PDA

View Full Version : LeBron chooses Miami

spreadeagle
07-09-2010, 01:10 AM
================================================== =================
(edit - made a new thread because the other one got too long - denbutsu)
================================================== =================

--------------original post---------------------
----------------------------------
Is Lebron the new Scottie Pippen?

"He went to bed a baby MJ and woke up Scottie Pippen"..If your wondering why Pippen is a top TT on Twitter,No hes not dead and its not because of his money troubles.Apperently LBJ is the Pippen to DWade's Jordan...What a weird day lol http://twitter.com/#search?q=Scottie%20Pippen

DenButsu
07-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Other thread got too long. Please continue here.

LA_Raiders
07-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Pippen had class... And a hell of a Defence

majestic
yea they are the poor man jordan-pippen combo with a third star bosh.. jordan didnt need a 3rd star to get rings haha.. im just glad lebron james will no longer be called the best player in the nba. weak *** lebron james

ldc62
Its on twitter so it must be true...

Sixerlover
07-09-2010, 01:13 AM
This is getting borderline silly. Are our memories so short that we forgot why teams were clearing their entire rosters for the "chance" at LeBron in the first place? He's no Pippen. A Wade / James combo on the wings cannot be compared to any wing duo in the history of the league. Simply let them be Wade / James.

SugeKnight
07-09-2010, 01:14 AM
why does everybody keep bringing up jordan-pippen? Wade is not jordan, lebron is not pippen, bosh is not rodman. they are different people

DenButsu
07-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Sorry! This one should work.

tr4shb0t
07-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Lmao

edit: Hahahahahahahahahahahah

gbpackers12
07-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Come on..

blastmasta26
Not saying he is, but I had a similar thought when I heard him pick the Heat. Wade has proven he can win and Miami is his team, LeBron is coming to Wade's city as a guy that needs Wade to win titles. Maybe the comparison isn't there, but the comparison to MJ is definitely gone now.

Tragedy
Still can't believe it. I'm one of the ones that did NOT believe that one team would actually get to sign all three. This is good for the NBA, no doubt.

DenButsu
07-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Sorry for the thread mixups, guys, my bad, I merged one the wrong way. :o

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Silly Den. :pity:

iggypop123
07-09-2010, 01:19 AM
http://i30.tinypic.com/2wfs5cn.png

still1ballin
07-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Den is such a silly willy

Buckwheat
07-09-2010, 01:20 AM
let me just get this on the first page...

**** you lebron

spreadeagle
07-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Its on twitter so it must be true...

just a silly thread man,pretty rough day for alot of fans :rolleyes:

still1ballin
07-09-2010, 01:23 AM

**** you lebron

+1

Mr.Davidoo
07-09-2010, 01:25 AM
guys dont compare lebron to pippen

PIPPEN WON 6 NBA CHAMPS...!
LEBRON NOTHING....!

HAHAHA HE NEED A SUPERSTAR LIKE WADE AND BOSH TO DO IT SO....

WEAK.... CAVS GIVE HIM WANT HE WANTS THERE BUT STILL NO RINGS...!

Melo15
07-09-2010, 01:25 AM

**** you lebron

It's on the second one :mad:

But I still agree with what you said :clap:

R cool J
07-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Hahahahahahahahhaha imma edit this

Lebron slept dreaming to be Michael Jordan...woke up as Scottie Pippen...smh.

Lebron slept dreaming to be Michael Jordan...woke up as John Stockton...smh.

i forgot Pippen has rings...lol

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Is last years WS title more Jeters, or ARods? Same Principle

Its Wades team, and Wades title should they win, which isnt guaranteed (see Baylor and West). Sure LeBron will get a piece of the pie, and maybe Bosh might have the opportunity to look at the trophy for no longer than 3 seconds if he passes the ball to Wade more than LeBron.

LeBron will realize he made a mistake should Wade lift the trophy over his head while LeBron waits for his turn. Sure he'll have his title, but it wouldnt be the same as if he had won in Cleveland, NY, NJ, Chi, or even the LAC. Its no different than turning force trades on in nba live, and winning a title with the all star team. A title is a title, but its not really impressive

And i dont get how this is good for basketball, yet the Yankees are awful for baseball. Both are legal procedures, the Heat just used their advantages to lure him and Bosh in, as the Yankees do with FAs. And a team with 3/5 (2 of which were "bought")of your team being superstars is much different than 7/25

Melo15
07-09-2010, 01:31 AM
BREAKING NEWS....Apple is releasing a special edition LeBron James Iphone...It only vibrates because it has NO RINGS!!!

:rimshot:

Switch
07-09-2010, 01:33 AM
BREAKING NEWS....Apple is releasing a special edition LeBron James Iphone...It only vibrates because it has NO RINGS!!!

:laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2010, 01:33 AM
I just can't wait to the next season, lebron play in Ohio with Heat:laugh:

I hope they lose to boston or orlando, they would be bashed to death, a disaster waiting to happen

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2010, 01:36 AM

**** you lebron

it's in 2nd page:facepalm:

21DAVID52
07-09-2010, 01:53 AM
LeBron James is now Scottie Pippen

Super.
07-09-2010, 02:05 AM
LeBron's a /K/oward

B.JenningsMVP
07-09-2010, 02:06 AM
When Miami plays @ Clev. next year LeBron's gonna make an "elbow excuse" and sit out the game..

tredigs
07-09-2010, 02:16 AM
If the Finals is Miami vs. the Lakers -- I will not watch. In fact, if the Thunder don't make the finals, I will not be watching the NBA. **** Lebron, and **** the NBA. What a pathetic piece of ****.

OT Thriller
07-09-2010, 02:21 AM
I am just saying the LeBron James El Heat jerseys are going to sell like crazy!

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-09-2010, 02:24 AM
I hope the NBA wont be as competitive as some of you make it out to be. We still have to play the games to win. As a Heat fan, I (and im sure a lot of my fellow Heat fans) know this wont be handed to us. In fact, we arent even the favorites. Every team are going to be going at us like we are 3 time defending champions. Besides the obvious teams that can beat us like the Lakers, Magic, and the Celtics there are a BUNCH of teams that will make it competitive. The Bulls, Thunder, Nuggets, Spurs, Hawks, Mavs, Bucks, and Rockets can and probably will beat us on some nights.

