PDA

View Full Version : Heat Vs. Lakers

JasonJohnHorn
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm not a Lakers fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I gotta say, IF (and this is a big if in my opinion), the Heat some how manage to get to the finals and face the Lakers, it wont matter that the Heat signed the three biggest names on the free agent market. The Lakers will still have the better shooting guard, the better power forward and their small forward is one of the best defensive players in the league, and yes, he can slow LBJ down. And considering that they have Bynum and Odom to bolster their front court and have team chemistry that has been built up over several season, I just can see this Miami Heat team being able to beat a team like the Lakers any time in the next couple years, and I think Boston and Orlando are both more than capable of knocking out Miami's Dream Team considering the talent, depth and chemistry they have on their respective teams.

Thoughts? Will the Heat be able to throw lower-mid level talent around these three and compete with legit contenders like the Lakers, Celtics and Magic?

Ryan328
07-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't even think the Heat can beat Orlando in a series, or a fully 100% healthy Boston team let alone the Lakers.

dnewguy
07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm not a Lakers fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I gotta say, IF (and this is a big if in my opinion), the Heat some how manage to get to the finals and face the Lakers, it wont matter that the Heat signed the three biggest names on the free agent market. The Lakers will still have the better shooting guard, the better power forward and their small forward is one of the best defensive players in the league, and yes, he can slow LBJ down. And considering that they have Bynum and Odom to bolster their front court and have team chemistry that has been built up over several season, I just can see this Miami Heat team being able to beat a team like the Lakers any time in the next couple years, and I think Boston and Orlando are both more than capable of knocking out Miami's Dream Team considering the talent, depth and chemistry they have on their respective teams.

Thoughts? Will the Heat be able to throw lower-mid level talent around these three and compete with legit contenders like the Lakers, Celtics and Magic?

When Wade had Dequean Cook and Chris Quinn, he beat the Lakers, with their crappy roster Wade almost swept the Lakers by himself if not for Kobe lucky shot in that game in L.A. Lets be serious, Kobe nor Artest can't stop D Wade.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2010, 08:36 PM
When Wade had Dequean Cook and Chris Quinn, he beat the Lakers, with their crappy roster Wade almost swept the Lakers by himself if not for Kobe lucky shot in that game in L.A. Lets be serious, Kobe nor Artest can't stop D Wade.

regular season lmao

lebron has had best record in regular season 2 last years and what has he won???

J2345
07-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Kobe nor Artest can't stop D Wade.:facepalm:

you obviously, have no basketball knowledge, what so ever

TmacBryant
07-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Kobe can guard, and has guarded D-wade like no other. Even D-wade and Heat's coach have given praise to kobe's defense. Artest on the other hand can body him up, but D-wade is faster. Last time when Artest played against D-wade he was 10 pounds heavier than he is now. Just wait, Kobe V wade; Artest V Lebron; and Pau V Bosh.... Can't wait.