PDA

View Full Version : Miami showing interest in Derek Fisher

Statik1
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2010/07/09/will-fisher-join-lebron-in-miami/39439/

:puke:

Derek Fisher to Miami?

It could happen.

Especially if talks between the Lakers and Fisher’s agent Rob Pelinka continue to go nowhere as they have since the free agency period started July 1.

Cleveland and Miami are two teams that have shown interest in signing the 35-year-old point guard and one has to think that Miami suddenly looks appealing. The Heat, however, don’t have a MLE to offer and Fisher is looking for a two-year deal that would pay him closer to the $5 million a year he made with the Lakers.

A source close to Fisher said Thursday night that there was no movement on Fisher’s contract status — with any team.

“We need to have him back, it’s as simple as that,” Bryant said at his basketball camp in Santa Barbara. “It’s not a question of if he will be back; it’s a matter of when.

“I don’t care what [the cost] is,” Bryant added. “They need to work that out and get him back because his significance to our ballclub and to me cannot be understated.

“He’s our big-shot maker, he complements me in terms of leadership in the locker room because he’s the guy that puts his arms around everybody and he’s our emotional leader and that allows me to be the taskmaster. We need to get him back and have him be a part of this group and in the fold.”

kblo247
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Riley and the 3 are making a recruiting move on him as well according to what I have read/heard and they are even talking about a starting job.

Statik1
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I would be very disappointed if he signs with the Heat....

x_notorious
07-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Mitch needs to move quickly and get a deal done. The Lakers can't lose Fisher, ESPECIALLY to Miami.

Storch
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Fisher's not going anywhere.

PGLakers
07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Heat wouldnt have that kinda money if they sign miller. So i dont see why fisher would go to miami..if lakers are offering him more money.

i dont think at this age he goes to non contender. if miami signs miller...i think fisher is ours.

numba1CHANGsta
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Lol

Cooper
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Really?.....

MickeyMgl
07-09-2010, 05:22 PM
In a word, nope. If he can't get the salary he wants with the Lakers, he's gonna go play for even less with the Heat??? Not even logical.

handle
07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Kobe is going to be super pissed if Mitch does not sign Fish.

FakeBlackMamba
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
agreed. i dont think kobe will allow mitch to not sign D Fish. If he goes to MIA, there goes our season. LAKERS NEED FISHER

kid24
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
don't see it happening fish wiil stay in LA.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2010, 05:30 PM
What in the hell is going on??

Stop playing mind games fisher, and sign already!

still1ballin
07-09-2010, 05:30 PM
I am starting to hate the fact that I live in Miami :facepalm:

If Fish leaves the Lakers to Miami, I will lose all respect for the guy.

mstrdrk
07-09-2010, 05:32 PM
The crazy part about all this is the salary cap was meant to prevent exactly this from happening. If you can manipulate the cap to bring this about, then why even bother with a cap? They've basically become the Yankees of basketball, hoping to buy a championship. I'm mad but I'm not really sure why. They played by the rules set in the game and the Lakers could have made a S&T happen to get Bosh though of course we don't really know how far apart or how close the two sides were. As I see it, there's still no one on that team to guard Kobe or Pau while the Lakers have Kobe, Artest, Pau to guard their big three. I still see Boston's grit coming through and beating those guys. Maybe the Lakers can make something happen to bring 'melo in to team up with Kobe and Pau. Would be tough but we could potentially do the same thing Miami did, which is to spend most of the money on those 3 guys and get fillers to play for vet min to round out the squad.

All I know is, it feels dark but really, until they win the championship, it just looks good on paper.

patsspurscubs
07-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Miami fans better hope not...

laker2dodger
07-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Please Fisher stay please we need you I know everybody wanted to trade you earlier, but I never did. SO STAY

kblo247
07-09-2010, 05:40 PM

I'd never lose respect for Fish.

The fact is Buss has underpaid him historically throughout his whole stay in LA (look at his salary and numbers in comparison to Fox, George, and Horry from 01-03 as well as Payton in 04). Buss let Rudy T tell him to **** off. If Buss isn't willing to go 2 years and maybe even a team option on a 3rd and Miami are I can't get on his *** for doing what is best for him when Buss has done the same in regards to him in the past.

His price is ludicrous, but if he feels disrespected by Buss and Buss doesn't value him enough to at least give him a deal that goes into next year I don't know how any Laker fan can get pissed at the 2nd best PG in team history since Magic, wins wise when he has never took a day off on the court, come up big so many times before, and has been a total class act and leader both in representation of himself, the Lakers, their fans, and the city of LA.

Teeboy1487
07-09-2010, 05:41 PM

If Fish leaves the Lakers to Miami, I will lose all respect for the guy. Exactly. I will instantly hate him if he bolts especially when he can't get a better deal elsewhere since no one is going to give him the mid-level. I'm confident he's coming back though.

kblo247
07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Exactly. I will instantly hate him if he bolts especially when he can't get a better deal elsewhere since no one is going to give him the mid-level. I'm confident he's coming back though.

Read my post above you as Fisher would just be doing what Buss has done to him in the past back.

People can't even play the daughter card since Miami is on the list of 5 cities she can get treatment at, just like LA was in the summer of 07.

Avenged
07-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Tell you what though, If Fisher goes to the Heat, our chances of 3 peating will have gotten that much slimmer.

Iron24th
07-09-2010, 05:49 PM

Me too.

But don't worry,like L.O last year,Miami will fail to sign one of our core.

Fish will re-sign for like 8M for two years.

Kobe's Disciple
07-09-2010, 05:50 PM
The Lakers and Fisher should be close to a deal in the next two weeks. I expect Fisher to get a 2-3 year deal starting at 4 million next season.

Fisher is not going anywhere next season because the Lakers need his leadership on the court and in the locker room.

still1ballin
07-09-2010, 05:51 PM

The fact is Buss has underpaid him historically throughout his whole stay in LA (look at his salary and numbers in comparison to Fox, George, and Horry from 01-03 as well as Payton in 04). Buss let Rudy T tell him to **** off. If Buss isn't willing to go 2 years and maybe even a team option on a 3rd and Miami are I can't get on his *** for doing what is best for him when Buss has done the same in regards to him in the past.

His price is ludicrous, but if he feels disrespected by Buss and Buss doesn't value him enough to at least give him a deal that goes into next year I don't know how any Laker fan can get pissed at the 2nd best PG in team history since Magic, wins wise when he has never took a day off on the court, come up big so many times before, and has been a total class act and leader both in representation of himself, the Lakers, their fans, and the city of LA.

Meh, maybe I feel this way because I live here in Miami and I could not stomach a long time Laker playing for the Heat. Imagine if he bolts to the heat and they meet the Lakers in the finals and Fish hits big shots against the Lakers. I'd cut my wrists!

kblo247
07-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't want him to go and it would kill a part of my soul if he did, but I can't say I wouldn't understand him looking at Buss and saying "its not personal, just business" like Buss has done him before.

Findor
07-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Maybe we could sign and trade Fisher for any good role players Miami has... Oh, wait...:cool:

Teeboy1487
07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Read my post above you as Fisher would just be doing what Buss has done to him in the past back.

People can't even play the daughter card since Miami is on the list of 5 cities she can get treatment at, just like LA was in the summer of 07.

To me, it's no different from Cavs fan reacting to Lebron. I would feel betrayed because he is a big part of this team. To see him go to Miami would be a slap in the face. They are our biggest threat. It would be painful to see Fish in a Heat Jersey.

I appreciate Fish a great deal and I still would but I would lose respect for him because I've always felt Fisher is a Laker by heart. I hated Horry when he went to the Spurs even though I appreciated every thing he did for us.

I just hope the FO and Fish can come to some time of middle ground.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Fish won't leave the Lakers for not paying him enough, to joint he Heat who would offer him the same amount..

aerion123
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM

Why?

kblo247
07-09-2010, 06:06 PM
To me, it's no different from Cavs fan reacting to Lebron. I would feel betrayed because he is a big part of this team. To see him go to Miami would be a slap in the face. They are our biggest threat. It would be painful to see Fish in a Heat Jersey.

I appreciate Fish a great deal and I still would but I would lose respect for him because I've always felt Fisher is a Laker by heart. I hated Horry when he went to the Spurs even though I appreciated every thing he did for us.

I just hope the FO and Fish can come to some time of middle ground.

For Shaq forcing him out and throwing him under the bus you mean along with Fisher to bring in his preferred replacements and boys in Malone (loved him) and Payton (piece of ****). :eyebrow:

I just don't get how you would lose respect for a guy going to a winning situation and more secure situation when the franchise has told him kick rocks before.

I'd lose respect if he signed with a lotto team for more money and outside a city where his daughter can't get treatment, but that is just me.

