PDA

View Full Version : You Are Not Lebron James.

CBCable
07-09-2010, 01:48 AM
http//www.basketballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=535

Great article. I'm not super pleased with LeBron's decision, but everyone complains that superstars won't make sacrifices to win, and now three of the most visible have done just that. Now LeBron's being crucified... Interesting. Thoughts?

EDIT: working link

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Its the age old discussion....would you give up contract money to win?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2010, 01:55 AM
People said he was a money wh*re.

He took less money to win.

So I guess he proved you people wrong.

I didn't like the way he handled things but he did take less money to win.

CBCable
07-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Totally. And the answer was always 'no'. Now three guys have said 'yes', and everyone is furious. Just interesting.

CBCable
07-09-2010, 01:56 AM

He proved 110 years of professional sports history wrong.

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 02:04 AM
he was in a no win situation from the public from different angles from the start...now fans of teams that wanted him (Nets, Bulls, KNicks) are mad because he didn't pick their team.

People were going hate regardless..Lebron had these choices facing him

1. Stay put for the Cavs while getting max money but never really getting a chance to win a title because of the current team (Cavs should have known that having to rely on 2 people who play zero defense would could cost them in the playoffs. KG and Rondo basically mad Jamison and Mo their B******)

2. Go the Knicks which outside of Amare are even lamer than the cavs were outside of Lebron.

3. Sacrifice money and personal stats and go to Miami to play with Wade and Bosh

Melo15
07-09-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm not mad about his decision. It's not my right to say whether he should have stayed in Cleveland or gone elsewhere but what does piss me off is how he handled this. The Cavs fans have worshiped him since he was a high schooler and to leave them the way he did was an ultimate sign of disrespect. They treated him like he truly was a King for 7 years and to embarrass them on national tv is absolutely ridiculous.

ntat
07-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Lol lebron didnt sacrifice to win. He took the easiest route to winning possible. He didnt want to beat the best, he went to the best possible team to win easiest. So they all took a mill or 2 less a year for the easy way out. You dont think that trio is gonna make up for it in leaps and bounds in endorsments? Please, he didnt sacrifice a damn thing, except a little bit of respect. But for a ring, i would too.

PBG
07-09-2010, 02:11 AM
i thought nike could basically give him incentives or whatever to actually make up for the difference of not getting the max contract he could with the cavs?

THE MTL
07-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Exactly, how are they calling him "narcissistic" and "ego-centric" when he is now SHARING the spotlight with Dwade & Chris Bosh. And they are all taking less money!

LAcowBOMBER
07-09-2010, 02:18 AM
LeBron called it a business decision because even though he took less money he made himself more marketable by going to a team like this, it was hardly a sacrifice

CBCable
07-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Lol lebron didnt sacrifice to win. He took the easiest route to winning possible. He didnt want to beat the best, he went to the best possible team to win easiest. So they all took a mill or 2 less a year for the easy way out. You dont think that trio is gonna make up for it in leaps and bounds in endorsments? Please, he didnt sacrifice a damn thing, except a little bit of respect. But for a ring, i would too.

I quoted this originally agreeing with it entirely.. Now I'm editing it to say, I think there are numerous inherent sacrifices they've all made to make this happen regardless of their intentions. It's very confusing. It defies sports logic.

I think the poster who said he was damned from all fan angles no matter what his decision was is the closest thing to the truth as anyone else can say.

Korman12
07-09-2010, 02:24 AM
It's this way because a lot of fans care more about a player's personality than what they do. To some it's all about his ego, one way or the other.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 02:26 AM
People said he wanted to be a diva and couldn't handle being a "team player". He just joined a team with two stars.

People said he was a money whore and that's all that mattered. He went out and took a bit less to win.

And yet, people STILL find a reason to hate the guy. Look, I don't like LeBron James but the silly hate he's getting is pathetic. I would absolutely ditch the city of Cleveland for a better city in Miami, friends on my team, and the best chance to win. Not even a debate really.

