PDA

View Full Version : Poll: what is your opinion of Lebron?

Pages : [1] 2

Giants99
07-09-2010, 12:21 AM
lets see

plpfctn
07-09-2010, 12:23 AM
i'll always remember lebron as the guy who couldn't win a championship in his hometown. and then he quit on them.

RadiantShot
07-09-2010, 12:26 AM
i'll always remember lebron as the guy who couldn't win a championship in his hometown. and then he quit on them.

Me too.
Whatever "G.O.A.T." conversation I put him in; I take back.

mynameismo
07-09-2010, 12:26 AM
He just became more popular. :rolleyes:

MacFitz92
07-09-2010, 12:27 AM
This poll is actually very intriguing. 9 votes so far, and nobody likes him.

Sixerlover
07-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I have no problem with him looking to better his situation. I just didn't agree with all of the "decision 2010" hype. That wasn't cool. But I would have HATED him if he went to NY.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 12:30 AM
"Haters gonna hate be it a Lexus or a Camry." - Jay Electronica

Jaji
07-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Any Laker fan hating on LeBron is a hypocrite because the Lakers signed Shaq and got at least 5 titles out of it.

Bryrob58
07-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Unfavourable. Cleveland bent over sooo far for him... It was his right to decide though so I can't hate too much. I just hate how he made a big show about the whole process, while he probably knew a month ago. For charity my ***

MacFitz92
07-09-2010, 12:32 AM
I mean he really ****ed Cleveland over.

Bryrob58
"Haters gonna hate be it a Lexus or a Camry." - Jay Electronica

Electronica is a beast.

LTBaByyy
Hey guys i just chose I HATE LEBRON! F that guy

Feel much better

HoopsDrive
07-09-2010, 12:33 AM
The only bad thing he did was making it a mockery over his decision. Other than that? It's his life, his decision, he can do whatever the **** he damn wishes. His contract ended, he joined the Heat. He made the right decision in terms of winning, he has a very good shot at multiple titles now.

jetsforever
Unfavorable. For the way that he chose to do this whole free agency. Also because I think Kobe is the better player so I generally have to dislike James a little.

still1ballin
hate the prick

MacFitz92
Any Laker fan hating on LeBron is a hypocrite because the Lakers signed Shaq and got at least 5 titles out of it.

In all fairness they won 3 with Shaq, Shaq didn't make it a reality show, and he didn't have any ties with Orlando other than being drafted by them.

soonabooma
All I'm gonna say is......he had an opportunity with this whole free agency thing to show the world who he really is, and he most certainly did. Sorry Lebron, you lose son.

But hey, at least we're in good shape here in OKC. We've got the future face of the league (when Kobe retires), and the guy who will probably be the best player since Kobe when it's all said and done. He also happens to be a very humble, respectful, MATURE young man who carries himself the right way. But make no mistake about it, becuz he's a vicious, wild, rampaging beast on the inside, and he has the heart of a champion. We've also got a hell of a young PG in Westbrook, and a supporting cast that will only get better. Things are just fine here. And I'm sure fans in other cities like Chicago, Portland, and Memphis are thinking the same thing. And those are just some of the young teams. What about teams like LA, Boston, Orlando, Dallas, Denver....do you think those teams are gonna lay down for "The 3 Stooges"? I think not. I'll tell you this much....I absolutely love what we're building in OKC. We're trying our best to not be too cocky or overconfident becuz it's really not our style (unless you count OU football where we're known for being a bunch of looneys) Seriously though, it's hard to really comprehend just how far ahead of schedule the Thunder actually are. There is still SO MUCH room for us to take even bigger strides. We're really still at the beginning stages of our development, and that's a scary thought. So I've got a lot of faith in what we're doing, and I'm sure some of those other cities with young up and coming teams feel the same way.

Let those clowns collaberate all they want, it's not gonna change our agenda. Our intentions are still the same, I can promise you that.

bignate14
I dont blame him for wanting a better chance to win a title , but dont have a hour long special just to glorify your self. Media whore

Kyben36
07-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I can not blame him for leaving, but I dont like that he went to the heat. I just think he realy sold out. I realy expected him to resign with the cavs, the cavs have spent 7 hard years working, trying to win him a ring, and he realy just deserted them, if they would have had any indication he would have ever done this, there is no way they would have taken him in the 2003 draft. this shows me huge character concerns, HE also refered to himself in the interview in the 3rd person alot. which he has no right to do. he has 0% chance of being considered close to Jordan now. because he took such an easy way out. HE IMO is no longer the #1 player on his team, its wades team, thats why they renaimed the county after Wade. there are just so many reason that I dont like him going to miami, I realy think he should have stayed. I have lost alot of respect for him. I guese the reason I feel like this is because I know how bad it would feel if D Rose left the chicago bulls. it would be a heartbreak. just cant beleive that he would do this to a team. and HOnesly, Miami isnt even that great of a basketball city. its a great city in general, but not as far as basketball is concerned. If im correct, the CAvs had the best atendance record in the league last year, and that was for lebron, I dont think he realizes what he gave up in CLE. dont blame him, but realy dont like the fact he turned his back on his team. didnt realy expect him to go anywhere, but he realy sold out if you ask me. sory about the rant. I just realy think he should have stayed.

Sadds The Gr8
07-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Unfavourable. Cleveland bent over sooo far for him... It was his right to decide though so I can't hate too much. I just hate how he made a big show about the whole process, while he probably knew a month ago. For charity my ***

this. I hate how he made this a big deal n ****...but I cant believe how much hate he's getting for leaving. It's not like he promised to stay or anything...He realized Cleveland couldnt attract players to help him win, so he left. I do disagree about him making a super team in miami tho. Is it his fault that Cleveland has bad franchises (no offence) and he's the only sports icon there? People are just mad at the fact that he left Cleveland with nothing but bad teams. Its pretty ridiculous...people just love hating for no reason.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2010, 12:48 AM
He's one of my favourite players but I didn't like the way he handled everything.

But just cuz he was a ***** on the way he handled Free Angency doesn't mean I'm gonna stop loving him.

IDB Josh M
07-09-2010, 12:51 AM

I was actually shocked when that happened. And Shaq left us for Miami as well. I see a pattern here!

Edit: The thing about Shaq is, alot of bad luck happened with Orlando. I don't know the exact details, however the Magic had this fabulous plan to put shaq with Penny hardaway and Grant hill, but they got injured or something. And then there was Hakeem who swept Shaq out of the finals. At least shaq didn't drag everyone along.

bogdanrom
07-09-2010, 12:52 AM

x2 I can't say I hate the guy, because hate is a strong word, but I have zero respect for him and there's nothing he can do to change that.

LTBaByyy
07-09-2010, 12:54 AM
How is he gonna be called the king plus back to back MVPs and hes the #2 guy on a team?

Wow hahah lame

69centers
07-09-2010, 12:55 AM
He'll never ever ever be considered as great as MJ or Kobe, because they never had to bail out on themselves and go have dinner to woo the best free agents available to find the only path to a ring. They did it with what was around them, and took the task at hand and made it theirs. True champions. Lebron will never ever be a true champion. He may get rings, but that won't make him a true champion.

Mell413
07-09-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't hate him. There's far worse people in the world than him. It probably could have been handled differently. I guess he could have done without the special, but the proceeds were going to charity so I'll ease up on that. I can't blame him for leaving. If Mo Williams was the 2nd best player on my team and I see the Heat with Wade and Bosh I'd probably leave also.

He's putting his ego aside to have a better chance at winning. People complain all the time that players are all about the money and not winning and when LeBron gives himself the best chance to win people still complain.

gbpackers12
07-09-2010, 12:58 AM
I respect Lebrons game, but I don't agree with this Decision 2010 **** and I don't like that he took a **** on Cleveland. I'm glad he's out of the division, but he didn't have to go on national TV and kill that city.

ElMarroAfamado
07-09-2010, 01:02 AM
its funny Lebron James went from being like by alot of people for being the overrated hyped guy he was....(even though he never won anything) to hated for taking the easy way out AND the way he did it.
I dont think anyone besides Miami Heat fans like him now. And I used to root for Wade not i hate him too.

Kevj77
07-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Unfavorable I don't hate him though. Don't even blame him for leaving. Just the way he handled the situation parading the teams trying to sign him to Cleveland and with all the hype about "the decision" special on ESPN, where he **** on his hometown was a bad way to handle leaving.

Kinda classless.

LA_Raiders
07-09-2010, 01:08 AM
@#$%^@&

uprightciti
07-09-2010, 01:09 AM
boooooooooo

rapswin98
07-09-2010, 01:11 AM
He's the opposite of Kobe, a quitter

15carlos21
07-09-2010, 01:14 AM
any real competitor would want to beat the best in the world...not make a super team to get an easy ring...i'll always see him as a guy who couldnt win a title when he was "the guy"

besides anyone who is from Cleveland and grew up a cowboys, yankees and Bulls fan will never have my respect haha...can't be anymore of a front runner than that and it showed with his decision....have fun playing second fiddle to Wade u loser

Kobe>Lebron

Slimsim
07-09-2010, 01:14 AM
**** him

Robbw241
07-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Unfavorable. Not total hate cause he seemed sincere in that interview. But come on, you didn't need to create this circus.

spreadeagle
07-09-2010, 01:16 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if Bron doesnt come out his bubble tomorrow and go oh crap the world hates me! lol

The Prodigy
07-09-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm a Heat fan and I don't really feel any way towards Lebron. I just didn't like many Bandwagon fans that thought Lebron was the best in the league by far and wouldn't listen to reason. Now that he left(even though he said it was a possibility 2 years ago) you acted like he was untouchable and if you put a poll up now on who is the Best player in the league you'll prolly see Lebron 3rd behind Wade and Kobe.

The Flash
07-09-2010, 01:18 AM
would he still be hated if he signed with the Bulls or Knicks?

Kakaroach
07-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Unfavorable. Not total hate cause he seemed sincere in that interview. But come on, you didn't need to create this circus. Agreed with Robby. He made a decision that will make him happy but he went about it the wrong way.

fadedmario
07-09-2010, 01:20 AM
I hate him. Durant is going to own this league IMO

15carlos21
07-09-2010, 01:20 AM

not really bc there would be no argument that he would still be the best player on his team

Switch
07-09-2010, 01:22 AM

What does Shaq have to do with any of this?

shep33
07-09-2010, 01:24 AM
that was a 1 hour show on his demands... he just spat in the face of cavs fans. I think Lebron knew he was gonna leave Cleveland 5 mins after they lost to the Celts. The guy created a circus, and Stephen A Smith was right a week ago... meaning that these guys talked together about it atleast a while back.

They planned it, and if they planned it I don't like how they played the media games.

Chicagofaithful
James < every nba great... isn't good enough to win without 2 other players that are as good if not better than him (wade)

REALLYYYYY?
so does this mean lebron could end up not even making the all-star team next year?

...how much weight do simple fans have in the all-star voting? is it 100% or do players and coaches get a certain amount of additional weight?

drew_ellis_23
07-09-2010, 01:26 AM
I hate him. Durant is going to own this league IMO

Yep yep:clap:

yanks024
I understand he wants to win rings. But truthfully if he goes to chicago he has a legit chance to win a ring next year. If he stays in cleveland they go to the playoffs and possibly get help at deadline to make a great push.. if he goes to NY (barring time) he can win a ring..but going to miami with these guys is ridiculous... He playing on wades team..no matter what happens itll be wades teams n when/if they win rings wade will be the leader with lebron as the follower...i dont like how lebron handled the whole situation..n one question? why the ******* make this decision in Greenwich, CT in the backyard of knicks fans which i feel is a slap in the face to the NY fan base...nvm making a mockery of cleveland on national tv...please he could of came out with what team he play for and have a press conference about it like every other superstar in sports.

Tragedy
Anyone that hates him..LOL. How can you HATE a player you probably never met?

Great basketball player, cries and complains more than most, hated him on Cleveland, like him a hell of a lot more on Miami.

ILMindState
07-09-2010, 01:27 AM
F!

hugepatsfan
07-09-2010, 01:27 AM
He gave up personal glory for a chance at titles. I respect that. But he was classless in the way he announced it. No excuse for it. CLE fans should take down any signs and burn any merchandise. I didn't like him in CLE though, and I still don't.

Kyben36
07-09-2010, 01:28 AM
I'm a Heat fan and I don't really feel any way towards Lebron. I just didn't like many Bandwagon fans that thought Lebron was the best in the league by far and wouldn't listen to reason. Now that he left(even though he said it was a possibility 2 years ago) you acted like he was untouchable and if you put a poll up now on who is the Best player in the league you'll prolly see Lebron 3rd behind Wade and Kobe.

WOW PRODOGY, Im sorry, but I cant agree with you there, because IMO, should FA turned out diferent, LEBRON STAY, bosh to somewhere other than MIAMI, I firmly beleive that WAde would have dashed out of Miami faster then Lebrons press conference. with that said, your hole Human thing would have been oposite, Wade was just as big of a ***** in this as Lebron and Bosh. The only diference is, he stayed, but he is the one who did all the recruiting to get them there. he was desprate for help himself.

marlinsfan24
07-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Agreed with Robby. He made a decision that will make him happy but he went about it the wrong way.

This.

I have never liked Lebron and just because he's on the heat doesn't mean I'll love him. I don't understand the hate for Lebron for picking Miami, but he definitely didn't need to setup all this bull****.