I would happy another super power was born today. Its always been the Lakers. Every year at the beginning of the year we make our prediction of the champions and its always the Lakers, and deservedly so. Now we have something to talk about.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 02:37 AM
hey guys, i think now this is the perfect time to post this video that describes lebron, and/or cavs fans/nba fans/stern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dlM3sHiMT0

LayZbone
07-09-2010, 02:44 AM
hey guys, i think now this is the perfect time to post this video that describes lebron, and/or cavs fans/nba fans/stern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dlM3sHiMT0

lol thats great...darkside ftw

JNA17
07-09-2010, 02:52 AM
lol thats great...darkside ftw

yeah now i think obi-wan would be dan gilbert and anikan is lebron. Although i find it weird that dan gilbert would win.....idk just go along with it anyway lol.

If someone could replace their heads with the names i mentioned that would be great and hilarious :laugh:

LayZbone
07-09-2010, 03:01 AM
yeah now i think obi-wan would be dan gilbert and anikan is lebron. Although i find it weird that dan gilbert would win.....idk just go along with it anyway lol.

If someone could replace their heads with the names i mentioned that would be great and hilarious :laugh:

yeah lol, its all about what obi-wan is saying. "you were supposed to be the chosen one! it was said that you would destroy the sith, not join them! Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!"

Tymathee
07-09-2010, 03:30 AM
the decision made me throw up. Totally gay. But whatever, they're going to be filled with scrubs around them, not a full roster. The Lakers are still the team to beat cuz uhh, we've got a real coach, not Kevin Spolstra and we're the back to back champs. We beat the old big 3 in boston, the 2x DPOY in Dwight howard, what more do we need to do to be respected?

JNA17
07-09-2010, 03:35 AM
the decision made me throw up. Totally gay. But whatever, they're going to be filled with scrubs around them, not a full roster. The Lakers are still the team to beat cuz uhh, we've got a real coach, not Kevin Spolstra and we're the back to back champs. We beat the old big 3 in boston, the 2x DPOY in Dwight howard, what more do we need to do to be respected?

apparently win against the heat

JNA17
07-09-2010, 03:35 AM
yeah lol, its all about what obi-wan is saying. "you were supposed to be the chosen one! it was said that you would destroy the sith, not join them! Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!"

:laugh2: yeah i thought that part was golden.

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 03:49 AM
I keep reading people say that Lberon joing forced with Wade and Bosh is the easiest path towards a title for lebron but I disagree. If you looked at all the teams people speculated him going to this is how would rank the from the worst to the best

1.Knicks
2.Nets
3.Cavs
4.Heat
5.Bulls

with Lebron, I would easily argue that the Bulls would have had a better rounded roster for a title than the Heat..the only difference is that lebron and Wade as individual players are better than any of the others like Boozer and Bosh. To me, the big difference is that Lebron and Wade are very close so he chose them. If Bosh would have been traded to the cavs, Lebron would still be on the Cavs w/o question. I would even say that had the cavs got Amare last season and resigned with the Cavs this year, Lebron would also still be there. Basically lebron wanted a true "1 level/tier" franchise player/sidekick.

All in all, the MImai choice was the second easiest way towards a title for Lebron with Chicago beeing number one.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Truth, very correct. Bulls made too much sense. He would have been the big superstar, but no doubt the overall team would have been better than Miami.

But shhh, don't say smart things like this. People just need to find reasons to be mad at James.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 03:56 AM
I agree it's not the "easy way." In fact, I doubt very highly they win it this year (which will of course draw more criticism and LeBron hatism). The Heat are missing a lot of pieces and while they have built a very strong foundation, they are still rebuilding. It wouldn't shock me if this team failed to even win the East. But patience is a virtue and their time will come.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 03:57 AM
so i guess the guy that leaked the news from twitter was right. I guess he really is the trust worthy sports reporter right......or is he just the luckiest son of a ***** ever to get it right?

NYK_kidd77
07-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Actually Stephen a was right lol.

Draco
07-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Chad Ford twitter

Congrats to @stephenasmith, @TrueHoop, @alanhahn and @Chris_Broussard. These guys had it.

Kyben36
07-09-2010, 03:59 AM
better rounded fine, but not more tallented, Lebron sold out "SOLD OUT" himself by going to miami. He can no longer be considered the best ever, because he isnt even going to be considered teh best on his team, He could have gone anywhere else with bosh, NY, Chicago, NY, instead, he sold out. also, he betrayed everyone in CLE who went to see him, every fan that made that team ahve the highest atendance in the NBA.

The Dream
Hahn is a writer for the Knicks. has a reputation for being wrong most of the time but hes been good this offseason. think he broke the amar'e signing as well

bholly
So? People would've said a move to Chicago was taking the easy way out as well. What they're arguing is that both are definitely easier than staying and winning one for himself in Cleveland, not which is easiest relative to the other.
I mean, the people who are thinking straight are saying that - most people are just yelling things out.

Edit: this was a response to OP, not the posters above me.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Chad Ford twitter

first of all CB had the bulls the whole time until just 3 days ago he changes his mind, to me he's just a flip flopper.

As much as i love SAS, he did the same thing. One min he went with the Knicks, then another day later, he went with the Heat.

just my 2 cents i guess

redwhitenblue
Chad Ford twitter
Yeah, I feel SAS just took a possibility early and ran with it, there's nothing to lose if right or wrong. He might get poked fun at for 2-3 days, but then it gets forgotten. I think late in the decision, people took the Wade/Bosh signing and ran with it for Lebron.

I still don't see anyone who would've leaked this, Lebron would've been ridiculously upset since he was trying to keep this tight-lipped.

dongmool
alahan has always been trustworthy.
As a Knicks' fan, I respect him.

DreamShaker
07-09-2010, 04:06 AM
This age of instant media has made everyone far too hasty in every observation...why do we have to compare everything that happens to something in the past? Why does Kobe have to be compared every ten seconds to MJ? Why does every decent white guy have to be compared to Bird? Why does Lebron become Pippen because he has a guy just as good as he is on his team? Just let it play out...it's the most interesting thing that has gone down in the NBA in awhile.

ldc62
07-09-2010, 04:09 AM
I thought him and Bosh to Chicago would've given them a dynasty for the next 8 years.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Well I'm out i guess. What a night lol. I'll end it with a full congratulations to the Heat for not only resigning wade, but signing wade and lebron in a matter of 2 days :laugh2: . That's pretty insane. And i honestly can not wait for the Lakers vs Heat, at least....i hope the heat make it there :D. But anyway, Pat Riley, great job

marlinsfan24
07-09-2010, 04:15 AM
Wouldn't the easy way out be for Lebron to stay in his hometown and win a championship for his team. Wouldn't it have been easier for him to stay home and not leave his comfort area?