Vinylman
07-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't want him to go and it would kill a part of my soul if he did, but I can't say I wouldn't understand him looking at Buss and saying "its not personal, just business" like Buss has done him before.

how would it be "just business"? The Lakers have supposedly offered $2.5 million to fisher... unless miami wants to use the money they have earmarked for mike miller they can't pay him more than the minimum...

do a little critical analysis and you will know this is just typical posturing BS which has no legs other than some idiot columnist planting the story...

provider
07-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Heat wouldnt have that kinda money if they sign miller. So i dont see why fisher would go to miami..if lakers are offering him more money.

i dont think at this age he goes to non contender. if miami signs miller...i think fisher is ours.

Non-Contender?... What the hell are you talking about? They have 2 of the top 5 players in the league, one of the best ex-coaches in the league to make a possible return to coaching,There big three are young and healthy in their primes, and also people are forgetting about kobe's finger being messed up...his finger is technically older than phil jackson!!!So things dont look too bad for Miami

L@ker4Life
07-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't even think him leaving is a posibility.The agent and mitch are just playing cat and mouse.

The deal will most likely get done by the end of the month.

gr824
07-09-2010, 06:14 PM
how would it be "just business"? The Lakers have supposedly offered $2.5 million to fisher... unless miami wants to use the money they have earmarked for mike miller they can't pay him more than the minimum...

do a little critical analysis and you will know this is just typical posturing BS which has no legs other than some idiot columnist planting the story...

This is correct ... unless Pat Riley has special dispensation from Pope David to manufacture Cap space $$$s out of thin air [ I would not be surprised :rolleyes: ] ...

We still do not know exactly what Wade, James, and Bosh will be paid, but I would be surprised if they wind up taking less than their 'maximum' amounts, which fires up as $16.568 million apiece in Year One of their new pacts ...

Rocco007
07-09-2010, 06:14 PM
He'd have to sign for less with Miami than LA can offer...:confused:

RidgeRaider24
07-09-2010, 06:18 PM
fish will resign

KillaInstinct24
07-09-2010, 06:19 PM

hey, at least there are always plenty of hot rap video girls there...just leave kat stacks alone:laugh2:

PGLakers
07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Non-Contender?... What the hell are you talking about? They have 2 of the top 5 players in the league, one of the best ex-coaches in the league to make a possible return to coaching,There big three are young and healthy in their primes, and also people are forgetting about kobe's finger being messed up...his finger is technically older than phil jackson!!!So things dont look too bad for Miami

nah i wasnt talking abt miami. sorry. i was referring to the teams with money who are non contenders...and hence i dont see fisher going somewhere else like nets or chicago or clippers just for money. Wasn't referring to miami...i know they are contenders but dont have $$$ [if they sign miller].

Vinylman
07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
This is correct ... unless Pat Riley has special dispensation from Pope David to manufacture Cap space $$$s out of thin air [ I would not be surprised :rolleyes: ] ...

We still do not know exactly what Wade, James, and Bosh will be paid, but I would be surprised if they wind up taking less than their 'maximum' amounts, which fires up as $16.568 million apiece in Year One of their new pacts ...

this whole thread is a circle jerk and a big waste of time... no way fisher ends up in miami...

last time i checked fish was touring china... hopefully the lakers get this done by the end of July...

Findor
07-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Fisher is a smart guy. He knows he is loved in LA, but he also wants max money, no one can blame him for that, while Buss wants to sign him for less money...

Remember that the collective bargain ends next year, Fisher is still the president of the players association and probably knows that blockade is a possibility, so he tries to maximize gain just in case the negotiations go wrong.

Lakeshow86
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Its not about the lakers cant pay him its they dont want to pay him. since lakers have bird rights or whatever on fisher they can sign fish to whatever they want. Fisher knows this thats why he's asking for so much. he probably feels that even though he's really not worth 5 million as a player on paper he's worth it to the Lakers and deserves it for all hes done. He wants lakers to overpay for him to show they appreciate him too much to let him go. If they dont pay him what he wants he will take that possibly as an insullt and probably sign with Heat for probably minimum wage just to teach Lakers a lesson. Dont worry he will be back in LA. Im sure Kobe would probably give him part of his salary just to keep Fisher.

truplayer199
07-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Miami is involved with just about every player on the open market, will they get them all? No. This is just pure hype and speculation. This wouldn't make any sense at all. Why would he leave to go to Miami for less money? And quite frankly I don't think Fisher cares much about starting. The thought of him going to Miami is ********. :(

robdizzle3
07-09-2010, 07:06 PM

Man I feel you big dog. Tell me your phone and Favebook notifications didnt blow up last night lol. Especially with Bandwagon fans. Fish should want this challenge and team up with Kobe. I will be mad if he goes to Miami.

Vinylman
07-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Its not about the lakers cant pay him its they dont want to pay him. since lakers have bird rights or whatever on fisher they can sign fish to whatever they want. Fisher knows this thats why he's asking for so much. he probably feels that even though he's really not worth 5 million as a player on paper he's worth it to the Lakers and deserves it for all hes done. He wants lakers to overpay for him to show they appreciate him too much to let him go. If they dont pay him what he wants he will take that possibly as an insullt and probably sign with Heat for probably minimum wage just to teach Lakers a lesson. Dont worry he will be back in LA. Im sure Kobe would probably give him part of his salary just to keep Fisher.

put down the kool aid... this is just some idiot columnist grasping at straws...

kblo247
07-09-2010, 07:11 PM

Not needed. A briefcase full of cash in a back alley works just as well (I kid) ;)

fresh prince
07-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Why Not lets all go to Miami? Everyone is doing it..

Peep my sig Quote BTW I think that sums it up.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
2 years, 7 million. Championship incentives, 5k for ever charge.

Get it done Mitch.

lakers4sho
07-09-2010, 07:54 PM

Someone is not paying attention to the news. It's called the Miami Heat Exception [ MHE ] ;)

kblo247
07-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Derek Fisher Courted by Miami Heat
28 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

The Miami Heat aren't done hunting for talent -- TMZ has learned LeBron James' new team is in hot pursuit of Los Angeles Lakers superstar Derek Fisher.

0709_derick_fisher_miami_heat_EX

Well-placed NBA sources tell TMZ ... Fisher -- who has 5 championship rings -- has been contacted by several members of the Heat organization including multiple players.

We're told Fisher -- who is a free agent -- is slated to be in Miami tomorrow to hear a pitch from Miami Heat President Pat Riley.

It's been reported that Fisher already has an offer on the table from the Lakers -- but it ain't exactly a killer deal. We'll see if the Heat have enough cash left to bring the Fish to South Beach.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/09/derek-fisher-courted-by-miami-heat-lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers/#comments-anchor

What a mother****ing day :o

Iron24th
07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
What a mother****ing day :o

I think Fish will use Miami to increase L.A's offer, then he'll re-sign like L.O did last year.

Raidaz4Life
07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
I think Fish will use Miami to increase L.A's offer, then he'll re-sign like L.O did last year.

I hope he signs with them, it will make it that much sweeter when we beat them next year. Fish is a moron, his value lies solely in the Lakers offense. He is nothing but an undersized shooting guard anywhere else.

laker2dodger
07-09-2010, 09:21 PM
If Fisher sign with them u can kiss our 3peat goodbye

Iron24th
07-09-2010, 09:22 PM
I hope he signs with them, it will make it that much sweeter when we beat them next year. Fish is a moron, his value lies solely in the Lakers offense. He is nothing but an undersized shooting guard anywhere else.

I respect your point,but I think right now you're the only Lakers fan who hope Fish signs with Miami.

TripleOcho3
07-09-2010, 09:23 PM
****!!!!!!!!!!

Raidaz4Life
07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I respect your point,but I think right now you're the only Lakers fan who hope Fish signs with Miami.

I'm sure I am because I do not have any sentimental attachment to the players. Fisher is a mediocre role player at best. He is a sub par passer for the PG position, he is a sub par shooter, he is a sub par decision maker, and he is a horrendous defender. Yes he made some big shots that definitely helped us win last year but you cannot sign a player to a 4-5 mil a dollar year contract when they are 36-37 years old simply because they hit a big shot every once in awhile. Fisher shows absolutely no in game consistency from one night to the next. You cannot go into games knowing Fisher is going to help the team win. More often then not his defense is a liability to the team's success.

I'd much rather have a player with a consistent impact on the game for the vet's minimum rather than overpaying a 2 year 9-10 mil contract to Fish because he's hit big shots for us before. I'm just saying if we resign him I am confident that half way through the season people will be bashing Fish and questioning why we resigned him, exactly like last year.

