PDA

View Full Version : Does Kobe become America's hero if he beats the evil Miami empire in the NBA Finals?

CowboysKB24
07-09-2010, 11:42 AM
If Lakers and Heat play in the finals next year... what does it mean for his legacy if they win?

If they lose?

If Kobe and the Lakers beat the Heat I think Kobe will undoubtedly be the second best player of all time, and challenge Jordan as the G.O.A.T.

If he loses I don't think his legacy will change much. Finals appearances don't really mean anything. The champions are the only ones remembered.

jrm2054
07-09-2010, 11:45 AM
If he wins his third title without shaq he would be on 6 like jordan and def in talks for GOAT.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Kobe has to be the GOAT. I mean the simple fact that he can make a jumpshot with you hanging off his balls has to count for something :laugh2:. J/k man don't take it too personally.

_Supreme_
It isn't exactly like Kobe is alone out there. He has an extremely good and stacked team himself.

I really really hate how people continue selling Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum, Fisher, etc short :pity:

Sly Guy
I still think kobe has a greater supporting cast than jordan ever did, however, jordan never came up against lebron, wade and bosh caliber players all playing together. So I don't know, it'll put him in that conversation for sure.

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Kobe has to be the GOAT. I mean the simple fact that he can make a jumpshot with you hanging off his balls has to count for something :laugh2:. J/k man don't take it too personally.

He might be able to make that jumpshot with you or me hanging off his balls, MJ could make the jumpshot with Bryon Russell hanging off his balls.

GSW Hoops
07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Kobe slays the three-headed dragon!

GSW Hoops
07-09-2010, 11:53 AM
He might be able to make that jumpshot with you or me hanging off his balls, MJ could make the jumpshot with Bryon Russell hanging off his balls.

Only after pushing off :D

Cracka2HI!
07-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Nice someone was able to combine another Kobe thread with another LeBron thread!!

Jaji
07-09-2010, 12:03 PM

Haha you beat me to it.

futureman
07-09-2010, 12:10 PM
If the Lakers win, Kobe will be offically better than Jordan. But people are living in a world of make believe if they think they can beat the Heat. That team has 10 year dynasty ahead of them at least.

masalex1205
07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
LOL, people who say Kobe can be in the GOAT conversation didn't watch MJ play

8kobe24
07-09-2010, 12:12 PM

aha, jordan's kid...is that you again?

LionBryan
07-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I say yes.

Stunner
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM

Yup Kobe might have as many rings as Mike but Mike did way more over his career that its too late for Kobe to catch him.

MaHaRaJaH
07-09-2010, 12:17 PM
or it's irrelevant?

LionBryan
07-09-2010, 12:18 PM
No it's not, dum dum.

MaHaRaJaH
Sure it is. People will forget or not care :shrug:

DaBUU
you can see it happening already. Kobe is now Superman and the heat are now the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

ddaughtry
It would mean that Gasol/Bynum/Artest/Fisher/Blake/Walton/Vujajic/Brown/Odom and whoever else is on the team had a great series. For Kobe, it will be his 6th championship ring. He would immediately become the greatest Laker of all-time and right or wrong, he would have to be mentioned in the G.O.A.T. conversation with Jordan and Russell.

If he loses, I think everyone will understand. A team with Wade/James/Bosh as the core is going to be challenging to beat 4 times in 7 games. I think the Laker organization will look for a way to counter in the following off-season. I feel like Bryant/Artest/Gasol can hold there own though, especially considering the rest of the Lakers roster is going to be far superior than the Heats, regardless of who they get.

BALLER R
07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I would bet kobes fan base rise next season if that were to happen

stawka
07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Enough with these ****ed up threads please

LionBryan
07-09-2010, 12:21 PM
If the 2011 Finals are Lakers v Heat, I would guarantee that the majority of non-Lakers and non-Heat fans go from not having a dog in that race to greatly pulling for the Lakers.

RenegadeRiot36
07-09-2010, 12:22 PM
honestly, i used to hate everything about kobe, until yesterday. i never really appreciated what he did for the game, how he goes in day in and day out for the game, not the business. i will definately be rooting for him while the cavs and jazz are in a funk

shep33
07-09-2010, 12:25 PM
It would mean that Kobe Bryant can never be compared to Lebron, Wade, etc. In my opinion, it would make Jordan #1 still, but Kobe would be 1a.

Its funny though, because if Kobe and the Lakers lose to the Heat, it wouldn't be a tarnish as much on Kobe's legacy than on Lebron's if the Heat lose to the Lakers.

kriviant
07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't say he becomes "America's hero," but there will definitely be an increase in people rooting for the Lakers, assuming a Lakers-Heat finals.

Sure there are people changing their minds since this situation happened, but there are plenty of Laker haters out there as is. So no, not America's hero.