DreamShaker
07-09-2010, 04:15 AM

Kevin Spolstra...lol.

But I don't think anyone is forgetting the Lakers...but to be fair they were a 1st place team that got Pau Gasol for nothing...and then got Ron Artest...the Lakers are freaking loaded...can't hate on the Heat for loading up the guns against the super teams like the Celts and Lakers that did basically the same thing...

Venomous88
07-09-2010, 04:37 AM
The biggest losers in this signing

Byron Scott: Taking the risk to convince James to return to Cleveland, follow him at his camps, and now is stuck with a mediocre team which will lead to an inevitable firing.

Cavs Franchise: Self-Explanatory

Amar'e Stoudemire: Left a WCF team that took the Lakers to six games for a scrub team with no PG with the risk of convincing LeBron to the Knicks. Called LeBron and didn't get a call back and now is left in the shadow of player who never even wore a Knicks jersey.

Jerseyball
07-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Anybody that thinks so highly of themselves to call themselves "King", and then to have a prime time special to announce where they are going aren't needed, IMO.
http://www.canada-jerseys.com/NBA-Jerseys (http://www.canada-jerseys.com/NBA-Jerseys/Miami-Heat/)

Jerseyball
07-09-2010, 05:04 AM
LeBron James wanted to play with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The only place that could happen was Miami.

Get ready, NBA: A superstar trio is born.

Ending weeks of silence and drama, the two-time MVP said tonight on his ESPN special from Greenwich, Conn., that he's decided to join the Miami Heat and leave the Cleveland Cavaliers after an unsuccessful seven-year quest for the championship he covets.

"I can't say it was always in my plans, because I never thought it was possible," James said. "But the things that the Miami Heat franchise have done, to free up cap space and be able to put themselves in a position this summer to have all three of us, it was hard to turn down. Those are two great players, two of the greatest players that we have in this game today."

Olympic teammates in Beijing, James, Bosh and Wade all helped deliver gold medals.

This time, it'll be about a gold trophy, the NBA championship one -- the one Wade got in 2006, the one that James and Bosh have yet to touch.

"Winning is a huge thing for me," James said.

It's a huge victory for the Heat, who got commitments from Wade and Bosh yesterday. That duo, along with James, formed the upper echelon of the most-celebrated free-agent period in league history.

Heat president Pat Riley landed them all, a three-pack of stars to help shape his quest for a dynasty in Miami.

And for Cleveland, a city scorned for generations by some of sports' biggest letdowns, James' long-awaited words represented a defeat perhaps unlike any other.

James is gone. Home sweet home no more.

He said he made the decision Thursday morning and knows it won't go over well in Ohio.

"They can have mixed emotions, of course," James said, adding that Akron will "always be home for me."

His new home - part-time or otherwise - wasted no time in beginning the celebration. Horns honked outside the arena and on Miami Beach, where Wade was watching the announcement with members of his inner circle.

"It's going to be crazy," Wade said.

James, Bosh and Wade entered the pros in the same year, the respective Nos. 1, 4 and 5 picks in the 2003 draft. They went their separate ways: James to Cleveland, Bosh to Toronto and Wade to Miami, where he won a championship partnered with center Shaquille O'Neal in 2006. That year, James, Bosh and Wade all signed matching contracts to make sure they were all unrestricted free agents at the same time.

Season-ticket sales for the Heat's coming 41-game season were suspended Thursday afternoon after the entire supply of available seats were sold out. Not every seat has been released for sale yet and some will be held back for single-game purchases at the 19,600-capacity arena.

"I'll believe it when I see it," Louisville coach Rick Pitino said while attending a tournament of high school stars at Cleveland State University, co-sponsored by James and Nike, one of the 25-year-old's corporate partners.

Believe it.

The Cavaliers, a franchise that was in ruins before winning a lottery drawing and bringing James up Interstate 77 from his Akron home, have had the upper hand - until now. They were able to offer him more money - $30 million more - than any other team.

This wasn't about money, though.

Wade and Bosh both said they would take fewer dollars to make this happen. And that, combined with what Riley and Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said to James on the recruiting tour, was enough to pull off the stunner.

Because they have overspent while trying to please James and win the first title by any of Cleveland's three pro sports teams since 1964, the Cavs are strapped with a few big contracts that have eaten up salary-cap space and prevented them from making roster moves to improve the team.

They've come close to winning it all with James, who at 6-foot-8 and 260 pounds has the quickness of a point guard and brute force of an NFL defensive lineman.

With the possible exception of Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, James is the NBA's premier player, but his legacy cannot be fulfilled until he wins a championship.

If it's going to happen soon, it'll happen in Miami.
http://www.canada-jerseys.com/NBA-Jerseys/Miami-Heat/

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 05:19 AM
better rounded fine, but not more tallented,

I disagree. The Bulls team without bron >>> The heat w/o Lebron. The Bulls with Lebron would have easily bee the best team in the East without question. People forget the Cavs team from the past 2 season are a 60 win team. their downfall was that Lberon is the only franchise player on the team and with no true "1b" type of player, they were doomed to fail.

Lebron sold out "SOLD OUT" himself by going to miami. He can no longer be considered the best ever, because he isnt even going to be considered teh best on his team,

Bron is quite easily the most dominant single player in the game but he's clearly willing to sacrifice his stats to go play with wade and Bosh.

He could have gone anywhere else with bosh, NY, Chicago, NY, instead,

No he couldn't because Bosh went to Miami....:facepalm:

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 05:22 AM
So? People would've said a move to Chicago was taking the easy way out as well. What they're arguing is that both are definitely easier than staying and winning one for himself in Cleveland, not which is easiest relative to the other.
I mean, the people who are thinking straight are saying that - most people are just yelling things out.

Edit: this was a response to OP, not the posters above me.

No, I see most critics of the move only hating on it because he went to Miami and they think this is an easier path to a title than if he joined the Bulls. People think it's not right that wade, bron and Bosh are all playing for the same team.

ARMIN12NBA
07-09-2010, 05:23 AM
ďItís all about competing, about trying to be the best. Itís also important to me to make the team Iím on now the best. I donít want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team thatís already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like weíre on our way.Ē

Interesting. It is like he jinxed himself and became what he didn't want to become. :laugh2:

ARMIN12NBA
07-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Truth, very correct. Bulls made too much sense. He would have been the big superstar, but no doubt the overall team would have been better than Miami.

