PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron Less Marketable Now?

MrThrowBack23
07-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Is the Nets owner right the Lebron brand is tarnished with him signing with the Heat? Will he get less sponsors for the way he walked out in Cleveland? Is LeBron Less marektable?

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Did he destroy the "LeBron brand" Nike had been building up as a Jordan heir? Yes.

Will he be less marketable? No way. If he wins titles with The Dreamettes he will become even more marketable.

ATX
07-09-2010, 06:20 PM
If anything, he'll be more marketable.

Melo15
07-09-2010, 06:22 PM
If anything, he'll be more marketable.

:eyebrow: how do you figure?

marlinsfan24
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
No

The_905
07-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Yes

DreamShaker
07-09-2010, 06:34 PM
For now...a little. But everything changes if he wins...winning is marketable...

Tony_Starks
07-09-2010, 06:36 PM
No. More marketable. All three are.

dtmagnet
07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Well the Heat are pretty much the only thing that ESPN will talk about for the next 6 years so no not really.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 06:43 PM
yes and no.

Lebron individually will be less marketable. However, him, Wade, and Bosh together, will now get media attention like we have never seen before. They will make commercials on the 3 knights, searching for the holy grail, and have to defeat the evil dragon to obtain it, the lakeraga. Corny stuff like that.

Evolution23
07-09-2010, 06:46 PM
He quickly went from being a person i used to root for to a player i cannot stand. But for the casual fan I think they would still buy his merchandise.

Thisisouryear!!
07-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Lebron threw everything he had away with that decision.....of COURSE he is less marketbale....

97NYer
07-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Well the Heat are pretty much the only thing that ESPN will talk about for the next 6 years so no not really.

This.

DKGiants
07-09-2010, 07:03 PM
its a fact that if he did go to the Knicks he would have made more money there then anywhere else. just the facts dont hate. If you go to NY, CHI, CLE, NJ or wherever other then Florida I can guarantee you will see so many people hate Lebron now and actually go from hating Kobe to loving him. Kobe will be the man now especially if he beats Miami.

So yes, he ruined his career and also his marketability to make a lot more money.

camador22
07-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Much more marketable, especially if he wins it all.

ldc62
07-09-2010, 07:18 PM
He didn't lose his marketability. Now there are those who hate him and those who love him (just like before). Theres really no difference at all and if he wins it will actually make him more marketable.

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Who's Lebron?

sargon21
07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
how he can he be more marketable? if basically every team hates him now??

The Jokemaker
07-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Yes. He now has many people that hate him. Not dislike, HATE. That's huge and will definitely affect his marketability. He'll get booed now and he no longer is the leader on his own team. That hurts marketability.

TheKing6
07-09-2010, 07:44 PM
hes just as marketable now as he was and if he starts winning he will be even more. possibly to a level never seen.

kobes marketability was extremely low during the rape scandal and him crying that he wanted out of LA now 2 rings later no one remembers any of that.

winning fixes everything

Bornknick73
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM
He took a huge PR hit. His 1 hour special and how he treated his home fans was unbelieveable. Its widely spread that the whole FA thing was a sham. So not only is he classless and egotistical but hes deceitful as well. He shrank from the challenge of his own Legacy. Joining this team took him out of the Kobe Lebron Jordan argument.

He came off way less than the Hero we wanted him to be and more the Coward afraid of his own Greatness. Muhammad needed Frazier in the ring to be great. Leonard needed Hagler and Hearns. This is the way champions achieve greatness. With heart and desire and determination to prove they are the best in the world.

Lebron James comes off as none of these things. No one in a million years thought he would shy away from the responsibility to lead and be great. But he did. Wade is the winner in all this. The new King. He forced the King off his throne and made him bow to him in Miami.

How long before all this starts to come out and his image starts to take this kind of fall out before it bothers him. If the Heat lose its Wade's fault, or Riley's. I just can't believe in his biggest moment he came up small!

King Wade and Prince James. Good Luck to you.