D.Rose#1
07-09-2010, 01:30 AM
i hate the whole miami team. but what i hate the most is how lebron decides to not only leave his team (wouldnt be as pissed if he picked another team even NY) but too go to miami w 2 other superstars. He not only ruined his image by having a stupid ****ing 1hr special called "The Decision" (****ing diva) and making his home team suffer but he also ruined his chances of ever building a legacy and basicly is saying to everyone that he's a ***** and cant win without two other stars. This is a horrible decision and its really sad to see that with his talent he gave up so easy. I hope Miami never wins with him there.

Kyben36
07-09-2010, 01:31 AM
so does this mean lebron could end up not even making the all-star team next year?

...how much weight do simple fans have in the all-star voting? is it 100% or do players and coaches get a certain amount of additional weight?

they have 100% for starters, but coaches chose bench players, I dont think he will start that for sure. besides heat fans, I dont see many fans seeing favor in lebron anymore.

laker2dodger
07-09-2010, 01:31 AM

I do not think so because he isnt going with 3 other names

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 01:32 AM
i hate the whole miami team. but what i hate the most is how lebron decides to not only leave his team (wouldnt be as pissed if he picked another team even NY) but too go to miami w 2 other superstars. He not only ruined his image by having a stupid ****ing 1hr special called "The Decision" (****ing diva) and making his home team suffer but he also ruined his chances of ever building a legacy and basicly is saying to everyone that he's a ***** and cant win without two other stars. This is a horrible decision and its really sad to see that with his talent he gave up so easy. I hope Miami never wins with him there.
How is it a horrible decision?

1) Going to a much nicer city in Miami.
2) Getting tons of dough.
3) Going to play with some very good friends.
4) Having without question, the best shot of any team to win the title for the next few years.
5) No one had a problem with KG, Allen, and Pierce - This is just another big 3. so what?
6) LeBron doesn't owe Cleveland anything. People act like he does. He worked his butt of there, and now he's finished his time there. So what?

Kakaroach
07-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Big thing here is that everyone else will hate him, he won't be the hero who stayed with the Cavs but the guy who left. I think the only arena that ever booed him was Washington. After this, everyone will boo him.

Mr.Davidoo
07-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Lebron can't win a title ok...! He need a buch ohh superstar to do it so...!
Thats what he do... And sorry for the cavs.... And kobe now have a motivation to win it again nxt season....! And let see what will happen... But if the miami won dont give the mvp finals to lebron....! Wade deserve it they join him coz he can brin them the nba glory....!

Im not a hater here for lerbron just seeing whats happening and its an opinion

Draco
07-09-2010, 01:35 AM
A lot of reasons to hate Lebron.. they can all be summed up into one thing; the NBA feels a lot more like the WWE.

Sixerlover
07-09-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm just curious what do people think of the Magic / Abdul-Jabbar / Worthy Lakers? Are they Magic's titles, or the teams titles?

yanks 4lif3
07-09-2010, 01:36 AM
He gave up personal glory for a chance at titles. I respect that. But he was classless in the way he announced it. No excuse for it. CLE fans should take down any signs and burn any merchandise. I didn't like him in CLE though, and I still don't.

This

D.Rose#1
07-09-2010, 01:37 AM

4) Having without question, the best shot of any team to win the title for the next few years.
5) No one had a problem with KG, Allen, and Pierce - This is just another big 3. so what?
6) LeBron doesn't owe Cleveland anything. People act like he does. He worked his butt of there, and now he's finished his time there. So what?

Because he is taking the easy way out. Jordan always wanted a challenge, and so do the other greats, thats what makes it so special when they win. He ran off to a team with 2 other superstars. Proves he cannot win by himself. He has so much potential to be truly great, and by joining miami's superstars it ruins his legacy and on top of that everyone except MIAMI'S BANDWAGON FANS hates him. I'd say that's a pretty ****** decision.

Tragedy
I'm just curious what do people think of the Magic / Abdul-Jabbar / Worthy Lakers? Are they Magic's titles, or the teams titles?
True question. People are tearing down LeBron because "he can't win without other stars" but people forget the 2008 Celtics and the 80's Celtics also had multiple big names; And let's not pretend like some of the best LA Laker teams didn't have multiple stars.

People are being bitter. I've never been a supporter of LeBron but people are just trying to look for reasons to make fun.

ElMarroAfamado

pierce kg and allen are up there in age and prob in their final years...
its kinda gay for a guy to ring chase at 25

JordanPippen
07-09-2010, 01:38 AM
I think what's interesting is how many haters LeBron has garnered because of his free agency process. By toying with the hopes of so many fans, from particualiry large fan bases such as New York and Chicago, he essentially put himself out of the favorable light.

MDfootball36
07-09-2010, 01:38 AM

and couldn't win with out extreme help if he wins a championship

Draco
07-09-2010, 01:39 AM
True question. People are tearing down LeBron because "he can't win without other stars" but people forget the 2008 Celtics and the 80's Celtics also had multiple big names; And let's not pretend like some of the best LA Laker teams didn't have multiple stars.

People are being bitter. I've never been a supporter of LeBron but people are just trying to look for reasons to make fun.

you've gotta be kidding.

Tragedy
Because he is taking the easy way out. Jordan always wanted a challenge, and so do the other greats, thats what makes it so special when they win. He ran off to a team with 2 other superstars. Proves he cannot win by himself. He has so much potential to be truly great, and by joining miami's superstars it ruins his legacy and on top of that everyone except MIAMI'S BANDWAGON FANS hates him. I'd say that's a pretty ****** decision.
So what would you have said had he joined up with the Bulls? You would have been fine with it, I'm sure.

He went to the place that gave him the best chance to win, and also paid him a ton of money, as well as go to a great city with good friends. Who in their right mind would choose a city like Cleveland with the average players he'd be playing with for the same money?

It's like saying a person would prefer to work at McDonalds for $8 an hour as opposed to the Burger King for $8 an hour in the better area with your friends. Same exact job, why wouldn't you go where it's nicer?

ABOMB_56
I abso-****ing-lutely love him. The hate for him just makes me appreciate him so much more

REALLYYYYY?
i guess lebron did not read ocho cinco's tweets today...

RadiantShot
07-09-2010, 01:40 AM

I agree...But look at it like this too.

1) He changed Cleveland more than Maradona changed Argentina.
2) He was making dough in Cleveland...
3) People wrote songs and "We love you LeBron signs" while waiting outside of the Arena, or executive buildings during LeBron meetings.
4) He grew up there.
5) He was their only breath of fresh air.
6) He's damaging his legacy forever, now that he's chosen to take the easy way out, and not earn a ring for his home.
7) He will never be in talks with the greats, anymore, from a legendary stand-point.

Tragedy

you've gotta be kidding.
No, I'm not.

I dislike LeBron; I'm a Celtics fan and hate his attitude 110%. But people are seriously complaining because he went to a team with other stars? REALLY? That's a legitimate beef people are having? He went to a great city with great players, giving himself unquestionably the best chance to win for years to come, and people are going to be upset about that? Come on now.

Again, I dlslike LeBron, but people are believe ridiculous if they're acting like this.

Jaji
In all fairness they won 3 with Shaq, Shaq didn't make it a reality show, and he didn't have any ties with Orlando other than being drafted by them.

No, they won 5 and counting by acquiring Shaq. In order to free up cap space to sign Shaq, they had to trade Vlade Divac to the Charlotte Hornets for an 18 year old kid named Kobe Bryant. W/o that move, no Shaq. So yes, they are still reaping the benefits of that deal.

And what ties does LeBron have to Cleveland? He's from Akron.

mrblisterdundee
07-09-2010, 01:41 AM
A title from Miami now is less impressive than a title within Los Angeles' three-peat or the Micheal Jordan era, due to Miami's sheer edge in talent. As a result, LeBron won't pass up Kobe or Jordan on the all-time greatest list. Kobe had it right when he demanded a trade right at the beginning. Most people forgot and treat him like he's a decent human being, which he isn't. Michael Jordan never had to piss anybody off, because teams before Chicago just made the wrong choice.

15carlos21
07-09-2010, 01:41 AM

the difference is shaq came to kobe, lerbons following bosh and wade thats a huge difference....besided Lebron had shaq too:p

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I agree...But look at it like this too.

1) He changed Cleveland more than Maradona changed Argentina.
2) He was making dough in Cleveland...
3) People wrote songs and "We love you LeBron signs" while waiting outside of the Arena, or executive buildings during LeBron meetings.
4) He grew up there.
5) He was their only breath of fresh air.
6) He's damaging his legacy forever, now that he's chosen to take the easy way out, and not earn a ring for his home.
7) He will never be in talks with the greats, anymore, from a legendary stand-point.
People need to understand he does not owe the city of Cleveland anything at all. He spent 7 great seasons with the organization that he loved and played in front of his hometown. Just because he leaves does not mean he's a bad person; He owed Cleveland nothing at all, whatsoever.

As long as LeBron gets his titles and continues being a great player, of course he'll be talked about as a great; There's no doubt about that. If people want to dislike him, that's fine too. But people are acting like he's a bad person for joining a new team; He went where he wanted to go. Who cares?

Mell413
07-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I don't get where some people are coming from here. It seems people expect(ed) Lebron to win a title by himself. It doesn't work like that in the NBA. No one can win a title by themselves. Kobe needed a top 10-20 player in Pau Gasol as his #2 guy to win. LeBron had Larry Hughes as his #2 guy in 07.

I can accept that he didn't go about it the right way even though I disagree since the money went to charity. He took less money for a chance to win a title.

Lakersho
07-09-2010, 01:43 AM
...the chosen one...:)

Me too.
Whatever "G.O.A.T." conversation I put him in; I take back.
...I never said the G O A T stuff cuz he isn't near well rounded enough, before the bashin starts, i'm refering to post season,reg. season stats. mean nothing... champion ships , finals M.V P is what matters...

...we'll have to see what heat put around them, magic is pretty stacked, and everyone seems to forget the CELTICS are ec finals champs , overlookin them will cost you big time... call'em old all you want they know how to win...

Draco
07-09-2010, 01:44 AM
No, I'm not.

I dislike LeBron; I'm a Celtics fan and hate his attitude 110%. But people are seriously complaining because he went to a team with other stars? REALLY? That's a legitimate beef people are having? He went to a great city with great players, giving himself unquestionably the best chance to win for years to come, and people are going to be upset about that? Come on now.

Again, I dlslike LeBron, but people are believe ridiculous if they're acting like this.

People should be complaining about the 1 hour announcement special and about the very real possibility that Lebron, Bosh and Wade knew what they wanted to do and where they were going a long time ago.

Tragedy
I don't get where some people are coming from here. It seems people expect(ed) Lebron to win a title by himself. It doesn't work like that in the NBA. No one can win a title by themselves. Kobe needed a top 10-20 player in Pau Gasol as his #2 guy to win. LeBron had Larry Hughes as his #2 guy in 07.

I can accept that he didn't go about it the right way even though I disagree since the money went to charity. He took less money for a chance to win a title.
Exactly!

You don't win a title, usually, by yourself. You need a good team around you; Why should he go back to Cleveland where maybe he felt like he couldn't win a title as opposed to a city that he knows he's got probably the best shot of ANY team? He went where the great team was.

AllDay775124

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
how did Lebron take the easy way out people put yourself in his shoes could any of you get on national TV and dump you wife/girlfriend? the answer is no it took a lot of balls to go on TV and do that, and a second question if anybody on here plays sports (which i'm sure a lot of you do) would you go to a team that your friends play for, and have a really good chance at winning, and winning a lot you would do it. anybody on here that says they wouldnt is just a hater. Oh and by the way I live in Denver and am a Nuggets fan so I really dont care but all of this hating is just crazy cause like I said anybody would do the same thing being in his shoes.

ABOMB_56
People need to understand he does not owe the city of Cleveland anything at all. He spent 7 great seasons with the organization that he loved and played in front of his hometown. Just because he leaves does not mean he's a bad person; He owed Cleveland nothing at all, whatsoever.

As long as LeBron gets his titles and continues being a great player, of course he'll be talked about as a great; There's no doubt about that. If people want to dislike him, that's fine too. But people are acting like he's a bad person for joining a new team; He went where he wanted to go. Who cares?

This X100000000000000

the_ditchdigger
i've had enough of the "coverage". can i watch espn and not be bombarded with the"decision" even after the decision. he made his choice. i feel he burned his hometown. as much pull as homeboy had, he could've forced cleveland to do the same thing in ohio. f it. good luck lebron. good luck heat. let's go clips.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 01:45 AM
This X100000000000000
Someone seems the light.

29$JerZ
Don't hate him, just think it was a dumb decision for his legacy but if he only cares about rings more power to him.

I do hate how he is a media whore and made this a spectacle, not to mention leave Cleveland in a terrible spot and purposely did all this to make the finals and summer times all about him.

I lost respect for him before he made the decision, don't hate him.

Kyben36

KG and Allen didnt walk away from their cities, their teams got reimbursed.
To the nicer city and Dough, Miami isnt any more of a basketball city then Cle is. he will make much less money outisde of his contract.
I would disagree with 4, but I have buestions about their C, D, and bench
Lebron was drafted #1 overall by CLE, his home town area, he owes them more than just walking away from them. they gave him everything they could.

TO to the CHI
07-09-2010, 01:46 AM

It only took one response to have someone sum up my sentiment.

LeBron is a great player, but I think that regardless of what happens in Miami he has now badly tainted his legacy. On the other hand, I think that DWade comes off looking great (after showing his team loyalty and being able to recruit others to join him).