But shhh, don't say smart things like this. People just need to find reasons to be mad at James.

Jordan's shadow looms way, way too large. Every championship would have simply been the countdown until he reached 6. That kind of pressure and inevitable failure would not be fun and Lebron fully recognized it.

TheGsw
07-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Lmao

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Lmao

The Raven
07-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Well there you have it. Pinche flip flopper

The Raven
07-09-2010, 05:33 AM
I believe Stephen A. had it first

kArSoN RyDaH
07-09-2010, 05:36 AM
figures. hahahaha.

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 05:36 AM
All the haters are going to eat so much crow soon :D

When Shaq came to Miami I saw the same sounds, the same type of people trying to downplay it. After a while now when the reality of the quality of this team will really sink in with people the might still talk poop, but secretly they'll be damn scared.

Kyben36
07-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Prick. and I hear he has a tatoo of Loyaly.

DodgerBulls
07-09-2010, 05:40 AM
Lmao

I'm curious about ur sig, wth happened to him? Haven't listened to him since back in HS.

jbeezy
07-09-2010, 05:40 AM
:laugh2:

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Is anyone going to get the new Lebron iphone?? Only problem is that it only vibrates cause it has no ring. :rimshot:

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 05:48 AM
Ric Bucher looks like a complete tool now after Tweeting yesterday that he spoke to all the league HQ people, other teams' officials, etc, and there was concensus that it wasn't going to be Miami :facepalm:

surf and turf
07-09-2010, 08:19 AM
The Cavs owner was right, this was cowardly. I lost all respect for James. When his AAU team lost in the Championship game did he move to the team that beat him. No he worked harder and eventually won the trophy he wanted. How can winning a ring in this manner satisfy him?This has never happened when talking about such a high profile player. He had a chance to truly bring the NBA back to glory . By going to the knicks it would have made Chicago, NY,Boston,Miami, and Orlando all contenders and would have made the Eastern playoffs one for the ages. But James pooped the bed. He has admitted he cannot be the focal point. He proved Skip Bayless right.

h2r09
07-09-2010, 08:37 AM
The Cavs owner was right, this was cowardly. I lost all respect for James. When his AAU team lost in the Championship game did he move to the team that beat him. No he worked harder and eventually won the trophy he wanted. How can winning a ring in this manner satisfy him?This has never happened when talking about such a high profile player. He had a chance to truly bring the NBA back to glory . By going to the knicks it would have made Chicago, NY,Boston,Miami, and Orlando all contenders and would have made the Eastern playoffs one for the ages. But James pooped the bed. He has admitted he cannot be the focal point. He proved Skip Bayless right.

so he is cowardly and he pooped the bed by going to the best situation to help him win AND by taking less money? why do people think he has some sort of right to go to a team that doesnt put him in the best position to win a championship?

and once again, lebron doesnt give a **** about what you think of him or his "legacy", he just wants to win and play with his best friends.

janaya7987
07-09-2010, 09:00 AM
You really need to go to cleveland.com. this is the website for the local papaer in cleveland. they opened a comment section so fans could post a good luck and best wishes message. they said they will print them in a special section in today's paper. I don't think they are going to print that section now.

I feel for them in cleveland. i am the biggest spurs fan and i know twice we had to go through this. once with Big D (David) and once when timmy was courted by the magic. We came out good in both of the situations and couldn't begin to imagine what would have happened if either of them left. I don't think, or better I know we would not have won those champiionships.

Both of our franchise players have made an impact that reaches well beyond the game, for our city. them staying with the team created more success in the city than they will ever know. they not only helped in building our San Antonio Spurs, but they helped in building our city into one of the best places in the world to live. I firmly believe this in my heart of hearts. If David Robinson would have left, it would have created a huge hole in the city's entire make up and if Tim Duncan would have left it would have been very difficult to keep the momentum going.

Sometimes your team is fortunate enough to land a caliber of player that will not only lift your organization up, but lift your city up as well. We were fortunate to have two in a lifetime. I know the people of Cleveland wish they still had their's.

Good luck Cleveland and best wishes LBJ.

SPURS WIN 5TH TITLE!!!! - KEEPING THE FAITH

fanofclendennon
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Lebron stole a city's heart last night in much the same fashion that Walter O'Mally stole Brooklyn's when he moved the Dodgers to Los Angeles following the 1957 season.

Cleveland has nothing now. And unless I'm mistaken, the balance of power in the NBA is so lopsided that the league is in serious jeopardy of becoming irrelevant. And all this for a city that really could care less about basketball.

kriviant
07-09-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't know who's more dramatic...

LeBron with all this free agency hoopla or the posters on the PSD boards... :rolleyes:

MavsUCCB
07-09-2010, 10:18 AM
This team will be sick.......
on NBA Jam on Wii this fall

as for the five no five game and best of seven's against team with depth......

GrinderBall41
07-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Wade and Bosh roofied the NBA, and Lebron date-raped the **** out of it.

bleedjetgreen
07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I have officially seen everything in sports, what a debacle by King James. That was by far the most stupidest thing i've seen to have a 1 hr special on his announcement...I mean really????? For an encore i'm sure the cheese ball will have a pay per view event to announce his next team!!! He showed he feels he is bigger than the game and the dumb media for eating it up! Lebron you never won **** and you bailed on cleveland cause you couldn't win it for them. You are no jordan and will never be and p.s it is so evident that you try and act like him with your mannerisms when interviewing, your pathetic and need to humble yourself jack ***!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Barrio
07-09-2010, 11:16 AM
there you have it! a liar and a scumbag....so much for playing closer to his kids as he once said. You are better knowing now Cleveland!

Young2Kinsler
07-09-2010, 11:21 AM
LMAO I find it utterly unfitting that ESPN is playing the song "Not Afraid" showing LeBron highlights. It's quite the opposite. This guy was too cowardly and scared to make a decision on where he was going to play without fueling an already chaotic media circus. What a piss poor, selfish, egomaniacal *****.

jrm2054
07-09-2010, 11:23 AM
in be4 close

rampagefan20
07-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Now that all the "big fish" are taken noticed a few things

Lebron has no idea on what his new life is going to bring. He has more pressure on him more then ever to win a title. EVERYONE in Cleveland hates him. New York hates him, New Jersey hates him. Im not talking about BOOOs im talking about being hostile. Every loss will be like the sky is flling. If he doesnt win a ring it would be the biggest disappointment EVER in all sports by far.

Wade was the winner out of all these he got to stay i Miami and bring in Bosh and Lebron.

