PDA

View Full Version : How could the Heat not be heavy favorites to win the championship?

Boston Faithful
07-09-2010, 02:40 AM
I cannot believe that some people on ESPN are saying that the Heat aren't favorites to win the NBA championship.

They said that the Lakers and wow, the Magic are. Did they watch the Magic in the past two playoffs? It's Howard with no offense and a bunch of guys who can't get it done down the stretch.

The Heat just got 3 of the top 5, 6 players in the NBA.

LeBron and Wade is the best tandem since Jordan and Pippen. On top of that, they have Chris Bosh.

No one's going to beat this team. Including the Lakers. Instead of worrying about a top 3 superstar like Wade, LeBron or Kobe alone, every team is going to have to worry about BOTH LeBron and Wade dominating their team. And I'm saying this as a fan of the defending Eastern Conference Champions. The Celtics beat everybody this year except for the Lakers and the Heat will destroy the Celtics.

Role players will come, it's not a big deal. No one's going to be able to compete with the Heat.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Bosh isn't top 10. With these three guys signing they now have 5 players signed for 2010-2011. They still need ten more players! They'll have to win three in a row to be the best tandem since Jordan...

whitemamba33
07-09-2010, 02:51 AM
...those 3 guys are great...but they need a full team to win a championship. The Lakers are a much more complete team in my opinion.

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 02:52 AM
LeBron and Wade is the best tandem since Jordan and PippenEh, Kobe and Shaq.

TheBay30
Think of this ??
Who would you have
Kobe
Gasol
Steve Blake
Bynum
Fisher if re-signs
Odom
Artest
or

Lebron
wade
bosh
scrub
scrub
scrub
mike miller

haha

dnewguy
I cannot believe that some people on ESPN are saying that the Heat aren't favorites to win the NBA championship.

They said that the Lakers and wow, the Magic are. Did they watch the Magic in the past two playoffs? It's Howard with no offense and a bunch of guys who can't get it done down the stretch.

LeBron and Wade is the best tandem since Jordan and Pippen. On top of that, they have Chris Bosh.

No one's going to beat this team. Including the Lakers. Instead of worrying about a top 3 superstar like Wade, LeBron or Kobe alone, every team is going to have to worry about BOTH LeBron and Wade dominating their team. And I'm saying this as a fan of the defending Eastern Conference Champions. The Celtics beat everybody this year except for the Lakers and the Heat will destroy the Celtics.

Role players will come, it's not a big deal. No one's going to be able to compete with the Heat.

It's like a dying process, people will go from Denial to anger, then they try to begin Bargaining with their minds which leads to depression and then as fall goes into spring, it turns into acceptance for reality.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 02:54 AM
maybe it's because they have not played together yet?

dnewguy
Think of this ??
Who would you have
Kobe
Gasol
Steve Blake
Bynum
Fisher if re-signs
Odom

or

Lebron
wade
bosh
scrub
scrub
scrub
mike miller

haha

i'll take Lebron over all of those, no joke, most people would.

redwhitenblue
It's like a dying process, people will go from Denial to anger, then they try to begin Bargaining with their minds which leads to depression and then as fall goes into spring, it turns into acceptance for reality.
Well, Miami fans have to be careful. There have been trios in the past...amazing trios. They have won, but they haven't won every year. They haven't always won in the first year. Some didn't win at all.

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 02:55 AM
...those 3 guys are great...but they need a full team to win a championship. The Lakers are a much more complete team in my opinion.

Indeed. Who is going to play tough defense and rebounding in the middle. Jarvis Varnado? Joel Anthony? Don't make me laugh.

They also need a great shooter and a steady pass-first PG. Without these pieces they will not win anything.

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 02:55 AM
As a 1 on 1 vs them, sure...but he was talking about overall. It's not just "pick the best overall player and that team wins"...if that were the case, the Cavs would have a few championships.

greek miami hea
07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Pg me
sg wade
sf lebron
pf bosh
c my grandmother sounds like a contender to me

Boston Faithful
07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Think of this ??
Who would you have
Kobe
Gasol
Steve Blake
Bynum
Fisher if re-signs
Odom

or

Lebron
wade
bosh
scrub
scrub
scrub
mike miller

haha

Uh, I'd rather have the LeBron, Wade and Bosh combo.

You have to deal with two Jordan heir apparents instead of just one (Kobe) and you have one of, if not the best PF in the league. Who cares who the other players are. As you could see by the Finals, role players break under pressure. All the Celtics role players did in LA.

TheBay30
07-09-2010, 02:57 AM
i forgot artest

Impulse
07-09-2010, 03:00 AM
Think of this ??
Who would you have
Kobe
Gasol
Steve Blake
Bynum
Fisher if re-signs
Odom

or

Lebron
wade
bosh
scrub
scrub
scrub
mike miller

haha

I'll take the two best players in the league in LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and a double-double machine in Chris Bosh over the Lakers.

Outside of Odom, the Lakers' bench is awful. Decent role players are going to swarm to the Heat to play with the super big three. And really, that's all they need: decent role players who can defend their position.

Not to say the Lakers aren't dangerous because until we see the Heat team play, the Lakers should be the favorite. But honestly, I find it hypocritical to say that the Heat is going to be filled with scrubs when we don't even know what the roster is yet and the Lakers aren't good outside of their starting line up and Odom.

b_rad23
07-09-2010, 03:02 AM
It's the same thing as the big 3 denial. Soon enough crow will be served across the nation.
Lebron/mario/
Wade
Miller
Bosh/etc
Bigbody/Pittman/Anthony

and 4 more draftees plus scheyer and torrance.

and now a 5 million tpe from the Beasley trade....

Venomous88
07-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Eh, Kobe and Shaq.two players in their prime vs. one player in his prime. Shaq was clearly the dominant player

shizzle09
07-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Having to guard Lebron, Wade and Bosh and possibly Miller will be next to impossible, The heat will easily find vets that will fill the bench for the min just to have a shot at the ring/s. This team is just plain ridiculous. of course they have to play together but come on. nba2k11 anyone?

Gagan136
07-09-2010, 03:09 AM

yeah if u took lebron only u would end up with the same results the cavs had for the last 7 years.

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM

You have to deal with two Jordan heir apparents instead of just one (Kobe) and you have one of, if not the best PF in the league. Who cares who the other players are. As you could see by the Finals, role players break under pressure. All the Celtics role players did in LA.

LOL what? Game 4, they single-handily won you the game :laugh:

I'm defending the Celtics, wow. :laugh2:

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 03:11 AM
two players in their prime vs. one player in his prime. Shaq was clearly the dominant player
Umm...dominant player or not, go look at the stats. When was Kobe's prime that he supposedly wasn't in then?

That's just a ridiculous statement.

Kingz4L
07-09-2010, 03:12 AM
anyone notice Miami officially has 4 olympians on their team so far..

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 03:13 AM
anyone notice Miami officially has 4 olympians on their team so far..
Wade, James, Bosh . . . .

nanablvd
07-09-2010, 03:13 AM
It's fine for the Heat to be called the favorite to win the championship but being the favorite doesnt mean they are going to win it. Dont mess up the two different concepts. The game still has to be played and until somebody knocks the defending champ down, the Lakers still have the privilege they deserve throughout next year, which is to be called the best team in the nba.

MU and UW Fan
07-09-2010, 03:15 AM
I'll laugh when the heat don't win during year one with all these superstars on the same team.

Kingz4L
07-09-2010, 03:16 AM

Mike Miller...remember he was playing for team USA too at one point

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 03:18 AM
A healthy Boston team will simply bully them inside.

Gagan136
07-09-2010, 03:18 AM
Someone told me today that he couldnt see Miami winning more then 45 games and i new for a fact this dude had more drinks then Dan Gilbert.

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Mike Miller...remember he was playing for team USA too at one point
But he's not on the Heat.

ESPN has updated their report as has the South Dakota newspaper and radio station (where the report originated).

Marc Stein updated the report at 248am EST
Sources said that the Heat have not abandoned hope of convincing free-agent swingman Mike Miller to sign in Miami once they determine exactly what sort of first-year salaries with work for the Team USA trio.
all other stations which originally reported him 'going to the Heat' have since changed their stories to say he's in talks with the Heat and could join them. All since his agent, Arn Tellem, denied the reports.

GspLAL
07-09-2010, 03:19 AM
As a Laker fan it's hard to not worry about this team forming, I'm just hoping they don't get good role players because if they do they'll be heavy favorites.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Because 2 superstars and 1 undersized top 15 player in bosh aren't enough to do it. They are going to get killed in the paint and be forced to shoot jumpers all game. Orlando and Chicago And Boston all have an inside presence and as it stands miami doesn't. And when they start losing mabye not this year but next year the EGO's are going to come out in wade and lebron over who is running the team if you don't believe that your a fool. Lebron's own words ''i want to lead miami to a championship'' he said that during the post ''decision'' interview. Which already tells you there's going to be a power struggle in the making between him and wade because lebron want's to ''lead'' and expects everyone else to know their role and follow. And they have no bench no role players and no money to get quality players. I give it 3 years without a championship and wade or lebron demands a trade out bosh is along for the ride either way mark my words this won't end well.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 03:28 AM

When did bosh become a top 5 player? He's in the same boat almost as james is he hasn't won anything either but he's far from a top 5 player top 15 is more like it.

Kyben36
07-09-2010, 03:30 AM
Because 1) They are unproven, 2) they dont have a C 3) they have no PG, No Bench, and no room to sign anyone.