ABOMB_56
07-09-2010, 02:26 AM
The link doesn't work :confused:
However, Lebron was bashed for being an ego-maniac and a money whore.
If he were such an ego-maniac there is no way he goes to someone else's team to be the second option. So that pushes that theory to the side. But he still gets bashed because his "legacy" tarnishes.
Second, he was considered a man who was all about the money. However, he left 30 million dollars on the table and isn't taking the max from the Heat. So that is the second theory pushed to the side. I don't get how he gets bashed for doing what more athletes should do, which is take less money so that you free up space for your team and help them improve as a championship contender.

GOON MUSIC
07-09-2010, 02:27 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

07-09-2010, 02:27 AM
i guess there's a chance more players need to follow in the futur if they want to earn a ring
so more 2010-2011 miami teams and 2009-2010 new jersey teams in the futur i guess

CBCable
07-09-2010, 02:29 AM
The link doesn't work :confused:
However, Lebron was bashed for being an ego-maniac and a money whore.
If he were such an ego-maniac there is no way he goes to someone else's team to be the second option. So that pushes that theory to the side. But he still gets bashed because his "legacy" tarnishes.
Second, he was considered a man who was all about the money. However, he left 30 million dollars on the table and isn't taking the max from the Heat. So that is the second theory pushed to the side. I don't get how he gets bashed for doing what more athletes should do, which is take less money so that you free up space for your team and help them improve as a championship contender.

Sorry dude, link works now. First thread and first link ever. Lots of firsts tonight.

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 02:30 AM
Lol lebron didnt sacrifice to win. He took the easiest route to winning possible. He didnt want to beat the best, he went to the best possible team to win easiest.

Lebron was going to get to the finals on the cavs with the current roster

Knicks even with Amare are IMO, worse than the cavs minus Lebron and Shaq

Nets suck

Bulls might be even more stacked than MIami is right now but I never though Lebron would go there anyway

.....The Bulls with lebron are arguably better than Miami with Wade, Lebron and Bosh so I disagree that he took the easiest route to a title.

marlinsfan24
07-09-2010, 02:32 AM
People said he wanted to be a diva and couldn't handle being a "team player". He just joined a team with two stars.

People said he was a money whore and that's all that mattered. He went out and took a bit less to win.

And yet, people STILL find a reason to hate the guy. Look, I don't like LeBron James but the silly hate he's getting is pathetic. I would absolutely ditch the city of Cleveland for a better city in Miami, friends on my team, and the best chance to win. Not even a debate really.

:clap:

Just because he's a Heat player doesn't meant I love him...but the hate is pretty ridiculous.

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 02:39 AM
People are hating him for the way he left. It was classless. And he literally sold himself out. Great players don't go to other teams to be second fiddle.

CBCable
07-09-2010, 02:41 AM
People are hating him for the way he left. It was classless. And he literally sold himself out. Great players don't go to other teams to be second fiddle.

If you're going to hate on him for the way he left, hate ESPN and the rest of the media goons for indulging his shameless self-promotion.

Anyway, you should be thrilled. He's done the impossible. He's made Kobe look like the patron saint of humility.

nanablvd
07-09-2010, 02:44 AM
He is crucified not because of his decision to leave Cleveland but his decision to break the news himself in an one-hour special. Words coming directly from him mouth are twice as painful. I never understand why he didnt let espn break the news for him, the way that Wade and Bosh handled pretty well earlier.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 02:47 AM

That's the key thing people refuse to realize. How often does that happen? Obviously the man is about winning and if this signing does nothing else it proves where his focus is. Of course South Beach ain't bad either ;).

P-O-Z
07-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Dan Gilbert is the only owner who would act so damn childish jerry west wouldnt pull some **** like this neither would mickey arison .

Jaji
07-09-2010, 02:49 AM

2nd fiddle? Are you serious? How is the best player in the league going to be 2nd fiddle? Because Wade was there 1st? You should take a deep breath and think about you're typing.

nr19
07-09-2010, 02:50 AM
Lebron could have done all of this without the one hour special.

All that did was stroke his massive ego and piss on the people he was leaving.

He's a classless punk, not because he left but because of how he left.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 02:53 AM

I LOVE the last part. Who cares what the average PSDer thinks? LeBron is going to win multiple ships and gets to live on South Beach.