Honestly I don't mind fish, but I do mind that he is trying to milk the team for cash when Buss said ahead of time that he was looking to hopefully cut salary this offseason. And to make matters worse he starts negotiating with the Heat just to give himself leverage. Honestly that makes me sick.

showtime24
07-09-2010, 09:31 PM
fish is a laker for life

no way he'll go to the miami and join the 3 losers

albertc86
07-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm on the fence on this one. While Fisher has been great for the Lakers, he is one of the strong reasons why the Lakers do get into desperate situations. More times than not, is it not the opposition's PG torching the Lakers? He's extremely fortunate that he has hit those big shots because he kind of had to. In my opinion, the Lakers can afford to lose Fisher, if the Lakers can make another significant signing [i.e. Barnes] for cheap, and before the all-star break, packaging Luke and Sasha for a quality PG. They may struggle in the beginning but it'll be for the better in the long run.

Iron24th
07-09-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm sure I am because I do not have any sentimental attachment to the players. Fisher is a mediocre role player at best. He is a sub par passer for the PG position, he is a sub par shooter, he is a sub par decision maker, and he is a horrendous defender. Yes he made some big shots that definitely helped us win last year but you cannot sign a player to a 4-5 mil a dollar year contract when they are 36-37 years old simply because they hit a big shot every once in awhile. Fisher shows absolutely no in game consistency from one night to the next. You cannot go into games knowing Fisher is going to help the team win. More often then not his defense is a liability to the team's success.

I'd much rather have a player with a consistent impact on the game for the vet's minimum rather than overpaying a 2 year 9-10 mil contract to Fish because he's hit big shots for us before. I'm just saying if we resign him I am confident that half way through the season people will be bashing Fish and questioning why we resigned him, exactly like last year.

Honestly I don't mind fish, but I do mind that he is trying to milk the team for cash when Buss said ahead of time that he was looking to hopefully cut salary this offseason. And to make matters worse he starts negotiating with the Heat just to give himself leverage. Honestly that makes me sick.

I understand your point and partially share it, I prefer him to re-sign but only at a decent cost,if he leaves then he leaves,he's replaceable.

kblo247
07-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm on the fence on this one. While Fisher has been great for the Lakers, he is one of the strong reasons why the Lakers do get into desperate situations. More times than not, is it not the opposition's PG torching the Lakers? He's extremely fortunate that he has hit those big shots because he kind of had to. In my opinion, the Lakers can afford to lose Fisher, if the Lakers can make another significant signing [i.e. Barnes] for cheap, and before the all-star break, packaging Luke and Sasha for a quality PG. They may struggle in the beginning but it'll be for the better in the long run.

Yeah, Farmar and Brown stopped that :eyebrow:

Those 2 got lit up more than Fish and Sasha so blame it on having **** for a backup his whole second stay here.

Didn't Williams struggle against Fisher more than he did Billups, Melo, and Affalo? Didn't Nash struggle against him more than he did against Parker and Hill? Didn't Allen struggle more against him than against Orlando?

The 3 peat Fish only got killed on pick and rolls like every guard Shaq has played with so you can't bring that up.

GeraldRFord
07-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Fisher is a Laker for life. Yeah, he left for a while, but that was at the start of a big rebuild. Ever since the return, and how he's impacted the organization again, he won't leave, and the front office won't let him. Don't forget he got out of his contract to come here. This is his family's home. At his age, he's not leaving a contender he's spent his career with to go across the country to play for a team that may or may not pan out.

kblo247
07-09-2010, 10:12 PM

Being the only guy other than Kobe to up his averages on the road in the playoffs as a whole on this squad isn't a mark of being consistent now?

So in short you mind him keeping this a business thing after Buss has done the same to him in the past and generally underpaid him in relation to his other peers at his level in Fox, Horry, George, Walton, Sasha, Kwame, Cook, and Radmanovic in LA?

He is just giving the goose a taste of his own medicine and has every right to at the end of the day. By milking his decision and gaining leverage against LA he does what is best for him and his business interests, and Buss would not hesitate doing the same thing to him if he had the excuse of a poor postseason to low ball him for.

Plus do you honestly doubt that Fisher was the best PG for this team the majority of his stay here when the facts of wins and losses tell you other wise? No matter who you name be they Payton, Van Exel, or Smush sure as hell don't count as they didn't perform come the playoffs at all like Fisher has consistently done wearing the purple and gold. It may be hard to stomach because he isn't the traditional PG, but the fact is he is the best one in forum blue/gold since Magic by a landslide.

bocajr22
07-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I've been told by someone close to Fishers camp he will be signed within about 72 hours for 2 yr 6 mil ish contract (2nd year is a player option cuz he is said to not be willing to play for anyone besides PJ at the moment)...so thats good news at least, but Miami is also said to be loading up BIG TIME so let the arms race begin

robdizzle3
07-09-2010, 10:21 PM
The heat are in talks with Fish. So it says on ESPN.

laker2dodger
07-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I've been told by someone close to Fishers camp he will be signed within about 72 hours for 2 yr 6 mil ish contract (2nd year is a player option cuz he is said to not be willing to play for anyone besides PJ at the moment)...so thats good news at least, but Miami is also said to be loading up BIG TIME so let the arms race begin

PLZ LET THIS BE TRUE:pray::pray:

bocajr22
07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
This is how the league works when it comes to FA's, the agents have people in their office leak things like "in talks with" to media outlets to drive up the price of their client to the team that wants to sign them. Like i said i was told, fisher will be resigned shortly. Don't worry, Fisher wants more then the Vet Min (which is all that miami has to offer)...that is why there is a slight issue with him and the lakers right now.

Lakers211221
07-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Miami might be able to afford more because Cleveland and Toronto are supposedly now doing sign and trades for Lebron and Bosh...why are these teams helping Miami?

s2kobe
07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
hope he doesnt otherwise wow.....

kblo247
07-09-2010, 10:57 PM
"According to a source, negotiations between Fisher and the Lakers have remained positive and the team has put an offer on the table that was stronger than what's been previously reported (one year, $2.5 million)."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5368129

That is a little bit better, but it won't matter as long as the 2nd year isn't there

MJL
07-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Fisher better not, he should know better especially after he saw how Cleveland turn on LBJ.

blue bleeder09
07-09-2010, 11:20 PM
D Fisher isnt going anywhere ,belive one thing ...Derek is no sellout and he's not going to join the traveling circus ....Derek is stayn put,ucan take that to the bank....:D

lakers4sho
07-09-2010, 11:21 PM

Count me in too. That makes it me and Raidaz4Life.

Fisher would die of heart attack if he tried to run with Wade and LeBron. LOL I can't even imagine it.

I agree man. I just don't know why people can't be objective with this whole situation.

showtym24
07-09-2010, 11:35 PM

I feel for ya. I live two hours from miami and have already been bumbarded by some many bandwagon mfers.

showtym24
07-09-2010, 11:36 PM
They cant give him any more than us. If he did that he'd look like the 2nd biggest douche ever right behind lebron.

nanablvd
07-09-2010, 11:46 PM
The Lakers have saved $2million in tax due to the increase of luxury tax threshold, hopefully that helps their cause to bring Fisher back by agreeing on a common number.

lakers4sho
07-09-2010, 11:50 PM
The Lakers have saved $2million in tax due to the increase of luxury tax threshold, hopefully that helps their cause to bring Fisher back by agreeing on a common number.

I thought we are still over the LT threshold even with the adjustment? :shrug:

GREATNESS ONE
07-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Not going to Happen. Loyalty, Fish will be back. Kobe said it best "Itís not a question of if he will be back; itís a matter of when."

New Power House
07-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Not going to Happen. Loyalty, Fish will be back. Kobe said it best "Itís not a question of if he will be back; itís a matter of when."

Read this.
Source: Fisher, Riley to meet in Miami

* Email
* Print
* Comments599

By Ramona Shelburne
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

Lakers free agent point guard Derek Fisher has a meeting scheduled with Miami Heat president Pat Riley on Saturday, according to a source close to the situation.

lastname
Fisher

Fisher's preference remains to re-sign with the Lakers, but he feels the need to explore his options and listen to Riley's pitch after the Heat landed free agents LeBron James and Chris Bosh. Miami also re-signed Dwyane Wade and were rumored to be closing in on Mike Miller.

According to a source, negotiations between Fisher and the Lakers have remained positive and the team has put an offer on the table that was stronger than what's been previously reported (one year, $2.5 million). Fisher returned from a trip to China on Wednesday, but he's had several conversations with both Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and Riley.

More on the Lakers

For more news and notes on the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky brothers. Blog

The Chicago Bulls and New Jersey Nets have also expressed an interest in the five-time NBA champion.

Earlier in the week, Lakers star Kobe Bryant expressed support for Fisher, who entered the NBA with him back in 1996.

"We need to have him back, it's as simple as that," Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin at his Kobe Bryant Skills Academy on the UC Santa Barbara campus. "It's not a question of if he will be back; it's a matter of when.

"I don't care what [the cost] is. ... They need to work that out and get him back because his significance to our ballclub and to me cannot be understated."

Last week, a source close to the negotiations told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher the Lakers are confident the point guard will return to the Lakers next season.