Knowledge

this.

Ethix11
LeBron was one of my favorite players when he was with the Cavs and hes even more of a favorite player to me now that he joined my team.

D.Rose#1
07-09-2010, 01:47 AM
So what would you have said had he joined up with the Bulls? You would have been fine with it, I'm sure.

He went to the place that gave him the best chance to win, and also paid him a ton of money, as well as go to a great city with good friends. Who in their right mind would choose a city like Cleveland with the average players he'd be playing with for the same money?

It's like saying a person would prefer to work at McDonalds for $8 an hour as opposed to the Burger King for $8 an hour in the better area with your friends. Same exact job, why wouldn't you go where it's nicer?

No **** i'd be fine with it. I am a bulls fan. The bulls also dont have 2 superstars ( yet drose, not noah). He wouldnt have hurt himself as much and could of still made himself legendary through winning. I also wouldnt have minded if he went to anywhere BUT the Heat. Shows he wants the easy way out. *****

Mell413
07-09-2010, 01:47 AM
I'm a Bulls fan just to be clear. I'm disappointed he did not come here, but I can understand why he did what he did. People place a lot of emphasis on winning a ring and he's doing what he has to to get a ring. I know Tragedy is a wrestling fan so he may get this, but this kind of reminds me of Hogan joining the NWO. I know it's scripted, but I think the situations are somewhat similar.

TO to the CHI
07-09-2010, 01:48 AM
I would rather the Lakers or Celtics win than the Heat. There. I said it.

Hunter48MVP
07-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Like Dan Gibert said LeBron James is a coward. He is no longer the person that I invision(the best basketball player in the world). He lost his reputation as being called King James. He is no longer the best anymore or the man. Lets just say he is a little ***** who got the easy way of winning a championship(if he ever wins one). Just imagine if the Heat win the champion and Dwyane Wade is named the Finals MVP. Everybody would be comparing this situation like in LA with Kobe and Shaq. Remember, LeBron needs to know that it not his team anymore it Wade's team and forever. Now, we will never look at James as the greatest basketball players who ever lived to play the game. I just hope in the future that Cleveland wins a champioship before Miami. LeBron James doesn't dererve to win a champioship. A real champion would stay with their team like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Michael Jordan could have went to the Pistons and win a championship but he descide to stay with his team a win a champioship. Kobe Bryant who had to work hard for his last two champioships to prove to the world that he can win one by himself. Now, James might be in the same situation. I really do fell sorry for Cleveland's fans and their organization. I hope you Cleveland fans treat LeBron James like crap when he return to Cleveland. If I were a Cleveland fan I would throw my hot dog and soda at his face and say "you suck!" and "coward!" The last thing that I would like to say: "LeBron James with never ever be compared to the greatest players ever again."

The GEEEEE Men
I thought "The chosen one" was supposed to be a leader, not a follower..

Draco
Someone seems the light.

well, he owed Cleveland something better than a 1 hour announcement special. I think we can agree on that.

Tragedy
KG and Allen didnt walk away from their cities, their teams got reimbursed.
To the nicer city and Dough, Miami isnt any more of a basketball city then Cle is. he will make much less money outisde of his contract.
I would disagree with 4, but I have buestions about their C, D, and bench
Lebron was drafted #1 overall by CLE, his home town area, he owes them more than just walking away from them. they gave him everything they could.
1) KG and Allen didn't walk away from their cities, but people are complaining that it's a joke that these three could be a team. As I said, the Celtics Big 3 gave them a title; What's the big deal? Teams with stars can win.

2) Miami may not be more of a basketball city, but it's a beautiful city and prospering a hell of a lot more than the city of Cleveland. I can understand why someone would want the Miami nightlife over the Cleveland one.

3) LeBron was drafted 1, and that was his hometown. That's nice. He still owes them nothing. This is sports; It's a cut throat business. A player can be the face of the franchise but the team can drop them on their ***** if they don't play to their potential. So it's the same situation - LeBron had an opportunity to go elsewhere; Why is it such a bad thing that he left them? He's a human being and has a choice. Free agency was put in place to give these guys a choice. He made one. Maybe it's not the one you'd all like.

RadiantShot

Okay, he doesn't owe them anything..But still, they worship him, and you can't deny it. I don't think this man gave two cares in the world about anyone in that city besides three men, he, himself, and him. (Obvious sarcasm), but still, I get where you're coming from..And I do know that makes sense...I just think it would've been better for the league if the competition remained there, and now, it's pretty much all-gone now. If it's not, that's great; Still, just think LeBron should've stayed, because I would have respected him more...

Jordan wouldn't have jumped at the chance; Kobe wouldn't have, and didn't; Larry Bird didn't; Magic didn't. The list goes on..I just honestly think he's screwing with his legacy no matter how great Wade and Bosh are...Again, I like the decision, because honestly, he'd probably be a bit stupid to pass it up, but when he looks at it in retrospect, I do believe he'll regret it someday, I honestly do.

He's not a bad person...Necessarily, just, he'll never be in my G.O.A.T. discussions, because he took the easy way out, and didn't try to do something grand for that city...They really did appreciate him more than anything. And 'he doesn't owe them anything,' Well, who owes pretty much ANYONE, anything..? Nobody. That's just a statement people use to further support him...But it's flawed. Yeah, in hind-sight, he does owe them...Or you know what, maybe he doesn't deserve them; for how great they've been to him over the past 7 years. How they've loved him, and packed his arena..Increased his legacy..Supported him. I don't know, I'm just thinking normally to be honest.

D.Rose#1
07-09-2010, 01:50 AM

LeBron is a great player, but I think that regardless of what happens in Miami he has now badly tainted his legacy. On the other hand, I think that DWade comes off looking great (after showing his team loyalty and being able to recruit others to join him).

And wade has also won one already.

Draco
07-09-2010, 01:50 AM
I thought "The chosen one" was supposed to be a leader, not a follower..

He is the "chosen one".. Wade chose him.

But technically, I suppose he should get that tat changed to "one of the chosen"

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm a Bulls fan just to be clear. I'm disappointed he did not come here, but I can understand why he did what he did. People place a lot of emphasis on winning a ring and he's doing what he has to to get a ring. I know Tragedy is a wrestling fan so he may get this, but this kind of reminds me of Hogan joining the NWO. I know it's scripted, but I think the situations are somewhat similar.
It's a great analogy. Hulk was losing steam with the WCW crowd, so they made a huge and very bold change by putting him with the two biggest heels in the world at that time. Same thing with LeBron - He saw better opportunity else where and went for it. Hard to blame the guy.

Draco
07-09-2010, 01:52 AM

well holy ****, no wonder you guys don't have any complaints.

TO to the CHI
07-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Also, I think people need to distinguish before anger at LeBron for leaving Cleveland and anger at the way he left. I could care less that he left (I think it is terrible for Cleveland, but I am a Raptor fan and am used to players leaving). I just think that it was possible to leave and be professional about it. This wasn't the way (and don't give me the charity argument -- a guy who will make a billion dollars in his career did not put up his own money -- it was frankly awkward watching the CEO of the University of Phoenix announce a donation, while BronBron did nothing).

Still a great player. Deserves to go where he wants. Tainted his legacy imo by the way he handled the situation.

I am a Jays and Raptors fan. This year I am actively pulling for Halladay and the Phils because I have complete respect for the man and wish him nothing but the best. On the other hand, I have fairly low opinions of Bosh and VC. All eventually wanted out of TO. I wish that wasn't the case, but can live with it. But the manner that they went about their business was totally different.

Fireworld
07-09-2010, 01:55 AM
I pitty him.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 01:55 AM
the difference is shaq came to kobe, lerbons following bosh and wade thats a huge difference....besided Lebron had shaq too:p

Shaq came to Kobe? What does that mean? And I hope you're joking about LBJ playing with Shaq. If not, then :facepalm:.

Mell413
07-09-2010, 01:56 AM
well holy ****, no wonder you guys don't have any complaints.

It's not like I agree with him all the time. There's far worse people in the world than LBJ to direct your angst at. It could have been handled differently, but it is what it is. I just don't think LBJ can win regardless of what he does. If he stayed in Cleveland people would say he was all about the money and was content not winning and when he goes to a winning situation people call him a sellout. I guess I'm just not as passionate on this as other people are.

Draco
07-09-2010, 01:56 AM
I pitty him.

I pitty the NBA.. Lebron's partying in South Beach right about now.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Okay, he doesn't owe them anything..But still, they worship him, and you can't deny it.
They do; But still. There was a time when A-Rod was worshiped in Seattle, a time when John Smoltz was worshiped in Atlanta. The point is these athletes move on at different stages of their careers. Sports is a tough business. It's about winning titles, being in a good city, being with people you enjoy, and making a lot of cash. It's hard to deny that LeBron didn't accomplish those.

I don't think this man gave two cares in the world about anyone in that city besides three men, he, himself, and him. (Obvious sarcasm), but still, I get where you're coming from..And I do know that makes sense...I just think it would've been better for the league if the competition remained there, and now, it's pretty much all-gone now. If it's not, that's great; Still, just think LeBron should've stayed, because I would have respected him more...
Hey, that's fine, everyone has an opinion. I personally think this is better for the NBA because a Heat/Lakers final suddenly looks a hell of a lot more attractive than a Celtics/Lakers one or any other matchup the league could have given us. This is something that I think a lot of people will be obsessed with watching, so it's going to bring a heck of a lot of more attention to the NBA.

Jordan wouldn't have jumped at the chance; Kobe wouldn't have, and didn't; Larry Bird didn't; Magic didn't. The list goes on..I just honestly think he's screwing with his legacy no matter how great Wade and Bosh are...Again, I like the decision, because honestly, he'd probably be a bit stupid to pass it up, but when he looks at it in retrospect, I do believe he'll regret it someday, I honestly do.
He might, who knows. He's also a young guy who is looking to have fun and win titles. Being in Miami with friends giving himself a great chance to win seems like a great time for now. He'll always be remembered as the NBA's diva and that's probably not a good thing, but he's going to (very likely) end his career having a great one.

He's not a bad person...Necessarily, just, he'll never be in my G.O.A.T. discussions, because he took the easy way out, and didn't try to do something grand for that city...They really did appreciate him more than anything. And 'he doesn't owe them anything,' Well, who owes pretty much ANYONE, anything..? Nobody. That's just a statement people use to further support him...But it's flawed. Yeah, in hind-sight, he does owe them...Or you know what, maybe he doesn't deserve them; for how great they've been to him over the past 7 years. How they've loved him, and packed his arena..Increased his legacy..Supported him. I don't know, I'm just thinking normally to be honest.
It's a two way street. The city of Cleveland would have been dead for basketball the last 7 years. LeBron supplied those fans with great memories. I believe that trip to the NBA finals was the only one Cleveland has ever had, right? I mean, LeBron did so much for that organization, but came up short of winning a title for them. Oh well, so what. He worked his butt off, did what he could, and they loved him for it. Now he's made a business decision to better his career elsewhere. I just can't fault a guy for that.

jresty1
07-09-2010, 01:58 AM
can any help me get lockerz referals

Sadds The Gr8
Okay, he doesn't owe them anything..But still, they worship him, and you can't deny it. I don't think this man gave two cares in the world about anyone in that city besides three men, he, himself, and him. (Obvious sarcasm), but still, I get where you're coming from..And I do know that makes sense...I just think it would've been better for the league if the competition remained there, and now, it's pretty much all-gone now. If it's not, that's great; Still, just think LeBron should've stayed, because I would have respected him more...

Maybe he wants to be viewed as a great teammate, or he wants his team to be viewed as great, not himself. Not everyone is the same. Of course he cared about leaving Cleveland....it's ridiculous to say he didnt. He was born there, grew up there, went to school there, has many friends and family there...He even looked very pissed off after they showed the clip of the Cavs fans burning his jersey. People are thinking about Cleveland's feelings, and not thinking about Lebron's feelings. In the end, it's his decision to leave. He makes his $, not Cleveland. He plays basketball, not Cleveland. People need to be more open minded instead of being so narrow...

Draco
It's not like I agree with him all the time. There's far worse people in the world than LBJ to direct your angst at. It could have been handled differently, but it is what it is. I just don't think LBJ can win regardless of what he does. If he stayed in Cleveland people would say he was all about the money and was content not winning and when he goes to a winning situation people call him a sellout. I guess I'm just not as passionate on this as other people are.

There are a lot of other things in life beside basketball to invest time in. I'm not sweating Lebron. I still think there's a case for collusion to be made. I still think at the least, he wasted a lot of people's time and money. However he might have damaged his legacy or reputation, I couldn't care less about. But I'm sure there's a case for that as well.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 01:59 AM

2 words: Cleveland, Miami

Its easy to be loyal when you live in South Beach. Its easy to "recruit" when you play in South Beach. And for the record, Wade didn't recruit anyone. The 3 of them got together and discussed it. The 1st thing they probably decided was Cleveland was out lol.

15carlos21
Shaq came to Kobe? What does that mean? And I hope you're joking about LBJ playing with Shaq. If not, then :facepalm:.

cleary the playful smiley face implies that i was joking :facepalm:

nr19
Egomaniac

Scumbag

Attention Whore

Classless

Sockeye
As a rule I generally don't wish injuries on players, but it sure would be interesting to see Wade break his hand come playoff time and then watch as Queen James crumbles under the weight of the team. Priceless.

