PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone so bitter?

erik7
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM
I will start off by saying this:

The ONE AND ONLY thing I think Lebron screwed up on was trying to be in the spotlight just to do the state of Ohio dirty. I think he only should have done that if he was planning on returning to them. He should not have done his announcement the way he did. The only thing I can think of is that he feels like he missed out on that spotlight in High School because he went straight to the NBA.

However:

How is everyone going to hate on this guy now?

Lets look at the FACTS

With Lebron resigning to Cleveland, they could have been as high as a one seed next year or as low as a 5 seed (Miami, Cleveland, Boston, Magic, Atlanta).

The Cav's put all their eggs in one basket with Lebron as did the Bulls, Heat and Knicks. The Cav's forfeited their future to get a team ready to win last year and maybe compete this coming year, but they didn't even make it to the ECF!!!!

Don't blame LBJ like the owner did because that is just crap! In 7 years, the best the Cav's can do is get Mo Williams and a washed up Shaq? That is MANAGEMENT'S FAULT, NOT LBJ'S!

Let's look at LBJ'S other options because after the Cav's were knocked out in the 2nd round during the year they had the most talent, it was evident that he was gone.

NYK:

LBJ and AMARE is basically all it would be. Is that enough to beat the Magic or Celtics? I don't think so. I also think they would be even with the Heat and Hawks. Definitely worse than the Lakers. That takes them out of the equation.

NJ:

Yes there is potential, but does LBJ want to wait 2-3 years before they are actually contending? NOPE

BULLS:

I honestly thought that would be his choice, but he took experience over youth as all three players now in Miami are in their prime. He would have been a contender from year one, but he either did not want to be in the shadow of Jordan or just wanted to play with his closest friends.

Lets face it, LBJ was screwed no matter what with his decision. If he went to the NYK it was ONLY for the money and he is greedy and not a winner. If he stays in Cleveland, he is a HERO and GOD, but lets be real here; they are going nowhere and are in rebuilding mode in 2-3 years. So when he is 30-31 and is as big of a bust as Beasley is considered right now, is that worth it?

He goes to CHI town and he will never be known to be as good as Jordan....UNLESS he gets 7 titles there (NOT HAPPENING)

So what does he decide to do?

Go to Miami where winning is happening immediately, where he is with his closest friends and where he will be happy. If the CAV'S put together a better team around him, I don't think he would have left (even maybe taking Amare over Twan).

The people in Ohio should be happy for him and should be grateful that he was there for as long as he was. He did so much for the organization, the city and the state. Every only wants to talk about his ego and greed, but I find it very courageous to do what he did and take a giant step to doing what is obviously the most important to him (winning).

I find it hilarious in terms of what hate derives from (jealousy, envy and confusion)

Miami and Lebron may be the most hated player and sports team right now because everyone is scared *****less of the possibilities these three can create being on the same team together. If you are honestly a basketball fan, not only would you know how great they play together, but it will be a privilege (if you enjoy watching basketball) to watch the Miami Heat this year. For the people saying they won't win a title and will only win 55 games are out of their mind. They will have every veteran without a title wanting to join (as the Knicks or Bulls would have to if LBJ and Bosh OR Wade went there). If Wade can lead his team by himself to 47 wins, LBJ can basically by himself can take his team over 60 wins and Bosh almost by himself taking his team to the playoffs, I don't see why these three (playing together, which they do) don't win at least 65 games this year and 70+ the following.

cmellofan15
07-09-2010, 09:03 PM
everyone wants to cry about it because there's this new fad where people hate LeBron.

ccugrad1
07-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I look at it this way: LeBron James was a "Free Agent," a person who in professional sports is "free" to go whereever he or she so chooses! He owes the city of Cleveland absolutely nothing. He decided, based on all the factors, that Miami was the best place for him. How do you fault him for making that choice?

m26555
07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I look at it this way: LeBron James was a "Free Agent," a person who in professional sports is "free" to go whereever he or she so chooses! He owes the city of Cleveland absolutely nothing. He decided, based on all the factors, that Miami was the best place for him. How do you fault him for making that choice?
You're missing the point entirely.

The guy made a PUBLIC SPECTACLE of essentially dissing the entire state of Ohio, where he was born and raised. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him signing with Miami; it's the way he went about it that is making everyone so bitter.

handle
07-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Bitter? Nah. Jealousy? Nah. Envy? Nah. I'm a lifelong Lakers fan, no jealousy here. I think many people are flat out disgusted by the dude's enormous ego - a one hour special, really? Flat out embarrassing. The way he crapped on the city of Cleveand and all Cavs fans on national television showed what a massive douchebag the guy is.

