PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley said, "If I was 25 I'd try to win it by myself, I would want to ...

JordansBulls
07-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Charles Barkley said, "If I was 25 I'd try to win it by myself....I would want to be the guy.....LeBron is never going to be the guy."

Source: ESPN SportsCenter channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FFmb1V8Ns

Er1c
07-09-2010, 07:48 AM
it's true.

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 07:48 AM
That is exactly why he has 0 titles, so thanks for the insight Charles.

GrumpyOldMan
07-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm glad Charles said 25 and not 29 like he was when he left Phillie behind for Phoenix and a chance to win.

justcallmetm
07-09-2010, 07:56 AM
barkley is right tho he came into this league with all this hype which i didnt believe in i told friends he may put up numbers but something about it is not right and i was right he dont have that KILLER INSTINCT

i will never ever put him in the same catergory as a jordan or kobe those are 2 players who are hungry and will want to take over the end of a game to make sure that if they lose it was there way. LeBron just doesnt have that in him why he will ride second fiddle to wade cause wade has that killer instincts to finish a game so to me all his talents amounts to a 2nd rate player who has zero desire to close out games or teams in a playoffs his numbers will always be hollow cause he just dont have that part of his game to be the overall best

Jordan and Kobe wanted to be the man on there own team and both had decent players even tho Kobe has a better unit playing with him that Jordan ever did

mynameismo
07-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Truth hurts

SugeKnight
07-09-2010, 08:02 AM
And how many rings does Barkley have? lol

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Yes, Lebron is a 2nd rate player now :rolleyes:

I still can't believe people are bashing Lebron for choosing not necessarily being the guy while before he was being accused of being too egoistic.

Jealous haters will now try to come up with everything to make this look bad. It's truly pathetic.

Slimsim
07-09-2010, 08:07 AM
God i can't wait till the season start Miami is going to be so hated that know one will have time to hate the Knicks anymore hurray.

justcallmetm
07-09-2010, 08:08 AM
LOL, there is only 1 thing i have to say he has ZERO rings BUT HOW MANY PLAYERS GOT SHUT OUT IN THE 90's DUE TO THE MOST DETERMINED PLAYER EVER TO SUIT UP JORDAN DENIED EVERY GREAT PLAYER IN THE 90's A RING PERIOD

wasnt till he hung them up for that short period the rockets got there break and after 98 when he retired besides that Jordan denied every great in the 90 something that he clearly owned that title if he would have never retired he would of owned the whole 90's including the lockout season of 99

lavell12
07-09-2010, 08:11 AM
The MJ comparisons need to end with LeBron. MJ would never had done what LeBron has chosen to do.

justcallmetm
07-09-2010, 08:12 AM

I still can't believe people are bashing Lebron for choosing not necessarily being the guy while before he was being accused of being too egoistic.

Jealous haters will now try to come up with everything to make this look bad. It's truly pathetic.

just cause you jump the wagon my opinon about the man has been the same for 7 yrs not just this yr i never rooted for him to come to my team either only for what i saw of him those 7 yrs and the laydown jobs he pulled in the playoffs the last 2 yrs so my opinion is my opinion

Jealousy is someone who angry or upset at a person i never been a LBJ supporter in 7 yrs never owned his jersey never bought his sneaker i have nothing of the man in my house that says i ever liked him i never did i was the same person who chose Melo over LBJ when both came into the league

dacreator101
07-09-2010, 08:17 AM
wow, dis man put in 7 str8 yrs and you all still dog him, you think if jordan had the best record in the season back 2 back, and never won a ring within 7 yrs he would still be with the bulls, dude yall gotta understand it was lebron and lebron only on that team. He has carried that team for far to long, you only can do so much, he showed that during his stretch with clevland, his players gave up on him, he was still putting up his avg numbers in the playoffs, except for that 1 bad game 5 vs celtics, other than that he was great. I would have left too, the coaching staffed sucked and the owner needs to man up and admit this is his fault...lebron deserves a ring hands down, he now got two players he can depend on to get it going

JasonJohnHorn
07-09-2010, 08:22 AM
LBJ left unfinished business in Cleveland and looks to be joining a stacked deck to get his own shot at hardware.

I like James, and I think he is the best player in the game today, but bottom line, when Jordan lost to the Pistons three years in a row, and lost in the conference finals twice, he didnt give up on Chicago and look to move to a place where it would be easier to win, he stayed and got things done.

The Cavs could have done a better job of getting players around James to win, but they were making an honest effort to put together a title contender.

Barkley doesnt always know what he's talking about, but I hear where he's coming from on this one.

liliverson819
07-09-2010, 08:22 AM
How can LeBron get so much hate for leaving he was there for SEVEN years and they couldn't get a good enough team around him to win i would have left to do you think Robert Horry cares that he was never the guy but has 7 rings? i dont think so.

justcallmetm
07-09-2010, 08:23 AM
wow, dis man put in 7 str8 yrs and you all still dog him, you think if jordan had the best record in the season back 2 back, and never won a ring within 7 yrs he would still be with the bulls, dude yall gotta understand it was lebron and lebron only on that team. He has carried that team for far to long, you only can do so much, he showed that during his stretch with clevland, his players gave up on him, he was still putting up his avg numbers in the playoffs, except for that 1 bad game 5 vs celtics, other than that he was great. I would have left too, the coaching staffed sucked and the owner needs to man up and admit this is his fault...lebron deserves a ring hands down, he now got two players he can depend on to get it going

i never liked him in the 7 yrs of him being in the league his skills are other worldly but i never truely believed in the man and i would have rather see him go to any other team and i dont care what team it was other than Miami only cause i feel like its bad for the league and basketball

My only thing is as fans some people love it but some other fans like myself see the overall picture of DO YOU THINK THE OWNERS LIKE THIS with a new CBA coming up you dont think they will force a lockout to stop this from happening and also locking them out will rob them of 1 yr together 1 ring and also 1 prescious yr of wade's prime

LeGacy is Music
07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
How can LeBron get so much hate for leaving he was there for SEVEN years and they couldn't get a good enough team around him to win i would have left to do you think Robert Horry cares that he was never the guy but has 7 rings? i dont think so.

I don't think there is Hate For Lebron I think that people feel he took the Easy way out. To be honest I expected him to choose NYK or Cleveland like the whole documentary thing to show his career will end in Cleveland. If he would have come to NY it would have been Hate but it would have showed he is willing to Compete IMO. Now we must address who is the best player in the NBA and we know who we have to compare MJ too KOBE not LEBRON.

IrespectNumber3
07-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Its easy to say MJ this and MJ that ...Lebron James is Lebron James...he is the first and last of his kind.

You can say Jordan is the best player ever...but the Heat may have one of the best Teams ever if not next year the year after that.

If this team can get the pieces and stay healthy, this can be something entirely different.

IrespectNumber3
07-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Its easy to say MJ this and MJ that ...Lebron James is Lebron James...he is the first and last of his kind.

You can say Jordan is the best player ever...but the Heat may have one of the best Teams ever if not next year the year after that.

If this team can get the pieces and stay healthy, this can be something entirely different.

LakersKB24
07-09-2010, 08:31 AM

I think it's they way he left... Why couldn't he just announce it like all the other FAs and make such a big deal about it? He dumped his entire fanbase in Cleveland on National TV. What do you expect?
Also, it shouldn't be LeBron's only goal to win a lot rings just because he's on a championship team. He wants to be remembered as one of the best, and therefore he has to be the clear cut #1 option on a championship team which he isn't in Miami, DWade is basically on the same level and I still think it's his team. You can't compare this to Robert Horry, I mean COME ON!!! This is just ridiculous...

LeGacy is Music
07-09-2010, 08:35 AM

I hate when people say the players sucked and the coaching staff sucked. Period point blank Lebron doesn't have what Kobe has or Durant or Carmelo. The ability to make the last shot. You can't tell me he gets MVP back to back his team has the best NBA record 2 years in a row and when it was 2 years ago they swept every playoff team except Orlando. Lets not make excuses for the self-proclaimed King. I wanted him on the Knicks yes because we have Gallo to take the last shot, or Toney Douglas to hit the 3 and Amare to clean up on the boards. But Lebron doesn't have the Killer instinct look how Carmelo hit the game winner in his face at Lebrons home. Guys I still don't see how the Heat are going to win to be honest. They have NO TEAM. What a bunch or rookies and 3 main guys. Na you can't win like that. You need role players. Wade is going to have the Edge on this one. If they win now to Lebron you couldn't win without me. Where as Wade won without Lebron. So yea...pick your poison

Chicagofaithful
07-09-2010, 08:36 AM
yeah Lebron is out of the G O A T discussion... Kobe is the closest thing this generation has had and i guess we'll have to keep our eye out for the next greatest shooting guard.

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Lebron, I just don't what to say. This was Lebron's chance to be special.

Truheatfan
07-09-2010, 08:38 AM

:hi5: there all mad cause he aint go to chicago lol! and barkley last time i checked you have no rings so good luck enforcing that dumb *** statement loser!

PrettyBoyJ
07-09-2010, 08:39 AM
yeah he ruined his legacy winning a ring is never gonna be the same as if he where to do it by himself.. Idk why he gave up so early.. look how long it took Jordan to finally win one.. LBJ had so much goin for him.. now it wont be the same he'll never be mentioned as one of the greats anymore

Canes0097
07-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the championship advice Charles. . . . how many did you win in your time again?

Jester4k0
07-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Sour grapes............and he tried on his own and failed

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Barkley is always hating on everything and everyone who is popular and expected to be succesful. He did it when Shaq came to Miami too.

This is nothing new from him really.

younggunn113
07-09-2010, 08:45 AM

Yes I do think Jordan would have stayed on the Bulls, because he did. It took him 7, SEVEN, years to win a ring. The year before he won a ring the Bulls went 55-27. He got beat by the Pistons repeatedly. You would have never seen Jordan say, **** it you know what, let me sign with Detroit. MJ had the chance to leave Chicago but stayed. Players like Jordan and Kobe are wired differently than the younger generation of players today. Lebron thinks winning 5 or 6 rings in Miami will cement his legacy, but I know for a fact I'll never put him in the same sentence with the like of Mamba or Air again.

Draco
07-09-2010, 08:47 AM
yeah Lebron is out of the G O A T discussion... Kobe is the closest thing this generation has had and i guess we'll have to keep our eye out for the next greatest shooting guard

He was never really in it.

justcallmetm
07-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I know alot of people didnt watch basketball in the 90's but yeah barkley didnt win a ring he did make the finals in 93 but i think i a person named jordan stopped that from happening how many other great players jordan shut out ewing ,miller, malone , payton , stockton, etc Jordan put his own stamp on the 90's as the ultimate gamer period there will never be another man like that to dominate the way he did

LeBron is just of another cloth he puts up great number but will never be that #23 guy, why he decided to switch his # the yr of his FA out of respect that he cant be jordan he can only be LBJ and well this generation will look at 2 people only KOBE OR LBJ

stop40
07-09-2010, 08:51 AM
God i can't wait till the season start Miami is going to be so hated that know one will have time to hate the Knicks anymore hurray.

Don't worry, I'll always be there to hate. At least you guys could grab the cav's old spot in the playoffs.

Bullsfan22
07-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Lebron can't win, everything he does is scrutinized. He left a team he gave seven years of hard work to and people now fault him because he wants to be a winner? I just don't understand the hate for him against him? So he made his decision a televised event, he gave out scholarships and donations but people overlook that.

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Lebron can't win, everything he does is scrutinized. He left a team he gave seven years of hard work to and people now fault him because he wants to be a winner? I just don't understand the hate for him against him? So he made his decision a televised event, he gave out scholarships and donations but people overlook that.

MJ didn't win for 6 years straight, did that make him want to leave? This is stupid....

What Barkley says is completely true....except the difference is Lebron is the best player in the world and he joined 2 all stars...

MJ knew he was the greatest player in the world and he stayed even though he lost 6 straight years...

And you know what would be even better about the televised event? If he didn't televise it and still gave out schloarships...he televised it to be an attention whore.

justcallmetm
07-09-2010, 09:01 AM
He knew that going into that whole process but i dont knock him completely for what he did yeah he wants to win blah blah but dont want to hear that he will leave a legacy cause this wont do it for him like the Nets owner said he goes to Miami and his LBJ brand is pretty much ruined and well he wont be a gloabl icon after this.

But im more pissed off that a team like miami was allowed to gut the roster to basically 1 player to just sign 3 max players and i didnt really see any other team do that just to sign all 3 players they made room for 2 and left some decent players on the roster.

I just dont see how the Owners will lay down for this and would expect them to pull out of the CBA negotiating table unless its in there favor and if they do then that 1 less yr of for them to win a title 1 less yr of them getting paid and 1 less prime yr for those players.

I just think LBJ could have avoided something that could get alot uglier and im not talking about fans and blah blah but what the owners might dish out in the next CBA agreement

SSnow21
07-09-2010, 09:07 AM
The MJ comparisons DO need to end.

