PDA

View Full Version : More vitriol from Gilbert - Lebron Fatheads

LionBryan
07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
We all know about fatheads - the life size pin-ups of players and team logos that people buy to hang on their walls. Dan Gilbert is also the owner of Fathead.

Today, Lebron James Cavalier fatheads have gone on clearance from their normal $99.99 price to $17.41.

What is the significance of 1741?

It was the year the infamous former U.S. Continental Army General Benedict Arnold became traitor and defected to the British Army during the Revolutionary War.

Jays Claw
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Dan Gilbert is one bad man.

McPeak92
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Gilbert is my homeboy.

kriviant
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I had no idea he owned Fathead. You learn something new every day.

mjt20mik
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
WOW Gilbert is one funny character

Raoul Duke
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
I have to admit, the bigger an *** he makes of himself, the more I like him.

GSW Hoops
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
We all know about fatheads - the life size pin-ups of players and team logos that people buy to hang on their walls. Dan Gilbert is also the owner of Fathead.

Today, Lebron James Cavalier fatheads have gone on clearance from their normal $99.99 price to $17.41.

It was the year the infamous former U.S. Continental Army General Benedict Arnold became traitor and defected to the British Army during the Revolutionary War.

The Revolutionary War was 1776. The year 1741 was the year Benedict Arnold was born.

m26555
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
He is officially the best man in HISTORY.

Thisisouryear!!
07-09-2010, 12:38 PM
HAHAHA Gilbert is right lebron is bit$h....the man quit at 25, sad.

D1JM
07-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Maybe delonte should give Gilbert some of his pills to relax him or maybe go and do Lebrons mom too. A threesome.

REALLYYYYY?

lol. that is so awesome.

The Raven
Talk about a deal

MaHaRaJaH
07-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Lawl

Epicfailure
07-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh man, my life goal is to have a beer with this man. I'm sure it would be endlessly entertaining.

titanchased
07-09-2010, 12:46 PM
I love this guy

D1JM
07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
The Revolutionary War was 1776. The year 1741 was the year Benedict Arnold was born.

nice to see some fellow psd know a little history for a change

Jenceman
07-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Gilbert is a bo$$.

Wrench
07-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Gilbert is a fool. You all might think this is funny, but what do you think the Cavs players are thinking? There not going to respect him at all.

He has lost ALOT of creditability around the league. Who will want to do a Trade with him? No one.

m26555
07-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Gilbert is a fool. You all might think this is funny, but what do you think the Cavs players are thinking? There not going to respect him at all.

He has lost ALOT of creditability around the league. Who will want to do a Trade with him? No one.
I'll bet most of them agree with him.

ayuntalo
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
on the other side...nice sale..
hmmm...
should we buy one?? haha

Young2Kinsler
07-09-2010, 12:58 PM
He's a moron. He keeps making it easier and easier on LeBron leaving town.

D1JM
07-09-2010, 12:58 PM

u think? Team executives are probably making Dan Gilbert t-shirts as you guys make the bandwagon tshirts

hawksd911
07-09-2010, 01:01 PM
i just hoped on the Cavs bandwagon... until they play the hawks then they can go to hell lol

Sly Guy
07-09-2010, 01:02 PM
I'll bet most of them agree with him.

this. I don't think LeBron is getting much support league-wide right now.

DC Laker
07-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Anyone who thinks the league is not going to trade with this guy, that the Cav's players won't respect him or whatever.... Is smokin something!!!

What person hasn't said some trash after a bad break-up? Who hasn't ranted after getting fired? Who hasn't yelled a storm of hate after getting kicked in the groin?

The guy is allowed some lattitude. He just lost HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON NATIONAL TV!!! His entire franchise is worth a TON less then it was... they aint gonna be on TV again (except the games against LeBron)... His ticket sales just disappeared...

This guy has earned an entire week of laying on the floor with a bottle, ans saying what he wants!!!

Wrench
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
this. I don't think LeBron is getting much support league-wide right now.

Then your wrong. Pretty much all of the players on Twitter have said they agree with him. Dwight called out the people burning the jerseys.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/2cv0km

ecorrea
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
i dont know what u couple guys talkin ish about gilbert are smoking.

HE IS TELLIN IT LIKE IT IS.

Bron is a primadona. Gilbert put up with it and kept his mouth shut in hopes he would actually stay. Bron embarasses the Cavs organization, the city of cleveland, and himself on a 1 hr nationally televised spectacle. Gilbert is more than allowed to tell everything that was going on behind the scenes.

Guys. This three headed monster was decided on after Bron tanked in the postseason. These guys knew. They played us all for fools. They played defense against the Bulls, Knicks, Nets, Clips, Cavs. They think they were smooth. But believe me, you can quote me on this, **** is gonna hit the fan when the world finds out what really hapened.

Melo15
07-09-2010, 01:07 PM

Mo Williams sure seemed to like it

Apophis
07-09-2010, 01:14 PM

LMAO... Now this is really funny....

Apophis
07-09-2010, 01:15 PM
i dont know what u couple guys talkin ish about gilbert are smoking.

HE IS TELLIN IT LIKE IT IS.

Bron is a primadona. Gilbert put up with it and kept his mouth shut in hopes he would actually stay. Bron embarasses the Cavs organization, the city of cleveland, and himself on a 1 hr nationally televised spectacle. Gilbert is more than allowed to tell everything that was going on behind the scenes.

Guys. This three headed monster was decided on after Bron tanked in the postseason. These guys knew. They played us all for fools. They played defense against the Bulls, Knicks, Nets, Clips, Cavs. They think they were smooth. But believe me, you can quote me on this, **** is gonna hit the fan when the world finds out what really hapened.

Yeah , I think it will eventually come out...

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 01:15 PM
leader of the hating bufoon squad.

i dont care how much money the franchise will lose. his leftovers are more than my family will ever see.

its a classless response to a not very classy act.

DaBUU
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
hes kind of embarrasing himself now

ImThatDude
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I Love Gilbert!

Where has he been all these years????

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 01:19 PM
I Love Gilbert!

Where has he been all these years????

raking in lebrons revenues.

and before that, building a terrible, terrible franchise.

this guy is a clown. people are just so upset with lebron that they see him as a hero. its laughable, the entire thing. makes me embarrassed to be a sports fan to see how far people are taking this.

ecorrea
07-09-2010, 01:19 PM
hes not embarrasing himself at all. people are going to slowly begin to realize that riley and the 3 FAs dooped us all. they knew what was going to happen for months. riley tampered but i dont think it will be proven to the point where stern can do anything. but these guys pissed enough people off that people are gonna start talking. and it has already started with Gilbert pointing out how bron tanked this postseason. the tape doesnt lie.

LionBryan
07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
leader of the hating bufoon squad.

i dont care how much money the franchise will lose. his leftovers are more than my family will ever see.

its a classless response to a not very classy act.

To add to that, anyone who knows anythign about Gilbert knows he owns the Michigan company that recklessly and knowingly put tons of homeowners into bad mortgages. It wouldn't be unfair to say that he is the individual most at blame for the housing market catastrophe and beaten down economy in Michigan. Maybe he's onto something with the karma talk.

jrm2054
07-09-2010, 01:21 PM
love this guy

Melo15
hes not embarrasing himself at all. people are going to slowly begin to realize that riley and the 3 FAs dooped us all. they knew what was going to happen for months. riley tampered but i dont think it will be proven to the point where stern can do anything. but these guys pissed enough people off that people are gonna start talking. and it has already started with Gilbert pointing out how bron tanked this postseason. the tape doesnt lie.

:clap:

ecorrea
gilbert, even is he made tons of $s off of lebron, never deserved what bron put him and the city of cleveland through. he could of done it like kevin durant did and just report it to the AP. but instead he acted like a ******* and had to embarass them on national tv on a 1 hr suck my c*ck espn special. now thats some ish

NYKalltheway
07-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Dan the man!

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 01:24 PM
gilbert, even is he made tons of $s off of lebron, never deserved what bron put him and the city of cleveland through. he could of done it like kevin durant did and just report it to the AP. but instead he acted like a ******* and had to embarass them on national tv on a 1 hr suck my c*ck espn special. now thats some ish

right. if lebron just announced it through ap, none of this hysteria would have gone on.

gimmie a break.

the reason durants went under the radar is cause EVERYONE WAS WATCHING LEBRON. I commended Durant, started the thread, but it got swallowed up amongst the hysteria.

this is just sad.

Randy West
07-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Cry much Gilbert?

Giantwarrior
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Genius....Pure Genius. im glad he has all of these hidden metaphors.

im sure he stays up all night thinking about ways to mess with Lebron. cant blame him im sure the value of the Cavs dropped 200 million dollars.

Giantwarrior
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
keep it coming... Gilbert!

shep33
07-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Gilbert is a thug... and I love it!

This guy is my new favorite owner... haha so angry its awesome. He's just giving it to LBJ.... hard!

LA_Raiders
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Great Move...

Give the queen what she deserves...

mike_noodles
07-09-2010, 01:33 PM
hahahaha, I love Dan Gilbert!!!! And don't worry Cleveland fans, us here in Toronto understand the anger and frustration.

