PDA

View Full Version : Giving Chris Bosh the Max Contract

lakerfan3118
07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
...so how long before chris bosh's max contract becomes somewhat of a headache? by far the third most valuable asset guy of the trio, his averages are going to go down significantly by the end of this season. rebounds will most certainly go down; he'll probably have to sacrifice scoring as well. strictly in a dollars and cents perspective, he won't be worth the amount owed to him; that is, his market value will never be as high as it is now.

given the fact that the Heat are sacrificing depth to pay him what could be an over-inflated salary, when will Bosh not be worth what his contract demands?

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
It wont be long.

It sucks for him because hes a very good player. The problem is hes the "Weakest Link" out of Destiny's Child. Hes basically Michelle Williams, while Beyonce & Kelly hog the spotlight. So if anything goes wrong, they're going to blame Michelle.

BOSTON617
07-09-2010, 03:44 PM
It wont be long.

It sucks for him because hes a very good player. The problem is hes the "Weakest Link" out of Destiny's Child. Hes basically Michelle Williams, while Beyonce & Kelly hog the spotlight. So if anything goes wrong, they're going to blame Michelle.

haha love the comparison!!!!!!!! def true not to long before beyonce wants all the spotlight and reqs a trade to ny

MaHaRaJaH
07-09-2010, 03:44 PM
...so how long before chris bosh's max contract becomes somewhat of a headache? by far the third most valuable asset guy of the trio, his averages are going to go down significantly by the end of this season. rebounds will most certainly go down; he'll probably have to sacrifice scoring as well. strictly in a dollars and cents perspective, he won't be worth the amount owed to him; that is, his market value will never be as high as it is now.

given the fact that the Heat are sacrificing depth to pay him what could be an over-inflated salary, when will Bosh not be worth what his contract demands?

Based on what logic? You assume Dwade's numbers and Lebrons number will stay the same, when infact it will definitely be one of Lebron or Wade's numbers going down. Bosh can more or less maintain his numbers since offense is traditionally through the bigs, you do remember he is a power forward right?

kjoke
07-09-2010, 03:45 PM
bosh is the reason all 3 chose miami he deseves the max just for that, plus no matter how many points he puts up, hell demand a man on him

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 03:48 PM
haha love the comparison!!!!!!!! def true not to long before beyonce wants all the spotlight and reqs a trade to ny

This.

LeBeyonce eventually will go solo and join up with Jay-Z.

Bryrob58
07-09-2010, 04:13 PM
This.

LeBeyonce eventually will go solo and join up with Jay-Z.

First things first... Love the sig.

To OP: Garnett doesn't put up the numbers he used to, he's older, and has no knees, but nobody in Boston has a major problem with his contract. This isn't a big deal, all that matters are W's. All 3 should be able to average more than 20 ppg, but if Bosh only averages about 17 or so, is that really a big enough deal to say "boo, get rid of his contract"?

Sly Guy
07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
if LeBron is the Beyonce of that group, wouldn't that explain why he and Jay-Z make such a happy couple? I'm just sayin'

lakerfan3118
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Based on what logic? You assume Dwade's numbers and Lebrons number will stay the same, when infact it will definitely be one of Lebron or Wade's numbers going down. Bosh can more or less maintain his numbers since offense is traditionally through the bigs, you do remember he is a power forward right?

first off...where exactly did i assume this?

i'm perfectly well aware all of their numbers will collectively will go down, yes. but if i had to put money on someone taking a significant impact as far as statistical quality of play is concerned, its going to be Bosh. i'm not expecting his numbers to completely fall of the chart, but as a lakers fan myself, i'm perfectly well aware of former all stars ala Ron Artest or even Lamar Odom joining the team and failing to match their statistical seasons of even a few years ago. considering the Heat are paying Bosh the max contract, and their going to be in tenous financial straits for quite some times, isn't this just a tad bit nervous?

lakerfan3118
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
First things first... Love the sig.

To OP: Garnett doesn't put up the numbers he used to, he's older, and has no knees, but nobody in Boston has a major problem with his contract. This isn't a big deal, all that matters are W's.

true, but we're talking about a financial situation that has never before been seen, where virtually all of the cap space available is being divided over just three players. these max contracts ultimately matter, and the problem with assembling such a team is that ultimately, the worth of these superstars when they play together may diminish; a grim reality considering the team is sacrificing so much depth down the line.

dtmagnet
07-09-2010, 05:12 PM
He'll be like JO near the end of the deal since they both have knee troubles.

TheWrightStuff5
07-09-2010, 05:16 PM
All the players are going to have to make sacrifices in some way. Bron's scoring might dip while his assts. might go up. Wade's assts. might drop some too, while his scoring should be constant. In almost any environment, especially in a team oriented sport, the more stars you have someone's numbers will inevitably drop. That doesn't change the fact that a player is a superior talent. Anyway, it will be evident how worthy Bosh is on a night when Wade and Bron don't have "it" and it's up to Bosh to carry them. Plus, like someone said it's not like you will be able to cheat off Bosh and stop Bron from driving to the basket cuz if you do Bosh is gonna **** on you.

ldc62
07-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Hes more of a max player than Amare but I hope both teams suck... gotta cheer for the Bulls now.