PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota?

johnwayne
07-09-2010, 09:14 AM
One of the main reasons im making this thread is because im so sick of seeing lebron-miami-fa threads so look, I'am a die hard bulls fan but when i see a potential team comin up i feel the need to say something ....i dont know what you guys think but Minnesota has a nice little squad for next year..."if" they stay with who they got

pg- Johnny Flynn
sg- Corey Brewer
sf- Wes Johnson
pf- Kevin love
c- Al Jefferson

beasley
sessions
ellington
milicic

and whenever the **** rubio comes......

i dont know i might be wrong, but they might be a pretty good team next year...thoughts

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 09:17 AM
You forgot to include Beasley, and Gomes signed with the Clippers I think.

And yes they do have a very nice-looking team on paper. I hope it will nice on the court as well. I want to see Beas in a good position.

GrumpyOldMan
07-09-2010, 09:19 AM
I think they will be better, but the West is tough.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-09-2010, 09:22 AM
im really pulling for them this year

the-turk
07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't think they will keep Jefferson

Oefarmy2005
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM
We are thinking that maybe Jefferson for J. Richardson makes sense, plus a pick maybe.

Mochalman
07-09-2010, 11:56 AM
decent team, good conference.

GSW Hoops
07-09-2010, 11:56 AM
We are thinking that maybe Jefferson for J. Richardson makes sense, plus a pick maybe.

Minnesota's trades never make sense.

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 12:04 PM
they still need a real center to do anything.

VCaintdead17
07-09-2010, 12:24 PM

haha, true

JOSKOMANG4
07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Any thoughts about this trade?

- Cavaliers would trade SG D.West(T'Wolves would buyout the contract), PF JJ Hickson, & Mo Williams to the Wolves for PF Al Jefferson & PG J.Flynn.

Wolves would receive salary relief by trading away AL Jefferson; also giving the reign of PF to Kevin Love.

Lineup:

C: Darko Milicic/Nikola Pekovic/Ryan Hollins
PF: Kevin Love/JJ Hickson
SF: Michael Beasley/Martell Webster/Lazar Hayward
SG: Wesley Johnson/Corey Brewer/Wayne Ellington
PG: Mo.Williams/Ramon Sessions

87twins91
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM

Read this link:

I think it's a fair assessment of the trades/moves made by Minnesota (Kahn).

http://www.canishoopus.com/2010/7/9/1560877/be-easy-mike-beasley

Basketash
07-09-2010, 12:39 PM
I hope beasley fits in good and play's to his potential!

RCarlson85
I think they have a pretty good young squad. They will need a few years together and will also need to keep their current team intact. I definitely do not agree with the idea of trading Jefferson. I think that would be a big mistake. I don't know why the wolves think that Jefferson and Love can't play together.

87twins91

- Cavaliers would trade SG D.West(T'Wolves would buyout the contract), PF JJ Hickson, & Mo Williams to the Wolves for PF Al Jefferson & PG J.Flynn.

Wolves would receive salary relief by trading away AL Jefferson; also giving the reign of PF to Kevin Love.

Lineup:

1. I don't think the Cavs will let go of Hickson.

2. I don't see why the Wolves would take on Mo Williams for Flynn. Williams might get the Wolves 3-5 more wins, but in the long run, I think Flynn has more potential to be good.

2.b. I think Flynn might be gone next year if they actually bring Rubio over.

3. Is Indiana at all interested in Sessions? They've been looking for a PG. He did pretty decent in MIL when he was there.

4. I think the Wolves will ultimately have to take on a salary chip like a Eddy Curry (Knicks) or Dampier (Mavericks) in a trade for 1st RD draft picks. (Other ideas???) Which will also put them in a position at the Trade deadline to again, trade Dampier/Curry/whoever they acquire for another 1st RD pick as a team will want to get into the FA pool the next year and maybe delaying it a year for the Wolves - something they will have to be willing to do as they surrender their pick in 2012 to the Clippers (unprotected). So they'll have to be free agent players in 2012 vs 2011 which works just fine with that little draft pick scenario.