JayW_1023
As a Laker fan it's hard to not worry about this team forming, I'm just hoping they don't get good role players because if they do they'll be heavy favorites.

If they were to play now the Lakers would beat them. The Lakers made two moves that trump all the hoopla surrounding this Heat team.

1: Phil Jackson returns
2: They signed Steve Blake, a solid back-up guard who can shoot the ball and will not abort the triangle and take care of the basketball. Which automatically makes him an upgrade over Farmar. Signing Blake will help tons. One more shooter to worry about. He'll keep Fisher fresh until the playoffs start.

lamar2006

Bosh isnt the best PF nor even close top 10 yes top 5 possibly. But, I would take these PF before Bosh. Gasol, Stoudemire, Duncan, Dirk, yup. I guess Bosh is top 5. Kobe>>> Lebron. Wade better than Arters. Bynum>>>>> what ever scrub C the Heat can get. Lakers bench will destroy the heat bench. Heat have not wont **** so dont crown their assess yet. Boston is legit assuming they can stay healthy.

leftymo
On paper its a lot of flash, but not real substance.

The favorites for the championship remain the LA Lakers. They've been through the wars together and when it comes down to it, LA has the size that Miami can't match. Their big (Bosh) is still smaller and inferior to Gasol. Nevermind Andrew Bynum.

Miami now has to build a roster filled with minimums. While I don't think the bench means squat, eventually they should be decent players. Miami still needs two more bigs to be considered a title threat. I think they'll win a ton of regular season games, and be exciting to watch. But the strength of your team will come out in the playoffs.

Boston won't probably be healthy next year, with Perkins still coming back from injury, but Orlando might still be better.

LA are the two time defending champs and favorites to win the title until things are proven otherwise on the court. But I know Lebron won't win MVP!

b_rad23
07-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Calling Bosh undersized says all that needs to be said about the validity of your opinion. 6'11" and long= undersized Pf? What is average then? :laugh:

shep33
The Lakers are the 2 time repeat champions... they're the favorites.

If one of Bosh, Wade, or LBJ goes down they won't win. If Bynum is 100% along with the rest of the Lakers, why wouldn't the Lakers be favorites?

GspLAL
If they were to play now the Lakers would beat them. The Lakers made two moves that trump all the hoopla surrounding this Heat team.

1: Phil Jackson returns
2: They signed Steve Blake, a solid back-up guard who can shoot the ball and will not abort the triangle and take care of the basketball. Which automatically makes him an upgrade over Farmar. Signing Blake will help tons. One more shooter to worry about. He'll keep Fisher fresh until the playoffs start.

I know thats why I mentioned IF they get good role players then they will be scary.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Here's Bosh in a nutshell from the simmons article i posted earlier.

If one more person refers to Bosh as a "superstar," I'm going to scream. His résumé: seven seasons, 11 career playoff games, one second-team All-NBA selection, never played in a big game in his life other than the gold-medal game of the 2008 Olympics. Now he's fleeing frigid Toronto for South Beach, no state income tax, Dwyane Wade, max money and the playoffs … and this makes him a "superstar"? Did we really drop our standards that low?

Look, I need my NBA superstar to sell tickets, generate interest locally and nationally, single-handedly guarantee an average supporting cast 45-50 wins, and potentially be the best player on a Finals team if the other pieces are in place, which means only LeBron, Wade, Howard, Durant and Kobe qualify. There's a level just a shade below (the Almost-But-Not-Quite-Superstar) with Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Carmelo Anthony, Brandon Roy, Chris Paul and Deron Williams. (Note: I think Derrick Rose gets there next season.) Then you have elite guys like Bosh, Pau Gasol and Amare Stoudemire who need good teammates to help them thrive … and if they don't have them, you're heading to the lottery.

You know what we call these people? All-Stars. Although if LeBron picks Miami, we have to call Bosh something else: lucky. On a good team, he could absolutely thrive like Gasol did on the Lakers, although he's not as sure a bet because Gasol played in so many big games overseas before the Lakers stole him. (Bosh had the opposite experience: He's never played in a Sweet 16, a Game 7 or even Round 2 of the NBA playoffs.) Hearing Bosh referred to as a "superstar" these past few weeks left me with the same face Jake had on Monday's "Bachelor" special when Vienna wouldn't shut up and kept undermining and emasculating him. If Chris Bosh is your third-best player, you're in tremendous shape. Just don't think you can win a title with a 228-pound big man who doesn't block shots and grabs 10 rebounds a night. You need more help than that. Which brings us to …

b_rad23
07-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Bosh isnt the best PF nor even close top 10 yes top 5 possibly. But, I would take these PF before Bosh. Gasol, Stoudemire, Duncan, Dirk, yup. I guess Bosh is top 5. Kobe>>> Lebron. Wade better than Arters. Bynum>>>>> what ever scrub C the Heat can get. Lakers bench will destroy the heat bench. Heat have not wont **** so dont crown their assess yet. Boston is legit assuming they can stay healthy.

lol.

justinnum1
07-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Think of this ??
Who would you have
Kobe
Gasol
Steve Blake
Bynum
Fisher if re-signs
Odom
Artest
or

Lebron
wade
bosh
scrub
scrub
scrub
mike miller

haha
:eyebrow: Are you serious? wade/bosh/lbj>>>kobe/gasol/odom/artest.

Your not going to double any of our guys?

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Lebron and Wade are going to fight for control of the team and Bosh from his lack of experience is going to choke it up on the first real pressure stage he's ever been on. These guys couldn't beat the knicks 3 on 5 if they had to right now and the knicks are horrible.

justinnum1
07-09-2010, 03:40 AM
Lebron and Wade are going to fight for control of the team and Bosh from his lack of experience is going to choke it up on the first real pressure stage he's ever been on. These guys couldn't beat the knicks 3 on 5 if they had to right now and the knicks are horrible.

:facepalm:

leftymo
07-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Because 1) They are unproven, 2) they dont have a C 3) they have no PG, No Bench, and no room to sign anyone.

Agree completely. It'll take at least a year.

They also don't have a proven coach.

Bosh has about as much playoff experience as I do...

They will really need a lot of players willing to play for 1 million to fill out their roster now.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Because 2 superstars and 1 undersized top 15 player in bosh aren't enough to do it. They are going to get killed in the paint and be forced to shoot jumpers all game. Orlando and Chicago And Boston all have an inside presence and as it stands miami doesn't. And when they start losing mabye not this year but next year the EGO's are going to come out in wade and lebron over who is running the team if you don't believe that your a fool. Lebron's own words ''i want to lead miami to a championship'' he said that during the post ''decision'' interview. Which already tells you there's going to be a power struggle in the making between him and wade because lebron want's to ''lead'' and expects everyone else to know their role and follow. And they have no bench no role players and no money to get quality players. I give it 3 years without a championship and wade or lebron demands a trade out bosh is along for the ride either way mark my words this won't end well.

The team that turns James and Wade into jump shooters, packs the paint, owns the offensive blocks and boards will beat this Heat team. This has been what The Celtics have done since the Big-Three era, and it has worked against every single team except the Lakers, who had size, and a twin-tower effect, making all those things almost impossible to do.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 03:42 AM
:facepalm:

So your telling me that lebron,wade,bosh could take the knicks starting 5 in a 5 on 3? You are a delusional heat fan who has been out in the heat too long if you truly believe that.

PHX2daDEATH
If they want to win this year..hope these guys take less money to win.. ..
I bolded who they should get

Eddie House
Roger Mason
Fabricio Oberto
Mike Miller
Matt Barnes
Udonis Haslem
Kyle Lowry
Raymond Felton
Tim Thomas
Joe Smith
Luke Ridnour
Jerry Stackhouse
Kurt Thomas
Derek Fisher
Tracy McGrady
Kyle Korver
Allen Iverson
Joe Alexander
Louis Amundson
Richard Jefferson
Shaun Livingston
Craig Smith
Brad Miller
Michael Finley

PG Chalmers/Ridnour/Livingston
SG Wade/Miller
SF James/Barnes
PF Bosh/Amundson
C Miller/Haslem

MVPKOBE43
lol

mynameismo
07-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Because they haven't even WON-A-SINGLE-GAME-YET.

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 03:45 AM
Bosh is no Garnett, especially defensively. So this won't be like the Celtics when they got their big three. And even they had Kendrick Perkins to man up the post.

MVPKOBE43
07-09-2010, 03:47 AM

Do you watch the same games we all do. Tell me smart guy, WHos gonna gaurd the PAINT you idiot. the heat are no smarter than you. The celtics have Jermaine Oneal, Perkins, Sheed, And Fat baby. The heat are dumb, They got balls but everyone know what happens when u get kicked in the nuts. And if wade or bosh gets hurt (Like they usually do) itll quickly become the Big 1 all over again. What a Joke. MUUUUHAHAHAHUAHAHAHUAHAuaAHHUAHAHA

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 03:47 AM
The team that turns James and Wade into jump shooters, packs the paint, owns the offensive blocks and boards will beat this Heat team. This has been what The Celtics have done since the Big-Three era, and it has worked against every single team except the Lakers, who had size, and a twin-tower effect, making all those things almost impossible to do.

Teams like LA,Houston,Orlando,Boston,San Antonio,Chicago teams with a strong inside presence and a good PG are going to beat this team. You can't just sign scrubs to hang out around the rim without any help in the paint this team is going to struggle in the playoffs.

leftymo
07-09-2010, 03:48 AM

who?

