PDA

View Full Version : MJ says Kobe > Lebrick

FakeBlackMamba
07-10-2010, 11:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOsamobHeMc

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:02 PM
love Jordan as a player, but don't really care about his opinions. Same dude who took Morrison and pushed for Kwame. May not be the best judge of talent out there

Jaji
07-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Jordan should predict next year's champ too. Then we won't have to wait and see. Hell, they don't even need to play just give the title to whoever Jordan says is the best.

BronBron06
07-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Kwame > Gasol

Kobe > LeBron

YES JORDAN REALLY HAS A KEEN EYE FOR TALENT :SARCASM

JUST ASK JORDAN's OPINION ABOUT HIMSELF not about OTHER PLAYERS

effen5
07-10-2010, 12:07 PM
kwame > gasol

kobe > lebron

yes jordan really has a keen eye for talent :sarcasm

just ask jordan's opinion about himself not about other players

5 > 0

Lake_Show2416
07-10-2010, 12:08 PM
love Jordan as a player, but don't really care about his opinions. Same dude who took Morrison and pushed for Kwame. May not be the best judge of talent out there

cant be that harsh... even tho he did draft kwame

he also wanted to take Rudy Gay over Morrison

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:09 PM
I can't believe it took 5 posts to bring up the rings. Amazing
Why is it that everytime some old timer, or young player who respects Kobe's career as a whole over a 25 year old's, says Kobe is better, it has to warrant a new thread?
The rings argument will clearly be over soon. Its only a matter of time.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:11 PM
cant be that harsh... even tho he did draft kwame

he also wanted to take Rudy Gay over Morrison

I mean, Jordan has a history of bad judgment of talent. Just is what it is.

Not that people aren't entitled to believe Kobe is better. But just because MJ says so doesn't make it so.

BronBron06
07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
5 > 0

Yes... 3 with Shaq and none then Jerry West, Laker Great bamboozled Memphis, 2 with Gasol

Kobe cant do it alone

Yes Kobe is so good that he can do 81 points, and lose to Phonix Suns at the 1st round twice LOL

tangent12
The greatest of all time is right.

And Kobe's greatness is not just measured by his skills and abilities, but by his champion mentality and determination. The same qualities that the greatest players of all time possess.

cubulls
It's true. Kobe is a leader, warrior, and champion. LeBron is a follower, coward, and loser.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Why is it that everytime some old timer, or young player who respects Kobe's career as a whole over a 25 year old's, says Kobe is better, it has to warrant a new thread?

Exactly.

If Lebron has more rings, MVPs, and Finals MVPs than Kobe, and is the leader in a lot of statistics when he retires from the NBA, there will still be a reason for Kobe fans to say Kobe is better.

I do not really care no more about the Kobe and Lebron argument because it's the same excuse every time and when they do deliver, there is always another excuse. And that goes for both LBJ and Kobe fans.

kjoke
07-10-2010, 12:17 PM
where is he?

Melo15
07-10-2010, 12:18 PM
We all know that Kobe is better than LeBron, we don't need 30 threads to show us that

celtsballa21
07-10-2010, 12:19 PM
And MJ is better.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Also, I don't get you people.

1 day, you love off someone and the next day, you think he's a dipshit.

Like when West called LBJ better. You guys were saying how he was a dumbass and how he is wrong but then when he takes it back, it's all good. But if another GM says their player is better, they are wrong unless it's Kobe.

I bet if Monta said he was better than Kobe, you'd all tell him to STFU. But it's all okay when he said he was better than LBJ.

jim51990
07-10-2010, 12:20 PM
mjs a dick who cares what he says great player terrible person

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Really?

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 12:23 PM
We all know that Kobe is better than LeBron, we don't need 30 threads to show us that

Who's we? Delusional Laker and Kobe fans?

Teeboy1487
07-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Darn guys, Don't kill the man for having an opinion. In his opinion, he thinks Kobe is better. So what. It's his opinion.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Yes... 3 with Shaq and none then Jerry West, Laker Great bamboozled Memphis, 2 with Gasol

Kobe cant do it alone

Yes Kobe is so good that he can do 81 points, and lose to Phonix Suns at the 1st round twice LOL

and your great queen had to run to Miami because he couldnt do shyte when it mattered most. and your argument is pretty lame MJ didnt win without Scottie so does that discount his titles? You gonna ride Ledouches nuts all the way to miami?:facepalm:

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:24 PM
I despise the Lakers and Kobe, but I think Kobe > LeBron.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Really?

please tell me you are not naive enough to think Miami will not win at least a ring in the next 3 years...

kjoke
07-10-2010, 12:25 PM
btw, what do you search up on youtube fakeblackmamba?

