PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone talk about Lebron's Legacy, when really it is Wade's legacy now?

JordansBulls
07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Why does everyone talk about Lebron's Legacy, when really it is Wade's legacy now?

Wade is the player that now has the help he needs and has already proved he can lead a team to the title as the man with a historic finals.

Wade is the guy whose legacy is now going to rise up much more than Lebron's.

If they both joined a separate team together then you can say maybe Lebron's legacy would be better, but the fact that Lebron needed to go to where Wade was already at goes to show that Wade is the guy whose legacy will rise.

hugepatsfan
07-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Lebron will be their Magic (even though I say he should still do it from the SF position, not mve to PG). Wade will be their MJ. Now the problem is, w/ all 3 of them on the team, they will never be respected as their counterparts.

stawka
07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
My God. JB, you are still bitter about him signing with the Heat?! You Bulls fans are more bitter than Cavs/Knicks fans combined, and they both have a lot more reason to be upset

ABOMB_56
07-09-2010, 12:20 PM
How can people possibly say it's Wade's legacy not Lebron's legacy when one game hasn't even been played yet. What if Wade goes down (god forbid) and Lebron carries that team with one of the best season of his career. What if they all stay healthy and Lebron puts up the first triple double season since Big O. You can't say anything about anyone's legacy until they have at least played one game.

Raoul Duke
07-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I agree. I think that after a couple seasons, Wade will have established himself as the best player on the team. It won't be by a landslide, but he'll be their "go-to" guy. Personally, I hope they plug Lebron in at the point.

kriviant
07-09-2010, 12:21 PM
People get too caught up in wondering whether or not it's about Lebron's legacy or Wade's legacy to realize that it is actually about the legacy that all three of these players will have together, not individually.

Baseballcb95
07-09-2010, 12:25 PM
give them 3 seasons, they will break the bulls 72 win season, i cant believe how much people r tlking about individual legacies with what we just saw happen, this is unprescedented, people complain about athletes being in it for the fame nd money and not winning, now someones in it to win and u guys pitch a fit.. they probably just created the greatest team ever asembled (talent wise) this was there choice and they sacraficed alot for what they truly wanted.

L@ker4Life
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
This team has disaster written all over it. I think Wade will get most the love and be looked at as the "main" guy because he was there first and Spoelstra is more comfortable with Wade.

They will have a few good seasons then it will fall apart because their egos will be hurt. YOu have three "alpha" dogs on one team....Usually it's hard to make it work with just two "alpha" dogs.

Personnaly I still believe that the Lakers have the better team hand over fist. THey have the best big man in the league (bosh is good, but he is SOFT and doesn't play big) Kobe and wade pretty much wash eachother out and you have a legit big man in Bynum and the Lakers team defense is most likely going to be FAR superior to the Heats. Lakers will win the battle of the paint, glass, and have better D. Not to mention they have far more experience in the playoffs than the heat do.

With all that said I cant wait for the season to kick off to watch these guys...it should be really exciting. I wonder if they are going to play an uptempo game.

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
give them 3 seasons, they will break the bulls 72 win season, i cant believe how much people r tlking about individual legacies with what we just saw happen, this is unprescedented, people complain about athletes being in it for the fame nd money and not winning, now someones in it to win and u guys pitch a fit.. they probably just created the greatest team ever asembled (talent wise) this was there choice and they sacraficed alot for what they truly wanted.

thank you. the *****ing surronding this is unreal.

how many times have us supposed sports pursists clamored for talent to go after winning, not money.

barkleys comments typify the failures of most athletes and their egos

here we have 3 smart, young guys going after a bigger prize and they are maligned????

if you have a problem with how it was done, that's fine. me too. way too over the top. but we also all watched.

but their motivation is admirable.

as for the legacy, i think the point is if they win they all benefit. they've been the guy already and they want something more.

honestly, talking about this should be banned until training camp. its unbelievable what some people will say in the moment.

vito don tito
07-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Why does everyone talk about Lebron's Legacy, when really it is Wade's legacy now?

Wade is the player that now has the help he needs and has already proved he can lead a team to the title as the man with a historic finals.

If they both joined a separate team together then you can say maybe Lebron's legacy would be better, but the fact that Lebron needed to go to where Wade was already at goes to show that Wade is the guy whose legacy will rise.

Everything you said is true. Lebron has no more of a legacy than Chauncy Billups. I love me some Chauncy Billups...... so thats putting it nice.

ugafan
07-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Why do you hate LeBron so much, JB? Everybody knows you do.

Everybody used to call him selfish and cocky, and when he takes less money and purposely tarnishes his legacy o win, you hate on him more.

You're a joke.

Jenceman
07-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Well yeah, you're right. Wade is the biggest winner in all this.

Wrench
07-09-2010, 12:46 PM
It's their Legacy. Wade, Bosh, and LeBron all said it. If they wanted there own spot light they all would of stayed where they have been playing. There all great friends and don't care who plays better night after night, just as long as they can win it all. And have fun along the way.

Da Knicks
07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
they are all legends already sacrificing money and ego is not easy...from a knicks fan good luck wade, lbj, bosh these guys really want to win...

JordansBulls
07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
My God. JB, you are still bitter about him signing with the Heat?! You Bulls fans are more bitter than Cavs/Knicks fans combined, and they both have a lot more reason to be upset

No, it is the fact that everyone is already trying to give Lebron the credit when Wade is the guy who should be getting the credit.

Spiderfox
07-09-2010, 12:48 PM
LeBron had to leave Cleveland... Create some space between himself and his new step daddy (Delonte West)... He has a legacy of being a weak, cowardly (not even a courtesy call to Dan Gilbert after all he's done for LeBron & family)... D-Wade is still the class act of Miami and it's still his team... I'll be rooting against them every time and anytime they play against anyone...

Bluffmasta
07-09-2010, 12:49 PM
What about Bosh's Legacy lol what if he is the one to take them to the promise land. What if he is the one who carries the team on his back. should i create at thread about him ? They all sacrificed soemthign to join together, its not about the money or fame, its about the team, if they wanted money and fame, lebron would of gone to NY wade most likely to Chi and Bosh would of resigned for the extra year in toronto. Its a team game and there going to play like one, ya there numbers might suffer liek who garnett allens and pierce's did but they still won the championship. I think this team will be a pass first team, everyone getting there touches and all three will create a team legacy.

Zefflin
07-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Everything you said is true. Lebron has no more of a legacy than Chauncy Billups. I love me some Chauncy Billups...... so thats putting it nice.

Cept that Chaunce has actually lead his team to a title and got a Finals MVP, so no, wrong.

FLYER-FAN
07-09-2010, 12:51 PM
They all suck !!!...what they all just did in miami along with what the celtics did and are still doing will be the end to basketball as we all know it !!! The nba is ruined !!!...i for one will no longer watch basketball and i hope millions follow suit !!!

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 12:52 PM
No, it is the fact that everyone is already trying to give Lebron the credit when Wade is the guy who should be getting the credit.

credit for what?????????

they havent DONE anything yet!

we can all guess how the chemistry will pan out but no one knows.

lebron is getting all the ATTENTION. no one is giving anyone credit.

its going to be okay.

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
They all suck !!!...what they all just did in miami along with what the celtics did and are still doing will be the end to basketball as we all know it !!! The nba is ruined !!!...i for one will no longer watch basketball and i hope millions follow suit !!!

then you are clearly not a fan of the sport.

but you're right: 3 mediocre, non-contender teams are better than one truly great product. makes sense for everyone, i think.

Gibby23
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM

Nobody is giving any of them credit. Are you making this stuff up because he didn't go to the Bulls. How can they already start getting credit when they haven't played 1 game together or even practiced together. Lebron is getting credit for tha party tomorrow night, but that is it as of now. Get over it and see how they play before you start taking away from what they haven't even started yet.

JordansBulls
07-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Nobody is giving any of them credit. Are you making this stuff up because he didn't go to the Bulls. How can they already start getting credit when they haven't played 1 game together or even practiced together. Lebron is getting credit for tha party tomorrow night, but that is it as of now. Get over it and see how they play before you start taking away from what they haven't even started yet.

You have people on other sites saying how it is Lebron's team now and talking about how much Lebron's legacy increases when they win instead of saying how much it really boosts Wade's legacy.

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 12:59 PM
You have people on other sites saying how it is Lebron's team now and talking about how much Lebron's legacy increases when they win instead of saying how much it really boosts Wade's legacy.

jb, it boosts both of their legacies if they win.

plus wade already has the ring, his legacy is cemented in that regard.

if they win one, it will increase lebrons legacy moreso than wades.

beyond that, it's a wash.

who cares what fanboys are saying anyway? the opinions that matter know whats going on.

Gibby23
07-09-2010, 01:02 PM

You still have to wait and see who plays better if they win, who gets the MVPs, and Finals MVPs. You can't just hand stuff to Wade without knowing how Lebron will play.

ugafan
And what the heck is up with people's infatuation with rings?

Robert Horry is better than Kobe, right?

NYtilIdie
Honestly I don't see the problem with them joining the same team. It seems like the only people who honestly care are Cavs/Bull/Laker fans.

Cavs-Hometown hero
Bulls-Because everybody was sucking their dick and saying it was destined to happen and he was never "afraid" to play in MJ's shadow
Lakers-Because Kobe's worst nightmare just became a reality

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 01:04 PM

you know full well how dumb of a comment that is.

NYtilIdie
07-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Are you serious????? Rings determine everything about a players legacy according to PSD. Thats why

Kobe>Lebron,Wade,Shaq,Duncan,MJ (yes he still has one more then Kobe, but that doesn't matter on PSD),Bird and Magic

I learned on PSD rings only matter when your discussing *insert players name* to Kobe, but if its any other player like Rondo to CP3 rings never get mentioned.

GoferKing_
07-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Imagine this: Heat had sign LBJ just to trade him for other good and young players that could help in a dynasty, for example M.Gasol, Gay, Conley, or something other to get depth and chemistry with 2 stars. That would be a good story. LBJ ends in Memphis. ;]

Randy West
07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Why would Wade get credit for anything?