DaBUU
07-09-2010, 01:33 PM

he's acting like a victim and hes not. Yes Lebron did them dirty by the way he left, but you cant hate him becuase he left. The initial reaction from Gilbert was justified, but now its just silly. Gilbert is snake himself, made countless millions off of Lebrons back, caved in to everything Lebron ever asked for, and now hes upset? This is a guy who made his money off of bad mortgage loans and suspect pay day loans that charge 1000% interest sometimes and does it all in the inner cities of America. Lets not act like hes an angel in all this. I do feel bad for Cleveland fans, i know how much I love the Bulls and all our teams, but i aint gonna feel bad for this millionaire who helped make his own bed.

Frezhnitz
07-09-2010, 01:39 PM
lol

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 01:39 PM
he's acting like a victim and hes not. Yes Lebron did them dirty by the way he left, but you cant hate him becuase he left. The initial reaction from Gilbert was justified, but now its just silly. Gilbert is snake himself, made countless millions off of Lebrons back, caved in to everything Lebron ever asked for, and now hes upset? This is a guy who made his money off of bad mortgage loans and suspect pay day loans that charge 1000% interest sometimes and does it all in the inner cities of America. Lets not act like hes an angel in all this. I do feel bad for Cleveland fans, i know how much I love the Bulls and all our teams, but i aint gonna feel bad for this millionaire who helped make his own bed.

at least someone understands...

iggypop123
07-09-2010, 01:41 PM
that aint a bad price. you can buy them just to burn them

ecorrea
07-09-2010, 01:41 PM
i didnt know about all the mortgage backed securities. thats fair. all those deals were shady and u cant ever forgive him for that. does make him sound like more of a cryer. but back to the main point, bron did the cavs org and their fans so wrong.

roshan3ai
07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
:laugh: Gilbert is awesome

Rivera
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh man, my life goal is to have a beer with this man. I'm sure it would be endlessly entertaining.

him.......jerry jones......mark cuban........then party boatwith the nets russian owner

omdigga
07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
thats funny... both bron and gilbert could have gone about this in a better way...
on that note.. F the South***** Trio...

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
i didnt know about all the mortgage backed securities. thats fair. all those deals were shady and u cant ever forgive him for that. does make him sound like more of a cryer. but back to the main point, bron did the cavs org and their fans so wrong.

he handled it poorly. very poorly and got too caught up in himself to see how his decision would reverberate around the sports world.

that being said...

cleveland fans are allowed to be devestated. but dont ask why.

"MR COOL" dan gilbert and the cavs had 7 years to do WHATEVER THEY WANTED to surround lbj with a contender and it didnt happen.

its good to see lebrons ego isnt too big for him to understand he needed a new start.

and with that on his mind, how could you say no to playing with two great friends who also happen to be perennial all-stars?

cleveland fans can mourn. everyone else is just bitter, jealous, scared or all three.

RaiderLakersA's
07-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Lmao!

gsplrktz
07-09-2010, 02:18 PM
To add to that, anyone who knows anythign about Gilbert knows he owns the Michigan company that recklessly and knowingly put tons of homeowners into bad mortgages. It wouldn't be unfair to say that he is the individual most at blame for the housing market catastrophe and beaten down economy in Michigan. Maybe he's onto something with the karma talk.

You're insane :facepalm:. Do you realize that the automotive industry is king in Detroit and Michigan? The government had to bail out the auto makers, not Dan Gilbert. You have no idea what you're talking about. It's unfortunate that anyone can write whatever they want on the Intertubes.

BigBlueCrew
07-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I really love Gilbert right now. Too funny

LionBryan
07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
You're insane :facepalm:. Do you realize that the automotive industry is king in Detroit and Michigan? The government had to bail out the auto makers, not Dan Gilbert. You have no idea what you're talking about. It's unfortunate that anyone can write whatever they want on the Intertubes.

I live in metro Detroit and I'm a business major, but thanks for that. Also? Your reading comprehension needs work. Please explain to me how the government bailout of the automotive industry has anything to do with the housing market in Michigan. Actually, don't. I would be more grateful if your 1 post on this website were your last.

Gagan136
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
It was good that he is saying these things but he should focus on signing someone or getting something in a trade cause we all no the Cavs are doomed if they dont get someone that has good talent, the team has talent they just need more to compete with good teams.

mark1125
07-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I hate to put another LeFavre related post, but this was funny.

LeBron fatheads are now priced at $17.41. Benedict Arnold was born in 1741. Anyone want to guess who owns Fathead? You guessed it......Dan Gilbert.

bomber0104
07-09-2010, 03:03 PM
thats great

black1605
07-09-2010, 03:04 PM
already posted