D1JM
jordan is the goat and with lebron moving to miami even made Jordan bigger than ever

dnewguy
Kobe would have to worry about Durrant first.

td0tsfinest
07-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Screw Kobe. Superman will take care of the job :superman:

Hawkeye15
07-09-2010, 12:27 PM
hahahah
no

REALLYYYYY?
07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
i'm not exactly sure what it means for kobe but i certainly know what it means for LeLoser. it will be devastating to LeLoser's legacy if he does not win with the all-star team known as the heat (on which he is now a sidekick).

king4day
07-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Not the hero, but more people will root for him.

Young$avage
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Kobe is the anti-hero, a la The Punisher.

Hellcrooner
07-09-2010, 12:32 PM
if he does it while PAu and Bynum and artest and odom are injured than YES.

If they do it because a tam with TWO stars good role players and good BENCH is beter than 3 stars 1 half star and a bunch of crap then no

nycsports2
07-09-2010, 12:32 PM
hell yes

celtsballa21
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I doubt the Heat will make it there. It takes a lot more than minimum contract players to win a championship. They have 3 stars but thats going to be it. They will be playing 3 on 8 when they are playing the Celtics, Lakers, or Bulls. They wont make it.

ackar
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
all this talk is premature

ragman
07-09-2010, 12:37 PM
If the 2011 Finals are Lakers v Heat, I would guarantee that the majority of non-Lakers and non-Heat fans go from not having a dog in that race to greatly pulling for the Lakers.

I, for one, will not be rooting for the Lakers. This will be the only time I will root for Miami.

topdog
07-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Kobe is not a hero. I think he definitely could add to his legacy if he (and Gasol, Bynum and Odom) beat them in the finals.

Da Knicks
07-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Miami vs L.A. = douchebags #1 vs douchebags #2 choose your order!

Da Knicks
07-09-2010, 12:41 PM
if he does it while PAu and Bynum and artest and odom are injured than YES.

If they do it because a tam with TWO stars good role players and good BENCH is beter than 3 stars 1 half star and a bunch of crap then no

this:clap::D

REALLYYYYY?
Enough with these ****ed up threads please

lol. heat fan?

Slimsim
Durant would be my hero if he take out Kobe and The 3 headed trio in Miami

The Raven
07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Im sure more peope will be rooting for him more then ever.

Rivera
07-09-2010, 12:44 PM
i want to agree

but some how someway people will still hate on kobe

masalex1205
07-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Miami vs L.A. = douchebags #1 vs douchebags #2 choose your order!

Yep...Go Thunder!

Indi23
07-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Theres two types of people kobe fans and kobe haters. They never switch.

Denver-boy
07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
HAHA the Cleveland fans!!!! the Bull Fans!!!! Net FAns!!! KNick FANS!!!! you all are stupid!! i will hate kobe til the world ends... the hate of jealousy, im sure most fan love the 3 headed monster.... lol lmao

R. Johnson#3
07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I wanted him to beat the Celtics this year just because I hate KG now. But I am now legitimately rooting for the Lakers during the season (2nd to the Raps of course) just so Kobe can face off against Miami in the finals, win then rub it in the World's face.

Famous6
07-09-2010, 12:50 PM
i want to agree

but some how someway people will still hate on kobe

this :clap:

Thisisouryear!!
07-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Yes, fu$$k the heat.

JordansBulls
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Gasol > Bosh

So I don't this Kobe is beating 3 guys.

Lakers length and depth will help them. Also Kobe actually has to play well and be the best player on the court for that to happen.

Human FlameShld
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
No it's not, dum dum.

How could any ever argue with this well thought out and inspired logical point.

GrandDaddyPurp
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
It seems like L.A fans are already considering themselves as underdogs but wont admit it. Haha. They're saying Kobe will cement himself as the G.O.A.T (or close) if they defeat the Miami Trio but if Miami wins it wont mean as much.

NYKalltheway
07-09-2010, 12:57 PM
No but if the Heat turn out as good as people think and Kobe stops them, then Kobe is one of all time's greatest. Now he's just considered a great player with a lucky career.

LTBaByyy
07-09-2010, 01:00 PM
If Kobe beats the Miami Cheat in a finals

I will buy a kobe jersey hahahaha and im a die hard mavs fan!!!!!!

Tony_Starks
07-09-2010, 01:02 PM
It would solidify his position as the best to ever do it... yet and still Im sure some Lebron groupies will find a way to say he's still better.

GAWDtv
07-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Kobe is already a part of the Evil Lakers empire so thats a resounding NO. These three Great Character guys teamed up to beat the Evil Empires of the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics, check the history, do the math...

Sly Guy
07-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I say yes.