If Fisher signs elsewhere, Steve Blake, whom the team recently signed to a four-year, $16 million contract, would replace him in the starting lineup.

Ramona Shelburne is a columnist and reporter for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

LakersChamps
07-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Take it easy guys....he is doing exactly what lamar did....he just wants more money...he is playing hard to get. He will get signed for sure. Kobe will not let him join the heat, plus they have not won Jack so until heat wins a title... We r the team to beat. Relax guys... My worry is to fill our bench with couple vets that can support the starting 5.....let's hope for the best.....

TylerSL
07-10-2010, 12:11 AM
plz keep him im a heat fan and dont want him i really hope he stays with you guys i dont even think hes worth a vet min.

xbrackattackx
07-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Would never hate Fisher, he didn't just leave us with no rings or anything and has always been our clutch guy since hes been the PG.

Iceman_9
07-10-2010, 12:18 AM
what is mitch doing these days?

LakersChamps
07-10-2010, 12:23 AM
I just read the heat thread about the deal that the three players got and James has a player option in the 3rd year so if they don't win a championship, he will jump ship again....maybe it will be lakers when we will have more money but I am not sure we want a guy like him....

Moosie Doom
07-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm sure Fish is just taking a little vacation in Florida.

Oaktown R8ers
07-10-2010, 01:02 AM
if fisher signs to the heat
he should expect the same treatment in LA

BigGuy951
07-10-2010, 01:09 AM
I wouldn't hate Fisher. He's been great for us, but i'd be really disappointed. He needs to be back in LA. He really does. Our chances of 3-peating really go down without him.

gdagreat
07-10-2010, 01:22 AM
so....lb, dw, cb all signed for about 15 mil a year a piece...chalmers makes about 1 mil...so that leaves them with about 12 mil to play with? im a little worried here as to how much theyll offer fish

LAdiablo
07-10-2010, 01:23 AM
plz keep him im a heat fan and dont want him i really hope he stays with you guys i dont even think hes worth a vet min.

:rolleyes: yeah i'm sure that band of losers wants nothing to do with an actual champion that brings home the ring.

BigGuy951
07-10-2010, 01:40 AM
If they signed 6 yr, ~110 mil deals, then they'll be gettng ~ $18,300,000 each if they're even. So they have less than that if that's true. I'm not good at this stuff so i may be wrong. Let's wait for Gr824 to clear things up haha.

Statik1
07-10-2010, 01:46 AM

LeBron signs damn better get my post count up to look like a legit Heat fan...

snspacer31
07-10-2010, 01:53 AM
mitch do the right thing... fish is a gamer, on court coach and lets not forget cold blooded... can we just give him a max deal and get it over with lol.... for real tho pay that man the money he deserves

D1JM
07-10-2010, 01:53 AM
maybe fish is being a spy

PraiseJesus
07-10-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm sure Fish is just taking a little vacation in Florida.

yea 4 sure

robdizzle3
07-10-2010, 01:55 AM

Haha. Hell yeah. I seen a couple of those guys. So many bandwagon fans, its crazy.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-10-2010, 01:55 AM

exactly what i was thinking. hes posted little responses in just about every thread trying to look like a real heat fan all of a sudden hahahahaah hilarious!

robdizzle3
07-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Ive got a question. With Lebron and Bosh signing Sign and Trades, what does that mean for their cap?

LA_Raiders
07-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Take him he sucks anyway... I dont think he will betray LA, but if he does so be it, he aint a true laker...

BrewinRamLakers
07-10-2010, 02:24 AM
I'm not worried this is more than likely just a ploy by he and his agent to get what he wants from the Lakers. Very wise!:cool:

gdagreat
07-10-2010, 02:39 AM
If they signed 6 yr, ~110 mil deals, then they'll be gettng ~ $18,300,000 each if they're even. So they have less than that if that's true. I'm not good at this stuff so i may be wrong. Let's wait for Gr824 to clear things up haha.

The Heat's two newest superstars signed matching six-year, $110.1 million contracts, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. Dwyane Wade took an even bigger discount to stay in Miami, signing for six years and $107.5 million, according to the sources.

Sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that James and Bosh are scheduled to make $14.5 million and Wade $14 million in 2010-11.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

the cap is $58 mil

silentcompany
07-10-2010, 02:51 AM
I posted this same **** yesterday and apparently the mods took it down so they could post it themselves?
:confused:

Anyways this makes perfect sense, except Fisher is looking for close to 5 million and I doubt Miami can offer him that.

StickyGreenFan
07-10-2010, 03:13 AM
I'm not worried this is more than likely just a ploy by he and his agent to get what he wants from the Lakers. Very wise!:cool:

thats exactly what i think! hes jus gonna bring that offer back and say "match it or im gone". but i really dont think lakers would let fish go to miami, i hope they know better than that

Derick713
07-10-2010, 03:26 AM
I don't see why the Heat need Fisher. They have players on the floor with good PG skills in Wade and James.

Derick713
07-10-2010, 03:28 AM
POTENTIAL

PG-Derek Fisher/
SG-Dwyane Wade/
SF-LeBron James/
PF-Chris Bosh/
SC-Shaquille O'Neal/

Anilyzer
07-10-2010, 03:34 AM
omg --- Fisher is over the freakin' hill, dudes. I mean, wouldn't it be AWESOME if we were in a playoff series, and didn't have to deal with Deron Williams, Tony Parker, Rajon Rondo etc, and if instead we had to defend against Derek Fisher?

Wouldn't that be freakin' cool? *jeez* We could let Shannon Brown, Steve Blake or even Sasha or Walton guard Fisher and it would be no problem.

And this whole idea that we need Fisher to run the offense or stay cohesive is just total BS. If the offense was running correctly, or if he was more offensively productive, then we probably wouldn't have to hit miracle shots at the end of games.

I mean, fine, Fisher is definitely a solid Laker and had some great moments in this years playoffs... but there is no way we should be all super concerned about whether he signs back or not. At some point, we'll have to have a new point guard. We all thought he was done after the 08 playoffs... done, as in completely done, lost a step, no defense, really, really bad shooting (12% in the 08 playoffs if I recall). But no, here we are, 2 years later, thinking we need to sign him for another 2 years. It doesn't matter. If he stays, maybe he can help some.

If he goes, it will freshen up the rotation, get some new blood in there. It's not like the next Finals are starting in October. We will have 82 games and all the way till next May for our new point guard(s) to get it together and start clicking.

This Fisher situation doesn't worry me AT ALL. And if he is willing to go to Miami, then I guess it really doesn't matter, if that story is true.

junion
07-10-2010, 04:08 AM
fisher is going to be a laker.... they both know it.. they're just trying to get the numbers right and both need to agree on it.

what's a good way to get yourself signed if you know you're wanted on your current team? - threaten or make it look like you might go to another team - especially a contender or a rival. then now, fisher has the upper hand - the lakers might have to give more than they were willing to pay, but it's all about negotiations. fisher doesn't really need $5mil - that's just his starting price for negotiations. same with the lakers offering $2.something mil. they are willing to go higher, but that's their starting price. the thing is - buss isn't afraid to call your bluff.

don't worry, fisher's going to stay - it's just a matter of when and how much.

this works on both sides. pat riley knows that the lakers are most likely going to be the team that the heat have to get passed. so pat riley will use the negotiation process to his advantage. threaten to take fisher, so the lakers have to give him more money - leaving less money for any other players.

source: negotiations 101.

junion
07-10-2010, 04:20 AM
kobe was "in talks with" chicago, clippers, new york
odom was "in talks with" the heat
fisher is "in talks with" the heat

this is a tool to get the power more on their side with negotiating. you knew deep inside that kobe, odom, fisher, etc were/are not going to leave.

Purple&Gold24
07-10-2010, 05:44 AM
Not only do the lakers need d.fish's leadership which is crucial to a third championship run but they need his confidence and patience through out the entire season and post-season. He's the one who calms the players down including Kobe himself. Even the mamba said it "we need him back"

The Raven
07-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Frankly id feel a little betrayed by fish if he decided to leave and sign with the Heat. In my opinion our biggest obstacle towards another championship. He has to return no qiuestion but, it appears he's playing hard ball here and seemingly is unwilling to budge. He's no way in hell worth 5 though and even fisher should know that. He's what 35 soon to be 36 so if im mitch, there's no way in hell i pay him more then 3.

MickeyMgl
07-10-2010, 08:01 AM

Fox and Horry were better players. Fisher, if anything, has been slightly overpaid through his career.

2nd best PG, wins wise? What does that mean?

Raidaz4Life
07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Being the only guy other than Kobe to up his averages on the road in the playoffs as a whole on this squad isn't a mark of being consistent now?

So in short you mind him keeping this a business thing after Buss has done the same to him in the past and generally underpaid him in relation to his other peers at his level in Fox, Horry, George, Walton, Sasha, Kwame, Cook, and Radmanovic in LA?

