PDA

View Full Version : Pat Riley Executive of the Year????

camador22
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Is it to early or is Pat Riley a lock to win the executive of the year? Of course Wade did his work behind the scenes but Riley is amazing. He pulled of the biggest signings of all time. Lets not forget he also brought Shaq in to help the Heat win it all.

dtmagnet
07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Pat Riley didn't do anything the players colluded this whole situation.

Sparticus
07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
without a doubt

Ethix11
07-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Dude we are the luckiest team. We can still keep Beasley and use him to get Chris Paul. If this can happen..

BradyIsTheMan12
07-08-2010, 10:29 PM

Somewhat true but the big three also had to buy in to what Pat Riley was telling them, he did that.

albertc86
07-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't want to understate Riley's contributions and efforts to the Heat but I think the players had more to do with it. In Shaq's case, he wanted a ring and saw a great opportunity with Wade. With LeBron and Bosh, that was pretty much all Wade's doing, given his relationship with the two.

albertc86
07-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Dude we are the luckiest team. We can still keep Beasley and use him to get Chris Paul. If this can happen..

This is not NBA Live. Be happy with the guys that you have right now.

camador22
07-08-2010, 10:30 PM

He only spent over 3 years making the space needed for this. He ignored everyone that wanted a quick fix and Miami to go out and spend. He made one hell of a presentation from what everyone says and not to mention the longest.

Slimsim
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Decade.

VinceCarter
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
It wasn't Riley it was all Wade recruiting the players to the team.

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
For what?

Wade for Executive of the year. He is friends with them and convinced them to come to Miami. Which brings me to my next point...

The City of Miami and state of Florida for Executives of the Year. Your warm climate and fun atmosphere helped reel the players in! :clap:

MacFitz92
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM

You greedy son'f *****.

RaptorFan89
07-08-2010, 10:35 PM
No Wade is the GM of the year. Hey i dont think this just happen either..I have a feeling this was in the works for years ...since the 2008 USA Medal team.This off season has been plan out for a while the biggest show off broadway!

Niro
07-08-2010, 10:35 PM
...ever!

ink
07-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Wade got them this far. We'll see if Riley can fill out the rest of the roster now ...

jackdawson
07-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Wade.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2010, 10:45 PM

I love Pat, but I have to agree. The players all planned this in advance, it was just a question of where they were going. It just so happens that Miami had the $$$ and is the best location.

camador22
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Dan Lebatard made a great point. Every team would have been thrilled to have anyone of these guys. Pat Riley got all 3 at a discounted price :clap:

DQL
07-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Riley is one hell of an executive. A decade ago he brought in Alonzo Mourning and Tim Hardaway and changed the face of the HEAT franchise. That era would of won a title hadn't it been for Michael Jordan. In 2004 he traded for Shaq who was the most popular sports player at that time. A year later he pulled the largest trade in NBA history (5-team, 13-player) to complete the roster and finally bring a championship to Miami. And you guys already know what happened today. Even more surprisingly, Wade, Lebron (and possibly Bosh) might be the only ones this summer to get underpaid while other teams have to throw big bucks on their signees.

Yes Pat Riley has already won the GM of the year. No doubt about that

THE MTL
07-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Dwayne Wade should get it!

soonabooma
07-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I love Pat, but I have to agree. The players all planned this in advance, it was just a question of where they were going. It just so happens that Miami had the $$$ and is the best location.

100% true. They planned the whole thing and Wade was the real mastermind becuz he knew he was in the most attractive market. Bosh was leaving Toronto all along and if Lebron wasn't gonna be able to convince him to choose Cleveland over Miami, then Lebron was just gonna follow like a little ******.

The funny thing is the fact that guys like Kobe, KD, Melo, Dwight, even CP3 are all laughing at Lebron now for proving that he was never the real deal, just a talented little baby, an immature, spoiled little brat who had no idea how to carry himself or how to handle his stardom. Michael Jordan is probably thinking "god, what a tool, he just threw in the towel so he could become Dwyane Wades personal ******, yeah...he definitely ain't in the same league as me or Kobe, and he never will be." Sorry Lebron, you LOSE.

Master Mind
07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
So Wade cleared the cap space huh? :eyebrow: