PDA

View Full Version : Who is the face of NBA

What?
07-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Do you think David Stern and media is going to start pushing Durant more as the face of the NBA. He has been pushing Lebron for most of his career but I doubt he still will. So who do you think will be the face of the NBA now and for the years to come. My guess is either Durant or Kobe

black1605
07-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Brian Scalabrine

McPeak92
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
As much as I hate to say it I don't think you can have anybody be the face of a national association from Oklahoma City.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2010, 07:02 PM
kobe

camador22
07-09-2010, 07:04 PM
I don't know if it's true but I heard on the radio Lebrons interview had higher ratings then the finals. That should answer your question.

Tony_Starks
07-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Kobe. but the batton is getting passed to Durant and don't count out Chris Paul.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Nobody specific has been the face of the NBA for a long time. It's the top 4-5 players all working together to promote the NBA and whoever endorses them.

northsider
07-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Kobe is def. that face and then one of my fav. players in Durant is right on his coat tails.

97NYer
07-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Durant.

Weezy
07-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Kobe will be until he retires. But after that I believe is Kevin Durant. He is the man, love his game and he isnt a drama queen/douche either.

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 07:11 PM
We all know its LeBron James, anyone refusing to admit that is just being ignorantly bitter.

Evolution23
07-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Kobe
Mello
Durant

Sadds The Gr8
07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Marcus Banks

northsider
07-09-2010, 07:22 PM
We all know its LeBron James, anyone refusing to admit that is just being ignorantly bitter.

I can honestly say I am not the least bit bitter and still think it is Kobe I mean Lebron is amazing no doubt about it, I just view what you have done in your career winning wise says more about the player and Kobe speaks volumes on this level.

HallofFameKidd
07-09-2010, 07:24 PM
The past two seasons it has been Kobe and Lebron (see Nike puppet commercials). Unless Nike is willing to make DWade and Bosh puppets...never mind, Lebron f'd that up too. Kobe is solely the face of the NBA now, courtesies of Queen James!

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 07:24 PM
thats your opinion but the ratings for last night's "decision" says other wise.

camador22
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I can honestly say I am not the least bit bitter and still think it is Kobe I mean Lebron is amazing no doubt about it, I just view what you have done in your career winning wise says more about the player and Kobe speaks volumes on this level.

We're not talking who had the better career. We're talking about who's the face. Could Kobe have drawn as many viewers if he had the same press conference. Not even his rape press conference had 1/10 of the viewers.

koreancabbage
Kobe and Lebron
Durant
Dwight Howard
Wade

koLohe2133
allen iverson....no.

antoine walker....no.

lbj....not after that stunt....

gotta go with kobe.

n honestly, im from LA, live in LA, and HATE THE LAKERS.....but seriously? at least in the worst trade of all time, memphis still got something.

as much as i hate to say it, i got mad respect for #24 now. sure, he quit and wanted to be traded. but he didnt stab his hometown in the back

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Lets let the jersey sales next season give us an estimation as well.... Miami Heat #6 is more likely than not going to be the top seller for years

zambo4president
07-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Kobe for now. John Wall could take over in a few years if he lives up to the hype.

northsider
07-09-2010, 07:29 PM
We're not talking who had the better career. We're talking about who's the face. Could Kobe have drawn as many viewers if he had the same press conference. Not even his rape press conference had 1/10 of the viewers.

No other proffesional player has dragged something out like this since Brett Farve which he def. isn't the face of the NFL but, as fed up and tired of people hearing about him they still tuned in. No other player has ever been at his caliber of play and allowed his FA be such a circus so I have to kindly disagree with you.

koLohe2133
07-09-2010, 07:31 PM
No other proffesional player has dragged something out like this since Brett Farve which he def. isn't the face of the NFL but, as fed up and tired of people hearing about him they still tuned in. No other player has ever been at his caliber of play and allowed his FA be such a circus so I have to kindly disagree with you.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

im actually looking forward to the favre saga this time around.....kuz, although i could be wrong.....i really dont think he is gonna burn the vikings for the dolphins....

just saying

camador22
07-09-2010, 07:39 PM

A circus would have been a Lebron tour to every city. He had every right to make it a circus but didn't. It's not his fault the media is on his dick. He raised 5M for the boys and girls club by doing so and I applaud him.

avrpatsfan
07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
This. Lebron is arguably one of the biggest sports figures in the world.