TallicaFan87
07-09-2010, 02:00 AM
As a Knick fan I'm definitely disappointed he didn't come here and I don't think he made the right choice in making a lasting legacy when all is said and done. He's Wade's sidekick now which is fine, but it was definitely strange for someone so enamored with his legacy to go to another guy's team and basically be second fiddle. Signing with CHI, NY, CLE, etc...and bringing them to a championship would have been much more interesting in my mind. But its his decision to make, and I don't think he owed anybody anything.

The whole free agency period could have been done so much better by him though. The whole 1 hour special wasn't really necessary at all. And I firmly believe the three had an idea they were gonna be playing together if it was possible at all so it was a little messed up to bring all the interested teams through the whole crazy thing. The fact that he dodged the question on whether he knew he was gonna be playing with Bosh and Wade this year made that pretty obvious. It seemed pretty obvious they had the whole thing in Greenwich to keep Knicks fans interest and to get them to tune in even though they had no chance as well. The whole show was ridiculous. I don't think he owed Cleveland anything but it probably would have been common courtesy to not make them go through that whole thing for an hour.

Mr.Davidoo
07-09-2010, 02:02 AM

:clap::clap::clap:
your ryt... and shaq is the only superstar on that lakers team when he join them... not like wade and bosh who played at there prime plus wade won 1 title ryt..... and ryt now lebron should not acting like he's the one who will bring again the title to the heat...!

Draco
07-09-2010, 02:04 AM
As a Knick fan I'm definitely disappointed he didn't come here and I don't think he made the right choice in making a lasting legacy when all is said and done. He's Wade's sidekick now which is fine, but it was definitely strange for someone so enamored with his legacy to go to another guy's team and basically be second fiddle. Signing with CHI, NY, CLE, etc...and bringing them to a championship would have been much more interesting in my mind. But its his decision to make, and I don't think he owed anybody anything.

The whole free agency period could have been done so much better by him though. The whole 1 hour special wasn't really necessary at all. And I firmly believe the three had an idea they were gonna be playing together if it was possible at all so it was a little messed up to bring all the interested teams through the whole crazy thing. The fact that he dodged the question on whether he knew he was gonna be playing with Bosh and Wade this year made that pretty obvious. It seemed pretty obvious they had the whole thing in Greenwich to keep Knicks fans interest and to get them to tune in even though they had no chance as well. The whole show was ridiculous. I don't think he owed Cleveland anything but it probably would have been common courtesy to not make them go through that whole thing for an hour.

Especially if you really listened to what was saying.

Westbrook36
07-09-2010, 02:04 AM
No problem with it at all, he had to do what he had to do. MJ had Pippen, who I'd compare to Wade.

Tmath
07-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Biggest douche in sports history

RadiantShot
They do; But still. There was a time when A-Rod was worshiped in Seattle, a time when John Smoltz was worshiped in Atlanta. The point is these athletes move on at different stages of their careers. Sports is a tough business. It's about winning titles, being in a good city, being with people you enjoy, and making a lot of cash. It's hard to deny that LeBron didn't accomplish those.

Hey, that's fine, everyone has an opinion. I personally think this is better for the NBA because a Heat/Lakers final suddenly looks a hell of a lot more attractive than a Celtics/Lakers one or any other matchup the league could have given us. This is something that I think a lot of people will be obsessed with watching, so it's going to bring a heck of a lot of more attention to the NBA.

He might, who knows. He's also a young guy who is looking to have fun and win titles. Being in Miami with friends giving himself a great chance to win seems like a great time for now. He'll always be remembered as the NBA's diva and that's probably not a good thing, but he's going to (very likely) end his career having a great one.

It's a two way street. The city of Cleveland would have been dead for basketball the last 7 years. LeBron supplied those fans with great memories. I believe that trip to the NBA finals was the only one Cleveland has ever had, right? I mean, LeBron did so much for that organization, but came up short of winning a title for them. Oh well, so what. He worked his butt off, did what he could, and they loved him for it. Now he's made a business decision to better his career elsewhere. I just can't fault a guy for that.

Again, you come up with another great post, Tragedy.
I agree, simply put. It's all a bunch of speculation, and what we think this very night will not probably be what we think 10 years from now...So we can just wait and see how it plays out..Personally, I won't lie though; I did think the LeBron jersey-burning was WAY over-board...And I would never do that to Dwight Howard; my favorite player. Good stuff.

Jaji
Even though I think the ESPN special was a bit much, so what? You have to admit that this decision was a BIG deal. The only thing I can think of that compares is Shaq going to LA but this even tops that. July 8th has been circled on my calender for a long time and I'm sure it was on the minds of 99.9% of the basketball world. Why is it any different from a HS player holding a press conference to announce what school they're going to?

Bottom line is it was a big deal and millions of people watched it because they were intrigued by it. Some charities got some money, ESPN got paid, we got entertained. What's the problem? Don't act like you weren't watching. We all wanted to know. It's better than sitting on the toilet and getting a text message from your friend. This way, there was a scheduled time and we could all know at the time he made it official. If anyone deserves an hour FA signing special, it's LeBron.

Westbrook36
07-09-2010, 02:07 AM

your ryt... and shaq is the only superstar on that lakers team when he join them... not like wade and bosh who played at there prime plus wade won 1 title ryt..... and ryt now lebron should not acting like he's the one who will bring again the title to the heat...!

I'm willing to bet that LeBron didn't follow anyone, they most likely all talked about it before it actually happened, however Bosh+Wade made the move earlier.

Kobe was budding into a star.

TO to the CHI
07-09-2010, 02:08 AM

Can someone correct the Shaq came to Kobe statement please? The Lakers got them both in the same offseason. So unless the argument is that Shaq came to the Lakers to join Kobe as a high schooler who had never played in the NBA, I think it is safe to assume that his joining the Lakers was wholly unrelated to Kobe.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 02:09 AM

Jordan played in Chicago. Kobe plays in LA. Bird played in Boston. Magic played in LA. LeBron played in Cleveland. Cleveland.

nanablvd
07-09-2010, 02:09 AM
It's hard to believe one team got the top 3 free agents in one summer.

DisturbedFTW83
07-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Lebron is going to be hated on no matter what. I don't like him at all, but I respect his game. He's a beast. He's a 1B to a 1A i guess, he needs another superstar in their prime. now, he's got 2. I never saw him as the guy with a precision type jumper (ala kobe, allen, reggie miller) to end games. Now he's got a great finisher in Wade, a low post presence that can run the floor with him in Bosh. I can't hate on what he did because I know I'd do the same thing, but the extravaganza didn't have to be so overblown. ESPN should be ashamed they allowed this but hey, they made ratings tonight too. It's just that now, after a superstar is ready for Free Agency they'll have their own little special on ABC and ESPN now.

Be as it may, Lebron entered free agency, signed with a team, and is more than capable of winning a championship. It'll be entertaining to watch them 3 destroy my sixers. (just got sad there) so yeah, i'm pretty neutral.

DKGiants
07-09-2010, 02:15 AM
you HAVE TO HATE lebron now.. if you ever see him, curse him off, call him a pu$$y. I LOVED Lebron and just didnt want 1 thing and that was go to Miami. Im a Knicks fan and thought if he came to NY it would make the East like the 90's all over again with the playoffs worth the watch of every game. he is the biggest sellout you'll ever find. I wouldnt hate him honestly if he went to Miami with Wade and Bosh and Wade had never won a Championship before. If all three were ringless, I would enjoy watching how they workout together on the court. BUT, WADE WON MIAMI a Championship already which ruins everything.. Miami will always be WADE's city. Lebron will always go down as a player who needed two all-star players to win him a championship. he basicly went from being a great player and loved by everyone to a villain and will be hated by everyone everywhere he goes and his career is always gonna be looked at terribly no matter how many championships they win.. terrible choice. hope he never wins a championship and this could bring Shaq back there and Miami loves him almost like Wade

Korman12
07-09-2010, 02:16 AM
I don't hate him because athletes aren't murders. Some people care too much.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Even though I think the ESPN special was a bit much, so what? You have to admit that this decision was a BIG deal. The only thing I can think of that compares is Shaq going to LA but this even tops that. July 8th has been circled on my calender for a long time and I'm sure it was on the minds of 99.9% of the basketball world. Why is it any different from a HS player holding a press conference to announce what school they're going to?

Bottom line is it was a big deal and millions of people watched it because they were intrigued by it. Some charities got some money, ESPN got paid, we got entertained. What's the problem? Don't act like you weren't watching. We all wanted to know. It's better than sitting on the toilet and getting a text message from your friend. This way, there was a scheduled time and we could all know at the time he made it official. If anyone deserves an hour FA signing special, it's LeBron.
Exactly. Those that are complaining about the special watched it. We ALL did.

Korman12
07-09-2010, 02:19 AM
you HAVE TO HATE lebron now.. if you ever see him, curse him off, call him a pu$$y. he is the biggest sellout you'll ever find. I wouldnt hate him honestly if he went to Miami with Wade and Bosh and Wade had never won a Championship before. If all three were ringless, I would enjoy watching how they workout together on the court. BUT, WADE WON MIAMI a Championship already which ruins everything.. Miami will always be WADE's city. Lebron will always go down as a player who needed two all-star players to win him a championship. he basicly went from being a great player and loved by everyone to a villain and will be hated by everyone everywhere he goes and his career is always gonna be looked at terribly no matter how many championships they win.. terrible choice. hope he never wins a championship

No, I don't. I don't have to be the a**hole at game who yells at strangers for playing a sport.

I'm never gonna follow a rally-cry for being a d***head to somebody. That's not being a basketball fan, that's being d***. Maybe you don't like or agree with what he did - so be it, it's his choice.

The Raven
07-09-2010, 02:19 AM

agreed. After this, im not sure he can even be considered the GOAT. He quit on his team big time and went elsewhere

avrpatsfan
07-09-2010, 02:20 AM
I respect him for taming his ego and being on a team with 2 other superstars. And not going to the money in NY and Chicago.

Tragedy
Again, you come up with another great post, Tragedy.
I agree, simply put. It's all a bunch of speculation, and what we think this very night will not probably be what we think 10 years from now...So we can just wait and see how it plays out..Personally, I won't lie though; I did think the LeBron jersey-burning was WAY over-board...And I would never do that to Dwight Howard; my favorite player. Good stuff.
People react differently, no doubt about it. He gave 7 great years to them. I think Cleveland has a right to be shocked and upset, but taking it too far is a whole different matter.

People will complain and say things right now that as you said, in 10 years, we probably won't think about. We'll see how the rest of his career goes.

Jaji
Can someone correct the Shaq came to Kobe statement please? The Lakers got them both in the same offseason. So unless the argument is that Shaq came to the Lakers to join Kobe as a high schooler who had never played in the NBA, I think it is safe to assume that his joining the Lakers was wholly unrelated to Kobe.

My original point was that the Lakers are still reaping the benefits of signing Shaq because in order to do so they had to trade for Kobe. They wouldn't have had the cap space to sign him were it not for that trade. It just so happens that Kobe turned out to be one of the greatest of all time but no one knew that back then. Otherwise he would have been drafted higher than 13 and he wouldn't have been traded for Vlade Divac. I remember Jay Leno making a joke about it. He said by trading for Kobe, the Lakers were saving money to sign Shaq because when they go on road trips, Kobe could stay in the hotel for free. But clearly it was salary cap related.

And on a side note, LBJ didn't follow anyone. The 3 of them sat down and discussed where they were going.

Draco
07-09-2010, 02:22 AM
you HAVE TO HATE lebron now.. if you ever see him, curse him off, call him a pu$$y. I LOVED Lebron and just didnt want 1 thing and that was go to Miami. Im a Knicks fan and thought if he came to NY it would make the East like the 90's all over again with the playoffs worth the watch of every game. he is the biggest sellout you'll ever find. I wouldnt hate him honestly if he went to Miami with Wade and Bosh and Wade had never won a Championship before. If all three were ringless, I would enjoy watching how they workout together on the court. BUT, WADE WON MIAMI a Championship already which ruins everything.. Miami will always be WADE's city. Lebron will always go down as a player who needed two all-star players to win him a championship. he basicly went from being a great player and loved by everyone to a villain and will be hated by everyone everywhere he goes and his career is always gonna be looked at terribly no matter how many championships they win.. terrible choice. hope he never wins a championship and this could bring Shaq back there and Miami loves him almost like Wade

Ironically, I would have rather he gone to the Knicks than Miami.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 02:32 AM
hey guys, i think now this is the perfect time to post this video that describes lebron, and/or cavs fans/nba fans/stern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dlM3sHiMT0

:D

SundaeBest
07-09-2010, 02:35 AM
My original point was that the Lakers are still reaping the benefits of signing Shaq because in order to do so they had to trade for Kobe. They wouldn't have had the cap space to sign him were it not for that trade. It just so happens that Kobe turned out to be one of the greatest of all time but no one knew that back then. Otherwise he would have been drafted higher than 13 and he wouldn't have been traded for Vlade Divac. I remember Jay Leno making a joke about it. He said by trading for Kobe, the Lakers were saving money to sign Shaq because when they go on road trips, Kobe could stay in the hotel for free. But clearly it was salary cap related.

And on a side note, LBJ didn't follow anyone. The 3 of them sat down and discussed where they were going.

Err...you're arguing semantics....

Lebroom is a follower because he realized a championship team couldn't be built around him, so now he is going to be a centerpiece around Wade.