I do too. And I hate the lakers. And I hate Kobe. And I still kinda like Chris Bosh. But Kobe is my hero if he slays this 3-headed travesty.

LionBryan
07-09-2010, 01:04 PM
How could any ever argue with this well thought out and inspired logical point.

Didn't really warrant a well thought out and inspired logical point, dum dum.

YankeeFan28
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
All the Kobe haters over the years are now Kobe fans. Without a doubt.

GAWDtv
07-09-2010, 01:08 PM
It would mean that Gasol/Bynum/Artest/Fisher/Blake/Walton/Vujajic/Brown/Odom and whoever else is on the team had a great series. For Kobe, it will be his 6th championship ring. He would immediately become the greatest Laker of all-time and right or wrong, he would have to be mentioned in the G.O.A.T. conversation with Jordan and Russell.

If he loses, I think everyone will understand. A team with Wade/James/Bosh as the core is going to be challenging to beat 4 times in 7 games. I think the Laker organization will look for a way to counter in the following off-season. I feel like Bryant/Artest/Gasol can hold there own though, especially considering the rest of the Lakers roster is going to be far superior than the Heats, regardless of who they get.

Since Kobe Won his 5th Ring and was GIVEN his 2nd Finals MVP I hear the Pundits claiming

"MJ got 6, Kobe got 5, so until he has six MJ is still the G.O.A.T."

Well the Greatest of All Time is not measured by Championships, it is measured by Finals MVP Trophies.

Not Season MVPs as Kobe is not even in any conversation here:

Multiple Winners
6 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5 - Michael Jordan
5 - Bill Russell
4 - Wilt Chamberlain
3 - Larry Bird
3 - Magic Johnson
3 - Moses Malone
2 - Tim Duncan
2 - Karl Malone
2 - Steve Nash
2 - Bob Pettit

Finals MVP is the true Measure because if I'm not mistaken this is how much better MJ really was:

6 - MJ
3 - Magic
3 - Shaq
3 - Tim Duncan
2- Willis Reed
2- Kareem
2 - Larry Bird
2 - Hakeem
2 - Kobe

What do you believe is the true Measure of the Greatest of ALL Time?

numba1CHANGsta
07-09-2010, 01:08 PM
LBJ is gonna mess up his chance at being the GOAT and if Kobe wins the MVP next season cuz LBJ cant anymore cuz of all the stars on his team, and if his team beats the Heat in the Finals and wins the Finals MVP then Kobe becomes top three of all time with MJ and Kareem

thaboss318
07-09-2010, 01:12 PM
All the Kobe haters over the years are now Kobe fans. Without a doubt.

I have never been a Kobe "hater" but I never really cared for the guy...but if he makes it to the Finals against the Heat...I'll definitely be cheering for him...

NYYankeesWin#27
07-09-2010, 01:13 PM
yes. i officially love kobe

Avenged
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't understand why all the hate for the Heat all of a sudden. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were among the most loved and now they join forces and they're the most hated? Reminds me of the Lakers. :laugh2:

Wade is okay in my book, I don't care for Bosh, as for Lebron I just want to see him fail.

The Heat are going to have trouble coming out of the East especially when going up against the Magic.

As far as the whole Kobe thing, I don't think it would add to his legacy. Sure, the championship would but not the fact that his team beat "Wade, Lebron, and Bosh" because aside of Wade, those 2 haven't won anything yet.

AirZach
07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
kobe will never be americas hero. thats worse than appointing roethlisberger the nations hero after this summer. this thread is pointless

Giantwarrior
07-09-2010, 01:22 PM

i watched Jordan play, but we all remember the great MJ. he had a lot of bad games, and shooting nights as well, but we easily forget about that. He cheated on his wife like kobe. Jordan got a ton of *****, but it was never leaked. we have this Idea of MJ the greatest of all time. the whole league put him on that pedistal and held him to that regard. to basketball fans MJ was God and no one can surpass him.

in kobes case he is a hell of a player and for him to do what he does in this League right now is ********. the talent level right now is 5X better then MJ's era.

Giantwarrior
07-09-2010, 01:24 PM

i watched Jordan play, but we all remember the great MJ. he had a lot of bad games, and shooting nights as well, but we easily forget about that. He cheated on his wife like kobe. Jordan got a ton of *****, but it was never leaked. we have this Idea of MJ the greatest of all time. the whole league put him on that pedistal and held him to that regard. to basketball fans MJ was God and no one can surpass him.

in kobes case he is a hell of a player and for him to do what he does in this League right now is ********. the talent level right now is 5X better then MJ's era.

Jordan was the only real GREAT player of his time. and we all watched him.

now we have, Koke, Prince James, wade, D'Howard, etc....

appreciate it for what it is.

