PDA

View Full Version : Mavs,T'Wolves In Discussions On Al Jefferson Trade

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 11:36 PM
The Dallas Mavericks are continuing their pursuit of Minnesota Timberwolves forward Al Jefferson, according to sources, but talks between the teams have stalled due to Dallas' insistence that the Wolves take on contracts other than that of center Erick Dampier.

Sources say the Mavericks want Minnesota to take on the contracts of guards DeShawn Stevenson (set to make $4.1 million next season) and Matt Carroll (who has three years and $11.7 million remaining on his deal), and are reluctant to send Dampier to Minnesota for Jefferson, whom the Wolves have been shopping for several weeks, and who has three years and $42 million left on his deal. But Minnesota has no interest in either player, with point guards Jonny Flynn and Ramon Sessions on the roster, having acquired shooting guard Martell Webster from Portland in a Draft day trade and taking swingman Wes Johnson fourth overall in the first round.

The Mavericks have re-signed franchise player Dirk Nowitzki (four years, $80 million) and starting center Brendan Haywood (six years, $55 million) to long-term contracts this summer. If Dallas acquired Jefferson it would have one of the biggest and deepest frontcourts in the league, perhaps capable of matching up with the likes of the Lakers in the playoffs.

http://www.nba.com/news/features/aldridge.2010.freeagency/

Mark Cuban needs to stop ****ing around. Go ahead and grab Jefferson.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
seriously. If Kahn has shown one thing, its that he won't take on cap problems. And if Cuban has shown one thing, its that he doesn't care about money.
Jefferson for Dampier is not really fair, but if Minny wants to dump his salary, than Dampier is a dump. Not that I agree with getting nothing but cap relief back for a 25 year old, 20/10 player, but the Wolves had better not take salary on in this case, or I will be pissed

ugafan
07-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Mavs would be disgusting.

IAmKira
07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Mavs would be disgusting.

speak for the heat. They are the most disgusting.

ldc62
07-10-2010, 12:37 AM
"reluctant to send Dampier to Minnesota for Jefferson"

:facepalm:

I guess Kahn is doing the right thing if he wants to start Love and get some cap space. But there should be better offers out there.

nuggetsyankees
07-10-2010, 12:53 AM
if that went down then Minny basically traded KG for Dampier...:puke:

LTBaByyy
07-10-2010, 01:01 AM
if that went down then Minny basically traded KG for Dampier...:puke:

Then they will release him bc his 12 million or whatever is not guaranteed at all haha

So basically they traded KG for free :D

Hawkeye15
07-10-2010, 01:22 AM
I really don't feel like posting the aftermath of the KG trade, and what it has gotten the Wolves, cause it will take 10 minutes, but no dudes, you are both wrong