I am actually happy, I've been arguing for years that Wade (even though I despise the Heat) is a better player than james, and now he goes and proves it for me. :)

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Err...your arguing symantics....

Lebroom is a follower because he realized a championship team couldn't be built around him, so now he is going to be a centerpiece around Wade.

I am actually happy, I've been arguing for years that Wade (even though I despise the Heat) is a better player than james, and now he goes and proves it for me. :)
How does that prove that Wade is better? That's ridiculous. My god, people are just using annnnnything to bash LeBron right now, huh?

Why stay in Cleveland? Team is mediocre around him, and the city seems to be a little dumpy (though he probably likes it since he grew up there). Why

Why go to Miami? Great team, great city, good friends.

This has nothing to do with LeBron is scared, nothing to do with anyone being better than anyone. These three guys found a chance to play together and create an unrealistic team. Nothing more to be said. All of this BS is annoying and so uncalled for. People are just mad that he didn't remain in Cleveland.

The Raven
07-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Lebron is now quite possibly the most hated person in the NBA.

Can-I-Live
07-09-2010, 02:41 AM
i hate lebron now

Jaji
07-09-2010, 02:43 AM
How does that prove that Wade is better? That's ridiculous. My god, people are just using annnnnything to bash LeBron right now, huh?

Why stay in Cleveland? Team is mediocre around him, and the city seems to be a little dumpy (though he probably likes it since he grew up there). Why

Why go to Miami? Great team, great city, good friends.

This has nothing to do with LeBron is scared, nothing to do with anyone being better than anyone. These three guys found a chance to play together and create an unrealistic team. Nothing more to be said. All of this BS is annoying and so uncalled for. People are just mad that he didn't remain in Cleveland.

Thank you for answering that foolish post for me. LBJ to the Heat proves Wade is better? :laugh:

PistonsAllDaye
07-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Being a Pistons fan, I've personally hated him since around 2006/2007, but this whole Free-agent extravaganza has raised my bar for hating Lebron :/

twelvePack
07-09-2010, 02:52 AM
I hope Karma ends his career with an injury on Miami's opening night.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
I hope Karma ends his career with an injury on Miami's opening night.
That's pathetic.

greek miami hea
07-09-2010, 02:58 AM
I admire him.but what he said he really impressed me!!!dwyane wade is the unselfish guy,cause he wanted us to join him.i mean wow

twelvePack
07-09-2010, 03:06 AM
That's pathetic.

You know what is pathetic??? James actions, that's what. What he did to those fans and that city is ****ing pathetic. What he did, is everything wrong with the NBA in a nutshell.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
You know what is pathetic??? James actions, that's what. What he did to those fans and that city is ****ing pathetic. What he did, is everything wrong with the NBA in a nutshell.
So, because, as an adult, he made a business and personal choice to play in a different city, that's pathetic? What the hell? Kidding me? He had the freedom to sign wherever he wanted to. So, basically, people look at it as "LeBron should have stayed in Cleveland, or else he's pathetic" ...What? He played 7 years there; He was drafted there, he didn't go willingly (technically). He fulfilled his contract, brought life to that city, and now is moving on. How is that pathetic?

Pathetic is wishing injury on a person because you're mad he went to a differnt team. People take sports way too seriously; The guy made a choice to go from one city to another...And that's worthy of being called pathetic, worthy of career ending injury wishes?

This is pathetic. People's reactions are pathetic.

twelvePack
07-09-2010, 03:20 AM
So, because, as an adult, he made a business and personal choice to play in a different city, that's pathetic? What the hell? Kidding me? He had the freedom to sign wherever he wanted to. So, basically, people look at it as "LeBron should have stayed in Cleveland, or else he's pathetic" ...What? He played 7 years there; He was drafted there, he didn't go willingly (technically). He fulfilled his contract, brought life to that city, and now is moving on. How is that pathetic?

Pathetic is wishing injury on a person because you're mad he went to a differnt team. People take sports way too seriously; The guy made a choice to go from one city to another...And that's worthy of being called pathetic, worthy of career ending injury wishes?

This is pathetic. People's reactions are pathetic.

Yeah, it is pathetic. None of the greats willingly abandon their team. It would have been like Jordan walking out on the Bulls in his prime, or Magic on the Lakers, Bird on the Celtics, but the thought never would have crossed those guys minds. Sorry if you can't understand the magnitude of the bull **** move, but it is probably the biggest act of disloyality in professional sports history. Lebron took selfishness to a new level tonight.

Jaji
07-09-2010, 03:30 AM
Yeah, it is pathetic. None of the greats willingly abandon their team. It would have been like Jordan walking out on the Bulls in his prime, or Magic on the Lakers, Bird on the Celtics, but the thought never would have crossed those guys minds. Sorry if you can't understand the magnitude of the bull **** move, but it is probably the biggest act of disloyality in professional sports history. Lebron took selfishness to a new level tonight.

This just in: LeBron isn't the 1st player to sign with a new team in free agency. :speechless:

And free agency wasn't like it is today when Jordan, Magic and Bird were in their primes. It doesn't matter because I GUARANTEE you LeBron doesn't give a rat's arse what you think. He's going to win multiple ships and chill on South Beach.

Interviewer: Mr. James, twelvepack says you signing with the Heat is BS. How do you feel about that?

LBJ: Who the eff is twelvepack?

papisupremo
07-09-2010, 03:31 AM
1) KG and Allen didn't walk away from their cities, but people are complaining that it's a joke that these three could be a team. As I said, the Celtics Big 3 gave them a title; What's the big deal? Teams with stars can win.

2) Miami may not be more of a basketball city, but it's a beautiful city and prospering a hell of a lot more than the city of Cleveland. I can understand why someone would want the Miami nightlife over the Cleveland one.

3) LeBron was drafted 1, and that was his hometown. That's nice. He still owes them nothing. This is sports; It's a cut throat business. A player can be the face of the franchise but the team can drop them on their ***** if they don't play to their potential. So it's the same situation - LeBron had an opportunity to go elsewhere; Why is it such a bad thing that he left them? He's a human being and has a choice. Free agency was put in place to give these guys a choice. He made one. Maybe it's not the one you'd all like.

1. this has to do with the competitive nature of sport, and the competitive the nature that most of us, as alpha males, possess. this is also an issue that i have with the '08 celtics, although less so, since it was mostly ainge's butt-buddy's (mchale) doing.

the issue is this, a chip earned > a chip chased. the difference is this: ric flair says that to be the man, you have to beat the man. not join the man and his lil buddy!

fundamentals of chess says that to become smarter, you must beat a smarter opponent. these are the competitive issues that drive us, as alpha males, and the nba: competition. it is not to be taken lightly! lack of competition only serves to dilute the quality of your victory. if i beat a down syndrome kid in chess, yay i won! but the quality of my victory is suspect.

2. no argument! im a native ny'er but i live in miami, and its awesome! :cool:

3. here is where we disagree greatly. to say that lebron owes nothing to cleveland is quite selfish! and this lack of loyalty, along with the competitive issue, is what has tarnished his image so much.

im from ny, and in all my actions, i represent ny, like i represent my family, my heritage, my faith, all the elements that made me the man i am. cleveland showed him MAD love, so yeah, lebron does owe cleveland!! does he owe them his career? no, definitely not, but he does owe them the courtesy of not pulling off such a crass spectacle like we 'witnessed' tonight!! :facepalm:

if i were him, and played on the knicks, id give my career, my life, to my team and my city, because thats MY character. derek jeter grew up a yankee fan and look at his example! :clap:

opposite end of the spectrum, look at how durant handled announcing his extension. like a class act! with the team that drafted him! the right way.:clap:

stockton and malone? same thing, they got there and tried, but came up short. and when malone went to the lakers, he didnt poop all over jazz fans! :clap:

the fundamental thing that has posters here pissed at the queen is his lack of competitiveness, loyalty, class, humility, and work ethic! the things that lead to - you guessed it - character!! he is not a man to be respected, and therefore, i won't!:mad::mad:

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 03:33 AM
This just in: LeBron isn't the 1st player to sign with a new team in free agency. :speechless:

And free agency wasn't like it is today when Jordan, Magic and Bird were in their primes. It doesn't matter because I GUARANTEE you LeBron doesn't give a rat's arse what you think. He's going to win multiple ships and chill on South Beach.

Interviewer: Mr. James, twelvepack says you signing with the Heat is BS. How do you feel about that?

LBJ: Who the eff is twelvepack?
Truth to that.

Selfishness? Did I hear someone say it was selfishness to leave Cleveland? Guy is an adult and puts a round ball into a round hole. He plays a kids game and gets paid millions, and people are mad that he went from one city to another? Who the hell gives a crap? Anyone that tries to tell me about the "magnitude" of it, don't waste your time. I know it's "big"..But I still don't give a crap. He's an adult that made a decision to play with friends in a great city getting paid well and giving himself a great chance to win. Does it matter to him that he's not in Cleveland, or that he's not playing for that organization going forward? Probably not. Who gives a rats ***?

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 03:34 AM
He could've made his decision as low key as possible so he wouldn't rub it in the faces of the Cav fans. I would have no problem with that. But he decided to make a spectacle of it, and for all the wrong reasons. And I don't respect that.

Tragedy
07-09-2010, 03:35 AM
He could've made his decision low key so he wouldn't rub it in the faces of the Cav fans. I wouldn't have no problem with it. But he decided to make a spectacle of it, and for all the wrong reasons. And I don't respect that.
So, what should he have done? Had it come out like all other FA signings? Okay, he could have. And ESPN would have blown up, message boards and the internet would have blown up, and Cleveland and Miami would have blown up.

So, what's the difference if he did it on TV?

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 03:39 AM
So, what should he have done? Had it come out like all other FA signings? Okay, he could have. And ESPN would have blown up, message boards and the internet would have blown up, and Cleveland and Miami would have blown up.

So, what's the difference if he did it on TV?

Simple, because none of the players are doing it this way. It comes across as if LeBron figures his case more special than any other NBA player.

You didn't see KG go all out like this when he signed in Boston. And back in 'sota they still respect and adore him.

You can leave your team with grace or you can put fuel on the flames. LeBron fueled a fire he may not be able to extinguish.

THE MTL
07-09-2010, 03:44 AM
Look I understand that Knicks, Bulls, Nets fans are mad....but seriously we were all trying to do the same thing Heat did.

Knicks wanted: Lebron-Wade-Bosh. Proposed a plan to make it happen!

Bulls wanted: Rose-Lebron-Bosh. FAILED!

Nets wanted: Lebron-big man (Boozer/Amare/Bosh)-Lopez (he's an allstar)

SO SCREW OFF!!! Everyone is a hater and imma KNICKS fan! So what he made his decision and life goes on! I dont understand how you can hate a guy when he is taking LESS money and sacrificing his ego to win a championship!!!!!

Draco
07-09-2010, 03:49 AM
Look I understand that Knicks, Bulls, Nets fans are mad....but seriously we were all trying to do the same thing Heat did.

Knicks wanted: Lebron-Wade-Bosh. Proposed a plan to make it happen!

Bulls wanted: Rose-Lebron-Bosh. FAILED!

Nets wanted: Lebron-big man (Boozer/Amare/Bosh)-Lopez (he's an allstar)

SO SCREW OFF!!! Everyone is a hater and imma KNICKS fan! So what he made his decision and life goes on! I dont understand how you can hate a guy when he is taking LESS money and sacrificing his ego to win a championship!!!!!

I don't think you understand why some people are mad.

THE MTL
07-09-2010, 03:56 AM

People are mad for him hopping on this Miami Super squad. Also for making an ESPN special (WHICH ALL OF US WATCHED!!!!!). And stringing along Cavs (which he clearly didnt.....this Miami Superteam wasnt possible until about 2 days ago).

NBA-GMaster
07-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Just RELAX!! I respect LeBron James' decision for desperately to win a championship..
I was wondering did GM Grant tried anything to improve their roster like getting CP3 or CB4.. Not a single trade happened.. James was the one recruiting CP3 and CB4..

Its a very hard decision for LeBron to leave cleveland..

And another thing did anyone visit the official website of cavs in the nba.com, I was shock that they really post Dan Gilbert's letter..

znick21
07-09-2010, 04:04 AM
1. this has to do with the competitive nature of sport, and the competitive the nature that most of us, as alpha males, possess. this is also an issue that i have with the '08 celtics, although less so, since it was mostly ainge's butt-buddy's (mchale) doing.

the issue is this, a chip earned > a chip chased. the difference is this: ric flair says that to be the man, you have to beat the man. not join the man and his lil buddy!

fundamentals of chess says that to become smarter, you must beat a smarter opponent. these are the competitive issues that drive us, as alpha males, and the nba: competition. it is not to be taken lightly! lack of competition only serves to dilute the quality of your victory. if i beat a down syndrome kid in chess, yay i won! but the quality of my victory is suspect.