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Lebron isn't who we thought he was...he wanted to be the greatest...well he won't crack top 10 imo

whiteboy_eddie
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
What player has won without out help. Jordan no

SSnow21
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
There is something to be said for his performance in the playoffs. Something just wasn't right. And all the sports writers in Cleveland, and elsewhere for that matter, feel the same and are looking for an explanation.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:15 AM

If you recall jordan was on the bulls for 7 years didn't have nearly as good of a team as lebron and he didn't leave he stayed to finish what he started so what kind of comparision is that? you can't even mention jordan and him in the same sentence as far as sticking it out

Thisisouryear!!
07-09-2010, 09:15 AM
talk about stating the obvious, lebron just handed in his crown and legacy....what a MORON

Thisisouryear!!
07-09-2010, 09:16 AM
The MJ comparisons DO need to end.

MJJJ???? lol not even close....

stop the KOBE comparasons....could u ever imagine kobe joining wade in miami with bosh? lol not a chance.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:19 AM

Robert Horry live for the big shot and didn't EVER quit on his team...i don't even see how you can compare Robert Horry to LBJ :facepalm:

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Robert Horry live for the big shot and didn't EVER quit on his team...i don't even see how you can compare Robert Horry to LBJ :facepalm:

Robert Horry has an ego?

Wait are we comparing Horry to Lebron now? I guess that makes more sense.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't think there is Hate For Lebron I think that people feel he took the Easy way out. To be honest I expected him to choose NYK or Cleveland like the whole documentary thing to show his career will end in Cleveland. If he would have come to NY it would have been Hate but it would have showed he is willing to Compete IMO. Now we must address who is the best player in the NBA and we know who we have to compare MJ too KOBE not LEBRON.

i agree with you 100%

kntresistheheat
07-09-2010, 09:27 AM
MJ didn't win for 6 years straight, did that make him want to leave? This is stupid....

What Barkley says is completely true....except the difference is Lebron is the best player in the world and he joined 2 all stars...

MJ knew he was the greatest player in the world and he stayed even though he lost 6 straight years...

And you know what would be even better about the televised event? If he didn't televise it and still gave out schloarships...he televised it to be an attention whore.

Jordan didn't win 6 straight years until he got help, pippen, rodman! Granted he didn't leave but they got him help and lebron has not won in 7 years and cavs did not get him the right pieces to win. Why waste his years trying like Barkley, miller, Ewing, ect... Look at the history and you can see that every star player has won with 1 or 2 all-stars!

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Jordan didn't win 6 straight years until he got help, pippen, rodman! Granted he didn't leave but they got him help and lebron has not won in 7 years and cavs did not get him the right pieces to win. Why waste his years trying like Barkley, miller, Ewing, ect... Look at the history and you can see that every star player has won with 1 or 2 all-stars!

Why waste his years like Barkley Miller? You do realize they would never win one because of Michael Jordan...

Only reason Lebron didn't win one is because of Lebron James...

BTW, Pippen was drafted (traded) to the Bulls, Pippen wasn't an all star then.

How do you know if the Cavs wouldn't make a trade to help him more? Its not like Gilbert wasn't trying to help Lebron.

Thisisouryear!!
07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
hes 25 bro, sign an extension with the cave for 3 more years if ur the "king" (please not even close) and try and carry them to a championship and if not then move on at 28 or 29 and team up and make an all star team if u want not at 25....

Thats just THROWING ur legacy away!

whiteboy_eddie
07-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Mike played in a different time........If Cleveland couldnt win the last 2 years why stay?

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:33 AM

LBJ is a quitter thats all there is too it i don't think anyone hates him right now other than cleveland fans but the way he handle this situatiion was classless ...LBJ knew he was going to miami all along so why play games he know he wasn't going to win by himself so if figured if he took the easy way out and played with the 2 or 3rd best closer in the game he would have an easy chance at a ring and not really have to work as hard will getting it

whiteboy_eddie
07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Barkley left Philly cause he hand no help so why dog Lebron

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Mike played in a different time........If Cleveland couldnt win the last 2 years why stay?

You're right, Mike actually played basketball

YankeeFan28
07-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Guys like MJ and Kobe didn't leave because they were already in big markets. You can't compare MJ staying in Chicago to LBJ leaving Cleveland. Look at the market differences.

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 09:36 AM

Yeah, it's lebron fault noone could slow down Dwight vs orlando or it's Lebron fault that Mo Williams and Jamison got raped by KG and Rondo while he was totally shutting down Pierce.

How do you know if the Cavs wouldn't make a trade to help him more? Its not like Gilbert wasn't trying to help Lebron.

when was he going to get Lebron a true "1b" type of player instead of keep surrounding him with 2nd tier roleplayers that don't show up on either side of the ball in the playoffs?

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:36 AM

i really doubt LBJ is better than Kobe, Wade or Melo he is a physical freak but skill wise no way is he the best player.....and i agree he was just being an attention whore

whiteboy_eddie
07-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Quit wow thats a big word.........for everyone who has something to say if it was your team he was coming to what would be said?

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:38 AM
i really doubt LBJ is better than Kobe, Wade or Melo he is a physical freak but skill wise no way is he the best player.....and i agree he was just being an attention whore

Well we wouldn't know since he quit on the team last year...

We haven't seen a LBJ v Kobe yet in the finals but Kobe in his prime would destroy LBJ, but LBJ should be able to take on Kobe right now.

whiteboy_eddie
07-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Mike got evey call possible on his way to 6 rings which he didnt win by his self not one of them.

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 09:40 AM
We haven't seen a LBJ v Kobe yet in the finals but Kobe in his prime would destroy LBJ, but LBJ should be able to take on Kobe right now.

KObe in his life has never been able to "destroy" lebron.

whiteboy_eddie
07-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Kobe cant hold LBJ'S jock strap...

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Mike got evey call possible on his way to 6 rings which he didnt win by his self not one of them.

Are you 15....really? Mike got every possible call? Have you not watched a basketball game in the early 90/mid 90s?

:facepalm:

Have you watched LBJ or Wade? 2006 Finals? :facepalm:

CowboysKB24
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM

stop you make him sound worse.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
What player has won without out help. Jordan no

Jordan stayed and they brought in help he didn't say hey charles and gary lets go to the same team when we are 25 yrs olds so we don't have to work as hard to win a title

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:43 AM

go juggle tony romos balls in your mouth

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 09:44 AM
go juggle tony romos balls in your mouth

what's lebron vs Kobe's (head to head) career win/loss record?

GAWDtv
Charles did try, AND FAILED. He lost to MJ and Phil Jackson, see any familiarities here. Phil now has a stacked team as we all know Kobe ain't no MJ. The Lakers are a Juggernaut and rising. The Celtics are aging but as they showed this Post season, are a Playoff Juggernaut a well. What they have in common are multiple SUPERstars on their squads. Kobe+Pau+Artest+Bynum=Formidable and PP+RayRay+KG+Rondo=Formidable.

