PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling LeBron wanted to end his career in Cleveland after this

NetsPaint
07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Did the people in Cleveland including the GM ruin this chance? I don't think LeBron ever wanted to leave it, but wanted a much better chance at winning championships. By the time this contract runs out, he'd be 30 or 31, good amount of years left to play at a high level.

So, do you think he planned on coming back at some point?

Also while we're at it, do you think he will join a third team for his final max contract?

dtmagnet
07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
You can't go back after doing something like this.

jetsfan89
07-09-2010, 06:17 PM
he essentially put the team in limbo for two years, and gave an hour long slap in the face to the cavs. there's no going back.

IDB Josh M
07-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Maybe he'll come back in FO role?

Melo15
07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
LOL no chance he comes back after this. Honestly i'll be surprised if he's able to still live in Akron.

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 06:28 PM
His whole family needs to leave that state

ldc62
07-09-2010, 06:29 PM
no chance...

KingOf215
07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Time heals all wounds, and people have short memories.

But in 6 years? Not hardly enough time.

McPeak92
07-09-2010, 06:56 PM
If he honestly thought the city wouldn't respond this way then he is dumber than I thought.

The Raven
07-11-2010, 08:19 AM

they'll kill him if he ever sets foot back in Ohio

Cbast09
07-11-2010, 08:22 AM
It was a hard decision. Once the hate for Lebron slows down, people should realize it was a very hard decision for Lebron to leave. The offer to go to Miami was very convincing, but he didn't say screw Cleveland and have this planned 3 years ago. While the big 3 planned to play together, Wade and Bosh weren't sure Lebron was coming. Trust me, Heat fans would have been happy with just Wade/Bosh if LBJ stayed.

eso
07-11-2010, 08:22 AM
i dont even see the big three happening Lebron wont make it out of Clev and if he does itll be like Predators and the hunt is on...

mynameismo
07-11-2010, 08:24 AM
No turning back now...

tjlipford
07-11-2010, 08:32 AM
LOL at some of yall comments. U are right though, we don't want him back here in Cleveland or Ohio for that matter.

flimflamman
07-11-2010, 08:45 AM
He is such a liar, he pretended to be working to bring Bosh to Cleveland remeber that one too ?

ragee
07-11-2010, 08:59 AM

You are underestimating the heart of a primadonna... Just imagine... The return of the prodigal son... Such a good ending to his NBA soap... Err... I mean career!

J-Relo
07-11-2010, 09:03 AM
If he honestly thought the city wouldn't respond this way then he is dumber than I thought.

or maybe those who responded that way are dumber?

idrinkpepsi
07-11-2010, 09:07 AM
If he thinks he can go back after not telling the Cavs before he made his decision then he's sorely mistaken.

NYKNYGNYY
07-11-2010, 09:28 AM
he left cus delonte ****ed his mom

clevelandspride
07-11-2010, 09:30 AM
r u crazy he never had any intention of staying here or coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BronBron06
07-11-2010, 09:45 AM
It's all Danny Ferry and the Former GM's fault

LETTING BOOZER GO AWAY AND TRYING TO KEEP JJ HICKSON WHEN "WE" (AHEM I MEAN CAVS, not ur fan anymore lol) CAN GET AMARE

tdunk21
07-11-2010, 11:56 AM
It's all Danny Ferry and the Former GM's fault

LETTING BOOZER GO AWAY AND TRYING TO KEEP JJ HICKSON WHEN "WE" (AHEM I MEAN CAVS, not ur fan anymore lol) CAN GET AMARE

FO did not let boozer leave....in fact boozer said he would sign with the cavs and then signed with jazz...not FO's mistake.....

xbrackattackx
07-11-2010, 12:12 PM
FO did not let boozer leave....in fact boozer said he would sign with the cavs and then signed with jazz...not FO's mistake.....

what I was going to post, nice!

ATX
07-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Did the people in Cleveland including the GM ruin this chance? I don't think LeBron ever wanted to leave it, but wanted a much better chance at winning championships. By the time this contract runs out, he'd be 30 or 31, good amount of years left to play at a high level.

So, do you think he planned on coming back at some point?

Also while we're at it, do you think he will join a third team for his final max contract?

It's way to early to know. I wouldn't be surprised if James ended his career in Miami by signing another contract after this ones up. Miami has a good chance to keep him because they just laid out the foundation to go for multiple rings.

First it was Wade's team (1 Title). Now it's Wade and LeBron's team (Titles TBD). Then it could be LeBrons team after Wade retires (Can he win a title)?

Human FlameShld
07-11-2010, 12:42 PM
what I was going to post, nice!

Based on the pic next to your screen name and in your sig is nice the right word.

Shouldn't you have said.... legen___wait for it______dary

BronBron06
07-11-2010, 12:45 PM
But seriously after the Coach called Boozer at C*nt and management talked about Boozer giving him ideas of more $$$ instead of Loyalty... his EGO got larger.