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 02:57 AM
I LOVE the last part. Who cares what the average PSDer thinks? LeBron is going to win multiple ships and gets to live on South Beach.

Isn't that what you said when he was in Cleveland? Things sure turned out well for you :laugh2:

And he is going to be second fiddle. He is going to a team that is CLEARLY Wade's team and he is the main man. A lot of you guys never give Kobe full credit for winning with Shaq right and say that was clearly Shaq's team. Well now Lebron is going to South Beach in Dwyane County. So he is second fiddle.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 02:59 AM
Isn't that what you said when he was in Cleveland? Things sure turned out well for you :laugh2:

And he is going to be second fiddle. He is going to a team that is CLEARLY Wade's team and he is the main man. A lot of you guys never give Kobe full credit for winning with Shaq right and say that was clearly Shaq's team. Well now Lebron is going to South Beach in Dwyane County. So he is second fiddle.
Does it matter? Why are people so obsessed with such pathetic notions as this? "He's playing second fiddle!!" "It's not his team!" "He had to go with Wade to win!"

The guy wants to win, and there's not ONE team that puts him in a better position to do so than this Miami team. He made a smart choice. He's getting paid a lot, hanging with good friends, partying in a great city, and has a great shot at multiple titles. LeBron will still play at or near MVP status, and all of this added up means that LeBron is fine. People are just looking for any reason. Sad, really.

twelvePack
07-09-2010, 02:59 AM
That's the key thing people refuse to realize. How often does that happen? Obviously the man is about winning and if this signing does nothing else it proves where his focus is. Of course South Beach ain't bad either ;).

Yeah, because the majority of his money doesn't come from ENDORSEMENTS.:rolleyes: Seriously, Lebron made 40 million last year, so ****ing spare me on how much he is sacrificing.

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 03:04 AM
Does it matter? Why are people so obsessed with such pathetic notions as this? "He's playing second fiddle!!" "It's not his team!" "He had to go with Wade to win!"

The guy wants to win, and there's not ONE team that puts him in a better position to do so than this Miami team. He made a smart choice. He's getting paid a lot, hanging with good friends, partying in a great city, and has a great shot at multiple titles. LeBron will still play at or near MVP status, and all of this added up means that LeBron is fine. People are just looking for any reason. Sad, really.

No, everyone was agreeing that Chicago was his best option for winning. Unlike the Heat, they actually have a team in place, with proper roles, something I'm sure of all people you know takes to win a ring. And it should tarnish his legacy, because even if he does end up winning a title, he didn't do so as the main guy. He already went to a team that had the main guy. And according to many of you, thats important because like when I gave my Kobe reasoning, people don't look at you the same.

junion
07-09-2010, 03:06 AM
lebron took the road that a desperate ring-less veteran takes... is that bad?

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 03:08 AM
No, everyone was agreeing that Chicago was his best option for winning. Unlike the Heat, they actually have a team in place, with proper roles, something I'm sure of all people you know takes to win a ring. And it should tarnish his legacy, because even if he does end up winning a title, he didn't do so as the main guy. He already went to a team that had the main guy. And according to many of you, thats important because like when I gave my Kobe reasoning, people don't look at you the same.
People that say "Kobe was handed those rings because of Shaq" and crap like that piss me off, that's what I'm saying. Pierce, KG, and Allen won NOTHING and then the three hooked up and they went to the Finals twice, got one. I would never take away from any of those three just because it took them getting together to win. Just like Kobe - He won on a team with Shaq, he won a team with Gasol. Who the hell cares how it was done, as long as it was done? My main concern is my team winning titles, regardless how they go about do it. I would never take away from Kobe's 5 and if LeBron gets a bunch, I wouldn't take any away from him because that's pathetic and being such a hater.

CBCable
07-09-2010, 03:08 AM
Yeah, because the majority of his money doesn't come from ENDORSEMENTS.:rolleyes: Seriously, Lebron made 40 million last year, so ****ing spare me on how much he is sacrificing.

He sacrificed pretty much his entire legacy. It might just not have been important to him.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 03:13 AM

I think you have me confused with someone else. I couldn't be happier to see him get out of that hell hole (no offense NE Ohioans).