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:26 PM
please tell me you are not naive enough to think Miami will not win at least a ring in the next 3 years...
Yeah, because that's definitely what you said. :rolleyes:

You said LeBron would "clearly" end up beating Kobe in the rings department. Nowhere in that post did you say anything about Miami winning "one ring in the next three years."

Melo15
07-10-2010, 12:27 PM

No everyone. Until LeBron proves he has what it takes to win it all then he can't be the best. Kobe has the competitive fire that LeBron can't match. I honestly believe that Dwyane Wade is the closest to Kobe. He has proven he can take a team to the top and these past few years has put up great numbers with no help at all.

NYK|NYY
07-10-2010, 12:27 PM
The King has spoken!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-10-2010, 12:28 PM

what:laugh::laugh2:

kinda typical it was you, like you said about KG that he doesn't know about who's best, kobe or lebron

Raps08-09 Champ
07-10-2010, 12:29 PM
and your great queen had to run to Miami because he couldnt do shyte when it mattered most. and your argument is pretty lame MJ didnt win without Scottie so does that discount his titles? You gonna ride Ledouches nuts all the way to miami?:facepalm:

He couldn't do it because no one helped him.

He didn't have a 30 and 13 Shaq beside him like Kobe or a near(and sometimes better than) 20, 7 and 7 guys beside him like Jordan.

Lebron couldn't win. We all get that. But compare the teams and the Cavs don't got ****.

BG946
Kobe cant do it alone???? HAHAHAHAHA People like you make me laugh with your lack of NBA knowledge.

First Kobe couldnt win without Shaq, Now it's Kobe cant do it without Gasol. But yet when you ask these dumb *** people why LeBron aint got no rings, their answer is always the same..."LeBron dont have no rings cuz he aint got no help" hahahahahahahaha You expect Kobe to win championships with a bunch of garbage ***** people but you want LeBron to do it with Wade and Bosh????? Oh and did we lose to the suns in the first round? YES! A suns team that had Amare stoudemire as their 3rd leading scorer...Who was our 3rd leading scorer that season? Smush Parker....Enough said

Kobe cant do it alone

m26555
No everyone. Until LeBron proves he has what it takes to win it all then he can't be the best. Kobe has the competitive fire that LeBron can't match. I honestly believe that Dwyane Wade is the closest to Kobe. He has proven he can take a team to the top and these past few years has put up great numbers with no help at all.
Yeah. It's funny how everyone is asking who's better between Kobe and LeBron when what they should really be asking is whether or not LeBron is even the best player on his own team (which I don't think he is).

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah, because that's definitely what you said. :rolleyes:

You said LeBron would "clearly" end up beating Kobe in the rings department. Nowhere in that post did you say anything about Miami winning "one ring in the next three years."

please don't put words in my mouth. The age old argument, the one we have all heard a billion times, is LeBron doesn't have a ring. I was saying its only a matter of time before he does. I did not write he would have more than Kobe when their careers were over.
May want to clarify next time before you attempt to debate something that isn't there.

Melo15
The LeBron had no help argument is really getting to be old. The Cavs have had the best regular season record two straight years. When they acquired Jamison many on here even said that now LeBron has a team capable of winning it all and if he doesn't then it's on him this time, no excuses. Oh how soon we forget.

Raps08-09 Champ
Darn guys, Don't kill the man for having an opinion. In his opinion, he thinks Kobe is better. So what. It's his opinion.

Meh.

I say Lebron is better and I get bombed by like 20 Kobe/Lakers fans.

It's my opinion but I guess when your opinion is that Lebron is better, it doesn't mean **** and your a dumbass cuz you don't think Kobe is better.

Melo15
07-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah. It's funny how everyone is asking who's better between Kobe and LeBron when what they should really be asking is whether or not LeBron is even the best player on his own team (which I don't think he is).

I really think Dwyane has been severly underrated these past few years. Ever since he returned from injury the dude has been on absolute fire.

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
please don't put words in my mouth. The age old argument, the one we have all heard a billion times, is LeBron doesn't have a ring. I was saying its only a matter of time before he does. I did not write he would have more than Kobe when their careers were over.
May want to clarify next time before you attempt to debate something that isn't there.
lol! Hypocrisy at its finest!