It's the management's fault seriously one way or the other

ALSO LOOK AT THE PATHETIC DRAFT PICKS

Mell413
07-11-2010, 01:53 PM
It's early to say. Time does heal all wounds though. Judging by his body language during the interview I never got the vibe that he was all that comfortable leaving in the first place.

metsbulls1025
07-11-2010, 02:19 PM
It was a hard decision. Once the hate for Lebron slows down, people should realize it was a very hard decision for Lebron to leave. The offer to go to Miami was very convincing, but he didn't say screw Cleveland and have this planned 3 years ago. While the big 3 planned to play together, Wade and Bosh weren't sure Lebron was coming. Trust me, Heat fans would have been happy with just Wade/Bosh if LBJ stayed.

So hard that he was trying to hold back from smiling when he was getting interviewed. Or how about the part when he got caught in a lie.

Q. When did you make this decision?
A. When I woke up this morning.

Q. Was this the plan all along to play in Miami with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh?
A. ( He grins for like 2 seconds ) I am just glad to play in Miami.

m26555
07-11-2010, 02:23 PM
If he wanted to end his career in Cleveland, he would have re-signed there to begin with. No way he goes back.

m26555
07-11-2010, 02:23 PM
So hard that he was trying to hold back from smiling when he was getting interviewed. Or how about the part when he got caught in a lie.

Q. When did you make this decision?
A. When I woke up this morning.

Q. Was this the plan all along to play in Miami with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh?
A. ( He grins for like 2 seconds ) I am just glad to play in Miami.
:laugh:

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 02:28 PM
His future is being mapped out by The Bubble Gum Gang. Not one person in his camp has 20 or more years in any profession. Hes letting his homeboys run the show and in the end hes gonna regret it.

Hes gonna win titles. No doubt. But they are gonna be diminished. Like a asterisk hanging over his head for the rest of his career. The novelty and appeal of Miami is strong without question, Im there several times a year. All the girls are hot and all the guys are gay. Perfect place for grabbing women.

But a few years from now as he looks at his little ring collection he will feel this gnawing feeling in his gut. The media darling will be dogged for years this is a guarantee. The media love to tear people down. They will say hes a Robin, a Pippen. Hes a quitter and not a leader. This is criticism that will dog him for years. When he walks down the street people will call him the Queen, Prince, Princess. How many years can he live with it? People calling his boy King Wade. The once crowned King of our sport reduced to a Prince in Miami.

That 1 hour special was a joke. People dont forget things. The media wont forget it either i can guarantee you. He had a Legacy on track to join the like of Kobe, MJ, Magic and Bird. Tell me Jordan or Magic arent shaking their heads in disapproval right now. Champions prove they are the best. Out of fear he couldnt beat the best so he joined the rest.

This is what people will say about him for years. Hes a quitter, hes a coward, he cant lead he has to be lead, hes a front runner. Now granted he can shrug and say "**** yall Im getting my rings". But those rings will lose their luster as his crown has lost its luster now.

Frazier beat everyone while Ali was banned, but until he beat the Champ the people didnt accept him. No matter how many times he defended the title.
Joining Wade seemed like the good choice now, but how many years can he take people calling him Wade's flunky? Rings or no rings. A man is a man after all. We all have pride and ego.

Lebron let The Bubble Gum Gang plan his future and they ****ed him. Now Miami fans might disagree but what would have been better?

James on your team or watching James and Wade go at it every year for the right to play Kobe? Like it or not Kobe is now the Ali of the NBA. And even if Miami beats him the people will say he needed Wade to do it. How long can he live with that? People questioning his competitiveness. He didnt want to compete he wanted to coast to the rings. With as little difficulty as possible.
A regular Gerry Cooney.

One day he'll sit in his mansion and realize the Bubble Gum Gang destroyed his Legacy and his legitamacy all in one fell swoop. And somewhere King Wade will smile......

RapOZo
07-11-2010, 02:56 PM
the pressure is bigger now, what's next if he doesn't win it all and egos start to show up
he made an immature desperation mistake, sad, very sad.

RapOZo
07-11-2010, 03:01 PM
very sad

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 03:07 PM
I wanna see how hes gonna hold up hearing "Queen James" "Quit-ter" "Scot-tie Pip-pen"
Chanted in arenas all over the NBA for the next few years?

Ethix11
07-11-2010, 03:16 PM
People seem to forget that he signed a contract for only 6 years. He can always go back if they improve their roster by then or he can go to another team to win it by himself but not before making a pit stop in Miami for a few titles.

RapOZo
07-11-2010, 03:18 PM
People seem to forget that he signed a contract for only 6 years. He can always go back if they improve their roster by then or he can go to another team to win it by himself but not before making a pit stop in Miami for a few titles.

i dont think they gonna want him back

Bornknick73
07-11-2010, 03:22 PM
And Art Modell is wecome back with open arms in a parade thrown in his honor in downtown Cleveland.

Norieaga
07-11-2010, 03:57 PM
This was the plan for a long-*** time. I recall reading months ago how he, Wade, and Bosh were meeting to discuss their free agency. They were always planning this, the hour-long special was probably encouraged his reps in order to maximize attention. This was always the plan, don't be fooled.