PDA

View Full Version : Definition of a Quitter?

Poo-Diddy
07-09-2010, 02:52 PM
I've seen so many people state "LBJ gave Cleveland 7 years to surround him with a title contender and it didn't happen"

I couldn't disagree more

How can you say Cleveland had 7 years to surround lbj with a contender and it didn't happen?

They surrounded him with enough talent to make the finals 1 year, lbj couldn't rise to the occasion and got swept on his azz.

The past 2 years lbj was surrounded with enough talent to produce 2 60 win seasons and top seeds in the east only to watch lbj fail in the playoffs again.

LBJ then decided to quit as a failure in Cleveland.

For comparison sake think about this,

MJ didn't quit when he came up short in back to back seasons against Detroit in 89 and 90...

MJ didn't collude with Bird and Magic to make a superteam to try to get a ring.

No the Bulls gave Jordan role players for the 90-91 season
The mighty Dennis Hopson, Cliff Levingston and Scott Williams were the 3 new players on the Bulls

Like a real man MJ took those 3 pieces he got and elevated his game and his team to overcome and sweep the Piston's on their azz and steam roll to a title he could call his own and something He truly earned..

LBJ your decision to quit on Cleveland is excactly what it is...

You gave "blood, sweat and tears" but in the end quit and took the easy way out rather than pushing yourself to new heights...

LBJ my friend, you are the definition of a quiter....

Lvsess1
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I agree totally

The Raven
07-09-2010, 03:34 PM
He quit on that team and booked it first chance he got

ldc62
07-09-2010, 03:36 PM
So now we all agree with Skip Bayless... the same people who called him an idiot...

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 03:36 PM
thread fail

MaHaRaJaH
07-09-2010, 03:39 PM
so now we all agree with skip bayless... The same people who called him an idiot...

+1

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2010, 03:41 PM
You think a starting 5 of Ilgauskas, Gooden, LBJ, Hughes and Gibson was good enough of a talent to win a title? Going to the finals with that team should be an achievement in itself.

borat
07-09-2010, 03:44 PM
The Cavs had the best record last year. They designed that team so Lebron could shine and handpicked guys that would fit in to supporting roles. It worked in the regular season. Not their fault Lebron and the team choked come playoff time. Lebron didn't simply just want a chance to "win" He wanted the easiest chance to win.

Poo-Diddy
07-09-2010, 03:56 PM
The Cavs had the best record last year. They designed that team so Lebron could shine and handpicked guys that would fit in to supporting roles. It worked in the regular season. Not their fault Lebron and the team choked come playoff time. Lebron didn't simply just want a chance to "win" He wanted the easiest chance to win.

"Lebron didn't simply just want a chance to "win" He wanted the easiest chance to win."

Excactly,

Simple and to the point.

Switch
07-09-2010, 03:57 PM
For all the people who say LeBron wasn't surrounded by talent, your wrong! Cleavland had the best record last season. To say LeBron wasn't surrounded by talent is ridiculous. So stop withe the "LeBron had no one" crap because he did have 2 other all stars on his team and his team did have the best record. If your looking to blame someone, blame LeBron, he quit on his team. LeBron is the definition of a quitter.

P-O-Z
07-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Bron isn't the GOAT, and doesnt care to be. He wants to win as many championships as possible.

Bron isn't taking the "Kobe approach" to this, and trying to do whatever he can to surpass MJ's legacy. He's doing whatever he can to win and create his own legacy. The more he wins, the better his legacy will get, and he knows that winning is what matters, not scoring 35 ppg for a season, or having 81 point games.

P-O-Z
07-09-2010, 03:59 PM
For all the people who say LeBron wasn't surrounded by talent, your wrong! Cleavland had the best record last season. To say LeBron wasn't surrounded by talent is ridiculous. So stop withe the "LeBron had no one" crap because he did have 2 other all stars on his team and his team did have the best record. If your looking to blame someone, blame LeBron, he quit on his team. LeBron is the definition of a quitter.

lol at hickson being the future THEY COULD HAVE HAD AMARE .

XDanny
07-09-2010, 04:00 PM
he's going for the rings. which last time i heard was the point of the game...

HouRealCoach
07-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Lebron quit because he was tired of the coach's video game style of play 1 on 5... This isnt Live 07, HE didnt match up with the Celts right andhe made dumb decisions... They did fire the coach but Lebron was already fed up with it and saw a better opportunity

HouRealCoach
07-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Bron isn't the GOAT, and doesnt care to be. He wants to win as many championships as possible.

Bron isn't taking the "Kobe approach" to this, and trying to do whatever he can to surpass MJ's legacy. He's doing whatever he can to win and create his own legacy. The more he wins, the better his legacy will get, and he knows that winning is what matters, not scoring 35 ppg for a season, or having 81 point games.

+1 soon they will have the "Lebron Approach"

HouRealCoach
07-09-2010, 04:04 PM

He did have a team but the coach didnt make the right decisions

numba1CHANGsta
07-09-2010, 04:11 PM
He quit in the playoffs..

soonabooma
07-09-2010, 04:11 PM
The difference in Kobe and Lebron is that Kobe is a winner, Lebron is not. Kobe had the guts to continue on even in an unfavorable situation to try to help bring the Lakers back to greatness after the first dynasty was over. He has the heart of a champion. Do you honestly think Kobe Bryant cares about stats? He could care less. He wants to win and he wants to win as a true leader the way Jordan did. Bryant is not on a mission to try to surpass MJ, he's on a mission to accomplish as much as he possibly can, if he ends up with more titles than MJ, then so be it. But love him or hate him, he's a champion, he's a winner. And that is something LeDouche will never be. He just threw away any chance he ever had at being in the same league as MJ and Kobe becuz he's a spoiled, immature little brat.

It makes us appreciate having Kevin Durant here even more. He's OUR Jordan, and he's gonna lead us to great things, THE RIGHT WAY.

dnl123
07-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Jordan quit a bunch of times but he called it "retirement" haha, and he was still better than Kobe or Lebron by far....I find that hilarious.

PBG
07-09-2010, 04:13 PM

how do you create your own legacy with 2 other SUPER STARS on your team?

imo, it seems that james and bosh both have no idea on what it takes to actually win a championship, so they just take the easy road out.

lorenz00
07-09-2010, 04:14 PM
You think a starting 5 of Ilgauskas, Gooden, LBJ, Hughes and Gibson was good enough of a talent to win a title? Going to the finals with that team should be an achievement in itself.

thats the point.. he had poor supporting cast at that time and they went to the finals. the past 2 years he has had a better supporting cast and quitted.

Human FlameShld
07-09-2010, 04:15 PM
He fulfilled his contract and left he did not quit. He went somewhere he feels is a better opportunity for him. The only person he owes anything to is himself and his loved one's. A quitter does not take less money to do what they believe is going to improve their life.

No offense intended but this stuff is getting ridiculous and pathetic.

Kashmir13579
07-09-2010, 04:16 PM
i hope he never wins. even if he does get a ring on the heat. nobody will consider him to be great. the king is over.

koLohe2133
I've seen so many people state "LBJ gave Cleveland 7 years to surround him with a title contender and it didn't happen"

I couldn't disagree more

How can you say Cleveland had 7 years to surround lbj with a contender and it didn't happen?

They surrounded him with enough talent to make the finals 1 year, lbj couldn't rise to the occasion and got swept on his azz.

The past 2 years lbj was surrounded with enough talent to produce 2 60 win seasons and top seeds in the east only to watch lbj fail in the playoffs again.

MJ didn't quit when he came up short in back to back seasons against Detroit in 89 and 90...

