PDA

View Full Version : It's not about the money... but can we please sign and trade so we can still get max.

knickfan33
07-10-2010, 07:52 AM
lmao hypocritsssssssssss...

yes i know i probably spelled that wrong, and i don't care.

_Supreme_
07-10-2010, 07:54 AM

I am not sure if you are talking about Wade/Lebron/Bosh, but they are taking a paycut and not the max.

If I read correctly they are getting $14,5M instead of the $16M+.

SugeKnight
07-10-2010, 08:05 AM
isnt the max ~21.5 mil per year?

but they are atleast giving their old teams something instead of leaving them with nothing.

LakersIn5
07-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Why the Lebron hate?
why are people hating on lebron? i hate lebron as hell before but after what he did he actually gained respect from me. before i thought what lebron only want was money and to pad his stats. but after his decision to go to miami he contradicted what i thought he was. he would have made more money with the cavs and knicks and would have better stats with the cavs,knicks,nets,bulls,clippers but instead he decide to choose the team which he thinks and i personally think where he has the biggest chance of winning a championship. people are saying that the heat wont be his team because its wade's team, that he wont be the man anymore, that he aint the king anymore because he went to wade's team and picked the team it would be easier for him to win the title. what he did was actually admirable he didnt care anymore if he was the man and if its his team, bottom line was he just wants to win the championship!

like what rick kamla said during the jazz-sixers summer league game lebron is a smart guy. because he didnt do what guys like garnett,malone and drexler did which was to spend all those years with their first teams because of loyalty and more money and it was just late in their careers that they realized that its time for them to look for the best chance of winning the championship. KG left minny for the celtics and he won a title, drexler went to houston and won, and malone went to LA though he didnt win a title it was still the best chance for him to win one. kamla said that lebron was smart to say to himself. i now have the money i have already showed my talent and its now time for me to choose the best situation for me to win the championship.

i wanted to lebron to go to new york because i want to see him pad his stats under mike dantoni and i would like to see him play under a run and gun offense. and i thought he was going to choose the knicks cuz of the money because that was what i thought he was a money and stat whoar but after he decision my prespective of him really changed for the better.

im actually rooting for the heat to make the finals but lose to my lakers... but i would also want the big 3 in miami to win a championship so maybe after the lakers 3peat

bholly
07-10-2010, 08:12 AM
There are two main benefits of a S&T:
1) the contracts are longer - 6 years rather than 5
2) the raises are higher - 10.5% rather than 8%

I'm pretty sure the 2nd is the most important here. With higher annual raises they can sign a contract worth the same amount over the life of the contract, but that starts lower this year and ends higher in the final year. By doing this, and starting lower this year, they have a little more cap room to sign other players.
There are other little benefits to S&T deals, but I'm pretty sure this is why they did it.

marlinsfan24
07-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Umm Bosh and Bron are making $14.5M next season and Wade $14.2. None of them got the max and in fact each of them took over a $2M paycut. Good job with your information

Lindystud36
07-10-2010, 08:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003
The Heat's two newest superstars signed matching six-year, $110.1 million contracts, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. Dwyane Wade took an even bigger discount to stay in Miami, signing for six years and $107.5 million, according to the sources.

Sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that James and Bosh are scheduled to make $14.5 million and Wade $14 million in 2010-11.

Each player took $15 million less over the life of the contract to sign with Miami, but the deals came with a caveat.

[+] EnlargeChris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James
Doug Benc/Getty ImagesIt was a party in South Beach on Friday night as Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James donned Miami Heat jerseys at a welcoming celebration.

All three contracts, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, have an early termination option after the fourth season that would allow LeBron, Bosh and Wade to return to free agency in the summer of 2014. Each player also possesses a player option entering the final season of the contract (2015-16).

Bosh and James' deals were completed through sign-and-trades, making all three eligible for 10.5 percent raises each year.

