PDA

View Full Version : Is There a Line Between being a "fan" and insanity?

marlinsfan24
07-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Is there a limit to how much you can hate a team or a player? There are people on different forums wishing career ending injuries to Wade and James just because they did something they don't like. I don't understand this. How can you claim to be a fan or a sane human being and wish the absolute worst for someone. The Yankees and Red Sox, Lakers and Celtics all have intense rivalries, however their fans would NEVER wish an injury, let alone a career ending injury on the opposing team. I find it pathetic that the 2010 free agency has made fans react like this.

Mochalman
07-10-2010, 01:07 AM
is there a line between one too many post that include "james" "wade" miami"?

iggypop123
07-10-2010, 01:08 AM
is there a limit to how much you love a team that you just started liking 2 days ago that you will go to any thread and say "U MAD!"

marlinsfan24
07-10-2010, 01:08 AM
I mentioned Wade and Lebron, but this is just in general of the NBA. I have seen this way too often and I don't think it's right.

Cbast09
07-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Is there a limit to how much you can hate a team or a player? There are people on different forums wishing career ending injuries to Wade and James just because they did something they don't like. I don't understand this. How can you claim to be a fan or a sane human being and wish the absolute worst for someone. The Yankees and Red Sox, Lakers and Celtics all have intense rivalries, however their fans would NEVER wish an injury, let alone a career ending injury on the opposing team. I find it pathetic that the 2010 free agency has made fans react like this.
People don't like the Heat because we landed the Big 3. Everyone of course is going to hate us. All the teams that lost the Lebron sweepstakes are going to hate us. All the bandwagon fans are going to make people hate us. Lebron having the TV special is going to make people hate us. People take it too personal. Nobody knows them personally, so it's funny how serious people get.

And wishing them an injury is unnecessary and terrible.

soonabooma
07-10-2010, 02:18 AM
People don't like the Heat because we landed the Big 3. Everyone of course is going to hate us. All the teams that lost the Lebron sweepstakes are going to hate us. All the bandwagon fans are going to make people hate us. Lebron having the TV special is going to make people hate us. People take it too personal. Nobody knows them personally, so it's funny how serious people get.

And wishing them an injury is unnecessary and terrible.

Save the speeches son. LBJ is a douchebag w/ cheese. He's the reason people are gonna cheer for the Heat to lose, not Wade or Bosh. If it would have just been Bosh going to team up with Wade then nobody would have had a problem with it. But the fact that Lebron called it quits, gave up, threw in the towel and went running to his little buddies to try to help him get that ring that he so desperately wants is why 99.9 % of the people in the universe think he's a total joke. He was faced with adversity and he crumbled, and people don't respect that becuz any guy who builds himself up into the greatest thing ever should not be such a cowardly little turd. Wade and Bosh came out of the whole thing smelling like roses, while LeDouche completely tarnished his legacy. So when people choose to hate the Heat now, just know the reason why.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 02:37 AM
People don't really want injuries. That's just a spur of the moment thing. People do have a lot of hate though. I wouldn't say I'm a hater, but I want to see them lose. I think it's just a challenge I want to see completed. I like challenges - unlike a certain superstar :D

Cbast09
07-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Save the speeches son. LBJ is a douchebag w/ cheese. He's the reason people are gonna cheer for the Heat to lose, not Wade or Bosh. If it would have just been Bosh going to team up with Wade then nobody would have had a problem with it. But the fact that Lebron called it quits, gave up, threw in the towel and went running to his little buddies to try to help him get that ring that he so desperately wants is why 99.9 % of the people in the universe think he's a total joke. He was faced with adversity and he crumbled, and people don't respect that becuz any guy who builds himself up into the greatest thing ever should not be such a cowardly little turd. Wade and Bosh came out of the whole thing smelling like roses, while LeDouche completely tarnished his legacy. So when people choose to hate the Heat now, just know the reason why.
Still no excuse to wish for injuries.

TheBay30
07-10-2010, 02:40 AM
i hope lebron gets hurt for the whole season and his career

J$mo0th_3o5
07-10-2010, 03:06 AM
kozelkid on Wade

God I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really hope he gets injured.

What a shame:pity:

Dallas Tx4Life
07-10-2010, 03:13 AM
i hope lebron gets hurt for the whole season and his career

HATER! i hope you lose your job and get evicted from your efficiency apartment!!!

ink
07-10-2010, 03:21 AM
I find the Lebron episode to be one of the most obscene things I've ever seen associated with sports. Completely disgusting. Still, that's no excuse to wish injury on an athlete. If anything wish failure on the players that colluded and deceived their own fanbases. I genuinely hope they do not benefit from their extreme hubris.

commonknowledge
07-10-2010, 03:29 AM
"Is There a Line Between being a "fan" and insanity?"

Yea, it's a white powder line that Lebron shakes in his hands and will throw in the air towards Miami fans....... Cavs stand up!

Kyle N.
07-10-2010, 04:27 AM

Actually, I really hate Bosh. Wasn't he the one who pretty much proclaimed that he wanted the **** out of Toronto? How's that for loyalty? Anyway, wishing injury on players is stupid. No player deserves that.

JiffyMix88
07-10-2010, 04:49 AM
I been wanted LeBron to get hurt ppl are just NOW wanting that?

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-10-2010, 05:02 AM
i dont wish any injuries on anyone... but i do hope that delonte west gets labrons mom pregnant ...----- you betta have my do-nuts

bigsams50
07-10-2010, 05:13 AM
Still no excuse to wish for injuries.

Exactly. People wishing for injuries are ****in pathetic.