This is the most ludicrous thing you could say. So hypothetically speaking, if Kobe went to the Kings, he'd be 2nd fiddle to Evans? Because it's clearly Evans' team right now. Sorry, Kobe, but Evans is our main man so you'll have to step aside. That makes no sense at all. LBJ is the best player in the world. Why would that change? Man I don't even like that term "hater" but the haters have certainly come out tonight lol. Your hate is so strong that you're not even making sense. You're lying to yourself.

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 03:15 AM
People that say "Kobe was handed those rings because of Shaq" and crap like that piss me off, that's what I'm saying. Pierce, KG, and Allen won NOTHING and then the three hooked up and they went to the Finals twice, got one. I would never take away from any of those three just because it took them getting together to win. Just like Kobe - He won on a team with Shaq, he won a team with Gasol. Who the hell cares how it was done, as long as it was done? My main concern is my team winning titles, regardless how they go about do it. I would never take away from Kobe's 5 and if LeBron gets a bunch, I wouldn't take any away from him because that's pathetic and being such a hater.

But can you honestly tell me man, ANY ALL time great who would do this? From what I see, he stepped away from a challenge as being one of the best ever to go play on a team that already has an established leader. This is like Magic going to play with Bird early on his career when the C's had the Lakers number, or even Drexler going to go play with Jordan in the prime of his career.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 03:15 AM

You're right. The guy's a complete douche bag for wanting to win :rolleyes:. The nerve of him!

Illinirob83
07-09-2010, 03:18 AM
Putting together a "superteam" is lame no matter what LBJ fans think or Miami homers think. They had their summits, are buddies from the olympic runs...took less to win. LBJ HAD TO TAKE LESS TO JOIN WADE IN MIAMI SO HE COULD WIN A TITLE. That is of course lame....and it of course cheapens his legacy and the titles he will win. No one is saying LBJ isn't great, they are saying the opposite. They are saying the best player in the league shouldn't have to take less money, go to a crap sports market and live in "Wade County" to finally get a ring. Would Jordan take less money in 1990 to join Magic Johnson in LA? Hell no he wouldn't. What if Kobe, Durant, Howard decide to all join forces somewhere if they had an opportunity and took less money? LBJ couldn't and didn't feel he could win the title as the BEST player and a max player on a champion. That cheapens his legacy and his titles.....anyone that thinks otherwise, and thinks "megateams" with superstars taking less to join together kills the competitive balance of the league. It is an EASY out. Gutless, cowardly, and weak.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 03:19 AM
But can you honestly tell me man, ANY ALL time great who would do this? From what I see, he stepped away from a challenge as being one of the best ever to go play on a team that already has an established leader. This is like Magic going to play with Bird early on his career when the C's had the Lakers number, or even Drexler going to go play with Jordan in the prime of his career.
Who cares about who has done what in the past? It's about winning, and that's what LeBron cares about. Why does it matter if he did it as the one star with good players or as the star with other stars? A win is a win, who cares? Garnett wouldn't come to Boston, then we got Ray Allen, and then he wanted the trade to go down - Does that take away from his accomplishments in our 2008 run? I don't think so.

I don't look down on LeBron on this decision. It was a great personal and business decision. People will rip him for it, but he also probably doesn't care if you think a bit less than him because he went to a good team.

IDB Josh M
07-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Its what he did to Cleveland. I was actually hoping that Lebron would say, I'm staying in Cleveland, I still dislike him because of rivalry, but I still respected him. Now I don't respect that fool.

KG, Pierce and Allen, I dont like them, but damn do I respect them, and the celtics organization. But what Lebron did ... pshhh .... At least Shaq was quiet when he left Orlando.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 03:21 AM

Established leader? Last time I saw Wade his team was getting bounced from the 1st round of the playoffs. Hardly Jordanesque or Bird-like. The Heat still have some building to do. This isn't a championship team yet IMO. They are completely rebuilding. How many guys will be back from last year?

In all honesty, I think you're just scared of the Heat. Just look at your sig man, you have some issues.

