PDA

View Full Version : How can fans root for a team with only 1 or 2 players returning from the prior year?

Giants99
07-09-2010, 12:29 AM
?

Seems very weak.

I am a diehard NFL fan, and a baseball fan as well. I cant imagine the entire roster of the team being decimated in 1 season... I actually connect and root for the players on my teams. This is like a fantasy draft in Madden.

I dont like the precident it sets and I cant imagine a fan would be happy about all of this turnover within the team

Sixerlover
07-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Front of the jersey fan, not the back of the jersey :shrug:

GSW Hoops
07-09-2010, 12:30 AM
?

Seems very weak.

I am a diehard NFL fan, and a baseball fan as well. I cant imagine the entire roster of the team being decimated in 1 season... I actually connect and root for the players on my teams. This is like a fantasy draft in Madden.

I dont like the precident it sets and I cant imagine a fan would be happy about all of this turnover within the team

I wish....you'd never get Wade, LeBron AND Bosh in a fantasy draft, even in 2k10...

HoopsDrive
07-09-2010, 12:31 AM
You wouldn't be happy if 3 of the best players in the whole world joined your team?

Really? No, seriously?

fishfan79
07-09-2010, 12:31 AM
I am a marlins fan I am used to it. Except this time it was done to get better not just to feed the yankees and red sox cheap good players.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2010, 12:32 AM
I am a marlins fan I am used to it. Except this time it was done to get better not just to feed the yankees and red sox cheap good players.

The Miami just got 3 good players.

How is that different from the Yankees and Red Sox from stacking up.

SugeKnight
07-09-2010, 12:36 AM
The heart and sole of the team, Wade, is still there. Haslem will probably be back after everybody else is signed (bird rights). Chalmers will be there. those were really the only people who did **** on the heat. Beasley is the only main player that left

Cano4prez
07-09-2010, 12:36 AM
rosters change over years just cuz ur team rebuilds doesnt mean you shouldnt be a fan i was a fan when they won 15 games and a fan when they won the finals i will be a fan this year

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-09-2010, 12:50 AM
How bitter are you? Seriously? What a stupid thread. Im a cubs/bears/bulls/blackhawks fan for life regardless. Am I upset we didn't get Lebron? Hell yes I am, but I root for the team on the front not the name on the back

JLynn943
07-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I connect with the players, but it's all about the team. If a player I like leaves, then I'll root for them to do well against everybody but my team (like Kevin Martin in Houston), but it doesn't make me like my favorite team any less.

gbpackers12
07-09-2010, 12:52 AM
They're still wearing the Heat Jersey. That's all that really matters when you're a diehard.

LayZbone
07-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I'm a die hard Heat fan above all else....doesn't matter who's on the team. That'll never change. Wade is my favorite player ever.....he's still here. And now we've added Lebron and Bosh, so naturally, I'm ecstatic. Doesn't seem weak to me, it sounds awesome. :D

Giants99
07-09-2010, 01:18 AM
How bitter are you? Seriously? What a stupid thread. Im a cubs/bears/bulls/blackhawks fan for life regardless. Am I upset we didn't get Lebron? Hell yes I am, but I root for the team on the front not the name on the back

Thats the stupidest thing i ever heard.

And i am not bitter at all. I stopped watching the NBA back in 99 or so when the lockout hit. I cant take the fact that it is the only pro sports league not on the level.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 01:28 AM
The Miami just got 3 good players.

How is that different from the Yankees and Red Sox from stacking up.

Two of the top three players in the league.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Exactly.

I'll always root for the Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, and Bruins regardless of what players are there..

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-09-2010, 01:33 AM

And i am not bitter at all. I stopped watching the NBA back in 99 or so when the lockout hit. I cant take the fact that it is the only pro sports league not on the level.

How the hell is that stupid? In my lifetime I'll see my teams have multiple turnovers in players and I'm expected to just stop cheering for them? Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

The Prodigy
07-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Im a fan of the Heat first no matter who is on the team. I like the way the play basketball, it doesn't matter who wears the jersey(except Wade, one of the few sports figure I really look up to and respect),but it doesn't hurt if there good players wearing them.

nolin
07-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Wade chalmers haslem and anthony is atleast 4 players.

ldc62
07-09-2010, 01:39 AM

Are you serious? You root for players and not teams? So I'm guessing you'll stop being a Giants fan when Eli leaves right.

dre1990
07-09-2010, 01:39 AM
front of the jersey fan, not the back of the jersey :shrug:

x2

Baseballcb95
07-09-2010, 01:44 AM
i dont care if our best player was beasley, i dont care if we gave the max to haywood, i dont care, i root for the heat, i have rooted for them throughout nd will always be a fan. just a stupid question, honestly. r u saying if all of our players from last year besides beasley, chalmers and wade sign with the bulls i should become a bulls fan?

marlinsfan24
07-09-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm a die hard Heat fan above all else....doesn't matter who's on the team. That'll never change. Wade is my favorite player ever.....he's still here. And now we've added Lebron and Bosh, so naturally, I'm ecstatic. Doesn't seem weak to me, it sounds awesome. :D

Exactly.

I'll always root for the Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, and Bruins regardless of what players are there..

All of this :clap:

And this isn't too different for many of the fans down in So. Fla. We went through it with the Marlins multiple times and the Phins when Parcells came and took over.

Ethix11
07-09-2010, 01:52 AM
The Marlins gutted their team the 2 times they won the world series. Miami fans are used to it. Nobody cares.

Di3hardolfan
07-09-2010, 01:58 AM

cant agree with you more. im a diehard dolphin, heat, marlin fan. best example i can think of is when jason taylor left for new york. I loved that guy, but you better believe ill be booing him in the stands on september 26 sunday night when he comes running out in that jets jersey. you gotta learn to root for your team and not fall too in love with the players cause they can leave you heartbroken.

The Raven
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Well wade is still there. And also, if you're a die hard, you should be a fan more of the team then you are of the players