Why should the Lakers and Celtics be the only team with an all-star line-up? Bosh+Wade+LBJ= Chance to beat the Lakers and Celtics next year, and for years to come. They took less money to get better pieces around them as well. It's about winning rings, something Charles, Reggie, Stockton or Malone can't give much insight.

effen5

I have no idea

whiteboy_eddie
07-09-2010, 09:45 AM
@effen5 Why all the HATE you from Cleveland if so I understand.....First you have to give Romos balls back....:facepalm:

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 09:46 AM

I don't know, but Kobe has been in the league a lot longer, and there are other factors like, ehm, teammates, so it will not tell us anything.

blacknell
the heat will become the best team in NBA history but Lebron's name will not mean the same as it did in clevland. he will still be the best player in the nba but i expect his stats to drop alot

J4KOP99
This is what upsets me. I respect(ed) the hell out of LeBron for what he was doing in Cleveland. I wanted to see him win a title as the main focus of a team. I did not want him to take the easy way out and go join his two, top 10 NBA friends.

This move tells me a few things. He wasn't confident enough in himself that he could win one which is crazy. If he goes to the Bulls, that team is far better than the Heat. Even if he goes to the Knicks, they are better than the Heat.

The way he handled this was ridiculous and I think 5-10 years down the road, he will regret it. As great a player that he is, he deserves all the criticism he has recieved.

You can't tell me in your wildest dreams that, Magic, Larry, Michael, or Kobe would do this.

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:47 AM
@effen5 Why all the HATE you from Cleveland if so I understand.....First you have to give Romos balls back....:facepalm:

lol me cleveland? Nah :laugh:

I feel bad for cleveland though.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:47 AM

your miss the entire point no player that has won that title has ploted with two of the best players in the league to join the same team and try and win easy everyone (superstars) else earned there title name someone that was a superstar(elite player) at the time and bought a title.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Why waste his years like Barkley Miller? You do realize they would never win one because of Michael Jordan...

BTW, Pippen was drafted (traded) to the Bulls, Pippen wasn't an all star then.

that was a very true statement sir

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 09:49 AM
This is what upsets me. I respect(ed) the hell out of LeBron for what he was doing in Cleveland. I wanted to see him win a title as the main focus of a team. I did not want him to take the easy way out and go join his two, top 10 NBA friends.

This move tells me a few things. He wasn't confident enough in himself that he could win one which is crazy. If he goes to the Bulls, that team is far better than the Heat. Even if he goes to the Knicks, they are better than the Heat.

The way he handled this was ridiculous and I think 5-10 years down the road, he will regret it. As great a player that he is, he deserves all the criticism he has recieved.

You can't tell me in your wildest dreams that, Magic, Larry, Michael, or Kobe would do this.

HELL NO to the bolded:facepalm:

That Knicks team with lebron is still worse than the the cavs are with lebron.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Guys like MJ and Kobe didn't leave because they were already in big markets. You can't compare MJ staying in Chicago to LBJ leaving Cleveland. Look at the market differences.

there is a difference if your in a small market and your sharing that market with other superstars but when your the only superstar in that market its not really a big difference

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Quit wow thats a big word.........for everyone who has something to say if it was your team he was coming to what would be said?

i wouldn't have gone after all three common sense says you have to have a strong bench and good role players to win so i never spend 90% of my cap on 3 players

Thisisouryear!!
07-09-2010, 09:55 AM

You nailed it man.

uws
barkley is the mannnnn lebron is a ******

Young$avage
Only a matter of time before the Thunder Kids and Durant make a move. When it's all said and done, Durantula will be a threat to LeBrick.

A Nut Da 1
Well we wouldn't know since he quit on the team last year...

One on One i would agree Now! but as far as on a team NO WAY

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Only a matter of time before the Thunder Kids and Durant make a move. When it's all said and done, Durantula will be a threat to LeBrick.Durant is one of the only Jedi we have left.

Young$avage
07-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Durant is one of the only Jedi we have left.

And he manned up in that 5-year deal. I'm betting money on Durant being the next one in the GOAT discussion at the rate he is going. And he's only 21 with that same will I see in Kobe.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 09:59 AM

r u really going to compare mike getting calls at a time in the league where you could almost bear hug a player and they considered it defense.... in this league now at his prime with the no touching rules jordan would have dominated even more maybe averaged about 35-37 points a game. WOW! i can't believe you said that how many phantom calls does LBJ get i mean really when you make up a name for a move you know is ilegal (Crab Dribble ) and try and get away with it again and again

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 10:01 AM

what is Kobe right now about 32 or so and i'm pretty sure LBJ couldn't hold his jock strap...but at 25 26 Kobe would have absolutely killed LBJ

FNM BOY
07-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Name one basketball star who won a ring without a all star or multiple stars (hall of famers/future hall of famers) around them...NO NOT ONE...hate Lebron all ya want...he is gonna win...and the kid is only 25....Charles can say that because he has no ring...what wold happen if Lebron took his dumb advise???...hate all ya want people..call him whatever he...he made a decision for him and his best interest....who would choose the wrost possible option for themselves...please get real people

Young$avage
07-09-2010, 10:04 AM
what is Kobe right now about 32 or so and i'm pretty sure LBJ couldn't hold his jock strap...but at 25 26 Kobe would have absolutely killed LBJ

:clap:

Young$avage
07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Name one basketball star who won a ring without a all star or multiple stars (hall of famers/future hall of famers) around them...NO NOT ONE...hate Lebron all ya want...he is gonna win...and the kid is only 25....Charles can say that because he has no ring...what wold happen if Lebron took his dumb advise???...hate all ya want people..call him whatever he...he made a decision for him and his best interest....who would choose the wrost possible option for themselves...please get real people

LeBron had that in Cleveland. Jamison, Shaq, Mo Williams, Z, Larry Hughes. He didn't get the best out of his teammates. Period.

Lucho
07-09-2010, 10:07 AM

Your right, why waste his time trying. :facepalm:

MagicDojo
07-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Why do you call a press conference to bend some body over....Shaq at least didnt leave Orlando in a prime time News conference. LBJ is an arrogant prick and I hate him more than I did before just because he screwed his truly loyal people.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Charles did try, AND FAILED. He lost to MJ and Phil Jackson, see any familiarities here. Phil now has a stacked team as we all know Kobe ain't no MJ. The Lakers are a Juggernaut and rising. The Celtics are aging but as they showed this Post season, are a Playoff Juggernaut a well. What they have in common are multiple SUPERstars on their squads. Kobe+Pau+Artest+Bynum=Formidable and PP+RayRay+KG+Rondo=Formidable.

Why should the Lakers and Celtics be the only team with an all-star line-up? Bosh+Wade+LBJ= Chance to beat the Lakers and Celtics next year, and for years to come. They took less money to get better pieces around them as well. It's about winning rings, something Charles, Reggie, Stockton or Malone can't give much insight.

didn't malone win a ring at the end of his career after he tried to win on his own team?