Rivera
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Yep...Go Thunder!

yup go thunder!

and go magic!!!!!!!!

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 01:30 PM
LMAO @ the guys who think Kobe winning a 6th ship automatically makes him the G.O.A.T.

No matter how many championships Kobe wins he'll never be better than Michael Jordan. Live with it and move on. Or get a time machine and go see Jordan play because you guys are in serious need of a history lesson.

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 01:31 PM

Jordan was the only real GREAT player of his time. and we all watched him.

now we have, Koke, Prince James, wade, D'Howard, etc....

appreciate it for what it is.

you just wasted 5 mins of your life typing this....

:facepalm: you must be joking

Storch
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
One thing is for sure. Jordan has never won a title against a team as good as a lebron wade bosh team. Kobe will definitely take the crown away from jordan if he wins, imo.

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM

are you serious right now dude. I mean wow you can be.... sigh :facepalm:

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
One thing is for sure. Jordan has never won a title against a team as good as a lebron wade bosh team. Kobe will definitely take the crown away from jordan if he wins, imo.

Jordan also never had a post presence and of all the Dynasties in the history of the NBA the bulls are the only one with a real big post scorer inside. So????

Da Knicks
07-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Kobe is already a part of the Evil Lakers empire so thats a resounding NO. These three Great Character guys teamed up to beat the Evil Empires of the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics, check the history, do the math...

:clap: good observation!:D

rawz
07-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Doesnt matter if Kobe becomes "better" or not. Jordan's legacy is virtually untouchable.

Jordan marketed himself well.. Plus he played in a time where there wasnt has much nit picking and camara phones, where every little thing gets scrutinized and pushed on the internet.

Jordan's legacy is safe.

WillisLovechild
07-09-2010, 01:38 PM
If Lakers and Heat play in the finals next year... what does it mean for his legacy if they win?

If they lose?

If Kobe and the Lakers beat the Heat I think Kobe will undoubtedly be the second best player of all time, and challenge Jordan as the G.O.A.T.

If he loses I don't think his legacy will change much. Finals appearances don't really mean anything. The champions are the only ones remembered.

Wrong. Kobe has a long way to go until he is considered second best ever, let alone challenge Jordan. He has a ways to go before he is even considered the best Laker of all time. Finals appearances don't mean much? They definitely matter if you're being talked about as one of the greatest ever. How many times did Jordan go to the Finals and lose? You probably think Kobe will be second best undoubtedly because you know very little about the all time greats. Kobe won't be seen as a hero, he's just as much of a punk as any of the new big three. Kobe and Lebron are on the same level of douche.

mlisica19
07-09-2010, 01:42 PM
If kobe wins again, he must be talked about as 1 or 2 of all time. If he wins against miami, he will do something no one has done. And beat a so called dream team.

Phil jackson will out coach any body who coaches them, and in playoffs chemistry/focus/hardwork/study/film/schemes is all what phil and the lakes are about.

If they match up...
James and Artest (artest can easily get into his head, he won't be afraid. Artest can stop lebron and if not kobe or odom can be a decent match up to at least limit the guy)
Wade and Kobe (kobe easily takes this, kobe will study wades every move along with james' and he will be able to play great d on these so called elite)
Gasol and bosh (even match up in my eyes, but then again this isn't a game of one on ones, gasol will have help to doninate bosh with bynum)

Heck you can even say on miamis side
James covers odom
Wade covers kobe
Bosh covers gasol

But who will cover artest fisher bynum. Lol

Forget kobe and the lakes
Celtics
Rondo gets better immensley every year thus far, and still I feel underrated
Wade covers rondo
James covers pierce
Bosh gets garnet

I bet their other 2 starters will be so weak that nate robinson can take over a game. Perkins? Davis? Now I'm not sure what changes they got but they did just sign JO, do they have rasheed? Lol. They played a agreat game of bball in game 7 by stopping the lakers.

Bulls? If bosh got noah. Whose got boozer. Then wade got to match up with rose.

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 01:42 PM
No...you think most people will root for rapist?:facepalm:

Catfish1314
07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
The Kobe hate is going to look considerably dwarfed compared to this. Kobe has only been improving himself while LeBron just became an enemy to the fans of a hanful of teams.

Especially if the Heat start doing that same **** LeBron had the Cavs doing in Cleveland. Dancing during timeouts, introductions, halftime, on the bench during the game, etc.

WillisLovechild
07-09-2010, 01:45 PM

I don't quite see how the Lakers are an evil empire. Is it because they are a great team with a few big names? The heat should be considered just as 'evil' of an empire as any other team, solely because of Lebron. While Kobe definitely isn't a great character guy, neither is Lebron. Lebron is as cocky and egocentric as any athlete I've ever seen. I definitely don't see how the Celtics are an evil empire. KG, one of the highest character guys for the past decade? It seems 'evil empires' are just top teams, so the Heat are right up there now. I hate Kobe, Pierce and Rondo as much as I do Lebron, but you're creating a bit of a double standard here.

J4KOP99
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Kobe haters are great.

When the Lakers lose, it is all Kobe's fault. He wasn't good enough to win it for them.

When the Lakers win, he has the best supporting cast in the league, Gasol is the best big man, Bynum is one of the best centers to play, Odom is amazing off the bench, Artest is the best defender, so on and so forth.

The hate always has, and always will be ridiculous. If you want to think Kobe is better than MJ(Which I strongly disagree with) then go for it. If you believe MJ is the greatest, good for you. It doesnt matter at this point.

If Kobe and the Lakers beat the Heat in the finals, Kobe will be cemented as one of the top-5 greatest basketball players of all-time. 20 years from now, all these current reporters will be gone and when the new batch comes in, they will all love Kobe the way the current media loves Michael. That's how it works.

cmellofan15
07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
why does every Laker fan hate Miami now? ehh probably because they couldn't take on LeBron or Dwyane individually so this is like the biggest threat they've ever seen.

HOWE do i do it
07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
i really want the lakers to dominate the heat if they are to meet in the finals.

ATX
07-09-2010, 01:51 PM

I almost fell out of my chair laughing...I'm still laughing.

J4KOP99
07-09-2010, 01:51 PM
why does every Laker fan hate Miami now? ehh probably because they couldn't take on LeBron or Dwyane individually so this is like the biggest threat they've ever seen.

Which Lakers fans hate the Heat? I personally love it. They did all that, just so they could compete with the Lakers. We're still loaded and now in some cases, the target isn't even on our backs anymore. It's a great situation.

"Imitation and Jealousy are the highest forms of Flattery."

ATX
07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
i really want the lakers to dominate the heat if they are to meet in the finals.

Of course you do, your from Chicago. Just bitter, I understand. ;)

MickeyMgl
07-09-2010, 01:53 PM

Slight overstatement, I think. I don't believe a victory over these Heat would necessarily catapult him to consensus Top-2. I don't believe he will quite be "America's Hero".

However, I do believe that Kobe and "his" Lakers would be in the unusual position of being the rooting favorites in that matchup. Theoretically, it's two of the top 3 players in the league against the other one. It's a proven back-to-back champion [the Laker team] being overshadowed by an offseason sideshow. It's sizzle vs steak.

But not quite "America's Hero" or instant top-2 of all time.

Avenged
07-09-2010, 01:53 PM

Hmm, first of all, the Lakers haven't faced Lebron or Wade in the postseason so that really doesn't mean much.

Second of all, there's no need to single out a fan base on this one because you're clearly wrong. Check out every thread, the majority are not Laker fans.

ATX
07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
oooo, the two evil empires meeting in the finals. It cracks me up that Miami now of all places is considered an "Evil" empire.

Seattlesports
07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
It isn't exactly like Kobe is alone out there. He has an extremely good and stacked team himself.

I really really hate how people continue selling Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum, Fisher, etc short :pity:

Could not have said it any better. Pau should have been finals mvp

Heater4life
07-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Ref didnt see nothing therefore it didnt happen.

FACarey1981
07-09-2010, 02:07 PM
First off, I'm not too sure that Miami would even make it to the Finals. But if they did, I think with a healthy Bynum the Lakers would again prove that their length is too much for most teams to handle. Let alone in a 7 game series.

Heater4life
07-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I love being an evil empire; our theme song should be from star wars. riley is the emperor, lebron is vader, wade is darth maul, and chris bosh is the bounty huner. i love it!

Lakers v Heat = epic!

Heater4life
07-09-2010, 02:11 PM
First off, I'm not too sure that Miami would even make it to the Finals. But if they did, I think with a healthy Bynum the Lakers would again prove that their length is too much for most teams to handle. Let alone in a 7 game series.

ive said this before, right now all fans heat and others alike are shell shocked. when these guys step on the court together its going to be brutal. Orlando couldnt beat the Heat in the reg. season last year with wade alone.

Storch
07-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Jordan also never had a post presence and of all the Dynasties in the history of the NBA the bulls are the only one with a real big post scorer inside. So????

Yes but he had Rodman and Pippen. Please save your breath with the post presence, Jordan had a great supporting cast and no one can deny that. Scottie Pippen is a legend. Rodman is a and rebounding legend, his defense was also excellent.

Jordan faced Malone and stockton in the finals several times, Kobe has to face lebron wade and bosh. There is no argument here.

shep33
07-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I love being an evil empire; are theme song should be from star wars. riley is the emperor, lebron is vader, wade is darth maul, and chris bosh is the bounty huner. i love it!