2. no argument! im a native ny'er but i live in miami, and its awesome! :cool:

3. here is where we disagree greatly. to say that lebron owes nothing to cleveland is quite selfish! and this lack of loyalty, along with the competitive issue, is what has tarnished his image so much.

im from ny, and in all my actions, i represent ny, like i represent my family, my heritage, my faith, all the elements that made me the man i am. cleveland showed him MAD love, so yeah, lebron does owe cleveland!! does he owe them his career? no, definitely not, but he does owe them the courtesy of not pulling off such a crass spectacle like we 'witnessed' tonight!! :facepalm:

if i were him, and played on the knicks, id give my career, my life, to my team and my city, because thats MY character. derek jeter grew up a yankee fan and look at his example! :clap:

opposite end of the spectrum, look at how durant handled announcing his extension. like a class act! with the team that drafted him! the right way.:clap:

stockton and malone? same thing, they got there and tried, but came up short. and when malone went to the lakers, he didnt poop all over jazz fans! :clap:

the fundamental thing that has posters here pissed at the queen is his lack of competitiveness, loyalty, class, humility, and work ethic! the things that lead to - you guessed it - character!! he is not a man to be respected, and therefore, i won't!:mad::mad:

couldn't agree more. i just can't help but feel he took the easy way out, no matter how bad he wants a championship. to be the best, you have to beat the best, he joined them. no matter how good this team ends up being (which i'm still slightly skeptical about) wade will always have one more ring than lebron. wade will be the player i remember, and i love lebron.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 04:05 AM
People are mad for him hopping on this Miami Super squad. Also for making an ESPN special (WHICH ALL OF US WATCHED!!!!!). And stringing along Cavs (which he clearly didnt.....this Miami Superteam wasnt possible until about 2 days ago).

gotham
07-09-2010, 04:08 AM
I used to be conflicted. I never liked the dude. I respected him but didnt like him. Now I don't respect him anymore so I guess the conflict is over. As a Knicks and Nets fan....I didnt think either had a chance, but what he did to the CAVs fans was crazy. He quit on them a time ago....but made it official with his 1 hour special. People say he wants to be more competitive but I think he wanted to stack the deck with as little competition as possible.

I just wanted to sign in and say that. (so mark me down for HATE)

Jaji
07-09-2010, 04:09 AM
to say that lebron owes nothing to cleveland is quite selfish! and this lack of loyalty, along with the competitive issue, is what has tarnished his image so much.

LeBron is not from Cleveland. He is from Akron. I say this because that is the main reason I like him. I grew up in Buffalo so we don't have a team. I have family in Akron and I spent several summers there visiting my cousins. So LeBron is sort of a hometown hero for me. Now all the people I know from Akron aren't necessarily fond of Cleveland. I remember going to a concert with my cousin in Cleveland and all he kept saying was how much he couldn't stand Cleveland. The city, the people, it sounded like Springfield vs Shelbyville if you're a Simpsons fan. So yeah, I don't buy that disloyal crap. I'm from Buffalo and if I was blessed enough to play professional sports in say, Rochestor, that wouldn't change where I'm from. So Jeter playing for the Yankees or you playing for the Knicks is totally different because LBJ didn't grow up a Cavs fan.

And that last part is complete BS. I already touched down on the loyalty part, but competitiveness? He simply wanted to win and he proved that tonight. Class? Meh, I didn't mind the hour special. I was looking forward to it. Do you wanna watch game 7 of the Finals live or see it flash across the bottom of your screen? I liked the build up and it was a big deal. People have been anticipating it for months. It was big news so why get bent out of shape for treating it like big news? Class? Humility? You may have a point there. But come on, any way he did it, it was going to be a huge thing. It would still be all over ESPN and all over this forum so what's the big problem?

Jaji
07-09-2010, 04:14 AM
Simple, because none of the players are doing it this way. It comes across as if LeBron figures his case more special than any other NBA player.

You didn't see KG go all out like this when he signed in Boston. And back in 'sota they still respect and adore him.

You can leave your team with grace or you can put fuel on the flames. LeBron fueled a fire he may not be able to extinguish.

But his case is more special than any other NBA player. Come on, you mean to tell me you weren't anticipating this announcement like everyone else? Did you watch it? If so then you really can't dis it.

Nikeman
07-09-2010, 04:18 AM
Browsing around the forums, I don't understand why we are receiving all this hate and having **** talked about our team.

The Miami Heat took a gamble, a HUGE gamble, and it ended up paying off. From about July 2-July 6th our REAL fans were terrified. We didn't expect LeBron or Bosh, we were not even sure if Wade was staying. All the reports were that he was favoring Chicago. We could have easily been the losers of this free agency. Had Wade went to Chicago, or had Bosh been traded to Cleveland, we would've been the losers.

Now that we won the gamble, I see all this hate for our team. The Heat won't win ****. I can only speak for myself, but most true Heat fans have been as humble as possible and are not going around the forums talking ****.

I agree with all the people who say we are not the favorites. The Heat have not built a team yet, they have built a CORE. The team will come. I also do not understand why people keep saying we will sign nobody else who is of quality. Raja Bell has been quoted as wanting to come back, Mike Miller is a potential signee, aparently he hasn't signed yet, Big Z, Allen Iverson, Eddie House, Jamal Magloire, Udonis Haslem? The last of quality role players, who will take the vet min to go on a quality team goes on and on.

Finally, why all the LeBron hate? I completely sympathize with Cavs fans, he was their hometown guy, and was supposed to put them out of their misery, BUT LeBron was trying to make the best decision for himself. Lets face it, a core of Mo Williams, Jamison, and LeBron won't make the finals, let alone get out of the East. They are getting old, and did not have any cap space to get anything done. I personally feel LBJ had the best core in Chicago, but its his choice.

Some are acting as if LBJ is a criminal, or a cheater like Tiger Woods. He honored his contract, actually made basketball prominent again and Cleveland, and left through Free Agency. If you guys want to burn his jersey fine, thats your right, but there are a lot bigger villains than James in sports and I hope you guys realize that.

Finally, Dan Gilbert, I understand your feelings, but some of the things he said were ridiculous. Win a title before James wins one? Who can Cleveland get? LeBron gave up in games 2, 4, 5, 6? I doubt that...

I just feel I needed to put my honest opinion out there, feel free to flame, or you can try and post a reasonable discussion and back what you say up with reasons so we can have a quality debate.

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 04:18 AM
But his case is more special than any other NBA player. Come on, you mean to tell me you weren't anticipating this announcement like everyone else? Did you watch it? If so then you really can't dis it.

Actually I didn't watch it :smoking:

Steveoknox24
07-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Of course I'm upset he didn't come to my team. How can I say I'm a fan if I wasn't?
But what really lowered my opinion of him this offseason, was that he seemed to go back on everything he claimed early in his career. He even contradicted himself within this free agency alone.
He stayed in Cleveland to meet with teams to not make a show of it. Well, the hour special certainly negates that.
LeBron was supposed to give Jordan a certifiable run for his money as the greatest to play the game. He had that chance with his decision this offseason. Joining Miami demolishes any shot at that. He's clearly no worthy of the Jordan comparison. This was supposed to be his idol, the guy he modeled himself after. Jordan would have stayed in Cleveland. He would have taken it upon himself for not winning. He did it in Chicago. And it took him a while to get it right. With all the talent in Miami, Lebron's game will not break the measurements. He'll at best level out, if not drop in talent. He's not the leader we thought he was, the leader he claimed to be. Jordan wasn't satisfied until he bested every superstar of his era. With this signing, Lebron never will. All the titles he may win will be questioned: Well he had Wad/Bosh, was it really him that made the difference? And when its all said and done, there will be one guy he hasn't bested. That's Dwayne Wade. Jordan thrived on rivalry. James just eliminated it.
I just feel stupid I believed he would be the Jordan of my era.

sfgs558
07-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Why does everybody hate Lebron now? I understand that he supposedly quit on the cavs. I understand that he had to steal the spotlight and put his decision on ESPN. I understand all of that.. But he was in a lose lose situation this free agency period. But think about his options. He gave Cleveland seven years, and they never surrounded him with championship calibur talent. All of the best players had great players around them. If Lebron would have chosen Cleveland tonight, what would have you all said ten years from now if he never won a championship. What would have you said about his legacy then? People are mad that he went on live TV to feed his ego. In fact, he is taking less money, and SHARING the spotlight with Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade- who you can say is still the face of that team. Cleveland was great to Lebron, but he didn't owe them anything, he gave them everything he had.

Nikeman
07-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Forgot to add, Dan Gilbert wasn't even known until LeBron came in the picture.

He more than doubles the value of the Cavs franchise. He needs to appreciate that!

Gators123
07-09-2010, 04:26 AM
I feel the same way.

Kevj77
07-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Why does everybody hate Lebron now? I understand that he supposedly quit on the cavs. I understand that he had to steal the spotlight and put his decision on ESPN. I understand all of that.. But he was in a lose lose situation this free agency period. But think about his options. He gave Cleveland seven years, and they never surrounded him with championship calibur talent. All of the best players had great players around them. If Lebron would have chosen Cleveland tonight, what would have you all said ten years from now if he never won a championship. What would have you said about his legacy then? People are mad that he went on live TV to feed his ego. In fact, he is taking less money, and SHARING the spotlight with Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade- who you can say is still the face of that team. Cleveland was great to Lebron, but he didn't owe them anything, he gave them everything he had.He handled the situation like a *******. Then I remember he is only 25 and rich. He's just a kid still, but he played it the wrong way. He had to take the spotlight, be a attention whore and screw his hometown on national TV.

I don't blame him for leaving or taking the best shot at a ring(s).

junion
07-09-2010, 04:37 AM
people said he's not as good as the greats because he doesn't have a ring - so he went for one

people said he needs better players around him - he went for that

people said he should accept less money to get a ring - he's' doing that

..pretty much he owned everyone... it reminds me of when a parent says "be quiet" to their kids, and the kid doesn't say a word for the rest of the day even after the parent asks them questions or tells them to talk.

Nikeman
So? No response huh..

zo#33
Jealousy. Same as with the lakers, kobe, and other great teams in other sports

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 04:42 AM
The reason why im pissed is because if hes going to leave Cleveland, why would he go on TV? He cant write a check to Boys and Girls of America? He has to have sponsers write the checks for a 1 hour special that has NEVER been done before, because no one has ever felt the need to announce their free agency plans on Live TV at a scheduled time

Also, its a slap in the face to Knick fans, doing it not only 30 min from NYC, from 5 minutes from the Practice facility. Granted, the Boys and Girls headquarters is in Greenwich, but again, he couldnt simply write a check for 2M or however much they got? Also He didnt mention the Knicks once in the interview, in any regard. He mentioned the Nets, and Bulls, but not the team that got the player he was begging for in Cleveland just 4 months ago

Tonight showed complete and utter disrespect towards the Cavs, and anybody that respects the history of the sport. It was all for him to get attention

Not to mention he blatently ignored kids standing outside who were with the program because they were holding signs "Please go to the Knicks"

Nikeman
07-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Jealousy. Same as with the lakers, kobe, and other great teams in other sports

Exactly.. jealousy

let the haters hate..

Jaji
07-09-2010, 04:44 AM
He handled the situation like a *******. Then I remember he is only 25 and rich. He's just a kid still, but he played it the wrong way. He had to take the spotlight, be a attention whore and screw his hometown on national TV.

I don't blame him for leaving or taking the best shot at a ring(s).

You think the ESPN thing was his idea? And Cleveland is not his hometown. He's from Akron.

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 04:45 AM
You think the ESPN thing was his idea? And Cleveland is not his hometown. He's from Akron.

It was his idea. he planned it out

robdizzle3
07-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Im not gonna say I hate him, but the way he did Cleveland was just wrong and I cant muster a good feeling about this guy. I expected him to leave Cleveland and he should've, but he could've handled it in a whole different matter than what he did. He got selfish and wanted to be different than everybody else have a Presser.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 04:47 AM
actually i respect the heat even more then i did, a lot more infact. Pat Riley was a total genius. I think it's Bosh and Lebron that they hate now lol...As for Wade, he still considered the most humble guy (not gonna argue that i agree) compared to the other 2.

Nikeman
07-09-2010, 04:48 AM
actually i respect the heat even more then i did, a lot more infact. Pat Riley was a total genius. I think it's Bosh and Lebron that they hate now lol...As for Wade, he still considered the most humble guy (not gonna argue that i agree) compared to the other 2.

You bring up another point. Bosh also left Toronto, you don't see their fans rioting and the Raptors owner writing open letters.

Steveoknox24
07-09-2010, 04:50 AM
people said he's not as good as the greats because he doesn't have a ring - so he went for one

people said he needs better players around him - he went for that

people said he should accept less money to get a ring - he's' doing that

..pretty much he owned everyone... it reminds me of when a parent says "be quiet" to their kids, and the kid doesn't say a word for the rest of the day even after the parent asks them questions or tells them to talk.

My opinion of greatness has always been a guy who can revolutionize a team. Build it into a dynasty by example. I've never heard anyone criticize Lebron for having a big contract either. I know he was pressured for rings but the consensus was that he'd eventually get them because he was that good. And the surrounding players, that's not under his control. If he had cause to leave Cleveland, it was that the FO couldn't figure out how to pick up role players. Rather they sought out guys they thought were stars. I always thought Lebron only required a number two and team of role/situational players. Its what Jordan did. Pippen wasn't a superstar, simply a great secondary guy. The rest of those guys on the Bulls were role players.
But there I go again, thinking LeBron was ever gonna match up with MJ.

R cool J
07-09-2010, 04:50 AM
You bring up another point. Bosh also left Toronto, you don't see their fans rioting and the Raptors owner writing open letters.

Yeah but he also didnt have a 1 hour special regarding where he was gonna go...even you have to admit that was a bit over the top

Allstar21
07-09-2010, 04:53 AM
The reason why im pissed is because if hes going to leave Cleveland, why would he go on TV? He cant write a check to Boys and Girls of America? He has to have sponsers write the checks for a 1 hour special that has NEVER been done before, because no one has ever felt the need to announce their free agency plans on Live TV at a scheduled time

Except for every single major high school football and basketball player that picks his college. Hell ESPNU dedicates an entire all day event to this. All star football games are played on network television where high school athletes announce their choices.

