PDA

View Full Version : Pat Riley just Gave the Heat All of their exceptions

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Because PAt Riley just signed and traded for both bosh and Lebron, the heat now get the bird rights to all of their free agents such as udonis haslem who is already said to have a deal close and guys like q-rich and dorrell wright, as well as they get all of their exceptions.

Wanna keep hating now everybody?

STOP DISCOUNTING PAT.

this is going to be the biggest move of the offseason.

LTBaByyy
07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Go to the heat forum haha

Tblaze
07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm not discounting pat. :$

Verbal Christ
07-09-2010, 10:04 PM
nothing screams 7 rings like haslem and wright. good lord man get a grip.

unwantedplayer
07-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Ok.

Awesome?

Great?

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:06 PM

they also get mike miller, the mid level exception, and the lower level exception. keept hating. and haslem is a very good pf.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Ok.

Awesome?

Great?

everybody keeps asking how they are going to fill out the roster, they now get 7 million dollars to use or somewhere around there.

GSW Hoops
07-09-2010, 10:08 PM
This is actually pretty big news. If the Heat can keep most of their former players for bench guys, they'll be a pretty darn good team.

Verbal Christ
07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
they also get mike miller, the mid level exception, and the lower level exception. keept hating. and haslem is a very good pf.

im not hating the heat, im hating the newfound heat fans whose heads are approaching barry bonds in magnitude. dude you havent even seen the team play, nice to be confident but chemistry in basketball is vital and its annoying as hell to hear that you guys are gonna win 7 rings, and why even play, its gonna be like a video game. i mean you people are getting set up for the mother of all ridicule. heat fans just might be part of the first ever mass PSD ban come next june, and that would be pretty funny to me.

footballer2369
07-09-2010, 10:11 PM
This is actually pretty big news. If the Heat can keep most of their former players for bench guys, they'll be a pretty darn good team.

that (udonis, dorell)

AND

they will s&t for mike miller

AND

they will have another 5 mil tpe from beasley trade to add a big via trade

AND

have MLE (someone solid) and LLE (barnes)

it will be one of the deepest teams in the league

shizzle09
07-09-2010, 10:14 PM
WOW, this is huge by Riley. Keep Haslem to come off the bench. HUGE!!!!!!!!

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:15 PM
people really just love to hate dot you. al you talk about when we get these guys is that they have no bench. no we will have a bench and trade exceptions. if new orleans wants we could acquire someone like okafer with giving up nothing.

We will now have a lot of money to spend on a bench. what is the excuse for this not to work now?

j-mart
07-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Who the hell are any of those guys???

iggypop123
07-09-2010, 10:16 PM
i want to see haslem guard dwight howard

shizzle09
07-09-2010, 10:17 PM
people really just love to hate dot you. al you talk about when we get these guys is that they have no bench. no we will have a bench and trade exceptions. if new orleans wants we could acquire someone like okafer with giving up nothing.

We will now have a lot of money to spend on a bench. what is the excuse for this not to work now?

Let them hate, i guess this is what it's like to have everyone hate your team. Feels kinda good doesnt it. hahahahaha

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:19 PM

id like to see any team in the league guard lebron AND d wade AND chris bosh to go along with one of the best shooters in the league in the corner.

NYK|NYY
07-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Oh Jesus Heat fans are even bragging about their bench. I knew I wouldn't like this.

Miltown34
I actually am rooting for them since to many people hate them

arkanian215
Masterful by Riley. Cutting the roster down to 2 guaranteed guys was a huge risk. People questioned how they were going to fill those holes. Riley had this planned out well. Cudos to him doing a great job. They'll have more depth than a lot of people could've imagined considering everyone thought the rest of the team would be filled with vet minimums.

I honestly, didn't know you could do that.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Masterful by Riley. Cutting the roster down to 2 guaranteed guys was a huge risk. People questioned how they were going to fill those holes. Riley had this planned out well. Cudos to him doing a great job. They'll have more depth than a lot of people could've imagined considering everyone thought the rest of the team would be filled with vet minimums.

I honestly, didn't know you could do that.

im done being braggy, but what riley did is a lot different than what guys like paxson and the guys in NJ did. Those other guys thought they could just do it a couple months before when in all reality it takes years of planning to do this. you cant just do this a couple months before hand, this had to be a process and riley is an animal.

plpfctn
07-09-2010, 10:23 PM
haslem, wright and q-rich? if that's the best the heat can get, then it's another second round exit for Princess James.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:24 PM
haslem, wright and q-rich? if that's the best the heat can get, then it's another second round exit for Princess James.

no, but it allows them to resign those guys while adding other pieces with exceptions and they can go get a guy liek okafor because they have trade exceptions.

plpfctn
07-09-2010, 10:25 PM
id like to see any team in the league guard lebron AND d wade AND chris bosh to go along with one of the best shooters in the league in the corner.

tony allen abused princess james. garnett owns soft bosh and wade ALWAYS struggles against the celtics. :clap:

KRod#1
07-09-2010, 10:26 PM
The Heat couldnt even sell out with D FREKING WADE on their team. They dont deserve Bosh or the queen.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 10:27 PM
It's funny that ''HATE'' & ''HEAT'' have the same letters in each word coincidence? I think not lol.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
tony allen abused princess james. garnett owns soft bosh and wade ALWAYS struggles against the celtics. :clap:

so basically you are saying you are making things up? tony allen does not abuse lebron. he might not be as good as he usually did, but he still had great games, and wade always struggles against the celtics? you honestly just made that up to hate didnt you?

did you not watch any of the series this year?

THERE IS NO TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THAT CAN GUARD BOTH D WADE AND LBJ WHILE KEEPING BOSH IN CHECK AND ALSO COVERING MIKE MILLER IN THE CORNER. NONE.

USM2012
07-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Those are just back ups and solid one at that. He is just pointing out that the Heat will have a deep team next year which is most people didn't think would happen.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 10:31 PM
so basically you are saying you are making things up? tony allen does not abuse lebron. he might not be as good as he usually did, but he still had great games, and wade always struggles against the celtics? you honestly just made that up to hate didnt you?

THERE IS NO TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THAT CAN GUARD BOTH D WADE AND LBJ WHILE KEEPING BOSH IN CHECK AND ALSO COVERING MIKE MILLER IN THE CORNER. NONE.

You seem to be confusing mike miller with reggie miller i honestly thought mike miller was black until i saw a picture of him. He's a nobody but of course since he's on the ''Dream Team'' he's already being built up to what he's not.

arkanian215
07-09-2010, 10:32 PM
im done being braggy, but what riley did is a lot different than what guys like paxson and the guys in NJ did. Those other guys thought they could just do it a couple months before when in all reality it takes years of planning to do this. you cant just do this a couple months before hand, this had to be a process and riley is an animal.

Both New York and New Jersey have been planing this for at least two years. They just had a different make up than the Heat. If either team had a player of Wade's caliber, the picture would definitely be different.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
They will cover wade and lebron and make bosh and miller beat them whoever they play and you ain't winning with miller and bosh carrying the load buddy.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:35 PM
You seem to be confusing mike miller with reggie miller i honestly thought mike miller was black until i saw a picture of him. He's a nobody but of course since he's on the ''Dream Team'' he's already being built up to what he's not.

you dont watch basketball at all then. mike miller is one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league and has shot over 40% multiple times in his career and he shot over 48%last year from 3.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:37 PM
They will cover wade and lebron and make bosh and miller beat them whoever they play and you ain't winning with miller and bosh carrying the load buddy.

name me 1 team who can cover both lebron and wade while guarding the 3 pt line with miller and have bosh down low getting plenty of open looks. it will be impossible to stop them.

NYKnicks4511

Your team just got two Superstars, be content. No need to bait on the main forum, you're only making yourself and your fanbase look bad. Nobody's hating on Pat Riley, get his meat out your mouth. When the Heat don't win the 'Ship where will you be?

Arrogant SOB...

TEXASTITAN
you dont watch basketball at all then. mike miller is one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league and has shot over 40% multiple times in his career and he shot over 48%last year from 3.

So you did confuse him with reggie miller i thought so!! Get off the crack pipe and put a team together before you go running your mouth to fans of other teams who actually have a team. You have 3 ball hogs and 1 mother******* ball GOOD LUCK!!

ntat
07-09-2010, 10:39 PM
i have literally not seen one thread bashing pat riley.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:40 PM
So you did confuse him with reggie miller i thought so!! Get off the crack pipe and put a team together before you go running your mouth to fans of other teams who actually have a team. You have 3 ball hogs and 1 mother******* ball GOOD LUCK!!

hahahahahahaha. there is literally nothing right about this post.

Magic Bean Fury
07-09-2010, 10:41 PM
kobe on wade
artest on lebron
gasol on bosh
lo on miller
fisher on chalmers
bynum on whoever

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 10:43 PM
name me 1 team who can cover both lebron and wade while guarding the 3 pt line with miller and have bosh down low getting plenty of open looks. it will be impossible to stop them.

Well there's this thing called a center and he's usually the biggest guy on the team that guards the paint and since the rim is in the paint ya kinda have to get past him to score. The rockets with aaron brooks,kevin martin,luis scola,yao,battier can beat your team and will kill you in the paint period. The lakers also have an inside game denver has an inside game orlando,boston,chicago you can't beat those teams as your team is constructed right now. And the heat are not going to win shooting jumpers over everyone it's statistically setup to fail. Here ill be honest with you the heat would have been better signing Amare than lebron at least Amare can play center and him and bosh could control the paint though neither of them are worth a **** on defense. But they could cause enough problems in the paint to open up the outside for wade.

Raoul Duke
Dude, if thats true then Pat Riley is one bad mother****er. I bet he spends the entire next week in the top floor of a high rise somewhere in Miami, looking out the window and sipping scotch, just thinking "suck it, world".

arkanian215
kobe on wade
artest on lebron
gasol on bosh
lo on miller
fisher on chalmers
bynum on whoever

Very interesting matchup. They won't have an answer for Bynum. The only thing holding Bynum back is his health.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Very interesting matchup. They won't have an answer for Bynum. The only thing holding Bynum back is his health.

the heat actually have atrade exception in which they can acquire a guy like a emeka okafor and provide salary elief to the hornets. there are many moves riley can make to gedt a center.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Kmart on wade
Battier on lebron
Scola on bosh
Brooks on miller
Yao on whatever warm body you get to play center

Oh and i forgot we have one of the deepest benches in the league :)

DodgerBulls
07-09-2010, 10:52 PM

Here's a thought..