Young$avage
07-09-2010, 10:10 AM
didn't malone win a ring at the end of his career after he tried to win on his own team?

:facepalm: No. Don't remind me of 04.

kdman77
07-09-2010, 10:10 AM
So much drama. Dude was a free agent, it's not like he whined his way out of town. Maybe the way he did it was wrong and maybe choosing the "easy" way out was wrong but it's a right giving to free agents.

But really, what did you expect? He was crowned King before he even was drafted. Everything was handed to him so he's got all the rights in the world to believe the O'Brien trophy should be handed to him with no effort from his part, wasn't that clear with the way he played in the playoffs?

It's funny though seeing Heat fans justify this. It's been done before and it doesn't work: Barkley with the Rockets, Malone with the Lakers, Shaq with the Suns and the Cavs. Karma is a ******. If you Heat fans think that this team won't implode then you must have suffered a heat stroke. Nobody can deny the talent on the team, but am I the only one thinking that there's even more ego than talent?

homestarunner93
07-09-2010, 10:11 AM
His legacy talk is nonsense. LeBron did the smartest thing he could have done. He is now on a team with two great friends who are also stars in today's game. He has improved his chances of winning a ring by a large margin. Winning rings, moving to a big market, and combining his game with two of the best players in the NBA are all going to make LeBron a ton of money. As many athletes say, it's a business. LeBron doesn't owe the people in Cleveland anything. He gave them an economic boost, in fact. This move is going to make LeBron much more money and will give him more worldwide fame than he could have ever garnered on Cleveland.

A Nut Da 1
07-09-2010, 10:11 AM
the heat will become the best team in NBA history but Lebron's name will not mean the same as it did in clevland. he will still be the best player in the nba but i expect his stats to drop alot

ha ha ha the heat haven't even played a game and you guys are bending over.....Heat will not be the best team in NBA history i think the lakers in the 80's had the best all around team ....i don't think the heat are going to get out of the east

69centers
07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Smartest thing Barkley has ever said. Lebron could never get a title with him being the number 1 option. He has to go to an all star team for 5 years to try.

Gibby23

Nobody hates irrelevant.

Young$avage
So much drama. Dude was a free agent, it's not like he whined his way out of town. Maybe the way he did it was wrong and maybe choosing the "easy" way out was wrong but it's a right giving to free agents.

But really, what did you expect? He was crowned King before he even was drafted. Everything was handed to him so he's got all the rights in the world to believe the O'Brien trophy should be handed to him with no effort from his part, wasn't that clear with the way he played in the playoffs?

It's funny though seeing Heat fans justify this. It's been done before and it doesn't work: Barkley with the Rockets, Malone with the Lakers, Shaq with the Suns and the Cavs. Karma is a ******. If you Heat fans think that this team won't implode then you must have suffered a heat stroke. Nobody can deny the talent on the team, but am I the only one thinking that there's even more ego than talent?

What I've been saying since July 1st. It all sounds wonderful on paper. But when you suit up on the battle field, the better TEAM wins.

RazNYC
07-09-2010, 10:14 AM
he isn't meant for bright lights he just isn't ready for that he knows he needs a lot of people by him to win because he can't doing by himself and another guy lebron will never get to Jordan and Bryant's level never

J4KOP99
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM

Yes, all of those things did happen but this is completely different. LeBron is in the prime of his career. None of those aforementioned players were anywhere close to their primes. LeBron joins Wade and Bosh who are also in their primes.

This is a situation unlike any other we have ever seen.

--Ironic that you make fun of Heat fans justifying why they will be great(which they will be) and then you come up with some **** like that...

Me and Jack
07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
yeah Chuck should have left this one alone. whenever winning titles (like he did in Philly at 25) comes up.

twoearl
07-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Look it's very simple...

A. Yes, Lebron CANNOT be spoken in the same breath as MJ or Kobe anymore

B. No, you CANNOT blame Bron for leaving, he owe's Cleveland NOTHING. He gave them Dang near a triple double every night. What else do they want?

C. Yes, the HEAT WILL win 3+ Championships, period. Basketball is NOT rockets science. All you need are a couple of superstars and you can win a ring.

Young$avage
07-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Look it's very simple...

A. Yes, Lebron CANNOT be spoken in the same breath as MJ or Kobe anymore

B. No, you CANNOT blame Bron for leaving, he owe's Cleveland NOTHING. He gave them Dang near a triple double every night. What else do they want?

C. Yes, the HEAT WILL win 3+ Championships, period. Basketball is NOT rockets science. All you need are a couple of superstars and you can win a ring.

With the Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Thunder, and maybe Bulls standing in the way? I don't think so. The Heat win one. Maybe two.

strokeman
07-09-2010, 10:22 AM
alot of people on here is talkin about how many rings does CB have well we know Barkley is one of the 50 greatest and a lot of those guys donít have rings but they got the job done respectively! He is totally right about the LBJ, Wade, Bosh teaming. LBJ destroy his Rap by joining Wade and Bosh when he had a chance to go to CHI which have a nice core, NY wich have a nice big man, NY which have a nice young core, a colid PG and a young C that looks like he will be a force!
By going to Mia that kinda says, I cant do it like Kobe and MJ!

twoearl
07-09-2010, 10:25 AM
alot of people on here is talkin about how many rings does CB have well we know Barkley is one of the 50 greatest and a lot of those guys donít have rings but they got the job done respectively! He is totally right about the LBJ, Wade, Bosh teaming. LBJ destroy his Rap by joining Wade and Bosh when he had a chance to go to CHI which have a nice core, NY wich have a nice big man, NY which have a nice young core, a colid PG and a young C that looks like he will be a force!

exactly. Which doesn't really have to be a bad thing. It's just that EVERYBODY can now stop with the Kobe Lebron stuff. That arguement is officially Dead!

marlinsfan24
07-09-2010, 10:26 AM
RT @OGOchoCinco: So when a #freeagent leaves he's a traitor but when a team cuts your *** its part of the (cont) http://tl.gd/2daf74

Chris Paul

Lucho
07-09-2010, 10:27 AM

1- Yep a TEAM , not 3 of the top 5 (Bosh top 10) players in the league.

2- Lakers- Bynum was a rook, and other than Kobe you cant categorize any of them among top 10 even (gasol arguably)

Celtics- Rondo was an afterthought at first, you realize the difference in ages right??

Anyways. Good Luck to the Heat, i know i wont be rooting for them.

Ps- I hope Bosh could handle some center, cause lord knows Big Z or Miller wont be able to all the time.

FNM BOY
07-09-2010, 10:29 AM
LeBron had that in Cleveland. Jamison, Shaq, Mo Williams, Z, Larry Hughes. He didn't get the best out of his teammates. Period.

