PDA

View Full Version : Lebron reason for passing on the Bulls

Stunner
07-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Chris Broussard said on ESPN Friday that a big reason that LeBron James didn't sign with the Bulls is that they didn't offer enough perks for LeBron's family and friends.

One of LeBron's buddies was hired by the Cavaliers and he wanted his entourage to be able to travel on the Bulls' tab, but the team, according to Broussard, said 'we didn't do that for Michael Jordan, so we're not doing it for you.'

futureman
07-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I guess thats a good reason for the bulls to not do that for lebron.

still1ballin
07-09-2010, 02:22 PM
wow

HOWE do i do it
07-09-2010, 02:23 PM
As much as I wanted LeBron to be a bull, I'm kind of glad our organization stayed firm on this.

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 02:24 PM
That sucks.

They should've gotten jobs for all his buddies and signed Dru Joyce and Romeo Travis to contracts.

Kakaroach
07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Broussard just explained it on ESPN, surprising that something like perks could sway someone's decision.

Teeboy1487
07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Classy move by the Bulls for staying firm.

mjt20mik
07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
That sucks.

They should've gotten jobs for all his buddies and signed Dru Joyce and Romeo Travis to contracts.

Don't forget about Willie, and Sian!

D1JM
07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
if jordan didnt get star treatment like that why would Lebron get it

Illinirob83
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Should they have hired him a local hooker in every city they went to as well to greet him in his hotel room? What an unprofessional bum James is. He carried himself like a child. What we hate about celebrities.....don't go much further than Lbj to know why.

ayuntalo
07-09-2010, 02:32 PM
not true..
i dont believe Broussard he is just saying this to keep the media attention..

even if the world hates lebron he is one of a kind talent and if this was true i believe the bull will not hesitate on giving lebron that favor because they know the bulls will gain more by winning the championship

ayuntalo
07-09-2010, 02:32 PM
not true..

even if the world hates lebron he is one of a kind talent and if this was true i believe the bull will not hesitate on giving lebron that favor because they know the bulls will gain more by winning the championship

D1JM
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
not true..

u dont know our owner than, ask MJ

Giaps
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Lefailure has really done a great job at destroying his brand in such a short period of time.

Hellcrooner
07-09-2010, 02:34 PM
so i assume heat has givn in with all that ridiculousness.

just when i thought i coudlnt have less respect for them.

D.Rose#1
07-09-2010, 02:35 PM
lebrons a ***** if that was the deciding factor. Hes no better than jordan so he doesnt deserve anything.

ayuntalo
07-09-2010, 02:37 PM
u dont know our owner than, ask MJ

i wish i can ask MJ :D
but yeah dont know much bout your owner..
but still dont believe this rumor is true

Gibby23
Why should Pookie get a job when there are a bunch of educated people out of work. Good job Bulls.

Eightyfive Y'aw
Good for us. Honor and dicipline are important. You guys should read the Wojo article on Yahoo. "Easy come easy go" Wow. Just Wow. This is what happens when the world's best basketball talent hires an average best friend to be his business manager. Idiots. Sorry Clevelanders what a joke.

netsgiantsyanks
Don't forget about Willie, and Sian!

and dont forget about strawberry shortcake and the kool-aid man!! " OH YEAH, we're going to miami" :)

29$JerZ
07-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Props to the Bulls organization, you don't put a player above your franchise.
Wow.

D-Block21-Chito
not true..

lol you don't know Jerry! No way jerry would stand for that. Unfortunatly I know that would hurt us.. oh well. Lets find out a way to get Brandon Roy now :speechless:

Heater4life

i dont know about that report, if he was looking for perks he would stayed.

why no respect?

Weezy
07-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Bold statement by the Bulls. Nice.

NYtilIdie
07-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I read that was the main reason why Lebron's inner circle didn't want to leave Cleveland because in Cleveland the people in his inner circle were somebody, but in Chicago or NY they'd be nobodies.

Lebron's making the same mistake Hedo made, don't let other people run your career for you because in the end you'll end up hating the situation you're in. Not saying he's going to hate MIA, but you never know.

SchyGuy11
07-09-2010, 02:41 PM
He has enough money anyway. Why does he need the Bulls to pay for his family and friends? Man i hate Lebron more and more everyday. I'm glad the Bulls did what they did. Can't wait to knock the Heat out of the playoffs!

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 02:42 PM
and dont forget about strawberry shortcake and the kool-aid man!! " OH YEAH, we're going to miami" :)

Dont forget about LeBron's dad.

:laugh2:

Carey
07-09-2010, 02:44 PM
So im guessing Dru Joyce will be backing up Chalmers at the 1 this year lol

HOWE do i do it
07-09-2010, 02:45 PM
not true..

This was actually reported right after his meeting with the Bulls as well. Not surprising in the least.

Hugbees
07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Broussard was dead wrong the entire time and finally mentioned the heat a month after Stephen A. Right now he is just covering his own ***. GTFO

ecorrea
07-09-2010, 02:47 PM
fake excuse from lebron. riley, wade, bosh, and bron knew months ago this team was going to form. its just another way they are trying to distract us from that. we were dooped and the FA tour by these guys was just for show and defense. itll all come out, mark my words.

Swift n Sil3nt
Im a Knicks fan and for all the bashing we can do inter-teams, i have a lot of respect if the Bulls actually denied these perks.

Good job guys!

IAmKira
This whole entourage thing has gotten out of hand. Here his quote "I'm making decisions that make Lebron happy". Not Lebron's friend... 2 face bum

ohreally
07-09-2010, 02:52 PM
If this is true it seems a p*** poor way to pick a team, though I suppose if all else was equal he's have to look that far down the list of importance.

I was sort of giving LeBron a pass because he didn't try to pull any sort of sugarcoated BS to assuage Cleveland, which I think would ultimately have been worse. I was hoping he would stay there, not only for Cleveland's needs, but because I reallyreallyreally don't like all the stripping-the-cupboard-bare strategies that teams employed. I can certainly understand the pull of playing with two guys that he sees as being near his level though, and it showed that maybe he isn't as ego-driven as he can sound and seem.

Of course if the perks was his deciding factor, maybe I was wrong. I don't have as many on-court questions about the three coexisting as others seem to, but if his marketing team consumes the air around the team, I'm really not sure how long Wade would be fine with that; I think that's something Wade has never really had to be faced with in his past relationship with LeBron.

Oldmantrash
07-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Just shows that he's an egotistical jerk.
I'll be rooting for you guys in the east until my Nets get better.

Never thought I would say that,but I hate the guy with a passion now.

REALLYYYYY?
07-09-2010, 02:55 PM
not true..

but the bulls with lebron woulda been better than the heat with lebron. if it is not the case that lebron chose some team other than the bulls because the bulls would not give him and his friends and family special favors, then what is the real reason why lebron did not choose the bulls?

mikantsass
07-09-2010, 02:55 PM

Did a 4yr old make that sig?

ecorrea
07-09-2010, 03:03 PM
lebron tanked against the celts. this is just an easy excuse as to why he didnt go to the bulls. he knew he was never going, same with wade, and same with bosh. makes me so angry. guess the only victory comes this upcoming season when every team gives the heat its all on a nightly basis. will be nice to see em fail.

Stunner
07-09-2010, 03:09 PM
And he only gave 2 million to charity last night for the show, i thought all of it was going to them. smh

zambo4president
07-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Good. **** you LeBron you greedy piece of ****. Im so glad the Bulls decided they wouldn't get on their knees for him.

The Raven
07-09-2010, 03:32 PM
What a little ***** Lebron is