Next years Free agent class is bad for the next few year. Not a lot of huge players. Its bad for the NBA

Out of all this Amare is by far the biggest loser. hoping to bring players with him, he brought NO ONE. Hes no in Wades, Lebron or Boshs's little circle. He left the suns, he left Nash, the player that elevated his game more than any player.Chris Duhon cant even close replicate what Nash did. The Knicks got rid of Lee. Heck They dont even have Mcgrady any more.

How do you guys feel about how this played out

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Nobody North of Miami likes the guy. Oh well

goku
07-09-2010, 11:34 AM
cant wait for the game when he go back to cleveland

GrinderBall41
07-09-2010, 12:06 PM
If they dont win 3 straight including a 73+ win season, this is an epic fail.

MGB
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
interestingly enough, accordingly to Chris Broussard a major factor in LeBawls not choosing Chicago was that the Bulls were unwilling to hire his friends and let his "entourage" travel with the team. Good for Chicago and screw LBJ and his friends.

violetuniverse
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
interestingly enough, accordingly to Chris Broussard a major factor in LeBawls not choosing Chicago was that the Bulls were unwilling to hire his friends and let his "entourage" travel with the team. Good for Chicago and screw LBJ and his friends.

thats just what i thought exactly

Kush
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Let me first start off by saying your stupid.......first off name on nba team n tha history of the league that has won with just one star you must really be stupid to knock pippen...nd so wuht about bosh is he good yea bbuht he aint great so hes juz another player...all you ****in ***** are just scared of change

LakersIn5
07-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Why the Lebron hate?
why are people hating on lebron? i hate lebron as hell before but after what he did he actually gained respect from me. before i thought what lebron only want was money and to pad his stats. but after his decision to go to miami he contradicted what i thought he was. he would have made more money with the cavs and knicks and would have better stats with the cavs,knicks,nets,bulls,clippers but instead he decide to choose the team which he thinks and i personally think where he has the biggest chance of winning a championship. people are saying that the heat wont be his team because its wade's team, that he wont be the man anymore, that he aint the king anymore because he went to wade's team and picked the team it would be easier for him to win the title. what he did was actually admirable he didnt care anymore if he was the man and if its his team, bottom line was he just wants to win the championship!

like what rick kamla said during the jazz-sixers summer league game lebron is a smart guy. because he didnt do what guys like garnett,malone and drexler did which was to spend all those years with their first teams because of loyalty and more money and it was just late in their careers that they realized that its time for them to look for the best chance of winning the championship. KG left minny for the celtics and he won a title, drexler went to houston and won, and malone went to LA though he didnt win a title it was still the best chance for him to win one. kamla said that lebron was smart to say to himself. i now have the money i have already showed my talent and its now time for me to choose the best situation for me to win the championship.

i wanted to lebron to go to new york because i want to see him pad his stats under mike dantoni and i would like to see him play under a run and gun offense. and i thought he was going to choose the knicks cuz of the money because that was what i thought he was a money and stat whoar but after he decision my prespective of him really changed for the better.

im actually rooting for the heat to make the finals but lose to my lakers... but i would also want the big 3 in miami to win a championship so maybe after the lakers 3peat

MGB
07-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Let me first start off by saying your stupid.......first off name on nba team n tha history of the league that has won with just one star you must really be stupid to knock pippen...nd so wuht about bosh is he good yea bbuht he aint great so hes juz another player...all you ****in ***** are just scared of change

Edumacation. It's a great thing. (http://a5.vox.com/6a00d4143afd393c7f01101603ff75860b-500pi)

streetballa
07-09-2010, 01:34 PM

It could just be my opinion but....

Calling people stupid then not using proper English in your rant kind of makes you appear stupid, just saying.

DaMonStarz
07-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I cant say I am happy with his decision but whatever.. I was watching them talk about his decision on KNL tho and they did bring up a good point.. By signing with the heat he is admitting that he doesn't think he can bring a team to the championships on his own.. http://video.msg.com/Home/KNL-Discusses-LeBron-s-Decision-7-8

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
There are sports impressions that never fade. Your first baseball game. Your kid's first Little League hit. Your first meeting with supposed superstars.

Watching that LeBron James "Hey Everybody, Look At Me" nonsense Thursday reminded me of my first meetings with two of the NBA's all-timers, Magic Johnson and LeBron. Suffice to say each provided lasting impressions that have not changed.

It's in the past longer than I care to admit or even remember but in my first year of covering an NBA beat full-time Ė it was the Nets -- my then-editor asked me to talk to Magic for a story. The Nets, being the Nets, were not nearly as interesting as this guy with the memorable smile. We were in Los Angeles and the Lakers PR staff told me to get to the Forum by something like 10:45, I could talk to him after the morning workout.

Three wrong turns later, I pulled into the Forum parking lot about 11:20, wondering how my new career in the exciting world of Encyclopedia sales would go. As I rushed to the entrance, I saw this guy trudging up the ramp of the Forum. It was Magic.

Now remember, this guy was "Magic," already a legend with several title rings. I was some guy from a New York paper who had been covering cops and baseball players forever, a guy he didn't know from Adam. I clumsily introduced myself with an apology, figuring he would give me the baseball player brush-off. I expected the worst.

What I got was the most memorable hour-plus I have ever spent with an athlete. Magic could not have been more gracious. He treated me as if I were an old friend. He stood and talked and talked to me for 70-plus minutes in the parking lot. I jotted down what I could and, I admit it, I was completely captivated by this guy who explained this, answered that and never stopped smiling or made me feel like a fairly young reporter twit.

Never did I feel worse for an athlete than on the day when Magic made his fateful HIV announcement. This is a man you can't help but like. Every time I see him to this day, he recognizes the face (he doesnít know the name, which is fine Ė better that than Charles Barkley arguing with me that my name is "Frank") and is as gracious and kind and helpful as he was in the Forum parking lot a quarter century ago.

Now my meeting with LeBron.

I had come back to covering the Nets after the Pitino Knicks and the Riley Knicks. And in 2003-04, the next great thing, LeBron James entered the league. I remember asking Rod Thorn during LeBron's high school senior year if this guy was indeed worth all the hype. After marveling at James' NBA-ready body, Thorn said simply, "Oh, yeah."

So LeBron did this and did that and everybody was amazed. Then in late March against the Nets, he became the youngest player to score 40 points in a game when he slapped the Nets for 41. As I recall, he won the game in the closing minute-plus. Made a basket. A steal. A dunk. A rebound. An assist. Incredible finish stuff.

So I went down to the Nets locker room and the Nets said all the right things. Then I went to the Cavs locker room a little late. LeBron was still at his locker stall, surrounded by friends. I went up and introduced myself (far more authoritatively then I did with Magic, by the way as I was a full blown, jaded reporter by then). LeBron held up his hand.

"LeBron has spoken. LeBron is finished."

I was stunned. I hadn't really heard anyone talk in the third person since Ricky Henderson, especially when "Ricky's hammy hurts."

As I turned away, I mumbled "Fred thinks LeBron's a (bleep)." I don't know if he heard me or not. I didnít care.

To be fair, LeBron was far better in subsequent settings but I always remember the first meeting with him. And after watching Thursday night, my opinion hasn't changed.

Fred still thinks Magic is great and that LeBron is a (bleep). http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/netsblog/magic_and_lebron_p6aMCpSRcpqMQ18KgrJrlI

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
If they dont win 3 straight including a 73+ win season, this is an epic fail.
LOL, REALLY? The only way this isn't an "epic fail" (hate that ****ing tag line) is if they have the best season ever, and win 3 straight? Why?

So, if they win 3 of the next 5, or 4 of the next 6 or so, that's not good enough? Makes sense.

Fact is, they need to win titles. If they do that, they've accomplished their goals. They won't care if you think it'll be an "epic fail".

borat
07-09-2010, 03:46 PM
How many times did Lebron refer to himself as Lebron? :laugh:

Also i see he posted on his twitter that it is time to make history. History? How about starting with winning one championship first?

Dallas Tx4Life
07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsWQ1OAB564

peep my video in response to all the negative feedback and hate that lebron is getting

Dallas Tx4Life
07-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Why the Lebron hate?
why are people hating on lebron? i hate lebron as hell before but after what he did he actually gained respect from me. before i thought what lebron only want was money and to pad his stats. but after his decision to go to miami he contradicted what i thought he was. he would have made more money with the cavs and knicks and would have better stats with the cavs,knicks,nets,bulls,clippers but instead he decide to choose the team which he thinks and i personally think where he has the biggest chance of winning a championship. people are saying that the heat wont be his team because its wade's team, that he wont be the man anymore, that he aint the king anymore because he went to wade's team and picked the team it would be easier for him to win the title. what he did was actually admirable he didnt care anymore if he was the man and if its his team, bottom line was he just wants to win the championship!

like what rick kamla said during the jazz-sixers summer league game lebron is a smart guy. because he didnt do what guys like garnett,malone and drexler did which was to spend all those years with their first teams because of loyalty and more money and it was just late in their careers that they realized that its time for them to look for the best chance of winning the championship. KG left minny for the celtics and he won a title, drexler went to houston and won, and malone went to LA though he didnt win a title it was still the best chance for him to win one. kamla said that lebron was smart to say to himself. i now have the money i have already showed my talent and its now time for me to choose the best situation for me to win the championship.

i wanted to lebron to go to new york because i want to see him pad his stats under mike dantoni and i would like to see him play under a run and gun offense. and i thought he was going to choose the knicks cuz of the money because that was what i thought he was a money and stat whoar but after he decision my prespective of him really changed for the better.

im actually rooting for the heat to make the finals but lose to my lakers... but i would also want the big 3 in miami to win a championship so maybe after the lakers 3peat

GREAT POINTS, its ridiculous how much hate he's been catching

borat
07-09-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsWQ1OAB564

peep my video in response to all the negative feedback and hate that lebron is getting

A video made by you to defend Lebron? you shamelessly posting the link here to get more views and comments to feed your ego?

very ironic and acutally very fitting

borat
07-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Oh and of course a guy living in Dallas wearing a Bron Jersey. Sorta like Bron with the NY gear. Of course you relate to Lebron. :laugh:

bulldog2683
07-09-2010, 04:54 PM
As soon as I heard him Miami, the song "Let the Bass Kick in Miami" rung through my head haha. Had to make a shirt for it, it's lame my friends who are Lebron or Heat fans liked it.

http://www.zazzle.com/kings_in_miami_crown_tshirt-235904808438830496?rf=238788835790088728&CMPN=zBookmarklet

Lebron lost a lot of fans yesterday. Oh well, now he will know how it is to be most loved/hated just like Kobe. Can't wait for the upcoming season.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Oh and of course a guy living in Dallas wearing a Bron Jersey. Sorta like Bron with the NY gear. Of course you relate to Lebron. :laugh:

im curious as to people's opinions and wondering why all the hate.... and what does it matter that i live in dallas???? im not a dirk fan, im a lebron fan. where im from means nothing... so there can't be ANY lebron jersey's worn internationally then? since people from mexico or europe or anywhere for that matter are what... "bandwagoners" in your opinion? shut your mouth and try and learn something before you speak BORAT

borat
07-09-2010, 05:00 PM
im curious as to people's opinions and wondering why all the hate.... and what does it matter that i live in dallas???? im not a dirk fan, im a lebron fan. where im from means nothing... so there can't be ANY lebron jersey's worn internationally then? since people from mexico or europe or anywhere for that matter are what... "bandwagoners" in your opinion? shut your mouth and try and learn something before you speak BORAT

Last i checked there aren't any nba teams in mexico or europe. :facepalm:

bulldog2683
07-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Last i checked there aren't any nba teams in mexico or europe. :facepalm:

lol

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Guess who found out where Lebron signs? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBHybE8dCQ)

sventhedog
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
i'm probably a bit surprised he chose miami. but to those who are heartbroken now because of lebron's decision -- seriously, what else do you expect from a clown? stay with the cavs and win a ring?

lebron fans. he's the king, right? lol.

bogdanrom
07-09-2010, 06:35 PM
so he is cowardly and he pooped the bed by going to the best situation to help him win AND by taking less money? why do people think he has some sort of right to go to a team that doesnt put him in the best position to win a championship?

and once again, lebron doesnt give a **** about what you think of him or his "legacy", he just wants to win and play with his best friends.

He is a coward. He could stand face to face with Dan Gilbert and say that he's sorry but he will be leaving to join the Heat. Instead he avoided contact with him and had one of his boys call him up and tell him. That's cowardly.

You can't really say that the Heat is the best situation right now. Sure they have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh, but they also have very little room for improvement. Now or in the future. Remember their contracts increase every year.

He also did not really take less money. Due to Florida state tax he the money he will actually receive will be just about if he sign a max contract with Cleveland. So taking less money is BS. Plus like 2 or 3 million dollars really makes a difference for a guy who received a $90 million shoe deal before he stepped unto a NBA court.

This is not directed to you but more to general Heat fans. If DWade would have left to Chicago the same way Lebron did, and left this organization with just two players on their roster, Beasley and Chalmers, how would you have reacted?

h2r09
07-09-2010, 06:43 PM
He is a coward. He could stand face to face with Dan Gilbert and say that he's sorry but he will be leaving to join the Heat. Instead he avoided contact with him and had one of his boys call him up and tell him. That's cowardly.

You can't really say that the Heat is the best situation right now. Sure they have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh, but they also have very little room for improvement. Now or in the future. Remember their contracts increase every year.

He also did not really take less money. Due to Florida state tax he the money he will actually receive will be just about if he sign a max contract with Cleveland. So taking less money is BS. Plus like 2 or 3 million dollars really makes a difference for a guy who received a $90 million shoe deal before he stepped unto a NBA court.

and yes he did take less money. he took 30 million less over the course of the contract and a few million less this year for the sake of the team and winning. that kind of selflessness that we all crave for players to do should most defnitely be applauded. These guys just want to win,.
This is not directed to you but more to general Heat fans. If DWade would have left to Chicago the same way Lebron did, and left this organization with just two players on their roster, Beasley and Chalmers, how would you have reacted?

I wouldnt have been pissed at d wade, especially if he left to take less money and win. I respect what all of them have done and sacrificed just for the sake of winning. i dont think he handled it well but i think what theyall have done should be applauded for the selflessness, aside from the way lebron handled the press conference. i was screaming to my tv, just give them 1 tear lebron, just 1 tear.

bogdanrom
07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
I wouldnt have been pissed at d wade, especially if he left to take less money and win. I respect what all of them have done and sacrificed just for the sake of winning. i dont think he handled it well but i think what theyall have done should be applauded for the selflessness, aside from the way lebron handled the press conference. i was screaming to my tv, just give them 1 tear lebron, just 1 tear.

haha i was thinking the same too. He did look like he was going to cry. haha that would have been hilarious

h2r09
07-09-2010, 06:56 PM
haha i was thinking the same too. He did look like he was going to cry. haha that would have been hilarious

as hard as it is, i kinda felt bad for him. you could tell he felt so uncomfortable and he felt truly remorseful for leaving cleveland, but he knew it had to be done if he really wanted to win.

arkanian215
07-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I respect LeBron's decision to go to Miami and team up with Wade and Bosh. I don't respect how he did it.

ldc62
07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Did they just give each player the keys to the city???

bringinwood
07-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I respect LeBron's decision to go to Miami and team up with Wade and Bosh. I don't respect how he did it.

He was raising money for the Boys and Girls club...

I admire that...

The classlessness came from Dan Gilbert... LeBron saved this organization from sure relocation and he sends him off that way ???

mikedesi1004
07-09-2010, 09:24 PM

x2

JWO35
07-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Guys seem cocky...I think I'm turning into a (dare I say) hater?:mad:

WickedBadMan
07-09-2010, 09:32 PM

I admire that...

The classlessness came from Dan Gilbert... LeBron saved this organization from sure relocation and he sends him off that way ???

He could have just you know... donated his own money rather than advertising money from his **** show.

It's more like he was thinking, "Well if the money goes to charity people will overlook the fact I am making a huge *** out of myself."

bringinwood
07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
He could have just you know... donated his own money rather than advertising money from his **** show.

It's more like he was thinking, "Well if the money goes to charity people will overlook the fact I am making a huge *** out of myself."

What is the problem with ESPN coming to LeBron and saying, you wanna do a show on which team you're going to ???

If he says, gimme 100,000... He's a dbag...

If he markets the NBA, gives money to charity, and has everyone on the edge of their seats by the sheer intrigue.... What's the problem ???

We, as a society, watch more garbage on TV than any other nation in the world...

We watched GW Bush's state of the union... lmao

arkanian215
07-09-2010, 09:58 PM

I admire that...

I think if he could've raised money without "burning" his home state franchise on international tv. I realize it wasn't originally LeBron's or LeBron's people's idea to have this event (Jim Gray) (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/119161/index.html) but they could've said no. I guess Ohio would've felt scorned either way since his decision wasn't Cleveland.

As for Dan Gilbert, I don't know what his motives are. Is he going with the flow and succumbing to the mob mentality that erupted from LeBron's decision? Or was it a calculated move to say that the Cleveland Cavaliers are still a great, competitive franchise without the traitor, Please buy season tickets.

blastmasta26
07-09-2010, 11:21 PM
:puke:

GSW Hoops
07-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Those two men don't look like LeBron and Wade at all..

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Right Click & Save.

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 11:27 PM
:laugh: @ the Mod who didn't even click the thread and just moved it.

R_O_W_E
07-09-2010, 11:31 PM
in b4 this entire page gets deleted.

oak2455
07-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Is that Delonte West:)

oak2455
07-09-2010, 11:43 PM
We got moved!

post that in the Heat forum the 12 ppl will get pissed:eyebrow:

nithanyo
07-09-2010, 11:43 PM
I used to be a fan of Lebron. Ive only ever owned two nba player jerseys. Lebron and a2 bosh ones. In a matter of 24 hours i cant wear em nomore. I might still wear it to sleep in or at the gym lol

Anyways dissapointed in lebron. Saw it from bosh but i thought the man would stay in Ohio. Oh well, I hope the heat dont win the title as long as those guys are there. Id rather have the lakers threepeat than see those jokers celebrate a title.

Love him or hate atleast kobe stuck it out with one team(even though there were bumps). If you stick with one team you have alot better chance of being recongnized as a legend. dont see enough of that no more

oak2455
07-09-2010, 11:45 PM
I used to be a fan of Lebron. Ive only ever owned two nba player jerseys. Lebron and a2 bosh ones. In a matter of 24 hours i cant wear em nomore. I might still wear it to sleep in or at the gym lol

Anyways dissapointed in lebron. Saw it from bosh but i thought the man would stay in Ohio. Oh well, I hope the heat dont win the title as long as those guys are there. Id rather have the lakers threepeat than see those jokers celebrate a title.

Love him or hate atleast kobe stuck it out with one team(even though there were bumps). If you stick with one team you have alot better chance of being recongnized as a legend. dont see enough of that no more

Im A Knicks fan I will root for Russia before I want the Heat to win anything:D

ifhmondays
07-10-2010, 02:28 AM
Does this make the cavs mo williams team now?

ifhmondays
07-10-2010, 02:34 AM

94 houston rockets come to mind, outside of Hakeem no one really stands out as a star.