He is just giving the goose a taste of his own medicine and has every right to at the end of the day. By milking his decision and gaining leverage against LA he does what is best for him and his business interests, and Buss would not hesitate doing the same thing to him if he had the excuse of a poor postseason to low ball him for.

Plus do you honestly doubt that Fisher was the best PG for this team the majority of his stay here when the facts of wins and losses tell you other wise? No matter who you name be they Payton, Van Exel, or Smush sure as hell don't count as they didn't perform come the playoffs at all like Fisher has consistently done wearing the purple and gold. It may be hard to stomach because he isn't the traditional PG, but the fact is he is the best one in forum blue/gold since Magic by a landslide.

Up his 7.5 ppg and 2.5 apg off of 38% shooting? Well duhh if it got any worse than that we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?

Do you just like blowing smoke here? First off Fisher never made less than Cook so I don't know why you included him, he doesn't even belong in the conversation. Fox and Horry were experienced veterans which accounts for the extra 1-2 mil extra they made (they made about the same that Fisher made on his last contract). Devean was paid extra because he had a higher upside (which he never even hit). The same could be said about Kwame (a former number 1 pick). Walton, Sasha, and Radmon were all TERRIBLE contracts that the Lakers have been looking to bum off the past few years. So the point you're trying to make is that since Buss has handed out some bad contracts in the past he is obligated to hand one out to fisher as well? I think he is trying to avoid that and I don't blame him. We are what? 30 mil over the cap and would therefore have to pay fish's salary in luxury taxes as well so basically 10 mil a year for Derek Fisher. Do I have this right? And all because he used to make 3 mil a year when Rick Fox made 4 mil a year....

Yes I do doubt that when Van Exel and Fisher were on the same team, Van Exel was much better than Fisher, even in the playoffs. Payton may not have contributed much on the offensive end in the ONE POSTSEASON he played but he was definitely twice as good on the defensive end.

Once again I have made this point 100 times and I will make it again. You DO NOT pay players for what they've done in the past, you pay them for what you believe they can do in the future. Fisher will be 36 when the season starts, his offensive numbers have CONSISTENTLY decreased each year he has been back in LA and his defense on quicker point guards is now laughable at best. That DOES NOT warrant paying him 5 mil a year when we can replace him for a THIRD of that. If he was a more traditional point guard that ran the offense and was a playmaker I MIGHT budge on paying him what he wants, but please tell me what exactly is Fisher's role in the offense? To make open shots PERIOD. Thats it. And considering last year he shot 38% from the field and 34% from 3, that is not good enough to warrant his ridiculous demands, especially since, as i have previously stated, those numbers have been on the decline every year he has been back.

This is the perfect example of sentimental reasoning. Yes Fisher is a valuable piece to this team, but he is not irreplaceable like he is making himself out to be. From a business standpoint it makes no sense to overpay for a 36 year old tweener guard whose numbers are on the decline. There is nothing more to it.

Vinylman
07-10-2010, 10:54 AM

you are totally clueless

what do all these guys have in common

kobe
pau
bynum
artest
odom
walton
sasha

they all are under contract... AND EVERY SINGLE ****ING ONE OF THEM IS GETTING A RAISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This bull chit about cutting salaries is exactly that.... bull chit

In addition to those 7 our new backup point guard (blake) is getting an increase versus our former backup point guard (farmar).

As for your analysis of fishers contributions... :facepalm:

I now hope fisher gets a 1 year deal with the Lakers for $7 million :D

He deserves a raise just like everyone else

Vinylman
07-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Miami might be able to afford more because Cleveland and Toronto are supposedly now doing sign and trades for Lebron and Bosh...why are these teams helping Miami?

because miami is giving up 3 of their number 1s over the next 5 years... and giving toronto's theirs back and handing out massive trade exceptions.

they are helping themselves... not miami

xbrackattackx
07-10-2010, 11:05 AM
omg --- Fisher is over the freakin' hill, dudes. I mean, wouldn't it be AWESOME if we were in a playoff series, and didn't have to deal with Deron Williams, Tony Parker, Rajon Rondo etc, and if instead we had to defend against Derek Fisher?

Wouldn't that be freakin' cool? *jeez* We could let Shannon Brown, Steve Blake or even Sasha or Walton guard Fisher and it would be no problem.

And this whole idea that we need Fisher to run the offense or stay cohesive is just total BS. If the offense was running correctly, or if he was more offensively productive, then we probably wouldn't have to hit miracle shots at the end of games.

I mean, fine, Fisher is definitely a solid Laker and had some great moments in this years playoffs... but there is no way we should be all super concerned about whether he signs back or not. At some point, we'll have to have a new point guard. We all thought he was done after the 08 playoffs... done, as in completely done, lost a step, no defense, really, really bad shooting (12% in the 08 playoffs if I recall). But no, here we are, 2 years later, thinking we need to sign him for another 2 years. It doesn't matter. If he stays, maybe he can help some.

If he goes, it will freshen up the rotation, get some new blood in there. It's not like the next Finals are starting in October. We will have 82 games and all the way till next May for our new point guard(s) to get it together and start clicking.

This Fisher situation doesn't worry me AT ALL. And if he is willing to go to Miami, then I guess it really doesn't matter, if that story is true.

Yea and Fisher would shoot our faces out and be the Main reason they win, Cause Fisher does all the stuff the stat sheet doesn't show and he would instantly help the chemisty in Miami. But No Doubt Fisher will retire a laker.

Raidaz4Life
07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
you are totally clueless

what do all these guys have in common

kobe
pau
bynum
artest
odom
walton
sasha

they all are under contract... AND EVERY SINGLE ****ING ONE OF THEM IS GETTING A RAISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This bull chit about cutting salaries is exactly that.... bull chit

In addition to those 7 our new backup point guard (blake) is getting an increase versus our former backup point guard (farmar).

As for your analysis of fishers contributions... :facepalm:

I now hope fisher gets a 1 year deal with the Lakers for $7 million :D

He deserves a raise just like everyone else

The one thing all of those players have in common is that none of them are on the decline.

Vinylman
07-10-2010, 11:58 AM
The one thing all of those players have in common is that none of them are on the decline.

:facepalm:

the only ones not on the decline in that group are

pau/bynum...

quit acting so emotional to a business decision... fisher is negotiating... if he actually does leave the blame is all on mitch/buss for messing up the negotiations

btw... anyone notice how cheap anthony morrow went for? and it is reported GS is most likely not going to match....

people still think blake was a deal?

Switch
07-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Lakers free-agent point guard Derek Fisher flew to Miami on a private plane Friday night for a meeting with Heat president Pat Riley and team owner Mickey Arison Saturday afternoon.

That was the official itinerary.

When Fisher landed in Miami, a surprise meeting was added to the schedule.

LeBron James met Fisher at the airport and gave his own pitch as to why the five-time NBA champion should join forces with James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in South Florida, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

It was a short meeting, as James was at the airport and on his way to New York to attend Denver star Carmelo Anthony's wedding Saturday evening.

But James clearly went out of his way to wait for Fisher to arrive and meet with him for a few minutes.

Fisher has stated consistently that his preference was to return to the Lakers, but that he wanted to explore his options.

Negotiations between the Lakers and Fisher remain positive, according to sources close to the discussions. Still, the free-agent negotiating period began July 1, and official signings started taking place Thursday.

For more news and notes on the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky brothers. Blog

During that time Fisher has had multiple conversations with both Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and Riley.

Earlier in the week, Lakers star Kobe Bryant expressed support for Fisher, who entered the NBA with him back in 1996.

"We need to have him back, it's as simple as that," Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin at his Kobe Bryant Skills Academy on the UC Santa Barbara campus. "It's not a question of if he will be back; it's a matter of when.

"I don't care what [the cost] is. ... They need to work that out and get him back because his significance to our ballclub and to me cannot be understated."

Last week, a source close to the negotiations told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that the Lakers are confident the point guard will return to the Lakers next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5369580

KillaInstinct24
07-10-2010, 04:09 PM
this feels like catching your gal in an awkward moment meeting a guy, and you dont know if shes cheating on you or not, all you know is you dont like the looks of it lmao :laugh::laugh:

shep33
07-10-2010, 04:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5369580

KillaInstinct24
07-10-2010, 04:15 PM
if anything fisher is putting pressure on lakers FO, i dont think he wants to leave

shep33
07-10-2010, 04:18 PM
The Heat cannot offer more money then the Lakers.

nanablvd
07-10-2010, 04:32 PM
No worries, when Kobe said Fisher needs to be back whatever the cost is, we know Fisher will be back. I foresee a $7.5million 2-year deal to be agreed soon.

J4KOP99
07-10-2010, 04:44 PM
LeBron is so ****ing worried about having to take a last minute shot that he is going to attempt to bring in every clutch shooter known to man. Horry is next followed by reggie coming out of retirement.