You tell me not to put words in your mouth when you just did the EXACT same thing in your previous post by calling me "naive" for not thinking Miami could win a title in the next three years when I NEVER said that.

And please; you did NOT say LeBron would get "a ring," and if that's what you meant, you were VERY unclear about it, because you said the "rings argument will clearly be over soon," implying that LeBron would end up with more rings than Kobe.

Your exact post:

"I can't believe it took 5 posts to bring up the rings. Amazing
The rings argument will clearly be over soon. Its only a matter of time."

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
what:laugh::laugh2:

kinda typical it was you, like you said about KG that he doesn't know about who's best, kobe or lebron

I really don't think many players are great judges of this kind of thing dude. Most look at career accomplishments, and that is how they judge. Kobe is not far behind LeBron as an individual player, so many players/ex players, who are admiring Kobe's career will factor that in when claiming who is the better player today. But there is a decent drop after LeBron and Wade to Durant, and then to Kobe, if we are talking individual players TODAY. Not over the past 14 years.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:35 PM
lol! Hypocrisy at its finest!

You tell me not to put words in your mouth when you just did the EXACT same thing in your previous post by calling me "naive" for not thinking Miami could win a title in the next three years when I NEVER said that.

And please; you did NOT say LeBron would get "a ring," and if that's what you meant, you were VERY unclear about it, because you said the "rings argument" would "clearly" be over soon, implying that LeBron would end up with more rings than Kobe.

dude, I did not say he would end up with more rings. Either find where I wrote it, or drop it.
And you are naive if you think Miami won't win a ring in the next 3 years. That isn't putting words in your mouth, its me calling you naive for your opinion.

HeirCanada
07-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Jordan should predict next year's champ too. Then we won't have to wait and see. Hell, they don't even need to play just give the title to whoever Jordan says is the best.

Well, you already gave the title to the Heat from 2012-2015. Why can't MJ do it?

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
dude, I did not say he would end up with more rings. Either find where I wrote it, or drop it.
And you are naive if you think Miami won't win a ring in the next 3 years. That isn't putting words in your mouth, its me calling you naive for your opinion.
But that isn't my opinion, therefore you ARE putting words in my mouth.

And like I said; you should be a little more clear about what you are saying then, because your post CERTAINLY made it sound like you thought LeBron would get more rings.

ONCE AGAIN, your exact post:

Yeah; definitely sounds like you meant LeBron would win "a" ring. :rolleyes:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
I really don't think many players are great judges of this kind of thing dude. Most look at career accomplishments, and that is how they judge. Kobe is not far behind LeBron as an individual player, so many players/ex players, who are admiring Kobe's career will factor that in when claiming who is the better player today. But there is a decent drop after LeBron and Wade to Durant, and then to Kobe, if we are talking individual players TODAY. Not over the past 14 years.

Guess they don't meet on the basketball court!:rolleyes:

Lakersfanla24
oh and by the way at this point as it stands today, MJ is right. Lebron might end up as the better player IF he wins Titles, not one or 2 but multiple. Even if he does i highly doubt he can come near MJ or Kobe by 3 peating both will have done it twice in their careers barring an upset next year.
So Lebron go play robin until your massive ego gets in the way when the heat go on a losing streak. Your legacy is forever tarnished by the way you drew out this whole process, Plus the way you abondoned your hometown team on national tv, pure egomaniac. Dan Gilbert was 100% right about you. Oh and nice job trying to cover up the fact you wanted all the media attention on you by using the boys and girls club. :rolleyes:

Raps08-09 Champ
07-10-2010, 12:37 PM
The LeBron had no help argument is really getting to be old. The Cavs have had the best regular season record two straight years. When they acquired Jamison many on here even said that now LeBron has a team capable of winning it all and if he doesn't then it's on him this time, no excuses. Oh how soon we forget.

The supporting cast did great in the regular season no doubt.

Where were they in the playoffs. Everyone underperformed the last 2 years.

And I honestly though Jamison was a key piece for them to win the title. But like I said earlier, he underperformed.

But typical of ignorant fans, they blame another player's performance on Lebron.

CowboysKB24
07-10-2010, 12:38 PM

HAHAHA you feel so terrible that every single legend of the NBA has ripped what LBJ and Wade chose to do. It is the coward way out and no other legend has gone to that level to win a ring. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am laughing with the rest of them.

If Michael Jordan isn't credible, the Greatest Basketball Player of All Time, than who is? Please... who is? Everyone single analysts, former basketball player, former coach (or coach right presently) has ripped those guys a new A-hole...