The mighty Dennis Hopson, Cliff Levingston and Scott Williams were the 3 new players on the Bulls

Like a real man MJ took those 3 pieces he got and elevated his game and his team to overcome and sweep the Piston's on their azz and steam roll to a title he could call his own and something He truly earned..

You gave "blood, sweat and tears" but in the end quit and took the easy way out rather than pushing yourself to new heights...

x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000:cl ap:

couldnt have said it better myself

magichatnumber9
Skip Bayless is a profit from above.

thescore53
07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
vince carter. atleast lebron honored his contract

bedelato2
07-09-2010, 04:23 PM
As a LeBron fan I respect his decision. He did what was best for himself and his family. As far as his legacy goes how the **** are we even in a position to say that. Everyone is saying its DWADE's team. Hes going to be the man. In my honest opinion DWADE has nothing to loose from this. Lebron is the best player in the game today (arguably), and still is LeBron james. What if they all went to a different team? Still same scenerio? Since everyone think Dwade is going to lead I ask you this question....If this experiment team doesnt work (meaning no titles) who is everyone on hear going to bash? who is the media going to point the finger at?....Ill give you hit not the supposedly "Leader" of Miami. Dwade has nothing to loose and everything to gain from this. Lebron has everything to loose, and very little to gain. People are seriously bitter for this decision. Stop the threads and watch the 2010-2011 NBA season and see how this all plays out.

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 04:26 PM

I couldn't disagree more

I agree. Lebron just couldn't get it done. How the hell to you have the best record and not make the finals. Two years in a row. Signs point to Lebron. Hes not able to carry a team on his back when they needed him too. Thats why he jouined the heat cause he can't carry a team on his back. He needs Wade. Wade has proven he can. Not Lebron.

PHX2daDEATH
07-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Not only is Lebron a quitter..he's a follower too..

nanablvd
07-09-2010, 04:27 PM

I couldn't disagree more

If Lebron doesnt want to win he wouldnt have made the decision to join Wade and Bosh, so I am interested to know what happened in Cleveland that caused him to quit in the Boston series that culminated with his decision to leave his hometown. How about Dan Gilbert writes a book called "Last Season", like what Phil did to Kobe?

LakersWinAgain
07-09-2010, 04:28 PM

Your words couldn't have rung truer. Bron definitely isn't taking the "Kobe approach". The "Kobe approach" is about winning rings. Bron is not taking the "Kobe Approach". Kobe is about a solid work ethic. Bron is not taking the "Kobe Approach". Kobe is about thriving under pressure. Bron is absolutely NOT taking the "Kobe Approach". The problem with Bron is that he's NOT taking the "Kobe Approach".

Laker's Threepeat inevitable now.

MG3
07-09-2010, 04:32 PM
None of the people hating on Lebron would say a word if he would've went somewhere like New Jersey. You're all pissed because your favorite teams are screwed and you all know it so you cry and complain and blame Lebron. He wants rings, not money. He's not Kobe, He's not Jordan...He's LEBRON. You're right a top 10 point guard, and a top 10 small forward instantly makes enough talent around you. Mo Williams is a shoot first point guard which doesn't win in this league. Jamison was horrid in the playoffs. So stop the amazing talent term. If they're so amazing, without LeBron, that team won't make the playoffs next year.

MaHaRaJaH
07-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Oh Laker fans :laugh2:

LeGacy is Music
07-09-2010, 04:33 PM

I couldn't disagree more

Dude you totally take my posting and added Jordan to it. HAHAHA But I have ben saying that the whole time but I am not bitter. I am a Knick Fan. I think we need to get a new coach though and some better players

JasonJohnHorn
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I kinda agree, but I'm surprised this isnt locked yet?

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 04:36 PM
If Lebron doesnt want to win he wouldnt have made the decision to join Wade and Bosh, so I am interested to know what happened in Cleveland that caused him to quit in the Boston series that culminated with his decision to leave his hometown. How about Dan Gilbert writes a book called "Last Season", like what Phil did to Kobe?

He knew he was could be a free agent and join forces with wade and bosh somewhere.

Truheatfan
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM
:silly:

:hi5: lebron made the smartest decision so keep hating! he gave cleveland seven great seasons and he wanted a change at least he didnt try to force a trade like kobe's B***h *** people are so quick to forget b4 he got gasol what a crybaby mr. 81 points was when he was getting his butt kicked ,cause he wanted to fly solo, dissing his teamates and quitting in the suns series.

so please keep hating lebron everyone it only makes this that much sweeter :silly:

Hawkeye15
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM
can't agree. The situations are different. Let's see. We just got smashed yet again by Orlando. My coach has just been fired. My GM just quit. We have no young talent to speak of. I look around and see players who are cast off, who choked in the playoffs.
Goodbye.

truplayer199
07-09-2010, 04:42 PM

I don't get some of you guys. How is possible to make it to a conference finals and not be good enough to win a title? If you make it that far anything can happen.

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 04:42 PM
None of the people hating on Lebron would say a word if he would've went somewhere like New Jersey. You're all pissed because your favorite teams are screwed and you all know it so you cry and complain and blame Lebron. He wants rings, not money. He's not Kobe, He's not Jordan...He's LEBRON. You're right a top 10 point guard, and a top 10 small forward instantly makes enough talent around you. Mo Williams is a shoot first point guard which doesn't win in this league. Jamison was horrid in the playoffs. So stop the amazing talent term. If they're so amazing, without LeBron, that team won't make the playoffs next year.

They had winning records for two years. First Seed and all. He was surrounded with enough talent to win. THey had better players then the lakers did. Lebron failed to deliver.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-09-2010, 04:44 PM

I couldn't disagree more

he HAD to leave... that team sucked and they had 7 years to get him quality help.. couldnt get it done.. its clearly evident that top notch players want to play with him. why couldnt they ever get it done?

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 04:51 PM

:hi5: lebron made the smartest decision so keep hating! he gave cleveland seven great seasons and he wanted a change at least he didnt try to force a trade like kobe's B***h *** people are so quick to forget b4 he got gasol what a crybaby mr. 81 points was when he was getting his butt kicked ,cause he wanted to fly solo, dissing his teamates and quitting in the suns series.

so please keep hating lebron everyone it only makes this that much sweeter :silly:

Kobe forced a trade to get better supporting players. He wasnt really going to leave. Kobe was loyal to the Buss. Gasol was nothing until he played with Kobe. Kobe made Pau. Yes Kobe was losing in the playoffs but he had no one compared to Lebrons 2008-2010 team.

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
The Knicks, Cavs, Bulls, and Clippers have nobody to blame but themselves. They all underestimated LeBron's desire to win. They thought all he cared about was his image and his bank account, and about being "the man". So what did they do? The cleared there rosters and hoped that LeBron would commit to making a bad team good. LeBron is going to want to go to New York so that he can play with a losing team and a coach who promotes a style that has never been proven to work?

Miami made the major moves by signing Bosh and Wade. They showed their commitment to winning, and not just the commitment to kissing LeBron's *ss every chance they got.

He could have signed with the cavs for more money. He could have signed with New York for a bigger market. He chose Miami because he wants to win. Important note to NBA franchises: Find out what your targeted free agent wants. If he wants to win, don't clear our your team and expect him to start all over again like it's his rookie year.

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't get some of you guys. How is possible to make it to a conference finals and not be good enough to win a title? If you make it that far anything can happen.

agree, that team could of won a ring. Fact is Lebron couldn't carry his team in time when needed.

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
agree, that team could of won a ring. Fact is Lebron couldn't carry his team in time when needed.

Are we going to pretend that somebody other than LeBron showed up in the playoffs to help him out?

Sounds like a fun game.

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
The Knicks, Cavs, Bulls, and Clippers have nobody to blame but themselves. They all underestimated LeBron's desire to win. They thought all he cared about was his image and his bank account, and about being "the man". So what did they do? The cleared there rosters and hoped that LeBron would commit to making a bad team good. LeBron is going to want to go to New York so that he can play with a losing team and a coach who promotes a style that has never been proven to work?

Miami made the major moves by signing Bosh and Wade. They showed their commitment to winning, and not just the commitment to kissing LeBron's *ss every chance they got.

He could have signed with the cavs for more money. He could have signed with New York for a bigger market. He chose Miami because he wants to win. Important note to NBA franchises: Find out what your targeted free agent wants. If he wants to win, don't clear our your team and expect him to start all over again like it's his rookie year.

He so does care about his image. Everything is about him. If he didn't, then he would of never did that espn special. YOU THINK mJ would of done it? No. Anyways this was all planned. They new a year ago.

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
They had winning records for two years. First Seed and all. He was surrounded with enough talent to win. THey had better players then the lakers did. Lebron failed to deliver.

...huh?

markbutter
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
To think that LeBron had no influence as to who the Cavs brought in is non-sense. He lobbied for Mo Williams. Surely was on board with the Shaq trade/signing. Ditto for the Jamison trade. Perhaps if Bron had asked for a tad less 3 years ago, he'd have some other players around him.

And, he couldn't even talk Bosh into coming to cleveland. I understand the weather & taxes of S. Beach. But I think it says something about him personally if Bosh picked Wade over him. Remember, he went to Mia after Wade (Bosh) picked Mia. He'll now be known as Wade's S. Beach Beach.

wesso2008
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Definitions of quitters? LePrincess n Posh.

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
...huh?

yes they did.

Mo> fisher

Their bench was better then lakers.

97NYer
07-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Couldn't agree more.

NY Till I Die
07-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Lebron james

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 05:08 PM
He so does care about his image. Everything is about him. If he didn't, then he would of never did that espn special. YOU THINK mJ would of done it? No. Anyways this was all planned. They new a year ago.

Everybody thought it was about money..and he's taking less to play for a contender. New York had absolutly nothing to offer him.

It wasn't planned, and they didn't "new" it a year ago. See how easy it is to say things without giving facts or sources?

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
yes they did.

Mo> fisher

Their bench was better then lakers.

no..just no.

koLohe2133
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM

kobe quit when he didnt have a chance....

lebron quit when the series was TIED against BOSTON!

as much as i hate kobe, and i have for a loooooooooooooooonnnnnggggg time, he didnt pull this crap like lebron did.

lebron is no longer the king, he is merely a court jester....kuz last night was a GODAWFUL JOKE:facepalm:

Da Knicks
07-09-2010, 05:12 PM
I thought the point was to win rings? did i miss something he already proved he can lead the sorriest team ever to a championship. 2 mvps, scoring champion, gold olympian what else does he have to prove. People point at championships and now that he is gonna get what yaw wanted him to get he is a bad guy. Players are all about money but this guy and the other two are leaving money on the table what else do they have to do? rape someone?

IDB Josh M
07-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Winning without honor is an empty victory.

Da Knicks
07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
...huh?

really?:facepalm:

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Everybody thought it was about money..and he's taking less to play for a contender. New York had absolutly nothing to offer him.

It wasn't planned, and they didn't "new" it a year ago. See how easy it is to say things without giving facts or sources?

the Bulls did. But you can't say they didnt plan it either.

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Signing with a different team in free agency is dishonor? if that's the case, why do they even have free agency? Why don't they just sign career long contracts with whatever team drafts them?

0nekhmer
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm sure nobody can defend Lebron when we say he did basically quit on his team and ditched them. They had the best record last season dammit!

whitemamba33
the Bulls did. But you can't say they didnt plan it either.

WTF did the Bulls do? The Bulls have gotten rid of a team that gave Boston a run for it's money a few years back. Are you talking about Boozer? Because playing with Wade and Bosh >>>>>>> anything the bulls have to offer.

I can absolutly say that they haden't planned this a year ago. And I will continue to say this until you give me even a sliver of proof otherwise. Unless of course you were there when the planning went on..but I'll safely doubt that.

FarOutIos
Now I'm not a fan of any team involved in the Lebron sweepstakes... but it seems as if all the bashing is (mostly) coming from fans in city's that Lebron decided not to go to. In other words, some of these opinions would be different if he decided to go to their team.

Pretty funny. And sad.

As far as quitting is concerned... I think all the Rumors about his mom could have been a factor. If you don't like a teammate, it makes it hard to want to play hard. Especially at LeBron's age. That is a factor that still isn't mentioned much.

And personally, I don't like the fact that all three are going to one team. But, I also don't like the fact that the Lakers have a $90+ million payroll and the Celtics are almost at that level as well.

Any fans of those teams who complain about the Heat's new team are simply being hypocritical and pathetically scared.

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm sure nobody can defend Lebron when we say he did basically quit on his team and ditched them. They had the best record last season dammit!

and his team once again failed to help him out in the playoffs. I can't pretend that I am surprised that he didn't make a long term commitment to a team that continuously failed to "step up".

8kobe24
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
a QUITTER has many definitions, but I sure can spell it. l-e-b-r-o-n.

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 05:22 PM
no..just no.

yes.

lakers: Farmer, brown, sasha, luke, powell, mjbenga, morrison, odom

cavs: moon, gibson, dolonte west, jj hickson, big z, danny green, leon powe, darnell ackson.

FarOutIos
07-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh, and I am not a fan of the Cav's supporting cast. Not a championship caliber cast.

8kobe24
07-09-2010, 05:23 PM
and his team once again failed to help him out in the playoffs. I can't pretend that I am surprised that he didn't make a long term commitment to a team that continuously failed to "step up".

It's not like Cleveland just gave lebron D league players to fill up the whole roster.

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 05:23 PM

That when you raise your game up and carry your team on the back.

Human FlameShld
07-09-2010, 05:25 PM

Its poetic sounding but its not really poetic.

There is no honor in death and there is no honor in losing....there is only honor in victory when victory it obtained honestly.

There is no such thing as an empty victory.

FarOutIos
07-09-2010, 05:25 PM

I don't really think his team was that great. We will see how they do this year without him. But winning in the regular season is easy with one great player.

In the playoffs, teams are able to focus more and take away that first option. That makes it more important that there is 2-3 great players on a team.

8kobe24
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM

uh huh.:facepalm:

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Now I'm not a fan of any team involved in the Lebron sweepstakes... but it seems as if all the bashing is (mostly) coming from fans in city's that Lebron decided not to go to. In other words, some of these opinions would be different if he decided to go to their team.

Pretty funny. And sad.

As far as quitting is concerned... I think all the Rumors about his mom could have been a factor. If you don't like a teammate, it makes it hard to want to play hard. Especially at LeBron's age. That is a factor that still isn't mentioned much.

And personally, I don't like the fact that all three are going to one team. But, I also don't like the fact that the Lakers have a $90+ million payroll and the Celtics are almost at that level as well.

Any fans of those teams who complain about the Heat's new team are simply being hypocritical and pathetically scared.

I'm a laker fan. What does this have to do with payroll? the heats are not a threat to the lakers. Maybe to the eastern conference.

koLohe2133
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
anybody else just realize that JOE ********** JOHNSON GOT THE MOST MONEY IN THE 2010 FREE AGENCY BONANZA????

jeeeeeezzzzzzz we are collapsing like rome did!

thekmp211

yeah? im defending lebron.

and the definition of quiter is there isn't one, cause its not a ****ing word.

Giantwarrior
Lebron James is a quitter.

ILLN355
07-09-2010, 05:30 PM
only people i see bashing lebron is laker fans and other city fans that didnt get lebron, except knick fans, they seem to be alright with it.

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
That when you raise your game up and carry your team on the back.

That is the weakest argument you can make. No one player carries his team all through the playoffs and to a championship trophy.

It's easy for you to sit at your computer and type "he should have carried his team on his back"...it's A LOT more difficult to tell a guy who put up 29.1 ppg, grabbed 9.3 rebounds, and 7.6 assists that he needs to do MORE. Any decent playoff defense can shut down one guy.

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 05:34 PM
yes.

lakers: Farmer, brown, sasha, luke, powell, mjbenga, morrison, odom

cavs: moon, gibson, dolonte west, jj hickson, big z, danny green, leon powe, darnell ackson.

only decent player on that list is Lamar Odom.

And interesting that we skipped the starters.

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM

...Golden State still has a team?

8kobe24
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
That is the weakest argument you can make. No one player carries his team all through the playoffs and to a championship trophy.

It's easy for you to sit at your computer and type "he should have carried his team on his back"...it's A LOT more difficult to tell a guy who put up 29.1 ppg, grabbed 9.3 rebounds, and 7.6 assists that he needs to do MORE. Any decent playoff defense can shut down one guy.

He made a valid argument, any great players needs to place their team on his back no matter the circumstances. Like I said, he was not surrounded by D league players.

papisupremo
07-09-2010, 05:38 PM

Pretty funny. And sad.

nail on the head. im a knicks fan, and 1% of my disappointment comes from him not picking my team. 99% of my disappointment comes from him taking the easy way out and joining a super-team! the lack of competitiveness is what makes guys mad. as men, we value competitiveness, and lebron has none. to be the man you gotta beat the man, not join the man and his lil buddy!:mad:

if he had picked the cavs, or even the bulls, the #1 franchise i hate in all sports, woulda been better than the heat! why? because you're still competitive, there woulda been a bulls/heat/celts rivalry! now its all up to the lakers!! lakers as heroes, lol, what is this world coming to?!

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 05:38 PM
He made a valid argument, any great players needs to place their team on his back no matter the circumstances. Like I said, he was not surrounded by D league players.

Go watch LeBron vs Pistons and tell me he doesn't step up.

What was MJ before Pippen?

What was Shaq without Kobe? or Kobe without Gasol?

What was David Robinson before Duncan?

What was Wade before Shaq?

And LeBron had...Mo Williams?

Sorry..but the argument fails miserably. All of these players failed to win championships until a legitimate star came along. Are they not great players because they failed to "step-up" before some star power came onto the team?

failed.

Truheatfan
07-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Kobe forced a trade to get better supporting players. He wasnt really going to leave. Kobe was loyal to the Buss. Gasol was nothing until he played with Kobe. Kobe made Pau. Yes Kobe was losing in the playoffs but he had no one compared to Lebrons 2008-2010 team.

he had bynum and odem who is better than than varejao and bg z, than gasol and artest came along and lebron got jamison and shaq

kobes big men>>>> better than lebrons the only player you could make a case for in lebrons favor is moe williams who is overrated anyways

thescore53
07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Definitions of quitters? LePrincess n Posh.

posh i mean bosh.. was reasonble cause he cant carry a team but lebron just broke everone's heart

SteveNash
07-09-2010, 05:46 PM
If put in certain circumstances, nearly all NBA players would end up quitters.

Blazers#1Fan
07-09-2010, 05:50 PM
he ruined his legacy point blank but he did have a good team in cleveland he just didnt be a leader in the playoffs, he talks alot and didnt back it up now he's on the olympic team of the NBA kinda of dumb to tarnish your legacy to just get a ring he will never have as many fans as he did he will never be the greatest to play the game he will just have went to a team he knew he was gonna win rings on, dumbest move in nba history nobody will put lebron in the elite hall of fame , Dwade will though hahaaaaaa

lebron single handedly ruined the cavs again and the east and the nba i hope the Big3 walk over the Allstar team i hope shaq,AI,Tmac,Bigz,Sign To Boston the east would be fun to watch then

kid#8
07-09-2010, 05:54 PM
cowardness to highest...

Blazers#1Fan
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Go watch LeBron vs Pistons and tell me he doesn't step up.

What was MJ before Pippen?

What was Shaq without Kobe? or Kobe without Gasol?

What was David Robinson before Duncan?

What was Wade before Shaq?

And LeBron had...Mo Williams?

Sorry..but the argument fails miserably. All of these players failed to win championships until a legitimate star came along. Are they not great players because they failed to "step-up" before some star power came onto the team?

failed.

Pippen was drafted not signed

Kobe wasnt a big name until shaq signed shaq helped kobe
Kobe was a step below mj before gasol came and had a 81pt game
Rrob had MJ taking the titles every year not just because tim
dwade was in his 2nd year when shaq came n shaq was still a good player
lebron had jaminson,williams,shaq,bigz,west,andy, kobe could win that team...durant could win with that team

netsgiantsyanks
07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
nail on the head. im a knicks fan, and 1% of my disappointment comes from him not picking my team. 99% of my disappointment comes from him taking the easy way out and joining a super-team! the lack of competitiveness is what makes guys mad. as men, we value competitiveness, and lebron has none. to be the man you gotta beat the man, not join the man and his lil buddy!:mad:

if he had picked the cavs, or even the bulls, the #1 franchise i hate in all sports, woulda been better than the heat! why? because you're still competitive, there woulda been a bulls/heat/celts rivalry! now its all up to the lakers!! lakers as heroes, lol, what is this world coming to?!

the only time i will EVER EVER agree with a knicks fan:clap::clap:

netsgiantsyanks
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM

lebron had jaminson,williams,shaq,bigz,west,andy, kobe could win that team...durant could win with that team

:facepalm:

Hoopsadvocate
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
So tired of the hate i was willing to reason and hear people out but now its just rediculous some of you dont even deserve a response. How about looking up the definition of bitterness or better yet hypocrite for loving him when hes with you and saying he needs help but once he leaves u torch him. I felt sorry at first but now i see some of yall deserve it.

DeyAce
07-09-2010, 06:06 PM
The definition of a quitter is Lebron James

masalex1205
07-09-2010, 06:08 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2010/07/09/sports/CAVS.htm

Showmeyourtds
07-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Lebrick is garbage

miami64thand 6
07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
first and farmost LBJ is his owe person stop comparing these players to the past great let them blaze their owe trail in the game some of them cannot live up to others leagacy respect the game and let these young guys live out their basketball dreams because at the end of the day its their decision and not yours or mine let it go love the game and move on

brazilianblur
07-09-2010, 06:18 PM
All this talk knocking Lebron for not trying to win on his own is ridiculous. Nobody can win a championship alone. Kobe had great talent around him in all of his title winning seasons. He had Shaq and now he has Pau both of which are/were in their prime. A team needs an inside and outside presence to win championships and Lebron never had an inside presence to the degree of a Pau or Shaq(obviously Shaq isn't what he once was and by no means qualifies as the inside presence I am referring to). I understand he can't claim HE brought Miami a championship the same way Kobe can in LA but you can't blame the guys for going to a team that gives him the best chance to win. I by the way, hate Lebron and always have due to his ego, but I respect his game, and his decision to put himself in the position to win multiple titles.

thawv
07-09-2010, 06:20 PM
"MJ didn't quit when he came up short in back to back seasons against Detroit in 89 and 90..."

MJ was not a free agent either. Not that he would have quit..........cuz he would not have. Lebron didn't quit either. He was under no obligation to play in Cleveland anymore. He chose to work somewhere else. Which is his right. How he did it was pathetic though.

fvthreeee
07-09-2010, 06:24 PM

I couldn't disagree more

Don't forget that Magic was beat by the Celtics and Bird before he won, and he didn't ask for a trade to join Bird, he busted his *** to beat Bird, and when he beat him , Bird did the same thing to get back on top. These guys would have rather retire than join forces, they were competitors, and the same thing with Kobe and Mike, LBJ simply isnt.

tdunk21
07-09-2010, 06:25 PM
oh...easy...lebron "judas"james and Chris "lapdog" bosh

dodie53
07-09-2010, 06:26 PM
i like the "Lebron Apporach"

fvthreeee
07-09-2010, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=whitemamba33;14050441]Everybody thought it was about money..and he's taking less to play for a contender. New York had absolutly nothing to offer him. =QUOTE]

New York offered him a challenge and a chance at greatness.

RocketPower2010
07-09-2010, 06:37 PM
When the words South Beach first came out of LeBron's mouth, I felt terrible, even though I am a Rockets Fan. I really felt for the city of Cleveland. However, now, one day later, the way the fans and Dan Gilbert handled this situation is not doing you guys any good. You are right to hate Lebron for his decision, and how he made it. But you have no rights to attack him. Don't say that you are the team that took a chance on Lebron in 03, because there simply wasn't any chance involved. If you didn't take him, the Pistons would have died of joy. Sure he is a homeboy, but how many are destined to play for their team forever? Not everyone is a Joe Mauer. No one ever fussed over the Rockets for not drafting Rashard Lewis THREE TIMES. For those of you that say that he is a quitter, good then, your problem is solved and you should be happy he is gone. As for his legacy. It's his legacy, and I believe that LeBron knew what effect his decision had on it. If he wasn't smart enough, I'm sure his agent was. So why are you guys so upset over his legacy when the man himself isn't? You can hate him, but please, please stop attacking LeBron on silly points.

Lastly, STOP CALLING ANTAWN JAMISON AND MO WILLIAMS STARS!!! Please, you know they aren't, and it's sickening to lower the standard of stars to that level. Jamison was lucky to have been an all-star.

D Roses Bulls
07-09-2010, 06:53 PM
The definition of a quitter is Lebron James

Dan Gilberts reaction to lebron leaving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-LPVHDIFSs

Poo-Diddy
07-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Dude you totally take my posting and added Jordan to it. HAHAHA But I have ben saying that the whole time but I am not bitter. I am a Knick Fan. I think we need to get a new coach though and some better players

Sorry about that, I'm sure we are not the only ones that felt that way.

I havn't read all of the threads and posts on here...

I'm a Bulls fan and of course I would have welcomed Lebron to the Bulls, but I still would have felt the excact same way about LeBron.

I as a longtime sports fan, always appreciate the guy that takes the hard road to get to his ultimate goal rather than going the apparent easy route.

For christ sakes LeBron, you are 25 years old and you just made a Karl Malone type move....pathetic....

koLohe2133
07-09-2010, 07:14 PM
maybe lebron isnt a quitter.....maybe he just doesnt have the balls to sack up and win a ring....

so he needed to jump on-board someone else's back and let him carry the jester(not a king kuz last night was a joke)...

n ps- chris bosh is not that good. best thing he ever did was that auto-salesman commercial

Poo-Diddy
07-09-2010, 07:21 PM

But if you are "The King" you step up when it matters the most ala the great ones...

Guys like MJ, Bird, Magic pushed everybody around them to new levels and above all Took their games to another level come playoff and finals time.

LeBron never raised his game and in the end quit and left a team that catered to his every need.

And would have continued to do so!

Anything available he would have wanted, they would have went and got him. But he never gave them the chance, he quit...

He made a 40 year old Karl Malone move at age 25..

He could have accepted the challenge and said we won 66 and 61 games the previous 2 seasons and came up short in the playoffs. I'm gonna raise my game to another level and push myself to acheive what I promised the fans of Cleveland (a championship) but instead he took what he percieved as an easier route to getting a ring....

Same thing if he would have come to Chicago or anywhere else.

By leaving without leaving it all on the floor, he did nothing less then "quit" and at age 25, sad.....

Jaji
07-09-2010, 07:37 PM
thread fail

This.

To the OP: Are you serious? They surrounded him with enough talent in 07 or he put a shiddy team on his back and carried them to the Finals? What did he score, 26 straight points against the Pistons? That's called a one man show. And LeBron is one of the most unselfish players in the game so for him to have to score 26 straight points means those other guys weren't doing ish.

Same thing with the 60 win seasons. All LeBron. Who was his help? 38 year old Shaq? Antawn Jamison, an undersized PF past his prime? Mo Williams, a 6'-1" SG?

Cleveland could not attract any good players. It's not even really the FO's fault. It's just that no one wants to play in Cleveland. Comparing his situation to MJ or Magic or Bird is silly. They all played in thriving metropolises. Chicago, LA, and Boston. 3 great cities. Why would LeBron stay in shiddy Cleveland, where no one else wants to go?

No one can win it all by themselves. The closest we've ever seen to that is LeBron's 07 performance. A weaker team never made it that far and it was because of LBJ.

3RDASYSTEM
07-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Lebron maybe did quit once that news on his moms broke around that series, but he shouldnt have but maybe he did, also he should have gave them 3 more yrs and if no title then bolt for better talent,10yrs is alot to play in one spot and not have a ring to show and you're a Superstar talent...but maybe he took KG/AI advice and said skip the loyalty part...to me thats hogwash cause if Lebron had career threating injury last yr or yr before the owner would not be handing him no 120mil xtension,loyalty is overrated and plus he never mentions CLE just Akron in his interview/MVP presentations for the most part,this is a ''BIZ'' ...so where would you go if you're GM was Riley or Grant...he just blew Jerry West out the water with this coup for top dog GM of this era

bringinwood
07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Give me another team that was giving LeBron the opportunity to win championships ???

No, Cleveland didn't give LeBron a chance to win... LeBron gave Cleveland a chance to win...

One piece that would have convinced him they were title contenders and he stays....

They could get, even that, and he walked with good cause...

He doesn't want to be viewed as the Dan Marino of the NBA...

Cubs420
07-09-2010, 09:59 PM
not only is lebron a quitter..he's a follower too..

+1

Bigbadmoffo
07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
I agree with this. The guy ruined his legacy. At the end of the day he may be one of the most hated superstars in sports history. I'm not including ppl that did stuff like vick and o.j.

Miltown34
07-09-2010, 10:17 PM
He went with a trio like other NBA teams in history had, he is the only reason they were overachieving, I mean come on...we knew Mo Williams in Milwaukee, and when he made the ASG I was like hell naw he is not a legit all-star game, that finals team overachieved too, i mean look at the roster they had. I mean if u look at the top players it doesn't come close to the Lakers, Boston, and other top teams. Cleveland is like phoenix East, reg. season team but not a playoff team....BUt 1 thing I will hold against him is that he didn't fight it out until the Boston series was over, he let his frustation affect his play and you never let emoitions to that to you

Vikingfan84
07-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Get over yourself Cleveland fans. Grow up and move on. The Cavs owner should be hung in the rafters and burned when LeBron returns to Cleveland with the Heat.

All the Cavs owner did was find people for dirt cheap to put around LBJ. Come on, Shaq is washed up, Big Z has bad knees, Mo Williams never became anything in the playoffs. Jamison isn't the same as he was with the Wizards.

All the Cavs owner did was surround LBJ with washed up talent.

Heat are definitely going to smoke the Cavs. And it's going to be GREAT watching that happen.

ElMarroAfamado
07-09-2010, 10:34 PM
its comical to see people that up until last season would say things like "lebron will go down as the best ever" "lebron is better than michael (or as good"
just back track and say things like "lebron is not about being the GOAT he wants to win titles"
hahaaha

Kobe Bryant
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Magic
etc.

Lebron James.