LOL ..wow a washed up Shaq...yeah I know he had the the same unstoppable Shaq as Kobe did that won 3 Finals MVPS:rolleyes::facepalm:....and the rest u mentioned played one game well here and there and disappeared the rest...anyway...someone has to hate on him..thats life...

strokeman
07-09-2010, 10:29 AM

exactly. Which doesn't really have to be a bad thing. It's just that EVERYBODY can now stop with the Kobe Lebron stuff. That arguement is officially Dead!

awwww man I hate LBJ now, :mad: if there is no Kobe vs LBJ then what about the puppets? Is there going to be a bosh wade puppet added to the mix? :facepalm:

twoearl
07-09-2010, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=twoearl;14041246]

awwww man I hate LBJ now, :mad: if there is no Kobe vs LBJ then what about the puppets? Is there going to be a bosh wade puppet added to the mix? :facepalm:

lol yeah I am sure the Nike Marketing Offices are working 14 hours days right now trying to figure out how to Market Lebron now. They will have to incorporate Bosh and Wade somehow...

The Final Boss
07-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Lebrons a clown.

kdman77
07-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Yes, all of those things did happen but this is completely different. LeBron is in the prime of his career. None of those aforementioned players were anywhere close to their primes. LeBron joins Wade and Bosh who are also in their primes.

This is a situation unlike any other we have ever seen.

--Ironic that you make fun of Heat fans justifying why they will be great(which they will be) and then you come up with some **** like that...

First of all, it was an example of players running after a championship by going to a team with the most talent. Obviously, this is not 100% the case because Lebron still had to have his $$$. I do agree that they were at the end of their career, way past their prime (and I do think that is when you would pull that move). Who was the last "superstar" you've seen that willingly went to a team to play second or even third fiddle?

Second of all, what is so ironic? I didn't insult Heat fans, I really meant it when I said that it is FUNNY to see them justify the LEBRON signing not how great they were going to be, because if I'm not wrong, the OP was about the LEBRON signing and not the Heat being a great team or not. I admit the implosion part was out of context but I think I'm allowed to voice my opinion like you're allowed to think they'll be great.

Finally, it is a situation we've never seen because in the past, "superstar" wanted to work for that ring being the leader on their team, to prove they were the MAN. So I agree, this situation is completely new.

krest213
07-09-2010, 10:36 AM
how many rings he have again......:facepalm:

markbutter
07-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Well, I can't put James on the level of Kobe or MJ. He has the talent, but as someone else said, just doesn't show that killer instinct. I think it's bad that Gilbert is ripping him but I can't disagree with the prognosis.

gilbert more than worked with james to bring in players. Williams, Shaq, Jamison. Gilbert did the best he could and if james had taken a bit less money 3 years ago, who knows who that could have gotten. However, look at the matchups:

Lakers have Artest, which is as close as a defensive "push" you'll get against LeBron. He'll still get his points and Artest won't. Kobe vs. Wade: Regardless of which guy you take it's at worst a push. Gasol vs. Bosh: I'll take Gasol in a 7 game series. Then there's Bynum, who is a top 5 center if healthy. A big IF. Then you've got Blake/ Fisher (perhaps) against the PG of the Heat. I'll take the Lakers PG.

Boston: A push of KG vs. Bosh. LeBron gets the nod vs. Pierce, but it's at least competitive. Wade gets the nod vs. Allen. J. O'Neal vs. ? nod to O' Neal. Rajon vs. heat PG? Rajon.

Orlando: having played together for a year without Turkgulu, and 3-4 years with their core ; Lewis, Dwight, Nelson. They're certainly competitive enough.

At the end of the day, LeBron couldn't recruit Bosh to Cleveland. Wade recruited Bosh to Miami (though S. Beach & taxes played a role). Who has LBJ EVER recruited to Clev? Shaq riding supposed coattails plus contract? who else? hell, boozer even baled.

Rumor has it Kobe went to the gym as soon a LBJ made his announcement. That's why Kobe has 5 and LBJ will only get 1 or 2.

NYJ187
07-09-2010, 10:38 AM
yo everyone who has something negative to say about lebron should really just keep there mouths shut...the guy put in 7 years to Cleveland and gave his all every single game, day in and day out LBJ gave his heart to that city on and off the court...

Now for all you haters out there...put yourself in his shoes for a min...

you are 25 years old, you have more money then you know what to do with...you can stay in Cleveland, OH or go join your best friends in SOUTH BEACH, MIAMI and play basketball and have a great chance to win a championships for the rest of your career...

so lets say that one more time people...Cleveland or South Beach..hmmmmm thats a real tough choice man...Ohio or Miami...holy **** thats a hard one...

How anyone can sit there and criticize this move is just plain jelous bottom line...thats his home town...he obv loves his home town who doesnt...so if I grew up in Ohio, played high school ball there, then 7 years, 7 years is not a short time...in the same town I grew up in...dont you think you want to go out and experience something else??? especially if its ****ing OHIO!!!

Geez let me stay in Ohio another 10 years or go to South Beach Miami where the women are gorgous (anyone who has been to Miami understands that part all too well)...and I can still make millions of dollars and play a fckn game with two of my closest friends...

you can call it selfish you can call it whatever you want...but the bottom line is still the same...this is his life...not yours not mine not all the fans in Cleveland not the media and surely not Charles my face is extremely large and round Barkley...and yea he didnt win any rings either...

and just so you know, I dont think he is winning a Ring down there anyway, at least not this year coming up...or possibly the next few years...until they get some more players down there, I dont think they have all the pieces to the puzzle to win...

BUt and thats a big but...look at Boston...Garnet, Pierce and Ray Allen, they came together and won the whole thing the next year...

Basketball is like no other sport...its not the all time team sport, it just isnt...you can have 1 superstar and make the playoffs every year...its 5 guys on the court...1 person can make a huge difference...now put 3 stars together...there is no doubt in my mind they will contend for a championship every single year for the rest of his career...all 3 of those guys are 25 years old and living together in south beach...

say whatever the hell you want...I know I am speaking the truth when I say, if I was in that position you best believe my *** would be nice and tan on the beach chilling with beautiful women all around me in one of the best cities in this country...or I could stay and pick up some dope Ohio chicks in my fav hole in the wall bar...

haha...sorry i dont mean to laugh but this is just comical...i rly dont care when anyone says if i gave you a million bucks and said you want to go to south beach or Cleveland...yea...i know what you would say also...

you can talk all you want about loyalty and this and that...people you get one spin on this planet, 1 not 2 or 3, 1...im sure you would want to make yourself happy and do whats best for you also...sunny beachs in Miami??? or...i think i've made my point...

homestarunner93
07-09-2010, 10:39 AM

Miami was really the only plausible destination other than Cleveland. None of the other situations were remotely close to winning.

