PDA

View Full Version : What would have happened if...

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 04:12 AM
What would have happened if all of the remaining NBA owners colluded, and agreed not to make a trade for the already traded Beasley or Chalmers, leaving them with 3 spots short of the minimum required roster with not enough money to fill them out with remaining free agents?

gbpackers12
07-09-2010, 04:15 AM
Honestly, I was thinking the same thing earlier. Just a funny thought. :laugh2:

Allstar21
07-09-2010, 04:16 AM
if they colluded they would be in big trouble and fined like crazy by David Stern

thread = fail

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 04:24 AM
How would David Stern find out they were colluding? Thats like saying, we all know Wade, Bosh, and LeBron talked about this idea before July 1st (something this complex doesnt happen in 7 days) would they be in trouble as well?

LakersIn5
07-09-2010, 04:35 AM
correct me if im wrong but they could sign players for the veterans minimum or just resign old players like qrich,arroyo,diawara,j anthony and dorrell wright or do a sign and trade for jo. why wouldnt those guys want to play with lebron wade and bosh?

Allstar21
07-09-2010, 04:39 AM
How would David Stern find out they were colluding? Thats like saying, we all know Wade, Bosh, and LeBron talked about this idea before July 1st (something this complex doesnt happen in 7 days) would they be in trouble as well?

There are no rules about players colluding...there are very serious rules about owners colluding. Just ask Mark Cuban and the huge fine he got for just mentioning that he would be interested in Lebron when he becomes a free agent (he said this prior to Lebron becoming a free agent)

And good luck getting 30 teams together and on the same page of not signing Beas without there being a single leak. :rolleyes: Cmon live in the real world plz.

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 04:52 AM
correct me if im wrong but they could sign players for the veterans minimum or just resign old players like qrich,arroyo,diawara,j anthony and dorrell wright or do a sign and trade for jo. why wouldnt those guys want to play with lebron wade and bosh?

I dont think they had any money left after signing the 3, if they hadnt traded beasley, so how could they sign even veteran minimums?

There are no rules about players colluding...there are very serious rules about owners colluding. Just ask Mark Cuban and the huge fine he got for just mentioning that he would be interested in Lebron when he becomes a free agent (he said this prior to Lebron becoming a free agent)

And good luck getting 30 teams together and on the same page of not signing Beas without there being a single leak. :rolleyes: Cmon live in the real world plz.

Again, Mark Cuban made a public statement. This thread was based on it not being public. Live in the real world? Sorry, didnt know there was a fake world. Should probably check up on that. Your a college grad, maybe you can teach me the way of learning of this "real world" you speak of. Or is proposing Delonte West to the Nuggets to the Nuggets organization your priority right now?

Allstar21
07-09-2010, 05:03 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE im from fantasy land
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I think that 30 NBA teams can all talk to each other and not a single word of it would make it to David Stern
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Every other NBA team would gladly pass on getting basically a free player (he went to timberwolves for second round pick) just to screw over Miami
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Allstar21
07-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Your a college grad, maybe you can teach me the way of learning of this "real world" you speak of.

There are some things that are just impossible to do. :facepalm:

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 05:06 AM
It was a theory, im glad you took this as a serious thread though, as if this were to have actually happened. Maturity level is not that of a 23 year old

phen0m
07-09-2010, 05:11 AM
They would just have to sign a bunch of vet min contracts. You can go over the cap as much as you want signing vet min contracts.

---------------------------------------------

Thread closed because it's a "what if".

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360844