Poo-Diddy
07-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Get over yourself Cleveland fans. Grow up and move on. The Cavs owner should be hung in the rafters and burned when LeBron returns to Cleveland with the Heat.

All the Cavs owner did was find people for dirt cheap to put around LBJ. Come on, Shaq is washed up, Big Z has bad knees, Mo Williams never became anything in the playoffs. Jamison isn't the same as he was with the Wizards.

All the Cavs owner did was surround LBJ with washed up talent.

Heat are definitely going to smoke the Cavs. And it's going to be GREAT watching that happen.

Your kidding yourself if you think LBJ didn't want and approve of all those deals.

Washed up Shaq? LBJ wanted him

Big Z? LBJ wanted him brought back for the playoffs and now wants him in Miam

Jamison, LBJ wanted him....i

Mo Williams nothing in the playoffs? Last I heard Mo wasn't the king, LBJ was supposed to be, LBJ was supposed to step up, he didn't.

LBJ failed and now he is dependant on Bosh and his daddy Wade to take him to the next level.

Like I said before, so sad at age 25 to depend on somebody else when you label yourself the "KING"

ink
07-10-2010, 03:51 AM
I thought Lebron would be a unique player when he came into the league.

Never did I think he'd be unique in this way. I've never seen an athlete with more ego and less self-confidence or self-respect before.

Raph12
07-10-2010, 03:53 AM
I don't mind Lebron quitting on Cleveland, I mind Lebron quitting on himself. By joining Wade in Miami, he has the pressure of being "the guy" off of himself and can just play the game. He couldn't lead his team to anything, Lebron is the definition of "quitter" and the worse type of "quitter" at that.

iFYouSeekAmy
07-10-2010, 03:56 AM
Would he win MVP next season?

I mean, he would have to outplay his team to win it; by then, egos collide.

ActionJaxon
07-10-2010, 03:56 AM

Yeah lebron doesn't care about stats...

wait wat?

http://www.posterized.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lebroncheckmystats.jpg

kArSoN RyDaH
07-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Yeah lebron doesn't care about stats...

wait wat?

http://www.posterized.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lebroncheckmystats.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Raph12
07-10-2010, 04:09 AM
Would he win MVP next season?

I mean, he would have to outplay his team to win it; by then, egos collide.

Hell no, to consider him or Wade would be blasphemy IMO...

FLWolvesFan
07-10-2010, 04:36 AM
I'm so sick of hearing this Lebron quit crap. He spent 7 years in Cleveland, it's not like he didn't give it a shot there or demanded to be traded. He was a free agent and entitled to sign wherever he thought best. He sacrificed possibly money and the idea of being "The Man" to play with other superstars in the hopes of winning a ring, sounds unselfish to me. As far as him and Jordan, two different players and two different eras, and James never had a Pippen, or a Gasol for that matter. James or anyone currently in the NBA has a long way to go before they reach MJ comparisons anyway.

Under the logic of elevating the team and taking it to the promiseland alone theory of greatness I guess every superstar then should be surrounded with mediocre talent and expected to win it all or they're weak. I didn't like the whole one hour press conference bit or keeping Cleveland in the dark but I don't blame a free agent for signing where they feel they have the best chance of winning. If I've lost respect for anyone in this circus it's been the Cav's owner, someone in his position shouldn't be crying like a bitter adolescent girl who's just been dumped by her boyfriend.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2010, 12:54 PM
LeBroom James

BronBron06
07-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Injury happens and his career wont be long when it's only a one man show

Too much effort is need especially with the RIGGED TEAMS like Boston and Lakers thanks to Kevin McHale and Jerry West respectively.

whitemamba33
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM

you missed my point.

whitemamba33
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM
LeBroom James

...I don't get it.

nanablvd
07-10-2010, 11:46 PM
He knew he was could be a free agent and join forces with wade and bosh somewhere.

But that doesnt explain why he decided not to win one in Cleveland, you know what I mean. There's got to be something going on among the team.

Lakersfanla24
07-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Lebron James close thread

Cali.Empire
07-11-2010, 12:03 AM

-Big-Baby-
07-11-2010, 12:10 AM
This is the kind of stuff that makes no sense, you guys are talking like the NBA season is the same thing as the playoffs? They are two different things, teams play harder, they play to win, you guys actually think LeBron was going to win with Z, Mo, Hickson, and Shaq? Lol, give me a break, Magic and Celtics are both stronger than those teams in every way. LeBron left to win, you guys keep hating, he never tried to be like MJ and said it him self, he wants to be himself, hes 25, and has not seen a championship in 7 years and is clearly fed up with Cleveland, I'd leave too. If he went to L.A the laker fans would praise him, same with the bulls, nets, knicks. Get over it.

Atownballa5
07-11-2010, 12:13 AM
truth

Lakersfanla24
07-11-2010, 12:22 AM
This is the kind of stuff that makes no sense, you guys are talking like the NBA season is the same thing as the playoffs? They are two different things, teams play harder, they play to win, you guys actually think LeBron was going to win with Z, Mo, Hickson, and Shaq? Lol, give me a break, Magic and Celtics are both stronger than those teams in every way. LeBron left to win, you guys keep hating, he never tried to be like MJ and said it him self, he wants to be himself, hes 25, and has not seen a championship in 7 years and is clearly fed up with Cleveland, I'd leave too. If he went to L.A the laker fans would praise him, same with the bulls, nets, knicks. Get over it.

hell no i would seriously doubt my fan hood of 14 years if that douche ever donned the purple and gold. besides our team is about winners not career losers.

ldawg
07-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Yes Lebron is a quitter. Its not like Cavs Suck they won the most games over the last 2 years and he was the MVP both years. They were pick to come out the East and beat the Lakers who struggled at season end but Lebron quit in some games against Boston. I was asking my friend what is up with Lebron why is a passing the ball to Williams in crunch time crunch time when he is the Star of the team. Then the West thing with his mom came out and i said, Oh thats why. Bosh bolting Raptors make sense they sucked. But the Cavs? they were top 5 one player away. A rebound here a shot there and they beat Boston. So its weird he left the way he did could have sign a 3 yrs contract third year player option. Lebron was going to be the NBA next biggest star but he took his talent to South Beach Behind Wade. We all know Wade is a better closer than Lebron that was he problem in Cleavland he just could not seal the deal but he is blaming his failure on the team. He is no King just another great basketball player ho wont change the sport the way Jordan and Magic did.

zo649117
07-11-2010, 12:29 AM
u haters make me sick. Would be nice to see what you say if he would have gone to your team

RidgeRaider24
07-11-2010, 12:34 AM
he had a great team in CLE whom the fo built around him and did anything he wanted, now he booked it to mia and looks for the easy way to win championships, he will NEVER be as good as mj or kobe !

Lakersfanla24
07-11-2010, 12:35 AM
u haters make me sick. Would be nice to see what you say if he would have gone to your team

i would have :puke:

TEXASTITAN
07-11-2010, 12:54 AM
He was with a team that won back to back 60 win seasons and i can't imagine him not doing the same in miami winning 60 games and being worse off as an overall team. There's not enough cash to go around to make them a well balanced team like he's had the past few years. Anyone ever think mabye LEBRON is the problem? Mabye he's the reason his teams fail? We'll see how many playoff EXITS it's going to take in miami for that question to finally be asked.

ldawg
07-11-2010, 12:55 AM
u haters make me sick. Would be nice to see what you say if he would have gone to your teamThe Dude is good he can play 1 to 4 Don't hate him and would love him on my team if we need a player to build around, sometime you can have to much. Its a bit weird him and Wade on the same team will take some getting use to knowing both need the ball to be who they are and both capable of avg 30pts as the focal point with one hand tied behind their backs. Now one have to scale their game back so it just seem like a waste both being ball handlers. It like Kobe and Ai on the same team 10 years ago a bit weird. Remember Tmac and Carter? Lebron is the most gifted player in the game today but he just don't know how to win yet that is his problem. This is the Area where Wade, Kobe and Jordan excels Lebron.