Lakers v Heat = epic!

More like Bosh is Jar Jar... and LBJ is Princess Leia

Tony_Starks
07-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Huh? Laker fans could care less about Miami. We're back to back defending champs so whoever wants a ring has to go through LA. Miami has to make it out of the east before they're even in the conversation with the champs.

koLohe2133
07-09-2010, 02:25 PM
i dont think he is going to be america's hero....

the redsox beat the yankees then turned into yankees 2.0....

im definitely gonna root for the lakers over the heat though....because, like someone had in their sig

"kobe raped one person, lbj raped millions in cleveland"

Hugbees
07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
yes. i hate the dude, but i will cheer hard for him to beat the terrible threesome.
and heater that is the gayest/nerdiest sig i've seen on these forums.

koLohe2133
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I love being an evil empire; our theme song should be from star wars. riley is the emperor, lebron is vader, wade is darth maul, and chris bosh is the bounty huner. i love it!

Lakers v Heat = epic!

riley is palpatine, wade is vader, and lebron and bosh and mike miller and whoever else are all the lackeys who listen to vader, scared that he is gonna choke the livng *** out of em

sjubinville
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Exactly, not saying Kobe's not in the top 5 (maybe even 3) of all time (coming from a Celtics fan), but greater than MJ!?! Come ooon!!!

NJrockPD
07-09-2010, 02:40 PM
No because the Lakers are just as Evil an Empire. I'm rooting for any NBA team that isn't the Heat, Lakers, or Celtics.

Philly 4 Life
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I dont think Kobe will become americas hero, but he will definately finalize his legacy and from there all he can do is add on to it. I do believe that if those two make it to the finals, that will be an absolute heavyweight championship fight to the finish. In LA's corner you got the legends of Kobe and Phil and then Pau, Bynum, Fisher, Artest, Odom, and the rest of that teams great supporting cast who are going for their 3 peat. In Miami's corner you have the "Superteam", Pat Riley, and guys who are hungry to win that first title and for wade his 2nd. I am a lakers fan as well as a sixers fan (lakers are 2nd to my sixers of course in love), and i still do believe that the lakers are the team to beat in the league, and anyone who wants to take that title must go through LA. That NBA Finals would be absolutly fenominale to watch. I cant wait for this season to get started.

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Yes but he had Rodman and Pippen. Please save your breath with the post presence, Jordan had a great supporting cast and no one can deny that. Scottie Pippen is a legend. Rodman is a and rebounding legend, his defense was also excellent.

Jordan faced Malone and stockton in the finals several times, Kobe has to face lebron wade and bosh. There is no argument here.

OOOhhhh tell me more wise ms Cleo???

So then why do teams play 82 game regular season and going through the play offs. The we shouldn't bother just place both teams in the finals and save everyone all that time.

Dude anything can happen. You argument is beyond ridiculous. 3 players no matter how great they may be never makes a team. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't those the same 3 players who once played for a team that couldn't win gold in FIBA.

Hellcrooner
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM

koebe who has won 0 rings and gone trough the first round 0 times without shaq or PAU

has PAU .

so they are outnumbering us 2 to 3 allstars.

but i hope we assemble a better TEAM.

remember 08=?

dreddeem team was only 1 up with 4 minutes to go against spain ( with only 1 allstar)

kobe made the jey 4 points play,

so we got nothing to fear from kobeless tdrean team.

ARMIN12NBA
07-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Read Cavs forums everywhere. I can't list the specific one as it is against the PSD rules, but it is the biggest one on the net so a simple search on google can find you it, but they are all saying they are rooting for the Lakers and Kobe HARD. These guys have actually idolized Kobe. It is pretty hilarious how his image has improved because of this summer as people realize that his ego (or at least egomaniac antics) are not even close to that of today's young stars in LBJ, Wade, and Bosh.

Tony_Starks
07-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Isn't it funny how all the sudden Lakers are this "stacked team?" Before Gasol came over people were laughing at the cast of Odom, Bynum, Fisher, etc... Then when Gasol comes over now its like "its not fair you guys got Gaosl AND Odom AND Bynum!" LOL

Anyway, it would be pretty epic if the Lakers turn out to be the first team to ever beat 2 different so called "big three" teams, and three peat at that! Would be very ironic.....

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 03:16 PM
koebe who has won 0 rings and gone trough the first round 0 times without shaq or PAU

has PAU .

so they are outnumbering us 2 to 3 allstars.

but i hope we assemble a better TEAM.

remember 08=?

dreddeem team was only 1 up with 4 minutes to go against spain ( with only 1 allstar)

kobe made the jey 4 points play,

so we got nothing to fear from kobeless tdrean team.