How many games have they played yet, how many championships have they won?

NONE!

You're like a kid in elementary who got the best toy out of jealousy then finds out after you get them that there was something wrong with the toy and is not in trend anymore.

leftymo
07-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Teams under the salary cap do not get an MLE or LLE. Those are reserved for teams over the cap.

I don't doubt Pat's ability to build a proper team around the big three.

Championship teams come with a strong post presence... Bosh isn't there yet, and Lebron & Wade don't have a post game...

They'll need a few more bigs in my opinion to have a shot.

Until then, the 2 time defending champs are the favorites to win it all in 2011.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 10:53 PM
the heat actually have atrade exception in which they can acquire a guy like a emeka okafor and provide salary elief to the hornets. there are many moves riley can make to gedt a center.

Please learn to spell before you attempt to argue.

ElMarroAfamado
07-09-2010, 10:54 PM
im not going to feel sorry for HEAT fans when lebron james is the reason they dont win a title.
they are quickly becoming the Cavs fans of years past

ElMarroAfamado
07-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Please learn to spell before you attempt to argue.

you know they are OBVIOUS typos
:facepalm:

were you just bored?

smith&wesson
07-09-2010, 10:55 PM
chalmers
wade/mike miller
lebron/q rich
bosh/ haslem
wright

dam thats pretty dope... yall just need more depth at the 5 and your good to go.

leftymo

The team that has been to three consecutive NBA finals, including back to back champions.

Spoelstra vs. Phil Jackson...

I'm drooling. Enjoy the reg season, june is reserved for that team in LA with 31 finals appearances and 16 titles...

h2r09
Teams under the salary cap do not get an MLE or LLE. Those are reserved for teams over the cap.

I don't doubt Pat's ability to build a proper team around the big three.

Championship teams come with a strong post presence... Bosh isn't there yet, and Lebron & Wade don't have a post game...

They'll need a few more bigs in my opinion to have a shot.

Until then, the 2 time defending champs are the favorites to win it all in 2011.

pat riley configured it so they do get them because they will now be over the cap.

He signed and traded for bosh and lbj so that doesnt count as using salary cap which also means we still retain our bird righs to our free agents. Because of that we now go over the cap and we also now get the exceptions because we did not use salary cap space on outside free agents.

Pat riley knows what he is doing and just did it perfectly.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
you know they are OBVIOUS typos

were you just bored?

I know they came from a delusional and disgruntled heat fan it's gotta be the heat getting to him down on south beach. Make excuses for him like they are going to do when the big 3 fail they are going to need all the sympathy they can get.

Catfish1314
07-09-2010, 10:57 PM
This is good news for Miami. If they can bring back even just Richardson and Haslem, those are two tough guys who would fit perfectly as role players on a contender. Haslem has been there before.

The only problem I see is finding a center. Joel Anthony is a serviceable big body but he, Bosh and Haslem would get bullied by the bigger frontcourts.

RCarlson85

That's why Wade averaged like 33 per against the Celtics this year in the playoffs and shot a way better FG% than in the regular season. Also Garnett is on the decline and the Celtic's window is closing if it hasn't already.

Miami_Megatron
People if you want to hate somthin or someone, hate ESPN because they are MILKING the **** outta this.........this **** is soooooooooo crazy!

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 10:58 PM
ESPN is owned by disney so i mean really what do you expect.

effen5
07-09-2010, 10:58 PM

What...this is not what the heat fans were saying last year...

You guys were like start beasy start beasy

Kyben36
07-09-2010, 11:00 PM
still dont have a c.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 11:01 PM
What...this is not what the heat fans were saying last year...

You guys were like start beasy start beasy

1) i wasnt saying that, although beasley was already starting so im not sure you know what you are talking about.

2) no one has ever said haslem is not a good player and he is a great option to have as a pf coming off the bench, he is a championship pf. we wanteds beasley to play in crunch time because we felt he could become so much more but he never took that next step.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 11:01 PM
still dont have a c.

because we wont address that as the offseason goes on of course....

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 11:02 PM
because we wont address that as the offseason goes on of course....

Im sure if you scour the D league you will find someone right?

RCarlson85
07-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Kmart on wade
Battier on lebron
Scola on bosh
Brooks on miller
Yao on whatever warm body you get to play center

Oh and i forgot we have one of the deepest benches in the league :)

Did you forget that you didn't even make the playoffs last year and that Yao has been out for like 2 years? Who knows if he will ever be the same again or if his weak joints can hold up his huge *** self. I wouldn't try to compare the rockets to the Heat. Now if you are a Laker fan ok, but a rocket fan I don't think so.

bholly
07-09-2010, 11:06 PM
pat riley configured it so they do get them because they will now be over the cap.

He signed and traded for bosh and lbj so that doesnt count as using salary cap which also means we still retain our bird righs to our free agents. Because of that we now go over the cap and we also now get the exceptions because we did not use salary cap space on outside free agents.

Is there a legitimate source for all this? S&Ts mean the Heat will inherit Bosh + LBJs Bird rights, but they still don't have Bird rights to Haslem and their other old players. Also, they lost their exceptions (MLE, Bi-annual, etc) the second they went under the cap. Where are you getting all this rubbish from?

Given that Larry Coon (the biggest cap expert there is in the media) is debunking these rumours right now on his twitter (http://twitter.com/LarryCoon) and the OP proved in a number of other threads over the last few days that he has absolutely no idea about even the basics of the cap system (eg here: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13998907&postcount=48) I would say this is all ******** until there's a legitimate source.

For now, Miami will only have min salaries to offer Haslem and others, and I'm pretty sure it will stay that way.

dolfan720
07-09-2010, 11:07 PM
im not hating the heat, im hating the newfound heat fans whose heads are approaching barry bonds in magnitude. dude you havent even seen the team play, nice to be confident but chemistry in basketball is vital and its annoying as hell to hear that you guys are gonna win 7 rings, and why even play, its gonna be like a video game. i mean you people are getting set up for the mother of all ridicule. heat fans just might be part of the first ever mass PSD ban come next june, and that would be pretty funny to me.

its all so true

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 11:07 PM
You can't just throw 3 stars together around a bench of D league players and call it championship caliber. You got 2 of those guys who like to drive to the basket with no center worth a **** whoever you get to help them out. You have to pray for foul calls and 3 point shooting to win if you get to the finals. Logic tells you that's not going to work bosh doesn't defend and will be all alone in the paint teams with size are just going to brush him aside and make you beat them from behind the line. That may work against the weaker teams in the east but thats not going to work against the stronger balanced teams in the west.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Is there a legitimate source for all this? S&Ts mean the Heat will inherit Bosh + LBJs Bird rights, but they still don't have Bird rights to Haslem and their other old players. Also, they lost their exceptions (MLE, Bi-annual, etc) the second they went under the cap. Where are you getting all this rubbish from?

Given that Larry Coon (the biggest cap expert there is in the media) is debunking these rumours right now on his twitter (http://twitter.com/LarryCoon) and the OP proved in a number of other threads over the last few days that he has absolutely no idea about even the basics of the cap system (eg here: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13998907&postcount=48) I would say this is all ******** until there's a legitimate source.

For now, Miami will only have min salaries to offer Haslem and others, and I'm pretty sure it will stay that way.
no they wont. because they signed and traded for these guys we get to keep the bird rights to our guys.

R.I.P.#34
07-09-2010, 11:10 PM

Do you have a link for any of this. I'm no expert, but I thought they already renounced their rights to the Haslem and the other free agents. Also, I know that the Heat do not get the mid-level exception because they were below the salary cap when free agency started.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Did you forget that you didn't even make the playoffs last year and that Yao has been out for like 2 years? Who knows if he will ever be the same again or if his weak joints can hold up his huge *** self. I wouldn't try to compare the rockets to the Heat. Now if you are a Laker fan ok, but a rocket fan I don't think so.

No but i remember us taking the lakers to 7 games without a superstar and just bench players. I remember not having yao all year and STILL winning 40 games and almost making the playoffs anyway. Thats what a team is about right there DEPTH the heat have no DEPTH. And i guess none of the big 3 are going to miss any games or within the next 5 years have ANY kind of major injury taking the big 3 down to 2. Go ahead and sleep on houston yao is back and he's in a contract year so since he wants to get paid im sure he plays all year to get his money sleep on H-town i dare you.

Gambeezy
07-09-2010, 11:13 PM
still dont have a c.

We'll find someone to take up space down there. Really we just need size, some D, and some boards. Pittman can bring that. He is unproven and a back-up at best right now, but if he needs to start then I'm not completely terrified.

bholly
07-09-2010, 11:14 PM
no they wont. because they signed and traded for these guys we get to keep the bird rights to our guys.

That's not true. It's just not true at all. You've been doing this for days. I'll tell you what, just to make sure you're not just making **** up I'm going to offer you a bet:

If you're right, and Riley managed to work it so that the Heat have the MLE and the other exceptions this offseason, as well as the Bird rights to Haslem and the outgoing FAs, then I will never post in the NBA forum again.
If you're wrong, and they don't have all of those things, then you never post in the NBA forum again.

Do we have a deal, or are you going to back out and admit you don't have legitimate sources and are just making stuff up?

CowboysKB24
07-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Because PAt Riley just signed and traded for both bosh and Lebron, the heat now get the bird rights to all of their free agents such as udonis haslem who is already said to have a deal close and guys like q-rich and dorrell wright, as well as they get all of their exceptions.

STOP DISCOUNTING PAT.

Pat Riley is great. There is no arguing that.

Testaverde16
07-09-2010, 11:16 PM
can we wait til they play a game? or have more than 4 players?

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Put that heat team in the west and see what happens. You would end up a 5 or 6 seed at best. Im not saying in the east your not gonna make the playoffs because you probably do all it takes is 40 wins in the east to make the playoffs. But you bring that team to the west and you don't make the finals at all in the next 5 years.

shizzle09
07-09-2010, 11:20 PM

shizzle09
07-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Put that heat team in the west and see what happens. You would end up a 5 or 6 seed at best. Im not saying in the east your not gonna make the playoffs because you probably do all it takes is 40 wins in the east to make the playoffs. But you bring that team to the west and you don't make the finals at all in the next 5 years.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

If there was a larger facepalm for you i would use it but for now these will work. what are you 12? lol

Gambeezy
07-09-2010, 11:22 PM
That's not true. It's just not true at all. You've been doing this for days. I'll tell you what, just to make sure you're not just making **** up I'm going to offer you a bet:

If you're right, and Riley managed to work it so that the Heat have the MLE and the other exceptions this offseason, as well as the Bird rights to Haslem and the outgoing FAs, then I will never post in the NBA forum again.
If you're wrong, and they don't have all of those things, then you never post in the NBA forum again.