Young$avage
07-09-2010, 10:40 AM
LOL ..wow a washed up Shaq...yeah I know he had the the same unstoppable Shaq as Kobe did that won 3 Finals MVPS:rolleyes::facepalm:....and the rest u mentioned played one game well here and there and disappeared the rest...anyway...someone has to hate on him..thats life...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

So I'm guessing that you didn't see the part where I said LeBron (who "makes his team better") didn't get the best out his teammates? Pair Kobe or MJ with the team LeBron had last year and bet they make it to the Finals.

J4KOP99
07-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Miami was really the only plausible destination other than Cleveland. None of the other situations were remotely close to winning.

The Bulls, if they added both Boozer and LeBron could easily win it next year.

MacFitz92
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM

At least I respect him for not taking the easy route.

blue bleeder09
07-09-2010, 10:52 AM

about the # that lebron has hahaha, face it lebron sucks ....if the nba was ran by espn or people like u guys lebron would have 5 rings allready w/o earning them yeah u guys look good on paper but lets see them on the court first b4 u crown them champs,but u have to beat the champs to be the champs ......kobe baby:D

D-Block21-Chito
07-09-2010, 10:54 AM

So true slim and I will prove your theory, I have moved all hatred to the miami heat and I hated the knicks mostly because of John Starks. I still hate that man

justinnum1
07-09-2010, 10:56 AM
........And thats the reason barkley never won one.

D-Block21-Chito
07-09-2010, 10:58 AM

Shut your face dude! Chicago and new york had no shot at winning if they landed lebron? You are a complete fool!

homestarunner93
07-09-2010, 10:59 AM

Not even close. Rose is a chucker, him playing with LeBron would never work. Deng also needs the ball to be effective. Boozer isn't a vey good defender, and Noah just isn't very good. His offense is pathetic.

fadedmario
07-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Durant will win the MVP the next 6 years

NYY09
07-09-2010, 11:02 AM

Someone hates the Knicks? :eyebrow:

homestarunner93
Shut your face dude! Chicago and new york had no shot at winning if they landed lebron? You are a complete fool!

I already discussed Chicago, but NY would have been even less likely. They have no capable PG or C, and Amare is incredibly fragile. NY would have been a three year project at least. That isn't worth it on a 5 or 6 year deal.

D-Block21-Chito
Not even close. Rose is a chucker, him playing with LeBron would never work. Deng also needs the ball to be effective. Boozer isn't a vey good defender, and Noah just isn't very good. His offense is pathetic.

You are looking so stupid with these comments right now. I would go .... your dogs *** cause thats how much of an ... you sound like.

MooseWithFleas
07-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I love Charles, but give it a break. Just because the guy is trying to get a championship doesn't mean we should vilify him. If bron chose to go back to the Cavs for a max contract, they would have criticized him for simply going for the money.

blue bleeder09
07-09-2010, 11:04 AM

rose is a chucker??? lmao :facepalm:

MGB
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM

:laugh: :laugh2: :laugh:

ooooh homestar... I hope you're just baiting. Rose a chucker?!? Deng needing the ball in his hands?!? WHAT?!? U high boy?

krest213
07-09-2010, 11:13 AM

and the haters would have still come out and play..
shut up all haterz

eso
07-09-2010, 11:17 AM
who gives a **** what jordan (the GOAT) would have ( has done) done what Magic would (has done) of done what Bird (has Done) would of done Lebron signed where he wanted to. im a Lakers fan but who cares this team aint the The Wu Tang or Voltron they have many holes that they have to fill .

Sly Guy
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM

on these boards at least, the knicks aren't all that hated. Honestly, you guys haven't had much to hate between isiah and walsh, piles of bad contracts for years, bad teams, etc etc.

Teams like the lakers and the celtics are far more hated IMO.

Revolu7i9n
07-09-2010, 11:20 AM
LBJ left unfinished business in Cleveland and looks to be joining a stacked deck to get his own shot at hardware.

I like James, and I think he is the best player in the game today, but bottom line, when Jordan lost to the Pistons three years in a row, and lost in the conference finals twice, he didnt give up on Chicago and look to move to a place where it would be easier to win, he stayed and got things done.

The Cavs could have done a better job of getting players around James to win, but they were making an honest effort to put together a title contender.

Barkley doesnt always know what he's talking about, but I hear where he's coming from on this one.

this

strokeman
07-09-2010, 11:22 AM

what are you talkina about?

CHI = Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, Joakim Noah,
NJN = Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Courtney Lee, Travis Outlaw, Derrick Favors
NYN = Amar'e Stoudemire, Danilo Gallinari, Eddie House, Al Harrington, Eddy Curry, Toney Douglas,
LAC = Eric Gordon, Baron Davis, Blake Griffin, Chris Kaman, Rasual Butler
CLE= J.J. Hickson, Jamario Moon, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Anthony Parker, Antawn Jamison

Add LBJ to any of these teams and he would be the man and I feel they become title contenders!

Personally I think they did their best in Cleveland to make him happy and surrounded him with talent! Maybe he should have gone to Orlando and play with Howard, you need a big man to win in todays game!

Tmath
07-09-2010, 11:23 AM
They were a 60+ team the last 2 seasons. He gave up. Thats why i respect the reggie millers & the steve nash's they may not have a title but they will be known for never giving up on there teams.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Good Idea: Following Charles Barkley's pork chop recipe.

Bad Idea: Following Charles Barkley's championship formula.

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 11:26 AM
People look FAR more into this than they need to.

LeBron wants to win. Period. He put himself in the best possible possition to win next year. He's not trying to fulfill your fantasies of winning a title in Cleveland or "being the man". He just wants to win. Since when was that not enough?

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 11:27 AM
They were a 60+ team the last 2 seasons. He gave up. Thats why i respect the reggie millers & the steve nash's they may not have a title but they will be known for never giving up on there teams.

Dallas?

J4KOP99
07-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Haha, very true.

In this case though, I think Charles has a point.

Tmath
07-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Dallas?

