulls. We have a great young core of players that would have complimented him superbly, but he didn't. More power to him. As for Gilbert, he is a bitter, money-grubbing, THUG and a bully. His only concern is that his goose is gone with the golden egg, his cash cow has left the barn. PERIOD!

GOOD FOR LeBron!

Great post.

RulerSlick
07-12-2010, 05:37 AM

GOOD FOR LeBron!

:clap::clap:

jetsRsnitchaz
07-12-2010, 06:01 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=broussard_chris&page=gilbertlbj-100709

I don't know if there is already a thread about this but wow, Chris Broussard with some strong feelings towards Dan Gilbert. I agree with him also.

i agree with broussard too. gilbert was being such a little bit_ _

Mochalman
07-12-2010, 07:27 AM
broussard just wants people to like him again.

CrotchetyOldMan
07-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Gilbert took a situation where LBJ was the villain and Cleveland was getting all kinds of sympathy and love from everywhere and turned it to one where he looks almost as bad a Lebron...

P-O-Z
07-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Last thing on Gilberts mind is what Chris Broussard has to say...

Broussard is aware he himself has pimples correct? lol.

I like the Harry Potter movies.

Not the point . Btw yea Lebron may have gone about the whole decision process all wrong but u know what after Gilbert tried him decent he had to class to not even say nothing . Shows what type of owner you have and organization you guys present . Lebron was gonna do what he wanted Dan is not his ****ing father he had the right to pick whichever team he wanted to go to , but apparently you guys and Dan Gilbert are acting like the clingy/physco/controlling girlfriend . Get a ****ing grip Cleveland seriously .