Do we have a deal, or are you going to back out and admit you don't have legitimate sources and are just making stuff up?

Well, farewell then bholly because it's true.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 11:23 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

If there was a larger facepalm for you i would use it but for now these will work. what are you 12? lol

Using emoticons what are you 12? Put the koolaid down and go run around the neighborhood. Yeah i said it if this team was in the west they wouldn't make the finals at all in 5 years.

bholly
07-09-2010, 11:23 PM

Lol, you can use the facepalm all you like, but it doesn't make me wrong, and it doesn't make you right. I'd offer you the same bet as above, but I really really want OP to accept it, and he'll have no reason to if you have already.

bholly
07-09-2010, 11:25 PM

He has to post here accepting the bet first.

Gambeezy
07-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Lol, you can use the facepalm all you like, but it doesn't make me wrong, and it doesn't make you right. I'd offer you the same bet as above, but I really really want OP to accept it, and he'll have no reason to if you have already.

bholly, i thought you were leaving if the aforementioned bet were true? I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 11:26 PM
With no presence in the paint and no bench and nobody at point your team wins 40-45 games in the west

Gambeezy
07-09-2010, 11:28 PM
He has to post here accepting the bet first.

I'm just saying I would take the bet off the table if I were you. Pat Riley is working magic on a whole new level right now. I don't want you to be sigged over something silly.

bholly
Like I said above, it's only a bet if he comes in here and agrees to the terms. I'm not going to commit to leaving if he hasn't even seen this.

RCarlson85
No but i remember us taking the lakers to 7 games without a superstar and just bench players. I remember not having yao all year and STILL winning 40 games and almost making the playoffs anyway. Thats what a team is about right there DEPTH the heat have no DEPTH. And i guess none of the big 3 are going to miss any games or within the next 5 years have ANY kind of major injury taking the big 3 down to 2. Go ahead and sleep on houston yao is back and he's in a contract year so since he wants to get paid im sure he plays all year to get his money sleep on H-town i dare you.

It's easy to talk about how the Heat have no depth now. They just got Wade, Lebron, and Bosh on board in the last 2 days. That was the first step, now Riley will work on filling out the team. It will not take one day to get it done. Rip on the Heat for nothing besides the 3 stars while you can, because it won't last.

Lebron and Bosh have no history of injuries. So it's stupid to just assume they will get injured. Wade missed some time in 2 different seasons, but has been healthy the past 2 seasons. But if you really want to focus on possible injuries, my money is on Yao getting injured again this season. He will come back and be healthy for awhile until he shatters his foot again. Then you can go back to starting 6'6" Chuck Hayes at center. Houston worries me about as much as Cleveland without Lebron.

Thisisouryear!!
07-09-2010, 11:30 PM
**** miami

Truheatfan
07-09-2010, 11:30 PM

i want to see wade and lebron dunk on dwight howard! :punish

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 11:33 PM
It's easy to talk about how the Heat have no depth now. They just got Wade, Lebron, and Bosh on board in the last 2 days. That was the first step, now Riley will work on filling out the team. It will not take one day to get it done. Rip on the Heat for nothing besides the 3 stars while you can, because it won't last.

Lebron and Bosh have no history of injuries. So it's stupid to just assume they will get injured. Wade missed some time in 2 different seasons, but has been healthy the past 2 seasons. But if you really want to focus on possible injuries, my money is on Yao getting injured again this season. He will come back and be healthy for awhile until he shatters his foot again. Then you can go back to starting 6'6" Chuck Hayes at center. Houston worries me about as much as Cleveland without Lebron.

So because they have never had an injury just automatically means it won't happen as they get older? Yao will play a full season and chuck did fine against the lakers im sure your team wouldn't be an issue should it come to that. Keep in mind the west holds the title as of right now and is a better conference than the east you can beat up on the weaker teams in the east all you want but the teams in the west are different they have size depth and balance. And while im on the subject im not convinced you can get past orlando or boston or chicago they all have low post players that are going to kick your teeth in. Worry about getting out of your conference before you do the rockets i can tell the west scares you and it's justified.

bholly
07-09-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm just saying I would take the bet off the table if I were you. Pat Riley is working magic on a whole new level right now. I don't want you to be sigged over something silly.

I agree he's working magic, but he can't just magic away the rules.

I'm not really that bothered by this, I just offered the OP the bet because he's been doing the same thing for days - just posting rumors/ideas that directly contradict the rules - and it's really annoying, because wading through crap like that just makes it harder to find the actual news. I don't have any issue with you and don't have any reason to want you not posting here anymore, but we could work out some sort of friendly sig bet on it or something, if you like?

Cowboys123456

Raptor fan here and b4 u argue bosh has no history of injuries just look at the end of last year and u will c u r incorrect

TEXASTITAN
Im out this is getting old you discount the rockets but can't provide how your going to get past the teams in your own conference with size. Really lame you better hope yao goes down because if you face houston healthy your screwed.

chitown 4 life
07-09-2010, 11:41 PM
pat didnt do **** this was all put together by d.wade lebron and bosh d.wade told pat to clear the roster and he did the NBA needs to do somthing about this...

SportsFanatic10
07-09-2010, 11:45 PM
haha I love the jealousy from the rest of the NBA. For all the people saying a few days ago how they hoped Miami would look stupid and get noone with their cap space....LOL!!! Kobe must be pissed now that he won't get his 6th ring to tie Jordan.

shizzle09
07-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Using emoticons what are you 12? Put the koolaid down and go run around the neighborhood. Yeah i said it if this team was in the west they wouldn't make the finals at all in 5 years.

You see, the koolaid im drinking is made up of a freaking super trio with Mike Miller coming along with Haslem and others. You're in here running your mouth about the Heat being the 5th seed in the west when they're now the vegas fave's to win it all. Maybe if you said you didnt think they would win it all this year that would fly but come on. I'll stick to the koolaid while you stick to your crack pipe. Put it down.

shizzle09
07-09-2010, 11:48 PM
pat didnt do **** this was all put together by d.wade lebron and bosh d.wade told pat to clear the roster and he did the NBA needs to do somthing about this...

hahah, Pat Riley had to give them the platform to make this happen. He cleared the cap space and it started 3 years ago.

Gibby23

Hey dumbass, they don't have Bird rightd to any of those guys because they were under the cap as of July 1 and they basically just trades open cap space to the Raps and Cavs. This is good for Bosh and Lebron because they get a 6th year now and bigger raises.In order to free up all that cap space and be able to trade, the Heat renounced the rights to every player that they had that was a FA except Wade.

Superboy21
let's be frank here: the heat have no big man on defense to stop dominant low post scorers and have no point guard at the present moment. they have two guys that play the exact same game and are ball dominant in Wade and James. Sure you can play James at point guard, but do you expect Wade to come off screens and knock down jump shots albeit he doesn't really have that element consistently part of his game. Riley's slickness (both in his character and hair) remains, so I'm expecting him to acquire some good talent and make it work somehow. Miller's a solid player to pick up, but he is better off the dribble than he is at just shooting off the catch. Who knows, maybe they'll bring back Jason Kapono

Gibby23
07-09-2010, 11:50 PM

It is False,No Birdrights except Wade and no MLE or any other exception. Look atmy post above. Learn the salary cap before you run your mouth.

enserio
07-09-2010, 11:51 PM
OP is off finding links and reading cap rules before he take the bet or takes off.

phoenix_bladen

we hand over the trophy to you now you happy?

oops it's to those 3 greedy bastards you don't get ****!

RCarlson85
So because they have never had an injury just automatically means it won't happen as they get older? Yao will play a full season and chuck did fine against the lakers im sure your team wouldn't be an issue should it come to that. Keep in mind the west holds the title as of right now and is a better conference than the east you can beat up on the weaker teams in the east all you want but the teams in the west are different they have size depth and balance. And while im on the subject im not convinced you can get past orlando or boston or chicago they all have low post players that are going to kick your teeth in. Worry about getting out of your conference before you do the rockets i can tell the west scares you and it's justified.

Kendrick Perkins and an aging KG don't scare me. Noah is good, but he is by no means great. Boozer is really good, but beyond him and Rose no one else scares me at all on the bulls. Noah, Boozer, and Rose isn't enough. And FYI, the Heat beat Orlando last year 3 out of 4 games with a front line of Jermain O'neal and Beas.

Who in the West is supposed to scare me? Not dallas who has the same squad that lost in the 1st round, not phx with no Amare, not Utah without Boozer, not old *** San Antonio, and certainly not Houston. Denver should be good again and Portland and OKC should be improved, but none good enough to beat the Heat if they were to meet in the Finals. The team that I have the most respect for in the West is the Lakers, but I still don't feel like they Heat wouldn't beat them. Face it, the balance of power has shifted to the East. All the West has is LA and Kobe only has so much left. He is beyond his prime and started showing signs of dropping off a bit this year.

bholly
07-09-2010, 11:54 PM
OP is off finding links and reading cap rules before he take the bet or takes off.

lol, nah, I sent him a PM and his profile page said he hasn't had any activity since 10:14pm. I think he's actually just off doing something else. Story probably will be over by the time he's back and I'll have missed my chance.

Raydogg909
07-09-2010, 11:55 PM
WOW I'm a raps fan here and I must say this is a sad time for the NBA this team has now cemented itself as a championship team for the next 6-10 years possibly hahaha because these guys can re-up at the end of their contract....

Miami to sign and trade for both Lebron and Bosh...which means they can first use the TPE from Beasley trade to sign and trade for Mike Miller, then they can re-sign their free agents (Udonis Haslem, Dorrel Wright, ect...) with bird rights and ****** over the rest of the NBA!!! It's truley over everyone!!

Not to mention their is a possibility that they may have gotten their MLE (5.8mil) and Bi-annual (2mil) exception back to pick up additional guys....

Chalmers/Alston/Arroyo
Wade/Miller
Lebron/Richardson/Wright
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Magloire

This is the very least the miami heat can do and that is without the MLE and BAE!!!!

Gibby23
07-09-2010, 11:55 PM
The only way the S & T helps Miami is the Lebron,Wade,and Bosh can take less money and make up for it with the 6th year and bigger raises.

Suppose they agree to a 15 baseline, raise is 1.575. Remember they also get the extra year.