Dude he went to pheonix its not like he went to the Lakers

slyone_nyc
07-09-2010, 11:32 AM

dude he proclaimed himself KING JAMES and he's now a side kick, why wouldnt people bash him??? he promised to deliver a ring to cleveland and bolted because of HIS FAILURE... ALL LAST SEASON YHE CAVS WERE THE TEAM TO BEAT IN THE EAST UNTIL THE PLAYOFF's, common... LEBRON HAS GOTTEN AWAY WITH MURDER IN THE LEAGUE AND PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF ooops i fucced your mom... KINGS LEAD, BUT HE CHOSE TO FOLLOW BOSH TO MIAMI... PEOPLE ARE ANGRY BECAUSE KINGS STAND AND FIGHT NOT TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT...

slyone_nyc
07-09-2010, 11:35 AM
LEBRON is a COWARD AZZ SIDE KICK

jrm2054
07-09-2010, 11:36 AM
i love charles

chuckdaily85
07-09-2010, 11:37 AM
nobody is trying to disrespect him but when yall him in the breath of MJ who had to play against teh Celtics with Bird, Parish, the Lakers with Magic, Kareem, & Worthy, and the Pistons with Isiah, Laimbeer, and Dumars he never quit. He lost to the Pistons 3 straight yrs, he didnt say im leaving...never have you ever seen somebody that supposedly a top 5 player in history leave in they prime to join other "superstars" b/c they couldnt do it. Not MJ, not Magic, not Bird, not Kobe.

shep33
07-09-2010, 11:41 AM
First off congrats to the Heat, nobody here is really mad at what the Heat did, because like every other team they're trying to get better. The major problems people have with this is that it will make basketball in the eastern conference much worse. Nobody will even come close to competiting with this Heat team besides maybe Boston and Orlando.

We all wouldn't be as mad if he went to NYC, or stayed in Cleveland, because it would atleast allow a fan of basketball to watch epic battles between Miami and Cleveland/New York, vs the Celts, Bulls, etc. The talent would have been better spread atleast in the east.

IMO, LBJ showed that he's a team player just because they're willing to all sacrifice their stats. However, he will never be looked at as a Shaq, Kobe, MJ, etc. Those guys won it as the guys on their team, and never had 3 superstars on their team (the Malone and Payton thing, was when they were 92 years old). LBJ took the easy route after not winning, at least in the eastern conference for now, instead of trying to beat the best in the east he joins them which is why people are upset, including myself. They way he went about his business too was just terrible... it became a spectacle that he desired

ddaughtry
07-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I hear Barkley, but times have changed. I can't knock James for choosing to go to a company that puts him in a better position to reach his ultimate goal of getting a ring. It wasn't happening in Cleveland. It may not happen in Miami, but he owed it to himself to put himself in a better position. He doesn't owe Cleveland anything at all.

rabzouz 96
07-09-2010, 12:09 PM

ahahaha :clap:

MaHaRaJaH
07-09-2010, 12:18 PM
dude he proclaimed himself KING JAMES and he's now a side kick, why wouldnt people bash him??? he promised to deliver a ring to cleveland and bolted because of HIS FAILURE... ALL LAST SEASON YHE CAVS WERE THE TEAM TO BEAT IN THE EAST UNTIL THE PLAYOFF's, common... LEBRON HAS GOTTEN AWAY WITH MURDER IN THE LEAGUE AND PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF ooops i fucced your mom... KINGS LEAD, BUT HE CHOSE TO FOLLOW BOSH TO MIAMI... PEOPLE ARE ANGRY BECAUSE KINGS STAND AND FIGHT NOT TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT...

You can pick up a tampon on your way out.

homestarunner93
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
:laugh: :laugh2: :laugh:

ooooh homestar... I hope you're just baiting. Rose a chucker?!? Deng needing the ball in his hands?!? WHAT?!? U high boy?

And you're looking like a huge homer right now.

Master Mind
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM

Master Mind
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM

:laugh2:

Mets BS
07-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Barkley was an amazing basketball player and he has a great point. Lebron took the easy way out. Barkley tried with the Sixers, Suns and Rockets. Ity made Basketball better to have him play with those teams and make them better. What Lebron just did is a joke and kinda pathetic. Players like Barkley and Ewing earn my respect for playing the game hard and never winning a championship. Barkley is right on! The Heat and "3 big babies" can win all they want but Lebron will never get the respect of the fans like Barkley or Ewing do.

marlinsfan24
07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Barkley was an amazing basketball player and he has a great point. Lebron took the easy way out. Barkley tried with the Sixers, Suns and Rockets. Ity made Basketball better to have him play with those teams and make them better. What Lebron just did is a joke and kinda pathetic. Players like Barkley and Ewing earn my respect for playing the game hard and never winning a championship. Barkley is right on! The Heat and "3 big babies" can win all they want but Lebron will never get the respect of the fans like Barkley or Ewing do.

Barkley has respect, thats a new one.

29$JerZ
LeBron going to Miami has made NY/Chi/Cleveland fans unite :laugh2:

LeBron wants a ring, he does have a good chance at getting it now.
If he didn't do the ego stroking and playing with everyone for months now his ego wouldn't have taken the hit it did.

LakersIn5
Why the Lebron hate?
why are people hating on lebron? i hate lebron as hell before but after what he did he actually gained respect from me. before i thought what lebron only want was money and to pad his stats. but after his decision to go to miami he contradicted what i thought he was. he would have made more money with the cavs and knicks and would have better stats with the cavs,knicks,nets,bulls,clippers but instead he decide to choose the team which he thinks and i personally think where he has the biggest chance of winning a championship. people are saying that the heat wont be his team because its wade's team, that he wont be the man anymore, that he aint the king anymore because he went to wade's team and picked the team it would be easier for him to win the title. what he did was actually admirable he didnt care anymore if he was the man and if its his team, bottom line was he just wants to win the championship!

like what rick kamla said during the jazz-sixers summer league game lebron is a smart guy. because he didnt do what guys like garnett,malone and drexler did which was to spend all those years with their first teams because of loyalty and more money and it was just late in their careers that they realized that its time for them to look for the best chance of winning the championship. KG left minny for the celtics and he won a title, drexler went to houston and won, and malone went to LA though he didnt win a title it was still the best chance for him to win one. kamla said that lebron was smart to say to himself. i now have the money i have already showed my talent and its now time for me to choose the best situation for me to win the championship.

i wanted to lebron to go to new york because i want to see him pad his stats under mike dantoni and i would like to see him play under a run and gun offense. and i thought he was going to choose the knicks cuz of the money because that was what i thought he was a money and stat whoar but after he decision my prespective of him really changed for the better.

im actually rooting for the heat to make the finals but lose to my lakers... but i would also want the big 3 in miami to win a championship so maybe after the lakers 3peat

koLohe2133
as much as i LOVE charles barkley...

im pretty freakin sure that if mj called him up when chuck was a free agent and said come to chicago and we can win championships, play golf, and gamble all the time....

he would not have hesitated.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Meh.

If Wade somehow got to Cleveland, no one would be complaining. But because Lebron went to Miami, it's a ***** made move?

I didn't like that he went to Miami but you can't blame him for wanting help.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Why are all the Bull and NY fans have so much hate for Lebron? You guys had LBJ in Bulls/NY jersey and now you hating on the man?

Come on guys.

Cromedome
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Boo Lebron everytime he touches the ball in EVERY arena.