Kobe & Artest can play D. Gasol won't need help.

Who guards Andrew Bynum?

Championships require a post game... Not sure how good Lebron or Wade's post game is, but I feel pretty safe with Gasol on Bosh.

And against a flash team like the Heat, I love Odom in that matchup as well.

I don't like Odom against physical punishing teams that play defense like the C's. But against Miami? Not a problem.

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 03:49 AM
It'll be interesting if these three guys will buy into a defensive scheme...I just don't see them becoming a dominant defensive team like Boston.

shep33
07-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Because Rondo and the Celts, and Kobe and the Lakers say so.

I recall the Celtics defeating Wade and LBJ last year... Bosh won't be a factor against the Celts big guys. Wade or LBJ will have to guard Rondo, someone has to guard Pierce, and someone has to chase Ray around all those screens.

As for the lakers, well repeat champions don't have to say anything, their jewelry speaks for itself.

ragee
07-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Having to guard Lebron, Wade and Bosh and possibly Miller will be next to impossible, The heat will easily find vets that will fill the bench for the min just to have a shot at the ring/s. This team is just plain ridiculous. of course they have to play together but come on. nba2k11 anyone?

In reality, there is still a way... In 2K11, forget it!!! Guarding Lebron is hard enough already! Hahhaa

leftymo
07-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Bosh is no Garnett, especially defensively. So this won't be like the Celtics when they got their big three. And even they had Kendrick Perkins to man up the post.

good point. the merging of the three celtics brought an interesting combo. They had their #1 go to guy in Paul Pierce. Miami has that as well with Wade.

But Allen from the outside was their shooter. Lebron isn't exactly the shooter from the outside. And then KG in the post. Bosh likes to face the basket more than play back to the basket. The uncanny ability for Lebron & Wade to get to the paint will open things up for Bosh, but defensively the Heat are in serious trouble unless they get bigger and stronger in the paint.

It'll take at least a year. So LA can repeat, and then we'll see what we have.

I do love how all the bigs from the west are fleeing! They want nothing to do with LA's presence on the inside.

robdizzle3
They're not favorites, because the Lakers are still the Kings, until they're dethroned. The Lakers have a team right now and are coming off back to back championships. Why wouldnt they be favorites?

The Raven
Until the Lakers are beat, they are still the favorites

blystr2002
07-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Most the analysts agreed they are favorites in the East,but even Steven A Smith who is annoying as hell, but knows his stuff said that the Lakers are the favorite for it all though. Gasol is better then bosh and Kobe is better then Wade. Then you have Artest guarding Lebron. Obviously he won't completely shut him down, but it helps. You still have Bynum in the middle against a nobody. It is like when they played the Jazz and they couldn't stop him because they had a nobody covering him and he is too big. Then Odom of the bench when he is fresh and the Lakers have a proven big game point guard. It won't be a sweep or anything, but they just aren't complete yet. This isn't street ball or a video game you need a team.

jackdawson
07-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Eh, Kobe and Shaq.

Really? I thought Rose and Noah :confused:

apocalypse15
07-09-2010, 04:00 AM
No disrespect to their game but aside from Wade, I think Bosh and James are selfish. Hard to argue Lebron isn't after having a one hour special on ESPN to decide where he was going. It is also possible it was all media and David Stern asking him to be above and beyond every other player in the NBA??? Bosh, before signing talked about how he wanted to be the #1 on a team. Wade stayed put. It might have been easier because the Heat added Bron and Bosh but from day 1 he stated he wanted to stay in Miami. LBJ although I think is selfish, I could tell he was torn to leave home, but who can blame him. Even without Bosh in Miami it would be hard to turn down to play with one of the most hard working players in the NBA in Wade. That is also why this Miami team is Wade's team. Lebron also could have tried to lure them into Ohio. Cavs wouldn't have been able to offer max contracts but with all three together and the amount of endorsement money would easily exceed a max contract. You could go on for days as people will analyzing this outcome and " Decision ". One thing is certain next season. The Celtics will be the under dogs. Which doesn't bother me non. 5 more pts in game 7 and we're champs. Yet we had no chance against neither of the last 3 teams we faced.

Jenceman
07-09-2010, 04:03 AM

The thing is, the Lakers are probably the one team that won't have to double that trio. Artest checks Lebron, Kobe checks Wade, and Gasol/Bynum/Odom checks Bosh. The Lakers have an obvious defensive advantage. Double teaming would be at a minimum, and would probably just come from Bynum since the Heat would have a scrub center.

Iron24th
07-09-2010, 04:03 AM
OK so let's give them the trophy already,it should be won on the court,and right now nothing proves they can beat the two times defending champs on a 7 games series,Wade is the only proven winner,LBJ and Bosh are just proven losers actually.

apocalypse15
07-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Most the analysts agreed they are favorites in the East,but even Steven A Smith who is annoying as hell, but knows his stuff said that the Lakers are the favorite for it all though. Gasol is better then bosh and Kobe is better then Wade. Then you have Artest guarding Lebron. Obviously he won't completely shut him down, but it helps. You still have Bynum in the middle against a nobody. It is like when they played the Jazz and they couldn't stop him because they had a nobody covering him and he is too big. Then Odom of the bench when he is fresh and the Lakers have a proven big game point guard. It won't be a sweep or anything, but they just aren't complete yet. This isn't street ball or a video game you need a team.

No Celtic love? We lost by 4 and all of a sudden we aren't contenders? I guess we will have to wait and see.

blystr2002
07-09-2010, 04:07 AM
The real question is who is gonna check Gasol. He has proven the last 2 years and when he dominated the finals that he is the best PF in the league(Sorry Duncan your great but have gotten old). Bosh will have trouble on defense and offense.

blystr2002
07-09-2010, 04:09 AM
The Celtics are I was just repeating what the analysts said. Plus Garnett and Ray Allen are getting real old. Look at Allens shooting slump in the finals. I don't think they can through. If they have fresh legs and play the Heat in an earlier round I would say they can beat them.

MacFitz92
07-09-2010, 04:12 AM
I'll take the two best players in the league in LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and a double-double machine in Chris Bosh over the Lakers.

Outside of Odom, the Lakers' bench is awful. Decent role players are going to swarm to the Heat to play with the super big three. And really, that's all they need: decent role players who can defend their position.

Not to say the Lakers aren't dangerous because until we see the Heat team play, the Lakers should be the favorite. But honestly, I find it hypocritical to say that the Heat is going to be filled with scrubs when we don't even know what the roster is yet and the Lakers aren't good outside of their starting line up and Odom.

Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league, and this team hasn't proved jack. They don't have a PG or C, and Chris Bosh is arguably the most overrated player in the NBA.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Well I'm out i guess. What a night lol. I'll end it with a full congratulations to the Heat for not only resigning wade, but signing wade and lebron in a matter of 2 days . That's pretty insane. And i honestly can not wait for the Lakers vs Heat, at least....i hope the heat make it there . But anyway, Pat Riley, great job

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 04:13 AM
OK so let's give them the trophy already,it should be won on the court,and right now nothing proves they can beat the two times defending champs on a 7 games series,Wade is the only proven winner,LBJ and Bosh are just proven losers actually.

This ^^^^^^ proven LOSERS who in bosh hasn't EVER played in a big game and lebron CHOKED in the clutch. Lebron couldn't win it in the finals and back to back 60 win seasons he couldn't get it done. So there is NO comparison to MJ or Kobe the trio in miami is nothing more than a boy band hanging on each others nuts. When the time comes and it's coming real soon to prove themselves wade is still going to have to carry this team like he's done and he's older than the 2 and does have injury concerns. Im not saying they won't be a good team but i don't see them winning 3 championships in 5 years together i just don't see it. There is too much money tied up in those 3 to provide sufficent players around them to get it done defensivley they are at a disadvantage and they aren't going to be able to outscore the teams with big men in the paint it's just not going to happen unless the NBA really is rigged. Im sure stern will find a way to help miami get into the finals a couple times but at the end of the day the games still have to be played and the season is long and injuries will occur all it takes is one of the big 3 to tear an ACL and the reserves aren't going to be able to be enough to help them win it all.

knickfan33
07-09-2010, 04:14 AM

A) theres only 4 players on the team.
B) there entire bench and one starter will be players from the D leauge
C) neither lebron or wade are that good outside shooters, however both like to run the offence, how does that work.
D) lebron is a quitter, and a *****.
E) Wade is **** unless he gets to the free throw line.

TEXASTITAN
07-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Lebron is going into wades team and said in the interview tonight ''im going to lead miami'' that told me all i needed to know right there. I mean if he was truly going to be a team player then he wouldn't have needed to have a 1 man stage to tell the world his decision he would have done it when bosh and wade committed. Selfish underachieving guy 100%.

rushh
07-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Lebron is going into wades team and said in the interview tonight ''im going to lead miami'' that told me all i needed to know right there. I mean if he was truly going to be a team player then he wouldn't have needed to have a 1 man stage to tell the world his decision he would have done it when bosh and wade committed. Selfish underachieving guy 100%.

^^^this

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 04:37 AM
The real question is who is gonna check Gasol. He has proven the last 2 years and when he dominated the finals that he is the best PF in the league(Sorry Duncan your great but have gotten old). Bosh will have trouble on defense and offense.