New Power House
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I would be very disappointed if he signs with the Heat....

The can become as the team that brought a bunch of traitors to try to defeat the best team in the modern history of the NBA! Beaware Fish not get your legacy dirty like Shaq did. Money is not the answer. I hope that Buss offer is the same or more of what they can offer you,unless you are afraid or offended that the Lakers got Blake?:rolleyes: Well,Bell will sign with us in case you turn away from the team that make you be someone with your low skills. Do not dare to become EgoLebron's bunch!:mad:

DownUnder
07-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Are people seriously even considering this. Does LO last offseason ring any bells? Its just posturing to get the FO to pay him the money or nearer to the money he wants. Give Fish some credit. He's loyal, a co-captain and the FO did the right thing by his daughter. This will get done very soon.

Young$avage
07-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Fisher will be back. He's playing spy right now.

KB24PG16
07-10-2010, 06:15 PM
what money do the heat have to offer him certainly not the 2.5 mil that lakers wanted him to take

ajsulli1919
07-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi guys, long long time PSD reader and a Laker fan for life. (I'll do my proper introduction in the "introduce yourself thread.") I was searching around and found somewhere that the Heat could offer as much as $4.5 million to Fisher now that the 3 little pigs signed for a little less than the maximum. I wish to god I had that link so you guys would take me seriously as I only have a few posts on PSD. (I registered the night LeBron had that ridiculous one hour special.) I believe I fell asleep right after reading that article on my laptop in bed. I'll do a little more research and try to find that link for you guys even though I believe it's irrelevant because I do think the Lakers will do what it takes to keep him and that Fisher is more loyal than that. Do I believe the Heat will offer that much? No, I really don't. They are much more likely to sign Mike Milller and Udonis Haslem. I agree with what several other members have written that this is just a negotiation tool to get the Lakers to sweeten their offer by adding another million or so and possibly another year to the contract.

Lost Art
07-10-2010, 06:50 PM
If Fish leaves to Miami, I'm going to FLIP!!!!!!! :mad:

justinnum1
07-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I can't see how we would pay for him...we have like 4mil left to spend and it's for Udonis...so unless Fisher is willing to take the min. which i doubt, you guys will end up giving him what he wants. But if he did some to us, that would be hilarious.

BigGuy951
07-10-2010, 10:54 PM
ESPN just said the Heta can offer him up to 4.5 mil so yes, you're right ajsulli. And don't worry about your post count, as long as your points are valid and respectful, we respect your opinions here.

Vinylman
07-10-2010, 11:18 PM
I can't see how we would pay for him...we have like 4mil left to spend and it's for Udonis...so unless Fisher is willing to take the min. which i doubt, you guys will end up giving him what he wants. But if he did some to us, that would be hilarious.

don't you have bird rights on udonis,,, if so, how does he come into the equation if you just wait to sign him last? I always get confused over this issue...

gr824... a little help please :D

RidgeRaider24
07-10-2010, 11:35 PM
fish plz dont go !!!!!!!!!!!!!:pray:

nanablvd
07-10-2010, 11:42 PM
I thought we are still over the LT threshold even with the adjustment? :shrug:

The league-wide expectation of the LT threshold was $2million lower than the official amount announced by Stern a few days ago, in that sense the Lakers' expected tax was $2million off from their initial planning, an amount that may persuade Buss to meet closer to Fisher's asking price.

gr824
07-10-2010, 11:48 PM
don't you have bird rights on udonis,,, if so, how does he come into the equation if you just wait to sign him last? I always get confused over this issue...

gr824... a little help please :D

I hesitate to jump in here in regards to Pat Riley's hijinx relative to HEAT Cap space ... But, since you asked, WTH :cool::

If Haslem has been counting against their Cap all along -- i.e., Miami never renounced their rights to him in order to recoup enough Cap space to pull their shenanigans ... er, I mean, execute their big signings -- then the HEAT should have Bird rights to Udonis, which would enable them to resign him for any amount up to, and including, 'his' 'max' contract value ...

However, the vast majority of press reports I saw seemed to indicate, if not state outright, that Haslem and the rest of the HEAT roster, with the exception of Chalmers, Beasley [ before his trade ], and, perhaps, Anthony, were 'off the books' and sent packing to raise as much Cap space as possible in order to secure James, Bosh, and Wade. If Haslem was/is still the HEAT's FA, then I do not see how Miami had sufficient Cap space to spend more than $43 million on those three, plus $4-$5 million on Miller and retain Chalmers at nearly $1 million, plus [ perhaps ] 'reserve' Anthony as well [ the Cap hold relating to Haslem alone is nearly $11 million, so all those Cap-related $$$s do not fit under a Cap of $58 million and change ] ...

I have to figure that Riley renounced Haslem to get the Cap space he needed and thereby voided Bird rights relating to him. If so, the HEAT may be able to resign Haslem, though they will have to use remaining Cap space or a vet's minimum deal to do so ...

New Power House
07-10-2010, 11:51 PM

pau/bynum...

quit acting so emotional to a business decision... fisher is negotiating... if he actually does leave the blame is all on mitch/buss for messing up the negotiations

btw... anyone notice how cheap anthony morrow went for? and it is reported GS is most likely not going to match....

Blake is the real deal just becuse he is going to help our bench to be consistent. He is a leader too. He has better numbers than Fisher,but the only difference is Fisher has been always with the best and he has learned to take advantage of it. FIsher will be back,but Blake is going to help a lot this coming season. We need Bell and and a center.

RidgeRaider24
07-10-2010, 11:53 PM
fish is returning, just playing mind games with the fo

gdagreat
07-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Team president Pat Riley and owner Micky Arison met with free agent point guard Derek Fisher for three hours at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in downtown Miami on Saturday and made Fisher a "compelling" offer, an NBA source told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

According to the source, the Heat told Fisher they envision him as their starting point guard and will hold off on offers to other players while he made his decision.

Riley declined to comment to The AP on Saturday.

The Heat face competition for Fisher's services from the Los Angeles Lakers, Fisher's team for the past three seasons.

Sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne that the Lakers have made a second offer to Fisher, stronger than the one-year, $2.5 million deal that was originally reported.

so the lakers made a second offer....and heat are going strong after him.

MJL
07-11-2010, 02:44 AM
It's all about "money", there is no so called "loyalty" in NBA, which is a business. Fisher knows he is on his last contract, so he want more money and long term.
But if you recall last regular season, Fish didn't play well at all and getting old in front of our eyes. His shooting percentage has drop a lot. What helped Fisher's stock is his playoff performance. But when a player showing he is sliding, one year older could be huge factor. If he went to Heat, I don't think he will start. Mike Miller will start for the Heat.
If we lose him, I don't think it's a lost that we can't over come, losing Fisher to Heat bother me more than losing Fisher to any other team. I believe it's a "comfort" factor to Kobe to have Fisher around. But things will worked out.
I predict Fisher will come back to Lakers, unless Heat throwing big money to him...So, there is no Loyalty in NBA.

MJL
07-11-2010, 03:01 AM
Up his 7.5 ppg and 2.5 apg off of 38% shooting? Well duhh if it got any worse than that we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?

Do you just like blowing smoke here? First off Fisher never made less than Cook so I don't know why you included him, he doesn't even belong in the conversation. Fox and Horry were experienced veterans which accounts for the extra 1-2 mil extra they made (they made about the same that Fisher made on his last contract). Devean was paid extra because he had a higher upside (which he never even hit). The same could be said about Kwame (a former number 1 pick). Walton, Sasha, and Radmon were all TERRIBLE contracts that the Lakers have been looking to bum off the past few years. So the point you're trying to make is that since Buss has handed out some bad contracts in the past he is obligated to hand one out to fisher as well? I think he is trying to avoid that and I don't blame him. We are what? 30 mil over the cap and would therefore have to pay fish's salary in luxury taxes as well so basically 10 mil a year for Derek Fisher. Do I have this right? And all because he used to make 3 mil a year when Rick Fox made 4 mil a year....

Yes I do doubt that when Van Exel and Fisher were on the same team, Van Exel was much better than Fisher, even in the playoffs. Payton may not have contributed much on the offensive end in the ONE POSTSEASON he played but he was definitely twice as good on the defensive end.

Once again I have made this point 100 times and I will make it again. You DO NOT pay players for what they've done in the past, you pay them for what you believe they can do in the future. Fisher will be 36 when the season starts, his offensive numbers have CONSISTENTLY decreased each year he has been back in LA and his defense on quicker point guards is now laughable at best. That DOES NOT warrant paying him 5 mil a year when we can replace him for a THIRD of that. If he was a more traditional point guard that ran the offense and was a playmaker I MIGHT budge on paying him what he wants, but please tell me what exactly is Fisher's role in the offense? To make open shots PERIOD. Thats it. And considering last year he shot 38% from the field and 34% from 3, that is not good enough to warrant his ridiculous demands, especially since, as i have previously stated, those numbers have been on the decline every year he has been back.

