PDA

View Full Version : I smell lock out in the horizon

justcallmetm
07-09-2010, 12:18 AM
I see a lockout happening after this whole lebron fiasco. If he would have just choosen any other team but the heat it would have been fine, but to see what Miami did and completely gut there roster no way i see this every being able to happen again.

Grand Master B
07-09-2010, 12:21 AM
i completely agree. Owners are not going to let the players have this much power. 3 players just completely changed the face of the NBA

69centers
07-09-2010, 12:47 AM
They ought to ban player's speaking about their prospective deals in free agency. The team tampering thing should be stopped with players as well, or else every year the top 3 players of every year who are free agents, will all have dinner and pick the one team with enough cash to sign them all. There would be a year after year of superteams forming.

SugeKnight
07-09-2010, 12:49 AM
ugh, why couldnt lebron sign with the knicks?

AR would be a warrior and Beasley would be a heat

The Raven
07-09-2010, 05:38 AM
I wouldny doubt it. They basically manipulated their way to Miami. This is gonna change the league for a long time

LakersIn5
07-09-2010, 05:50 AM
lol at pat riley playing the nba just like nba2k10. i never imagined that lebron,wade,bosh would be possilbe haha

Apophis
07-09-2010, 06:45 AM
I see a lockout happening after this whole lebron fiasco. If he would have just choosen any other team but the heat it would have been fine, but to see what Miami did and completely gut there roster no way i see this every being able to happen again.

I was thinking that there may be a lockout as well...

i completely agree. Owners are not going to let the players have this much power. 3 players just completely changed the face of the NBA

I agree... I guess we will all have to wait by the next season....

I wouldny doubt it. They basically manipulated their way to Miami. This is gonna change the league for a long time

yup

rhaas74
07-09-2010, 06:53 AM
I actually want it to happen, take away one of their years in their prime. Then if they don't win it this year, followed by a lockout, they only have a few years left together. And when that time comes I can see tension building and that team collapsing.

magichatnumber9
07-09-2010, 07:01 AM
I think if there is a lock out the Commish needs to go. This league needs to be rebuilt from the top down. This fiasco is bad for the league.

07-09-2010, 07:39 AM
I don't like basketball anyway, so I wish they'd win 7 titles in a row or something stupid to embarrass the league and make people lose interest. If only they could have Nash at PG and Dwight Howard at center too then I'd be happy.

If I don't enjoy something, I don't want others to enjoy it either. :)

Slimsim
07-09-2010, 08:01 AM
i Think OKC have the players to beat Miami

Hindy27
07-09-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't like basketball anyway, so I wish they'd win 7 titles in a row or something stupid to embarrass the league and make people lose interest. If only they could have Nash at PG and Dwight Howard at center too then I'd be happy.

If I don't enjoy something, I don't want others to enjoy it either. :)
Aw, can't jump and too slow to play I gather. :punish

One way of stopping this is to limit the number of minimum contracts a team can have.

They could up the difference in offers from their current teams. People were going on about Bosh leaving $30mil behind, but it wasn't as black and white as that. That extra money mostly comes from the extra year, so the extra money per year wasn't as huge as it seemed.

$15mil/year to play somewhere you want or $17mil/year to stay in a place you don't like is a no brainer, especially if you are going to earn well over $100mil in your career.

The players' current team should be able to offer 7-8 year contracts, with the other teams only able to offer 4 year contracts at 20-25% less per year than the players' current team. That way they'd only move if they really hated the place, and teams would have to trade or draft their way to success with FAs mainly used to pick up extra bench players. I doubt Riley could've just traded his way to Bosh and James.

If that's too extreme, just tweak the numbers a little.