Illinirob83
07-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Who cares about who has done what in the past? It's about winning, and that's what LeBron cares about. Why does it matter if he did it as the one star with good players or as the star with other stars? A win is a win, who cares? Garnett wouldn't come to Boston, then we got Ray Allen, and then he wanted the trade to go down - Does that take away from his accomplishments in our 2008 run? I don't think so.

I don't look down on LeBron on this decision. It was a great personal and business decision. People will rip him for it, but he also probably doesn't care if you think a bit less than him because he went to a good team.

Pierce was in place, and once Ainge lost the lottery he put together TRADES to get those players who were getting to the end or just barely past their primes. Garnett and Allen weren't top 5 players in the league and FA"s having summits to join forces.......plus those "big 3" in Boston don't claim to be "KING", wear #23, MVP (at the time), or have the gull to pull what LBJ has with two years of free agency and how he has handled all of this. Those guys in Boston were traded...it doesn't take away anything there.....but if you can't see the difference then I suggest taking your blinders off.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Pierce was in place, and once Ainge lost the lottery he put together TRADES to get those players who were getting to the end or just barely past their primes. Garnett and Allen weren't top 5 players in the league and FA"s having summits to join forces.......plus those "big 3" in Boston don't claim to be "KING", wear #23, MVP (at the time), or have the gull to pull what LBJ has with two years of free agency and how he has handled all of this. Those guys in Boston were traded...it doesn't take away anything there.....but if you can't see the difference then I suggest taking your blinders off.
My blinders are off, considering I'm a Celtics fan, but good try anyways.

Trade or not, do you not recall a time when Garnett rejected the proposed deal? Do you not recall him saying he wanted to go to Boston once Allen was there? How is that different than what LeBron did? Garnett saw two stars on a team and saw his chance at a title, maybe 2 or 3. LeBron went to free agency, saw two guys signed on with the Heat, and saw the opportunity to win a lot.

It's the same thing; No one had a problem when my Celtics won the title, and now everyone is ripping apart LeBron for nothing.

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 03:26 AM
I think you have me confused with someone else. I couldn't be happier to see him get out of that hell hole (no offense NE Ohioans).

This is the most ludicrous thing you could say. So hypothetically speaking, if Kobe went to the Kings, he'd be 2nd fiddle to Evans? Because it's clearly Evans' team right now. Sorry, Kobe, but Evans is our main man so you'll have to step aside. That makes no sense at all. LBJ is the best player in the world. Why would that change? Man I don't even like that term "hater" but the haters have certainly come out tonight lol. Your hate is so strong that you're not even making sense. You're lying to yourself.

No, thats completely different. Just like with the Chicago rumors early, even though its Rose team now, if Lebron signed their, it was going to be his team. Miami is a completely different ball park. Wade is viewed by many as a better player (atleast Heat fans), and hes already lead them to a ring. And for them to win, Wade is going to have to be the best player.

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 03:31 AM
Established leader? Last time I saw Wade his team was getting bounced from the 1st round of the playoffs. Hardly Jordanesque or Bird-like. The Heat still have some building to do. This isn't a championship team yet IMO. They are completely rebuilding. How many guys will be back from last year?

In all honesty, I think you're just scared of the Heat. Just look at your sig man, you have some issues.

Considering he had the best series of any player in the entire playoffs, it was Jordanesque. So stfu. He has done more with less than any other player these past 2-3 years. And he won hardly 3 years into his career with one of the greatest finals performances ever. He's a leader and a winner.

Illinirob83
07-09-2010, 03:35 AM
My blinders are off, considering I'm a Celtics fan, but good try anyways.

Trade or not, do you not recall a time when Garnett rejected the proposed deal? Do you not recall him saying he wanted to go to Boston once Allen was there? How is that different than what LeBron did? Garnett saw two stars on a team and saw his chance at a title, maybe 2 or 3. LeBron went to free agency, saw two guys signed on with the Heat, and saw the opportunity to win a lot.

It's the same thing; No one had a problem when my Celtics won the title, and now everyone is ripping apart LeBron for nothing.

