PDA

View Full Version : Can the Knicks build their own Big Three?

Boston Faithful
07-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Parker, Paul and Melo are available.

The Knicks have between 5-10 million now in cap after the Golden State trade and can sign-and-trade Harrington, McGrady and the rest of their free agents.

1. Swing Chandler, Douglas and Curry for Parker
2. Trade Gallinari, Randolph, Azuibuike and a big trade exception to the Nuggets for Melo.

There's no reason to believe these teams wouldn't do these trades and if they wouldn't, the Knicks could focus on one of these players then sign the other next year in free agency.

Trade Gallinari, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas and Curry for Carmelo. There is no way the Nuggets would pass on that deal because Carmelo could easily leave next year -- for nothing. And after seeing LeBron leave, they are probably very afraid of that. Getting Gallinari, Randolph and Chandler would be huge for the Nuggets future.

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 04:27 AM
We wait until next season. Chris Paul will be a priority before Parker (free agent) after this season. So we worry about trading for him then. And hope we can sign Carmelo who has said he would love to be here. Theres no reason to rush because of the Heat

TheBay30
07-09-2010, 04:28 AM
no

Boston Faithful
07-09-2010, 04:28 AM
We wait until next season. Chris Paul will be a priority before Parker (free agent) after this season. So we worry about trading for him then. And hope we can sign Carmelo who has said he would love to be here. Theres no reason to rush because of the Heat

There's plenty of reason to rush. Amare's prime is only the next 3-4 years.

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 04:30 AM
You also have to realize the Knicks wouldnt have the minimum roster amount 5 players for 1 (which normally doesnt work in basketball anyway) your trades would leave us with

Parker/Paul
Anthony
Walker
Stoudimire

TheBay30
07-09-2010, 04:31 AM
There future big 3 : Amare,Carmello,Tony
Watch!

The Dream
07-09-2010, 04:33 AM
im sorry but lol aint happening

LakersIn5
07-09-2010, 04:33 AM
i like the sound of that. i totally forgot that they can sign and trade guys like harrington and tmac.

heres a crazy idea. sign harrington to a 20 million 1 year contract. and trade to a team concerned about the cap.. anyteam like that would take that huge 20 mil expiring contract

itsripcity32
07-09-2010, 04:34 AM
no

Allstar21
07-09-2010, 04:36 AM
i like the sound of that. i totally forgot that they can sign and trade guys like harrington and tmac.

heres a crazy idea. sign harrington to a 20 million 1 year contract. and trade to a team concerned about the cap.. anyteam like that would take that huge 20 mil expiring contract

no. this past year any team wanted the space....not next year

THE MTL
07-09-2010, 04:37 AM
The KNICKS will get their Big 3 next year!!!! Carmelo Anthony and Tony Parker!

xabial
07-09-2010, 04:41 AM
Carmelos a strong possibility.
Dunno about Parker since, they already S&T'ed David Lee for Anthony Randolph

The Raven
07-09-2010, 04:41 AM
i doubt it

Sandman
07-09-2010, 04:47 AM
no. this past year any team wanted the space....not next year

Cap space is always valuable. It may not be at the premium it was this summer, but teams are always trying to rebuild and that is the first step.

These days, with the economy in the gutter, some teams may be forced to do it to cut costs.

Bornknick73
07-09-2010, 04:47 AM
If Tony asks Pop to trade him to the Knicks he will. Pop is a honorable guy and will respect Tony's contributions to the team. And it lets him off the hook so he can start Hill. So I can see Pop taking less to let TP finish his career where he wants.

Korman12
07-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Nope

Sandman
07-09-2010, 04:50 AM
If Tony asks Pop to trade him to the Knicks he will. Pop is a honorable guy and will respect Tony's contributions to the team. And it lets him off the hook so he can start Hill. So I can see Pop taking less to let TP finish his career where he wants.

or Pop could say don't be a ***** whipped little ***** and play the last year of your contract.

THE MTL
07-09-2010, 05:00 AM
I say we sign Luke Ridnour and just save cap room and then just go after Melo cause i pretty sure he aint staying in Denver with the "Miami Thrice" over there.

SANDBURG23
07-09-2010, 06:04 AM
I thought you could get your big 3 by s&t Lee to SA for Parker. Then sign Carmelo next year. Those 3 would put you in the talk with Miami,Orlando,Boston,Chicago,Atl.

FarOutIos
07-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Don't know about the big three. But they should definitely try and get Melo this off-season. I don't think they have done enough so far to keep the fans happy.

I think Denver will be willing to trade Melo for the right price (even though they have claimed otherwise).

ImThatDude
07-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Well according to Stephen A. Smith who explained the master plan 2 nights ago, all these guys being the best of friends have already decided on joining forces years ago. Apparently Carmelo has let it be known he's gonna be a Knick and they'll create a super team of their own.

To these guys think this is like some AAU tournament where they dominate alongside playing with their best friends. Even as a Knick fan i don't wanna see it, the NBA as we know it is over.

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 06:52 AM
The Knicks need to make there own luck.

sturge
07-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Ive said it on our forum as well...is Melo is interested in coming to the Knicks there is no point trading young talent...especially our best in Gallinari when we can get him next year

I cant see anything we could offer to get Paul without offering the whole team lol

And Parker i feel should be our number 1 target...i think Currys expiring/Trade exsemption + Chandler...something like that