PDA

View Full Version : Official:Miami Heat Agree To LeBron & Bosh Trades

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 10:59 PM
The Heat also finished off a sign-and-trade agreement Friday with the Toronto Raptors that allowed it to give free-agent power forward Chris Bosh a six-year free-agent contract instead of the maximum five-year contract an outside free agent can receive. The Raptors, in turn, will receive the Heat's 2011 first-round pick and the future pick that Toronto owed to the Heat. The Raptors also received a trade exception of roughly $15 million.

With the sign-and-trade with Cleveland, James also received a six-year package, instead of the maximum five-year deal an outside free agent could receive. The Cavaliers also would receive a $15 million trade exception, in addition to a package of future Heat draft picks that has been reported by the Cleveland Plain Dealer as likely being two first-round picks and two second-round picks.

The arrangements allow Bosh, James and re-signed Heat free-agent guard Dwyane Wade to each receive similar six-year contracts starting just below the league maximum of $16.6 million for next season.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-update-s070910,0,4440538.story?track=rss

Master Mind
07-09-2010, 11:03 PM
:worthy: Riley

J$mo0th_3o5
07-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Pat Riley is a motha****ing boss!!!!!!!!!!!

h2r09
07-09-2010, 11:06 PM
not only did we get them but we got all of them at the 6 year max.

blastmasta26
07-09-2010, 11:16 PM
lol at your sig, 631 is my area code

Back to the topic, that's a nice move.

Eagles Year!!!!
07-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I think the heat management are so boss... the fact of how you get THREE superstars on the same team, not three aging stars like the ones in Boston but three that are 26 years old and are legit legit superstars ... I will bet my left nut this will never happen again (to this extent)

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 11:20 PM

Yes he is.

He basically gave up Miami's entire future in the Draft, but it doesn't matter when you are able to do stuff like this.

They now are capable of using their MLE. They also are now capable of using their Bird Rights on Haslem. I think they also retain their Bi Annual Exception as well.

****ing incredible. Pat Riley is pushing Red Auerbach for Greatest GM in NBA History.

Testaverde16
07-09-2010, 11:21 PM
anyone find it interesting that dan gilbert agreed to a trade? i thought a guy like him would hold more of a grudge. even though its better for his team to have the picks, i wouldnt have been surprised for him to be more spiteful

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 11:22 PM
anyone find it interesting that dan gilbert agreed to a trade? i thought a guy like him would hold more of a grudge. even though its better for his team to have the picks, i wouldnt have been surprised for him to be more spiteful

Hes angry, but hes not stupid.

marlinsfan24
07-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Riley got his end of the bargain done for the Heat. Now the big 3 needs to step it up.

R_O_W_E
07-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Riley got his end of the bargain done for the Heat. Now the big 3 needs to step it up.

Stop calling them the big 3. The big 3 plays in Boston.

They are known as the 3rd Degree.

The boyband of best friends.

ABOMB_56
07-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Yes he is.

He basically gave up Miami's entire future in the Draft, but it doesn't matter when you are able to do stuff like this.

They now are capable of using their MLE. They also are now capable of using their Bird Rights on Haslem. I think they also retain their Bi Annual Exception as well.

****ing incredible. Pat Riley is pushing Red Auerbach for Greatest GM in NBA History.

If all this is true then :worthy: Pat Riley.

PG. Chalmers
SG. Wade
SF. Bron
PF. Bosh
C. Anthony

Bench:
Mike Miller
MLE guy
Haslem
Dorell Wright
Butler
Pittman
Varnado.

bholly
07-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Yes he is.

No. They went far enough under the cap that they don't have an MLE or Bi-annual. I'm also pretty sure (although I haven't seen this confirmed, so not quite 100%), that they had to renounce Bird rights to Haslem in order to get the deals done.

The most trusted source I've seen for this is Larry Coon, who has them with $3.8m left (after the big three + Miller) to spend before they hit the cap, after which it's min contracts. So they can sign Haslem, but only to $3.8m at most - they can't use Bird rights on him as far as we know right now.

(The sun-sentinel story saying they can, which is the source for the other stories saying they can, has been refuted.)

ldc62
07-10-2010, 02:19 AM
They actually took a pay cut meaning JJ and Amare had the biggest contracts this summer.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2010, 02:19 AM
They are going to turn Dorell and Chalmers into all stars like Rondo

PraiseJesus
07-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Stop calling them the big 3. The big 3 plays in Boston.

They are known as the 3rd Degree.

The boyband of best friends.

We should call them the Bigger 3

TheBay30
07-10-2010, 02:22 AM

haha Hell Yeaa...Chalmers gonna start next year for the east all star team..haha

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 02:24 AM

At this point, Rondo is extending the Big 3's career.

marlinsfan24
07-10-2010, 02:27 AM
At this point, Rondo is extending the Big 3's career.

Rondo's a beast. There's no way Mario Chalmers can be equivalent to him

bholly
07-10-2010, 02:29 AM
lol, just went through and did the math and decided they had to have renounced Haslem, otherwise they couldn't have done LBJ and Bosh deals. Then, having done all the work myself, I saw Larry Coon had already confirmed it on twitter:

@P_Matic Haslem's cap hold was too high. They needed to renounce him, then re-sign him with cap room.

@DLord_DBdotcom They must have renounced Haslem to acquire Bosh/James. So no Bird.

So, in short: no Bird rights on Haslem. They can still sign him with the $3.8m they have left over, though.

Also, just to confirm what I said about there being no MLE:

Lost it when they gained the cap room to acquire Wade & James. RT @difdif68: who was the MLE spent on?

No MLE. RT @difdif68: so the heat have $3.8 million and the mid-lvl exception to spend?

So I hope that clears it up.
All quotes are from Larry Coon's twitter - he's probably the most respected cap expert there is.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2010, 02:34 AM
lol, just went through and did the math and decided they had to have renounced Haslem, otherwise they couldn't have done LBJ and Bosh deals. Then, having done all the work myself, I saw Larry Coon had already confirmed it on twitter:

So, in short: no Bird rights on Haslem. They can still sign him with the $3.8m they have left over, though.

Also, just to confirm what I said about there being no MLE:

So I hope that clears it up.
All quotes are from Larry Coon's twitter - he's probably the most respected cap expert there is.

:clap: nice research

J$mo0th_3o5
07-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Yo ROWE that is one creepy *** **** sig:laugh2:

cmellofan15
07-10-2010, 02:40 AM
you can't have MLE if you've been under cap during FA.

bholly
07-10-2010, 02:53 AM
you can't have MLE if you've been too far under cap during FA.
FYP. You can actually go a little bit under and still have it, but in this case they went way under so they don't have it.