113.6M

At 8% raises but starting at 15.5 as reported, raise is 1.24. Make the years equal.

111.5M

So they can start at 15 and still make 2M more. Can keep working with that and see what the Musketeeers are willing to do.

If it's 15 for them, 5 for Miller, plus Chalmers and the second rounders that's around 52, and 1.5million hit for Jones, that makes it about 53.5. Have the mandatory cap holds for another 2, but as you sign a player that is reduced by one. So in theory Heat can be around 55.5 and still have another 2.5+ to play with.

RCarlson85
07-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Here's a link to an article talking about Miami and the sign and trades for Lebron and Bosh.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-update-s070910,0,4440538.story?track=rss

xbrackattackx
07-09-2010, 11:58 PM

Lakers got you...

Kobe Dwade
Artest Bron
Gasol/Bynum Bosh
Blake and Fisher can handle any vet PG you guys pick up and they can def keep up with Miller.

And who's gonna guard Odom mister miss match? Bosh, K.

Raydogg909
07-09-2010, 11:58 PM
It is False,No Birdrights except Wade and no MLE or any other exception. Look atmy post above. Learn the salary cap before you run your mouth.

This is all possible because the raps were in the same situation last off-season up until we sign and traded for turkoglu!!! Then we got all our **** back and didnt have to renounce!!

Tony_Starks
07-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Its going to be a really long season for the haters because Miami is going to be really nice. With that core in place you can fill in the team with a few vets and a couple athletic guys and its a wrap. Boston did just that with their big three who weren't near as talented.

Im not handing them the trophy, I still think a healthy Boston gives anybody in the east a run for their money. Still its going to be fun to watch.

Between them and the Lakers domininating there's going to be a whole lot "why u mad :mad:" moments this jolly psd season!

bholly
07-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Here's a link to an article talking about Miami and the sign and trades for Lebron and Bosh.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-update-s070910,0,4440538.story?track=rss

Here's a tweet from ESPN salary cap expert Larry Coon (the author of the salary cap faq that's being discussed in your heat forum) saying that story is wrong:

Yes. In that scenario, Miami would have to send big salary in return. RT @original_ARI: so is this article incorrect? http://bit.ly/bCXHSJ

static_inferno
07-10-2010, 12:03 AM
So you're telling me if you gut your entire roster and just give money and picks to a couple of superstars' former teams, you still keep the bird rights to your team's free agents? Can someone explain to me how this is possible? I'm not "hating" here (since that's the Heat fans' new favorite word) but can someone who has actual knowledge about contract rules within the NBA explain to me how Riley did this?

Gibby23
07-10-2010, 12:04 AM
This is all possible because the raps were in the same situation last off-season up until we sign and traded for turkoglu!!! Then we got all our **** back and didnt have to renounce!!

The Raptors trade players and cash and picks. The Heat traded the TPE (cap space)

bulldog312
07-10-2010, 12:06 AM
So you're telling me if you gut your entire roster and just give money and picks to a couple of superstars' former teams, you still keep the bird rights to your team's free agents? Can someone explain to me how this is possible? I'm not "hating" here (since that's the Heat fans' new favorite word) but can someone who has actual knowledge about contract rules within the NBA explain to me how Riley did this?

I'm still positive its not possible. People aren't understanding the cap rules. A sign and trade does not do anything cap wise for the Heat (except maybe making the big 3 willing to take less money in year 1).

bholly

I don't have any credentials, but I'm pretty sure I understand the rules better than most people supporting this story. How did Riley do this? He didn't. I'm not 'hating' either, but it really is just a rumor with no sources (except one that has been refuted) and no basis in the rules.

Wrench
:facepalm: Why do people post without facts.

And these bandwagoners are making Heat fans look like idiots.

camador22
07-10-2010, 12:07 AM
This seems to be the lineup Miami is looking at if Fisher joins

PG-Fisher
SG-Wade
SF-Lebron
PF-Bosh
C-Haslem

Bench
Miller
Q-Rich
Chalmers
Anthony

Raydogg909
07-10-2010, 12:07 AM

By signing and trading for these guys the Heat didn't actually have "cap room" they just did a bunch of trades and remained as is! Thus, they didn't have to renounce any of their players and thus still have the right to those free agents of theirs! Also, assuming they are near the cap they may have the MLE and BAE available to them aswell since they technically never had to cap room!

KnickFanSince91
07-10-2010, 12:08 AM

It's a simple explanation: He didn't and it's not allowed by the NBA. Here is a page with a detailed FAQ about the Salary Cap.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

In short, the OP was full of BS and they had to renounce just about everybody to sign Destiny's Child. Since they didn't take the full max, that left enough money so they did not have to renounce Haslem but qrich and the rest of them are gone.

Raydogg909
07-10-2010, 12:09 AM
The Raptors trade players and cash and picks. The Heat traded the TPE (cap space)

Bro that doesn't matter lol....a S&T is a S&T and the Heat gave picks and TPE to Raps and Cavs!

Raydogg909
07-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Oh and Orlando also got a TPE from the Raps last year to for Turkoglu!! 9mill TPE!!

KnickFanSince91
07-10-2010, 12:11 AM
By signing and trading for these guys the Heat didn't actually have "cap room" they just did a bunch of trades and remained as is! Thus, they didn't have to renounce any of their players and thus still have the right to those free agents of theirs! Also, assuming they are near the cap they may have the MLE and BAE available to them aswell since they technically never had to cap room!

This is just false. Trade exceptions can only happen when there is cap room. You're essentially trading a player for cap space. MLE is not available to any team under the cap. Did you miss the whole time they had two people under the roster? That is technically cap room! :facepalm:

Mods need to lock this bs thread.

Gibby23
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Bro that doesn't matter lol....a S&T is a S&T and the Heat gave picks and TPE to Raps and Cavs!

******, TPE means they traded their Cap space nd gave it to the Cavs and Raps. Now those 2 teams can trade the TPE for up to about 16 million in contracts.

Wrench
07-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Have to agree. How was the thread lead to continue? There where 0 facts behind it. It was a Heat fan baiting. 3 day ban no? Need to enforce the rules hard right now or the NBA board is going to implode.

Bigbadmoffo
07-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Those are just back ups and solid one at that. He is just pointing out that the Heat will have a deep team next year which is most people didn't think would happen.

It's still one of the weakess bench's in the league.
That and this team is gonna have some nice blocks from wade and Lebron but they will be pretty weak on defense. Still gonna be a top team but they won't walk all over the rest of the league like some think.

Aussy4GM
07-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Your team just got two Superstars, be content. No need to bait on the main forum, you're only making yourself and your fanbase look bad. Nobody's hating on Pat Riley, get his meat out your mouth. When the Heat don't win the 'Ship where will you be?

Arrogant SOB...

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

RCarlson85
07-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Here's a tweet from ESPN salary cap expert Larry Coon (the author of the salary cap faq that's being discussed in your heat forum) saying that story is wrong:

So if it's wrong than why are other people starting to report it? Here's a link to a yahoosports article about all 3 signing 6 year deals. That's not possible for Lebron and Bosh without a sign and trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Av7vE0DQJOiZrZqA75Rvs1k5nYcB?slug=ap-lebronsdecision

static_inferno
07-10-2010, 12:17 AM
It's a simple explanation: He didn't and it's not allowed by the NBA. Here is a page with a detailed FAQ about the Salary Cap.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

In short, the OP was full of BS and they had to renounce just about everybody to sign Destiny's Child. Since they didn't take the full max, that left enough money so they did not have to renounce Haslem but qrich and the rest of them are gone.
That's what I thought. It sounded like it would be something illegal; I just didn't want to upset the Heat "fans" who I've never seen post on this forum before.

Gibby23
07-10-2010, 12:21 AM
So if it's wrong than why are other people starting to report it? Here's a link to a yahoosports article about all 3 signing 6 year deals. That's not possible for Lebron and Bosh without a sign and trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Av7vE0DQJOiZrZqA75Rvs1k5nYcB?slug=ap-lebronsdecision

Those reports are true. The S & T is only good for Bosh and Lebron because they get the 6th year, Miami did it to make them happy with the 6th year because Wade already gets it, but they sent over cap space (TPE) to the Cavs and Raps. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh toook a bit less so they didn't have to renounce Haslem, beut he is the onlyone they didn't renounce.

bholly
07-10-2010, 12:22 AM

I'm not saying they aren't doing sign and trades, I'm saying that doing that doesn't give them their exceptions back and the Bird rights to Haslem et al. That's the whole point of this discussion.

KnickFanSince91
07-10-2010, 12:25 AM
That's what I thought. It sounded like it would be something illegal; I just didn't want to upset the Heat "fans" who I've never seen post on this forum before.

Yea, we've been going over every possible Salary Cap scenario on the Knicks board for a while now. Shout out to Still A Fan.

Some of these "fans" need to do their hw.

RCarlson85
07-10-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm not saying they aren't doing sign and trades, I'm saying that doing that doesn't give them their exceptions back and the Bird rights to Haslem et al. That's the whole point of this discussion.

That's fine, but the article I posted awhile back wasn't dealing with that. It was just talking about the sign and trades. You responded to the first article by saying it's wrong. I posted the article because some didn't seem to believe the sign and trades were happening, nothing to do with bird rights. I guess we just misunderstood each other. It's all good now.

NY-SportsFan
07-10-2010, 12:29 AM
I have been following the cap pretty carefully for the past 2 years as the Knicks have been trying to make a deal with the devil...

While I agree it does not seem possible for Miami to have retained all of their bird rights and exceptions, they may have been able to retain enough room through the S&T to keep Haslem's rights. But not everything.

I would like to point out however...
Every team TECHNICALLY is awarded the Mid Level exception at the beginning of free agency, even if they are under the cap. It is typically only a formality for a team to renounce the mid level as it restricts their flexibility to use their cap space. i.e.: If they were 17 mil under the cap, then 5.8ish miil of their space would be technically the Mid level exception until the renounced it. if they did not renounce it, they would only be able to offer a 11.2 million dollar contract and a 5.8 million dollar contract separately instead of being able to offer someone the max.

NY-SportsFan
07-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Oh, by the way, the Miami bandwagon may become worse than the New Orleans Saints bandwagon this past year. The obnoxious clueless "fans" came out of nowhere in mass amounts for that, but I could see this becoming worse. And this is coming from someone who lives near New Orleans and had to deal with the bandwagon first hand.

boriquaabe
07-10-2010, 12:41 AM
7 Championships....lmao that was funny.