Tony_Starks
07-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Lets let the jersey sales next season give us an estimation as well.... Miami Heat #6 is more likely than not going to be the top seller for years

I believe Kobe has been the top jersey seller the past couple years. 3 out of the last 4 years to be precise. The year he didn't get it, it still wasn't Lebron it was KG in '08.

northsider
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
A circus would have been a Lebron tour to every city. He had every right to make it a circus but didn't. It's not his fault the media is on his dick. He raised 5M for the boys and girls club by doing so and I applaud him.

I am really not trying to bash the guy good for him if anything he wanted to go where he felt he could finally win. Now my problem is it was a ****ing circus and this leaves the door open for other professional athletes to follow suit I really wouldn't want to watch another one of these events unfold like this.

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
It sure isn't Benedict Arnold

camador22
07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
I believe Kobe has been the top jersey seller the past couple years. 3 out of the last 4 years to be precise. The year he didn't get it, it still wasn't Lebron it was KG in '08.

Are we really comparing LA to Cleveland or Kobe to Lebron.

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM

What teams were Kobe and KG playing on?

The two most heralded franchises in the history of the NBA with two of the three largest worldwide fan bases. In Miami we it is very likely to see LeBron take the number 1 spot.

kid#8
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM

It's KOBE!!!! who else....Who's no. 1 in jerseys sold this past few years?...pls. pls.. chek the numbers...you can google it..and ask china who's more popular there?...ask the entire asian community...It's kobe and It will always will until he retires..lol...:D:D:D

TheBay30
07-09-2010, 07:55 PM
kobe

Giantwarrior
07-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Kobe Bryant, w/o a doubt.

ldc62
07-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Kobe or Lebron. They are still the most popular as much as Lebron is hated right now.

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 08:00 PM

It's KOBE!!!! who else....Who's no. 1 in jerseys sold this past few years?...pls. pls.. chek the numbers...you can google it..and ask china who's more popular there?...ask the entire asian community...It's kobe and It will always will until he retires..lol...:D:D:D

hmmmmmmm i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Kobe is the face of the most popular franchise in the history of the league and they went to the finals the last three seasons??? I wonder, we should ask the asian community

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Do you think David Stern and media is going to start pushing Durant more as the face of the NBA. He has been pushing Lebron for most of his career but I doubt he still will. So who do you think will be the face of the NBA now and for the years to come. My guess is either Durant or Kobe

Right now it's Kobe and when he leaves it will be Wade after he goes it will be Durant. It will NEVER be lebron because little boys never become the face of the NBA and i think he's too into himself to ever grow up.

-Big-Baby-
07-09-2010, 08:03 PM
All of you know its Lebron....

cmellofan15
07-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Mikhail Prokhorov, he's so badass.

Me and Jack
07-09-2010, 08:12 PM
KOBE... has been the face... will be the face... Until Lebron wins 5 or at least 2.... Long way to go BronBron.

DoubleDragon
kobe

I think both.

Kobe as the old guard so to speak
Durant as the new generation.

(kind of like when MJ was in his last years as Kobe came in)

Lebron will now be relegated (and no Heat fans, this isn't a rip) to the status
of being a part of a bigger machine just like the Celtic 3 were. As far as the marketable, single face. You gotta go with the proven (KB) and the up and coming (KD)

On a different note, another notable that deserves success is CP3. Hope he finds himself a good situation.

xbrackattackx
Kobe,Dwight,Wade,Paul and Durant

_KB24_
There is no face of the NBA.

LA_Raiders
07-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Kobe is loved world wide but in the US. I think stern needs to understand that, and give him some props...