Did you just really ask how that was different then what LBJ did? LOL. :facepalm:

Minnesota still had to agree to a trade for Garnett, and at the time gave them a terrific prospect back in Jefferson. Minnesota was garbage at the time, weren't even close to a playoff team. He was in his 30's reaching the end of his career and had an opportunity to leave VIA TRADE, and did. You can't poo poo a guy being traded.....and not only that he wasn't the self proclaimed KING. Or we are all WITNESSES to him at the time. Garnett was in basketball hell and he did all he could for as long as he could for Minnesota. Celtics saved him via trade. Allen was traded for the #5 pick which turned into Jeff Green for OKC.

He took the easy road to be a champion instead of being the unquestioned BEST PLAYER on his team. He had to leave where he was to join a "dream-team" with three guys in their primes. Garnett and ALlen were in their 30's trying to get on a team who could even compete. Ainge had to make moves, had to come into place. In the LBJ situation, three guys/friends came together and decided they should join forces to create a "dream team" in Mia. That team is loaded and it wasn't built. It was easy. If the Celtics win the lottery, like they were favored of doing, they don't get the "big 3" that year. Basketball moves had to happen for that to go down.....this was just buddies deciding they should join forces and go for it together. IMO that is lame. He should want to be the BEST player on a team and LEAD them to a championship. For the MVP to not be the alpha dog or the man on his own team is lame, and weak IMO. He compromised his legacy to try and win some titles on a loaded team.....congrats. hard work done right?

NBA-GMaster
07-09-2010, 03:42 AM
I respect LeBron James' decision for desperately to win a championship.. And Im happy for him..
Plus, Chris Paul was right, you should have stayed in Cleveland.. Now many fans and people will hate you.. Im sure Toronto, Cleveland, Chicago, and New York will hate the Miami Heat..

Jaji
07-09-2010, 03:45 AM
No, thats completely different. Just like with the Chicago rumors early, even though its Rose team now, if Lebron signed their, it was going to be his team. Miami is a completely different ball park. Wade is viewed by many as a better player (atleast Heat fans), and hes already lead them to a ring. And for them to win, Wade is going to have to be the best player.

Any Heat fan who said Wade > LBJ was being nothing more than a homer. I guarantee they have a different opinion now. And Wade didn't lead them to a ring by himself. He got a boost from Shaq like when a dad lifts his son higher to the hoop so he can make a shot. There are some homers who used to claim Wade is on a level with LeBron but they're being as ridiculous as you. If Wade is so great, why haven't the Heat been out of the 1st round since they won the Finals? You act like he signed with the Lakers or something. Speaking of the Lakers, how do you feel about Ron Artest?

elam83
07-09-2010, 03:49 AM
The reason lebron is being crucified is because of who he is, his talent level, and the fact that at 25 yrs of age decided to ride dwayne wade and chris bosh's coattails to try to win a title. he showed the world that he is not in the same class as kobe bryant or michael jordan. if he went to chicago, new jersey, or new york he would at least have been able to remake his legacy without it being tarnished. wade and bosh get a pass, because it's wade's team, and bosh came from a losing situation in toronto. lebron was regarded by a lot of people as the games best player, and he rebuilt cleveland only to destroy it in the end.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 03:51 AM
Considering he had the best series of any player in the entire playoffs, it was Jordanesque. So stfu. He has done more with less than any other player these past 2-3 years. And he won hardly 3 years into his career with one of the greatest finals performances ever. He's a leader and a winner.

Yeah, Jordan routinely exited the playoffs after just 5 games :rolleyes:. How can you say he's done more with less in a thread about LeBron James? You keep telling yourself LBJ will be 2nd fiddle. Keep burning LeBron jerseys as well. Meanwhile, LBJ will average more points, more rebounds, and more assists, and get more accolades, endorsement deals, and MVP votes than the "leader" lol.

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Any Heat fan who said Wade > LBJ was being nothing more than a homer. I guarantee they have a different opinion now. And Wade didn't lead them to a ring by himself. He got a boost from Shaq like when a dad lifts his son higher to the hoop so he can make a shot. There are some homers who used to claim Wade is on a level with LeBron but they're being as ridiculous as you. If Wade is so great, why haven't the Heat been out of the 1st round since they won the Finals? You act like he signed with the Lakers or something. Speaking of the Lakers, how do you feel about Ron Artest?