Nikeman
07-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Yeah but he also didnt have a 1 hour special regarding where he was gonna go...even you have to admit that was a bit over the top

For sure.. again I understand the Cavs feeling of betrayal, but him becoming te biggest villain in sports is a bit over the top

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Last time I checked, High School, and College players dont get paid, or have agents until they become pros, unless they go to USC

D Roses Bulls
07-09-2010, 04:58 AM
I know I know another Lebron thread, but I gotta ask people. Personally I see why people are mad. I think Chicago was the best choice, but I understand why he went to Miami. SO do you guys think he is the most hated man in basketball now?

Allstar21
07-09-2010, 04:58 AM
Last time I checked, High School, and College players dont get paid, or have agents until they become pros, unless they go to USC

Last time I checked pro sports is about entertainment, and this special was freaking entertaining.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2010, 04:59 AM
I think its human nature. I was in the Heat forum when they thought Wade might bolt to Chicago and some of the biggest Heat fans were calling him a d%$k, @$$hole, B$#ch and many other names. Toronto did not care if Bosh left. He never did anything for them. Wade did things for Miami. Lebron did things for Cleveland. You become attached to these people and it hurts when you think they dont want you anymore. Just like a girlfriend. If you found out she was leaving you for another guy, you would talk crap about that guy even if you did not know him. It will pass.

TheGsw
Kobe is still probably hated more.

Teufelshunde4
Nikeman

Why does this bother you? Does it matter what any other fans are saying? No it doesnt.... Its now up to the players to go out and win.. Anything less than a championship will be a failure..
The Cavs fans are making me laugh though... The man didnt owe them anything.. LBJ earned his free agency and made his own choice.. Cleveland peple are acting as if half the city will become unemployed because LBJ left.. Hell Chicago didnt end after MJ left.... Life go's on..

D Roses Bulls
07-09-2010, 05:01 AM

I don't know......I mean even ESPN seems like they are turning on him in a sense with all these stories they are publishing. the thing is I don't think they would of in thepast, but I think ESPN wanted him to go to new york.

Kevj77
07-09-2010, 05:02 AM
You think the ESPN thing was his idea? And Cleveland is not his hometown. He's from Akron.It was his idea. His people approached ESPN about the special. Akron is close to Cleveland, he is a Ohio native and played 7 years in Cleveland. He is a hometown hero.

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 05:02 AM
That has nothing to do with the comment. So if Brett Favre proposed to have an hour special with ESPN to announce what hes doing, when it only takes 15 seconds, it would be ok, because its sports, and its "freaking" entertainment?

R cool J
07-09-2010, 05:03 AM
For sure.. again I understand the Cavs feeling of betrayal, but him becoming te biggest villain in sports is a bit over the top

I think people are just upset that he very well has tarnished his legacy...Lebron could have been great...greater than MJ, but i think alot of basketball fans are just disappointed it wont come to that. That LBJ can now be classified as a follower...i mean the raptors were willing to do a sign and trade with the cavs, but Bosh didnt wanna go there, knowing LBJ would have def resigned if he was traded there...the fact that he has followed Bosh on his terms (signing with the heat) of all people kind of disappoints me. Miami will no doubt be a contender, on paper this team is the most talented for sure, if they mesh then yes they can win the championship, so yeah i don't think people are hating on Miami...maybe Heat band wagoners, but i think people are just shocked that LBJ took this route.

TheGsw
07-09-2010, 05:05 AM
I don't know......I mean even ESPN seems like they are turning on him in a sense with all these stories they are publishing. the thing is I don't think they would of in thepast, but I think ESPN wanted him to go to new york.

More people will hate LeBron but Im just have to go with Kobe as the most hated.

Bornknick73
07-09-2010, 05:06 AM
The brother did say winning is the most important thing to him. He took less money and lessened the legacy of King James to win titles. In most cases we celebrate a guy when he sticks to his word when it comes to winning.

In the end it wasnt about him wanting to be the Man, or wanting the money and fame. It came down to taking less money to win titles. the man kept his word. He truely is all about winning. I cant be mad.

but my Knicks didnt roll over and die. We came out of this thing way better then previous years and in better position too. So as far as im concerned it worked out for everybody.

D Roses Bulls
07-09-2010, 05:06 AM

I've stated before, I hated Lebron, I wanted him on the bulls or heat, or magic because im a fan and it makes sense, but the one hour special, and such, just made me hate him more even though i do wish the heat luck

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2010, 05:07 AM
I think people are just upset that he very well has tarnished his legacy...Lebron could have been great...greater than MJ, but i think alot of basketball fans are just disappointed it wont come to that. That LBJ can now be classified as a follower...i mean the raptors were willing to do a sign and trade with the cavs, but Bosh didnt wanna go there, knowing LBJ would have def resigned if he was traded there...the fact that he has followed Bosh on his terms (signing with the heat) of all people kind of disappoints me. Miami will no doubt be a contender, on paper this team is the most talented for sure, if they mesh then yes they can win the championship, so yeah i don't think people are hating on Miami...maybe Heat band wagoners, but i think people are just shocked that LBJ took this route.

Who do you think he should have gone to though? Even though he is following Bosh and Wade to Miami, he is still the best player out of the 3. He would still be the main man. Wade and Bosh would not win a ring by themselves. Lebron might put them over the top.

D Roses Bulls
07-09-2010, 05:08 AM
The brother did say winning is the most important thing to him. He took less money and lessened the legacy of King James to win titles. In most cases we celebrate a guy when he sticks to his word when it comes to winning.

In the end it wasnt about him wanting to be the Man, or wanting the money and fame. It came down to taking less money to win titles. the man kept his word. He truely is all about winning. I cant be mad.

but my Knicks didnt roll over and die. We came out of this thing way better then previous years and in better position too. So as far as im concerned it worked out for everybody.

But the only problem I have is he calls him self king..... so if you are a king then shouldnt you wanna lead? so thats another reason why the bulls were the better choice for him. he ruined his image cause it will always be wades team. i dont know how you call your self king and be the number 2 guy on a team.

JNA17
07-09-2010, 05:08 AM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506539

just look a the comments from cavs fans in their site and you will see how much he meant to them more then bosh even meant to raptors fans

Jerseyball
07-09-2010, 05:11 AM
Why would LeBron want to stay in Cleveland where those losers haven't won a championship in 50 years, now he has a chance to win multiple chamionships. He gave all he could for 7 years and those sorry *** Cavaliers couldn't win one 'ship. Why would he want to stay?

http://www.canada-jerseys.com/NBA-Jerseys/Miami-Heat/

Reddd
07-09-2010, 05:12 AM
''If you can't beat' em, join' em'' mentality just ain't right imo

Bornknick73
07-09-2010, 05:13 AM
But the only problem I have is he calls him self king..... so if you are a king then shouldnt you wanna lead? so thats another reason why the bulls were the better choice for him. he ruined his image cause it will always be wades team. i dont know how you call your self king and be the number 2 guy on a team.

I agree but hes basically saying winning is more imprtant then being the King. I guess I gotta respect that. I still think hes gutless. And was afraid to take on the challenge of beating Wade. I guess he didnt want a Frazier or Hagler. Too bad, it woulda made for some damn good basketball.

downsos
07-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Do you really not understand why people hate the Heat? Put yourself in others shoes, how would you feel if Lebron and Bosh went to Cleveland and Wade had a 1 hour special and joined them. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be saying the same thing and feeling what a lot of fans are feeling.

Kyben36
07-09-2010, 05:14 AM
I dont hate the heat, I just dislike there players

Wade is a prick, doing all of this recruiting BS, he is no better then lebron, he knew he could not win a championship, so he made sure that the best player other then himself would help him win. he had dirty tactics, did dirty **** behind closed doors. he woudl have left Miami if Bosh and James didnt come, because he is no better then Lebron.
Bosh is a little ****ing *****, ALl he wanted to do is tag along with wade or James, he is like that kid that follows you around that you dont like,
James sold out. plain and simple.

these 3 combined are just D Bags. especaily bosh, bosh would not have gone to a team on his own if his life depended on it, I think he would have gone to CLE b4 that. total tool. James and wade both sold out to win a ring. Cant stand any of them anymore.

R cool J
07-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Who do you think he should have gone to though? Even though he is following Bosh and Wade to Miami, he is still the best player out of the 3. He would still be the main man. Wade and Bosh would not win a ring by themselves. Lebron might put them over the top.

He is def the best of the three, but the fact that he has to play with two other top notch players to get his ring is what's disappointing. I don't know about you but to me the Heat will always be Wade's team.

edit:
I think he should have stayed in Cleveland...Finish what he started...all this talk about Cleveland didnt surround him with this and that and blah and blah is just BS...Im pretty sure he had to sign off on the Shaq and Antawn deals...His team just got cold at the wrong time.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 05:18 AM
I don't think it will always be Wades team. He's got the ring, but The Heat also won 15 games with him at the helm, injured or not (He still played 50 games). It will be about what they can accomplish together; look at the Celtics for example.

Everyone outside of South Beach may all be annoyed with this decision, but it was a move based on winning. He's willing to put up with all of our crap, all the criticism that he couldn't lead, or be the main guy, just to win. It's a double edged sword, but it says a lot about be willing to win even if your legacy as an individual is considered tarnished.

Bornknick73
07-09-2010, 05:19 AM
He went from the King to the Prince. But its his image so I can care less. Just shows me he got no heart. He was afraid to lead a team himself. So he''ll ride Wades coat tails. Give them a few years...it'll blow up. Egos that big cant be kept in check for too long before the novelty wears off.

Allstar21
07-09-2010, 05:20 AM
That has nothing to do with the comment. So if Brett Favre proposed to have an hour special with ESPN to announce what hes doing, when it only takes 15 seconds, it would be ok, because its sports, and its "freaking" entertainment?

If people watched it then uhhh why not? Bcuz you don't want to see it? Bcuz it changes your opinion of a player?

You are not making any sense or logical points as to why it shouldn't be a show. Yes it only takes 15 seconds...as does making the final pick on the show "the bachelor" or the elimination in "Survivor"
Should they not have the rest of the show then? If people will watch then why the hell not. If you don't like it, turn the channel on your TV or (like this would actually happen) go outside.

Seriously....what is your argurement against this show? That announcing his decision only takes 15 seconds? How come you aren't getting your panties in a bunch about Wade or Bosh's announcement that lasted more time than it actually took to make.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2010, 05:22 AM
He is def the best of the three, but the fact that he has to play with two other top notch players to get his ring is what's disappointing. I don't know about you but to me the Heat will always be Wade's team.

I really hate that argument. I dont know when it turned into you not only have to win a ring, you have to do it with crappy players at your side. Magic played with Kareem, Worthy and Byron Scott. Not to mention the best perimeter defender in the NBA in Cooper. Does Magic not get credit for winning 5 rings. Does anyone say Kareem really only has one title as opposed to 6. Even the one he won when he was not with the Lakers, he had Oscar Robertson by his side. Does anyone say Birds titles are less impressive because he had 2 other top 50 players ever? Does Shaq not have 3 rings cause he had a future MVP Kobe on his team?

I hate when people say Kobe only has 2 rings cause he won 3 with Shaq. So I cant in good conscience do the same to Lebron. Basketball is a team sport. We all hate when guys just go for the money. Well, these guys are going for the titles and we still talk crap about them.

The Raven
07-09-2010, 05:23 AM
Its more that i hate how the players conducted themselves more then I hating the heat. Lebron's image is tarnished forever now i think. Basically left the Cavs high and dry. Thats something i can't respect

Impulse
07-09-2010, 05:23 AM

Wade is a prick, doing all of this recruiting BS, he is no better then lebron, he knew he could not win a championship, so he made sure that the best player other then himself would help him win. he had dirty tactics, did dirty **** behind closed doors. he woudl have left Miami if Bosh and James didnt come, because he is no better then Lebron.

Wade is a proven winner and finals MVP. He carried a lottery team that was without him probably worse than the Nets to the fifth seed in the East twice in a row and was arguably the MVP of the 2008-2009 season.

Anyway, it ultimately comes down to winning. These players are good friends and wanted to put themselves in the best situation to win. Is that really such a bad thing?

Just settle down.

The Raven
07-09-2010, 05:27 AM
After what has occured, i would say he's by far the most hated. He's taken Kobe's spot

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2010, 05:29 AM

edit:
I think he should have stayed in Cleveland...Finish what he started...all this talk about Cleveland didnt surround him with this and that and blah and blah is just BS...Im pretty sure he had to sign off on the Shaq and Antawn deals...His team just got cold at the wrong time.

I hoped he would stay in Cleveland too. Just for the sake of the city. But like I said earlier, Bosh turned down 30 million just to stay away from there. Lebron had to see no top notch free agent was going to sign with Cleveland. If he would have stayed there, he would have never won anything.

And yes, his teams did get cold at the wrong time. Part of the blame I put on Lebron. If his troops always see him biting his nails looking tight as f#$k in the playoffs, there are going to tighten up too. During the regular season, its all fun and games and they are all loose cause he is jumping around, dancing, taking fake pictures and so on and so on. In the playoffs, he stops all that and looks tight. His teammates saw that and their buttholes tighten up too. As soon as he becomes about basketball and getting the job done, he will be scary. But as long as his teams practice their pre game introduction dance more than the offense, he will never lead anyone to anything.