Pat Rilley should be the one getting all the credit. And once LBJ is signed he is the best player on that Heat team not Wade.

ugafan
07-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Imagine this: Heat had sign LBJ just to trade him for other good and young players that could help in a dynasty, for example M.Gasol, Gay, Conley, or something other to get depth and chemistry with 2 stars. That would be a good story. LBJ ends in Memphis. ;]

Or Josh Smith and Al Horford.

LeBron gets to play with JJ

and the Heat look like:

PG: Chalmers
SG: Wade
SF: Smith
PF: Bosh
C: Horford

GoferKing_
07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah, that trade with Hawks would be interesting. Good idea.

ElMarroAfamado
07-09-2010, 01:19 PM
lebron realized, he i cant shoot or win games with shots down the stretch so i will go with the HEAT so wade can do this..

lebron james has no legacy and he will forever be remember as just another basketball player....

wade on the other hand can just add to his...he has a title...and made the so called "best player in the world" join him thinking they could get a title together....

ElMarroAfamado
07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Why would Wade get credit for anything?

Pat Rilley should be the one getting all the credit. And once LBJ is signed he is the best player on that Heat team not Wade.

:facepalm:

Cromedome
07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Dude...can you stop with the Lebron threads? Nobody outside of Miami gives a **** about lebum and co.

Randy West
07-09-2010, 01:22 PM
:facepalm:

So Wade is better than LBJ.......you should slap yourself in the face for even posting that dumb little :facepalm:

thesparky33
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
JB, it is Lebrons team now.

Last night, it was millions and millions of basketballs fans glued to the TV watching LEBRON's decision, not Wade's.

Maybe we disagree on who is a better player (I know you think having a ring makes Wade better, but I disagree), but in the media, it will always be Lebron's team.

PLAYERS FAN
07-09-2010, 01:31 PM

What if they win 4 titles and Lebron was the Finals MVP of all of them?

younggunn113
07-09-2010, 01:35 PM

Bold face lie:

Pick one of these rosters please:
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Chalmers
Butler
Miller
Pittman
Varnado

or

Magic
Kareem
Cooper
Green
Rambis
Scott
Thompson
Worthy

v dell
07-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Look people Michael Jordan had scottie pippen and dennis rodman the best rebounder ever to play the game. no one hated the bulls, lets just give mami there props for putting a great team together. lebron just wants to win and so does every player in the nba. how could anyone be mad, look at he lakers and boston, orlando, they all have great teams. no one hate them. i love the fact it wasn't about money with him, it was just about winning rings the only reason u should play the game. cleveland put the bogus team together and expected him to stay, come on lebon was the only player on that team that was going to make two allstar games or more. cleveland can win they just need better owners who knows what talent is. stop hiring your cousin and your daughters boyfriend and to scout talent for your team. seriously over 80% of the league have no idea what they are doing in the draft. its like they don't even watch college basketball, and that my friends is why the avg. player only last three years and then they gone. now the nba will better to watch thanks to lebron. go bulls we didn't need him or wade, i'm just lying we did but we got boozer and that will help us to the playoff

Geargo Wallace
07-09-2010, 01:37 PM

LOL they haven't played a game together yet and ur saying that Wade deserves all of the credit. Deserves credit for what? For what they're about to accomplish? I'm pretty sure LeBron will have a much bigger role/impact than Wade will.

ugafan
07-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Bold face lie:

Pick one of these rosters please:
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Chalmers
Butler
Miller
Pittman
Varnado

or

Magic
Kareem
Cooper
Green
Rambis
Scott
Thompson
Worthy

He's 15 years old, he's going to pick the first one.

iggypop123
07-09-2010, 01:39 PM

well, to be fair people still discuss legacies of robin not just batman. even lebron will have his time in the discussions.

Chronz
07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
They talk about Bron because hes the best player, but so far there are a bunch of contradictions. Lakers fans are saying hes not a true great for going to Miami for a free ring, yet those same Laker fans are saying the Lakers are still the team to beat. So which is it, is it a free title or does Bron have to EARN IT?

This post is all sorts of confusing. The fact that Bron went to Wade was already at means its Wades legacy on the line? Im pretty sure it just means Miami was the only team that could land all 3.

vito don tito
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Cept that Chaunce has actually lead his team to a title and got a Finals MVP, so no, wrong.

Yeah, but Chauncy didn't hit the NBA right out of high school. Chauncy actually has a better legacy than Bron.... Hands down. They both have that "it" factor. Chauncy didn't let himself become a diva and luckily won a championship and led his team to many semi and finals. Im almost embarassed I compared the two. I could get real dirty and say Lebron has the same legacy as Shawn Kemp..... give it a couple years before I go that far.

vito don tito
07-09-2010, 06:26 PM
oh yeah....... whos legacy was boosted more when SHAQ came in to Miami to become the savior?

JayHunter
07-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Simply Put,Wade didn't leave his team