LBJ needs Wade and Bosh to get close to Jordan and Kobe, but it is a fact now, LBJ will NEVER NEVER surpass those guys and will never go down into the top 10 of all time. NEVER. HAHAHAHA.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-10-2010, 12:39 PM

And like I said; you should be a little more clear about what you are saying then, because your post CERTAINLY made it sound like you thought LeBron would get more rings.

If you don't want a man to disrespect your opinion like that, why the **** are you messing with his?

Hawkeye15

then I will spell it out so that a 1st grader can understand.
Do you not get it? the ONLY argument Laker fans have, when all else fails, is that LeBron does not have a ring. I am saying that is going to be gone soon. No more crutch. I will assume it will then move to ring counts, etc. But their crutch of LeBron being ringless will be gone. And that is what the statement meant. Let me know if you are still confused.

m26555
If you don't want a man to disrespect your opinion like that, why the **** are you messing with his?
Oh dear Lord...

You clearly have no idea what this conversation is about, so keep your butt out of it. K?

m26555
07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Do you not get it? the ONLY argument Laker fans have, when all else fails, is that LeBron does not have a ring. I am saying that is going to be gone soon. No more crutch. I will assume it will then move to ring counts, etc. But their crutch of LeBron being ringless will be gone. And that is what the statement meant. Let me know if you are still confused.
Yeah, because your first post was SO easy to understand.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 12:42 PM
oh and by the way at this point as it stands today, MJ is right. Lebron might end up as the better player IF he wins Titles, not one or 2 but multiple. Even if he does i highly doubt he can come near MJ or Kobe by 3 peating both will have done it twice in their careers barring an upset next year.
So Lebron go play robin until your massive ego gets in the way when the heat go on a losing streak. Your legacy is forever tarnished by the way you drew out this whole process, Plus the way you abondoned your hometown team on national tv, pure egomaniac. Dan Gilbert was 100% right about you. Oh and nice job trying to cover up the fact you wanted all the media attention on you by using the boys and girls club. :rolleyes:

LeBron IS the better player right now. But Kobe has the better career, easily. And you are right, I think in order for LeBron to pass Kobe, he will need a few rings. His statistics are superior across the boards, he will get the 1st team all NBA's, all star games, blah, blah, blah. But to climb over Kobe in the greatest of all time argument, he will have to win some rings.

And while Laker fans are quick to forget all the crap Kobe has pulled over his career, many fans will forget the crap LeBron just did. Afterall, sports fans are the kings of short term memories.

Hellcrooner
i say we put a james and kobe picture in an aquarium and send Paul the octopus to grace us with the answer.

magichatnumber9
MJ is the best then I don't mind putting Russell second. Sorry Kobe

Raps08-09 Champ
HAHAHA you feel so terrible that every single legend of the NBA has ripped what LBJ and Wade chose to do. It is the coward way out and no other legend has gone to that level to win a ring. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am laughing with the rest of them.

If Michael Jordan isn't credible, the Greatest Basketball Player of All Time, than who is? Please... who is? Everyone single analysts, former basketball player, former coach (or coach right presently) has ripped those guys a new A-hole...

LBJ needs Wade and Bosh to get close to Jordan and Kobe, but it is a fact now, LBJ will NEVER NEVER surpass those guys and will never go down into the top 10 of all time. NEVER. HAHAHAHA.

:laugh2:

I was going to respond but the multiple "HAHAHA" in capitals showed I would never be able to get through your head otherwise.

Melo15
07-10-2010, 12:43 PM
The supporting cast did great in the regular season no doubt.

Where were they in the playoffs. Everyone underperformed the last 2 years.

And I honestly though Jamison was a key piece for them to win the title. But like I said earlier, he underperformed.

But typical of ignorant fans, they blame another player's performance on Lebron.

The whole team was a no show in the playoffs. Stats don't always tell the whole story and LeBron wasn't even the most aggressive player on his team in the Celtics series. If not for Mo Williams they wouldn't have even won game 1. In game 6 he had 20 points in the first half just to keep them in the game. It is the superstars job to elevate his team to the next level, if he can't win a championship with a team that won 60 games back to back years then thats on him.

Hawkeye15
Yeah, because your first post was SO easy to understand.

just let me know if I need to draw you a diagram or if you get it yet.

Hawkeye15
i say we put a james and kobe picture in an aquarium and send Paul the octopus to grace us with the answer.

hahaha

CowboysKB24
07-10-2010, 12:44 PM

KB got no credit when he won with Shaq, LBJ will get no credit when he wins with Wade and BOsh.