Bottom line was LBJ realized he wasn't capable of being the #1 guy and winning a championship. He has all the skill in the world, but mentally he doesn't have it. He's more cut out to be a #2 option when it really matters. More Pippen and less Jordan.

Giantwarrior
07-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Lebron is a real jerk to do that on Live Television.

Giantwarrior
07-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Were all a little bitter and jealous that the top 3 free agents signed on the same team. what they did was completely in the rules, but morally it seems dirty. it would be interesting to see how they will play together, but i rather watch them compete against each other.

they definitely turned into the enemy overnight.

AI4MVP
07-09-2010, 09:31 PM
becuz everyone likes to hate on greatness. they found the perfect excuse to call lebron not great. calling him saying hes never going to be the man on a championship man.

number one, hes still going to be the man, hes the best player on that team. number two, kobe wasnt the man until much later into his career. he wasnt the man for his first three. shaq was clearly the man. so why the **** r u guys hating.

bron, bosh, wade dont care who gets the legacy and all that crap. who cares what a bunch of fools say on psd

kArSoN RyDaH
07-09-2010, 09:33 PM
i think people dispise him because of the way he handled the situation having a special on espn. cmon now. but other than that i could care less where he want.

Giantwarrior
becuz everyone likes to hate on greatness. they found the perfect excuse to call lebron not great. calling him saying hes never going to be the man on a championship man.

number one, hes still going to be the man, hes the best player on that team. number two, kobe wasnt the man until much later into his career. he wasnt the man for his first three. shaq was clearly the man. so why the **** r u guys hating.

bron, bosh, wade dont care who gets the legacy and all that crap. who cares what a bunch of fools say on psd

dude, shut up...

kArSoN RyDaH
to be honest i hate all of them just as much as i did before...

masalex1205
07-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Why is everyone so bitter? Are you really asking this? Helen Keller is that you?!??!???

Illinirob83
07-09-2010, 09:40 PM
We are disappointed that the top star in the league acted in this egotistical way. he not only embarrassed himself, he embarrassed the game we all love. These past couple of weeks have been shameful for everyone involved. The only thing that looks good in all of this is the Miami Heat organization. LBJ is free to do whatever he wants to do......but that doesn't mean fans can't be disappointed that he wanted to party with his buddies on south beach to join DWADE'S TEAM, in "wade's county".

The NBA is a league that is based on players legacies more than any other sport. No matter what now LBJ can't be at the big boy table in the HOF. It's fine if that is not what he cares about, but as fans we are allowed to be disappointed. Listen to what Chuck Barkley said last night, google what he said. What would he be jealous of? He loves James, yet he was disappointed on how this was handled, for the city of Cleveland, and for the game of basketball in general. The league's "best" player took the easy road in party city USA. I am fine if that is what he wants to do that, but that doesn't mean that fans shouldn't be disappointed on how he handled it and what his decision became to be. He joined Wade's team (a current top 5 player and true alpha dog) and grabbed his coattails to try and win a title that way. It is disappointing that the league's "best" player wanted to do that at age 25.

HeatDynasty346
07-09-2010, 09:46 PM

I disagree that LeBron's the best player on the team. He may put up the best numbers but he's not the best player. The main reason is that D-Wade does it in the clutch and LeBron CHOKES in the clutch. They both get to the basket whenever they want but D-Wade is shorter by 4 or 5 inches. Also, despite the flashy blocks where LeBron comes out of nowhere and pins the ball against the backboard, D-Wade averages more blocks and steals than 'Bron.

A lot of people think, myself included, that for this Trio to reach its full potential, LeBron has to be more of a distributor than a scorer, but still have 20-25 PPG. D-Wade has to be the consistent #1, around 26-30 PPG and he will take most of the last-second shots. Bosh needs to defend the pick and roll, much like KG, score 15-18 PPG, and all the rest of the team needs to do is hold the lead...Or keep it close.

When it's the 4th quarter, this team will be unstoppable.

On topic, Cleveland is a pit. It's a football town to begin with that just so happened to draft the "Chosen One" in 2002. Up until then, that Cavs team was a joke. MJ broke their hearts and they couldn't recover. The fact that the "Chosen One" is from that pit does not mean the "Chosen One" must be limited to that pit. He's a man now. It's time to move out of his "mom's house" so to speak and see what else is out there.