That's why this Heat team will be legit, and with the MLE LLe and a player exemption from Beas, this team will be a force

superabound
07-10-2010, 08:31 AM
People are hating on Lebron because he went on national television to destroy his home town and refused to even speak to his former organization in person in the days leading up to his "decision". The guy showed how much class he really has.

tdunk21
07-10-2010, 08:32 AM
:sleep:

tdunk21
07-10-2010, 08:34 AM
People are hating on Lebron because he went on national television to destroy his home town and refused to even speak to his former organization in person in the days leading up to his "decision". The guy showed how much class he really has.

yeah is a hippo"clit"

Miltown34
07-10-2010, 08:35 AM
They are taking paycute, sorry to tell some of you, but what he did was was crazy, but a lot of dudes aren't as classy as you think

Swashcuff
07-10-2010, 10:11 AM

how in the hell can someone be this ignorant...

Sigh

dude if you understand anything about the NBA you would not have made such an ignorant thread

:facepalm:

Swashcuff
07-10-2010, 10:16 AM
There are two main benefits of a S&T:
1) the contracts are longer - 6 years rather than 5
2) the raises are higher - 10.5% rather than 8%

I'm pretty sure the 2nd is the most important here. With higher annual raises they can sign a contract worth the same amount over the life of the contract, but that starts lower this year and ends higher in the final year. By doing this, and starting lower this year, they have a little more cap room to sign other players.
There are other little benefits to S&T deals, but I'm pretty sure this is why they did it.

yeah they did it for the money.... sigh

dude do u understand that they now stand to retain the outgoing FAs such as Quentin Richardson and Udonis Haslem based on their bird rights. It was a smart basketball decision. This also ensures that all their contracts expire the same year. Thus ensuring that their's another fiasco next time they are FAs.

Lo Porto
07-10-2010, 10:25 AM
How is this team going to work financially if a new CBA has a lower or hard cap? The NBA better not let up on the new deal just to make these 3 happy. The new CBA was supposed to make the NBA more fair across the board. It's ridiculous that LA, Boston and Chicago have won like 80% of the NBA titles ever.

97NYer
07-10-2010, 10:38 AM
They didn't get max.

Swashcuff
07-10-2010, 10:39 AM
How is this team going to work financially if a new CBA has a lower or hard cap? The NBA better not let up on the new deal just to make these 3 happy. The new CBA was supposed to make the NBA more fair across the board. It's ridiculous that LA, Boston and Chicago have won like 80% of the NBA titles ever.

the cap is 1+ mil more next season.

ATX
07-10-2010, 10:39 AM

:facepalm:

You have very little knowledge of this situation, let alone the NBA. People have already explained it, so I digress.

AntiG
07-10-2010, 10:43 AM
The sign and trade deal also netted Cleveland a HUGE trade exception, 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and Toronto got 2 first rounders.

They actually did their previous teams a service because ESPECIALLY LeBron after Gilbert publically slammed him, could've (and probably should've) said "bite me" and purposely signed without a S & T to screw him.

rick66ankiel24
07-10-2010, 10:43 AM

you're stupid.. they all took around $15 mil less than a max deal over the course of their contracts

Lakers211221
07-10-2010, 10:47 AM
you're stupid.. they all took around $15 mil less than a max deal over the course of their contracts

Actually, that's only partially correct....they took $15 million less than the max deal over the course of their contracts that they could have had with the S&T (besides Wade, he took over $15 million less and didn't need a S&T), but they will be making more than they could have made taking the Max without the S&T

Giantwarrior
07-10-2010, 10:48 AM
who cares if they didnt get the max or took less money because it doesnt matter. playing in Florida, theres no state taxes!!! they dont have to pay the government an extra 30% of their paychecks.

its always about money....

Lo Porto
07-10-2010, 10:50 AM
the cap is 1+ mil more next season.

So? These 3 will combine to make over $5 million more next season. The new CBA is supposed to cut $300-400 million from player contracts around the league. That means the luxury could drop to $60 million and there might be a hard luxury. Expect a lockout because the owners aren't happy.