5. Anyone know if Beasley can play defense? As it doesn't have to be a perimeter defender. I think he'll play a lot of minutes, but more in matchups. T-Wolves will have 3 STRONG perimeter defenders in Corey Brewer 6'8" long arms 1.5 spg, Martell Webster 6'8" - did a good job on Melo and Kobe - documented, and Wes Johnson 6'7" who averaged almost 2 spg and 2 bpg at Syracuse...(although they played quite a bit of zone...which is harder to get the blocks though!)...

celtsballa21
07-09-2010, 12:43 PM
They should of landed one of the O'Neal centers. You cant win in the West without a pure center. Lakers have 2, Duncan on the Spurs, Rockets got Yao back, Nuggets have Nene, Mavs have Dirk, all the top teams have a decent center with size, when the TWolves have 2 guys stuck in a PF body.

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 12:45 PM
1. I don't think the Cavs will let go of Hickson.

2. I don't see why the Wolves would take on Mo Williams for Flynn. Williams might get the Wolves 3-5 more wins, but in the long run, I think Flynn has more potential to be good.

2.b. I think Flynn might be gone next year if they actually bring Rubio over.

3. Is Indiana at all interested in Sessions? They've been looking for a PG. He did pretty decent in MIL when he was there.

4. I think the Wolves will ultimately have to take on a salary chip like a Eddy Curry (Knicks) or Dampier (Mavericks) in a trade for 1st RD draft picks. (Other ideas???) Which will also put them in a position at the Trade deadline to again, trade Dampier/Curry/whoever they acquire for another 1st RD pick as a team will want to get into the FA pool the next year and maybe delaying it a year for the Wolves - something they will have to be willing to do as they surrender their pick in 2012 to the Clippers (unprotected). So they'll have to be free agent players in 2012 vs 2011 which works just fine with that little draft pick scenario.

5. Anyone know if Beasley can play defense? As it doesn't have to be a perimeter defender. I think he'll play a lot of minutes, but more in matchups. T-Wolves will have 3 STRONG perimeter defenders in Corey Brewer 6'8" long arms 1.5 spg, Martell Webster 6'8" - did a good job on Melo and Kobe - documented, and Wes Johnson 6'7" who averaged almost 2 spg and 2 bpg at Syracuse...(although they played quite a bit of zone...which is harder to get the blocks though!)...

a big part of why beasley has disappointed is his defense. he cant handle post ups by the big boys, but is also too slow laterally to play the wing.

i think rambis is smart, he fixed brewer and beasley is much more talented.

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Beasley is a strong pick up.

hawksd911
07-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I REALLY hope Beasley can become a superstar and become better the Wade, Bosh, and Lebron!

smith&wesson
07-09-2010, 01:09 PM
they are a nice little yonge team no doubt.

87twins91
07-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Beasley is a different player than Dirk Nowitski. But Dirk's another guy who made it in this league without being able to play a lick of defense. He's a legit 7'0" yet...barely averages a block a game guarding SF/PF players who are often 6'7" to 6'10"...

Beasley actually averaged 1 spg and 0.6 bpg in 29 minutes. So some hope there.

In college he averaged 1.3 spg and 1.6 bpg
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36671

Beasley is closer to 6'8" heightwise...not 6'10"....but his wingspan is just over 7'0"...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2008/06/03/0603heat.html

Hawkeye15
07-09-2010, 01:25 PM
2 years out, and I will have Jefferson traded for Richardson here, and him coming off the books

Rubio/Flynn
Webster/Ellington/Johnson
Johnson/Brewer/Beasley
Beasley/Love/Pekovic
Milicic/Pekovic/Love

with Sessions and the $14 million to play with. Average age of current lineup is around 22, and they all have smallish deals.
Kahn is getting ridiculous criticism, when in fact he has them in good shape moving forward

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 01:31 PM
2 years out, and I will have Jefferson traded for Richardson here, and him coming off the books

Rubio/Flynn
Webster/Ellington/Johnson
Johnson/Brewer/Beasley
Beasley/Love/Pekovic
Milicic/Pekovic/Love

with Sessions and the $14 million to play with. Average age of current lineup is around 22, and they all have smallish deals.
Kahn is getting ridiculous criticism, when in fact he has them in good shape moving forward

agreed. in this market he has done well and chosen needs to spend on.

his pg spree in last years draft has soiled his image. if he can turn flynn or rubio into a real deal center this team could go places.

GSW Hoops
07-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Read this link:

I think it's a fair assessment of the trades/moves made by Minnesota (Kahn).

http://www.canishoopus.com/2010/7/9/1560877/be-easy-mike-beasley

He gave Darko $20 million--enough said.

thekmp211
07-09-2010, 05:34 PM

no.

have you seen the contracts that have been signed this year?

darko was decent last season for minny.

brandonwarne52
07-09-2010, 05:35 PM
For a passable center who can defend? That's not all that bad.

boeknows
07-09-2010, 07:38 PM

Your team is paying Dan Gadzuric over $7 million this year alone. And he is your backup center. Your starting center makes $9 million a year. I dont know if you should be knocking this signing.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2010, 08:06 PM

how much are your inefficient centers making this year.....

AI4MVP
07-09-2010, 08:11 PM
the wolves will be a playoff home court advantage contender in the second year of Rubios career. everyone likes to hate on them for all the moves they make. wow they get too many point guards. then they get too many wing players, then they get too many big men. when you get too many of everything, its called having amazing depth u ****ing retards.

FarOutIos
07-09-2010, 08:15 PM
They kind of pooch screwed the draft with their trades and picks. Johnson was good, but they had the potential to be a future powerhouse with what they let slip past them.

I think the Beasley trade really helped those mistakes. Depending on what happens with Rubio and Jefferson, could be a contender in the future. But there are quite a few teams who have quietly built themselves a nice team.

melbnutz
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
i get the knock on darko, he was a bust, but he quietly played well for minnesota. I think he was doomed after being taken #2 in that draft. and as soon as the others drafted behind him became stars, he was labeled a bust right away, people crapped on him and his attitude went to crap, he came to minny and the team opened their arms to him and his attitude completely changed and he played well, even though he was out of shape. It has to say something about rambis and kahn that he was even willing to come back to the nba for a modest deal, darko wants to be a wolf and that says something to me. and pekovic was probably the best center in europe last year. so the wolves have potential to have a very solid center presence all for under 10 million. for now laugh it up but i have a feeling kahn will do all the laughing after this year.
also i think al jefferson should be moved for danny granger or andre iguldala or perhaps ben gordan, thats it

rubio-ridnour
wesley-brewer
granger-webster
love-beasley
darko-pekovic
solid team

dimedrpr
07-10-2010, 03:26 PM
They will finish dead last in the west this year. I don't know what happened to Al Jeff last year but there were times when he truly looked awful. That's the least of the worries to me. They start a backcourt of a rookie 2 guard and a 2nd year PG, the 3 spot is weak and Darko is completely uninspiring. I like Love for his passing and rebounding but Love/Darko doesn't worry me at all if I'm an opposing team taking the ball into the lane. This team stinks right now.

Oefarmy2005
07-10-2010, 03:26 PM
My hope is Beasley becomes a star SF, but that's far fetched. His is like Josh Smith, size wise, not defense or anything off course, but he is the perfect size for the SF position but seems to bee too slow to play it efficiently. I still think Smith is better suited as a starting SF though. My best scenario rotation in 2 years is this:

Pg: Rubio/Flynn - sixth man
SG: Johnson/Brewer/Webster
SF: Beasley/Webster/Brewer
PF: Love/Beasley/Pecovich
C: Milicic/Pecovich

Bench warmers: Hollins/Hayward/Ellington/Belijca or what ever his name is

Oefarmy2005
07-10-2010, 03:27 PM
My best bet, the Wolves are better then Memphis next year when Rubio comes over. By next year I mean 2011/2012.

ldc62
07-10-2010, 03:31 PM
They are trying to trade Al. I don't think they will sniff the playoffs for at least 2 years.

Bruno
07-10-2010, 05:20 PM
They have the makings to be the new OKC, but they have even more tools (but nobody as good as KD either). They should standpat! Wait for Dallas and SA to age that much more, then make a serious push with this core in 2 years after they adjust to the triangle, and playing with each other. If this team can develop together they will be stars in the west for years.

boeknows
07-10-2010, 05:22 PM
They will finish dead last in the west this year. I don't know what happened to Al Jeff last year but there were times when he truly looked awful. That's the least of the worries to me. They start a backcourt of a rookie 2 guard and a 2nd year PG, the 3 spot is weak and Darko is completely uninspiring. I like Love for his passing and rebounding but Love/Darko doesn't worry me at all if I'm an opposing team taking the ball into the lane. This team stinks right now.