This will be my last post with you. Your just a Lebron homer who would have been all over him no matter where he went. To me that is a band wagoner and not a true fan. So go ahead.

and :laugh2: I don't get the Ron Artest reference. But to answer you, I think he is just as happy as me. You know, he joined a winning franchise, and we accept nothing but victory here. You hear me? :eyebrow:

Illinirob83
07-09-2010, 03:54 AM
Yeah, Jordan routinely exited the playoffs after just 5 games :rolleyes:. How can you say he's done more with less in a thread about LeBron James? You keep telling yourself LBJ will be 2nd fiddle. Keep burning LeBron jerseys as well. Meanwhile, LBJ will average more points, more rebounds, and more assists, and get more accolades, endorsement deals, and MVP votes than the "leader" lol.

LBJ will never be bigger than Wade in Miami. It can't be done. They call it "Wade's County" for crying out loud. He had T-shirts made up of it being "Wade's county". They know he set up this entire thing with Riley, he has already won an NBA title there..one more than Lbj has...and he is still now a top 5 player in this league. He will be the Jeter and LBJ will be the Arod. ARod is the better player, but Jeter is forever bigger and forever loved more than ARod ever will be. The perception of Jeter is a lot more favorable than it is of Arod, not just in NY but all around baseball. James is the best player...but he will be JOINING Wade, who is still top 5 player, in "Wade's County".

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 03:56 AM

Not so sure, Wade is still a darling in the eyes of the media. Lebron now has many people who hate his guts. So Wade will always 1 up Bron in the ring category, and be known as a LEGEND when its all said and done in Miami. From the way things look, I'm not even sure Bron is going to get his jersey retired anywhere now :laugh2:

csenoner
07-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Guys,

I don't think think criticism and hate are the same thing. You can criticize someone's actions without being a hater. The deciding factor: is the criticism justified?

If you criticize someone who deserves it you aren't a hater. And for you guys trying to make it seem like its hate, don't you think lebron is a man and he can deal with a bit of criticism. When you call yourself King, and act like you are superhuman, you will come under scrutiny. When you handler everything as poor as lebron has you will encounter passionate people who are pissed with good reason.

In this case Lebron deserves all of the criticism he is receiving. By making your 'decision' a nationally televised primetime event you are drawing the spotlight to yourself. with that spotlight comes criticism.

Lebron has famously treated people in the cavs organization poorly, he has stampeded over cavs management with his entourage and inner circle. he has taken advantage of cleveland's vulnerability. he had the leverage. if you dont let me do whatever i want i will leave. with that attitude it forced the cavs into a bind. take control and tell lebron NO for the first time in his life and risk losing him? or let him do what he wants to make him happy so he stays. the cavs have been bad for so long that no one can really blame them for caving to lebron's demands. they had no leverage and no backup plan which means no choice.

the standard should have been set earyl but they let him have the run of the house and a long leash and he sure took advantage of it. it wasnt professional and it was juvenile. his whole entourage riding with the team on the team plane?? and he wants to talk about being a team?? thats not being a good teammate. thats putting yourself above your teammates by creating a double standard. and it undermines cavs management. i understand why gilbert is so pissed. they let lebron do whatever he wanted and he ditched em. if they told him NO he would have ditched em. it was a catch 22. and all of this was put into place by lebron and his behavior.

Now in terms of the criticism there are many things to criticize: stretching this circus out, creating the 1 hours decision special, making your announcement in the knicks backyard, not communicating with the cavs management which is the least they deserved, not to be left hanging like that. he is egocentric and has shown it.