I mean really--if I spent my whole life in the Cleveland area up until high school and then got drafted by the professional team in Cleveland, I might just blow my brains out. No joke, a guy I know has been to the pit 4 or 5 times--and each time he saw a car on fire...That's a little depressing.

RCarlson85
07-09-2010, 09:59 PM

I completely agree with this and not because the Heat are my team. He doesn't owe the Cavs/Cleveland anything. He gave them 7 good years in the prime of his career. He was willing to play for the Cavs even though they were terrible when they picked him. He could have demanded a trade like Kobe did when he was drafted so he could play on a better team.

The fault in this situation lies with the Cavs and their ownership. They didn't put an adequate team around him so they could win a championship. Mo Williams and Jamison are good, but not great. Shaq is washed up. Lebron wanted to stay, but they didn't make enough of an effort to build a better squad. I think Gilbert took for granted the fact that Lebron wouldn't leave.

On the flip side, Lebron was wrong in the way that he announced his decision. I can admit that and I am on the winning side. He didn't need to make it this elaborate. Just make the announcement and have a press conference like everyone else. Even if he didn't do the whole show thing, fans in Cleveland still would have been pissed and hated him for leaving. The Lebron show just made it worse.

j-mart
07-09-2010, 10:10 PM
The way all 3 of them handled themselves showed their maturity levels with LeBron's ESPN special, Bosh's Twittering and all the camera crew B.S.

Bosh being the 3rd banana is also going to see a huge drop in his stats and can say goodbye to any future All-Star consideration (especially behind Garnett and Stoudemire in the East).

unwantedplayer
07-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Bitter? Nah. Jealousy? Nah. Envy? Nah. I'm a lifelong Lakers fan, no jealousy here. I think many people are flat out disgusted by the dude's enormous ego - a one hour special, really? Flat out embarrassing. The way he crapped on the city of Cleveand and all Cavs fans on national television showed what a massive douchebag the guy is.

Bottom line was LBJ realized he wasn't capable of being the #1 guy and winning a championship. He has all the skill in the world, but mentally he doesn't have it. He's more cut out to be a #2 option when it really matters. More Pippen and less Jordan.

Agreed with this man. I mean I really didn't care what team he went to, but it just got annoying with the way the media handled it. The 1 Hour Special was just outrageous and truthfully, its just getting annoying.

97NYer
07-09-2010, 10:15 PM
WHY NOT COME OUT AND SAY THAT HE WAS CHOOSING MIAMI AND HE FELT IT WAS THE BEST PLACE TO WIN YADA YADA YADA. RATHER THAN HAVE A 1 HOUR SPECIAL FOLLOWED BY THE BURNING OF YOUR JERSEY! LeDouche, LeFacepalm, LeDelontedidyourmom....

plpfctn
07-09-2010, 10:16 PM
i'm not bitter. My favorite team the Lakers just won back to back nba championships.

Truheatfan
07-09-2010, 10:19 PM

:clap:

RCarlson85
07-09-2010, 10:24 PM
The way all 3 of them handled themselves showed their maturity levels with LeBron's ESPN special, Bosh's Twittering and all the camera crew B.S.

Bosh being the 3rd banana is also going to see a huge drop in his stats and can say goodbye to any future All-Star consideration (especially behind Garnett and Stoudemire in the East).

This makes no sense to me. How can anyone get mad about this. They all know what they are getting into as far as possibly sacrificing stats and personal recognition (All-star games/MVPs). Other people are mad that they would take less money. They want to win championships and that's why they chose what they did. They realize that they are sacrificing personal stats, recognition, and money for the chance to win championships. How is that wrong? Isn't that the goal in the NBA?

What if Lebron had decided to go to a crappy team with no one on it? What if he just wanted to be able to shoot as much as he wanted and get the scoring title every year? Then people would have said why is he doing this all he cares about is personal stats. Doesn't he want to win championships? He can't win and people will always find something to complain about. The bottom line is that every other team and every other team's fans are jealous and just want to rip these guys for whatever they can. Get over it.

Cromedome
07-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Lebron James is a ****ing *******.

Human FlameShld
07-09-2010, 10:29 PM
everyone wants to cry about it because there's this new fad where people hate LeBron.

I don't generally like using emoticons...I almost never use them, probably less than 1% of posts I'll use them...I can't stand when people use them on there on post especially when they are calling someone arrogant or something to that effect.

