PDA

View Full Version : If You are CP3 What is Your Decision?

matt800
07-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Now that Miami has Bosh, Wade, and James... they are set for many years of contention.

If I am CP3 I have to think... If I want a championship there is realistically no way I am getting one in New Orleans. They dont have enough appeal/money for free agents. They would have to get lucky in the draft for multiple years, then let everyone get experience to even have a hope of contending against LA, Miami, OKC, etc.

If CP3 wants a championship, does he push for a trade this summer, or does he wait? Maybe until next summer, or his free agency?

I think he should look for a trade this summer, because he might as well get it done now rather than later...

In my opinion it is between Portland and LA as the two teams that are deep enough to trade for CP3 and still be in contention. From there it just depends on who can arrange a more appealing trade. The Knicks are a possibility, but they would need someone like Melo too to get more talent.

Slimsim
07-09-2010, 07:36 AM
He goes to NY with MElo

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 07:45 AM
I don't think New Orleans is going to trade him unless they really have no other choice, but CP3 isn't the type to force it upon them.

And if they trade him they will want equal talent in return, or at least as close to it as possible.

matt800
07-09-2010, 07:54 AM
True, I'm just thinking with his free agency only a few years down the road, he might as well leave now. Its not like waiting is going to help him, and New Orleans has got to be scared of his free agency after seeing what Lebron did to Cleveland.

Everyone seems to be about the championship these days, and I know CP3 has said before that he wants to win now. He doesn't want to wait.

Then again, maybe he values loyalty more. Maybe he will go for the whole career in one place plan, and build a legacy in New Orleans.

nolafan33
07-09-2010, 11:16 AM
It's too early to talk about this. The Hornets will have loads of cap next offseason, plus a few expirings (Peja-15m) this season. A year is a long time, and if the Hornets could make a few good moves plus have Thornton, Collison, Brackins, and Pondexter continue to develop something could be salvaged.

Young$avage
07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
New York with Melo next year seems about right.

Melo15
07-09-2010, 11:20 AM
It's too early to talk about this. The Hornets will have loads of cap next offseason, plus a few expirings (Peja-15m) this season. A year is a long time, and if the Hornets could make a few good moves plus have Thornton, Collison, Brackins, and Pondexter continue to develop something could be salvaged.

Exactly. The Hornets have a good amount of young talent and soon to be a lot of money off the books. They were so close a few years ago and with a healthy Chris Paul (hopefully) all year who knows what will happen. With a point guard that good your team can surprise a lot of people because he makes the players around him better everytime he steps on the floor.