GOON MUSIC
07-11-2010, 01:01 AM
i was 100% ok with him leaving cleveland, they suck without him

i dont know how anybody can deny that

ldawg
07-11-2010, 01:05 AM
i was 100% ok with him leaving cleveland, they suck without him

i dont know how anybody can deny thatAny team in the nba would be suck without there best player, And if they were suck they would not have won 60+ games two straight years. That my friend is no fluke. The team was built to utilize Lebron skill set. Lebron Quit in the middle of them Building a team, You have to make moves to add for what is missing and Cavs were Very close and were just battle tested and gained more experience after being out hustled like the Laker two years ago. Fisher is no super star but he won game 3 and this time around they push back and won. But Lebron Quit even though they were so close.

hugepatsfan
07-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Lebron didn't quit on the Cavs - he quit on his legacy. What exactly are we all "witnesses" too? He led us all to believe that he wanted to chase MJ. His marketing strategy, whether intentional or not, promised this chase to us. Regardless of whether it was possible, we all (like we do w/ Kobe) would have been intrigued by it. We would have threads on it, ESPN specials on it, etc. He threw all of that way. Taking less money and sacraficing personal achievement for potential rings is a great thing to do - unless you break the promise you made to us.

mRc08
07-11-2010, 01:27 AM
even if you can look past him leaving his home town to win rings, and even if you can look past the fact that he couldn't get it done by himself....

The way he has handled it all, has been pitiful.

He truly sucks. Great talent no doubt, but definitely a robin, a black hearted robin stuck inside the most athletic body any of us have ever seen. Its a shame.

Mochalman
07-11-2010, 01:29 AM
jordan, magic and, bird?

can we go back in time and make this happen?

ldawg
07-11-2010, 01:30 AM
I can still view him as the most talented player in the game today you can't strip him of that. But i question his heart, confidence and determination. How do you leave a top 4 team being the best player and called yourself King to join a lesser team to ride behind another Player with similar skills. just weird. If Cavs miss the playoffs and were suck i would understand but this one is weird.

Mochalman
07-11-2010, 01:32 AM
^^ rose, lebron and, wade all similar skill set. so his best bet was to stay home or new york

RidgeRaider24
07-11-2010, 01:34 AM
I can still view him as the most talented player in the game today you can't strip him of that. But i question his heart and confidence. How do you leave a top 4 team being the best player and called yourself King to join a lesser team to ride behind another Player with similar skills. just weird. If Cavs miss the playoffs and were suck i would understand but this one is weird.

agreed, thats the biggest problem with lebail

PrettyBoyJ
07-11-2010, 01:36 AM
I dont wanna defend Lebron but they never surrounded him with a championship team.. 07 He carried that team.. (25 straight points in the playoffs) the last 2 years he had scrubs on his team.. when Mo williams is your 2nd option you kno you need an upgrade.. LBJ is still a quitter but he didnt have any real good team to chance to play in the finals

mRc08
07-11-2010, 01:37 AM
by the way, that kobe sig with the black mamba is sick, had to say it

ElMarroAfamado
07-11-2010, 01:39 AM
whatever corey magget i mean lebron james is

ldawg
07-11-2010, 01:40 AM
All Cavs had to do is Change Coach, Sign Armare because there is where he wanted to go and trade or Waive west sign a Point guard.

Chronz
07-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Yawn let's see what u guys say when he's a champ and mvp

Chronz
07-11-2010, 01:47 AM
All Cavs had to do is Change Coach, Sign Armare because there is were he wanted to go and trade or Waive west sign a Point guard.

Did u ever just think maybe he just wants to be on the most talented team in the game and not have to be superman every night the way most chips r won

ldawg
07-11-2010, 01:49 AM
Yawn let's see what u guys say when he's a champ and mvpHe ride D Wade to get it and do the Shaq he Couldn't do it without me. And they call him the best, who's your daddy quitter? You are Wade your my daddy, daddy can i see your ring?

ldawg
07-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Did u ever just think maybe bein wants to be on the most talented team in the game and not have to be superman every night the way most chips r won This is what stars do they Lead and push their team night in and night out. Well don't call yourself king. A king is a leader not a follower.

ldawg
07-11-2010, 02:03 AM
That west thing with his mom had to be true and might be the real reason he quit. Maybe he don't trust his teammates. Maybe he felt they knew and did not tell him. It just don't add up why he would leave Cavs being a top 4 team with a chance of adding another piece to the puzzle in Amare and coach Scott.

ElMarroAfamado
07-11-2010, 02:32 AM
Did u ever just think maybe he just wants to be on the most talented team in the game and not have to be superman every night the way most chips r won

he WANTED to be the Superman ....ALL HIS FANS the media, CLAIMED HE WAS THE 'Superman'
he realized he couldnt be it and he went to a team with a superman (wade)

how do you not see this....
im sure you were part of lebricks hype...where have you been all this years?

ElMarroAfamado
07-11-2010, 02:33 AM
This is what stars do they Lead and push their team night in and night out. Well don't call yourself king. A king is a leader not a follower.

this is going to the the answer to 99% of responses defending Lebron...the people that dont see this are probably that started watching basketball last year or something.

BigAl25
07-11-2010, 02:36 AM
i think at this point Lebron doesn't care about being mentioned with the best,he wants the rings and why not?, who would blow a chance like this to play with 2 superstars in their prime, people are just hating on "KING JAMES".

Mochalman
07-11-2010, 02:38 AM
whats the difference between this big 3 and boston's big 3? is it because they were older? that none had a ring yet and its fine cause when older vets do it its fine but when young players get together its a disgrace to the league? get over it people

Sandman
07-11-2010, 02:53 AM
whats the difference between this big 3 and boston's big 3? is it because they were older? that none had a ring yet and its fine cause when older vets do it its fine but when young players get together its a disgrace to the league? get over it people

the hate doesn't come from jealousy, as much as the heaters want to play it off that way. the hate comes from the widespread perception of premeditation and collusion.

ldawg
07-11-2010, 03:38 AM
whats the difference between this big 3 and boston's big 3? is it because they were older? that none had a ring yet and its fine cause when older vets do it its fine but when young players get together its a disgrace to the league? get over it peopleThe Difference is they tried to do it being a leader for their team a team build around them. They had a realy good chance to win and deep down they thought they could have won. Their team was good at the time and were serious contenders. They join forces when there team suck and getting older and have no time to rebuild. Bosh, Kg, Ray, Paul, Payton, Charles, Malone, Wade etc is different their team sucked unlike Lebrons old team they were top 4 last year and about to add Amare and coach scott to the mix. So why leave? Lebron going to the heat does not means they win many rings. Its still only one ball and each player have to change their approach and work in a new system with many new faces. As it stand if Lakers add some depth and Orlando with a few tweeks still can beat heat plus injuries can happen and chemistry issues can come up. Jo played good all year then he blow his knee don't forget Bosh were a big brace on his knee to Who plays Center?

J-Relo
07-11-2010, 04:49 AM
they would have added Amare?

don't think so, in 7 years only one year, the last one, was when Lebron was finally surrounded by solid cast... i don't think Cavs would have done something this year...

Vikingfan84
07-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Your kidding yourself if you think LBJ didn't want and approve of all those deals.

Washed up Shaq? LBJ wanted him

Big Z? LBJ wanted him brought back for the playoffs and now wants him in Miam

Jamison, LBJ wanted him....i

Mo Williams nothing in the playoffs? Last I heard Mo wasn't the king, LBJ was supposed to be, LBJ was supposed to step up, he didn't.