This coming from a guy who belives Jordan is vastly overrated.

Illinirob83
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
As a big time Jordan fan who gets tired of the comparison of Kobe to MJ over the years....I gotta tell you somethin'....I have a new found respect for #24. He is a MAN, and wants to be THE MAN. he wouldn't make sacrifices, leave his team and go to a soft sports city to join up with other alpha males try to win championships at age 25. He would NEVER do that.

What I do know is Kobe deserves to be sitting right next to the all-time greats at the big boy table in the Hall of Fame. He is GREAT for the league. His will, determination and hunger to win a championship and be the best of all-time is an honor to watch. I respect Kobe today more than I ever have before and I now WELCOME the MJ comparisons with this guy...because at least he deserves it.

JordansBulls
07-09-2010, 03:20 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Should we say Billups is a top 3 PG all time because he beat the Lakers in 2004 without HCA and a team that had 4 top 30 players all time and two top 4 players in the league at the time?

Hellcrooner
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
This coming from a guy who belives Jordan is vastly overrated.

1 what has joran have to do with this=?

2 he is not vastly overated he is slighty as in i dont thing he is the GOAT but i think heis one of the three or 4 guys hthat has a right to be considered the goat .

Im basically against the Goat concept itself, players play in different positions and in different eras, so its imoposible to compare the best thing you can do is have your PERSONAL goat and there are a small number of players that have done enough to be considered that high.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2010, 03:27 PM
hahahah
no

TOP 3 Kobe haters in PSD

ARMIN12NBA
07-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Isn't it funny how all the sudden Lakers are this "stacked team?" Before Gasol came over people were laughing at the cast of Odom, Bynum, Fisher, etc... Then when Gasol comes over now its like "its not fair you guys got Gaosl AND Odom AND Bynum!" LOL

Anyway, it would be pretty epic if the Lakers turn out to be the first team to ever beat 2 different so called "big three" teams, and three peat at that! Would be very ironic.....

Anything to discredit Kobe.

I also remember when the Lakers got Pau that a lot of people said he was soft and not good enough to be a #2 on a championship winning team.

Now some claim he is better than Kobe. :laugh2:

The truth is that Pau was a baller and Kobe, as the main playmaker, only maximized Pau's potential and efficiency in this offensive system.

Mr LaFontaine
07-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Everyone saying kobes championships should be tarnished by who played around him is forgetting kobe didnt leave a team to come to LA. They built that team around him. Another thing to think about is when kobe came into the league he fought for a chance to start in the NBA and took his knocks in stride. He has never taken the easy way out. Someone like lebron james knows nothing about that. And im not saying hes not a great player or a hard worker, but he takes a'lot for granted.

Swashcuff
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
1 what has joran have to do with this=?

2 he is not vastly overated he is slighty as in i dont thing he is the GOAT but i think heis one of the three or 4 guys hthat has a right to be considered the goat .

Im basically against the Goat concept itself, players play in different positions and in different eras, so its imoposible to compare the best thing you can do is have your PERSONAL goat and there are a small number of players that have done enough to be considered that high.

wow bro i am not bashing you whatsover... i am just saying that you aknowledge what kobe has and has not done

alot of ppl are forgetting that kobe (just like jordan) need help to win. He could not do it all by himself. I'm on your side.

You are a laker fan but you are not ignorant about it

JordansBulls
07-09-2010, 03:34 PM

All it takes is a megastar to have an allstar big man with him that is productive and efficient and a team goes from 1st round exit team to championship material.
Also Fisher wasn't on LA during those times when LA was out in 2006 and 2007. His leadership alone and big plays helped the Lakers.

The Raven
07-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Read Cavs forums everywhere. I can't list the specific one as it is against the PSD rules, but it is the biggest one on the net so a simple search on google can find you it, but they are all saying they are rooting for the Lakers and Kobe HARD. These guys have actually idolized Kobe. It is pretty hilarious how his image has improved because of this summer as people realize that his ego (or at least egomaniac antics) are not even close to that of today's young stars in LBJ, Wade, and Bosh.

thats awesome. Time to Unite

JordansBulls
07-09-2010, 03:42 PM
My whole thing is with Lebron not Wade. Wade stayed with his franchise the franchise he led a team to the title with, so it makes sense for him to want to get better players as the last 4 years (2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010) he hasn't gotten out of round 1. My problem is why the hell would Lebron go there? See if Lebron went to NJ, NY or Chicago I don't think this would be a big deal to most fans of the game. Everyone is upset that he needed to ride a top 3 player's **** to win.

THE MTL
07-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Yall act like Kobe is alone out there. The LAKERS are FREAKING STACKED! And just get better and better each year with the MLE!

hype707
07-09-2010, 03:59 PM
if lakers and heat play in the finals next year... What does it mean for his legacy if they win?

If they lose?

If kobe and the lakers beat the heat i think kobe will undoubtedly be the second best player of all time, and challenge jordan as the g.o.a.t.

If he loses i don't think his legacy will change much. Finals appearances don't really mean anything. The champions are the only ones remembered.

kobe will never and i mean neeeevvvvvverrrrrr be the g o a t

soonabooma
07-09-2010, 04:01 PM
It's not a question of "IF", it's a question of "WHEN". Kobe and the Lakers will handle their business if it comes to that. Nobody is gonna root for Miami, and the sad thing is.....it's becuz of Lebron. Nobody has anything personal against Wade or Bosh. But captain dildo has totally screwed things up by throwing in the towel in a pretty darn good situation to go and try to accomplish something the easy way. It's not the Jordan way. At least Wade is still in his first home and running the show. Lebron just went from being "The next MJ" to being "Scottie deluxe". He went from being Batman to being Robin, all becuz he thinks he's entitled to something that should come easy. He's not willing to work, he's a total showboat, he has no respect for the game, and he's an immature little brat. He's not humble, and he doesn't know how to carry himself like an adult and a professional. Now he's definitely talented, I'll give him that, but that's all he has going for him. His reputation is gone, his credibility is gone, and his legacy will not be what we thought it would be. So for this reason, everybody outside of Miami is gonna want to see them get their butts kicked. And I have a feeling LA and Boston will be more than up to the challenge of waxing that *****. But it won't end there. Orlando, Denver, and Dallas are still very good, with OKC, Portland, and Chi-town right in the thick of things as well. Things won't be as easy for Miami as they think.

07-09-2010, 04:05 PM
I know I'd like Kobe a whole lot more if he beat the Heat in the Finals next year.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 04:09 PM
http://realcavsfans.com/customavatars/avatar7326_11.gif

that is all

lakerssssssss
07-09-2010, 04:12 PM
kobe will never and i mean neeeevvvvvverrrrrr be the g o a t

lebron should never and i mean neeeevvvvvverrrrrr be put in the same discussion as kobe.

Kobe enjoys challenges, Lebron runs away from them.

lakerssssssss
07-09-2010, 04:15 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Should we say Billups is a top 3 PG all time because he beat the Lakers in 2004 without HCA and a team that had 4 top 30 players all time and two top 4 players in the league at the time?

Don't compare lakers team of 04 to this team.

Malone and payton were at the end of their careers.

Lebron, wade and bosh are all in their prime.

CityofTreez
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Kobe can never be a HERO in my eyes

Mr LaFontaine
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM
As a big time Jordan fan who gets tired of the comparison of Kobe to MJ over the years....I gotta tell you somethin'....I have a new found respect for #24. He is a MAN, and wants to be THE MAN. he wouldn't make sacrifices, leave his team and go to a soft sports city to join up with other alpha males try to win championships at age 25. He would NEVER do that.

Whole post was well said. Agreed.

lakerssssssss
07-09-2010, 04:23 PM
I don't quite see how the Lakers are an evil empire. Is it because they are a great team with a few big names? The heat should be considered just as 'evil' of an empire as any other team, solely because of Lebron. While Kobe definitely isn't a great character guy, neither is Lebron. Lebron is as cocky and egocentric as any athlete I've ever seen. I definitely don't see how the Celtics are an evil empire. KG, one of the highest character guys for the past decade? It seems 'evil empires' are just top teams, so the Heat are right up there now. I hate Kobe, Pierce and Rondo as much as I do Lebron, but you're creating a bit of a double standard here.

YOU just lost all credibility with that statement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASClJTnJ4I&feature=related

JordansBulls
07-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Don't compare lakers team of 04 to this team.

Malone and payton were at the end of their careers.

Lebron, wade and bosh are all in their prime.

Yes but Kobe and Shaq not only were top 4 players in the league but proven winners. And that Detroit team did not have one single proven winner. That was the point I was making when I said should Billups be ranked that high for beating the Lakers that year.

IversonIsKrazy
07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
It would be a nice story for the NBA. Kobe becomes American Hero. LBJ becomes the villian who betrayed his team and will never win. That would actually be a great story if 'Bron never wins a 'ship. Teaches u abt Loyalty

LionBryan
07-09-2010, 04:40 PM
At what point in these 9 pages did someone become stupid and make the correlation that Kobe beating this Heat team effects his legacy any more or less than if he beat any other team in the Finals. The ONLY point is that non-Laker and non-Heat fans would instantaneously become Kobe backers in a Lakers/Heat Finals series.

And let's stop pretending like the Lakers aren't about Kobe. Yes he has a good supporting cast, but that's his team and if he's not successful in a big playoff series, neither are the Lakers.