And still, just watch and see him lead the Spurs to the postseason once again. Duncan may be slowing, but he is still better than most bigs in the NBA at age 34. And he is still a franchise player. Gasol has had championship level around him the past two years. Duncan has carried the Spurs his entire career.

blystr2002
07-09-2010, 04:54 AM
And still, just watch and see him lead the Spurs to the postseason once again. Duncan may be slowing, but he is still better than most bigs in the NBA at age 34. And he is still a franchise player. Gasol has had championship level around him the past two years. Duncan has carried the Spurs his entire career.

The question isn't who is the better all time player(Duncan is hands down), but who is better right now and Gasol is. If you wanted one on your team this upcoming season it would it would be Gasol or you are lying. Plus Robinson then Parker and Ginobili. are talented, so that takes away half your point.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 05:11 AM

He's not doubting Duncans accomplishments, he's the best PF ever. But right now, and for next season, Pau has the slight edge.

Jerseyball
07-09-2010, 05:13 AM
LeBron James fooled me . I thought he was a gym rat and steadfast Cavalier player . Really thought the State of Ohio and the City of Akron did all they could do to keep LeBron James with the Cavaliers . The King said , " It wasn't enough and took off for Miami , FL " . A sad day .

http://www.canada-jerseys.com/NBA-Jerseys/Miami-Heat/

robdizzle3
07-09-2010, 05:17 AM

Wow, I didnt hear him say that. That's Wade's team. Wade has put in work in Miami and brought them a ring, which in the Finals, he single handedly won it for them. So why would Wade take a backseat to Lebron, who hasnt won one? What's gonna happen when its time to close the game? Wade should get it, but Lebron will want it and Bosh wouldnt mind getting it. That may be a problem this year. I say this year, because next year it's probably gonna be fixed and after LA gets the title, they will want it badly.

LakeShowRaider
07-09-2010, 05:22 AM
I like how you mention role players like they just aren't that important. You say you're a Boston fan. How the hell do you not know the value of a TEAM aside from the stars??

ARMIN12NBA
07-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Chemistry, fluidity, and belief in the system are the most integral and unappreciated aspects of the game of basketball. All three of these are huge question marks with this Heat team.

The Lakers are Back to Back NBA Champions who have made 3 straight Finals with essentially the same core. This Lakers team has chemistry. They play together and have a mindset of what they are going to do in any given situation presented to them. This Lakers team has fluidity. The goals and mindset are very fluid and in tune as there is peace of mind in what each player needs to accomplish for the team to achieve success. This Lakers team has belief in the system. As Jackson has said, Bryant is brilliant at finding his scores within the Triple Post Offense system and knows how to maximize his teammates efficiency. The team has belief in the offensive system and their defensive system and there is no questions as to who will dominate the ball down the stretch and which reactions need to occur to the opposing team's defensive stance.

LakersIn5
07-09-2010, 05:46 AM
thats what people said about the celtics before the start of 08

3 stars with noone. yet they still won. people laughed when a guy named rondo and perkins started for the celtics. but now rondo is maybe a star. rondo and perkins where nothing before the big 3. the heat can put anyone with the big 3 and still be that good

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Once the second team comes in, teams will go on runs against them. Owners are now going to overpay for roll players so the Heat will be left with nothing. Plus they will get everyones best shot. Forget it

SouljahPhil...
07-09-2010, 06:25 AM
As of know I'll pick the C's over the heat...They also added another decent player in JO...

ZHawk1123
07-09-2010, 06:31 AM
PG: Mario Chalmers
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Lebron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Any vet who can rebound
Sixth man: Mike Miller (maybe)
Bench: Dexter Pittman
Bench: Jarvis Varnardo
Bench: Desean Butler

Not a terrible rebuilding of a franchise so far haha.

Sportfan
07-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Lebron and Wade both need the ball in our hand

BigTimeLakerFan
07-09-2010, 06:39 AM
The Lakers will and should be favorites because they are the defending champs!!! Back to back I should add...they havent even played 1 game together and there is no team surrounding them yet...the champs should be favorites hands down but with a close #2 which is the heat

Vikes_Fan04
07-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Yes, Lakers should still be the favored because they are defending champs. I can't believe I'm saying this but I still really think the Celtics are still the team to beat in the East. Sure they were the 4th seed this playoffs, but come playoff time this team is ready to play. I for one would be lying if I didn't tell you that I was shitttting bricks that game 7. Celtics are tough and I don't know how Chris Bosh is gonna feel when he gets beat up by KG and Perkins.

As for the Lakers it really is looking like Bynum will be the X-factor. Hopefully he can stay healthy. BTW the off-season is NOT over. We need to see the final rosters when season starts.

mlisica19
07-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Anything short of a championship this year for Miami will be utter failure for Miami. Which I believe they will lose in the playoffs, whether it be 1st rnd or the final.

Its ignorant to say that having the best players you are championshop bound. A great team goes beyond having 2/3 best players. In basketball it goes even beyond having the best starters.

I say Lakers win the ring again... 3 peat for Kobe. And if Heat manage to get by Magic ( very possible, except that howard can dominant bosh and pietrus has been known to shut down LbJ) and get by Celtics (which is also but not as much possible with Doc Rivers coach and there fearsome FOUR) they will most likely end up going against the Lakers.

First off, the lakers bench destroys miamis now. I can only imagine when they have to clear some cap and prob give up beasley. Also Phil Jackson as Lakers coach does not compare to any coach Miami has or can get. Phil knows his players inside and out. Where's miamis chemistry?

Everyone says fear the big three! I say fear LA as a whole.

Kobe has been known to stop LJ before on several occasions, Artest can guard him as well.
Wade can be stopped by Kobe, Artest, and Fisher can match up against him.
Bosh will be dominated against the big three of Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

So in any case if LA best 3 can't beat Miami best 3 just remember that LA whole team can.

This is even a laker team that has not picked up anyone thus far, iwhat if they decide to make some changes?

I trust the experienced team to beat the top dogs anyday

GspLAL
07-09-2010, 07:01 AM
thats what people said about the celtics before the start of 08

3 stars with noone. yet they still won. people laughed when a guy named rondo and perkins started for the celtics. but now rondo is maybe a star. rondo and perkins where nothing before the big 3. the heat can put anyone with the big 3 and still be that good

Boston had a great bench in 08. Eddie House, Posey, Powe, PJ Brown all played important roles to win.

Run&Gun
07-09-2010, 07:20 AM
The biggest problem that could happen with this team is that one of them gets hurt, then it's all over.

Another problem is that unlike the Celtics with what they did, Miami doesn't have any draft picks that are diamonds in the rough. But to address the PG issue, isn't Mario Chalmers still under contract? If he is he's not a bad PG plays defense shoots threes what else do you need with the other 3?

Another loophole that I just thought of is what if Wade decided to resign later? What I mean is you can go over the salary cap if you sign other players first, so if he is the last one to resign, won't the heat be able to use more money on other free agents and just have wade resign last so they can go over the salary cap with no problems?

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 07:20 AM
The question isn't who is the better all time player(Duncan is hands down), but who is better right now and Gasol is. If you wanted one on your team this upcoming season it would it would be Gasol or you are lying. Plus Robinson then Parker and Ginobili. are talented, so that takes away half your point.

Factor in defensive presence inside, and I would still pick Duncan over Gasol. Gasol is a better offensive player...but Duncan still has greater impact defensively.

Still Gasol is slightly better now...but nonethless what Duncan brings to the team is still more valuable to me. I doubt Gasol would've beaten the Mavs as convincingly last year as focal point.

MickeyMgl
07-09-2010, 07:26 AM
The NBA doesn't play 3-on-3.

Bryant > Wade.

Gasol > Bosh.

Bynum+Odom+Artest > James.

The Heat are a contender, and COULD beat the Lakers, but they shouldn't be considered favorites to do so.

MickeyMgl
07-09-2010, 07:30 AM

Then you misunderstood the question. Which unit, not which player.

dwadefan03
07-09-2010, 07:35 AM
im pretty sure everyone realizes that we have to sign more players, thats not going to be that difficult. People will literally FLOCK to miami chasing a ring. Mike Miller just took less money to sign with us and he is the first of many...book it

Assman22
Before signing Mike Miller AND assuming they trade Beasley to some sucker, they have roughly $10 mil to sign 8 more players. If one of the big three gets hurt, they're toast. Bosh and Wade both have had their fair share of injuries over the years btw. LBJ made a horrible decision and should've went with the Bulls.

Wizard of O's
The Heat have no PG, C and have no bench.

No way can they match up with Kobe, Gasol and Bynum in LA, The Magic, Celtics or Brooks, Martin and Yao in Houston.

Lebron should have gone to Chicago. By far the smartest decision.

D1JM
07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Kobe saved their ***** in the final game vs Spain.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
2 reasons why they should NOT be favorites
1- we have no clue how they will mesh for 100 games. None. The Olympics are not a proper indication of how these three will play together for an entire season
2- they have 9 roster spots to fill out with nothing to offer but minimums. With the lockout looming, a lot of vets will be looking for their last decent deals, and there may be a reluctance to accept minimums if they can get more money elsewhere

I don't think the Heat can be shut out of winning a ring over the next 5 years, I actually think they will win 2-3, but they are not going to be favorites right away until they prove they can mesh.

One last thing. How does this team respond to a major injury to either LeBron or Wade? They will have minimal to no depth.

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Think of this ??
Who would you have
Kobe
Gasol
Steve Blake
Bynum
Fisher if re-signs
Odom
Artest
or

Lebron
wade
bosh
scrub
scrub
scrub
mike miller

haha

Lets see....should i pick the champions with the greatest coach in basketball history or bunch of failures who needed to get together to TRY to win one.... hmmmmmmmm

effen5
07-09-2010, 09:04 AM
btw I need to upgrade to Pro today!

DanielC
07-09-2010, 09:05 AM
bosh isnt a top 10 player

Kobe2324
07-09-2010, 09:26 AM
They cant beat the Lakers with this team, if we sign bell, fisher and a vet big man we would destroy them downlow and have 3 amazing defenders to throw at wade and Lebron. I like our chances. Our bigs could stop bosh and our top 3 defenders could atleast take out wade or Lebron leaving only one scorer. The Heat im sure will do great in the east but I think celtics are right there with them and Orlando as well.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I dont think you guys understand the mismatch lebron is about to create and the type of stats he might put up this year.

With lebron at pg and miller at sf, something huge is going to happen down here. The pg of the other team will have to guard someone. If the pg guards lebron he will be destroyed and if they pg guards mike miller that is even more room for him to shoot and better looks. either way we have a big advantage with lebron playing pg because of how versatile he is.

FACarey1981
07-09-2010, 10:13 AM
"U Mad???" Mad at what? Coming from a Lakers fan, I don't think anyone has anything to be mad about concerning the Miami Heat. A franchise with one title. Complete the season first, then ask yourself that question.

DCsports
07-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Think of this ??
Who would you have
Kobe
Gasol
Steve Blake
Bynum
Fisher if re-signs
Odom
Artest
or

Lebron
wade
bosh
scrub
scrub
scrub
mike miller

haha

Lebron already took a team full of scrubs to the finals. Imagine what he would do with wade and bosh.

MickeyMgl
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I dont think you guys understand the mismatch lebron is about to create and the type of stats he might put up this year.

With lebron at pg and miller at sf, something huge is going to happen down here. The pg of the other team will have to guard someone. If the pg guards lebron he will be destroyed and if they pg guards mike miller that is even more room for him to shoot and better looks. either way we have a big advantage with lebron playing pg because of how versatile he is.

The Lakers have the personnel to handle that. Their top five players:

Bryant...... 6'6"
Artest...... 6'7"
Odom...... 6'10"
Gasol....... 7'0"
Bynum..... 7'0"

The question is who matches up with the Lakers' bigs? Bosh?

MickeyMgl
07-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Lebron already took a team full of scrubs to the finals. Imagine what he would do with wade and bosh.

That worked out well, didn't it.

Catfish1314
07-09-2010, 02:08 PM
They have no depth and no money left to get one. The Celtics had the MLE and other Exceptions to spend because they were already over the cap when they acquired Garnett and Allen. The Heat were under the cap to begin with so they don't have those Exceptions.

Avenged
07-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Seems like the OP has already given up on his team.

kriviant
07-09-2010, 02:15 PM

It didn't. But he didn't have Wade and Bosh with him back then. :cool:

Gibby23
07-09-2010, 02:15 PM

But that guy is on thee Lakers.

Ethix11
07-09-2010, 02:21 PM
OP got balls

bogdanrom
07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
First of all nothing is impossible. Stopping Lebron, Wade, and Bosh can easier than you think. They will face a LOT of zone defense forcing Lebron, and Wade to shoot from the outside a lot. To me signing Mike Miller was very crucial to their chances. He brings a deadly outside presence. Also everything is good now. We will see how they act once they lose.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
the lakers are still clearly better

REALLYYYYY?
07-09-2010, 02:47 PM

bosh, wade, and lebron will each be less dominant when playing together instead of being the leaders of separate teams.

DCsports
07-09-2010, 02:54 PM

which is why i said imagine what he will do with with wade and bosh

xbrackattackx
07-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Because they have 4 players,They don't know if they will gel and have good chemistry.

Human FlameShld
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Pg me
sg wade
sf lebron
pf bosh
c my grandmother sounds like a contender to me

Why does she do a Kobe imitation?

MickeyMgl
07-09-2010, 05:49 PM
It didn't. But he didn't have Wade and Bosh with him back then. :cool:

And he wasn't playing a championship squad going after a threepeat.

ATX
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh on the same team? Gee, I wonder how they are considered title contenders? :facepalm:

ATX
07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Sure all Miami has now is Chalmers, Miller, Bosh, Wade, James...but the rest of the team is TBD. Besides, it's a process. It's the start of a dynasty. These players will be in Miami for 5-6 years together. Miami just landed the top three FA's in the NBA and 2 of the top 3 players in the game, and yes Chris Bosh is a top 15 player. That was the first step. Next year Miami will have the MLE in which to grab a good PG or C, or whatever. THE BIG 3 will make players around them better, no doubt.

dtmagnet
07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Fill it out with D-Leaguers and they're still the favorites.

b0nk
07-09-2010, 06:05 PM
it'll be hilarious if they don't win it all

ATX
07-09-2010, 06:07 PM
It's okay to be scared. Just please don't cry.

Jenceman
07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Damn, and the Heat bandwagon reveals itself :laugh2:

Da Knicks
07-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Gasol being the best man in the game is the only hope for the Lakers to much bron and wade for the whole league.:(

97NYer
07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Blake/Fisher > Chalmers
Kobe>Wade
Artest<<<LeBron
Gasol=Bosh (Feel free to disagree)
Bynum>>Scrub

Odom>Miller

Can't believe I'm saying this.....LET'S GO LAKERS!

heattiltheend94
07-09-2010, 06:28 PM
They're about to get Miller, and might get Haslem again if can pull of sign and trade. Best team in the league!!

NeutralFan
07-09-2010, 06:33 PM

yeah people are way overrating Bosh. He was a good player on an average Raptors team so he put up numbers.

Kobe > Wade
Gasol > Bosh
Lebron > Bynum

But Bynum if he can stay healthy can definitely become an elite center this season. The Lakers can play toe to toe with the new Heat.

borat
07-09-2010, 06:35 PM
As a laker fan i hope they are. I hope everyone pushes them to the top. The media coverage is going to be all on them. And while this is happening the defending champs will be there. Trying to 3peat with a coach that is going to be coaching for the last time. With talk that they cannot beat the heat. Which is going to happen once the heat start dominating in the regular season. But when the playoffs start we will see what this heat team is made of. We will see how Bosh plays with the spotlight on him. We will see who takes the shot in a close playoff game. We will see if they can handle the physical nature of the playoffs as a team. Heat heat heat heat.

The Lakers wil be in the shadows more motivated than ever to prove everyone wrong once again. The same thing they did this year when the cavs were the favorite to win it all mid season. The cavs, the cavs. Remember them? The team that most experts picked at mid season and before the playoffs began to represent the east and most likely to win it all. The team vegas made the favorites?

Can't wait for the season.

YoungOne
07-09-2010, 06:46 PM
the celtics won it with an old big three so if they get a good defensive center and some bench guys they are easily the favorites...

redzone11
07-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Because you need a good bench to win a championship, and Miami has no bench, they won't even be able to be considered to have a bad bench. They won't win this year, but years to come, the NBA is ****ed.

The Flash
07-09-2010, 06:57 PM
:) I guess the answer will be on the court pretty soon.All you Heat haters save you energy for the future I can't believe we're arguing all this...And to sum it all up:

ARE YOU MAD ????

RCarlson85
07-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Think of this ??
Who would you have
Kobe
Gasol
Steve Blake
Bynum
Fisher if re-signs
Odom
Artest
or

Lebron
wade
bosh
scrub
scrub
scrub
mike miller

haha

First of all, Blake and Fisher are scrubs, they don't make your case better. We will sign players like that for a cheaper price than the Lakers paid for Blake. Next, Bynum is always injured so you can't count on him. Artest is as streaky as anyone in the NBA and he's a ticking time bomb. So that leaves you with Kobe, Gasol, and Odom. I would take Wade, Lebron, and Bosh over the lakers team any day. You can just admit that you're scared and there is no way the Kobe wins anymore championships.

kid#8™
07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
wow!!already coming up with a conclusion when we haven't see them play...and besides you cannot compare them to Pippen and MJ, this two guys compliments each others game...D'wade and Leprincess is a superstar on their own respective team..who will step down as a role player?...even the big three in Boston have someone to step down and be a role player...who's it gonna be?.. are we sure Leprincess will take the role as a role player, how do you think he can be a big market if he do that?...and D'wade's gonna take the role?...as we all know It's his team and he already brought the championship in miami...I'm sure Bosh will...but I don't really think this two could do it..I'm pretty sure that boston will knock them out in playoff..lol..if not the lakers will...lmao!!!!

RCarlson85
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
yeah people are way overrating Bosh. He was a good player on an average Raptors team so he put up numbers.

Kobe > Wade
Gasol > Bosh
Lebron > Bynum

But Bynum if he can stay healthy can definitely become an elite center this season. The Lakers can play toe to toe with the new Heat.

Bynum staying healthy is a big if. So far he has never shown that he can so what reason is there to believe that he ever play a full season? Next, I agree that Gasol is better than Bosh. I don't know how many people would think anything different. However, Kobe is no longer better than Wade. Kobe has started to show some signs of age. He may only be 31, but has played 14 seasons now. Wade is at least equal to Kobe if not better.

DCB/LAL
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Its call advantages and the Lakers STILL have the advantage that got them the RING this year and that is height advantage that Lebron,Wade and even Bosh cant stop.

Its not like their all gonna average the same numbers Boston's big 3 had to sacrifice.....only one guy can take the shot and only will be able to take over down the stretch while yes their 3 great players LA holds the advantage in the paint and Bynum is the most important piece and biggest advantage.

Miami probably wont win as long as Kobe is playing sorry folks.

RaiderLakersA's
07-09-2010, 07:43 PM

While I thnk it's wrong to make comparisons based on last year, I would point out that the Lakers won a championship with an injured Bryant and Bynum. If any of the Celtics starters were as banged up at the BEGINNING of the Finals as were Kobe and Bynum, the Celtics would have been swept in 4. It wouldn't have been close.

Projecting a healthy Lakers squad against the Heat, I like our chances.

No matter how good Wade and LeBron are, last I checked, they missed shots, too. They also had players score on them. A healthy Kobe is more than a match for either LeBron or Wade. A healthy Artest is the perfect defender to mitigate a LeBron or Wade.

I didn't mention Bosh, because I think Pau is flat out better than him on any day of the week. Bosh doesn't even have a clue of what playoff pressure feels like. And before you say that superstars don't succumb to that sort of thing, go back and watch LeBron against the C's just last year. A mystery elbow injury that still hasn't been truly diagnosed and didn't come up in any of the physical evaluations when he became a Heat? Was it truly an injury, or did the Celtics simply punk LeBron and he wilted under the pressure?

At the end of the day, all we can do is wait until this time next year before any of us knows who the champion will be. Don't be disappointed if it's not the Heat.

heimdog8
07-09-2010, 07:44 PM

You can only be a michael jordan if you have the ball in your hands. michael never played off the ball and let someone else facilitate him. he did everything for his team. He didn't have to sacrifice any of his game for someone else. Same with Kobe. Lebron and Wade are gonna have to sacrifice many aspects of there game in order to work together which will make them not as good as if they were alone.

And Chris Bosh is no where close to being the best power forward in the league. He is 220 pounds as a big man. The lakers point guards weigh more than him. Tim Duncan, Dirk, Gasol, Amare, all better than him. He is about as good as garnett is right now playing with bad knees. Except i would say garnett plays way better defense. Unless miami gets some size down low...the celtics big men and bynum and gasol will destroy them

80849er
07-09-2010, 07:55 PM
On paper they are good/great what ever you want to call it! Last time I checked paper wins S%$T! Plain and simple! Until you beat some of the big doggs in the east (Boston, Orlando, etc.) then we got something; Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are your typical YOUNG GENERATION cats who needs to"team-up" with eachother to win championships; MAN-UP and do that S%$T on your own with "help" wanting to play for you! We all can admit this is a cheap way to win championships, MAN-UP...

robdizzle3
07-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Its just so funny how cocky these Heat fans have gotten in a span of hours. They're talking wreckless and disclaiming what everybody has to say about LA or anybody else that can match up with them. The game is played on the court and not on paper.

robdizzle3
07-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Bynum staying healthy is a big if. So far he has never shown that he can so what reason is there to believe that he ever play a full season? Next, I agree that Gasol is better than Bosh. I don't know how many people would think anything different. However, Kobe is no longer better than Wade. Kobe has started to show some signs of age. He may only be 31, but has played 14 seasons now. Wade is at least equal to Kobe if not better.

Yeah, he showed signs of age, because he was still hurt and he along with Pau arent playing in the World Championships, so they can heal up. I like how everybody discounts Kobe every year, despite what he's done in the playoffs every year. Somebody is always better than Kobe, until he goes off in the playoffs. Its funny how fast people forget.

Gambeezy
07-09-2010, 08:06 PM
The 3 are too good to not produce wins. I'm excited to see the Eastern Playoffs this season. The Heat have to at least be projected as a top 4 team in the East even before they fill the rest of their roster.

MickeyMgl
07-10-2010, 08:13 AM
First of all, Blake and Fisher are scrubs, they don't make your case better. We will sign players like that for a cheaper price than the Lakers paid for Blake. Next, Bynum is always injured so you can't count on him. Artest is as streaky as anyone in the NBA and he's a ticking time bomb. So that leaves you with Kobe, Gasol, and Odom. I would take Wade, Lebron, and Bosh over the lakers team any day. You can just admit that you're scared and there is no way the Kobe wins anymore championships.

Oh goody. Another "Kobe will never... " for Laker fans to watch get squashed. I'll put it over here on this shelf along with "Kobe & Shaq will never win a championship", "Kobe will never be MVP", "Kobe will never win a championship without Shaq", and others.

Mochalman
07-10-2010, 08:16 AM
"to be the man you got to beat the man" - ric flair

lakers will remain the top till they are dethroned.

~Iggy~
07-10-2010, 08:27 AM
LA Lakers are still the team to beat. After them we have a Eastern trio of Boston (the eastern champs), Orlando (eastern finalists) and Miami (the upstarts) in that order. One of these teams will guaranteed win the finals next year ( I just don't see any of San Antonio, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix et cetra having anything on the Lakers in the west).

lbz88
07-10-2010, 08:40 AM
When did Dan Snyder from the Washington Redskins buy the Heat? When are people going to learn, having to many star players doesn't win you championships!

Mochalman
07-10-2010, 08:56 AM
^yankees?

xxcubs22xx
07-10-2010, 09:14 AM
wow.

Just because they have a [new] big 3 now means they have to be heavy favorites to win the championship?

The Heat haven't proved jack squat lately...Neither has Bosh.

The Miami Heat still have a regular season to get through and the playoffs before they become champs. geez

the irony is palpable. Lebron Bosh and Wade go to the same team and they become champs, without winning one.

KBfrom8to24
07-10-2010, 09:34 AM

To say that they r the best tandem since MJ & Pip, I would say u don't know what u r saying... And praising their Heat team better than Celts shows that u r a traitor like fake King James. Boston Faithful??????

SouljahPhil...
07-10-2010, 09:52 AM
To say that they r the best tandem since MJ & Pip, I would say u don't know what u r saying... And praising their Heat team better than Celts shows that u r a traitor like fake King James. Boston Faithful??????

i have a msg for you..check your inbox..

Truheatfan
07-10-2010, 10:07 AM

:clap: thanks for the realistic approach and not some bs on why we arent 1 of the favorites cause like you said we got three of the top players in the nba! we still have to fill out the roster but i believe us to be the best in the east BUT i have respect for boston and it will be a battle for the east between us. your absolutely right about the magic all they have is dwight and other guys that cant get it done they cant even beat boston so i doubt the beat the miami hated! so in the east i think it comes down to boston and miami. i think miami has to get some big bodys and good defenders in order to beat L.A. but in riley i trust lol.

thanks for being a realist and putting real points out there instead of negative and plain stupid points that alot of haters are throwing out there! boston is still going to be tough to get through and i expect to see them in the conference finals see you guys at the top! :D

Super.
07-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Why?

Because 3 players a championship contender does not make

LALakersKC
07-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Lakers are still the favorites in my opinion.

Lewylou
07-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Chris bosh is the most overrated player. If Bosh is as good as they say then you have to propranolol to David Lee. Lee has never had any star player Bosh has but nothing accomplished. Waste of money if you ask me. Top 20 in the league get real.

markbutter
07-10-2010, 11:37 AM
As I said before:

Artest vs. Bron is as close to a push defensively as you'll get against Bron. Artest offense obviously can't match, but if anyone in the NBA can slow down Bron, it's Artest.

Kobe vs. Wade : regardless of who you choose, no one can argue it aint' a push.

Gasol vs. Bosh. I'll take Gasol all day long.

Bynum vs. ?? if healthy, a big IF, Bynum is a top 10, if not top 5 center.

Blake/fisher vs. Chalmers. I'm taking Blake/Fisher.

That's basically a push, gasol, Fisher, Bynum vs. +LeBron.

Celtics:

Pierce is the opposite of Artest. he can at least come close to holding his own offensively vs. Bron.

Allen vs. Wade. Wade. But offensively Allen can at least make it competitive.

KG vs. Bosh. KG if healthy.

Rajon vs. Chalmers. Rajon.

J. O'Neal vs. ?? Regardless, this is a push at best for Mia, but probably in favor of the Celts.

Orlando. Who's going to guard Howard?

VC vs. Wade. Wade, with the ability of VC to at least have an opportunity to score.

Bron vs. Lewis. Bron, with Lewis ability to get hot.

Nelson vs. Chalmers. Nelson.

Chicago: Boozer vs. Bosh. At best a push for miami.

Bron vs. Deng Bron

Chalmers vs. Rose. . .er,..... rose

Noah vs. ?? If minimum player, noah. Who else can miami get.

Wade vs. Reddick/ Korver. Wade by alot, but at least he won't outscore Chicago's SG by 20+.

It will be a tough road out of the east for Mia. And the thing is, Wade / Bosh not getting out can be viewed as a tough EC. Wade/Bosh/Bron not getting out is viewed as Bron choking.

BIGBLUEWEGOHARD
07-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Everyone is hating HARD on these guys. Lebron is a punk, fine. But they took less money to play with each other to win. Awesome move. Riley will coach & they'll sign some rebounders, shooters & defenders strictly to do all the dirty work. They don't even have to finish first. They just have to get into the playoffs where the rotation gets cut down & that's where they'll kill.I wouldn't say they're the favorites yet, but they definitely will be. STOP HATING.

kriviant
07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Why?

Because 3 players a championship contender does not make

I'm sure the Celtics heard that a lot too.

Knick_tips718
07-10-2010, 12:53 PM
the answer to that is simple they dont have the suporting cast and never will who would want to play with 3 guys that will demand the ball all game long?

justinnum1
07-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Im taking all this hate as a sign that a lot of teams are scared to play us.:dance2:

h2r09
07-10-2010, 01:03 PM
the answer to that is simple they dont have the suporting cast and never will who would want to play with 3 guys that will demand the ball all game long?

yet im sure if the knicks would get them they would have a easy championship right?>

these guys are the most unselfish guys in the league, they took less just for the sake of winning rings. They dont have to have the ball in their hand to make things happen. plus, if you are a 3 pt shooter this is the perfect team to come to. lots of vets chase rings every year, this is also the perfect oppurtunity to do so.

how many guys do the great teams really have in their supporting cast? most teams really only go 8 deep for guys who log significant minutes.

the heat already have 6 guys who will do that in the big 3, haslem, mike miller , and chalmers. it wont be to hard to find 3 or 4 vets to come in here and play and during the course of the season there are always guys who become available for very little. we have lots of options. guys who we already have showed interest include, Z, Barnes, Raja Bell, jason williams, kurt thomas, keyon dooling, derek fisher. There are so many options plus we have 3 or possibly 4 2nd rounders to come in and could conceivably make a difference this this eason in pittman, butler, and maybe varnardo if he gets stronger.

basically, the heat wont have nobodies coming off the bench.

NBAfan4life
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM
One thing that I think gets overlooked is that Bosh is kinda known for his scoring not his D. On Miami his biggest asset is going to be taken away because he is going to have less opportunitys to score. We all no the heat will be great, but greatness does not mean they are a lock for a ship. I think it takes them 2 years. Next year they will have a much better chance to win.

Phenomenonsense
07-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Gasol > Bosh. I admire Wade for beating the Mavericks, and I have always hated Lebron because he was not the next Jordan as everyone said in the media. Now that this is proven, Lebron had to leave to get a ring, I don't hate him for being on the Heat. I think Chicago was a better option, but whatever. The Heat have no depth and no length, two things the Lakers will kill them on. I don't understand how the Heat will even begin to compete with the Magic, Howard, and Celtics, KG/Perkins/Baby/O'Neal. Wade and Lebron don't each get a ball, they have to share it, so you guard them the same. Lebron and Wade will make shots, shots they've always made, but it will not help them down low.

unwantedplayer
07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm sure the Celtics heard that a lot too.

Atleast they had very good role players surrounding the Big 3. Miami's Big 3 doesn't..

ryang
07-10-2010, 01:24 PM
The HEAT will be just fine... nobody heard of rondo,davis,perkins until they played with the big 3... I love the HEAT but right now the LAKERS are the champs until we take that from them....

ryang
07-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Atleast they had very good role players surrounding the Big 3. Miami's Big 3 doesn't..

But are big 3 are better then there big 3 hand's down...

Lakers_ftw
07-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Out of all fans, a celtic fan should know that length matters. As great as Boston is, the length of the Lakers big men gave them troubles. If you look at past stats, Bosh got killed by Pau. What about a healthy Bynum? Which free agent big man can guard him? Fill that Miami line-up with some legitimate bigs first before you call them the favorites.

ryang
07-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I agree we need a big man

ChiCubsFan
07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
My question is which of these 3 are going to go through what Grant Hill and T Mac went through? Mark my words 1 of the 3 will fall off. My guess goes with Wade.

h2r09
07-10-2010, 01:30 PM
My question is which of these 3 are going to go through what Grant Hill and T Mac went through? Mark my words 1 of the 3 will fall off. My guess goes with Wade.

if anything this extends each one of their careers. if they do get injured it would have nothing to do with the fact that all 3 are on the same team. i could say the same thing about anyone in the league.

ChiCubsFan
07-10-2010, 01:33 PM
if anything this extends each one of their careers. if they do get injured it would have nothing to do with the fact that all 3 are on the same team. i could say the same thing about anyone in the league.

I am not saying this because they are on the same team. I am just saying that there is a good chance that this could happen to one of them.

h2r09
07-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I am not saying this because they are on the same team. I am just saying that there is a good chance that this could happen to one of them.

why? because you say so? anybody can get injured at any moment on any team. your argument is complete stupidity.

arkanian215
07-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Assuming their main pieces stay healthy...
Total minutes: 240
LeBron 39 mpg
Wade 36 mpg
Bosh 36 mpg
Minutes left: 129

They'll probably get Haslem (28 mpg last season) back but he'll play fewer minutes 25.
Mike Miller 33mpg last season (probably plays all of the backup wing minutes). 25
Mario Chalmers 24 mpg last season. Down to 20.

59 minutes left for the starting center and reserves.
Joel Anthony 15

ChiCubsFan
07-10-2010, 01:39 PM
why? because you say so? anybody can get injured at any moment on any team. your argument is complete stupidity.

Any player can go down at any time, but when it happens to superstars like Wade or Lebron like Hill and TMac it can destroy a team.The thing I am saying is this dream of a dynasty might all be ruined by an injury especially when you are going to be leaning on 2 guys so much.

h2r09
07-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Any player can go down at any time, but when it happens to superstars like Wade or Lebron like Hill and TMac it can destroy a team.The thing I am saying is this dream of a dynasty might all be ruined by an injury especially when you are going to be leaning on 2 guys so much.

if you take out 1 of thse players, no matter which one, we would still be a pretty formidable team and still probably a championship contender.

BronBron06
07-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Currently Bulls are the TEAM TO BEAT

Next is Lakers

Next is Orlando

Remember signing and trading in the offseason isnt over yet anyone can come and go and change the balance.

TylerSL
07-10-2010, 01:47 PM
to all you Heat haters who say the Heat will get scrubs all i say to you is :facepalm: if the Heat already have guys like Haslem and Mike Miller and are in talks with Joel Anthony Q-Rich and Derick Fisher (although i doubt Fisher signs) what makes you think they wont get a bench the Heat can go over the cap you guys act like the Heat wont be able to go over the ****ing cap you forget the Lakers started last season 30 MILLION over the cap....

ChiCubsFan
07-10-2010, 01:49 PM
if you take out 1 of thse players, no matter which one, we would still be a pretty formidable team and still probably a championship contender.

Not going to disagree.

Cali4rnia
07-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Heats are not fav cuz lakers won the last championship. If heats wants to be fav they will have to snatch it from the lakers. Good luck doing that.

Frezhnitz
07-10-2010, 01:50 PM

That is a joke.

TylerSL
07-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Heats are not fav cuz lakers won the last championship. If heats wants to be fav they will have to snatch it from the lakers. Good luck doing that.

:facepalm: maybe the Heat arent the fav cuz the Lakers won last years maybe its because they have the 2 best players in the NBA today and a top 15 in Bosh....

TylerSL
07-10-2010, 01:55 PM
That is a joke.

not really LBJ is arguably the best player in the NBA (i personally think Wade) and more people think LBJ is the best in the NBA than they think Kobe is the best

Avenged
07-10-2010, 01:56 PM

Your not going to double any of ours? It works hand in hand.

You're saying 3 players can beat 4 players? You're really selling Kobe and Gasol short here. Either way Wade/Lebron/Bosh<<<<< a more complete team in the Lakers so that's really all that matters.

Purple&Gold24
07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Read the Sig :)

dwadefan03
07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
lol at people thinking the magic and the lakers are more talented than our team

TylerSL
07-10-2010, 02:02 PM

You're saying 3 players can beat 4 players? You're really selling Kobe and Gasol short here. Either way Wade/Lebron/Bosh<<<<< a more complete team in the Lakers so that's really all that matters.

..... you dont even know yet if the Lakers are more complete**** because you dont no what players the Heat will be able to sign ppl will prolly take pay cuts to come play with wade/bosh/lebron and in Florida no stats income tax so if you sign a vet min. at lets say 1.5 million youll get all of it so ppl will come

h2r09
07-10-2010, 02:03 PM

artest and odom arent superstars. if you are going to do that we will throw in mike miller. it will be impossible to guard all of these guys. p lus with lebron at pg we have a huge advantage in 1 of 4 ways.

1. the pg is guarding wade
2. the pg is guarding lebron
3. the pg is guarding mike miller giving him more room to shoot
4. you go with no pg and then the other teams offense is stagnant without a pg. either way we have ahuge advantage.

Lakersho
07-10-2010, 02:04 PM
:horse:...Not one game has mbeen played, not one team has a set roster, and everyone is fighting over who 's the champ this year. look on paper is one thing , but how about lets wait til like allstar week to make any kind of statements on any team. funny part is reg. season dont mean squat anyway, note : celtics this last reg. season kinda sucked, playoffs they kicked butt. every 2 to 5 min. a new thead about the same thing , come on ...

Avenged
07-10-2010, 02:10 PM
..... you dont even know yet if the Lakers are more complete**** because you dont no what players the Heat will be able to sign ppl will prolly take pay cuts to come play with wade/bosh/lebron and in Florida no stats income tax so if you sign a vet min. at lets say 1.5 million youll get all of it so ppl will come

You're speculating, I could say the same thing about the Lakers.

artest and odom arent superstars. if you are going to do that we will throw in mike miller. it will be impossible to guard all of these guys. p lus with lebron at pg we have a huge advantage in 1 of 4 ways.

4. you go with no pg and then the other teams offense is stagnant without a pg. either way we have ahuge advantage.

Just because Odom and Artest aren't superstars, that means 3 guys can beat 4 players 2 of whom include Kobe and Gasol? I don't think so. These guys are NBA players for a reason and Artest/Odom are part of the Lakers core. Heck, without Artest there's no way the Lakers would have won the title this season, especially in game 7.

infernoscurse
07-10-2010, 02:11 PM
lol at the heat haters, dont they know we have been one of the best teams since 2010?

Purple&Gold24
07-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Lakers just completed winning a second championship in a row, and still get no respect. At least a little. Not only did the heat have to go out and get two huge superstars not to mention D.Wade (which I give huge props) to "attempt" a very long title run as my team is doing. The Lakers are doing it (and will do it) without three huge superpower players. Pay some respect.

ifhmondays
07-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Well, Miami fans have to be careful. There have been trios in the past...amazing trios. They have won, but they haven't won every year. They haven't always won in the first year. Some didn't win at all.

like when the bucks had their big 3 no doubt should have won a ring but after they got anthony mason to help fill a need the team chemistry blew up.

effen5
07-10-2010, 02:15 PM

Dude, don't listen to them...nobody can guard odom and bynum AND GASOL....the heat team is already flawed.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2010, 02:19 PM

Bosh reeks of a player who will play small on the big stage. And Lebron has shriveled up in each of the last 2 postseasons. Role players are not the only ones that can break under pressure.

h2r09
07-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Dude, don't listen to them...nobody can guard odom and bynum AND GASOL....the heat team is already flawed.

you really just are such a huge hater arent you? im not even going to get into it with you but you seem to say in ever ypost that with 3 superstars that our team will suck and has so many flaws. e will be able to fill out a very solid bench.

effen5
07-10-2010, 02:28 PM
you really just are such a huge hater arent you? im not even going to get into it with you but you seem to say in ever ypost that with 3 superstars that our team will suck and has so many flaws. e will be able to fill out a very solid bench.

Yes.

jackdawson
07-10-2010, 02:35 PM

Dude, don't respond to the haters. They are going through funeral phase now. Just read and L2US!

ballpd05
07-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I still think the Lakers would have the best team. I still think that the while the trio of Wade, Bosh, and Lebron are great, I think the trio of Kobe, Ron Artest, and Pau Gasol are just as good. A few years ago when Ron Artest was with Indiana and Sacramento he was considered a top 15 player in the league, and I still think that Pau Gasol is better than Chris Bosh.

I also think when you factor in Andrew Bynum's size (which doomed the Celtics in game 7) and the versatility of Lamar Odom has been a problem. Plus the length of that Laker team is an issue for everyone.

I still feel like the Heat have some work to do to be outright favorites. That and the Heat need to find a big center and some outside shooting. Orlando could be a major issue if you have to double D12, and the Celtics could be a problem if they struggle from 3.

Frezhnitz
07-10-2010, 02:54 PM
I still think the Lakers would have the best team. I still think that the while the trio of Wade, Bosh, and Lebron are great, I think the trio of Kobe, Ron Artest, and Pau Gasol are just as good. A few years ago when Ron Artest was with Indiana and Sacramento he was considered a top 15 player in the league, and I still think that Pau Gasol is better than Chris Bosh.

I also think when you factor in Andrew Bynum's size (which doomed the Celtics in game 7) and the versatility of Lamar Odom has been a problem. Plus the length of that Laker team is an issue for everyone.

I still feel like the Heat have some work to do to be outright favorites. That and the Heat need to find a big center and some outside shooting. Orlando could be a major issue if you have to double D12, and the Celtics could be a problem if they struggle from 3.

I agree. I know Wade and Lebron are great but Bosh is overrated. Bosh will have a hard time guarding Bynum or Paul or ODom. Heats need more help.

BSF101
07-10-2010, 04:32 PM

I hate the Lakers with a passion, but until someone beats them I'm not surprised some have them as favorites, and everyone also had Orlando beating the Celtics so I'm not surprised.

MickeyMgl
07-11-2010, 04:34 AM
But are big 3 are better then there big 3 hand's down...

Individually, but not as a unit.

The Celtics' 3 complemented each other better. A superior long-range shooter (two, actually), a slasher, and a big man with a strong defensive mentality.

The Heat have two slashers and a talented but thin PF with a finesse offensive game.

StayOutOfTrees
07-11-2010, 04:38 AM
It's called denial. Ask Las Vegas.

J-Relo
07-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Individually, but not as a unit.

The Celtics' 3 complemented each other better. A superior long-range shooter (two, actually), a slasher, and a big man with a strong defensive mentality.

The Heat have two slashers and a talented but thin PF with a finesse offensive game.

and the C's 3 are how old?

TheGsw
07-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Heat hasnt proved anything yet!

JayW_1023
07-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Blake/Fisher > Chalmers
Kobe>Wade
Artest<<<LeBron
Gasol=Bosh (Feel free to disagree)
Bynum>>Scrub

Odom>Miller

Can't believe I'm saying this.....LET'S GO LAKERS!

It won't matter who is better than whom...this ain't streetball. The team that plays as a whole wins it. Talent is overrated without other intangibles like effort and bhasketball IQ.

MickeyMgl
07-12-2010, 07:46 AM
and the C's 3 are how old?

I don't feel like looking, but I know they're old. Hence, my use of the word "individually". What's your point?

michael811
07-12-2010, 09:05 AM

The Lakers run the triangle offense which really doesn't need a pg. kobe on wade artest on lebron odom on mike miller gasol on bosh and bynum playing at the basket for shot blocking. The heat will score a lot of points but they are going to get pummeled inside on the other end and on rebounding. Riley said it himself no rebounds no rings.

JonnyBrav000
07-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Bosh is not a top 6 player. The Heat are not better than LA, Orlando and the Bulls right now. They have to fill in role players first, because 3 guys cannot do it alone. What if 1 gets hurt, or has a bad game or gets into foul trouble??? Plus none of these 3 guys can shoot lights out (Ray Allen). Wade and Lebron have very similar playing styles.

The Bulls are a diverse team, they have a slasher/facilitator, D. Rose, a great shooter, Kyle Korver (possibly the best shooter in the NBA), a shot blocker/rebounder/post presence, Noah and Boozer and a decent wingman, Deng and a quality bench, Taj Gibson/Kyle Korver. The Lakers still have the best player and team from top to bottom in the NBA. Expect the Lakers to play a team like the Bulls in the finals. Kobe will get his 6th championship if injuries don't get in the way.

CrotchetyOldMan
07-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Ummm...their bench is gonna be terrible...Not saying they won't win but their bench won't be able to compete and the big three are gonna log A TON of minutes in the regular season and playoffs...

Sly Guy
07-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Think of this ??
Who would you have
Kobe
Gasol
Steve Blake
Bynum
Fisher if re-signs
Odom
Artest
or

Lebron
wade
bosh
scrub
scrub
scrub
mike miller

haha

I agree with the ordering.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-12-2010, 10:51 AM
thank you^^^ lakers and celtics are still a better more physical team than the heat without a question

Phat Pat 94
07-12-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.benchwarmersunited.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/kobe-Bryant.jpg

^^^ thats why

Gambeezy
07-12-2010, 10:58 AM
The Lakers are competitors. Even if the Heat get good role players, you can't undermind the heart of champions. The Lakers are extremely deep and just signed Steve Blake and will probably resign Fisher. I cannot wait for these teams to start playing each other. It will test the Lakers to the fullest but I don't give the Heat a guarantee win. Our edge on the perimeter will be tested against the Lakers edge on the inside. Despite the stardom, I think the Heat and Lakers will be a good match-up considering our lack of size in the Paint and the Lakers talented, balanced roster.

eman
07-12-2010, 11:28 AM
The assumption is that the way Lebron James played in Cleveland is going to be same way he plays when he goes to Miami to play with DeWayne Wade. This might have happened had DeWayne gone to Cleveland but won't be the case now. I envision Lebron playing Scottie Pippen to Dewayne's Michael Jordan with Lebron bringing the ball upcourt ala Scottie and forcing defenses to adjust to him making it that much easier for Wade, Bosh, Miller et. al. to score. Defensively they may be at a disadvantage as someone is going to have to take on the task of shutting down the other teams best player, again a role I envision for Lebron as he has the better tools to be a shutdown defender. But the real scary part of this amassing of talent is the rotations. With Lebron and Wade able to play the 1, 2 or 3 effectively you can take one out and leave the other in to go against the second unit of most teams, this was the real reason why the Chicago Bulls were so dominant because they could rest one superstar while the other one was still on the court tearing up the second unit.

alchemist0123
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM

in each and every sportsbook, they are huge faves.

FinsHeatPanthrs
07-12-2010, 12:27 PM

And Joel Anthony, team Canada!!!!!! But still an Olympian!!!! lol

If they choose to retain him.

Atownballa5
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
i will chose lakers and maybe still even celtics over the heat

hghskid
07-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Lakers are still the team to beat..

We aren't taking that away from them. Miami hasn't proven anything yet.

Kings_rexb
07-12-2010, 01:39 PM
DWade can penetrate defenses very efficiently by himself. LeBron too..

Now, imagine Bosh setting up the pick for him on top..scary right? already options are endless. Wait, you still have LeBron on the wing that can cut through the baseline and Miller on the weakside for an open 3?? I imagine teams will be crying unfair on every possession. That's just on one play.

Also, now they actually don't have to work double hard to score points unlike before. Which means less chances for injuries and fatigue.

Overall, i blame all this teaming up with co-superstars on the Lakers. Lakers just got so good that other teams need more stars to beat them.