An expansion team....Cool.

How many times did Leneckbeard refer to himself in the third person?

They came out in their uniforms when they didn't even have a game....

It wasn't about money yet Between the three of them they are depositing over 300mil in their bank accounts.

His "handlers" called Cavs owner at 9:01 to tell him he was going to Miami. No he's not a coward.

Dwayne Wade.... That dude is going to be 29 and he already walks with a limp.

I lived in Miami and the only thing good anout it is you can go gamble on Jai alai.

Curt Flood is spinning in his grave RIP. (for you young guys go google Curt Flood)

DC Laker
07-10-2010, 12:41 AM

PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO THE JUNK ON THIS THREAD!!! HALF OF IT IS DEAD WRONG!!!

FIRST:

The Heat will NOT HAVE ANY TRADE EXCEPTIONS!!! The trade exceptions go to the team NOT getting the player. The Cav's get the trade exception, the Raptors get a trade exception.... A trade exception is when there is a difference in the salaries coming in and going out. So when the Cav's trade James and a $16 Million contract to the Heat for draft picks, the Cav's are short $16 Million in salary, and THEY get an exception that THEY can use to get another player.

So stop with getting Okafor or ANYONE ELSE with an exception!!!

SECOND:

If due to the trades the Heat qualify for the Mid Level Exception... it is for $5.8 Million a Year NOT $7 Million and all the other numbers people are tossing out here.

It appears that all or almost all of this is going to Mike Miller, who is reported to have a $5 Million offer...

THIRD:

The Bi-Annual Exception is Less the $2 Million Dollars a year and near a Minimium salary, depending on the years of service for the player... So its not a draw for any player of Quality.

FORTH:

Bird Rights do NOT apply to Quinton Richardson. A player MUST have played 3 seasons for the team before they qualify for Bird Rights. Q has not done so, and CAN NOT BE RESIGNED WITH BIRD RIGHTS!!!

Hasslem could be and so could Dorrell Wright.

May I suggest a little research before some of you just start typing flat out incorrect tuff...

Cbast09
07-10-2010, 12:43 AM
All I can say is the bandwagon Heat fans are going to be arrogant.

The Laker fans are going to trash talk.

The real Heat fans are too happy to care about the haters because we went through a lot to get here.

And everyone else is going to hate Miami.

boriquaabe
07-10-2010, 12:45 AM
LeQuackfoot favorite teams growing up were the Yankees,Cowboys and Bulls. The three best franchises in their respective sports during the 90's..... Dude is a frontrunner and is shook.

MU and UW Fan
07-10-2010, 12:55 AM
why Bosh choose #1 and not #4?

bholly
07-10-2010, 01:08 AM
This is all form Larry Coon's twitter, much of it originally from Chad Ford:

LBJ/Bosh start at $14.5M (total $110m over 6 years)
Wade starts at $14.2m (total $107m over 6 years)

In total, Miami have $44,054,389 in committed contracts, $1,544,172 on James Jones' guarantee $1,060,120 on Anthony's qualifying offer, $3,315,228 in roster charges, total is $49,973,909, leaving $8,070,091.

Miller will apparently start at $4.3m (total $25m over 5 years).
This leaves $3.8m for other signings.

Also here's a quote from the CBA faq:

The Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and Traded Player exceptions may be lost entirely, or the team may never receive them to begin with. This happens when their team salary is so low that when the exceptions are added to the team salary, the sum is still below the salary cap. If the team salary is below this level when the exception arises, then the team doesn't get the exception. If the team salary ever drops below this level during the year, then any exceptions they had are lost.
Because, up until the trades bringing LBJ and Bosh in, the Heat's salary was so far below the cap, they lost their exceptions. They can't get them back.

Here's some more quotes from Coon:

No MLE. RT @difdif68: so the heat have $3.8 million and the mid-lvl exception to spend?

Lost it when they gained the cap room to acquire Wade & James. RT @difdif68: who was the MLE spent on?

I just really wish the OP was here in time to accept the bet. No chance he accepts now, though, so I guess it's expired.

JordanPippen
07-10-2010, 01:11 AM

STOP DISCOUNTING PAT.

stop being so insecure

omdigga
07-10-2010, 01:44 AM
wow... close this thread...

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 01:51 AM

Arrogant SOB...

Its pretty funny when you say WE are baiting when 90% of PSD is utterly bashing the **** out the Heat. The only reason why this isnt worse is because most of us Heat fans decided to stay in our on forum and 1) not talk **** to all of you and be arrogant and 2) not get hated on profusely.

heatfan03
07-10-2010, 01:55 AM
All I can say is the bandwagon Heat fans are going to be arrogant.

The Laker fans are going to trash talk.

The real Heat fans are too happy to care about the haters because we went through a lot to get here.

And everyone else is going to hate Miami.

nice post
:clap:

mamba24
07-10-2010, 02:06 AM

haha i want to see haslem guard brook lopez, bynum, amare... please... on paper it is a great team... thats why the game is played tho. ask gary payton, karl malone, shaq, and kobe...........................

Gambeezy
07-10-2010, 02:09 AM

So bitter. Who was talking to you, friend?

gunsandtallica
07-10-2010, 02:13 AM
you dumbass heat fans forgot to mention they gave up four first round picks and two second rounders.

gunsandtallica
07-10-2010, 02:15 AM
who wants to take a bet they find lebron in bed with a south beach tranny prositute with coke up his *** within the year. miami flamers. unlike everyone else who hates on here i actually LIVE in miami. and any true miami native stays away from south beach cuz all u find there are homos. its fitting i suppose.

Derick713
07-10-2010, 02:16 AM
PG-Dwyane Wade/Eddie House/Mario Chalmers/
SG-Mike Miller/Raja Bell/
SF-LeBron James/Quentin Richardson/Da'Sean Butler/
PF-Chris Bosh/Udonis Haslem/Jarvis Varnado/
SC-Shaquille O'Neal/Joel Anthony/Dexter Pittman/

Gambeezy
07-10-2010, 02:17 AM
you dumbass heat fans forgot to mention they gave up four first round picks and two second rounders.

New Guy, read the Forum Rules before posting please. And if you had a Prime All-star core, I don't think you would mind giving up a handful of draft picks either. Do you realize how young the Heat currently are?

Gambeezy
07-10-2010, 02:21 AM
who wants to take a bet they find lebron in bed with a south beach tranny prositute with coke up his *** within the year. miami flamers. unlike everyone else who hates on here i actually LIVE in miami. and any true miami native stays away from south beach cuz all u find there are homos. its fitting i suppose.

My God man, anger management? Actually I work in downtown Miami and am a native who goes to the beach all of the time. It's pretty amazing. Can't recall seeing waves of gays, but then again I'm not a dim homophobe like you. Seriously, you're missing out. Might want to consider giving the Beach a chance.

gunsandtallica
07-10-2010, 02:22 AM
i do. as much as i realize those divas are gonna lay nice for a cpl years, win a crap load of games. cuz they are no doubt. but its will end ugly!!!! guarantee. way too many egos. the second they lose a playoff series or one starts to outshine the others their gonna end up hating each other. the honeymoon period always fades

gunsandtallica
07-10-2010, 02:24 AM
dude u work in downtown and hang out at south beach and never noticed the gays? lmfao. wow dude. wow man. just wow

The Dream
07-10-2010, 02:25 AM
I've never seen so many heat fans before lmfao . now they're talking as if they know basketball

Gambeezy
07-10-2010, 02:28 AM
:laugh2: it's not like I'm running around Club Twist or something. There's a gay guy at my job that said there are only 4 clubs/bars in Miami Beach. There are hundreds of clubs/bars. What are the odds of even running into one. There's way too many fine girls at the clubs to pass up. I'm 25 and with a decent job, and when you have a girl call you and say get 3 of your boys and ride to a club and meet me and my girls, that's hard to pass up.

Gambeezy
07-10-2010, 02:29 AM
I've never seen so many heat fans before lmfao . now they're talking as if they know basketball

Yeah trust me, the bandwagoners are coming out of the wood works. Some of them probably don't even know we had a 15 win season. ;)

gunsandtallica
07-10-2010, 02:30 AM
dude just admit it. you take it in the cornhole. its ok man. no ones judging you.

gunsandtallica
07-10-2010, 02:31 AM
notice you know what club twist is. lmao. its ok man, daddys got you

The Dream
07-10-2010, 02:33 AM
all of the heat fans with the "you mad" sigs ... it's pretty classless to me to be honest

hestar
07-10-2010, 02:39 AM
all of the heat fans with the "you mad" sigs ... it's pretty classless to me to be honest
.....you mad..

Knicks21
07-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Um you dont have a MLE, thts wat getting rid of Beasly was for to sign mike miller

justinnum1
07-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Everyone is underestimating what kind of bench pat can put together.
this is what it will look like
williams
bell
miller
haslem
magloire

Wade_County
07-10-2010, 02:58 AM
just bring back UD hes been through the bad years with us

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 03:01 AM

Not really, you're just noticing them a lot more now ;)

In fact, theres actually a lot less of the "real fan" posting in the NBA forum.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 03:10 AM

Classless.... the entire PSD complete forgot about that word the second we got Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. Gimme a ****in break man, there is no such thing as class right now in PSD. When the 25 threads about Miami being hated on and disrespected end (if it ever does) ill take off the sig. There isnt much any of us Heat fans can say when theres an angry mob of thousands of people praying for your team to get injured or lose every single day.

jackdawson
07-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Keep hating guys! It's a fantastic feeling to be honest!! You guys have all the rights to go nut and show mental retardedness. I AM TRULY ENJOYING IT ;)

Lu's Dynasty
07-10-2010, 03:12 AM

Wow. Twenty people all being banned at once. Has that ever happened? My bad. I mean there have to be some new "fans" or fans of the Heat from way back in the day like a few years into the Zo era who kind of came back to rooting for them when Shaq and Wade won it all down there.