But you and this post deserve an emoticon....I have typed and not submitted similar comments quite a few times.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

ElMarroAfamado
07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
did you sign up just because Lebrick went to the Heat?

j-mart
07-09-2010, 10:36 PM
This makes no sense to me. How can anyone get mad about this. They all know what they are getting into as far as possibly sacrificing stats and personal recognition (All-star games/MVPs). Other people are mad that they would take less money. They want to win championships and that's why they chose what they did. They realize that they are sacrificing personal stats, recognition, and money for the chance to win championships. How is that wrong? Isn't that the goal in the NBA?

What if Lebron had decided to go to a crappy team with no one on it? What if he just wanted to be able to shoot as much as he wanted and get the scoring title every year? Then people would have said why is he doing this all he cares about is personal stats. Doesn't he want to win championships? He can't win and people will always find something to complain about. The bottom line is that every other team and every other team's fans are jealous and just want to rip these guys for whatever they can. Get over it.

They're all douches for how they handled themselves regardless of where they signed.

RCarlson85
07-09-2010, 10:42 PM
They're all douches for how they handled themselves regardless of where they signed.

That's not what I said though. I never said they were right in how they handled everything. Things definitely could have been done differently, especially in Lebron's case. People aren't just mad because of how they handled themselves. That is the point I'm making. Everyone is attacking them because they are taking less money or because they won't have as much personal glory. That's not what it should be about. The goal in the NBA is to win championships. That's what they're trying to do.

JackB
07-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Well. He could have stayed in Cleveland and signed a 6 year deal worth 120 million. He is going to Miami for alot less and a better chance to go all the way.
As said before. he was a free agent and was free to sign anywhere. He owes the state of Ohio nothing. Of the teams that courted him I believe this is his best chance to win. The Bulls will be tough with Boozer on board but the Heat should come out of the east.
Question. Was it his idea to have the one hour show to announce? I heard the show was the highest rated show that wasn't game related.

29$JerZ
07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
People are mad at LeBron for eveyrthing he did before the decision.
If he had just say I'm going to Miami when Bosh announced it the day before everyone would be mad but not like now.

You don't turn down other teams because you want your entourage/family to get special perks from the organization that didn't even do that to best player ever (MJ). You don't purposely make the finals/summer all about you to then just play with everyone. It doesn't take an hour special to say a 3 minute explanation. LeBron basically came out as a media whore who wanted his ego stroked a ton.

But what's done is done.

knickerbockerny
07-09-2010, 10:52 PM
"Lebron James will take his talent to South Beach."

People feel a way about him because of statements like this. He is the most narcissistic player in sports. Him, Bosh and Wade knew what they were going to do years ago. He should have told Cleveland he would leave them at the beginning of last season, behind closed doors.

As for you analysis of each team, you overlook the fact that Miami lacks a center and a legit point guard, as well as bench depth. The Heat are at least two seasons away from contending for a title. They are going to need two years of MLE use, to temp free agents. If he went to the Bulls that time frame could have been shorter as well as if he would have came to the Knicks. Because these teams had younger talent which better complimented his abilities.

The heat have absolutely no flexibility now. And with a looming lockout and a new CBA coupled with teams still having cap space and roster spots to fill, vets are going to look for long term lucrative deals this season.

People try and compare this situation to the Celtics situation and try and state that the Celtics built their team with the big three and no bodies, overlook the facts. Rajon Rondo was a mid first rounder with talent entering his second season and Kendrick Perkins was a former late first rounder entering his 4th or 5th season. The big three just filled in nicely.

Miami Heat as of now have a team of Lebron, Bosh, Wade, Miller, Chalmers. Who is still on the market who they can acquire to contain Dwight, Gasol, Amare etc. There best rookie prospect Butler is out until at least January.

So Co Jo
07-09-2010, 10:54 PM

The guy made a PUBLIC SPECTACLE of essentially dissing the entire state of Ohio, where he was born and raised. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him signing with Miami; it's the way he went about it that is making everyone so bitter.

maybe you missed the part about how money was raised for charity by him making a tv show about his decision. if he had told the cavs beforehand, there would've been a leak of information. it's not his fault the knicks, cavs, and whoever else put all there eggs into one basket. he was a free agent and could go where ever he wanted. he brought the cavs to there first finals, he doesnt owe them anything. especially with what went down with his mom. LBJ was the last to find out. why didnt west get traded? when this was going down?

knickerbockerny
07-09-2010, 11:01 PM
maybe you missed the part about how money was raised for charity by him making a tv show about his decision. if he had told the cavs beforehand, there would've been a leak of information. it's not his fault the knicks, cavs, and whoever else put all there eggs into one basket. he was a free agent and could go where ever he wanted. he brought the cavs to there first finals, he doesnt owe them anything. especially with what went down with his mom. LBJ was the last to find out. why didnt west get traded? when this was going down?