How would this work? Are they just going to get a free pass?

krest213
07-10-2010, 10:53 AM
whoever made this thread is looking for attention

effen5
07-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I heard on the radio they actually are making max money with the pay cut due to no income taxes in Florida....so "technically" they are making max money without making the max money....get it? Don't know if its true but thats what I heard.

Swashcuff
07-10-2010, 10:57 AM
So? These 3 will combine to make over $5 million more next season. The new CBA is supposed to cut $300-400 million from player contracts around the league. That means the luxury could drop to $60 million and there might be a hard luxury. Expect a lockout because the owners aren't happy.

How would this work? Are they just going to get a free pass?

dude he said if the cap was going to be lower or harder and just corrected and said that it will be higher.

Sandman
07-10-2010, 10:59 AM
That's why this Heat team will be legit, and with the MLE LLe and a player exemption from Beas, this team will be a force
you dont get any exceptions unless you start the off-season over the cap.

FOBolous
07-10-2010, 11:00 AM
They didn't get max.

i think you need to take kobe from your sig because Kobe won his first 3 championships as the 2nd option to shaq. but otherwise...good sig :up:

marlinsfan24
07-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I heard on the radio they actually are making max money with the pay cut due to no income taxes in Florida....so "technically" they are making max money without making the max money....get it? Don't know if its true but thats what I heard.

Wade should be in the middle with one ring in your sig.

Allstar21
07-10-2010, 01:53 PM
i like how the thread creator disappeared after every post proved him wrong...do a little research dude before you flame people

Cracka2HI!
07-10-2010, 02:38 PM

AHHH HAHAHAHAHAH!!! Yea youre a really smart one. They didn't get the max genius! :facepalm:

29$JerZ
07-10-2010, 02:39 PM
:cricket:

Dallas Tx4Life
07-10-2010, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=LakersIn5;14064350]Why the Lebron hate?
why are people hating on lebron? QUOTE]

exactly... this thread is obvious subliminal hate towards lebron... they didnt even take the max!!!!

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 02:46 PM
i think you need to take kobe from your sig because Kobe won his first 3 championships as the 2nd option to shaq. but otherwise...good sig :up:

If you indeed are serious, then IF lbj wins a title this year it doesnt count? Dude seriously? Go away please your knowledge of baskeball is non-exsistant. Im sick of people trying to take away Kobes titles because he was with shaq, and before you all start calling me a Kobe/Laker homer i am far from it. I am a fan of the game first, Lakers second, but to discount Kobe because he was with shaq is BS. Kobe had just as much of a hand in winning those titles as shaq. Even in Phil Jacksons book "the last season" where he rips Kobe multiple times, he says the same thing. Just stop being jealous that KB can fill one hand with rings and is working on the other.

hype707
07-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Lebron said If it was about the money I would have asked the Cavs to do a sign and trade.... and the next day that is what he did

Malz28
07-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Plus there is no state income tax in Florida, so they basically aren't losing any money. I don't think people hate the fact that Miami got all three, because any of us would love that for our teams. It's the fact that Wade, Bosh and Lebron wasted everybody's time with their lies and deceit because they knew what they were doing alll along. Then to top it all off Lebron has his stupid *** one hour special which just made to situation 1 million times worse.

bowieinspace
07-10-2010, 03:23 PM
those poor guys having to take 2 million less. i truly feel sorry for them. they really must be having a hard time.

BarackObama
07-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Fail thread is fail.

ldc62
07-10-2010, 03:43 PM
They didn't get a max. Knicks fans are still mad?

ldc62
07-10-2010, 03:44 PM
those poor guys having to take 2 million less. i truly feel sorry for them. they really must be having a hard time.

Point is that it helps their team. Don't see your point.

Jay16
07-10-2010, 03:52 PM
each took 15 million less so we can sign other players.
It doesn't matter if you knjow how to spell it cause you're wrong.