This is the perfect example of sentimental reasoning. Yes Fisher is a valuable piece to this team, but he is not irreplaceable like he is making himself out to be. From a business standpoint it makes no sense to overpay for a 36 year old tweener guard whose numbers are on the decline. There is nothing more to it.

I agree with your points, Fisher's regular season was poor and decline every year. His playoff shooting percentage was not good also, but he did make some big shots...Remember almost everyone here want to get rid of Fisher during the regular season? Are those big shot will be there again when he is 36 years old?

mstrdrk
07-11-2010, 03:08 AM
I just can't believe Fisher will leave with his long-term ties to the Lakers and Kobe. His agent is the same as Kobe's. I think he wants to retire as a Laker. That said, any chance he's a decoy to take the Heat's attention away from some other players they might add, and give the Lakers time to negotiate with those guys..whoever they may be?

bolts4ever
07-11-2010, 03:27 AM
I really hope fisher doesnt leave but IF HE DOES

I would really look into this deal

Sasha+ Walton+ draft picks= Turgolu and Jarrett Jack( I believe Raps are trying to get rid of salary)

again I hope Fisher doest leave!!! but you gotta be prepared

PraiseJesus
07-11-2010, 03:36 AM
why did mitch try to nickel and dime fish?

IT was insulting to throw all that cash at Steve Blake and then lowball fish

Angels4Ever
07-11-2010, 03:51 AM
The "watched Fisher unravel before our eyes" comment is a load of b.s.
He is the only player on the Lakers to play and start all 82 games and his playoff numbers were better this past season than past seasons. His locker room presence and his clutch play in tight games is better than any other player on the team besides Kobe. He means a lot more than a low PPG average. If you think Fisher is meaningless, you know very little and are a fairweather Lakers fan.

MickeyMgl
07-11-2010, 04:44 AM
kobe
pau
bynum
artest
odom
walton
sasha

Are you talking about salary increases negotiated when each of these players signed? 'Cause not all of them would be getting a raise if it was negotiated today. Lamar had to take his paycut already.

Blake is more likely going to be the new starter, and that's a paycut off the previous starter (Fisher) whom Blake is better than.

MickeyMgl
07-11-2010, 04:47 AM

pau/bynum...

You think Bynum wouldn't have to take a paycut if he were negotiating right now?

MickeyMgl
07-11-2010, 04:56 AM

Insulting how? Blake is a better player.

BrewinRamLakers
07-11-2010, 04:59 AM
I'm pretty sure still that this is all negotiations.

PraiseJesus
07-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Insulting how? Blake is a better player.

Blake has proven nothing to me.

Fisher is a great player and an even better person. After all he has done for this franchise he deserves more respect.

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 06:26 AM

Fisher is a great player and an even better person. After all he has done for this franchise he deserves more respect.

If Blake gets paid more than Fisher, its cool to me, but the way the Lakers offered, Fisher would make half of what Blake is making and that was a slap in the face. He shouldnt be that far from what Blake makes. We have to have him back. I dont care if its a starter or a reserve, but we need this guy.

BrewinRamLakers
07-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Just get it done already so we can all enjoy the off-season.

Raidaz4Life
07-11-2010, 08:38 AM

Blake performed better last year and is 5 years younger, there is absolutely no reason Blake should not be making more than Fisher.

Raidaz4Life
07-11-2010, 08:44 AM

pau/bynum...

Odom and Artest already took large pay cuts to stay here so I don't see why you included them. Walton would definitely be taking a pay cut if he was negotiating today as would Sasha and most likely Bynum. I really don't see where you were going with that point to begin with.

Acting emotional? I'm not the one that wishes to overpay on a 36 year old "PG" because he made a couple of opportune 3 point shots in the past now am I? Like I said I am looking at this from a business standpoint and there is no reason to keep derek fisher.

stud2885
07-11-2010, 10:49 AM
My thoughts: If it's about a few mil (1 or 2) or whatever it is, somebody needs to man up and throw the dude a bone :cough: Kobe :cough:

tedthewalrus
07-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Odom and Artest already took large pay cuts to stay here so I don't see why you included them. Walton would definitely be taking a pay cut if he was negotiating today as would Sasha and most likely Bynum. I really don't see where you were going with that point to begin with.

Acting emotional? I'm not the one that wishes to overpay on a 36 year old "PG" because he made a couple of opportune 3 point shots in the past now am I? Like I said I am looking at this from a business standpoint and there is no reason to keep derek fisher.

I hear what your saying about Fisher being old and only making a few great shots, however you also have to think about the leadership role and the team chemistry that he brings to the team. Kobe and him have been through alot together and they both have openly admitted they love working together. I think that's an important aspect to hold a championship team together. As for the money, no we should over pay him and if he thinks he's going to get a better deal finishing up his career in Miami then let him walk, there's not much we can do about it. I think it would definately be a mistake on his part though because he'd be leaving behind great opportunity for a 3-peat and to be honest i think he already knows this and will come back to our team in the end.

Vinylman
07-11-2010, 11:20 AM

exactly...

Raidaz4Life
07-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I hear what your saying about Fisher being old and only making a few great shots, however you also have to think about the leadership role and the team chemistry that he brings to the team. Kobe and him have been through alot together and they both have openly admitted they love working together. I think that's an important aspect to hold a championship team together. As for the money, no we should over pay him and if he thinks he's going to get a better deal finishing up his career in Miami then let him walk, there's not much we can do about it. I think it would definately be a mistake on his part though because he'd be leaving behind great opportunity for a 3-peat and to be honest i think he already knows this and will come back to our team in the end.

I do agree that is where Fisher's value lies but what kind of example is he setting right now by trying to clean out the front office and when they don't give in to his ridiculous demands, going to negotiate with the heat. What kind of leader is he being for the other guys?

If you guys will recall, Ariza did the same exact thing with us last year, remember? He had a couple of big playoff plays that helped us win in big games and then demanded quite a bit of money from the FO and we didn't budge. Look how that turned out for him.

tedthewalrus
07-11-2010, 11:46 AM

I hear what your saying about Fisher being old and only making a few great shots, however you also have to think about the leadership role and the team chemistry that he brings to the team. Kobe and him have been through alot together and they both have openly admitted they love working together. I think that's an important aspect to hold a championship team together. As for the money, no we shouldn't over pay him and if he thinks he's going to get a better deal finishing up his career in Miami then let him walk, there's not much we can do about it. I think it would definately be a mistake on his part though because he'd be leaving behind great opportunity for a 3-peat and to be honest i think he already knows this and will come back to our team in the end.

Raidaz4Life
07-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I hear what your saying about Fisher being old and only making a few great shots, however you also have to think about the leadership role and the team chemistry that he brings to the team. Kobe and him have been through alot together and they both have openly admitted they love working together. I think that's an important aspect to hold a championship team together. As for the money, no we shouldn't over pay him and if he thinks he's going to get a better deal finishing up his career in Miami then let him walk, there's not much we can do about it. I think it would definately be a mistake on his part though because he'd be leaving behind great opportunity for a 3-peat and to be honest i think he already knows this and will come back to our team in the end.

Thats all I'm saying. I definitely think we should make an effort to bring him back but I don't think we should cripple ourselves by giving him the 2 year 10 mil contract he is asking for. I am in the minority that feels he has little value outside of this team and I don't think he understands that.

gr824
07-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I really hope fisher doesnt leave but IF HE DOES

I would really look into this deal

Sasha+ Walton+ draft picks= Turgolu and Jarrett Jack( I believe Raps are trying to get rid of salary)

again I hope Fisher doest leave!!! but you gotta be prepared

Does not work as a salary match for trading purposes and certainly is not 'fair' [ to Toronto ] as a talent swap [ depends to a degree on the picks involved I suppose :shrug: ]. Walton for Jack actually makes the Raptors' payroll commitments a bit worse, although getting rid of Turkoglu's horrific contract would be a plus for them indeed ...

lakers4sho
07-11-2010, 11:54 AM
I just don't get how you guys are calling it 'lowballing' Fisher. He is not worth more than 2.5 million in terms of basketball capabilities. Like Raidaz was pointing out, Fisher's numbers are declining every year, and don't even mention his physical capability to keep up with the guards that are getting more athletic every year.

If you guys want to talk about leadership, which is entirely cool and I think is needed, why wouldn't Fisher accept an assistant coaching position? THAT, I think, would give him a better outlet of being an emotional leader that he makes himself to be. Play one more year, and then be an assistant. Because honestly I cannot see him playing more basketball after this year.

That being said, I think Fisher is just trying to play hardball, delaying his decision until Mitch and/or Jerry Buss decides to give in to his demands.

Vinylman
07-11-2010, 12:05 PM
i am glad i understand derek fisher's value to this team and more importantly kobe...

those that don't .... i feel sorry for you

and thats all i will say on the subject

MJL
07-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Remember, NBA doesn't pay for the past performance, NBA pay for the projected future performance period. The projection can be different view by every GM, but age is a hard number no GM view it differently!
Sure, those leadership, comforting factor for Kobe will all be evaluated, but again, NBA is a business not only to players, but also same to all NBA teams...It's the value of the player(i pad) and how much it means for the team (parent) also how much noise Kobe (favorite kid) make!

RoyalG333
07-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't mind losing Fisher...to any team except the Heat and Celtics! Give the man a 1 year deal. He is a proven Champ and I think the Laker FO understands that Fish has been a part of the last 5 rings for the organization. I think in the end he stays, I believe Fish is just meeting the heat to try to come up with some leverage for the Lakers FO.

lakers4sho
07-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Give the man a 1 year deal.

That's what the Lakers originally offered him :shrug:

timebandit
07-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I've been to the moon 20 years ago! What the hell you worried about!!!

RoyalG333
07-11-2010, 02:21 PM
That's what the Lakers originally offered him :shrug:

then offer him 2 :)

FeLted24
07-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Fish is perfect for Miami, doesn't need the ball n hits clutch shots...which is also why he's perfect with the lakers (in the playoffs) so he'll be back...plus his daughter I assume is still being treated in LA which he won't want to change..and he's up there in nba age and isn't going to move across the States when he has everything in LA..

KB24PG16
07-11-2010, 02:46 PM
fishers gets mad when the lakers offer him 2.5 mil and now he is "compelled" by vet min :laugh2:

TripleOcho3
07-11-2010, 03:13 PM
fishers gets mad when the lakers offer him 2.5 mil and now he is "compelled" by vet min :laugh2:

Apparently the offer is for around $3.6M.

Prob all their cap room after Miller. Apx $3.6. RT @dopeness3030: Larry any details on Fish? any details on the offer MIA gave him?

Larry Coon Twitter (http://twitter.com/LarryCoon/status/18288607031)

nanablvd
07-11-2010, 03:13 PM
I cannot imagine Fisher will abandon his chance of an integral member a three-peat dynasty team. I am optimistic that they will agree on a common number eventually.

lakers4sho
07-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Apparently the offer is for around $3.6M.

Larry Coon Twitter (http://twitter.com/LarryCoon/status/18288607031)

Then how are they signing Udonis Haslem?

LALakersKC
07-11-2010, 03:37 PM
If Fisher bails, we'll need another "clutch" player

TripleOcho3
07-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Then how are they signing Udonis Haslem?

They'll probably have to choose Fisher or Haslem. I doubt Haslem comes back for the vet min...

LAdiablo
07-11-2010, 04:27 PM
If Fisher bails, we'll need another "clutch" player

problem is they don't exactly grow on trees

lake100
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Fisher is going nowhere other than the Lakers.....media just making drama as always.:cool:

lakers4sho
07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
They'll probably have to choose Fisher or Haslem. I doubt Haslem comes back for the vet min...

plus they have about another 5-6 roster spots to fill after that :cool:

Raidaz4Life
07-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I think most of you guys are underrating the amount of cap space that Miami has

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-11-2010, 06:12 PM
If Fisher leaves I'll be shocked!

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
If Fisher leaves I'll be shocked!

Agreed. I would be really upset. Yeah, I understand why he's going to take meetings with other teams, but if he actually signs with them, I would be upset. Especially if the dollars are close to what we offered.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-11-2010, 06:39 PM
you guys would just ridicule him, regardless of what he's done for your franchise

8kobe24
07-11-2010, 06:55 PM
you guys would just ridicule him, regardless of what he's done for your franchise

Relax, not all Laker fans are like that. Some of us know how to appreciate what a player like DFish brings to the team.

robdizzle3
07-11-2010, 07:02 PM

Nobody is gonna ridicule anybody. he comes back to LA, he wont get booed, at least not by me, but I cant lie, I would be upset if he signed with Miami, but only if the dollar amount was close to what we offered, which is normal.

Dirty4
07-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I think most of you guys are underrating the amount of cap space that Miami has

No, we're not. They have $3.6M after Miller signs. They are targeting Fisher and Haslem. Something's got to give.

TripleOcho3
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
plus they have about another 5-6 roster spots to fill after that :cool:

True, that's why I don't understand their pursuit of Fisher. It could just be Fisher's way of turning his Laker negotiations in his favor.

LAdiablo
07-12-2010, 12:37 AM

think you have us confused w bahstan. not sure why. even craq gets a nice ovation at staples. really i can't think of a former player we boo

Expert327
07-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Already have Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Mike Miller. D Fish is next!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVyvrgqVi8

Miami NWO 4 Life!

Avenged
07-12-2010, 12:48 AM

Miami NWO 4 Life!

Good luck. :)

Mave1002
07-12-2010, 12:55 AM

Miami NWO 4 Life!

Plus Chalmers... Congratulations, you now have 5 players in total. :D

PGLakers
07-12-2010, 12:58 AM
True, that's why I don't understand their pursuit of Fisher. It could just be Fisher's way of turning his Laker negotiations in his favor.

i am sure lakers know what miami is capable of offering. it takes a lot of play mind games with buss...and hez pretty stubborn too...i am sure fisher knows what he is dealing wiht.

Expert327
07-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Plus Chalmers... Congratulations, you now have 5 players in total. :D

Big Z, Jerry Stackhouse, Juwan Howard, Joel Anthony, and Udonis Haslem are all interested in joining the party as well.

Don't worry. The party is just getting started. :cool:

Avenged
07-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Big Z, Jerry Stackhouse, Juwan Howard, Joel Anthony, and Udonis Haslem are all interested in joining the party as well.

Don't worry. The party is just getting started. :cool:

We're trembling in fear.

:)

MJL
07-12-2010, 03:13 AM
I don't mind losing Fisher...to any team except the Heat and Celtics! Give the man a 1 year deal. He is a proven Champ and I think the Laker FO understands that Fish has been a part of the last 5 rings for the organization. I think in the end he stays, I believe Fish is just meeting the heat to try to come up with some leverage for the Lakers FO.

That is the problem, Laker offer one year, but Fish wants 2 years contract.

MJL
07-12-2010, 03:20 AM
To stack up the chips on negotiation with Lakers by visiting Miami...Then I won't be surprised if Fish visit Boston Celtics on his way back to LA.
He knows how to piss off Buss!

BigGuy951
07-12-2010, 03:29 AM
We're trembling in fear.

:)

:laugh:

XerxestheGreat
07-12-2010, 03:48 AM
Was this posted? It's good news..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArbwpvQ4.luW_COwIMbBnmC8vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz071110

XerxestheGreat
07-12-2010, 04:10 AM

Don't worry. The party is just getting started.

Party to this:

Miami 23 years 1 Championship
Lakers 64 years 16 Championships

you can buy players but you can't buy tradition. The Heat will always be second tier.

Sorry buddy...:moon:

MickeyMgl
07-12-2010, 07:38 AM

That's fine, but he has proven himself to the rest of the NBA, and people paying attention.

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 07:47 AM
nvm

Citanoxeno
07-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Let him go at some point we have to move on. Blake was going to be the starter anyway

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Fisher will be back soon!!

Free-agent guard Derek Fisher(notes) spent some time considering an offer to join Dwyane Wade(notes), LeBron James(notes), and Chris Bosh(notes) with the Miami Heat but Yahoo! Sports Marc J. Spears has it from his sources that Fisher is going to rejoin the Los Angeles Lakers, where he's spent all but three of his 13 seasons in the league.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Derek-Fisher-saying-no-to-Heat?urn=nba,255331&utm_source=bleacherreport.com

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Glad that's over with, maybe we will get lucky and the FO will be able to a pull a Bell or McGrady off now.

lakers4sho
07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
for how much?

Vinylman
07-12-2010, 12:29 PM
for how much?

hopefully he got a **** load...

**** buss and **** mitch

8kobe24
07-12-2010, 12:34 PM
hopefully he got a **** load...

**** buss and **** mitch

^LOL.

Nice to hear that Dfish will most likely be back. I'm thinking that 2nd offer the Lakers made may have done it. Dfish pulled an LO and scared the Lakers.

socalpkrbkr
07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Source: yahoo.com (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post)

Free-agent guard Derek Fisher spent some time considering an offer to join Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh with the Miami Heat, but Yahoo! Sports' Marc J. Spears reports that Fisher is going to remain with the Los Angeles Lakers, where he's spent all but three of his 13 seasons in the league.

Spears reports that Fisher got a $2.5 million offer from L.A. He had been wanting a two-year offer that would make him around what he got last year: $5 million annually.

Due to the Heat's recent overstuffing of the salary, they would only be able to give Fisher the veteran's minimum. Looks like he's not willing to give up the dough to go play with Bosh, James and Wade.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508676