PDA

View Full Version : Miami Big 3 or LA Big 4 of 04

heimdog8
07-09-2010, 07:58 PM
For some reason it seems like people are forgetting what happened just 5 years ago when many stars decided to get together.

Remember when Karl Malone and Gary Payton decided to join forces with shaq and Kobe?

Malone averaged 21 pts 8 rebs. 5 assists the previous year
Payton averaged 21 pts 9 assists 2 stls the previous year
shaq averaged 27 and 11
kobe averaged 28 and 5 and 5
not to mention great role players like fisher, rick fox, devean george, lindsay hunter

That lineup was better than the miamis right now. And they were playing in the early 2000's when there wasnt as much talent as there is now and this team still lost in the finals.

what are your thought on this new heat team compared to trios of the past?

dnewguy
07-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Gary Payton and Karl Malone were old legs, Wade is better than both combined......Lebron and Bosh are better than Kobe and Shaq.

ldc62
07-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Gary Payton and Karl Malone were old legs, Wade is better than both combined......Lebron and Bosh are better than Kobe and Shaq.

I'm not a Heat fan or hater, but no.... Shaq was unstoppable back then.

Also stop these threads, I wanna read about actual news. Comparing is good, but I don't need half of the first page of the forum about stuff like this.

heimdog8
07-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Wow interesting perspective. I agree that wade right now is better than malone and payton were at that time. Tho lets not forget that malone is probably top 15 players of all time and payton is one of top defensive point guards of all time. thats why they called him the glove. plus he could score. he was a big reason why wade won his first championship too lets not forget that. And come on now that is a very bold move to say lebron and bosh are better than kobe and shaq. Shaq was probably the most dominant force the game of basketball has ever seen. His field goal % was 65%. Way more efficient than bosh and lebron. Bosh is not even a top 3 big men active right now. Shaq is top 3 big men of all time. and lebron and Kobe cancel each other out. and even if lebron is better. its not as big of difference as shaq being better than bosh.

Tony_Starks
07-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Not even close! They were on their last legs. Malone played like half the season and retired when it was over. Payton had like 2 seasons after that and retired.

Miami's guys are all in their prime.

dnewguy
07-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Wow interesting perspective. I agree that wade right now is better than malone and payton were at that time. Tho lets not forget that malone is probably top 15 players of all time and payton is one of top defensive point guards of all time. thats why they called him the glove. plus he could score. he was a big reason why wade won his first championship too lets not forget that. And come on now that is a very bold move to say lebron and bosh are better than kobe and shaq. Shaq was probably the most dominant force the game of basketball has ever seen. His field goal % was 65%. Way more efficient than bosh and lebron. Bosh is not even a top 3 big men active right now. Shaq is top 3 big men of all time. and lebron and Kobe cancel each other out. and even if lebron is better. its not as big of difference as shaq being better than bosh.

Lets put it this way...none of all the Lakers 4 is capable of a triple double every single night, Lebron will be triple double with the Heat, Wade high scorer and Bosh balance out defense and toughness inside.

heimdog8
07-09-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm not a Heat fan or hater, but no.... Shaq was unstoppable back then.

Also stop these threads, I wanna read about actual news. Comparing is good, but I don't need half of the first page of the forum about stuff like this.

Oh my GOD im so sorry to put this great inconvenience on you. I hope your hand doesn't get hurt from having to scroll down a little further to read something else

GOON MUSIC
07-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Lebron and Bosh are better than Kobe and Shaq.

are you serious ?

The Flash
07-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Heat haters watch this happening now :

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/pages/heat_livestream_full

-Big-Baby-
07-09-2010, 08:17 PM

:facepalm: @ lebron and bosh being better than kobe and shaq lolllllllllll

phoenix_bladen
07-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Lets put it this way...none of all the Lakers 4 is capable of a triple double every single night, Lebron will be triple double with the Heat, Wade high scorer and Bosh balance out defense and toughness inside.

:facepalm:

heimdog8
07-09-2010, 08:19 PM

agreed lebron will probably have to do that if they are going to be successful. but even then...rondo averaged nearly a triple double in the playoffs and he wasnt even part of bostons big 3. my point is that having 4 greats to do different things would be more valuable than 3 guys because then each 3 has to play unbelievable every night to give them a chance to win. they could do that but if one of them gets hurt then there screwed. and i dont know what bosh you watch but defense and toughness is not something he brings lol. Gasol plays better D and is tougher than him

NYK|NYY
07-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Lakers still got to the finals

LA_Raiders
07-09-2010, 08:20 PM
lol, Malone & Gary were not the top 5 players on the league...

97NYer
07-09-2010, 08:21 PM

dnewguy
07-09-2010, 08:23 PM
[/B]

i'll rephrase that, Lebron James is better than Kobe and Shaq.

heimdog8
07-09-2010, 08:28 PM
lol, Malone & Gary were not the top 5 players on the league...

No one said they were. If your trying to say that bosh wade and lebron are then your mistaken.
Wade and Lebron are top 5 just like kobe and Shaq were. Bosh isnt close to top 5

J2345
07-09-2010, 08:39 PM
[Lebron James is better than Kobe and Shaq.[dnewguy/]

really? are you serious?
:confused:

heimdog8
07-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Not even close! They were on their last legs. Malone played like half the season and retired when it was over. Payton had like 2 seasons after that and retired.

Miami's guys are all in their prime.

Malone retired because he tore his knee which caused him to miss most the season. I realize how it turned out. But going into the season there was no reason to believe they were gonna lose. More people picked that lakers team to win the championship than people now are picking the heat. many people now still the think the lakers magic or celtics are still better. im not saying they are but in 04 no one was expecting the lakers to lose but yet they still did

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Haha I like how all these so called "Miami" fans sound so dumb right now! Their team hasn't played one game and they're hyping them so much. Shaq/Kobe would DESTROY Lebron/Bosh... Cuz cmon let's be serious, Shaq/Kobe actually know how to win an NBA Finals game.

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Keep in mind the Lakers still made the Finals dealing with injuries throughout the season. Kobe and Shaq alone by themselves are better than any of the 4 in Miami and the Lakers bench destroys anything the Heat can come up with. Lakers 10/10 times.

Geargo Wallace
07-09-2010, 08:50 PM
This is a deadly Bir 3.

heimdog8
07-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Keep in mind the Lakers still made the Finals dealing with injuries throughout the season. Kobe and Shaq alone by themselves are better than any of the 4 in Miami and the Lakers bench destroys anything the Heat can come up with. Lakers 10/10 times.

Ya i totally agree. that laker team was better than this heat team so in order for the heat to win it...there gonna have to add even more great role players which is gonna be hard to come by. unless shaq decides to go down to miami for almost no money then i dont know where the heat are gonna find a center that can do anything

CowboysKB24
07-09-2010, 08:52 PM
For some reason it seems like people are forgetting what happened just 5 years ago when many stars decided to get together.

Remember when Karl Malone and Gary Payton decided to join forces with shaq and Kobe?

Malone averaged 21 pts 8 rebs. 5 assists the previous year
Payton averaged 21 pts 9 assists 2 stls the previous year
shaq averaged 27 and 11
kobe averaged 28 and 5 and 5
not to mention great role players like fisher, rick fox, devean george, lindsay hunter

That lineup was better than the miamis right now. And they were playing in the early 2000's when there wasnt as much talent as there is now and this team still lost in the finals.

what are your thought on this new heat team compared to trios of the past?

Malone and Payton were old as dirt... they didn't make much contribution. The LA teams that won the championships were much better obviously... I don't know where you are going? That LA team got stomped in the Finals and had a lot of things go there way to get there. That wasn't the best LA team in the past decade.

ldc62
07-09-2010, 08:54 PM
i'll rephrase that, Lebron James is better than Kobe and Shaq.

No....

-Big-Baby-
07-09-2010, 08:55 PM

We will see. Miami IS the team to beat, Lakers could do it if they pick someone up. Lakers have no bench BUT Lamar Odom though....... Heat has the better team by alot.

Fireworld
07-09-2010, 08:56 PM

:facepalm: :pity:

Kobe+Shaq= 9 rings.

Bosh+Bron= 0

It's all in the math.

MVPKOBE43
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM

Lebron and Bosh are better than Kobe and Shaq. What the heck are you on. Kobe is better than Lebron right now and definately when he was younger. And bosh cant handle shaq still. Kobe and shaq right now would crush Lebron and bosh. lol oh yeah and how many rings do Lebron wade and bosh combine for? 1. And how many do Shaq and kobe combine for 9. silly rabbit tricks are for kids

bringinwood
07-09-2010, 09:02 PM
:facepalm: :pity:

Kobe+Shaq= 9 rings.

Bosh+Bron= 0

It's all in the math.

Exactly...

It's awesome to build a fantasy team out of monopoly money, but they still have to prove they can co-exist...

Kobe and Shaq had chemistry... LeBron, DWade, and Bosh have a dream...

We'll see if they can re-enact that dream on the court...

JWO35
07-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Bir? Like Gucci Mane(or is it burr?)

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Lebron and Bosh are better than Kobe and Shaq. What the heck are you on. Kobe is better than Lebron right now and definately when he was younger. And bosh cant handle shaq still. Kobe and shaq right now would crush Lebron and bosh. lol oh yeah and how many rings do Lebron wade and bosh combine for? 1. And how many do Shaq and kobe combine for 9. silly rabbit tricks are for kids

THANK YOU!!! These HEAT fans get two losers on their team and now are saying some of the most obnoxious things ever!

bringinwood
07-09-2010, 09:04 PM

Wow is it ****** day in the NBA forum ???

Off the drugs man...

There is only person in the NBA that could have taken that roster of players to the NBA finals...

His name is LeBron.... You can hate all you want but, Kobe has always had a supporting cast that LeBron can only dream of...

Let's see how Kobe and LeBron match up with them both having other all stars to share the load...

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 09:11 PM
We will see. Miami IS the team to beat, Lakers could do it if they pick someone up. Lakers have no bench BUT Lamar Odom though....... Heat has the better team by alot.

Um, no. The Lakers are the repeat champions. They are the favorites once again sir. The Heat have 4 guys in contract so far and potentially a 5th, which after, they will have DJ Mbenga type money to spend on others.

ragee
07-09-2010, 09:12 PM

Lebron=Kobe

SO you're saying Bosh is better than Shaq???

CowboysKB24
07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Wow is it ****** day in the NBA forum ???

Off the drugs man...

There is only person in the NBA that could have taken that roster of players to the NBA finals...

His name is LeBron.... You can hate all you want but, Kobe has always had a supporting cast that LeBron can only dream of...

Let's see how Kobe and LeBron match up with them both having other all stars to share the load...

Good luck trying to convince people that Wade and Bosh and LBJ aren't as good as the Lakers.

Artest and Odom are role players at best. Both were non-existent in the Finals except for ONE game a piece. Gasol is not better than Bosh, sorry. He is close, but he isn't better no way. Wade and LBJ just own Kobe. Bynum has not been there at all for the Lakers in the playoffs, at all. So please try and explain how the supporting casts are even remotely fair? Mike Miller is an excellent role player for their team as well. I think he will fit in great. Kobe was the main reason for their success, with Gasol behind him. Heat will have three guys averaging over 20 (most likely). Lakers, Celtics don't come close to that with any three players.

heimdog8
07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Malone and Payton were old as dirt... they didn't make much contribution. The LA teams that won the championships were much better obviously... I don't know where you are going? That LA team got stomped in the Finals and had a lot of things go there way to get there. That wasn't the best LA team in the past decade.

they were still great players. look at there stats from the year before. payton 21 and 9 assists. thats as good as chris pauls stats some years. but ya thanks u kind of addressed my point. that laker team was more star studded than any other laker team in the decade but yet they lost because they didnt have as much chemistry as the other LA teams. So stars together doesnt mean it will work. and i think that heat team that had shaq on it is better than the heat team they have now (so far not unless they sign other good role players too)

CowboysKB24
07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Lebron=Kobe

SO you're saying Bosh is better than Shaq???

Kobe is the second best shooting guard of all time. Shaq is arguable the greatest big man of all time. There is no comparison. I agree with you.

bringinwood
07-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Good luck trying to convince people that Wade and Bosh and LBJ aren't as good as the Lakers.

Artest and Odom are role players at best. Both were non-existent in the Finals except for ONE game a piece. Gasol is not better than Bosh, sorry. He is close, but he isn't better no way. Wade and LBJ just own Kobe. Bynum has not been there at all for the Lakers in the playoffs, at all. So please try and explain how the supporting casts are even remotely fair? Mike Miller is an excellent role player for their team as well. I think he will fit in great. Kobe was the main reason for their success, with Gasol behind him. Heat will have three guys averaging over 20 (most likely). Lakers, Celtics don't come close to that with any three players.

Wow, I don't think I could have misconstrued a post any worse if I tried...

However, the context of what you said was spot on...

MVMarauder
07-09-2010, 09:57 PM

hahahahah.....PSYCHE

albertc86
07-09-2010, 10:00 PM
LeBron and Bosh better than Shaq and Kobe? Hah... Good one.

LTBaByyy
07-09-2010, 10:01 PM

Get out. :facepalm:

What?
07-09-2010, 10:14 PM

Lebron>Kobe (in 04)

Bosh<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Shaq(in 04)

heimdog8
07-10-2010, 12:10 AM

I dont think much other people would say bosh is better than gasol. gasol has better offensive skills, better passer, way better rebounder, way better at blocking shots. only thing bosh has better is he is more athletic and can dunk more explosively. wade and lebron own kobe? wtf. since when? i remember kobe doing work on both those guys not counting the christmas day game last year when the lakers played the cavs. anyways why your trying to question kobe is crazy to me. he will always rise to the occastion. bynum was hurt both playoff runs but he was still productive and his size really killed the celtics especially his defense. and the celtics have way more size than the heat do now.

and lets compare the lakers role players to the heat. lakers have odom, artest, blake who is one of the best back up point guards in the nba, sasha, luke walton and possibly fish

and the heats role players....mike miller, chalmers, ......., ......, ....... , ......

wow look at that bench. they could take on anyone if it were two on two. for u two say that heat role players are better than lakers role players is just out right stupid considering you dont even know who your role players are. lakers got fisher (the best leader and 5 time champion in the league), odom (who is one of the best sixth man in the league), artest (one of best defenders in the league)

you must not watch basketball. do u know that its 5 on 5 right?

PS I am a huge lebron, d wade, and bosh fan. i personally know all three of them from things my dad does with them. ive went out to dinner and stuff like that with all three of them. so dont respond thinkin im under estimating how good those guys are. that being said. my opinon still stands

Tony_Starks
07-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Bir? Like Gucci Mane(or is it burr?)

Burr! and that is one dog-gone great sig by the way sir!