24/7 All Day
07-10-2010, 03:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100708

great article

In May, after the Cavs were ousted in the conference semifinals, I wrote that LeBron was facing one of the greatest sports decisions ever: "winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York)."

I never thought he would pick "HELP!"

nr19
07-10-2010, 03:38 AM
He could have left and not been so hated. All he had to do was have some class. Instead he makes a huge production out of his exit and stages his own 1 hour tv special(he went to ESPN not the other way around) to talk about himself in 3rd person and speak like a moron who didn't step foot in a college. I know he didn't but come on! 8th grade english teachers would be passing out listening to him destroy the english language one ''we is'' or ''gone be'' at a time.

If he would have had a more somber, respectful exit I wouldn't hate the guy. He had a right to leave and go wherever he wanted. The way he treated the teams he didn't sign with was pathetic. He knew where he was going and didn't tell those teams, he made them wait around and hang on his every word during a disaster of a tv show, for charity LOL. Yeah I'm glad those boys and girls got the money but if you honestly believe Lebron did that self appreciation hour for charity I have a bridge to nowhere I'd like to sell you.

It would have been better to show up in Miami today and do a regular presser just like every other athlete. He could have let the teams know and talked directly to the people of Cleveland and thanked them for the support. Instead he talks about the great moments he gave those lucky people. Ohhh those lucky folks that got to cheer for him and praise him and line his pockets.

He proved that he's an egomaniac and a piece of trash. He's immature, rude and classless. Now some people may not care about this and that's fine. If you still like Lebron that's fantastic. I can see why those Miami fans, who have been going to games dressed as red and yellow seats for a few years, would love him. They won out and have a great team and should win. That said, I don't have to respect those championships the same way I respect others. I don't have to respect the way this super group came together.

I just happen to expect a little bit of class and respect from my pro athletes. He showed none. Honestly, that's all I ask. Respect your fans, respect the sport.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-10-2010, 03:41 AM
94 houston rockets come to mind, outside of Hakeem no one really stands out as a star.

GREAT point no joke

effen5
07-10-2010, 10:04 AM

Wasn't Drex on that team? I mean you are right the rockets might have had one star but that team was verryyy good

Sam Cassell
Mario Elie
Kenny Smith
Vernon Maxwell

ifhmondays
07-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Wasn't Drex on that team? I mean you are right the rockets might have had one star but that team was verryyy good

Sam Cassell
Mario Elie
Kenny Smith
Vernon Maxwell

Drex was on the 95 championship team, but as far as winning a championship with having just one star on a team that might have been it.

effen5
07-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Drex was on the 95 championship team, but as far as winning a championship with having just one star on a team that might have been it.
I have to agree

dbroncsinmo
07-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Still can't believe it. I'm one of the ones that did NOT believe that one team would actually get to sign all three. This is good for the NBA, no doubt.

No. This is great for Miami and terrible for the NBA.

LeBron just made the NBA a joke.

Jack of Blades
07-11-2010, 02:01 AM

I hate to break this to you but the NBA has been a joke for a while.

-Big-Baby-
07-11-2010, 02:17 AM
This is getting borderline silly. Are our memories so short that we forgot why teams were clearing their entire rosters for the "chance" at LeBron in the first place? He's no Pippen. A Wade / James combo on the wings cannot be compared to any wing duo in the history of the league. Simply let them be Wade / James.

It is. But let them talk, in 10-20 years they will be legends. This is the best combo since Jordan, Pippen, Rodman... but nothing like it.

CrotchetyOldMan
07-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Does this make the cavs mo williams team now?

No...This makes the Cavs a TEAM now....

Thisisouryear!!
07-12-2010, 10:10 AM
"He went to bed a baby MJ and woke up Scottie Pippen"..

Just about sums it up, perfectly...

Thisisouryear!!
07-12-2010, 10:11 AM

This.

scoutscrote
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
^^what about this

WestCoastSportz
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I didn't like the whole 1 hour ESPN special for his announcement, but lets not make Lebron out to be the bad guy. So Cleveland went from a championship caliber team to a team that will struggle to win 25 games in a matter of minutes, but is that really Lebron's fault? Dan Gilbert can take the blame for it and his inability to put talent around Lebron for him to win that title. Remember that Lebron, Wade and Bosh left ALOT of money on the table to join forces. All three are going to make $14M in their first season together which isn't even a max contract. Amare is going to make $17M in his first season with the Knicks. I've harped about it for years how Kevin Garnett ruined the league by getting that 6 years, $125M contract and how he complained about the Wolves lack of success. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you make half of what the cap is, that your team isn't going to be that good for an owner that isn't a billionaire.

Pornstar86
07-12-2010, 03:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100708

great article

In May, after the Cavs were ousted in the conference semifinals, I wrote that LeBron was facing one of the greatest sports decisions ever: "winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York)."

I never thought he would pick "HELP!"

What if Lebron doesnt wanna be MJ...what if he wants to be Magic?

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 03:35 PM
I didn't like the whole 1 hour ESPN special for his announcement, but lets not make Lebron out to be the bad guy. So Cleveland went from a championship caliber team to a team that will struggle to win 25 games in a matter of minutes, but is that really Lebron's fault? Dan Gilbert can take the blame for it and his inability to put talent around Lebron for him to win that title. Remember that Lebron, Wade and Bosh left ALOT of money on the table to join forces. All three are going to make $14M in their first season together which isn't even a max contract. Amare is going to make $17M in his first season with the Knicks. I've harped about it for years how Kevin Garnett ruined the league by getting that 6 years, $125M contract and how he complained about the Wolves lack of success. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you make half of what the cap is, that your team isn't going to be that good for an owner that isn't a billionaire.

:clap::clap::clap:

REALLYYYYY?
07-12-2010, 03:43 PM
bad decision by LeQueen

J-Relo
07-12-2010, 03:49 PM
bad decision by LeQueen

you are a fan of...???

twplanck41
07-12-2010, 03:51 PM
OMG...When did this happen?!?! I was hoping he would go play in Europe

Master Mind
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
bad decision by LeQueen

Sounds like a rock band

att1114
07-12-2010, 05:01 PM
i hate how some people think lebron is so great for taking less money. oh wow, he's ONLY making $110 million instead of $125 million. What a sacrifice! He is still making millions and millions of dollars...