Winning a ring with the Heat is not impressive at all. It is like LBJ going to the Lakers, he would get no credit.

Wade and Bosh own Shaq. And you think LBJ owns Kobe, so how can you give LBJ any credit for winning a ring like that? That rights, you can't and won't.

m26555
I obviously get it, and if you would have said that in your first post instead of throwing together unclear mumbo-jumbo, I would have gotten it then, too.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

with 3 superstars, those rings have no value

Melo15

I like diagrams :D

97NYer
07-10-2010, 12:45 PM
How about Kobe at 25 Vs. LeBron at 25. That's a bit more interesting.

Angel2Maverick
well lets see Morrison averaged 28.7 points his final year shooting at 50% and from the three he shot 42.8. It really wasnt a bad pick at the time if you see this in is resume'
Jordan made a mistake but its not like they knew he was going to be a bust. Kwambe Brown was beasting in highschool but could not tranlsate his game into the NBA.

Now with that said why would you bring these guys up anyways he's comparing Lebron and Kobe, Not Kwambe or Morrison to LeBron. And he's is right Kobe is a better player overall even before Lebron went to Miami but most of the Miami fanbase thinks otherwise :rolleyes:

PrettyBoyJ
I just want to kno why ppl stiil compare the 2.. Kobe is more accomplished then Lebron and Kobe is much more older then him.. the fact that Kobe is being compared at his age with Lebron says a lot about Kobe 31>25..

ichitownclowni
Well between Kobe and Jordan there are 11 titles and 8 finals MVP's

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM

Moses Malone and Dr. J

In 1982, Moses Malone was considered by many to be the best player in basketball, certainly one of the best of his generation, and he was still in his prime. But just after he collected the second of his three MVP awards and only one year removed from playing in the NBA Finals with the Houston Rockets, he became a restricted free agent. With his team apparently regressing (the Rockets went from their Finals appearance in '81 to out in the first round the next season), Moses decided to leave Houston and go play for the Philadelphia 76ers, a team that already had one of the other best players in the game and of his generation. A guy named Julius Erving.

CowboysKB24
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
LeBron IS the better player right now. But Kobe has the better career, easily. And you are right, I think in order for LeBron to pass Kobe, he will need a few rings. His statistics are superior across the boards, he will get the 1st team all NBA's, all star games, blah, blah, blah. But to climb over Kobe in the greatest of all time argument, he will have to win some rings.

And while Laker fans are quick to forget all the crap Kobe has pulled over his career, many fans will forget the crap LeBron just did. Afterall, sports fans are the kings of short term memories.

This Free Agency year is not going to be forgotten.

CowboysKB24
07-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Moses Malone and Dr. J

Moses didn't call up Dr. J and ask him to play with him.

Moses and Dr. J are far less than Bosh, Wade, and LBJ.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-10-2010, 12:52 PM
The whole team was a no show in the playoffs. Stats don't always tell the whole story and LeBron wasn't even the most aggressive player on his team in the Celtics series. If not for Mo Williams they wouldn't have even won game 1. In game 6 he had 20 points in the first half just to keep them in the game. It is the superstars job to elevate his team to the next level, if he can't win a championship with a team that won 60 games back to back years then thats on him.

I know Lebron didn't show up either.

I was just saying don't put the blame all on Lebron when his team mates didn't show up either. Blame Lebron for his faults. Just don't blame his for other people's faults.

And I know Lebron should elevate his team to the next level. But that doesn't automatically translate to "Win a title or winning 100% of the time". Kobe and Jordan haven't delivered 100% of the time. MJ didn't deliver a title until his 7th year(I think) and Kobe didn't deliver a title(as the main man) until 2009. Lebron has stepped up for his team on other occasions too. Like single handedly bringing his team to the Finals. But it's either forgotten or people bash on the man saying he couldn't do it.

shep33
07-10-2010, 12:55 PM
I just want to kno why ppl stiil compare the 2.. Kobe is more accomplished then Lebron and Kobe is much more older then him.. the fact that Kobe is being compared at his age with Lebron says a lot about Kobe 31>25..

That's an excellent point. Kobe is 6 years older than Lebron, yet is often still recognized as the better player, even as he has past his prime.

Listen we can argue all we want about who is better, but forget all of our opinions as fans, around the league the perception is that Kobe is still better than Lebron even at his age... I'm talking coaches, players, gm's, they all say he's better, and regardless of what I may think, or fans may think, I'd rather be called great by my peers and enemies than my fans