I like how you say that we have a week backcourt right now when we have no clue who the starting backcourt is going to be. Actually im sure no one on the Wolves has any clue what the starting lineup is going to be. We are still going to trade Jefferson but it depends on what we get back for him. Right now there are many possibilities on what our starting 5 will be. As far as being the worst team in the Western Conference it could be but IMO we wont. We will be towards the bottom of it but not in last.

boeknows
07-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Your team is paying Dan Gadzuric over $7 million this year alone. And he is your backup center. Your starting center makes $9 million a year. I dont know if you should be knocking this signing.

O and you guys just signed Lee for 6 years and 80 million.

TheKing23
07-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I really like the pieces they've assembled and there team has a really nice mixture of athleticism, size and hustle.

I would like to see them keep Al because when fully fit he's a 23/11 kinda guy, but it depends on who they could get for him...

rever
07-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Lineup:

I would never do that if i was Min. I know they wnt to trade jefferson but that would be a joke. maybe without flynn.

Oefarmy2005
07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I agree, but at this point I think they will trade Jefferson for:

a) A young player with high potential but needs time to develop to a team that has the cap space
b) Trade exception and picks
c) Add players and get an allstar player - just not going to happen.

Cbast09
07-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Beasely is going to be real good. He wasn't a fit here. We're a win now team. They didn't want to wait for him to develop. I hope Minnesota does well. I'm sick of the same teams every year dominating.

dimedrpr
07-11-2010, 04:46 AM
I like how you say that we have a week backcourt right now when we have no clue who the starting backcourt is going to be. Actually im sure no one on the Wolves has any clue what the starting lineup is going to be. We are still going to trade Jefferson but it depends on what we get back for him. Right now there are many possibilities on what our starting 5 will be. As far as being the worst team in the Western Conference it could be but IMO we wont. We will be towards the bottom of it but not in last.

I was assuming you would start Flynn at the point since he is your best PG option and I was going with your top 5 draft pick Wesley Johnson at the 2 since that's what all of the Minni fans think they will do. That is a seriously young backcourt and in this league a young backcourt is trouble. I'm not saying that in 5 years that couldn't be a quality backcourt but right now having a 1st yr SG and a 2nd yr PG not named Tyreke isn't helpful when they are playing with Al Jeff, Brewer, and Love. You tell me who they are going to be better than in the west???

JiffyMix88
07-11-2010, 04:52 AM
they got a good roster and mark my words we will see plenty of Flynn to Johnson highlights

ldc62
07-11-2010, 04:59 AM
they got a good roster and mark my words we will see plenty of Flynn to Johnson highlights

doubt it, they don't ever give tv time to the T'wolves.

PraiseJesus
07-11-2010, 05:01 AM
One of the main reasons im making this thread is because im so sick of seeing lebron-miami-fa threads so look, I'am a die hard bulls fan but when i see a potential team comin up i feel the need to say something ....i dont know what you guys think but Minnesota has a nice little squad for next year..."if" they stay with who they got

pg- Johnny Flynn
sg- Corey Brewer
sf- Wes Johnson
pf- Kevin love
c- Al Jefferson

beasley
sessions
ellington
milicic

and whenever the **** rubio comes......

i dont know i might be wrong, but they might be a pretty good team next year...thoughts

yea thats a cute little squad. but seriously, why is this in the NBA forum?

JiffyMix88
07-11-2010, 05:11 AM
yea thats a cute little squad. but seriously, why is this in the NBA forum?

just read his first sentence, the answer's there

49GiantWarriors
07-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Has anyone noticed that they have or have had 3 of the top 5 draft picks in the 08 draft?

boeknows
07-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I was assuming you would start Flynn at the point since he is your best PG option and I was going with your top 5 draft pick Wesley Johnson at the 2 since that's what all of the Minni fans think they will do. That is a seriously young backcourt and in this league a young backcourt is trouble. I'm not saying that in 5 years that couldn't be a quality backcourt but right now having a 1st yr SG and a 2nd yr PG not named Tyreke isn't helpful when they are playing with Al Jeff, Brewer, and Love. You tell me who they are going to be better than in the west???

I guess it depends on who we are starting at the 3. If Beasley is starting at the 3 then yeah Johnson is most likely gonna start at the 2. But we could easily start Webster at the 2 or when we trade Jefferson maybe we will get a different 2. Just not sure on whats gonna happen because i doubt we are done reshaping our roster. As far as who we are going to be better than I would say we will have a better season than the Clippers. I think we could also have a better season than the Kings if Evans misses some games. I dont think he will im just saying that one injury for the Kings and i think there season could be hurting. I also think the Warriors regressed this offseason and wont win as many games as last year.