LBJ failed and now he is dependant on Bosh and his daddy Wade to take him to the next level.

Like I said before, so sad at age 25 to depend on somebody else when you label yourself the "KING"
Your locations says "Chicago, Illinois". And now since he hasn't chose to play for the Bulls, your panties are all in a bunch now.

That's exactly why Dan Gilbert is the owner, he doesn't put together a team based on what a 20 year old kid has to say.

LBJ didn't fail. LBJ made the Cavs great. We will see that next season. The Cavs have absolutely NO PLAYMAKERS. They have a ton of shooters. I'd say the Cavs will hover around .500 next season.

RapOZo
07-11-2010, 08:02 PM
maturity and determination!!
if lebron instead of dancing and joking around like a clown encourage his teammates to remain focused, to learn from mistakes and work on whatever need to be worked out, he eventually would of gotten a few rings with the cavs

RCarlson85
07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
They didn't put that good of a supporting cast around him. He had some decent players but not good enough. It was still on his shoulders. Shaq at this point in his career has nothing left, he's just hoping to ride someone's coat tails to a championship. Mo Williams is overrated. He's a pretty good regular season player, but he's not clutch and doesn't step up in the playoffs. Jamison is the best he had and that was only for part of this last season. That didn't work out that well either. Lebron never had someone like a Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Odom, or Shaq in the prime of his career. His team is no match for Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo. Dwight, Lewis, Nelson, and Vince/Turkogulu is also better than Lebron's team.

I will tell you the definition of quitter. Try Shaq 2 seasons after the Heat won the Championship. Shaq was "injured" for a huge chunk of time in the middle of the season. Really that was just his attempt to force a trade. As soon as he got traded to the Suns, all of a sudden he was healthy and rejuvenated.

RCarlson85
07-11-2010, 08:26 PM

Bingo! I totally agree. No one can say that he would for sure win a ring by staying in Cleveland. It's also true that it's no guarantee that he will win in Miami. He has a far better chance in Miami so that's why he did it.

FLWolvesFan
07-11-2010, 08:27 PM
And Boozer, Bosh, Amare, they're all quitters!! Top free agents should only sign with their previous team!!! I'm glad Dan Gilbert brought up the "Benedict Arnold" comparison, the term has been missing in pop lexicon since the Brady Bunch years and needed a revival! I'm hoping he brings up "quick sand" next!

KBfrom8to24
07-11-2010, 09:06 PM
For me the definition of a quitter is....LEBROOM JAMES

drobe86
07-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Its obvious that most of you are simply haters. 99 percent of you loved lebron and thought he was the best player in the NBA a week ago. Now he goes to miami and he's ledouche, lebroom, a traitor, a quitter, etc. The man played there for 7 years and management didn't put enough talent around him to win a title. and please don't tell me about mo williams and antawn jamison. Those aren't the type of players you win titles with and most if not all of you know that. James earned his free agency and he left. What was he supposed to do? Stay there become the next Karl Malone? Play till his knees went out at 34, 35 and not ever get a ring. As for the owner he's the real douchebag in this. Not even 2 weeks ago he worshipped the ground LBJ walked on. Now that he left he's benedict arnold, and a quitter and blah blah blah. Jessie Jackson actually got it right this time. Because the truth is he's upset about the fact that he just lost his cash cow. That cleveland franchise is worth absolutely nothing now. You think people are going to pay to see mo williams, jamison, and verajo? You think they sell more than 3-5,000 seats every night? The truth is he knows he might as well sell the team because the teams not attractive and isn't worth anything anymore. He cant benefit off of james anymore and thats why he said what he said. I think its a shame that you talk that way about a guy who made your city, and franchise relevant again for the last 7 years. Its a good thing James found out now about how his owner truly felt.....

Poo-Diddy
07-12-2010, 03:29 AM
Your locations says "Chicago, Illinois". And now since he hasn't chose to play for the Bulls, your panties are all in a bunch now.

That's exactly why Dan Gilbert is the owner, he doesn't put together a team based on what a 20 year old kid has to say.

LBJ didn't fail. LBJ made the Cavs great. We will see that next season. The Cavs have absolutely NO PLAYMAKERS. They have a ton of shooters. I'd say the Cavs will hover around .500 next season.

Don't know why I am bothering to respond but anyways,

Obviously you didn't read the entire thread, as I have posted numerous times I would feel the same way about James if he had chosen any team other than Cleveland including Chicago.

The point of my thread is that he quit on Cleveland not that he didn't join my favorite team....

The Cavs did have a playmaker you're absolutely right.

His name was LeBron James and the team was built entirely around him.

Built well enough to put the supposed "KING" in position to deliver as the teams playmaker when it mattered most.

He Failed, then Quit....

BTW, I'm 38 years old, not twenty

Chronz
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM

he WANTED to be the Superman ....ALL HIS FANS the media, CLAIMED HE WAS THE 'Superman'
he realized he couldnt be it and he went to a team with a superman (wade)

how do you not see this....
im sure you were part of lebricks hype...where have you been all this years?
He is STILL superman. Joining forces with another man of steel is the most logical thing to do if you examine what it takes to get by the Lakers/Celtics. Ive always been here guy

He ride D Wade to get it and do the Shaq he Couldn't do it without me. And they call him the best, who's your daddy quitter? You are Wade your my daddy, daddy can i see your ring?
Ive never heard of a superior player riding an inferior player to a chip. Thats not how basketball works

This is what stars do they Lead and push their team night in and night out. Well don't call yourself king. A king is a leader not a follower.
Umm no they dont. If that were true Kobe would have to be great for the Lakers to win the chip, and he wouldnt have ever asked for a trade.

Chronz
07-12-2010, 01:24 PM
this is going to the the answer to 99% of responses defending Lebron...the people that dont see this are probably that started watching basketball last year or something.
LMFAO yea go ahead and respond for him

valade16
07-12-2010, 04:20 PM

I couldn't disagree more

How are those hindsight goggles your enjoying?

Yeah, MJ didn't have to collude with anyone or go anywhere else because the Bulls drafted a guy named SCOTTIE PIPPEN!!

I'm actually tempted to insult you on a personal level because this thread is so stupid (luckily I refrained).

To put it in perspective: When MJ "retired" to play baseball, his SUPPORTING CAST went to the 2nd round of the playoffs!

When the Jamison/Williams led Cavs go to the 2nd round, then maybe you can start having a point, but let's be real, their not getting anywhere NEAR the 2nd round of the playoffs.

And consider the East in the 90s was a lot tougher than the East today.

That's the difference.

Chronz
07-12-2010, 05:40 PM
LMFAO Valade for the win

MJ comparisons are usually stupid, but you think people would atleast be able to make apples to apples comparisons. FA didnt exist as we know it today, and even if it had, why would you leave when you have a budding young star alongside you, a guy who was arguably the best perimeter player in the game aside from yourself.

thekmp211
07-12-2010, 05:50 PM
for the most part, this thread is a master class in absolute idiocy.

EVER, GREATEST
07-12-2010, 05:53 PM

bro chill out, be humble about the whole situation. where were you when the heat were losing and now you suddenly show up being an arrogant fan, chill out seriously.

p.s. calling kobe a b**** is not a smart move towards lakers fans. just letting you know

thekmp211
07-12-2010, 05:57 PM
bro chill out, be humble about the whole situation. where were you when the heat were losing and now you suddenly show up being an arrogant fan, chill out seriously.

p.s. calling kobe a b**** is not a smart move towards lakers fans. just letting you know

one point i do think is worth mentioning is how kobe reacted before he got his team sorted out.

no one remembers that he was whining like a child for help when his team was coming up short. pau fell into la's lap, the rest is history.

how quickly we forget..