Cbast09
07-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Notice how all these fans joined before July. So the only the losers here are the haters that are wishing injury to players.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-10-2010, 03:15 AM
im sorry thats a good move, y'all will hate NO MATTER WHAT!!!

oakland21
07-10-2010, 03:18 AM
Keep hating guys! It's a fantastic feeling to be honest!! You guys have all the rights to go nut and show mental retardedness. I AM TRULY ENJOYING IT ;)

Completely agree

justinnum1
07-10-2010, 03:22 AM
Let the haters hate, they will have there turn to watch miami destroy their team

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 03:22 AM

They kinda make sense though. EVERYONE is so freaking mad about this including you since i saw you calling the Heat the "cheats" in another thread. Its rather hilarious to be honest. The heats payroll will still be 20 million less than the lakers after signing all these people. Listening to all the haters chime in because they didnt get these players is pretty classless to be honest

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 03:24 AM
Let the haters hate, they will have there turn to watch miami destroy their team

amen! let em hate, this is so much more enjoyable than listening to these same fans talk smack about how ****** our team has been over the last few years. it's our turn boys.

greek miami hea
07-10-2010, 03:25 AM
i love you pat!hehe

bholly
07-10-2010, 03:34 AM
They kinda make sense though. EVERYONE is so freaking mad about this including you since i saw you calling the Heat the "cheats" in another thread. Its rather hilarious to be honest. The heats payroll will still be 20 million less than the lakers after signing all these people. Listening to all the haters chime in because they didnt get these players is pretty classless to be honest

I totally agree that people have been hating, but you haven't been perfect either. I haven't been hating at all, I even congratulated the Heat in their own forum, but in this very thread I was just trying to get the facts right and you still facepalmed me for suggesting the OP was wrong - even though I ended up being right. The OP was clearly basing his thoughts on being a Miami fan, rather than on legit sources or facts (other Miami fans even admitted he was wrong) and you still supported him without any basis for it other than you're a Miami fan too and wanted it to be true. So don't act like you're not getting in on acting off as well.

BayHuStLE
07-10-2010, 05:38 AM
wow pat riley is the man, can we trade larry riley for pat????? Please

seriously the man is a genius

edit: I JUST saw shizle's sig, ROFL

AI4MVP
07-10-2010, 05:41 AM
im exciting to see this team play. i love how much people are hating on them and lebron. callinghim a title chaser. saying its wades team before the team has even played with eachother. why does it have to be one persons team always? its a team sport! the point is to try to win a championship.

PHX2daDEATH
07-10-2010, 06:09 AM
create a thread when you sign Derek Fisher, thanks

Wizard of O's
07-10-2010, 06:47 AM

seriously doubt haslem takes less money to come off the bench when he could be starting at alot of places

SugeKnight
07-10-2010, 06:59 AM

you are the first heat fan i hate. I like the heats team, but youre bragging as if pat riley is your husband. you are a fan of a very good team; please be graceful about it

jackdawson
07-10-2010, 07:29 AM
skimmed through the thread and feel like :dance:

Keep the hate going on boys ;)

D1JM
07-10-2010, 07:34 AM
So the 15 heat fans on psd think they r gods now?

MickeyMgl
07-10-2010, 07:38 AM

Gee, ya think?

Mochalman
pat riley can give me an exception and by exception i mean bj.

SugeKnight
So the 15 heat fans on psd think they r gods now?

as a heat fan will say in a few minutes "KEEP HATING! LOL U MAD? LMAO"

laker fans weren't even this annoying after they won back to back championships. my respect for laker fans goes up crazy high after reading what im reading

D1JM
07-10-2010, 07:41 AM

STOP DISCOUNTING PAT.

exceptions? Some heat fans should read how the cap works and not look stupid doing a thread on them retaining exceptions.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I totally agree that people have been hating, but you haven't been perfect either. I haven't been hating at all, I even congratulated the Heat in their own forum, but in this very thread I was just trying to get the facts right and you still facepalmed me for suggesting the OP was wrong - even though I ended up being right. The OP was clearly basing his thoughts on being a Miami fan, rather than on legit sources or facts (other Miami fans even admitted he was wrong) and you still supported him without any basis for it other than you're a Miami fan too and wanted it to be true. So don't act like you're not getting in on acting off as well.

whoa, listen to you. that facepalm was directed at your whole message in general. You were a little agressive if you ask me. You wanted to bet the guy and if he lost he would never post in this forum again. a little much hence the facepalm. your message came off as if you were a little bent out of shape. If the OP was wrong he was wrong.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 12:30 PM
as a heat fan will say in a few minutes "KEEP HATING! LOL U MAD? LMAO"

laker fans weren't even this annoying after they won back to back championships. my respect for laker fans goes up crazy high after reading what im reading

dam right. because thats all you guys do since this all came down. Yeah, we're all bandwagoners of a team that lost in the first round the last 2 years. Once the hate stops we'll stop talking about it but that isnt likely to happen since we signed them for 6 years. We'll have to get used to it.

kriviant
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Half of this board deserves the **** talking that HEAT fans are doing after the non-stop barrage of **** we had to read in our boards from other teams' fans (mostly Bulls) about "D-Wade is leaving for sure," "Who wants to play in Miami that place sucks," etc etc.

fins08
07-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't get all the we have a small forum jokes. We always were in the top 10 in the NBA in terms of posts and such. Does it matter how many PSD fans we have, jeez? People hate on Haslem and Q-Rich, who are good bench players and can start on a few teams. Mike Miller is good, plus we have money to go after guys like big Z, Fisher, and others, plus we have rookies who have a chance at panning out into decent role players. The one problem was we had nobody with em, now have a damn good shot, now what's the problem?

C_Mund
07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Let them hate, i guess this is what it's like to have everyone hate your team. Feels kinda good doesnt it. hahahahaha

It only feels good when you're winning.
Signed, Raps fans

Wade3Bosh1LBJ6
07-10-2010, 01:45 PM
let them all hate ..... Miami loves u all cause we know u gonna watch us all the time hehehe

JNA17
07-10-2010, 01:47 PM
ummmmm OP. I hate to be the buzz kill but this is not sim leagues. Teams that started the off-season under the cap do NOT get MLEs, LLEs, etc.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2010, 01:50 PM
The CHeat!!! Yeah!!!

Sparticus
07-10-2010, 01:53 PM
If u go over the cap re-signing your own players you do get the MLE. Which will happen once Wade, and Haslem are re-signed after the S&T's are completed with Cle and Toronto.

Wade3Bosh1LBJ6
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
keep thinking they got no more money were shocking u everyday :)

h2r09
07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
The CHeat!!! Yeah!!!

how did we cvheat at all. its one thing to hate on a team because your run of championships will be over in less than a year either by the heat of the thunder, but at least have some sort of argument rather than making something up.

Wade3Bosh1LBJ6
07-10-2010, 02:04 PM
LA Raiders u acting like a kid getting distroyed in a video game telling yor mom your older brother is cheating .... ur pathetic

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Cmon Heat fans, could you please stop making us look like arrogant pricks? I actually thought we were doing pretty good after a while, but this thread i just beaming with arrogance. Go to the Heat forum and talk there if you want, idk why anyone would want to come here as a Heat fan.

Hopefully the Hate levels out because if its gonna be like this forever then theres no points in being in the NBA forum.

Reversed86Curse
07-10-2010, 02:14 PM

STOP DISCOUNTING PAT.

You should personally thank David Stern, he gift wrapped this entire thing by expanding the Cap the day before Lebron was to decide. It's really too bad, I used to respect the Heat but now they're just a 3-ringed circus....

miamiflorida
07-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Im not sure why is everyone so mad... And all this talk of not winning a championship. D Wade is the 3rd best player on earth, Bron is 2nd. How do we not win? We need good bench players like nate robinson? big baby davis? tony allen? Brian scalabrine? Marquis daniels? STFU. They won with those scrubs. ..... kevin garnett said it best "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE"

h2r09
07-10-2010, 02:17 PM
You should personally thank David Stern, he gift wrapped this entire thing by expanding the Cap the day before Lebron was to decide. It's really too bad, I used to respect the Heat but now they're just a 3-ringed circus....

another person who is hating for the sake of hating. seriously, this is getting ridiculous. first off they would have figured out a way to do this any way if they really wanted to as much as they say they did, and 2, there is no 1 person who decides what the cap is. it is based on some sort of monetary based thing within the league. nobody makes up a random number and says this is the cap.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 02:24 PM
It only feels good when you're winning.
Signed, Raps fans

how would a raptors fan know what it feels like to win?

Signed, Heat fan

Heater4life
07-10-2010, 02:29 PM

how do you build up shooting 48% three point shooting for the wizards last year, and a career + 40% average from behind the arc???

Kdirt
07-10-2010, 02:30 PM
pretty huge

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Im not sure why is everyone so mad... And all this talk of not winning a championship. D Wade is the 3rd best player on earth, Bron is 2nd. How do we not win? We need good bench players like nate robinson? big baby davis? tony allen? Brian scalabrine? Marquis daniels? STFU. They won with those scrubs. ..... kevin garnett said it best "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE"

Shaq and Kobe were #1 and #2 - a DET team w/out a star beat them. And not one of those guys was in our playoff rotation when we won it all. We had House and Posey knocking down clutch shot after clutch shot. BOS's role players were amazing that year in the playoffs:

Sam Cassel won us game 1 vs. CLE.
Leon "Pow" vs LA in game 2.
House and Posey playing w/ the Big 3 in a small lineup, leading to our Finals Game 4 comeback.
P.J. Brown's dagger vs CLE in game 7.
Rondo being the best player on the floor in Finals Game 6.

If MIA is lucky enough to have guys step up like that, they will beast on the league. That's assuming LBJ shows up and Bosh stops acting like someone destined to fail. I know Wade will be ready - the other 2, meh.

Heater4life
07-10-2010, 02:32 PM

the players signed at a discount in order to allow more room to sign a bench not because it wasnt possible to sign at the max. All three coulve signed at max money with the projected 56.1M cap that was in place.

What i can thank Stern for is freeing up 2M to make us a deeper team. but beyond that your stetement is inaccurate.

Heater4life
07-10-2010, 02:39 PM
pat riley can give me an exception and by exception i mean bj.

Dude by far, best sig ever!!!! that was hilarous!!!!

Bring The Heat
07-10-2010, 02:39 PM

You must be smoking something... Did you not see what wade avg against the celtics during the playoffs? And did you not see what he did Game 5 dropping 46 and owning the ENTIRE celtics team by himself... Possibly the best performance of the 2010 playoffs... BTW he was being doubled and tripled team almost the entire game still being able to do that...

And now that he has Bosh and Lebron are surrounding him you think that they will double or triple team him again? Nope they will have to play him straight up and you know D-Wade is better than anyone at getting past his defender and slashing to the hoop.. Easy bucket for James or Bosh if anyone comes to help.

Malz28
07-10-2010, 02:40 PM
The Heat front office has done a hell of job this offseason, BUT you guys act like you've already won a chip or something. You have one Chip in your franchise's history and ALOT of o.k or losing seasons. Can you honestly tell me that Miami is a basketball city? You have a lot of fair weather fans who only say ******* when things are going good. You're still not better than the Lakers and Oklahoma City might even be a better TEAM than Miami. Untill they Big 3 gets on the court and start winning some games, you guys need to chill the ******* out! It's fine to be excited, but damn, win a Chip first then talk.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Has a team ever had a pep rally BEFORE a title? Excluding the Heat yeasterday, of course.

Bring The Heat
07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm not here saying we are going to win it all yet because obviously they need to play together but I know these guys are going to make it work because they know its either that or big fail... How can people not think these guys will figure it out they came together for a reason because they knew they had to sacrifice otherwise this wouldn't have happened...

But come on people here acting jealous and stupid as if this team doesn't click the way its supposed to we aren't going to take care of business... And some people even saying the rockets are going to be better lol...

Heater4life
07-10-2010, 02:57 PM
The Heat front office has done a hell of job this offseason, BUT you guys act like you've already won a chip or something. You have one Chip in your franchise's history and ALOT of o.k or losing seasons. Can you honestly tell me that Miami is a basketball city? You have a lot of fair weather fans who only say ******* when things are going good. You're still not better than the Lakers and Oklahoma City might even be a better TEAM than Miami. Untill they Big 3 gets on the court and start winning some games, you guys need to chill the ******* out! It's fine to be excited, but damn, win a Chip first then talk.

First and foremost, i agree that some Heat fans are extreamely arrogant at this point (mostly bandwagon fans, i havent seen these guys in the forums at all prior to the signings), which i do not agree with. In part because this is the day after our Summer of 2010 party at the arena, which as a Heat fan, was huge! one thing is to see it on espn and another is to be there. So emotions naturally are very high.

The other reason some Heat are acting like douches, is well because they received that treatment from most fans both prior and post signing. You have no idea how many fans came trolling, posting threads saying signing the three is impossible, Wades leaving, rileys washed up. It wears on you, not to mention the media discredited Miami up until these players signed. It was all about Chicago and New York everywhere. look at Espn analyst's predictions, one had Chris bosh coming and thats it nothing else. Even after the signings you as fans feed to the ESPN b.s, well now there not deep enough. Point out one positive thing espn has said about the Heat??? none. i think legler said they can make it work. thats it.

Lastly, now as a Heat fan i cant post a single idea without getting hated on. As if my idea is biased and has no basis because i like the Heat. Its not my fault they signed, im just cheering them on.

Im not looking for praise, just dont discredit my arguments based on envy. Ill post facts and expect rebuttles to be the same.

Bring The Heat
07-10-2010, 03:00 PM
First and foremost, i agree that some Heat fans are extreamely arrogant at this point (mostly bandwagon fans, i havent seen these guys in the forums at all prior to the signings), which i do not agree with. In part because this is the day after our Summer of 2010 party at the arena, which as a Heat fan, was huge! one thing is to see it on espn and another is to be there. So emotions naturally are very high.

The other reason some Heat are acting like douches, is well because they received that treatment from most fans both prior and post signing. You have no idea how many fans came trolling, posting threads saying signing the three is impossible, Wades leaving, rileys washed up. It wears on you, not to mention the media discredited Miami up until these players signed. It was all about Chicago and New York everywhere. look at Espn analyst's predictions, one had Chris bosh coming and thats it nothing else. Even after the signings you as fans feed to the ESPN b.s, well now there not deep enough. Point out one positive thing espn has said about the Heat??? none. i think legler said they can make it work. thats it.

Lastly, now as a Heat fan i can post a single idea without getting hated on. As if my idea is biased and has no basis because i like the Heat. Its not my fault they signed, im just cheering them on.

Im not looking for praise, just dont discount my arguments based on envy.

Good post

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Has a team ever had a pep rally BEFORE a title? Excluding the Heat yeasterday, of course.

Um its a welcoming party my man. Im sure your Celtics had the same thing when they came.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Um its a welcoming party my man. Im sure your Celtics had the same thing when they came.

No. They had a press conference. That's what normal teams do when they add players. At least people w/ respect for the game of basketball. The BOS Big 3 wouldn't even refer to themselves as that. It was the marketing people that announced them as such. The legends of the game are probably turning over in their graves between this ridiculous "Decision" special and the pep rally BEFORE a title. It's a disgrace to to the history of the game.

NY-SportsFan
07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Amazing how the original poster never responded once he was proven wrong. I love arrogant cocky people who throw something in your face until they realize they are wrong and then hide.

Oh, more evidence...

"Once Miller is on board the team would have just $4 million remaining to spend on free agents. It is possible Riley will try to use this money to persuade forward Udonis Haslem to return to the team. Since the Heat are without their own midlevel and biannual exceptions (sacrificed as part of the process to create cap room), the team would then be limited to offering players only minimum-salary contracts."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=coon_larry&page=heatbuildingtime-100709

h2r09
07-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Amazing how the original poster never responded once he was proven wrong. I love arrogant cocky people who throw something in your face until they realize they are wrong and then hide.

Oh, more evidence...

"Once Miller is on board the team would have just $4 million remaining to spend on free agents. It is possible Riley will try to use this money to persuade forward Udonis Haslem to return to the team. Since the Heat are without their own midlevel and biannual exceptions (sacrificed as part of the process to create cap room), the team would then be limited to offering players only minimum-salary contracts."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=coon_larry&page=heatbuildingtime-100709

ive already said i was wrong. not sure how that makes me arrogant and cocky. we are still getting udonis back and maybe q-rich to knock down 3's all day.

NY-SportsFan
07-10-2010, 03:17 PM
You and a few others are all over the forum bragging and calling people haters(its such an ignorant term) making the decent Heat fans on this site(yes there are some even though it doesnt seem like it right now), look bad.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 03:19 PM
No. They had a press conference. That's what normal teams do when they add players. At least people w/ respect for the game of basketball. The BOS Big 3 wouldn't even refer to themselves as that. It was the marketing people that announced them as such. The legends of the game are probably turning over in their graves between this ridiculous "Decision" special and the pep rally BEFORE a title. It's a disgrace to to the history of the game.

This is the biggest thing that has ever happened in Miami and arguably the NBA. Obviously they are gonna have a party to celebrate such an accomplishment. I dont see whats so wrong to tell your fans to come in and celebrate the fact we got three stars on this team. Idk how something so simple and meaningless to others outside of Miami cares about this so much. Gimme a ****ing break with that BS of being a disgrace to the history of basketball.

Miami has always had welcoming parties, we had it when Shaq came. But of course, no body on here didnt say its a disgrace because it isnt Lebron, Bosh, and Wade.

Malz28
07-10-2010, 03:21 PM

Lastly, now as a Heat fan i cant post a single idea without getting hated on. As if my idea is biased and has no basis because i like the Heat. Its not my fault they signed, im just cheering them on.

Im not looking for praise, just dont discredit my arguments based on envy. Ill post facts and expect rebuttles to be the same.

I was talking about Heat fans in general. Wasn't trying to single you out by any means, but go in to other forums and see what other Heat fans have to say. I think Pat Riley did the best job anyone has ever done putting these three together. No matter what you say, Miami will always be a football city. Yes, their are fair weather fans there as well. Do you mean to tell me when Glen Rice and Tim Hardaway played there were sell outs every night? Please!! So now that you keep Wade and sign Bosh and Lebron everybody jumps out of the wood work and wants season tickets. FAIR WEATHER FANS!!!

king4day
07-10-2010, 03:28 PM
For all the hating in this thread, here's a prime example of why people hate this...
During the celebration last night the host announced Wade, Bosh, and Lebron. Then he said, "ladies and Gentlemen....YOU'RE MIAMI HEAT!!!".

That's all it will ever be about. No respect to whomever else they get. The greed got the best of them.

TheWrightStuff5
07-10-2010, 03:28 PM

Please, if LeBron signed with the Knicks he'd have a street named after him already and a key to the city.

arkanian215
07-10-2010, 03:29 PM
FORTH:

Bird Rights do NOT apply to Quinton Richardson. A player MUST have played 3 seasons for the team before they qualify for Bird Rights. Q has not done so, and CAN NOT BE RESIGNED WITH BIRD RIGHTS!!!

Hasslem could be and so could Dorrell Wright.

May I suggest a little research before some of you just start typing flat out incorrect tuff...

To qualify as a Bird free agent, a player must have played three seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent. This means a player can obtain "Bird rights" by playing under three one-year contracts, a single contract of at least three years, or any combination thereof. It also means that when a player is traded, his Bird rights are traded with him, and his new team can use the Bird exception to re-sign him. Bird-exception contracts can be up to six years in length.

He signed in 04 with the Suns then got traded to the Knicks, then to the Grizzlies, then to the Clippers, then to the Wolves, then to the Heat. Unless they renounced his bird rights, the Heat have bird rights to him.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 03:32 PM
This is the biggest thing that has ever happened in Miami and arguably the NBA. Obviously they are gonna have a party to celebrate such an accomplishment. I dont see whats so wrong to tell your fans to come in and celebrate the fact we got three stars on this team. Idk how something so simple and meaningless to others outside of Miami cares about this so much. Gimme a ****ing break with that BS of being a disgrace to the history of basketball.

Miami has always had welcoming parties, we had it when Shaq came. But of course, no body on here didnt say its a disgrace because it isnt Lebron, Bosh, and Wade.

Because they have not accomplished **** yet. Parades/pep rallies are for AFTER titles, not before. Ask any legend of the game - I bet they all want MIA to be embarrased for this reason. I have never seen such a disgraceful display of cockiness, arrogance, and overconfidence.

And Shaq is my favorite player. He's like a big teddy bear. Who can hate on him? He is one of the few guys that could do anything and I'd be cool with it. But he probably is bad guy for the history of the NBA - at least in the minds of those with a true respect for professionalism.

Wade is a fierce competitor. He's a diva, but so are a lot of players. I view him like I view Pierce - they both like the spot light and act "diva-ish," but at the end of the day, I want the on my team in cruch time. (And Wade>Pierce - I'm talking mentality/clutchness, not overall talent/skill.) Bosh is a player I dislike - he thinks he's better than he is. Moreso than hate w/ him, I just think he's overated. And Lebron is the biggest douche in sports. Always hated him, and always will. He could have signed in Europe and I would still hate him.

I don't even hate the Heat. I just want to see them fall. I view it as a challenge to the rest of the league. If you told me my Celts had a 90% chance of beating PHX in the Finals and a 50% chance of beating LA, I would have said bring on LA. Unlike Lebron, I like challenges.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Please, if LeBron signed with the Knicks he'd have a street named after him already and a key to the city.