Giantwarrior
07-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Who cares, his shoes are UGLY!

Chicagofan911x
07-09-2010, 07:59 PM
yes i will never buy anything lebron..... not a jersey, not shoes, nothing. guys a ***

Reyes6
07-09-2010, 08:02 PM
He himself will definitely be less marketable... They sponsor the good guys- The Derek Jeters, The Tiger Woods (lol) , Kobe Bryant (lol), Dwyane Wade....

But guys who leave their teams on national TV? Their stock will most certainly take a hit.

I don't like how people keep saying this was a business standpoint... It's simply for a ring and a legacy.

Money can do a lot, but it can't buy love or rings.

Fireworld
07-09-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.atdhe.net/20441/watch-2010-heat-welcome-party

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Is the Nets owner right the Lebron brand is tarnished with him signing with the Heat? Will he get less sponsors for the way he walked out in Cleveland? Is LeBron Less marektable?

He's hurt his marketability in a major way with his arrogance and contradicting himself. A team player doesn't hold a 1 man press conference when the 2 guys your signing with one of which is the team leader announce a day before that they are signing with the same team. I think he came off really 2 faced,selfish,arrogant,primadonna type of guy and it amazes me. Because for someone who has NEVER won anything i don't know why he feels the entitlement that he does.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 08:21 PM
He took a huge PR hit. His 1 hour special and how he treated his home fans was unbelieveable. Its widely spread that the whole FA thing was a sham. So not only is he classless and egotistical but hes deceitful as well. He shrank from the challenge of his own Legacy. Joining this team took him out of the Kobe Lebron Jordan argument.

He came off way less than the Hero we wanted him to be and more the Coward afraid of his own Greatness. Muhammad needed Frazier in the ring to be great. Leonard needed Hagler and Hearns. This is the way champions achieve greatness. With heart and desire and determination to prove they are the best in the world.

Lebron James comes off as none of these things. No one in a million years thought he would shy away from the responsibility to lead and be great. But he did. Wade is the winner in all this. The new King. He forced the King off his throne and made him bow to him in Miami.

How long before all this starts to come out and his image starts to take this kind of fall out before it bothers him. If the Heat lose its Wade's fault, or Riley's. I just can't believe in his biggest moment he came up small!

Staying with the cavs or even going to new york and beating he bosh/wade team and a kobe led lakers for a title would have meant more than him giving in. He's basically saying if you can't beat em join em. He can't beat the best he choked in the finals and choked in back to back 60 win seasons he was already an embarassment so this is a lateral move he's going backwards in his career. One analyst said he sees 3 titles in 4 years they are ******* crazy with all the salary eaten up between 2 players they expect players to grovel at their feet to come and play with them for basically free. I mean there's a big difference in taking less and taking next to nothing to play with them. And they are basically going to have to surround that team with players that play for 1-2 mill a year and im sorry but you get what you pay for. I see possibly 1 yes 1 title in 5 years and it will probably be in the 5th year who is going to want to play with lebron after seeing lebron on national tv showing his @$$?

The Raven
07-11-2010, 08:15 AM
He's certainly no longer the face of the NBA anymore

Cbast09
07-11-2010, 08:18 AM
... which is ironic since you wouldn't even know Miami existed if you watched ESPN. Before the big 3, ESPN never talked about the Heat. Even with the big 3, they still never mention the Marlins and always downgrade the Dolphins.

mynameismo
07-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Who cares, his shoes are UGLY!

Hahaha. This.

J-Relo
07-11-2010, 09:10 AM

^ comes from Knicks fan :clap:

xbrackattackx
07-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes.

magichatnumber9
07-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Yes superstars are usually singled out because they are clear cut above there teams and are more marketable. So yeah Lebron is less marketable because he took a huge PR dive, and he is on a team with two other stars.

clevelandspride
07-11-2010, 09:25 AM
oh yes he really screwed up imo whats the nike slogan gonna be? get help i cant do it ha ha