Giantwarrior
07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
David stern!!!!:smoking:

fadedmario
07-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Delonte West

The Raven
07-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Kobe Bean Bryant. Lebron screwed himself

mynameismo
07-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Chris Broussard

SANDBURG23
07-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Mark my words the next stud of the NBA is S.Blake you watch him explode this year. He will go insane and win the next 6 MVP's. his cross over is sick, his padding skills unmatched, his Defense is lock down mad, he drill 3 at will and can posterize the best defensive centers in the league. STEVE BLAKE IS THE MAN

CubsFanBudMan#1
07-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Pat Riley, that slick s.o.b!

Jarvo
07-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Durant is to layed back to be the face of the NBA wish he was bcuz mark my words they'll be the team pushin the heat in the finals (if they add a tru big) but he' like duncan let his work on the court speak for him, But c'mon son! its LBJ

BronBron06
07-11-2010, 09:48 AM
LeBron I see his face most of the time in my TV when I watch NBA... From ESPN to NBA TV to other stations it's LeBron this, LeBron that....

Knicks21
07-11-2010, 09:53 AM
um jerry west. Hes the logo...

xbrackattackx
07-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Until now you still bring the rape issue...Get a life idiot!!!:mad::mad::mad:

It's okay it's true Kobe raped someone......

The Magic and Boston for the last 2 championships, What Up?

geraptor
07-11-2010, 10:00 AM
darko

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Its Kobe for now till Durantula can take the torch.

khalil72
07-11-2010, 11:57 AM
D-wade!!

fadedmario
07-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Kevin Durant is the 2nd best player (only behind Kobe in my opinion). Durant will be the face of the league when Kobe's age catches up with him

NBAfan4life
07-11-2010, 01:43 PM
thats your opinion but the ratings for last night's "decision" says other wise.

The ratings were so high because of the hype of free agency, and now that everyone knows if he were to have a live press conference on ESPN the ratings would be nothing.

James will obviously have the most Jersey's sold he changed teams and numbers Kobe will still be in the top 5 probably top 3 even.

I bet if Kobe were to change numbers again this season (which he is not) he would be battling James for that number one spot.

Frezhnitz
07-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Kobe is till the face of the nba. Hes the most popular player internationally and nationally.

shep33
07-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Kobe, Durant, Duncan, or Nash... got respect for any of them

RapOZo
07-11-2010, 02:04 PM
KOBE: jordan emulator, selfish, rape charges/adultery, snitch shaq, diss teammate bynum, and still manage to be considered the Face of the NBA, lolll Kobe is the freakin man!!

xxseven72ducexx
07-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Kobe...before LeBron decided to go to Miami, he was the face of the NBA but now he's just the face of taking the easy road to victory...I see people are saying Durant and skill-wise he has the ability to be the face of the NBA but playing in Oklahoma City really drones his chances...if OKC starts winning consistently like they did last year then his chances get better win by win and year by year but right now it's Kobe, not only because he wins championships but because he's the epitome of a loyal and dedicated player who won't sell out to win a ring...I used to favor LeBron over Kobe by a longshot but after we all found out he was heading to Miami my opinion quickly changed and no longer do I even respect LeBron for running to the Heat with Bosh and Wade, on the other hand, I have the upmost respect for Kobe in every aspect of the game of basketball...so if anyone is going to be the face of the NBA it's going to be Kobe Bean Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers

gbrl
07-11-2010, 05:12 PM
stern

BayHuStLE
07-11-2010, 05:18 PM
^^^^ lol nice, but:

Kobe

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 05:25 PM
yea i love durant, and am a huge texas longhorns fan so ive been loving him but come on guys.... kobe then lebron... 5 years itll be lebron then kobe.... and hopefully john wall!!!

Kevj77
07-11-2010, 05:43 PM
hmmmmmmm i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Kobe is the face of the most popular franchise in the history of the league and they went to the finals the last three seasons??? I wonder, we should ask the asian communityIt's because China values championships more then hype. That's why Kobe is widely popular there. In fact Kobe is the most popular player in the world, but LeBron is more popular in the USA.