D Roses Bulls
07-09-2010, 05:30 AM
I agree but hes basically saying winning is more imprtant then being the King. I guess I gotta respect that. I still think hes gutless. And was afraid to take on the challenge of beating Wade. I guess he didnt want a Frazier or Hagler. Too bad, it woulda made for some damn good basketball.

I understand about the winning, but you dont think he could of won with the bulls? they have the pieces in place and everything. i like the heat over every other team besides the bulls he could of gone to, but he ruined his image. when miami wins the rings, they will credit wade like they did with shaq for the first 3 in L.A.

R cool J
I really hate that argument. I dont know when it turned into you not only have to win a ring, you have to do it with crappy players at your side. Magic played with Kareem, Worthy and Byron Scott. Not to mention the best perimeter defender in the NBA in Cooper. Does Magic not get credit for winning 5 rings. Does anyone say Kareem really only has one title as opposed to 6. Even the one he won when he was not with the Lakers, he had Oscar Robertson by his side. Does anyone say Birds titles are less impressive because he had 2 other top 50 players ever? Does Shaq not have 3 rings cause he had a future MVP Kobe on his team?

I hate when people say Kobe only has 2 rings cause he won 3 with Shaq. So I cant in good conscience do the same to Lebron. Basketball is a team sport. We all hate when guys just go for the money. Well, these guys are going for the titles and we still talk crap about them.

Yeah but the only difference is this team was assembled through trades, and drafts...Magic didn't ask to play with them, they just did...all I'm saying is that LBJ sold out, and took the easy way out. Michael tooks his bumps and bruises before he finally got over the hump...the same team that won 3 championships in a row was the same team that go bullied by the bad boys...but Mike stuck to it...bottom line LBJ didn't...he copped out.

magichatnumber9
Mr. Kobe Bryant please step off of the pedestal. The ugliest face in basketball next to Sheldon Williams has taken that spot

D Roses Bulls
07-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Mr. Kobe Bryant please step off of the pedestal. The ugliest face in basketball next to Sheldon Williams has taken that spot

lol........

Ron!n
07-09-2010, 05:34 AM
111 votes wow

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 05:36 AM
Wow this thread was a waste of time.

jackdawson
07-09-2010, 05:37 AM

Best Laker fan on PSD is JNA17. Always liked your posts :)

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Yeah but the only difference is this team was assembled through trades, and drafts...Magic didn't ask to play with them, they just did...all I'm saying is that LBJ sold out, and took the easy way out. Michael tooks his bumps and bruises before he finally got over the hump...the same team that won 3 championships in a row was the same team that go bullied by the bad boys...but Mike stuck to it...bottom line LBJ didn't...he copped out.

I see your point. But Lebron is not MJ. They are different people. Saying MJ would not have done that has nothing to do with Lebron. Lebron is not a maniacal competitor. He is a competitor, but winning and showing he is the best is not his style. That was how it was for MJ. He had a chip on his shoulder. Kobe has the same issue. He was winning rings with Shaq and wanted to leave the Lakers to show he could do it by himself. Lebron does not have that need to show he is the best.

We also dont know how Magic would have handled always losing. He never faced that scenario. If he was in Cleveland for his first 7 years, and they did not win anything, and he saw the Lakers had an open spot at PG, with Kareem at center, Worthy, Scott and Cooper on the roster, I think he would have bolted to join them.

I cant believe I am defending LBJ :facepalm:

MelanconMadness
07-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Theyre job is to play the sport. Thats why theyre rich, and famous is it not?

Im not complaining about Bosh or Wade, or Amare, or Joe Johnson, because they didnt go on ESPN, have a 1 hour special with the only purpose being to sign with a team, a team everyone knew he was signing with by lunchtime. Who in the world do you know that has ever done what LeBron did last night. And not high school or college kids, as they dont make money

BigTimeLakerFan
07-09-2010, 05:43 AM
I am a Lakers fan and I am excited to see a Lakers Heat matchup and will not be upset if the heat happen to win a title against the lakers because they have 3 great players Wade being the best player and the leader of the pack...Bosh a good low post player and Lebron is free to do what he likes and takes all the pressure of his shoulders to be the leader because he is not and does not have the characteristics of a leader. Cant hate on them they are doing everything and anything in their power to win a title and putting $$$ aside. I can understand why people are hating on lebron just like how i do and have no respect for the guy because of the way eh carries himself and is an attention whore. Wade or Bosh didnt do act the way he did and the guy had a 1 hour special announcing where he will go and put himself on a peddlestool. Lebron is very arrogant and full of himself. Wade will lead the team and put them on his shoulders and take them to the finals. Lakers Heat will be a great matchup Kobe vs Wade check I will give it to Kobe...Gasol vs Bosh I give it to Gasol....Artest vs Lebron it will be a dog fight Artest defense against Lebron offense AMAZING!!!

gcoll
It's because, while they aren't cheating, it kind of feels like they are.

Bruno
I understand about the winning, but you dont think he could of won with the bulls? they have the pieces in place and everything. i like the heat over every other team besides the bulls he could of gone to, but he ruined his image. when miami wins the rings, they will credit wade like they did with shaq for the first 3 in L.A.

But it's stupid how people do that, it's about what the stars do together. James will be just as important in a championship run as Wade. The past is past, the future is now.

ARMIN12NBA
07-09-2010, 05:48 AM

Truthfully, this is going to be such a huge blow to Lebron's career and he will forever regret this decision.

Even if they win a championship, ignorant fans and media will claim that they were "supposed" to win a championship. If they do not, then Lebron will forever be known as the superstar billed as "better than Jordan" who could not win as a 1st option or Co-1st option. That will be a damning blow.

Lebron should have gone to the Knicks. He becomes immortal no matter what. He is in New York and will be the main man. Plus, he is only 25 years old and the Knicks had potential to throw out a really good squad. Instead of joining the superstars, which almost looks cowardly, he should have CHALLENGED them. Pair up with Amare, become a god in New York, and still have a legitimate chance at a championship. By doing this, he wouldn't destroy his legacy.

Now, even with championships, I don't see Lebron ever being able to become known as a top 5 player of all time. Before, one or two would have gotten him there.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 05:49 AM
We hate him cause we ain't him.

25 years old, holds the entire economy of a major US city in the palm of his hand, has multi million dollar companies clearing their payroll and begging for him to play in their city, and the attention of the entire sports world. "The decision" on ESPN was ridiculous but at least he made 2.5 million for charity.

Now that it's over I think Wade and Bosh were down for Miami but James was on the fence, maybe leaning against it. When Bosh and Wade came out and said they were signing with the Heat, that was the pitch. Towards the end of the interview Wilbon asked if they wanted to say anything else to sell LeBon. The entire interview was a sell! And it worked.

If LeBron wasn't on the fence, or leaning against Miami- he would have asked Wade and Bosh to wait to disclose their decision.

R cool J
07-09-2010, 05:50 AM
I see your point. But Lebron is not MJ. They are different people. Saying MJ would not have done that has nothing to do with Lebron. Lebron is not a maniacal competitor. He is a competitor, but winning and showing he is the best is not his style. That was how it was for MJ. He had a chip on his shoulder. Kobe has the same issue. He was winning rings with Shaq and wanted to leave the Lakers to show he could do it by himself. Lebron does not have that need to show he is the best.

We also dont know how Magic would have handled always losing. He never faced that scenario. If he was in Cleveland for his first 7 years, and they did not win anything, and he saw the Lakers had an open spot at PG, with Kareem at center, Worthy, Scott and Cooper on the roster, I think he would have bolted to join them.

I cant believe I am defending LBJ :facepalm:

Eh, i just think he tarnished his legacy that's all. When his career is said and done I don't think he should be considered or mentioned as the greatest player of all time.

edit:

On a side note, you know Lebron is a narcissistic prick, when he referred to himself in the third person like 4 times in one sentence in his interview with Wilbon

RulerSlick
07-09-2010, 05:53 AM
We hate him cause we ain't him.

Very true

25 years old, holds the entire economy of a major US city in the palm of his hand, has multi million dollar companies clearing their payroll and begging for him to play in their city, and the attention of the entire sports world. "The decision" on ESPN was ridiculous but at least he made 2.5 million for charity.

Also true

Now that it's over I think Wade and Bosh were down for Miami but James was on the fence, maybe leaning against it. When Bosh and Wade came out and said they were signing with the Heat, that was the pitch. Towards the end of the interview Wilbon asked if they wanted to say anything else to sell LeBon. The entire interview was a sell! And it worked.

Had Bosh got traded to the cavs, Lebron would still be a Cavs. Had Wade wen to Chicago, Lebron would probably still be a Cav. Bosh turning down the sign and trade basically changed everything.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-09-2010, 05:54 AM

Wade is a prick, doing all of this recruiting BS, he is no better then lebron, he knew he could not win a championship, so he made sure that the best player other then himself would help him win.
It's not like he had not won one already lol. I don't like the new Heat team but that's just hating, come on man..

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Eh, i just think he tarnished his legacy that's all. When his career is said and done I don't think he should be considered or mentioned as the greatest player of all time.

He probably did. I just find the reasons that he tarnished his legacy to be funny. I just think, if you are a great player, and you put up great player stats on a winning team, you are great. It does not matter who your teammates are. That being said, I still dont see them winning any rings any time soon. Lakers baby!!! We got the dude in my sig. I bet he is in the gym right now after hearing the news.

itsripcity32
07-09-2010, 05:57 AM
**** bandwagons

mynameismo
07-09-2010, 06:00 AM
I don't hate Miami, I have all the respect for Wade. It's more of a Lebron hate because of how he handled this all FA frenzy.

Champology
07-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Because Miami is a horrible sports town..U huys never sell out with a top 3 player..that doesn't happen in real sports towns...Do I need to even mention the support the 2 time ws champs get lol....a bunch of Hatians and Cubans in Miami anyone whos been thier knows that its like a foriegn country......As for Lebron I NEVER IN 30 YRS OF WATHN NBA SEEN SOMEONE QUIT IN THE POFFS...NEVER COMPAIR THIS GUY TO MJ HES NOWHERE NEAR THE PLAYER,TEAMMATE AND MAN....WHAT A STROKE

NYKalltheway
07-09-2010, 06:38 AM
I don't hate the Heat. It's just that with those 3 it's like you are cheating :p

My hopes now lie on Dolan/Walsh/D'Antoni to find 1-2 good players to create a playoff team, and next year sign the two players we need(the PG and the SF you know I'm talking about) so that we become better than the Heat.

You have to face it though, you have no real depth, but there's still a long way to get a few additions. It might lead to a Heat dynasty for years, it might as well be an epic failure. At least you got part 1 started by getting Lebron and Bosh...

Looking forward for the old rivalry with the Heat, but I don't have high hopes for the series :)

FarOutIos
07-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Its more that i hate how the players conducted themselves more then I hating the heat. Lebron's image is tarnished forever now i think. Basically left the Cavs high and dry. Thats something i can't respect

What would cleveland have done to Lebron if he sucked. They would have left him high and dry. C'mon man! It's a business. NO team is loyal to a player, why should the player be loyal to the team?

If teams were really as LOYAL as the Cavs wanted Lebron to be, the whole Cav team would only be filled with players from Cleveland...

SportsAndrew25
07-09-2010, 07:42 AM
I cant stand him, but I am not a Cavs fan so I am not supposed to hate him.

Jack of Blades
07-09-2010, 07:47 AM
He's a punk and a self absorbed superstar. I hope he never wins a championship while the Cavs win multiple titles.

Merc20Jets
07-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Choosing "I hate him" felt real good. but the hate goes so much deeper lol. Breakin them kids hearts at a boys & girls club.

Funkyfresh
the next Charles Barkley of the nba i hope fans of the cav send crank calls to his family for the dumb show he made. i may not like the nba what so ever but never in my life i seen man so cocky about his game. i hope his knee caps brake for the game he dive and in up homeless like that in new york or f@uk he is.

Big Zo
Even as a Heat fan I must say that the hour long special was a dick move on his part.

Funkyfresh
07-09-2010, 08:05 AM
your dam rite is was btw good like with team but still hope his knee caps pop
:horse:

_Supreme_
07-09-2010, 08:08 AM
lets see

You are posting this on a forum full of people who'se team he just didn't choose, or who'se fans have seen him as a threat to their main man's status ever since he entered the league :rolleyes:

That is the three biggest fanbases in the NBA hating on him. What did you expect the result of this poll would be?

Funkyfresh
07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
better yet i hope some crazed cavs pump full of lead like the punk he is. :cool:

Hawkeye15
07-09-2010, 08:30 AM
indifferent.

GrumpyOldMan
07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
He really should have let the Cavs know he didn't intend to come back, but that wouldn't make for good tv.
I'll always appreciate his abilities as a player, but after what he did to humilliate the city of Cleveland, I question his character and maturity as a man.

bostncelts34
07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
How can people HATE the guy. Jeez he gave Cleveland 7 amazing years and took Cle. to places they never been. He did what was best for him. 99% of the world would do the same.

Funkyfresh
07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
becuse he back out on his team to win a title before his "injury" get worse btw he doing for fame any wH@re would

PrettyBoyJ
07-09-2010, 08:43 AM
I dont really care bout him but I think he took the easy way out.. he jus came off 2 60 win seasons with the cavs.. a few trades could have improved the roster