In joining wade and bosh it appears that hes being selfless, but hes not. sure hes sacrificing a few bucks, but really he is desperately grabbing at what he thinks might be his best shot at winning a title. dwade won one without me, he'll surely win another with me. he was afraid of jordans shadow. he was afraid of failing in nyc under big time media scrutiny. he would have won titles in either of those cities eventually if he was the great player we thought he was.

but evidently he isnt. instead of being a man and stepping up to a challenge with big time payoff (best ever? legend status? biggest star in the world, NYC savior, billionaire? etc etc.) he hedged his bets for what he perceives as the safest and quickest bet to win the title. sacrificing what he would have been if he won on these greater stages. He couldnt step up to the challenge of leading a team to a title. he had to try and arrange a dream team. the easiest way out. the safest bet. not many counting on you in mia, no backlash if you get no rings, a teammate who already won the big one, etc etc. he sold out... not for money, but for safety. and in doing so he might have cost himself the spoils that come when you take a risk yet succeed. this is why people are criticizing lebron. because he is not the King they thought he was and could have been.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 04:24 AM
LBJ will never be bigger than Wade in Miami. It can't be done. They call it "Wade's County" for crying out loud. He had T-shirts made up of it being "Wade's county". They know he set up this entire thing with Riley, he has already won an NBA title there..one more than Lbj has...and he is still now a top 5 player in this league. He will be the Jeter and LBJ will be the Arod. ARod is the better player, but Jeter is forever bigger and forever loved more than ARod ever will be. The perception of Jeter is a lot more favorable than it is of Arod, not just in NY but all around baseball. James is the best player...but he will be JOINING Wade, who is still top 5 player, in "Wade's County".

:laugh2: They call it Wade County and not because he literally owns it, his last name just happens to rhyme with Dade, which is the actual name of the county :facepalm:.

You're right, LBJ, once the best player on Earth, will be nothing more than a sidekick in "Wade's" County :rolleyes:.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Not so sure, Wade is still a darling in the eyes of the media. Lebron now has many people who hate his guts. So Wade will always 1 up Bron in the ring category, and be known as a LEGEND when its all said and done in Miami. From the way things look, I'm not even sure Bron is going to get his jersey retired anywhere now :laugh2:

No one in Miami hates LeBron. And who cares that he has one more ring? Robert Horry had 2 rings when he joined the Lakers. Does that mean he's better than Shaq? Wade will be known as a legend and what will LeBron be known as? His sidekick? A role player? You're not making any sense right now.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 04:33 AM
This will be my last post with you. Your just a Lebron homer who would have been all over him no matter where he went. To me that is a band wagoner and not a true fan. So go ahead.

and :laugh2: I don't get the Ron Artest reference. But to answer you, I think he is just as happy as me. You know, he joined a winning franchise, and we accept nothing but victory here. You hear me? :eyebrow:

So why can Ron Artest join the NBA champs and that's okay, but LBJ joins a team that just got dog walked in the 1st round and he's taking the easy way out? :rolleyes:

And yes, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a LeBron James fan. I have no hometown team to root for and players switch teams so often. You tell me who I should root for... I'm gonna root for the kid from Akron, a city where I spent much of my childhood. And he happens to be playing for one of the teams that I like anyway. A team that plays in the state I currently live in. So yes, I'll be rooting for LeBron James and the Miami Heat. Not Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat, LeBron James and the Miami Heat. Doesn't please you? Who cares? I sure don't!

_KB24_
07-09-2010, 07:43 PM
So why can Ron Artest join the NBA champs and that's okay, but LBJ joins a team that just got dog walked in the 1st round and he's taking the easy way out? :rolleyes:

And yes, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a LeBron James fan. I have no hometown team to root for and players switch teams so often. You tell me who I should root for... I'm gonna root for the kid from Akron, a city where I spent much of my childhood. And he happens to be playing for one of the teams that I like anyway. A team that plays in the state I currently live in. So yes, I'll be rooting for LeBron James and the Miami Heat. Not Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat, LeBron James and the Miami Heat. Doesn't please you? Who cares? I sure don't!

Just stop, your making a fool of yourself. If your going to compare the Ron move to LA to Bron in Miami, well shame on you for being a James fan. Artest was far from his prime when he joined in LA and even if he did, Artest isn't a superstar like Lebron. Artest's legacy did not take a hit by joining LA and winning a title, it actually helped his. Lebron going down to Miami is pathetic. To be the best, you have to beat the best, not join the best :laugh2:

Listen to what Otis Smith just said today along with Mark Cuban......
"I guess Lebron doesn't fancy competeition..... :laugh: