PDA

View Full Version : If you had the decision to make.

TheKing6
07-09-2010, 07:50 PM
If you had the money and all you needed to do to complete your career is win a few rings why wouldnt you go to miami. Going to miami has given him the best opportunity. if you were 25 with tons of money I think just about everyone on here would go to south beach to play ball with 2 good friends who happen to be somewhat decent bball players. the chance to win a ring is great the weather is great. lets be honest even if it was your hometown who would choose to live in cleveland if they had the opportunity to go anywhere else. the way he revealed his decision is questionable at best but him choosing to go to Miami shouldn't be scrutinized as much as it is.

SugeKnight
07-09-2010, 07:53 PM
i would join chicago so there would be 4 great teams (orlando, miami, chicago, LA) instead of a superteam and only one team that has a chance to stop them, la

TheBay30
07-09-2010, 07:54 PM
in before close

Thisisouryear!!
07-09-2010, 07:57 PM
if it was me id go to NY (to try and become a legend) or stay in cleveland (loyalty)

Not a chance in hell id go to WADES team

unleashthebeast
07-09-2010, 07:57 PM
definetely miami. 6 rings in 6 years :dance:

TheBay30
07-09-2010, 07:58 PM
definetely miami. 6 rings in 6 years :dance:

Lakers gonna beat Miami cHEAT.
No one went to the cHEAT games and they had a superstar like WADE!!
once again fake fans!

TheBay30
07-09-2010, 07:59 PM
The best players wanna compete against the best players not play with the best players.

WestCoastPhan
07-09-2010, 08:04 PM
if it was me id go to NY (to try and become a legend) or stay in cleveland (loyalty)

X10000

I'd rather be the main reason I won a ring, instead of 1/3 the main reason.

97NYer
07-09-2010, 08:10 PM

Word.

hotpotato1092
07-09-2010, 08:12 PM
To me there's really only word that describes what LeBron did: disappointing. I'm disappointed that he didn't have the common decency to handle the situation even remotely well. I'm disappointed that he strung so many teams along when it was clear the he had made his decision. I'm disappointed that he quit on his team. I'm disappointed that broke the heart of his hometown. But most of all I'm disappointed that LeBron doesn't have the heart of a champion. Say what you will about Kobe Bryant, but he never would have done this. He would want to beat Wade and Bosh rather than joining them. Same goes for Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Bill Russell, Kareem, and really any top 10-15 player all time. A true champion wants to beat the best, not team up with them. I guess that's what hurts me most, LeBron was never going to be the man that would surpass Jordan simply because he doesn't have Jordan's DNA. He's not a winner, he's a businessman. He's not a leader, he's a follower. He's not an assassin, he's a distributor. And all of that is fine, if you want to be the 35th best player of all time, but we all wanted so much more from LeBron. He has the tools to be the greatest athlete in american history, but he doesn't have the heart. That's what kills me, that's why I'm so disappointed, that's why I've been bashing this move.

DoubleDragon
07-09-2010, 08:16 PM
If you had the money and all you needed to do to complete your career is win a few rings why wouldnt you go to miami. Going to miami has given him the best opportunity. if you were 25 with tons of money I think just about everyone on here would go to south beach to play ball with 2 good friends who happen to be somewhat decent bball players. the chance to win a ring is great the weather is great. lets be honest even if it was your hometown who would choose to live in cleveland if they had the opportunity to go anywhere else. the way he revealed his decision is questionable at best but him choosing to go to Miami shouldn't be scrutinized as much as it is.

That says it all, and that's the reason for all the scrutiny. A blindsided Cleveland will surely agree. I don't think anyone's questioned the b-ball wisdom in the situation (I mean, we're talking D Wade as a teammate), its just the act without conscience way he went about his business instead of giving the Cavs a dignified heads up before spilling it to a surprised national audience.

Miami_Megatron
07-09-2010, 08:19 PM
i would join chicago so there would be 4 great teams (orlando, miami, chicago, LA) instead of a superteam and only one team that has a chance to stop them, la

See, your thinking like a fan.....
Why would you care about balance of the leauge if your are LBJ.......
The poster asked if you were him, not a fan.....
If you were him, you have to choose to stay in Ohio were no FA dreams of living in comparison to the other teams you could go.......
So it comes to do I suffer and stay loyal to the Cavs and Cleveland even though I was born in Akon and routed for the Bulls growing up, or do I go WERE I KNOW I can win Championships right now and for years to come....
We all know how he felt about that!

Thats the thing, if he went to the Bulls by himself and some other players here and there its a crapshoot still because Miami has Bosh and Wade and Orlando had Howard and a bunch of good role players, so its not a sure thing until you figure that you can be with WADE, BOSH in Miami....
a place were FA will go just because its Miami anyway......
letalone Wade and Bosh....
I dont understand why its so hard to understand..?

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
See, your thinking like a fan.....
Why would you care about balance of the leauge if your are LBJ.......
The poster asked if you were him, not a fan.....
If you were him, you have to choose to stay in Ohio were no FA dreams of living in comparison to the other teams you could go.......
So it comes to do I suffer and stay loyal to the Cavs and Cleveland even though I was born in Akon and routed for the Bulls growing up, or do I go WERE I KNOW I can win Championships right now and for years to come....
We all know how he felt about that!

Thats the thing, if he went to the Bulls by himself and some other players here and there its a crapshoot still because Miami has Bosh and Wade and Orlando had Howard and a bunch of good role players, so its not a sure thing until you figure that you can be with WADE, BOSH in Miami....
a place were FA will go just because its Miami anyway......
letalone Wade and Bosh....
I dont understand why its so hard to understand..?

You're only on Lebron's side because he went to your team... It's okay nobody wants that loser on their team now anyways... All the talent in the world, but no heart, it makes me sad. It's going to be fun watching them lose in the playoffs next year.

Miami_Megatron
07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Lakers gonna beat Miami cHEAT.
No one went to the cHEAT games and they had a superstar like WADE!!
once again fake fans!

Cheat? ok lets not get started with that because at the time Jerry West trade Paul Gusal to the Lakers for Jackshit......so if there is a CHEAT it would be Jerry West/Lakers (unfair trade, to my old team for JOSH CRITTENDEN)....

JNA17
07-09-2010, 08:28 PM
obvious new account from theking23

HoopsDrive
07-09-2010, 08:33 PM
The best players wanna compete against the best players not play with the best players.

Nothing could be further away from the truth.

For James, it's been 7 years of futility with only 1 finals appearance to show for all the hard work. The Cavs tried but couldn't build a team around him enough to win a championship. Maybe it's because he isn't good enough to do it by himself, maybe it's the strength of the cast, who knows? But right now, we know one thing: James wants to win. He decided to join the Heat because he saw a very good opportunity to do something special with the other 2 stars. He made the right decision regarding winning. Why would anyone blame him for choosing the best opportunity for him to win? I'd do the same.

Now, if you're criticizing the way he handled the situation and how he made a soap opera out of it, ok. But don't criticize him for joining the Heat and making a superteam. That's ridiculous and idiotic.

Miami_Megatron
07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
You're only on Lebron's side because he went to your team... It's okay nobody wants that loser on their team now anyways... All the talent in the world, but no heart, it makes me sad. It's going to be fun watching them lose in the playoffs next year.

I never wanted Lebron on my team! But I would be a fool to say i wouldnt take him and smile as extra icing on a amazing cake......I just strongly disagree with how people are mad at him because he choose to leave Cleveland to Go to another team......If he went to the Lakers, Lebron and Kobe and Gusal im sure you be more than happy with that!

Jaji
07-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Lakers fans have some nerve complaining (really its just fear). But didn't they snatch up Shaq from Orlando? Didn't they trade a bag of peanuts for Pau Gasol? Didn't they once suit up FOUR HOFers at once? Get real!

Jaji
07-09-2010, 08:48 PM
And another thing... the Heat are NOT some type of Dream Team. They don't even have enough guys to start a game right now. They have MANY holes to fill. LBJ is is one of the best ever, possibly the GOAT. Wade is a superstar but he's not in a class with LBJ and Kobe. That's a fact. And Bosh is an All Star but he's far from a super star.

If Orlando had been able to land Duncan the year they got Hill and T Mac that would have been a more impressive 3 because Hill was drawing Magic comparisons before all the injuries, T Mac was primed to be in contention with Kobe for best perimeter player in the game and Duncan was arguably the best big man in the game, definitely top 2. Miami has more of a big 2.5 IMO.

hotpotato1092
07-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I never wanted Lebron on my team! But I would be a fool to say i wouldnt take him and smile as extra icing on a amazing cake......I just strongly disagree with how people are mad at him because he choose to leave Cleveland to Go to another team......If he went to the Lakers, Lebron and Kobe and Gusal im sure you be more than happy with that!

It's not that he left, it's the way that he did it. To burn his old team like that, to act so callously and selfishly, it's an utter disgrace to the game. If he wanted to leave that was his call, but he didn't have to be such a ****ing egomaniac about it, I lost all respect for him and Bosh over this whole process.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-09-2010, 08:55 PM
And another thing... the Heat are NOT some type of Dream Team. They don't even have enough guys to start a game right now. They have MANY holes to fill. LBJ is is one of the best ever, possibly the GOAT. Wade is a superstar but he's not in a class with LBJ and Kobe. That's a fact. And Bosh is an All Star but he's far from a super star.

If Orlando had been able to land Duncan the year they got Hill and T Mac that would have been a more impressive 3 because Hill was drawing Magic comparisons before all the injuries, T Mac was primed to be in contention with Kobe for best perimeter player in the game and Duncan was arguably the best big man in the game, definitely top 2. Miami has more of a big 2.5 IMO.

LBJ possibly the GOAT?!?!? Are you serious? That has to be the stupidest thing I have read in a LONG time!!! I'm not even going to take any of your posts seriously now, ideally hope you're 15 or something cuz if you're older then WOW you have a horrible understanding of the game.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Lakers don't need him.... Unlike Lebron Kobe can win without a TOP 5 in the NBA teammate, what am I saying, he hasn't even won anything yet.

J2345
07-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Cheat? ok lets not get started with that because at the time Jerry West trade Paul Gusal to the Lakers for Jackshit......so if there is a CHEAT it would be Jerry West/Lakers (unfair trade, to my old team for JOSH CRITTENDEN)....

I guess you did'nt get it. Miami cHEAT:cool:

TheKing6
07-09-2010, 09:06 PM
In 2006 when kobe took his early playoff exit and was complaining everyday about wanting a trade out of LA. You can not tell me that he wouldnt have taken the same opportunity that lebron did. Don't act like kobe won all his rings without a good supporting cast. Shaq for 3 and Pau for the last 2. Why is it that LeBron should have to win his rings by himself?

barreleffact
07-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Lebron is elite but he is nowhere close to being notable as a GOAT candidate.

and wade is EASILY on lebron's level. He came into the league with less hype and has done more. its not een solely about the ring. Wade has always carried himself better than Lebron. He scores with nearly as good efficiency but with nowhere near as good a team. He has the same number of assists with FAR worse talent. IMO he plays better than lebron when given talent around him. Allstar games, olympics, etc when Wade has talent he has fun but he also looks more focused than most. Before the injuries Wade was primed to be better than lebron, now he's just on the same level as the guy.

Plus, Wade is tougher mentally(game winners since rookie year) and physically(lebron hurt his wittle elbow and qwits when he should have won a ring)...:cry:

EDIT:To the topic if I was Lebron I would hae hurt Cleveland's "fans" feelings even further by going to Chicago. Minus the weather and state taxes, they offer every bit of as good a chace for a ring. They have Rose(wade light minus the defense), Boozer(bosh's equal), and Noah(miami has no answer for his toughness, defense, nor rebounding), and they would have had extra money for solid shooters while still having deng and gibso an EXCELLENT trade bait

Jaji
07-09-2010, 09:35 PM
LBJ possibly the GOAT?!?!? Are you serious? That has to be the stupidest thing I have read in a LONG time!!! I'm not even going to take any of your posts seriously now, ideally hope you're 15 or something cuz if you're older then WOW you have a horrible understanding of the game.

Dude, you are effing clueless. Who has accomplished what LBJ has at this point in their careers? MJ didn't have any titles at age 25 either. Kobe did but he played with Shaq. MJ never put a garbage team on his back and carried them to the Finals single handedly at the tender age of 22. MJ hadn't won back to back MVPs by age 25. And that's just some of his accolades. Have you ever watched the kid play???

Your hate is clearly blinding you and making you say very stupid things. You can tell by all your extra exclamation points that you are so emotionally charged its ridiculous. You're clearly mad and upset about something. You should chill out and think about what you're saying. I guess Lebron is just a scrub right :rolleyes:? I never said he was your favorite player. I said he is possibly the GOAT and he is. No one has shown us more by age 25 and he still has another 10 years to go probably. You, sir, have FAILED!

Jaji
07-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Lebron is elite but he is nowhere close to being notable as a GOAT candidate.

and wade is EASILY on lebron's level. He came into the league with less hype and has done more. its not een solely about the ring. Wade has always carried himself better than Lebron. He scores with nearly as good efficiency but with nowhere near as good a team. He has the same number of assists with FAR worse talent. IMO he plays better than lebron when given talent around him. Allstar games, olympics, etc when Wade has talent he has fun but he also looks more focused than most. Before the injuries Wade was primed to be better than lebron, now he's just on the same level as the guy.

Plus, Wade is tougher mentally(game winners since rookie year) and physically(lebron hurt his wittle elbow and qwits when he should have won a ring)...:cry:

EDIT:To the topic if I was Lebron I would hae hurt Cleveland's "fans" feelings even further by going to Chicago. Minus the weather and state taxes, they offer every bit of as good a chace for a ring. They have Rose(wade light minus the defense), Boozer(bosh's equal), and Noah(miami has no answer for his toughness, defense, nor rebounding), and they would have had extra money for solid shooters while still having deng and gibso an EXCELLENT trade bait

When did LeBron exit the GOAT conversation? Last night :laugh2:? Please!

And why would you say Wade has done more? You mean he had a better team? He won a title, okay. And what has LeBron done nothing? LeBron is clearly the best player in the league right now. If anyone says anything different then they are being ridiculous. I don't like that word hater but there is nothing else to describe it. There is no one who fills up a stat sheet like LeBron. He's big, he's fast, he's strong, he can score, he can pass, he can rebound, he can defend. There is absolutely nothing he can't do on a basketball court. You need to open your eyes to reality, my friend.

hugepatsfan
07-09-2010, 10:02 PM
TheKing6 is your user name. I'm guessing you're just a bandwagoner. Not even a Heat fan - just another LBJ groupie.

GrumpyOldMan
07-09-2010, 10:04 PM
If all Lebron and Bosh care about is winning they should have joined the Harlem Globetrotters. They win every game.

barreleffact
07-09-2010, 10:16 PM
When did LeBron exit the GOAT conversation? Last night :laugh2:? Please!

And why would you say Wade has done more? You mean he had a better team? He won a title, okay. And what has LeBron done nothing? LeBron is clearly the best player in the league right now. If anyone says anything different then they are being ridiculous. I don't like that word hater but there is nothing else to describe it. There is no one who fills up a stat sheet like LeBron. He's big, he's fast, he's strong, he can score, he can pass, he can rebound, he can defend. There is absolutely nothing he can't do on a basketball court. You need to open your eyes to reality, my friend.

He was never in the GOAT discussion IMO. it has nothing to do with last night. MJ came into the league aeraging over 28 a game at around 53% from the field. MJ was nothing short of gods gift to basketball. Lebron nor anyone else can probably never touch that. regardless of lebrons POTENTIAL rings MJ would have had more. MJ would have won one last year in lebrons shoes. He won in his 7th year, last year was lebrons. MJ would never have quit on his team ever. regardless of who he had to punch out or what he had to do. Lebron complains about an elbow and then quit.

As far as him being the best in the league, im indifferent on that. is he better than wade? yes but not by a great extent. wade coupldve possibly had his 1st ring in 04 had he not sat out game 6 of the ECF. is he better than kobe? its a toss up. kobe played injured last year and still won. He had as great a post season as anyone last year regardless of the rough start and finish. lebron is more athletic but kobe is still better all around. and im nowhere near a lebron hater. i respect his game. its great. hes a punk and sux off the court and is an ***, but i have tons of respect for his game, but he is far from as flawless as you imply.

And im tired of people saying lebron always had a ****** team. Jamison was a 20/10 guy. Mo had much potential. Varajoa was great defensively and rebounding, hickson had potential. he ad a multitude of shooters around him at every position. His individual teammates stats may not have been great but thats because they had to cater their games for lebrons. last season all year long everyone spoke of lebron having the team that was the best in the league top to bottom only to end the year by saying his team sux...how does that opnion change overnight?

TheKing6
07-10-2010, 02:34 AM
TheKing6 is your user name. I'm guessing you're just a bandwagoner. Not even a Heat fan - just another LBJ groupie.

I've been a LeBron fan since i first heard about him. I have taken **** from friends who are fans of other NBA teams throughout all of his playoff exits and different issues that have come up. Now that he is about to run over the whole league for the next several years im excited for morons like you to just shut up and count the rings. He is gonna avg a triple double with the team he is on and will still be seen as one of the greatest.

Sadds The Gr8
07-10-2010, 02:44 AM
obvious new account from theking23

this