None of the teams except for the teams put all their eggs in one basket except for the Cavs (understandable he was their cornerstone), they are made moves, signed players and kept cap friendly.

Lebron James makes millions off of endorsements alone, he could have donated money to the charity or have his marketing team create a better avenue.

spartanbear
07-09-2010, 11:02 PM

This.

erik7
07-10-2010, 10:38 AM
It gave me goosebumps seeing the three of them at the welcome party in AAA last night....it's going to be pretty crazy that first game!

Bryrob58
07-10-2010, 11:01 AM
people are mad at lebron for eveyrthing he did before the decision.
If he had just say i'm going to miami when bosh announced it the day before everyone would be mad but not like now.

You don't turn down other teams because you want your entourage/family to get special perks from the organization that didn't even do that to best player ever (mj). You don't purposely make the finals/summer all about you to then just play with everyone. It doesn't take an hour special to say a 3 minute explanation. Lebron basically came out as a media whore who wanted his ego stroked a ton.

But what's done is done.

+69585.

gunsandtallica
07-10-2010, 11:09 AM
man im gonna just make it clear to all those lebron and miami flamers blind supporters out there so they understand why theres all this hate. ok ofcourse theres jealousy out theres, thats obvious, but thats not the real bballs fan beef here. the REAL beef is not6 that these clowns decided to get together. theyre grown men and they can do whatever the hell they want. its up to lebron if he chooses to be seen as an all time great or not. lets be real here, realistic if u will, he can now go on and win however many championships BUT he always be known for having to go to dwayne wades team to do it. whether u like it or not. no he does NOT owe the cavs or anyone for that matter his own career. its his to do whattever he wants with it. BUT.... its the way they have acted in the process. these guys came out to the in american airlines like their freakin michael jackson or somebody. their so egotistical. theyre so smug. you would swear that they made world peace happen. theyre parading around as if they made the most dangerous team of all time simply by joining up. its as if they said here we are world, youre welcome. puhlease! can u imagine if jordan, pippen and rodman had come out like theyre freakin led zepplin even AFTER they won those 3 titles and set the record for most wins? i thought they were gonna break into a showtunes song and dance at the introduction. thats how ridiculous they looked. and if you cant see how fans and teams alike feel disrespected by these guys then youre just not thinking. if youre a heat fan, ofcourse youre gonna be happy and you should be. but if youre smart you have to be able to see that the way these guys are acting they deserve all the hate their getting. and believe me heat fans you could be wearing a lebron jersey with pants saying i love chris bosh and rocking wade shoes those guys still wouldnt stop to piss on u if u were on fire. sure they want ur adoration but dont give a **** beyond that.

Geargo Wallace
07-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I disagree that LeBron's the best player on the team. He may put up the best numbers but he's not the best player. The main reason is that D-Wade does it in the clutch and LeBron CHOKES in the clutch. They both get to the basket whenever they want but D-Wade is shorter by 4 or 5 inches. Also, despite the flashy blocks where LeBron comes out of nowhere and pins the ball against the backboard, D-Wade averages more blocks and steals than 'Bron.

A lot of people think, myself included, that for this Trio to reach its full potential, LeBron has to be more of a distributor than a scorer, but still have 20-25 PPG. D-Wade has to be the consistent #1, around 26-30 PPG and he will take most of the last-second shots. Bosh needs to defend the pick and roll, much like KG, score 15-18 PPG, and all the rest of the team needs to do is hold the lead...Or keep it close.

When it's the 4th quarter, this team will be unstoppable.

On topic, Cleveland is a pit. It's a football town to begin with that just so happened to draft the "Chosen One" in 2002. Up until then, that Cavs team was a joke. MJ broke their hearts and they couldn't recover. The fact that the "Chosen One" is from that pit does not mean the "Chosen One" must be limited to that pit. He's a man now. It's time to move out of his "mom's house" so to speak and see what else is out there.

I mean really--if I spent my whole life in the Cleveland area up until high school and then got drafted by the professional team in Cleveland, I might just blow my brains out. No joke, a guy I know has been to the pit 4 or 5 times--and each time he saw a car on fire...That's a little depressing.

Wade is not better than LeBron. Its a fact.

erik7
07-10-2010, 11:51 AM
It is just like all the haters on Farve. Once Lebron averages a thriple double next year and they win 5-8 titles together, he will still be known as one of the top 5 if not best player in the game. Wade will be top 50 and Bosh may be too when it's all said and done