And that would be just as dumb...

h2r09
07-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Because they have not accomplished **** yet. Parades/pep rallies are for AFTER titles, not before. Ask any legend of the game - I bet they all want MIA to be embarrased for this reason. I have never seen such a disgraceful display of cockiness, arrogance, and overconfidence.

And Shaq is my favorite player. He's like a big teddy bear. Who can hate on him? He is one of the few guys that could do anything and I'd be cool with it. But he probably is bad guy for the history of the NBA - at least in the minds of those with a true respect for professionalism.

Wade is a fierce competitor. He's a diva, but so are a lot of players. I view him like I view Pierce - they both like the spot light and act "diva-ish," but at the end of the day, I want the on my team in cruch time. (And Wade>Pierce - I'm talking mentality/clutchness, not overall talent/skill.) Bosh is a player I dislike - he thinks he's better than he is. Moreso than hate w/ him, I just think he's overated. And Lebron is the biggest douche in sports. Always hated him, and always will. He could have signed in Europe and I would still hate him.

I don't even hate the Heat. I just want to see them fall. I view it as a challenge to the rest of the league. If you told me my Celts had a 90% chance of beating PHX in the Finals and a 50% chance of beating LA, I would have said bring on LA. Unlike Lebron, I like challenges.

It is because you are not down here and do not see the excitement for this tem that is going on down here. it is the biggest story in south florida sports history. this team might have just had the best offseason in any americans sport history. We just sold out the arena for that thing last night with like 3-4 hours of notice. this town is abuzz with this crap. that iswhy we did it. we were introducing them to the fans in front of the fans and not just in a press conference in the media.

Ethix11
07-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Heat fans have been rediculed for years for gutting their team so that they could do this. So if we feel like throwing it back as some peoples faces then so be it because we took on alot of unwarranted critizism in the past. When we said this could happen we were called stupid. Now that it happened, its easier to say we are going to win a championship. But as always, we have reason for the confidence, thats because Pat had a plan in place to get his starter from last season become the bench for this season and we took Boston to 7 games last year with that bench team as starters.

TheWrightStuff5
07-10-2010, 03:38 PM
And that would be just as dumb...

I'm just illustrating that it could be worse. So what if they threw a party for them?

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Im sorry but signing LBJ, Bosh, and Wade is an accomplishment and it deserves to be recognized. It is an exciting moment here in Miami and this party was needed for the organization and the city itself.

Its just a WELCOMING party, we arent celebrating a victory like you keep saying.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 03:39 PM
It is because you are not down here and do not see the excitement for this tem that is going on down here. it is the biggest story in south florida sports history. this team might have just had the best offseason in any americans sport history. We just sold out the arena for that thing last night with like 3-4 hours of notice. this town is abuzz with this crap. that iswhy we did it. we were introducing them to the fans in front of the fans and not just in a press conference in the media.

You don't think we were excited in BOS when KG and Ray came. But we chose to honor the tradition of sports - celbrate after you do something, not before. I respect the guys in MIA for sacraficing personal goals for potential titles. But I will never forget the idiocy of the way they have propped it up. The TV special and the pep rally are a discgrace.

Hint Of Sarcasm
07-10-2010, 03:40 PM

You mean like LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all got keys??

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 03:43 PM
You don't think we were excited in BOS when KG and Ray came. But we chose to honor the tradition of sports - celbrate after you do something, not before. I respect the guys in MIA for sacraficing personal goals for potential titles. But I will never forget the idiocy of the way they have propped it up. The TV special and the pep rally are a discgrace.

Wow you sound like your 90 years old. If your getting getting mad at the fact he had a WELCOMING party for MIAMI FANS then you need to find a new hobby. When i was at the party i was not thinking about"the history of the game" at any point and im sure no one else in Miami was either. They were INTRODUCING THEM TO THE FANS! Whats wrong with that?!

h2r09
07-10-2010, 03:43 PM

vcongrats, noboy cares what people from boston think about our pep rally. fact is people are going crazy for this team and it is the talk of the town and the season doesnt start for the next 3 months.

Fact is this pep rally has this town on fire and from what people have said the atmosphere in the building was ridiculous. this wasnt meant to be celebrating anything besides getting these players and to introduce them to the fans. there is nothing wrong with that. just because you are taking it as if they were celebrating something doesnt mean they were.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 03:45 PM
You are seriously blowing this completely out of proportion. It went from a supposed introduction to the fans to celebrating a championship that we dont have.

TheWrightStuff5
07-10-2010, 03:53 PM
You are seriously blowing this completely out of proportion. It went from a supposed introduction to the fans to celebrating a championship that we dont have.

Exactly. If they had LeBron on video sneezing and a kid gave him a tissue, someone would be on here starting a thread saying that LeBron sneezed, walked up to a kid, punched him in the face and said, "That's for Kobe". and spit on him as he walked away.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 03:54 PM
There's a reason why BOS has 17 and LA has 16 and MIA will never approach either team...

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Exactly. If they had LeBron on video sneezing and a kid gave him a tissue, someone would be on here starting a thread saying that LeBron sneezed, walked up to a kid, punched him in the face and said, "That's for Kobe". and spit on him as he walked away.

:laugh2:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 03:58 PM
There's a reason why BOS has 17 and LA has 16 and MIA will never approach either team...

Yea and that reason is the Celtics and the Lakers have been in the NBA for 42 more years...

metsbulls1025
07-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Lets congratulate the Heat for doing something that was planned years in advanced by players that are best friends. All Riley had to do was not sign anyone past this year and trade off pieces for garbage. Stop acting like he convinced these three to play in Miami and had to make all these trades and moves to make it happen.

TheWrightStuff5
07-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Lets congratulate the Heat for doing something that was planned years in advanced by players that are best friends. All Riley had to do was not sign anyone past this year and trade off pieces for garbage. Stop acting like he convinced these three to play in Miami and had to make all these trades and moves to make it happen.

But he did have to make moves to make this happen. Why do you think he traded for Q-Rich and O'Neal? He set it up just like everyone else. You make it sound like this all fell into Riley's lap. Anything for a bitter fan of another team to try and bash the Heat organization.

shizzle09
07-10-2010, 04:07 PM

hilarious, the lakers can talk you my friend cannot. Fact of the matter is since the Heat have been around the celts have one title as have the Heat. Keep living in the past because it's exactly that. the past. Celts have one year left in them before they fade like the pistons did recently.

Jenceman
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Yea and that reason is the Celtics and the Lakers have been in the NBA for 42 more years...

The Lakers have 5 Championships since 99, and had 5 in the 80s. Try again.

Jay16
07-10-2010, 04:14 PM

Chemistry?
Like Boston didn't have chemistry when they won it the first year they played together right ? Like a lifelong malcontent like Ron Artest messed up the Lakers chemistry right? Dude please, chemistry is a subject in high school... nothing more. Besides, they played together in the olympics which is more than I can say for the BOS 3 and Artest going to the Lakers and that still didn't affect them.

....chemistry, try again

Jay16
07-10-2010, 04:15 PM

right, cause we are basing this teams chances on Haslem and Wright, forget the fact that we have Wade , Bosh and LeBron.

It's the Haslem and Wright show on south beach.

Nah, try again

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM

They still have been in the league three times longer than us so it doesnt matter.

TheWrightStuff5
07-10-2010, 04:37 PM

Once again... you guys were around 42 years... The Heat came into existence at a rough time, in 88. Basketball towns were entrenched. You had LA, Detroit, and Boston... then came the 90's when you had Chicago and New York. It was virtually impossible to lure big ticket names to come sign long term contracts. Outside of Glen Rice and Steve Smith, the organization made a ton of boneheaded decisions when it came to drafting and the handling of picks until Pat Riley came here. Hell, even after he did, he had to make deals that included sending established players Rice and Geiger for younger players (Zo) that ended up working out... I honestly think that the 1st "big" free agent the Heat were able to sign in their history was Lamar Odom, the same season they drafted Wade. That is when this organization finally was able to turn the corner and build on their successes they had in the late 90's so yeah you've won 5 titles since the Heat have been in existence but it wasn't easy for a franchise, that almost moved 15 years ago, to build itself up in the time that it did.

By the way, this isn't someone who has been a Heat fan for 2 days or 2 years. I jumped ship from the Knicks in the same year Riley did because my favorite player ever (Zo) and coach both went to Miami that year. It's been frustrating at times but Riley did a great job putting the team in a position to realistically win 4 or 5 titles in the next 6 years.

wewantwade3
07-10-2010, 04:40 PM
its funny how all you guys talk and hate on the Heat and saying we wont beat anyone with this team. Last time i checked this team last year minus lebron and bosh gave the celtics the biggest fight out of any team in the East and would have swept the lakers in the season series if it wasnt for kobe's miracle shot in LA. Now throw in lebron and Bosh and tell me this team wont win. And that guy saying houston would beat this Heat team if i do remember correctly the Heats pronosticated bench this season and wade beat you both times last season thank u

h2r09
07-10-2010, 04:42 PM
And btw to the lakers fan talking about how gasol is better than bosh, you do realize that gasol never came close to putting up bosh's number when he was in memphis, right? bosh outrebounded and outscored him by quite a bit and they were both basically in the same role as the man on a non contender for the most part. and bosh is 4-5 years younger.

the future of the nba is heat-thunder in like 2 years

Jay16
07-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Maradona: Me la chupan , Y me la sigen chupando

Reversed86Curse
07-10-2010, 06:31 PM
the players signed at a discount in order to allow more room to sign a bench not because it wasnt possible to sign at the max. All three coulve signed at max money with the projected 56.1M cap that was in place.

What i can thank Stern for is freeing up 2M to make us a deeper team. but beyond that your stetement is inaccurate.

Wasn't trying to bait, that's what I was getting at- do you think LBJ would have come to Miami if they had absolutely nothing outside of the three of them? You need a bench to win titles

bholly
07-10-2010, 06:51 PM
whoa, listen to you. that facepalm was directed at your whole message in general. You were a little agressive if you ask me. You wanted to bet the guy and if he lost he would never post in this forum again. a little much hence the facepalm. your message came off as if you were a little bent out of shape. If the OP was wrong he was wrong.

Haha. If that's what you want to tell yourself to make you feel better about the way you were acting then that's fine. But if you look back you'll see the facepalm was directed at my first post, which was about facts and asking for sources.